PDA

View Full Version : Bad timing? Tim (Timmay) Duncan's wife files for divorce

4milesperday
05-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Tim Duncan is reportedly going through divorce proceedings with his wife Amy.

Court papers filed last week include a request that legal discovery in the case be postponed until after the Spurs' last playoff game.

The Duncans met at Wake Forest when Tim was on the basketball team and Amy was a cheerleader.

Amy initiated the divorce proceedings on March 27.

Richard Orsinger represented Tony Parker in his divorce from Evan Longoria in 2010.

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local_news/article/Divorce-documents-point-to-Duncans-4544911.php?t=bf7834ef38ebaa2aab&t=bf7834ef38

In the middle of the west finals? Damn, she's cold.

True Sports Fan
05-24-2013, 10:17 AM
What a bish

NYKnickFanatic
05-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I wonder why.

hugepatsfan
05-24-2013, 10:18 AM
So should she suck it up just stay in an unhappy marriage for a couple more months so he's not distracted...? Sucks for Timmy, but this is life. Can't put it on pause for some basketball games.

Odominator
05-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Shes dating Zbo

UPRock
05-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Shes dating Zbo

lol

b@llhog24
05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Shes dating Zbo

First name twenty, last name inch.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 10:37 AM
It wasn't in the middle of the WCF, she initiated the proceedings about 2 months ago.

But these guys (SA Express News) putting this out there now is absolute BS. I know Tim is as mentally strong as they come, but for someone who doesn't put their business out there to the media, this definitely sucks.

76ersai0309
05-24-2013, 10:38 AM
So Tony Parker was married to EvaN Longoria? Hot.

True Sports Fan
05-24-2013, 10:46 AM
So should she suck it up just stay in an unhappy marriage for a couple more months so he's not distracted...? Sucks for Timmy, but this is life. Can't put it on pause for some basketball games. Basketball is life.

ManRam
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
So should she suck it up just stay in an unhappy marriage for a couple more months so he's not distracted...? Sucks for Timmy, but this is life. Can't put it on pause for some basketball games.

agreed.

not surprised to see vitriol towards her coming from a bunch of dudes, but she's got every right to do this. it's been something that's been going on for months too, so it's not like it's a new and sudden stressor on him.

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Gold digger knows he's nearing the end.

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Shes dating Zbo

:laugh:

waveycrockett
05-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Crazy. I remember them years ago talking about them like they were the perfect couple.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Just to point out again, she did not just spring this up on him now. It's been ongoing for a couple months now.

And Tim has 30 days after the playoffs end to respond. Their kids are still with him pre-game like normal, so this doesn't "seem" like it's a nasty divorce by any means.

Could just be 2 people growing apart, having a different vision of post-retirement life, etc... Who knows. They've been together since high school, & she was weary about being an NBA Players wife from the beginning and even called things off then.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Haha more importantly:

(The writer)

Patrick Danner
alamoPD
San Antonio Express-News business writer, covering health care, the economy, banking and civil courts. Former Miami Herald reporter.

Coincidence? :eyebrow:

waveycrockett
05-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Just to point out again, she did not just spring this up on him now. It's been ongoing for a couple months now.

And Tim has 30 days after the playoffs end to respond. Their kids are still with him pre-game like normal, so this doesn't "seem" like it's a nasty divorce by any means.

Could just be 2 people growing apart, having a different vision of post-retirement life, etc... Who knows. They've been together since high school, & she was weary about being an NBA Players wife from the beginning and even called things off then.
It's funny when Fans try to sugar coat everything. I'm sure Duncan is devastated.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 11:14 AM
It's funny when Fans try to sugar coat everything. I'm sure Duncan is devastated.

I'm sure he is too, but my point was it's not like she just threw this on him now during the WCF.

AlexTmz2
05-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Bad timing indeed. This is the playoffs though, this is what they get paid to do, this is what they work for. Shake it off Timmy :punish:

:win:

*Not every divorce ends bad. this could be the best for both. Only they will know.

akesh99
05-24-2013, 11:29 AM

lol i caught that too

JordansBulls
05-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Would Duncan cheat on his wife?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't like timmy very much, but what a lame chick. I wonder what the reasons are? Maybe he's a cheater like 75 percent of American athletes.

BigBlueCrew
05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
We on TMZ-lite now? :pity:

BigBlueCrew
05-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm sure he is too, but my point was it's not like she just threw this on him now during the WCF.

I doubt she really cares

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 11:48 AM
I doubt she really cares

I disagree. The fact that he doesn't have to respond until 30 days after the playoffs end shows otherwise.

But this was done 2 months ago. (March 27th) so she didn't just say during the WCF I want a divorce. I think people aren't understanding that

Snakeyestx
05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
She's gotta be a Grizzlies or Heat fan... or ... seeing someone from either team :(

Pakman
05-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Well tim does kinda look like a d***. So no surprise here.

heyman321
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM
I heard Tim Duncan cheated on his wife with Boris Diaw.

Jarvo
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Not my boy Timmy man :( I don't think he'll go Gasol on us though and play awful, He has his kids with him for pre game so it shouldn't be that bad.. I hope.

ryang
05-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Who cares. Pull your sack up and keep playing.

DoMeFavors
05-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Tim was probably cheating on her

Bob_at_york
05-24-2013, 12:28 PM

what?

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Not my boy Timmy man :( I don't think he'll go Gasol on us though and play awful, He has his kids with him for pre game so it shouldn't be that bad.. I hope.

Yea i don't see him Pau'ing it up either.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM

:laugh: I almost choked on my morning muffin.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 12:53 PM
what?

It's called a joke dude. Lol

COOLbeans
05-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Women :pity:

DoMeFavors
05-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Not trying to say anything but Tim does have a feminine voice

Hawkeye15
05-24-2013, 01:30 PM

yep. It's not like a divorce is shocking, trust me, I have been through one. There is some surreal feelings, but its nice to know that you don't have to fight and not get along anymore. If anything, he can now focus more on basketball, instead of saving a failed marriage.

More-Than-Most
05-24-2013, 01:33 PM
The way he low key Trolls people would drive anyone insane....Could you imagine his wife yelling at him and he has the dumbass smirk on his face? :laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 01:42 PM
yep. It's not like a divorce is shocking, trust me, I have been through one. There is some surreal feelings, but its nice to know that you don't have to fight and not get along anymore. If anything, he can now focus more on basketball, instead of saving a failed marriage.

Cheating is bad Hawk.

JK :P

TRF929
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM
The way he low key Trolls people would drive anyone insane....Could you imagine his wife yelling at him and he has the dumbass smirk on his face? :laugh:

:win::win:

Bob_at_york
05-24-2013, 02:08 PM
It's called a joke dude. Lol

I don't see what is funny about this situation. A marriage is breaking up and kids are going to get stuck in-between.

pacofunk64
05-24-2013, 02:15 PM
It wasn't in the middle of the WCF, she initiated the proceedings about 2 months ago.

But these guys (SA Express News) putting this out there now is absolute BS. I know Tim is as mentally strong as they come, but for someone who doesn't put their business out there to the media, this definitely sucks.

Off topic but your signature gif is hilarious!

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Off topic but your signature gif is hilarious!

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 02:17 PM
I don't see what is funny about this situation. A marriage is breaking up and kids are going to get stuck in-between.

Well ask him good sir. It was just a smart remark while trying to be funny, It gave me a chuckle.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 02:20 PM
*Rumor* is his wife was cheating with the trainer/yoga instructor.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 02:57 PM

No way? That's some ****ed up **** if true.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 03:02 PM
No way? That's some ****ed up **** if true.

That's what I read from someone who knew about the divorce itself before it was made public. Seems like a legit source, but no way of knowing for sure.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Cheating is bad Hawk.

JK :P

I wasn't the cheater

Hawkeye15
05-24-2013, 03:08 PM

wasn't Shaq's wife doing the same thing?

Note to self-don't let your wife get a ripped, male yoga instructor

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 03:08 PM
That's what I read from someone who knew about the divorce itself before it was made public. Seems like a legit source, but no way of knowing for sure.

I hope she gets stuck with nothing. What a POS.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 03:11 PM
I wasn't the cheater

Ouch... Well this is what our world has come to my man. Women are pretty lame in the modern era. It's hard to find a respectable one.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 03:17 PM
wasn't Shaq's wife doing the same thing?

Note to self-don't let your wife get a ripped, male yoga instructor

Yup. Back in 07

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 03:19 PM
I hope she gets stuck with nothing. What a POS.

I'm sure she'll get something anyway.

"In the docs, Duncan reveals he has a prenup, which he wants enforced. This is important because Duncan got married 4 years AFTER he was selected in the first round of the NBA draft. In 2012, he inked a 3-year, $36 million deal, and that's just the last contract. Dude is worth a fortune."

rocket
05-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digga...

but I know she aint messing with no broke (banned)

Quinnsanity
05-24-2013, 03:33 PM

She can leave, but at least wait on the paperwork and everything and let him play. What good does it do her to do this early besides stealing half of the money she didn't earn a bit earlier. If she wants to leave the house and see other people I have no problem with that, but this really just seems like she's being a vindictive ***** and trying to distract him in the middle of the playoffs.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm sure she'll get something anyway.

"In the docs, Duncan reveals he has a prenup, which he wants enforced. This is important because Duncan got married 4 years AFTER he was selected in the first round of the NBA draft. In 2012, he inked a 3-year, $36 million deal, and that's just the last contract. Dude is worth a fortune."
Well lets hope it's peanut money.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-24-2013, 03:47 PM
She can leave, but at least wait on the paperwork and everything and let him play. What good does it do her to do this early besides stealing half of the money she didn't earn a bit earlier. If she wants to leave the house and see other people I have no problem with that, but this really just seems like she's being a vindictive ***** and trying to distract him in the middle of the playoffs.

Straight up. She's basically saying F your career if you want to divorce me.

SteveNash
05-24-2013, 03:58 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnn5d2kve51qf8vlt.jpg

justinnum1
05-24-2013, 03:58 PM
must have gotten dirty for her to bring this up now.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2013, 04:17 PM

While I have no doubt that celebrities are of a higher gene pool than most of us, but yeah, we need to see the makeup off, and to see them with no airbrushing.

arkanian215
05-24-2013, 04:31 PM

Delrayhc
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM

Define (morning muffin) for everyone.

LAKERS 24/7
05-24-2013, 05:00 PM

id still hit it

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 05:07 PM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. ó "Tim Duncan had concerns about his marriage as long ago as last fall. That led him to hire a private investigator, a well-placed source said.

A divorce petition was filed two months ago. Amy Duncan moved out about three weeks ago, a source said.

But this isnít he-said, she-said. This is about he-played. Duncan has been living with emotional turmoil for most of the season, and yet heís performed as well as he has in six years."

Gotta feel for the kids in this situation especially, & anytime parents splt. I'm glad they are still there w/TD during pregames and looking happy. It does further sort of validate what was said earlier about his wife being the one that was unfaithful.

COOLbeans
05-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Gotta feel for the kids in this situation especially, & anytime parents splt. I'm glad they are still there w/TD during pregames and looking happy. It does further sort of validate what was said earlier about his wife being the one that was unfaithful.

Yes it does. I'm defitnelty a Tim Duncan fan after what he did to my warriors at 37 or whatever..and his will to fight through this adversity and play great further validates this.

Nice sig by the way lol

Delrayhc
05-24-2013, 05:13 PM

I bet your morning muffin is chocolate with yellow and purple lcing with the number 24 written on it.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Yes it does. I'm defitnelty a Tim Duncan fan after what he did to my warriors at 37 or whatever..and his will to fight through this adversity and play great further validates this.

Nice sig by the way lol

Yea, he's a mentally strong dude. You kind of have to be for someone in his position.

& Thanks :)

Longhornfan1234
05-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Hoes are going to be hoes.

numba1CHANGsta
05-24-2013, 05:43 PM
cold bloooded

sammyvine
05-24-2013, 05:47 PM

As crazy as that sounds beings married to an nba player may not be all chocolates and roses
yes there is money, fame, clothes etc...but can you imagine the pressure, all the cameras, husband being away all the time..worried about cheating etc...

sammyvine
05-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Yea, he's a mentally strong dude. You kind of have to be for someone in his position.

& Thanks :)
they have been together for a very long time...13 years is long considering famous marriages even though he is very low key.
could have just grown apart. I wonder how much money she will get.

kdspurman
05-24-2013, 05:54 PM
As crazy as that sounds beings married to an nba player may not be all chocolates and roses
yes there is money, fame, clothes etc...but can you imagine the pressure, all the cameras, husband being away all the time..worried about cheating etc...

Oh yea no doubt about it. But there's also obviously some perks that come with it too. But I totally get that. But she also knew this going into it. But she made the decision to do what she did, and it's unfortunate for Tim & their children, but that's life sometimes. Everything happens for a reason

SportsFanatic10
05-24-2013, 06:10 PM
unfortunate news, i don't think duncan is the type of player to let this affect his game though. wade was able to go through a messy court battle and keep his **** together on the court.

Ipushkidsdown
05-24-2013, 08:03 PM
two months ago wow you think they would have had it done by now. I wonder how much of the empire she walks away with ?

Sadds The Gr8
05-24-2013, 10:20 PM

Lmfaoooo

You actually had a funny post for once

dodie53
05-24-2013, 11:36 PM
too bad.
that's life

Cromedome
05-25-2013, 12:02 AM
agreed.

not surprised to see vitriol towards her coming from a bunch of dudes, but she's got every right to do this. it's been something that's been going on for months too, so it's not like it's a new and sudden stressor on him.

No offense because I have no clue but are you a woman?

YouCan'tBeatLA
05-25-2013, 12:06 AM
I never knew Tony Parker was gay.

kdspurman
05-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Yesterday at practice Duncan told his teammates: “What you do on this court is nothing compared to what you do at home for your children,” said Duncan, adding that what this country lacks most is not basketball players but mature men. “The playoffs end in June, but the responsibilities of fatherhood? Those are year-round. Guys, it doesn’t matter if you score 10,000 points or win three NBA championships—spending time with your kids: that’s the championship. This is just a game, after all.”

Truth...

kdspurman
08-21-2013, 10:15 AM
In an unusual and secret hearing Tuesday that didn't even occur at the Bexar County Courthouse, state District Judge David A. Canales granted the divorce between Duncan and his college sweetheart, Amy.

The judge later told the San Antonio Express-News that he held the hearing during his lunch hour at the offices of Tim Duncan's lawyer, Sue Hall, at her request. The couple and their lawyers were present.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Tim-Duncan-granted-divorce-4746926.php#photo-5069979

We’ve learned the identity of the man suspected to be involved with Tim Duncan’s wife of 12-years!

Sources reveal Gil Urbano, a former stripper, now has Amy Duncan to thank for getting him off the strip pole. Know why? Because she reportedly bought a gym where he poses as the owner, and she apparently is the silent owner who is known to frequent the spot.

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/former-stripper-named-as-basketball-wife-amy-duncans-jump-off/

Hawkeye15
08-21-2013, 01:49 PM
hoping Duncan was able to use "infidelity" as grounds, so she doesn't get any of his money.

Alas, probably didn't work that way

IKnowHoops
08-21-2013, 03:13 PM
hoping Duncan was able to use "infidelity" as grounds, so she doesn't get any of his money.

Alas, probably didn't work that way

How bad would it be for a man who was with a rich woman to buy a gym with his girls money so his stripper hoe can be the owner and get off the pole so that the two of them can get a life together.

This is some Bull. If you wanna leave a man, then leave a man, but to take his money that you would have never made on your own is bs. I can see a 100k a year pay-off just to be nice, but this take half bs is just bs.

bearadonisdna
08-21-2013, 03:34 PM
When this story first came out, it was reported that Duncan had a prenup. So that would be that right?
Also it was reported that that Tim was being bitter and confrontational towards her what marriage isnt like that?
Then we heard about her accusing of him being gay.

Right now is the perfect time to settle this thing, in the offseason.

bearadonisdna
08-21-2013, 03:38 PM

U have a point about the cheating and being away, but guess what military families have to deal with the time apart too. And its way worse.

bearadonisdna
08-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Amy- "Being an NBA wife is hard." *sips champagne from her pool*

IKnowHoops
08-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Must be those empty stares Timmy has been giving her. He's like I'm listening babe but it looks like he's zoning out.

lol

Hawkeye15
08-21-2013, 05:35 PM
How bad would it be for a man who was with a rich woman to buy a gym with his girls money so his stripper hoe can be the owner and get off the pole so that the two of them can get a life together.

This is some Bull. If you wanna leave a man, then leave a man, but to take his money that you would have never made on your own is bs. I can see a 100k a year pay-off just to be nice, but this take half bs is just bs.

I just hope she gets nothing if the story is true. Women are given enough preferred treatment from the courts in divorces.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-21-2013, 05:38 PM
No offense because I have no clue but are you a woman?

I had a feeling she was.