PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone think Lebron is so good at 1v1??

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't get it, seriously what makes him so unbeatable 1v1?
That's not even remotely close to what makes him so good, he's not even that dominant of an isolation player. Which is what 1v1 IS.

He doesn't have a dominant post up game
He doesn't have a Jordan's turn around fade-aways from post ups
He doesnt have ankle breaker crossovers
He doesn't have as good of ability to create space on his shot as others.
He doesn't have Jordan/McGrady/Kobe ability to contort his body to change his shot..

I mean come on. His size/rebounding for his position, court vision, athleticism, defense, also a good passer is what makes him so great not his 1v1 ability.

give me a break go read through the Jordan/Lebron debate thread posted today

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 03:46 PM
probably cause he can handle the ball like a PG, shoot jumpers, and there is nothing someone as quick as him can do from stopping him from blowing straight through them...

blahblahyoutoo
05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
speed, power and athleticism (for taking hits and still finishing, and defense).
these apply to 1v1 just as much as team games.

when he's backing you down, there's nothing you can do except try to pull the chair from under him. when he's going to the layup/dunk, he can absorb contact and still finish.
with his leaping ability, you can blow by him and he'll still be a threat to block your shot.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 03:52 PM
idk who is going to able to stay infront of him, the only ones who can are the short guys he is able to shoot right over.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Because you can't stop someone who is quicker, stronger, and has practically no weaknesses. I'm sorry but what is this "will" you're talking about? He can't will himself to bench press 500 lbs anymore than he can will himself to stopping LeBron James.

ztilzer31
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
^

Also he has amazing conditioning, and plays great defense...

You say he doesn't have a dominant post game yet what player with his speed and athleticism can defend him on the post? Put a guy too big, and he'll blow past them. Put someone to small, and he'll post them up.

He still has a jumper. By no means is it the best, but it's good enough to demand respect against taller players that try to cheat toward the basket.

b@llhog24
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Isolation plays make up roughly 25% of Bron's offense, and he's ranked as the 8th best Isolation player by Synergy. Postup make up about 12% and he's comes in at 20th. He holds opponents to 38% and 28% from the field in both situations respectively.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM
That's not even remotely close to what makes him so good, he's not even that dominant of an isolation player. Which is what 1v1 IS.

He doesn't have Jordan/McGrady/Kobe ability to contort his body to change his shot..

I mean come on. His size/rebounding for his position, court vision, athleticism, defense, also a good passer is what makes him so great not his 1v1 ability.

Great post.
This site is filled with Lebron groupies. Lebron is the best at everything to these guys.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 04:06 PM
probably cause he can handle the ball like a PG, shoot jumpers, and there is nothing someone as quick as him can do from stopping him from blowing straight through them...

And right on Q here comes Hawk to defend him. Jordan, Kobe and many others would beat Lebron down 1V1.

NYKnickFanatic
Why is he so good at 1on1?

Two words: LeBron James.

DUHH.

mngopher35
Combination of size, quickness, speed and strength. Then add to that he has great handles for his size and is an excellent defender. The reason people think he would beat some of these players is he can match up defensively while they can't compete with his size/strength down low. I don't really care to say one person is better than another 1v1 because we really just don't know. I think the things I listed above give Lebron a very reasonable chance against some of the 2 guards (Jordan, Kobe) being mentioned.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 04:07 PM
do you know what 1v1 is tho? You don't start from half court, you dont get picks. Its all off the dribble or post up

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:08 PM
And right on Q here comes Hawk to defend him. Jordan, Kobe and many others would beat Lebron down 1V1.

*right on cue

and lamo at kobe beating lebron 1 on 1 lmaofoeormcf!@!!!!!!!!!

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2013, 04:08 PM
do you know what 1v1 is tho? You don't start from half court, you dont get picks. Its all off the dribble

Nah, what's 1v1? Never played a game of that in my life.

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2013, 04:09 PM
DUPE

l

NYKnickFanatic
*right on cue

lmao* :)

ThuglifeJ
Because you can't stop someone who is quicker, stronger, and has practically no weaknesses. I'm sorry but what is this "will" you're talking about? He can't will himself to bench press 500 lbs anymore than he can will himself to stopping LeBron James.

the ****? no one said anything about ''will''. you delusional bud?

IKnowHoops
05-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Because most of the time when he scores, its 1 on 3, so 1 on 1 would be like no one is even there.

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Great post.
This site is filled with Lebron groupies. Lebron is the best at everything to these guys.

and do you really think this site, and this nation, isn't filled with Kobe groupies? Cmon man, you spend every waking moment on PSD trying to discredit LeBron. At some point, later in life, when you are older, you are going to regret that you didn't just enjoy watching an all time great, instead picking apart every portion of his game.

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2013, 04:11 PM

Honestly, LeBron is the greatest player to ever play the game, so I doubt it.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
do you know what 1v1 is tho? You don't start from half court, you dont get picks. Its all off the dribble

also no one guarding the rim, on doubling teaming. how are you going to stop this 260 pound man with speed and handles of a pg?

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Well, we have to take into consideration who NBA wants to win. I mean if you think the calls regarding anything with LeBron was horrible, MJ literally couldn't be touched when it came to basketball. Remember when MJ hit Reggie and then Reggie got ejected but MJ didn't? Even Magic joked around that they shouldn't get too close to MJ during a photo session at the Olympics. MJ was the golden boy to NBA's success. NBA's future was dependent on making MJ make them look good.

TrueFan420
05-21-2013, 04:13 PM

I love how in your picture it says stats not done yet by bron but you don't include Jordan or Kobe stats past 28. For your comparison his stats are done the second he isn't 28. Now if you added all time for the other two then you could include stats not done yet next to bron. But Kobe might not be done yet, I think he is, so you'd have to include stats not done yet as well.

OceanSpray
the ****? no one said anything about ''will''. you delusional bud?

Oh, trust me. There are a lot of Jordan and Kobe fanboys who will use "killer instinct" and "will" as their only response.

bucketss
lmao* :)

illusionists post was very blasphemous i couldn't type properly.

sammyvine
this is turning into a heat vs lakers thing

ManRam
05-21-2013, 04:14 PM

1. he's pretty good at at
2. who does?
3. OK...that's one move
4. don't know about this

the handles of a PG + the size of a PF + the ability to make shots from anywhere on the court

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:15 PM
I love how in your picture it says stats not done yet by bron but you don't include Jordan or Kobe stats past 28. For your comparison his stats are done the second he isn't 28. Now if you added all time for the other two then you could include stats not done yet next to bron. But Kobe might not be done yet, I think he is, so you'd have to include stats not done yet as well.

Are you an idiot? Those are their stats before they turned age 29. Kobe isn't done being 28 and under? Lmao, this officially proves you're a cretin.

NYKnickFanatic
illusionists post was very blasphemous i couldn't type properly.

I love you.

Hawkeye15

where did I mention any other player? I am stating why I think LeBron is a good 1-1 player.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Oh, trust me. There are a lot of Jordan and Kobe fanboys who will use "killer instinct" and "will" as their only response.

kind of sad when jordan fans use it considering how great jordan was, kobe fans you can expect it since kobe is overrated and he needs those kind of arguments to even stay in the discussions with most greats.

ManRam
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
i don't know really, nor do i care, who would win a 1-on-1 battle between MJ, kobe and LeBron. there are good arguments for all of them. but i've never seen the obsession with it. what does it matter?

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 04:17 PM
also no one guarding the rim, on doubling teaming. how are you going to stop this 260 pound man with speed and handles of a pg?

He can take care of the ball, pass like a PG but he doesn't have handles like a PG. I ****ing hate when ppl say that. Do you guys ever watch CP3? Iverson? Lebron doesn't have that ability my god no..and that's a something that absolutely would be critical in 1v1. Kobe/Tmac could handle like a PG tho..

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 04:17 PM
i don't know really, nor do i care, who would win a 1-on-1 battle between MJ, kobe and LeBron. there are good arguments for all of them. but i've never seen the obsession with it. what does it matter?

It doesn't. At all.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Where was Jordan's will against the Pistons? Where was this will and killer instinct before Pippen arrived? Lmao, the nostalgia is hitting these kids like shrooms. I guess some people scoop this low when they can't think of anything.

ThuglifeJ
Well, we have to take into consideration who NBA wants to win. I mean if you think the calls regarding anything with LeBron was horrible, MJ literally couldn't be touched when it came to basketball. Remember when MJ hit Reggie and then Reggie got ejected but MJ didn't? Even Magic joked around that they shouldn't get too close to MJ during a photo session at the Olympics. MJ was the golden boy to NBA's success. NBA's future was dependent on making MJ make them look good.

god coming from a Heat fan that is sickening. Wade got the most calls in a finals I've EVER seen when Shaq was there. That was even worse than MJ calls that was pathetic. Lebron gets suprestar calls anytime he drives as well. Dont kid urself because u just watched those videos

Matter.
where did I mention any other player? I am stating why I think LeBron is a good 1-1 player.

You ALWAYS discredit Kobe.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2013, 04:19 PM

I guess teams that keep there defenses ready to triple team Lebron are doing it wrong. Maybe they would have much more success if they just left there guy out on an Island to deal with Lebron 1 on 1. What are those coaches thinking not playing James 1 on 1 to stop him easier.

Matter.
You push him down Like Nazr Mohammed did

ThuglifeJ
Where was Jordan's will against the Pistons? Where was this will and killer instinct before Pippen arrived? Lmao, the nostalgia is hitting these kids like shrooms. I guess some people scoop this low when they can't think of anything.

where was Lebron's will when he got swept in finals? When he left Cleveland and quit against Boston? When he choked in the 4th against Dallas?

****ing horrible posters on this site

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
He can take care of the ball, pass like a PG but he doesn't have handles like a PG. I ****ing hate when ppl say that. Do you guys ever watch CP3? Iverson? Lebron doesn't have that ability my god no..and that's a something that absolutely would be critical in 1v1. Kobe/Tmac could handle like a PG tho..

Lmao, LeBron has handled the PG position for Miami and Cleveland 80% of the time, what are you talking about? And what handles are you talking about? Jamal Crawford has better handles than Kobe, what does that even prove? Oh lawd, you just brought T-Mac into this conversation against LeBron? LMAO!

ewing
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I haven't been to this part of the site in a while. What's with all these Thugs?

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
where was Lebron's will when he got swept in finals? When he left Cleveland and quit against Boston? When he choked in the 4th against Dallas?

Good one, except no one ever mentions LeBron's "will", only Kobe's and Jordan's. Maybe you should stop posting because after that idiotic statement regarding my sig, you're just making a mockery out of yourself.

ManRam
05-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I haven't been to this part of the site in a while. What's with all these Thugs?

the internets are tough, yo. we got tough guys!

NYKnickFanatic

It proves who is the greatest player, duhhhhh.

Matter.
Good one, except no one ever mentions LeBron's "will", only Kobe's and Jordan's. Maybe you should stop posting because after that idiotic statement regarding my sig, you're just making a mockery out of yourself.

Hey Mr.SmartGuy why don't you post how many minutes each player played until the age of 29. :)

ThuglifeJ

ESPN goes nuts with this. Same with poster's on this site. You always see it thrown out there. "MJ has more titles, but Id have to say no one cant beat Lebron 1v1'' or something like that.

and no, it doesnt matter.

ewing
05-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Its kind of scary around here. Seems like the neighborhood is really going south

NYKnickFanatic

the internets are tough, yo. we got tough guys!

ManRam
It proves who is the greatest player, duhhhhh.

i think some people genuinely think this :laugh2:

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:24 PM

im sorry kobe does not have better handles than lebron, lebron does handle the ball like a pg, it obviously isn't as good as cp3/iverson. we're talking about the greatest ball handlers of all time. btw you saying kobe has the ability to handle like iverson/cp3????

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey Mr.SmartGuy why don't you post how many minutes each player played until the age of 29. :)

What's your point? MJ had the benefits of playing college ball and expanding his skill. LeBron came in at 18 and hasn't missed a heartbeat. That's a testament of how good LeBron James is. I don't care about the head start... The dude was 18 and hasn't had one bad season.

ChitownSports16
05-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Curry James on 1v1

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Curry James on 1v1

Nate > Curry on 1v1.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
You push him down Like Nazr Mohammed did

than he will put his hands on you and we all know there is no competition there.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Curry James on 1v1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Not exaggerating even a little bit, but Lebron would score every time.

TrueFan420
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Are you an idiot? Those are their stats before they turned age 29. Kobe isn't done being 28 and under? Lmao, this officially proves you're a cretin.

And clearly your a child because the first thing you want to do is jump to name calling. No **** their done with being 28 I didn't say that they were not. you insinuate that his stats are not done for under 28 but for the reg season they are. Playoffs however they are still growing but my point was if you include an extra row for all time then you could have the stats not done part next to bron.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Curry James on 1v1

lmao!! thats if curry even has a chance to touch the ball

TrueFan420
05-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Curry James on 1v1
Come on now just stop it. I love curry and am a massive warriors fan but that's just ridiculous.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:37 PM
And clearly your a child because the first thing you want to do is jump to name calling. No **** their done with being 28 I didn't say that they were not. you insinuate that his stats are not done for under 28 but for the reg season they are. Playoffs however they are still growing but my point was if you include an extra row for all time then you could have the stats not done part next to bron.

well lebrons birthday is december 30 so he plays for 2 months in the reg. season before he turns 29.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 04:39 PM
*right on cue

Am I supposed to write cue instead of Q to please you? HA!

Prime Kobe would wipe the floor with Lebron.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:39 PM

What? You insisted that Kobe's stats aren't done for the regular season because he is still playing. However, this isn't comparing Kobe's career with LeBron's. It's comparing their achievements from when their career began to before they hit 29.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Am I supposed to write cue instead of Q to please you? HA!

Prime Kobe would wipe the floor with Lebron.

Yeah, his will and killer instinct basically means he's God.

TrueFan420
05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
What? You insisted that Kobe's stats aren't done for the regular season because he is still playing. However, this isn't comparing Kobe's career with LeBron's. It's comparing their achievements from when their career began to before they hit 29.
No I stated that if you add the extra row for all time then you'd have to leave a stats not done next to Kobe as well if he makes a come back next year, which I highly doubt.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
and do you really think this site, and this nation, isn't filled with Kobe groupies? Cmon man, you spend every waking moment on PSD trying to discredit LeBron. At some point, later in life, when you are older, you are going to regret that you didn't just enjoy watching an all time great, instead picking apart every portion of his game.

Well wouldn't it be the same for you and your buddies? It's a two way street bro.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:43 PM

yup his "will" to win is unmatched!!... and remember kobe just has "it" what ever that "it" is that man has it!!

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 04:43 PM
You ALWAYS discredit Kobe.

haha, how am I discrediting anyone with my posts here?

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Well wouldn't it be the same for you and your buddies? It's a two way street bro.

See, I don't have the same problem. I actually do respect Kobe, and have enjoyed watching him play. I just fairly evaluate him, without making the idiotic statements with nothing to back it up.

But whatevs

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh, well I thought we were in the Lebron Vs ______ debate 1V1.

That's makes no sense. Kobes main game is 1v1. Lebron would get ripped in half by a prime Kobe 1v1

bucketss
05-21-2013, 04:49 PM

That's makes no sense. Kobes main game is 1v1. Lebron would get ripped in half by a prime Kobe 1v1

yeah he would kill him in a cool moves contest.. OMG look at kobes fancy fadeaway!

Slug3
05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
So has anyone here actually seen Lebron, Kobe, Jorda , etc play one on one and have video of all this? And I mean them playing serious.

I doubt it, so everyone just shut up about it already.

natelpete
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM

Well, I'm laughing, and not with you.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
yeah he would kill him in a cool moves contest.. OMG look at kobes fancy fadeaway!

"Swish"

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
haha, how am I discrediting anyone with my posts here?

Not here, but in general. You are accusing me of something you're guilty of as well. :)

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 05:00 PM

Your grammar and spelling makes no sense. Just because he can beat Bow Wow doesn't mean he's really good at it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
See, I don't have the same problem. I actually do respect Kobe, and have enjoyed watching him play. I just fairly evaluate him, without making the idiotic statements with nothing to back it up.

But whatevs

Oh stop Hawk. We both know your compliments of Kobe as followed by a backhand. At least you keep it civil while doing it. You're a ninja in your tactics and I give you props for them.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM

What fadeaway? Are you talking about the one that he makes 1/5 times?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Your grammar and spelling makes no sense. Just because he can beat Bow Wow doesn't mean he's really good at it.

There are about 5-10 guys that would beat Lebron in a 1v1 match. Lebron is not god dude.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh stop Hawk. We both know your compliments of Kobe as followed by a backhand. At least you keep it civil while doing it. You're a ninja in your tactics and I give you props for them.

Hawk gave me an infraction but he's never biased. He's a fan of the game and because of that, he appreciates LeBron's talent over Kobe's. That's not a discredit to Kobe, it's just a fact.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
There are about 5-10 guys that would beat Lebron in a 1v1 match. Lebron is not god dude.

When did I treat LeBron like God? I'm just stating that his physical attributes will give him a huge edge. You can't make jumpshots in a one on one game and expect to win. LeBron is quicker, stronger, and taller than Jordan/Kobe. All LeBron has to do is drive in and dunk on them. This 1v1 talk is pointless because no one can stop LeBron from charging at them to the paint. LeBron on the other hand can.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
When did I treat LeBron like God? I'm just stating that his physical attributes will give him a huge edge. You can't make jumpshots in a one on one game and expect to win. LeBron is quicker, stronger, and taller than Jordan/Kobe. All LeBron has to do is drive in and dunk on them. This 1v1 talk is pointless because no one can stop LeBron from charging at them to the paint. LeBron on the other hand can.

:facepalm: You must be 16. Lebron driving to the hole and dunking on a prime Jordan? Lebron Locking down a prime Kobe/Jordan??? God you kids make me sick.

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 05:12 PM
:laugh2: mods need to change illusionist's avatar to bozo the clown. It would be more fitting for him.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 05:16 PM
What fadeaway? Are you talking about the one that he makes 1/5 times?

yeah, but it looks cool ... lol

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 05:17 PM
yeah, but it looks cool ... lol

If you're a wing player, you don't have a post game unless you have a sweet looking fadeaway :laugh:

lakerfan85
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM

It matters to the 12 year olds that visit this site daily..

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 05:28 PM
:laugh2: mods need to change illusionist's avatar to bozo the clown. It would be more fitting for him.

They need to change yours to DNEWGUYS old one. The only clown I see is the one who lost an account bet vs me and still post with no honor or self pride. How is your everyday life? It must be depressing.

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Not here, but in general. You are accusing me of something you're guilty of as well. :)

Not even similar dude. I actually give reasons for my evaluations of Kobe. Or used to quite a bit more. You give nothing but blank statements with no evidence. Don't you get tired of that?

I think I may just be done responding to you.

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Hawk gave me an infraction but he's never biased. He's a fan of the game and because of that, he appreciates LeBron's talent over Kobe's. That's not a discredit to Kobe, it's just a fact.

Its not even that. I personally feel LeBron is the better player when all is said and done, and there is tons of evidence to back that opinion. I think Kobe is polarizing, a top 10 player ever because of his longevity, but is overrated by modern media (they are catching up finally), and Kobe's fans himself. As well as mainstream fans, though they seem to be catching up as well. 3 years ago, people laughed when I told them Bron would pass Kobe. Now any joe schmo on the street shakes their head yes.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 06:01 PM
They need to change yours to DNEWGUYS old one. The only clown I see is the one who lost an account bet vs me and still post with no honor or self pride. How is your everyday life? It must be depressing.

lol .. wasn't dnewguy gone by the time you created an account.

SportsFanatic10
05-21-2013, 06:03 PM

actually he has all those things except the ankle breaking crossover but he can get to the rim and that's all that matters. plus his defense is great, good thread though lol.

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 06:06 PM

BUSTED! Pretty funny he has such beef with dnewguy and knows him so well, even though he was banned right when illusionist got here. In fact, check out who had the biggest problem with dnewguy, and who the last person was to get into it with him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?788542-Phil-Jackson-on-Lakers-No-Bueno&p=24754532#post24754532

KBPAUDH-2012. Coincidence? I think we found illusionists real identity LOL

SportsFanatic10
05-21-2013, 06:11 PM

lol...welcome back to the mean threads of PSD, gotta watch yourself it's a bad neighborhood!

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Its not even that. I personally feel LeBron is the better player when all is said and done, and there is tons of evidence to back that opinion. I think Kobe is polarizing, a top 10 player ever because of his longevity, but is overrated by modern media (they are catching up finally), and Kobe's fans himself. As well as mainstream fans, though they seem to be catching up as well. 3 years ago, people laughed when I told them Bron would pass Kobe. Now any joe schmo on the street shakes their head yes.

If Kobe was overrated by the Media, what does that make Lebron? Everyone has short memories. Lebron was a failure. He couldn't win jack **** for years. Lebron is a two time Bronze medalist :facepalm:.Everybody lives for "now". Lebron wins one ring and everyone wants to bow down to him because he took a pay cut to join two other superstars who also took pay cuts to add in even more stars. God the Heat make me sick. They ruined the game of basketball forever.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 06:15 PM

The myths of the Dnewguy/Elhidalgo combo will never be forgotten.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
BUSTED! Pretty funny he has such beef with dnewguy and knows him so well, even though he was banned right when illusionist got here. In fact, check out who had the biggest problem with dnewguy, and who the last person was to get into it with him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?788542-Phil-Jackson-on-Lakers-No-Bueno&p=24754532#post24754532

You're a real life inspector gadget aren't you:laugh: :facepalm:

Jarvo
05-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok we might as well say NO ONE COULD EVER BEAT JORDAN IN A ONE OF ONE GAME! If you really don't think Lebron can beat Jordan in a game of one on one jump off a bridge.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 06:21 PM
The myths of the Dnewguy/Elhidalgo combo will never be forgotten.

lol@myths get a life bro.

Matter.
05-21-2013, 06:30 PM
What's your point? MJ had the benefits of playing college ball and expanding his skill. LeBron came in at 18 and hasn't missed a heartbeat. That's a testament of how good LeBron James is. I don't care about the head start... The dude was 18 and hasn't had one bad season.

Idiot, I was speaking of Kobe and Lebron... You missed my point.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 06:37 PM

i do remember kb-pau use to get owned in threads because he was unable to to present logical arguments, he would atleast try though but would usually contradict himself couple posts later LOL. Not surprising he would play the role of cosigher in this new "illusionist" account.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
i do remember kb-pau use to get owned in threads because he was unable to to present logical arguments, he would atleast try though but would usually contradict himself couple posts later LOL. Not surprising he would play the role of cosigher in this new "illusionist" account.

:laugh2: Do you do drugs Buckets? I have yet to see you win a debate. I'm sure KB beat you down in debates just as I and many others do. It's nap time for you.

dalton749
05-21-2013, 06:58 PM
scottie pippen even said lebron would beat mj.
lebrons even a better shooter than mj to go along with his size advantage

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
im sorry kobe does not have better handles than lebron, lebron does handle the ball like a pg, it obviously isn't as good as cp3/iverson. we're talking about the greatest ball handlers of all time. btw you saying kobe has the ability to handle like iverson/cp3????

Dude I bet you never even saw Iverson play and CLEARLY you never saw a young Kobe play. 8 Kobe had one of the best crossovers, he has the best footwork, can make a shot out of anything,

personally I think footwork, ability to hit difficult shots, and post game are all the most important with how good you are 1v1 vs someone besides the obvious height/athleticism.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
scottie pippen even said lebron would beat mj.
lebrons even a better shooter than mj to go along with his size advantage

so im the only one who thinks Pippen is just out to piss Jordan off because he was always in Jordan's shadow on the Bulls?

Im the only one that can connect the obvious?

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
His combination of athleticism and power makes him basically unstoppable going to the hole.

amos1er
05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
If Kobe was overrated by the Media, what does that make Lebron? Everyone has short memories. Lebron was a failure. He couldn't win jack **** for years. Lebron is a two time Bronze medalist :facepalm:.Everybody lives for "now". Lebron wins one ring and everyone wants to bow down to him because he took a pay cut to join two other superstars who also took pay cuts to add in even more stars. God the Heat make me sick. They ruined the game of basketball forever.

Exactly!!!

amos1er
05-21-2013, 09:45 PM
:laugh2: Do you do drugs Buckets? I have yet to see you win a debate. I'm sure KB beat you down in debates just as I and many others do. It's nap time for you.

Ya, he is def one of the top Lebron trolls on here. We should do a top ten list of Lebronites on PSD. lol

Purple_n_Gold
05-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Dude why are you constantly sticking up for another man on this site? I think he can talk for himself but you continuously step in like you are his knight in shining armor. Do you have a crush? First it was that he is the best mod on this site now this. Cut it out already man you are really making yourself look pathetic. You don't get brownie points or anything extra for kissing a mods ***.

el hidalgo
Exactly!!!

So now you are nothing more than a mere cosigning cheerleader.
^

bucketss
Dude I bet you never even saw Iverson play and CLEARLY you never saw a young Kobe play. 8 Kobe had one of the best crossovers, he has the best footwork, can make a shot out of anything,

personally I think footwork, ability to hit difficult shots, and post game are all the most important with how good you are 1v1 vs someone besides the obvious height/athleticism.

there is no way kobe and his 200 lbs soaking wet body is beating lebron one on one, i would be surprised if he even gets one rebound in the game. maybe he will stand a chance if its losers ball,

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 09:53 PM

I don't think they ruined the game of basketball forever. That is a strong hyperbole. I mean didn't Shaq join Kobe in LA to make more money and because he was going nowhere in Orlando?

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 09:54 PM
there is no way kobe and his 200 lbs soaking wet body is beating lebron one on one, i would be surprised if he even gets one rebound in the game. maybe he will stand a chance if its losers ball,

When he drives to the basket an NBA ref comes out of nowhere and calls a foul lol

Hawkeye15
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't think they ruined the game of basketball forever. That is a strong hyperbole. I mean didn't Shaq join Kobe in LA to make more money and because he was going nowhere in Orlando?

But they traded for Shaq, therefore he gets a pass. See, its only LeBron that did something wrong. Not any of the players in history who held their team hostage and forced a trade, or any other player in history who left in free agency.

Furthermore, if someone actually believes that LeBron James ruined the game forever, why the hell are they still watching? Go away and watch another sport...

Purple_n_Gold
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM
^
Be yourself man. People will accept you.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uUMmNB58Zig

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 09:59 PM
But they traded for Shaq, therefore he gets a pass. See, its only LeBron that did something wrong. Not any of the players in history who held their team hostage and forced a trade, or any other player in history who left in free agency.

Furthermore, if someone actually believes that LeBron James ruined the game forever, why the hell are they still watching? Go away and watch another sport...

He might as well... Kobe is the only reason he watches the sport and well... you know how that's going.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 10:05 PM

YA BRO ALL BRON BRON HAS TO DO IS HIT TURBO AND THEN DUNK BUTTON!!!

you are so friggin biased and clearly a kid. There's no charging at them to the paint. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE DEFENDER IS GONNA BE SITTING IN THE PAINT

I wish more people saw the details, like Jordan/Kobe footwork to get around/away from a defender 1v1. Lebron doesn't play that type of game hes more train his way and get to the line, or shoot because his defenders sag off. His skill set isn't based off 1v1. Kobe/Jordan type players are. they use craft and skilled moves to score on opponents. It's really simple it's just unfortunate that most the posters (aka heat fans) perceive the game like its NBA Jam

seriously this isnt a fastbreak Lebron is on its a half court offense taking competing at a defender 1v1. Yah he's gonna be elite at that as well, but he doesnt have the skillset that dominates in an isolation. Not at all compared to Jordan/Kobe/etc. Honestly KAJ would win cuz his skyhook is ungaurdable

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 10:10 PM

you are so friggin biased and clearly a kid. There's no charging at them to the paint. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE DEFENDER IS GONNA BE SITTING IN THE PAINT

I wish more people saw the details, like Jordan/Kobe footwork to get around/away from a defender 1v1. Lebron doesn't play that type of game hes more train his way and get to the line, or shoot because his defenders sag off. His skill set isn't based off 1v1. Kobe/Jordan type players are. they use craft and skilled moves to score on opponents. It's really simple it's just unfortunate that most the posters (aka heat fans) perceive the game like its NBA Jam

seriously this isnt a fastbreak Lebron is on its a half court offense taking competing at a defender 1v1. Yah he's gonna be elite at that as well, but he doesnt have the skillset that dominates in an isolation. Not at all compared to Jordan/Kobe/etc. Honestly KAJ would win cuz his skyhook is ungaurdable

He is actually right to be honest. LeBron's athleticism and strength make him extremely difficult to guard. In fact when he's on his game he is normally unstoppable regardless of who's defending him. He's got a real nice jumpshot now too.

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 10:11 PM

As much as I was angry at the time for players basically tampering and stacking teams.. I think a change was needed. It is changed forever, but it always is. I dont like superteams but the NBA was starting to get boring anyway after the ''next jordan'' era wore off and everyone realized, at least me, that it took away from the superstars after Jordan..cuz we just focused on them becoming next Jordan and not who they were

amos1er
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
^

Wow, you really spent the time to dig that one up eh. :pity:

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
LeBron's athleticism and strength make him extremely difficult to guard. In fact when he's on his game he is normally unstoppable regardless of who's defending him. He's got a real nice jumpshot now too.

See, these are all things never said about Jordan. With Jordan you always say he's impossible to guard and his jumpshot is unstoppable. Same with prime Kobe when he's on. Not 'hes developed a real nice jumpshot now'. Yes Bron has developed a nice jumper, but Kobe/Jordan had more than a nice jumpshot, they were top notch in that category.

amos1er
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
When he drives to the basket an NBA ref comes out of nowhere and calls a foul lol

Wow, is that a Lebron fan complaining that other players get preferential treatment from the refs. lulz

bucketss
05-21-2013, 10:18 PM

lol why would he need a pick?? who the hell is quick enough to recover when he blows past you? you see many times during isolation plays defenders packing the paint because they know lebron will fly past his defender.

amos1er
05-21-2013, 10:26 PM
lol why would he need a pick?? who the hell is quick enough to recover when he blows past you? you see many times during isolation plays defenders packing the paint because they know lebron will fly past his defender.

Oh ya...He is also faster than a speeding bullet...More powerful than a locomotive...able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...He is two time bronze medalist LEBRON JAMES!!!

In fact, I one time saw him shoot lazers from his eyes and dunk on the entire team all at once afterwards.

lol

Talk about idol worshiping and metaphorical bj's. :pity:

bucketss
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Oh ya...He is also faster than a speeding bullet...More powerful than a locomotive...able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...He is two time bronze medalist LEBRON JAMES!!!

In fact, I one time saw him shoot lazers from his eyes and dunk on the entire team all at once afterwards.

lol

sadly he will never match up to kobes "will" to win, its definitely unmatched.!!!!one!!!one!!!!!!!

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 10:44 PM
the **** is this lebron blow past everyone ****? Does a prime Kobe/MJ/others not blow by their defenders just as well off the dribble if not better? You think Lebron is the first quick basketball player

omdigga
05-21-2013, 10:47 PM
cause hes a beast.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 10:51 PM
the **** is this lebron blow past everyone ****? Does a prime Kobe/MJ/others not blow by their defenders just as well off the dribble if not better? You think Lebron is the first quick basketball player

most players are either too slow to stay infront of him, or they're are too small/weak to stop him from backing you down, jordan would win because he was just as atheltic and almost as strong, combine with the fact he was more offensively skilled, kobe would get manhandled.

omdigga
05-21-2013, 10:53 PM
i think kobe could take lebron 1 on 1.. it definitely would be close.

KBfrom8to24
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM

Because you can't stop a player who is the most favorite pet of Stern and the Refs...
His defenders surely gets the foul even LBJ made the contact.

bucketss
05-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Because you can't stop a player who is the most favorite pet of Stern and the Refs...

looking at your username im not surprised with this post, #ParanoidKobePhile

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM

lol

Metaphorical bj's!? You would give Kobe a literal bj if you could. And he's right. He finds Battier and Allen in the corner as well as Bosh from mid range so much because sometimes the moment he passes the 3 point line you'll see the rim protector come in to try and stop LeBron. But you know, he's a 2 time bronze medalist which makes his 4 MVP's meaningless.

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 11:35 PM

Kobe averages more FTs per game than him??????

ThuglifeJ
05-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Kobe gets whistles, but Bron gets more definitely. Lebron gets away with a lot of offensive charges that's just a fact you can dig up a good compilation of offensive charges lebron gets away with. I dont think he does it intentionally he just kind of has a habit to stick his arm out or lean into defenders.

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Kobe gets whistles, but Bron gets more definitely. Lebron gets away with a lot of offensive charges that's just a fact you can dig up a good compilation of offensive charges lebron gets away with. I dont think he does it intentionally he just kind of has a habit to stick his arm out or lean into defenders.

LeBron drives more than Kobe but Kobe averages more FTs than him so you make no sense at all.

ThuglifeJ
05-22-2013, 12:10 AM
LeBron drives more than Kobe but Kobe averages more FTs than him so you make no sense at all.
So? that doesnt mean **** unless you can prove that's what decides their calls. Can you provide some better proof then just saying something as general as that. Just because Lebron drives more and Kobe gets more fts DOES NOT mean that he gets more superstar calls

Im not ripping on Lebron but he does get away with a lot of offensive charges.

ThuglifeJ
05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
btw he averaged ONE more FTA per game this season than Lebron. Doesnt decide ****

not to mention the prior two seasons Lebron averaged more

thanks for your input tho dude

ThaDubs
05-22-2013, 12:15 AM
thanks for your input tho dude

No problem

b@llhog24
05-22-2013, 12:22 AM
So? that doesnt mean **** unless you can prove that's what decides their calls. Can you provide some better proof then just saying something as general as that. Just because Lebron drives more and Kobe gets more fts DOES NOT mean that he gets more superstar calls

Im not ripping on Lebron but he does get away with a lot of offensive charges.

Where's your proof?

Sadds The Gr8
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM
I think LBJ would be good 1v1 but not as unstoppable as everyone thinks...

desertlakeshow
05-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Funny discussion.

I have been watching basketball for over 30 years. Lots of good players have come and gone. Many can beat each other 1v1. It is a team sport.

Would Lebron be a ***** to guard for MJ, of course he would. He would be giving up size and strength. Would Lebron be able to guard any of these players effectively 1v1:

Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Robinson
Malone
Walton
Chocolate thunder

Get smaller, story the same.

Iverson
Little nate
Kevin Johnson
Isaih thomas
CP3

I am quite sure either would not shut down Bernard King, or Tracy McGrady. Hell, I am not sure either could shut down Cedrik Ceballos on a hot night or Terry teagle for that matter.

Not sure it matters as they are both great players. If you want to talk about them and there Careers we should at least wait for there Careers to end. Lets see how long that Lebron's light shines this bright in this sport and rank him then.

The best players that I have seen play since the 1970's when I started watching, and in no order (as I could care less).

Dr. j
Kareem
Bird
Shaq
MJ
Kobe
Malone
Timmy
L james
Magic
Worthy

And I am sure many others. They are all good.

Besting each other, not sure it is easy to make a point.

ThuglifeJ
05-22-2013, 12:51 AM
^Not a point guard fan?

kiddin, good post

Teeboy1487
05-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Lebron is a good scorer, but not the best. It's his dominance in rebounding, assists, scoring, defense, and basketball IQ is what makes him so great. His all around game combined with his far superior athleticism and quickness makes him such an unstoppable force.

Lebron is also incredibly meticulous in his scoring as well and is probably the most efficient perimeter scorer in the league. He takes smart shots and does not force the issue at all. I've never seen a player with all these combined skills in my lifetime. Not even Jordan was as gifted passer as Lebron.

I do think guys like Melo, Durant, Kobe(prime) are/were more talented scorers in terms of creating their own shot, clutchness, and scoring repertoire. Their ability and finesse to purely score is better than Lebron at the moment.

Lebron is still a more complete offensive player than them because of his ability to make his teammates better. Basketball is a team game and 1v1 does not matter in the end. You are judged when playing as a team and Lebron's ability to dominate the game while getting his teammates involve is second to none. That is what makes him a legend.

As far as defense, I think he is a capable defender, but not nearly the best. I think he is overrated in that area imo. Still, his length and lateral quickness can give players trouble and he gets alot of steals for a big guy. Just my two cents from watching him.

jerellh528
05-22-2013, 01:45 AM

Lebron has better handles than kobe? haha lebronphiles are crazy.

IKnowHoops
05-22-2013, 02:40 AM

The thing these idiots fail to realize is that he wouldn't be able to "ruin the game" if he wasn't so dang good.

RiceOnTheRun
05-22-2013, 03:47 AM

THAT'S THE DAMN THING. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS 'WILL'.

Of course there's a desire to win, and there's a difference between making a basket in the 2nd quarter and making a basket when you're down 1 with 4 seconds to go. But I assure you, at that moment, any competent player in the NBA let alone Lebron, wants to win just as badly as anyone else. Nobody's arguing that he didn't show up to the finals in 2011, Heat fans know that the best out of anyone. Anybody with a pair of eyes could see that.

However, 'will' does not take Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden and Zydrunas Ilgauskas past three future hall of famers along with one of the greatest coaches of all time. I guarantee you, give Jordan or Kobe that same matchup and they'd get demolished just as bad.

Anyways, on topic, Miami's defense is more of a system rather than having one shutdown defender. It's Lebron's versatility to guard all five positions that gives the system the pivot however. No doubt, he's a great defender, but he's no shutdown kinda guy. He can guard any player well and for the Heat, that's enough. If they're playing a great backcourt duo like Brooklyn perhaps, and they have Ray Allen and Chalmers on the floor, Allen's not such a great defender so Lebron can switch onto either D-Will or JJ and keep them from dropping 40 while Ray goes and hides on Reggie Evans. Likewise, he can handle most big men in the league, not to the point where they aren't seeing the paint at all but enough so that they aren't just walking right in.

So, MJ is still going to get his 20-30 a game with Lebron defending him. It's not going to be easy with someone you can't really outrun or overpower, but he'll get it. Is he going to light it up with a 40-50 point game? Probably not.

ewing
05-22-2013, 05:53 AM
lol...welcome back to the mean threads of PSD, gotta watch yourself it's a bad neighborhood!

yeah property values must be **** around here