PDA

View Full Version : Warriors in the mix for Howard

Stunner
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
http://hoopshype.com/

A source familiar with Howard's thinking says he plans to test free agency and has considered the Lakers, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Golden State.

http://www.presstelegram.com/rss/ci_23302228?source=rss

tredigs
05-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Don't want.

bigmac8675
05-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Meh... I don't see it happening. Howard will most likely be a Rockette

RealLiveBear
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
So we'd see One of Thompson or Barnes leave in a sign and trade. Don't really think thats much of an upgrade team wise especially if Bogut keeps healthy.

JasonJohnHorn
05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
So we'd see One of Thompson or Barnes leave in a sign and trade. Don't really think thats much of an upgrade team wise especially if Bogut keeps healthy.

Are you kidding. Moving Barnes and Thompson for Dwight would make them better, not that I expect that. The Lakers would likely want a C back in return and that would mean Bogut (and maybe Barnes thrown in). If that's the deal on the table, I say take it.

Curry and Thompson in the back court with Lee and Howard in the front court? That's a great line-up, especially if Brandon Rush comes back healthy (he's a better 3pt shooter than Barnes even).

There are few players I wouldn't give up for Dwight. I think, after this season, LBJ and Durant are the only guys any GM in the league wouldn't trade for Dwight, and I'm sure a couple would even consider those two.

That said... where is the article? That site isn't very easy to navigate. You click on the link and it gives you like 40 links to scroll through, the Dwight article isn't on the top (or anywhere to be seen) and there's no search box on the page? That page needs some serious work.

PleaseBeNice
05-23-2013, 04:06 PM
All yours GSW

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Bogut,Barnes,klay thompson for Howard deal or no deal? That's what it will most likely take

Allphakenny1
05-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Bogut,Barnes,klay thompson for Howard deal or no deal? That's what it will most likely take

No deal for sure, that is way too much to give up. Especially when the Lakers do not have the upper hand in this. The only way the Lakers do a sing and trade with Dwight is if he already told them he would not sign with them so getting Bogut and Thompson alone should be enough. Or else they get nothing in return and Dwight goes to the Rockets.

tredigs
05-23-2013, 04:42 PM

Hahaha. GL w/ that one. If we're talking an injured Bogut and 2010 D. Howard that would be a discussion.

There's no telling if he goes somewhere that it will be a sign and trade, either.

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Are you kidding. Moving Barnes and Thompson for Dwight would make them better, not that I expect that. The Lakers would likely want a C back in return and that would mean Bogut (and maybe Barnes thrown in). If that's the deal on the table, I say take it.

Curry and Thompson in the back court with Lee and Howard in the front court? That's a great line-up, especially if Brandon Rush comes back healthy (he's a better 3pt shooter than Barnes even).

There are few players I wouldn't give up for Dwight. I think, after this season, LBJ and Durant are the only guys any GM in the league wouldn't trade for Dwight, and I'm sure a couple would even consider those two.

That said... where is the article? That site isn't very easy to navigate. You click on the link and it gives you like 40 links to scroll through, the Dwight article isn't on the top (or anywhere to be seen) and there's no search box on the page? That page needs some serious work.

Here is the article (used Ctlr+F search for Howard): http://www.presstelegram.com/rss/ci_23302228?source=rss

With the Lakers and Warriors both over the salary cap, the salaries going to each team need to match. Luckily for the Warriors they have some big expiring contracts to help them with that. Bogut at $14 mil, Jefferson at $11 mil, and Biedrins at $9 mil.

I could see the Warriors sending out Bogut since they won't need him with Dwight. Then like mentioned before they would definitely need to send out at least one of their young up-and-coming guys in either Thompson or Barnes as well. Maybe throw in a draft pick too and it could be a done deal. I don't think the Warriors would be willing to give up both Thompson AND Barnes.

But If Dwight is going to leave anyway then might as well get something back for him and one of Thompson or Barnes is definitely better than nothing. The toughest part is would be sending him to a division rival, especially when that division rival is going to be very good and a team you will have to contend with for the next 5-6 years at least. Why make the move if you're going to create a team you may never be able to beat? That alone could stop the deal from getting done.

2-ONE-5
05-23-2013, 04:58 PM
says Howard is interested in GS not that GS is interested in Howard...

They have the best young core in the league, no need to break it up

MagicBucsSox
05-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Don't want.

Liar

shep33
05-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Don't want.

Don't blame you :laugh:

MagicBucsSox
05-23-2013, 05:19 PM
says Howard is interested in GS not that GS is interested in Howard...

They have the best young core in the league, no need to break it up

Lmaooo bro that core isn't Winning anything with those inept Bigs. That's the perfect fit. Orlando 2.0 . But with actual talent

jcbetson
05-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Bogut, Jefferson, Biedrens, 1st rd pick for Dwight, Metta, Duhon

Lakers should then amnesty or trade Gasol

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Liar

Yea Dwight would fit in beautifully with that team. With dead-eye shooters on the perimeter Dwight would have all the space he needs to operate down low. The Warriors would be championship contenders for years to come.

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Bogut, Jefferson, Biedrens, 1st rd pick for Dwight, Metta, Duhon

Lakers should then amnesty or trade Gasol

get the garbage out of here :puke: why even play if you're going to gift-wrap Dwight to the Warriors? Nobody in the western conference would be able to challenge them.

Gagan136
05-23-2013, 05:27 PM
No deal for sure, that is way too much to give up. Especially when the Lakers do not have the upper hand in this. The only way the Lakers do a sing and trade with Dwight is if he already told them he would not sign with them so getting Bogut and Thompson alone should be enough. Or else they get nothing in return and Dwight goes to the Rockets.

Deal.

jcbetson
05-23-2013, 05:38 PM
well technically if the warriors can convince their players who have the ETO to opt out and come back after signing d12, it could work. they would be $21 mil under

shep33
05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
well technically if the warriors can convince their players who have the ETO to opt out and come back after signing d12, it could work. they would be $21 mil under

No way Jefferson opts out of an 11 mill year. I doubt Rush does too.

jcbetson
05-23-2013, 05:41 PM
i agree im just saying if they put something in their drinks that it could work lmao

jcbetson
05-23-2013, 05:45 PM
now what would be even more of a dream is if they all opted out....and

1.) Dwight for Bogut, Barnes, 1st rd pick
2.) Signed CP3 via FA

Starting lineup:

C Howard
PF Lee
SF Thompson
SG Curry
PG Paul

....bye bye miami lol

once again...a dream

shep33
05-23-2013, 05:50 PM
i agree im just saying if they put something in their drinks that it could work lmao

:laugh: I mean technically yeah it's possible, just don't really see it happening.

shep33
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
I like watching the Warriors as is with Bogut. If they get Dwight, within 1 month he'll start complaining about a lack of touches. Truth is he'd be like the 4th best offensive player on that team lol.

Curry, Klay, and Lee aren't just scorers, they're all well rounded offensive players. You can give the ball to Lee in the high post and he can make a great pass to a teammate.

Dwight isn't a very good passer, he turns it over quite a bit, and he has a limited offensive game. If he was to be okay with not getting the ball every time down, then yeah it's great for the Warriors.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 05:57 PM

Hahaha you act like you have the leverage.

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Deal.

So u would want and injury prone bogut and a good shooter for Dwight lol

Mr.SmackYoMama
05-23-2013, 06:03 PM

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dubs getting played on that trade!

LoveMeOrHateMe
05-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Hahaha you act like you have the leverage.

And you guys do because you have cap space to sign him?

SACNYY
05-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm guessing he'll get a Max contract. The way he played this season, he certainly doesn't deserve one. There was plenty of games where he put up 8 points 4 boards. He sucked.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:08 PM
And you guys do because you have cap space to sign him?

No we have leverage because he, repeat, Dwight Howard is interested in us. Not the other way around. Yes he when healthy is a great player and we'd love to have him on the team but we don't need him with Bogut. A healthy Bogut has a more complete game then Howard. We are not going out of our way to chase him so yes we have more leverage than the lakers do. Another reason is for him to come here that would need to be a sign and trade which means he told LA to piss off.

fredv
05-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Howard not interested in Warriors. This is a smokescreen.

You'll see :)

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:13 PM

I think a lot of people are interested in this warrior team after what they did in the playoffs.

mightymouse407
05-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I like watching the Warriors as is with Bogut. If they get Dwight, within 1 month he'll start complaining about a lack of touches. Truth is he'd be like the 4th best offensive player on that team lol.

Curry, Klay, and Lee aren't just scorers, they're all well rounded offensive players. You can give the ball to Lee in the high post and he can make a great pass to a teammate.

Dwight isn't a very good passer, he turns it over quite a bit, and he has a limited offensive game. If he was to be okay with not getting the ball every time down, then yeah it's great for the Warriors.

:hi5: well said

fredv
05-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I think a lot of people are interested in this warrior team after what they did in the playoffs.

Absolutely, they have a great future no doubt! But the reports of Howard being interested to sign a multi-year contract with them are wrong. He isn't interested.

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 06:23 PM
No way Jefferson opts out of an 11 mill year. I doubt Rush does too.

And no way Biedrins opts out of $9 mil. Too bad their contracts didn't expire one year sooner, but they will have the cap space to sign somebody good in 2014 to go along with their young core.

shep33
05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
And no way Biedrins opts out of $9 mil. Too bad their contracts didn't expire one year sooner, but they will have the cap space to sign somebody good in 2014 to go along with their young core.

Yeah, forgot about Andris lol. Man, if there was ever a time to use the amnesty it was for him a couple years back. Instead they used it on Charlie Bell

ThaDubs
05-23-2013, 06:26 PM
No way on Earth are we trading Barnes. **** no. ****. No. If we trade Barnes in a deal for D12 I facepalm until my forehead rips off.

ThaDubs
05-23-2013, 06:30 PM

I'm sure almost every player is interested in the Warriors after our playoff run.

odiz
05-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing he'll get a Max contract. The way he played this season, he certainly doesn't deserve one. There was plenty of games where he put up 8 points 4 boards. He sucked.

Howard put up 17 points on 58% shooting, 12 rebounds, 2.4 blocks and 1.1 steals per game.

Would you like to know how many players in the history of the NBA have had a season where they put up at least 17 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 steal per game while shooting 58% or above?

The answer is 1.

In a bad situation, with a coach that didnt fit his playing style, while playing injured, Howard still had a season that no other player in history has replicated. I know people love to hate on the guy, i dont like him either, but face the facts he is leaps and bounds ahead of every other Center in the league. To say he "sucked" is ridiculous.

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 06:31 PM
No way on Earth are we trading Barnes. **** no. ****. No. If we trade Barnes in a deal for D12 I facepalm until my forehead rips off.

You have to give up something good to get something good. Barnes rookie numbers weren't even that impressive: 9.2 PPG, 4.1 RPG 44% FG 11.08 PER....certainly not untouchable

fredv
05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm sure almost every player is interested in the Warriors after our playoff run.

Yeah Lebron is trying to force his way out of Miami to join the Warriors as we speak!

Jesus get a grip, homerism is at an all-time high right now!

Steph Curry getting the key to the city? For what? Getting to the 2nd round? Jesus act like you've been in the end-zone before. Starting to look like the Cavs FO on lottery day.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Absolutely, they have a great future no doubt! But the reports of Howard being interested to sign a multi-year contract with them are wrong. He isn't interested.

You have no clue if he is or isn't interested. Your just talking to talk unless your name is Dwight Howard which we all know it isn't. We can agree on one thing tho he will not be in Oakland next year. Warriors will stay with their core just add bench depth.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah Lebron is trying to force his way out of Miami to join the Warriors as we speak!

Jesus get a grip, homerism is at an all-time high right now!

Steph Curry getting the key to the city? For what? Getting to the 2nd round? Jesus act like you've been in the end-zone before. Starting to look like the Cavs FO on lottery day.

That's why he prefaced it with an almost.

fredv
05-23-2013, 06:38 PM
You have no clue if he is or isn't interested. Your just talking to talk unless your name is Dwight Howard which we all know it isn't. We can agree on one thing tho he will not be in Oakland next year. Warriors will stay with their core just add bench depth.

I am Dwight Howard :)

No jk, but as I said, he isn't interested in joining the Warriors. That "leak" was him and his agents testing his entourage because he was pissed that other things he told his entourage was leaked. So now he knows who leaked his prior info.
And you are right, he will not wear the gold and baby blue next season.

ThaDubs
05-23-2013, 06:38 PM
You have to give up something good to get something good. Barnes rookie numbers weren't even that impressive: 9.2 PPG, 4.1 RPG 44% FG 11.08 PER....certainly not untouchable

Good numbers at best. Yes. But he was unbelievable in the playoffs. The last thing we want to do is trade a possible future all-star for someone like D12 who is in his prime and injury prone. But I know what you mean. We're not getting away with D12 by trading a couple okay players.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm talking about free agents. Jeez, girlfriend leave you blue balled?

Naw the warriors had their time in the spotlight, everyone fell in love with us but now that we are out its back to only la, bulls, Knicks and heat that can discussed.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM

They limited his role hardcore and agreed you have to give to get but they don't wanna break that up just yet.

ThaDubs
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM

No jk, but as I said, he isn't interested in joining the Warriors. That "leak" was him and his agents testing his entourage because he was pissed that other things he told his entourage was leaked. So now he knows who leaked his prior info.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site568/2013/0121/20130121_075059_ssjm0122warriors.JPG

Didn't realize that was baby blue.

ThaDubs
05-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Naw the warriors had their time in the spotlight, everyone fell in love with us but now that we are out its back to only la, bulls, Knicks and heat that can discussed.

Yeah, for D12. Obviously he's not going to the bay next season.

goldenstater
05-23-2013, 06:43 PM
if Howard acts like the ***** he did in LA id rather take my chances with bogut. i dont see it happening anyways, plus LA has absolutely no leverage in a sign and trade i dont think our front office would bite on giving up to much for him.

fredv
05-23-2013, 06:44 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site568/2013/0121/20130121_075059_ssjm0122warriors.JPG

Didn't realize that was baby blue.

http://www.nfljerseysupply.cc/images/nba/supply7589.jpg

Doesn't get much more baby blue.

And baby blue is a color, not trying to say your team is babyish or whatever. Anyways, this argument is headed in the wrong direction.

ThaDubs
05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Not baby blue

VVVVVVV

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.nfljerseysupply.cc/images/nba/supply7589.jpg

Doesn't get much more baby blue.

And baby blue is a color, not trying to say your team is babyish or whatever. Anyways, this argument is headed in the wrong direction.

I'm sure he knows its a color but that's not baby blue its too dark. The chargers color is closer to baby blue.

ThaDubs
05-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Not baby blue

VVVVVVV

More-Than-Most
05-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I am starting to understand why people do not want him.... I am not sure I would either.... Him and Bynum have a ton of risk

oak2455
05-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Ohh cool

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:52 PM
I am starting to understand why people do not want him.... I am not sure I would either.... Him and Bynum have a ton of risk
Him less so than Bynum but as a warrior fan I'm happy with Bogut if he is healthy now. He can score a little out the post, can play d, and can pass very well for a big. I'd like to see this team another year older and with the experience of playing together all year. Don't forget we had 3 rookies with very big roles on this team.

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Good numbers at best. Yes. But he was unbelievable in the playoffs. The last thing we want to do is trade a possible future all-star for someone like D12 who is in his prime and injury prone. But I know what you mean. We're not getting away with D12 by trading a couple okay players.

Giving up a possible future all-star for a current all-star in his prime is not a bad deal. Plus, I think he's a little pre-mature to call Howard injury prone. He had one injured season, but before that he was iron man.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Giving up a possible future all-star for a current all-star in his prime is not a bad deal. Plus, I think he's a little pre-mature to call Howard injury prone. He had one injured season, but before that he was iron man.
Agree with both points but we'd be trading you Bogut as well. Who when healthy can have a very similar effect. With such a young team no need to break it up just yet.

fredv
05-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Trolling at its finest.

Glad you guys can win a debate about a jersey color that changes every 5 years to make sure people do still buy jerseys!
Sorry for killing your high on the Dwight matter, I just happen to know. 8 hours of relevance in the media, now back to the shadows and giving out keys!
The Warriors are finally going into the right direction yet their fans still have ways to go, such a shame.

Green_Monster
05-23-2013, 07:02 PM

:laugh2:

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Trolling at its finest.

Glad you guys can win a debate about a jersey color that changes every 5 years to make sure people do still buy jerseys!
Sorry for killing your high on the Dwight matter, I just happen to know. 8 hours of relevance in the media, now back to the shadows and giving out keys!
The Warriors are finally going into the right direction yet their fans still have ways to go, such a shame.

Trolling? Really just cause we disagree on what color you called our jersey. Hahah. I don't think one warrior fan in here stated that Howard was going to the warriors. In fact we've all stated that we had no interest and would rather let this young team grow. If anything your trolling for talking ish about curry getting the key to the city. But it's whatever.

fredv
05-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Trolling? Really just cause we disagree on what color you called our jersey. Hahah. I don't think one warrior fan in here stated that Howard was going to the warriors. In fact we've all stated that we had no interest and would rather let this young team grow. If anything your trolling for talking ish about curry getting the key to the city. But it's whatever.

Didn't know stating the exact color palette was important for you guys. Must really not have much to look forward to then..

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Agree with both points but we'd be trading you Bogut as well. Who when healthy can have a very similar effect. With such a young team no need to break it up just yet.

That's a big IF. You're worried about Dwight being injury prone, Bogut is a much bigger ?

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 07:30 PM
That's a big IF. You're worried about Dwight being injury prone, Bogut is a much bigger ?

I don't consider Dwight injury prone but back injuries can be bad news for bigs. Bogut is more injury prone of the two but he had two bad accidents that were kinda freak accidents. Although it was an ankle injury which is equally bad for bigs. It is a big if but he is healthy now and if he maintains it we will be very dangerous with lee back and Klay and Barnes another year older.

R. Johnson#3
05-23-2013, 07:32 PM
For the love of God! NO! Biedrins and Jefferson are off the books after next season! Golden State will be able to upgrade without breaking the team up! I would hate to see any of the key components of this team leave.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Didn't know stating the exact color palette was important for you guys. Must really not have much to look forward to then..

It's not thats its uber important but you where wrong so I politely corrected you. I love that you try and point a finger at warrior fans as trolling you while you run your mouth at the same time. The warriors have a lot to look forward too. We're a young team that made a great playoff run without one of our best players. Our young team got a lot of great experience in the playoffs this year and will only improve. Go troll elsewhere adults are having conversations.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 07:37 PM
For the love of God! NO! Biedrins and Jefferson are off the books after next season! Golden State will be able to upgrade without breaking the team up! I would hate to see any of the key components of this team leave.

That money will go to resigning our young players tho

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 07:38 PM

What would he have to gain by leaking this as a smokescreen? He's already gonna get max money.

Mr.SmackYoMama
05-23-2013, 07:40 PM

Talk about TROLLING LMFAO! I don't think you bursted anyones bubble on DH12 and debating the color is just to show you that you don't know $hyt my daughters 3 and she knows what baby blue looks like LOL. And if I remember you are the one who posted a pic saying....It doesnt get much more baby blue than that so i guess it must have been important to you :0)

P.S. Look at the 1st round of the playoffs the team that lost was baby blue!

hornetsfansydne
05-23-2013, 07:48 PM
For the people saying sign and trade, I thought it was impossible for the Lakers to do a sign and trade under the new CBA as they are over the luxury tax (or salary cap, can't remember which it is)?

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I don't consider Dwight injury prone but back injuries can be bad news for bigs. Bogut is more injury prone of the two but he had two bad accidents that were kinda freak accidents. Although it was an ankle injury which is equally bad for bigs. It is a big if but he is healthy now and if he maintains it we will be very dangerous with lee back and Klay and Barnes another year older.

Oh sorry that was ThaDubs that said Dwight was injury prone. I don't know I think if you only have to give up Barnes or Thompson for Dwight then you do it. Dwight > Bogut in every aspect of the game except FT shooting.

Lake_Show2416
05-23-2013, 07:53 PM
the color is called Royal Blue & i dont see this happening, Warriors dont have much cap room & would have to send back a poor contract & i cant see the Lakers taking any dead contracts on their pay roll

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
For the people saying sign and trade, I thought it was impossible for the Lakers to do a sign and trade under the new CBA as they are over the luxury tax (or salary cap, can't remember which it is)?

They are over what is called the luxury tax "apron" of approximately $74 mil, and this just means they can't receive a player in a sign-and-trade, but they can send one out.

hornetsfansydne
05-23-2013, 07:58 PM
They are over what is called the luxury tax "apron" of approximately $74 mil, and this just means they can't receive a player in a sign-and-trade, but they can send one out.

Awesome thanks, thought they were completely unable to S&T but this makes more sense.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Oh sorry that was ThaDubs that said Dwight was injury prone. I don't know I think if you only have to give up Barnes or Thompson for Dwight then you do it. Dwight > Bogut in every aspect of the game except FT shooting.

No worries. It would prob be Barnes cause we'd want a 3pt shooter as good as Klay if we got Dwight. As far as Dwight better at everything other that FT shooting I disagree. Bogut has a better offensive skill set and is a much better passer than Dwight. The difference in defense is not so great. Don't me wrong he is the best player involved in the deal and we'd have to consider it. But as of now I don't think I'd do it.

justinnum1
05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
curry
klay
barnes
lee
dwight(at full health)

is probably the best team in the west. Damn that would be a scary scary lineup.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 08:07 PM
curry
klay
barnes
lee
dwight(at full health)

is probably the best team in the west. Damn that would be a scary scary lineup.

I doubt we could get him for just Bogut and a 1st tho

IKnowHoops
05-23-2013, 08:15 PM
If I was howard, thats where I would go. If the warriors can trade bogut and someone not named Barnes, thompson, curry, or Lee, they would have arguably the best starting 5 in basketball. Barnes is up and coming and has the chance to be a top sf in the league in a few years. That team would be hard to beat right away. A year after the trade, I would say best in the west.

PraiseJesus
05-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Dwight would ruin everything positive happening in GS

bleedprple&gold
05-23-2013, 08:25 PM
No worries. It would prob be Barnes cause we'd want a 3pt shooter as good as Klay if we got Dwight. As far as Dwight better at everything other that FT shooting I disagree. Bogut has a better offensive skill set and is a much better passer than Dwight. The difference in defense is not so great. Don't me wrong he is the best player involved in the deal and we'd have to consider it. But as of now I don't think I'd do it.

I haven't watch Bogut play too much but he showed very little offensive game in the playoffs (maybe because he was still not healthy?) but regardless Dwight has average more PPG every year than Bogut. Dwight doesn't have a great offensive game, but I have little reason to believe Bogut's is much better. Better passer, ok I'll give you that.

BenFrank
05-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Since money is always a factor, I want to point out, Howard would make more money with the Rockets and Lakers, playing with the warriors it's a 4 years contract with all the tax's California take out

lol, please
05-23-2013, 08:49 PM
I love it. I was calling this with almost absolute certainty during the playoffs and got laughed at. Hows that sounding now? Don't worry, i'm used to having the last, and therefore the longest :laugh2:

3RDASYSTEM
05-23-2013, 09:09 PM
That would be a nice addition for GSTATE

CURRY with D12 is a nice combo to build on, they would make a Finals run or two in a 5yr span with MJAX at the helm

Sly Guy
05-23-2013, 09:31 PM

This would be the key to going in on howard if I'm the warriors too. That, and not giving up too much in the way of sign&trade.

COOLbeans
05-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Bogut and Barnes or Bogut and Klay for Howard would benefit both teams if Howard wants to leave L.A.

His first year in Los Angeles has not been a good experience for him to say the least. The Warriors and Rockets present him with the optimal chance to succeed long term.

The Bay Area is a large sports market but the press is hardly as critical and overbearing as they are in Los Angeles. I live in L.A. and grew up in the bay and there is a huge difference.

But other than Hollywood the bay presents Howard with all of the same amenities as Los Angeles, living in a large market/city. That's what Houston can't offer.

DillyDill
05-23-2013, 10:13 PM
I swear on God and this is coming from a laker fan , if GS can somehow get Superman it really is a hand and glove fit. Name me one team that has more pure shooters to surround him with??

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 10:31 PM
I haven't watch Bogut play too much but he showed very little offensive game in the playoffs (maybe because he was still not healthy?) but regardless Dwight has average more PPG every year than Bogut. Dwight doesn't have a great offensive game, but I have little reason to believe Bogut's is much better. Better passer, ok I'll give you that.
Yea he still isnt healthy and coming off a long break but its mostly cause Bogut wasn't asked to do anything other than enforce the paint. Dwight will average more cause he is asked to score more and is by and far more athletic. Which means points on the fast break and dunks. Bogut while not great offensively has a couple post moves he can use. I also never said much better offensive game but I do give him the edge because he actually has at least one post move and is a much better passer.

TrueFan420
05-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Bogut and Barnes or Bogut and Klay for Howard would benefit both teams if Howard wants to leave L.A.

His first year in Los Angeles has not been a good experience for him to say the least. The Warriors and Rockets present him with the optimal chance to succeed long term.

The Bay Area is a large sports market but the press is hardly as critical and overbearing as they are in Los Angeles. I live in L.A. and grew up in the bay and there is a huge difference.

But other than Hollywood the bay presents Howard with all of the same amenities as Los Angeles, living in a large market/city. That's what Houston can't offer.
It would be a good fit and prob the first cause if Dwight was gonna be a warrior I'd rather Klay taken 3s than Barnes. But I just don't see the warriors wanting to give up on the team just yet.

tr3ymill3r
05-23-2013, 10:36 PM
He's also considering Sacramento, LA, Phoenix, San Antonio, Memphis, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Olympiacos, the Toon Squad, Harlem Globe Trotters, Washington Generals, request to go to college since he opted out, Terror Squad, Saint Vincent Saint Marys, Cleveland, Orlando, Arsenal and Real Madrid.

lol, please
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM

As much as I want Barnes to stay, I agree with this.