PDA

View Full Version : Iglesias and Aceves called up. Victorino and Middlebrooks to DL

grandsalami
05-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Jen Royle ‏@Jen_Royle 20s
Iglesias and Aceves called up. Victorino and Middlebrooks to DL. #RedSox

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Jamie Erdahl ‏@JamieErdahl 21s
#RedSox send Middlebrooks (low back), Victorino (hamstring) to DL. Iglesias, Aceves called up. Ross activated, Lavarnway optioned. #mouthful

What's the over/under amount of appearances on Aceves before he gets sent back down.

Nomar
05-24-2013, 03:52 PM
What will be worse watching Iggy hit or Aceves live in general?

bagwell368
05-24-2013, 03:56 PM
What will be worse watching Iggy hit or Aceves live in general?

All Hail Miggy's bat. He'll make us all forget about WMB.... Ooops, you meant Iggy? Oh, well then, forget that.

Station 13
05-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Good, no way I want Ciriaco playing 3B.

bagwell368
05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Good, no way I want Ciriaco playing 3B.

I hear you, but in the way vets are handled vs kids, don't be surprised if Ciriaco gets a number of starts.

-Lavigne43-
05-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Can't believe Aceves is pitching for this team again

-Lavigne43-
05-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Also has Victorino always been this injury prone? It makes me worry that we have him under contract for 2 more years.

todu82
05-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Hopefully Iglesias gains the ability to hit, 1 heck of a fielder but unless his hitting improves he won't be a full time major leaguer

bagwell368
05-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Also has Victorino always been this injury prone? It makes me worry that we have him under contract for 2 more years.

No. But he's aging and plays the game like a man on fire. He's going to lose games. I think it's pretty clear now he needs more time off then he got recently so he can heal up.

Most FA's getting over $10M a year don't live up to it. If it's at all possible, he'll do it. He's not tradeable if he's hurt after all, and worth less if he's been hurt a lot.

RedSoxtober
05-25-2013, 11:31 AM
I hear you, but in the way vets are handled vs kids, don't be surprised if Ciriaco gets a number of starts.
Meh, Ciriaco basically only has last season with 76G on his dossier and with that he had more PT than his career has merited based on swinging a hot bat (and killing NYY). I don't really see him as a vet that would be protected in the same way.

Can't believe Aceves is pitching for this team again
I don't think they had a lot of multiple inning options in PAW. Dempster's start killed the BP and they just need the insurance. I won't be surprised to see someone like Brentz take his place by the time Dempster's next start rolls around.

Averaged around 145 games and 625PA since 2006 so I'd say no. I agree with you about the concerns: lower back, hamstring, ... sounds like he's aging less gracefully than Bill James could project.

bagwell368
05-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Meh, Ciriaco basically only has last season with 76G on his dossier and with that he had more PT than his career has merited based on swinging a hot bat (and killing NYY). I don't really see him as a vet that would be protected in the same way.

That's partially true. But the Sox may believe they can deal Ciriaco, and if he's put behind Iglesias, it doesn't look too good. Also if Iggy has a 3K game they might want to give him the next game off, or if a very tough SP is due, he might get a game off. Also if he's shaky in the field at 3B, he might need games off, or to move to SS for a game or two for Drew to grab some rest.

Anyhow, between now and when WMB gets back, Iggy won't start every game.

I don't think they had a lot of multiple inning options in PAW. Dempster's start killed the BP and they just need the insurance. I won't be surprised to see someone like Brentz take his place by the time Dempster's next start rolls around.

Averaged around 145 games and 625PA since 2006 so I'd say no. I agree with you about the concerns: lower back, hamstring, ... sounds like he's aging less gracefully than Bill James could project.