PDA

View Full Version : Is there anybody in the new age soft NBA that could handle an Oakley forearm?

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Lets be real, the league has gone soft. Players just aren't as physical now a days and can't handle the physicality. I'd LOVE to see how these modern day "stars" would response to a Charles Oakley forearm to the chest, or a good old fashion Bill Laimbeer check. Honestly, who in the league could handle these tough guys?

ChitownBears22
05-21-2013, 07:15 PM
The players aren't softer, the game got softer. I am sure if the requirement was there these players could hang.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Oakley and Laimbeer would have been banned from the league already. I mean this type of **** (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bM-Y4UoiAY) wasn't even a Flagrant 1.

I do agree with the guy above me though, players are soft because the league is soft. Their softness is a product of the league we play in today. Players would adapt and toughen up if the league called for it. League rewards softness and the players follow suit.

GiantsSwaGG
05-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Charles Oakley would of beaten the **** out of LeBron and Brook lopez

ManRam
05-21-2013, 07:35 PM
The players aren't softer, the game got softer. I am sure if the requirement was there these players could hang.

exactly.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Players are always going to adapt to the way the game is called. Thats how Stern can manipulate the direction the league goes in. He wanted to clean up hard fouls, he started calling every hard foul a flagrant, started handing out fines, giving suspensions etc.

Its the same reason on the flip side you see guys like Harden and Tony Parker drive the lane as hard as they can with no intention of making a basketball play, find a body to jump into, flop your arms and flail the ball over the side of your head and get rewarded two freebies. They play the quick whistle of today's NBA to get to the FT line at all costs because the league has made that the most efficient way to play. Its a shame and its why you don't see any good shooters from all over the floor anymore. Great midrange off-the-dribble shooting doesn't exist because its not as efficient as barreling the lane looking for contact. Its a 3-ball and drive league, nobody operates in the middle anymore.

RLundi
05-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Reggie Evans.

He'd counter that with a swift tug of Oakley's shaft. Bet that'd be the last time Oakley pulled that.

Tony_Starks
05-21-2013, 07:56 PM
K Mart
Reggie Evans
Captain Jack
David West
Matt Barnes
Metta World Peace
ZBo
Larry Sanders

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Charles Oakley would of beaten the **** out of LeBron and Brook lopez

This.

dalton749
05-21-2013, 08:18 PM
jonas valanciunas

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 08:19 PM
The league is actually tougher nowadays. You may not see the hard fouls, but the days of a wide open paint are long gone.

Jint.
05-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Z Bo

QueensG_718
05-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Z bo would adjust pretty nicely to physical play

MrfadeawayJB
05-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Of all the superstars I think LeBron has the physical abilities to adjust

Max.This
05-21-2013, 09:08 PM
The league is actually tougher nowadays. You may not see the hard fouls, but the days of a wide open paint are long gone.

bro... hand checking is a foul. Stop with that its tougher now talk. Have you seen the flagrant 1 fouls now a days? Do you see the common fouls that get some players riled up cause they thought they just got hit by a freight train. The overreaction by some players getting brushed is ridiculous.

Max.This
05-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Of all the superstars I think LeBron has the physical abilities to adjust

blowing on that dude knocks him over. He has the physical attributes though

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 09:14 PM
bro... hand checking is a foul. Stop with that its tougher now talk. Have you seen the flagrant 1 fouls now a days? Do you see the common fouls that get some players riled up cause they thought they just got hit by a freight train. The overreaction by some players getting brushed is ridiculous.

I used to think that way, but its tougher now. Sure there were hard fouls back in the day, but the paint was wide open, teams played at breaknecking speeds that would never be allowed now, and simply put, the play is more physical, possession by possession, today. People confuse hard hits occasionally for being tougher, versus the modern league with the pure physicality on every possession. One of the reasons defenses are better now.

R. Johnson#3
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Tim Duncan

BKLYNpigeon
05-21-2013, 09:47 PM
The game changed and the rules changed.

so the players changed...

SportsFanatic10
05-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Reggie Evans.

He'd counter that with a swift tug of Oakley's shaft. Bet that'd be the last time Oakley pulled that.

:laugh: