PDA

View Full Version : Celtics / Pelicans rumor?

Stunner
05-21-2013, 01:45 PM
NBA Legion‏@MySportsLegion50m
Rumor: Celtics talking with the Pelicans about a potential Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley deal for Eric Gordon. (via @McNamara247

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Might as well sell high on Bradley while he's overrated.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Stupid trade for Celtics though. They can compete for the East next year if they stay healthy.

nyKnicks126
Rumor: Celtics talking with the Pelicans about a potential Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley deal for Eric Gordon. (via @McNamara247

Didn't Kg say if Pierce is gone so is he?

DoMeFavors
Paul will probably be bought out and sign with a contender, or a good team maybe Dallas MAvericks or Clippers.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Paul will probably be bought out and sign with a contender, or a good team maybe Dallas MAvericks or Clippers.

No reason to buy him out, he's very tradeable.

MrfadeawayJB
05-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Can Eric Gordon stay healthy???

DoMeFavors
05-21-2013, 01:56 PM
No reason to buy him out, he's very tradeable.

that is true but I would assume it would be a 3 team deal than

Dade County
05-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Gordon is scum

True Sports Fan
05-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Actually like this for Pelicans

Vasquez
Bradley
Pierce
Anthony Davis
Robin Lopez

+ lottery pick

JiffyMix88
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Can Eric Gordon stay healthy???

Depends on if he sees the Celtics the same way he sees the Pelicans then no, if he sees the Celtics like the Suns then yes he can stay healthy.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
that is true but I would assume it would be a 3 team deal than

Yea, I understand its business but that would just be so wrong to do to Pierce for the final years of his career.

Blink
05-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Pretty fair deal IMO. Does Pierce want to go to a team like the Hornets tho?

Hustla23
05-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Not sure why the Pelicans would want Pierce. It would make sense if it was a 3 team deal like with the Clippers or someone else.

Pelicans gets Bradley, Bledsoe
Clippers get Pierce, Terry
Celtics get Gordon

And maybe put in fillers? IDK.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 02:10 PM
I still laugh everytime someone refers to them as the Pelicans. Not sure that will ever stop.

ManRam
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
i like it for boston. i still have faith in EG. it's time for them to blow it up.

at first i was iffy about the pelicans' side of it. if the bridge has burned with EG, then go for it. it's not gonna get them to contention, but it certainly helps them a lot. that would be a fun roster.

more importantly though it could help put butts in the seats, and it sheds them a lot of future money. without EG they could be huge spenders in FA after next year.

Vasquez
Bradley
Pierce
Davis/Anderson
Lopez/Smith

plus a decent pick. that's a fun team.

DoMeFavors
05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
I still laugh everytime someone refers to them as the Pelicans. Not sure that will ever stop.

its not a bad name there are weird team names everywhere red sox, orlando magic, rockets

Hustla23
05-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Agreed, Pelicans is the worst name of all time, IMO.

Don't think people can grow into it like the Thunder, lol.

smith&wesson
05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Rondo
Gordon
Green

I dunno if that's a good enough core to build around

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
its not a bad name there are weird team names everywhere red sox, orlando magic, rockets

I hear you but its one thing if there are deep roots to it. Like in baseball you have all those corny *** bird names like Orioles, Blue Jays, Cardinals but they are so engrained into the team culture they don't sound ridiculous.

If someone came out with a new franchise and said 'I'm gonna name them the Blue Jays!' there would be an uproar.

It will probably just take some time but right now it still sounds awful.

Its better than trying to get the 'tough' or 'fierce' image and coming up with a total flop like the Bobcats though.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
It just makes you think 'pussay' when you think of Pelicans. How can you be proud to play for a team called the Pelicans?

PhillyFaninLA
05-21-2013, 02:20 PM
twitter is not credible

Reddd
05-21-2013, 02:25 PM
The title sounds like as if the Celtics are making a trade with a local hockey squad

king4day
05-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Not sure why the Pelicans would want Pierce. It would make sense if it was a 3 team deal like with the Clippers or someone else.

Pelicans gets Bradley, Bledsoe
Clippers get Pierce, Terry
Celtics get Gordon

And maybe put in fillers? IDK.New Orleans is probably ready to start competing again after this draft ends. They could use Pierce as a mentor. He wouldn't be the worst player to help ring in the new identity for the Pelicans either.

Green_Monster
05-21-2013, 02:35 PM

Who is he overrated by? He's one of the best on ball defenders in the league, that put up pretty good offensive numbers when Rondo was healthy. He has good potential, especially if he can move back to SG when Rondo comes back.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
05-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Celtics need to get rivers in the trade somehow too ... that would be Cool to see doc coach his own son in the NBA

Shlumpledink
05-21-2013, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't touch Gordon with a two-foot pole. Also, I wouldn't trade Bradley for him. If you're trading Bradley and Pierce together, you can get more than Eric Gordon.

DreamShaker
05-21-2013, 03:05 PM

Yup. It is growing on me, but still a silly, silly name.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Yup. It is growing on me, but still a silly, silly name.

I have no idea why, but everytime I hear 'Pelicans' I think of those ****ing pink 'Flamingos'.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I'd probably hold out for a better deal.

Vinny642
05-21-2013, 03:10 PM
I would love it too

NYKNYGNYY
05-21-2013, 03:11 PM

Just going to say that

bcc
05-21-2013, 03:24 PM
It would bug me to do Pierce this way; sending him to a schlep team like that. He certainly deserves better after a HOF career in Boston, though it wouldn't surprise me if he were flipped to a contender.
That said, I think there's about a 20% chance of Pierce returning to Boston as it is. Ainge is an aggressive GM and he remembers the 80's Celtics hanging on to McHale, etc. hoping for one last shot when they really should've been looking to move them.

MrfadeawayJB
05-21-2013, 03:26 PM

Vasquez
Bradley
Pierce
Anthony Davis
Robin Lopez

+ lottery pick

Could be a decent defensive team

Vinny642
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Could be a decent defensive team

Austin Rivers is actually really good defensively as well

Tony_Starks
05-21-2013, 03:58 PM
I call total bs. First off no way Ainge sentences Pierce to be a Pelican, second Doc LOVES Bradley, and third Gordon has bad health history and a bad contract.

Stunner
05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Rumors are that two loterry teams seem to like Deng and wanna do a deal not including picks . Maybe hopefully NO is one of the teams . Deng for Gordon makes too much sense . Hell I'll even throw in Teague . Not that I think about no way Doc like this if it goes down . Maybe KG is retiring after what happen in the playoffs so he's prob gone . I can see Pierce playing another two years before calling a quits . Rondo/ Bradley /Grečn/Sully are the future . Better just call this season a waste and try in get a top 10 pick next year in a loaded draft . But knowing Doc that won't happen . They missed the train of trading Pierce and KG when their vaule was high after last season

Vinny642
05-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Rumors are that two loterry teams seem to like Deng and wanna do a deal not including picks . Maybe hopefully NO is one of the teams . Deng for Gordon makes too much sense . Hell I'll even throw in Teague . Not that I think about no way Doc like this if it goes down . Maybe KG is retiring after what happen in the playoffs so he's prob gone . I can see Pierce playing another two years before calling a quits . Rondo/ Bradley /Grečn/Sully are the future . Better just call this season a waste and try in get a top 10 pick next year in a loaded draft . But knowing Doc that won't happen . They missed the train of trading Pierce and KG when their vaule was high after last season

How does Deng for Gordon make sense for the Pelicans??? We trade an injury prone SG for a slightly less injury prone SF, and older too

NYK|NYY
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Hmm. I really think Bradley is super talented. He isn't someone I'd want to go up against on a healthy roster come playoff time.

OceanSpray
05-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Stupid trade for Celtics. Pierce is a proven player who has fight in him. Gordan is a crybaby who is injury prone. Regardless of the age difference, Gordan is overrated. Celtics needs to build around Rondo and Green.

TheNumber37
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Stupid for the Celtics.

A key to their future was supposed to be a dream 3 guard rotation around Rondo, Bradley and potentially Eric Bledsode.

It's got to be a Clippers/ C's deal send both KG and Pierce over there for Jordan, Bledsoe, picks.. get another team involved to maybe help the Clips dump money and give picks to the Celtics.
Final move. Get DOC to LA.
OR send KG and Terry to OKC for Perk, Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamp, Kevin Martin picks... not a bad trade conisdering KG only has about a uear left. Celtics could keep or Amnesty Perkins to save money to go get an Al Jeff type of player.

Stunner
05-21-2013, 04:54 PM
How does Deng for Gordon make sense for the Pelicans??? We trade an injury prone SG for a slightly less injury prone SF, and older too

Deng has actually been tough the last few years and has played through alot of injuries . He's finally getting surgery on his wrist so he should return to his old self . Deng gives NO a Sf they have been needing for the longest time. Deng is I'm his prime right now , two time all star , top 10 on ball defender , good rebounder and passer at his position . Led the NBA in mins with all of those injuries . Not to mention if NO likes him they will resign him and if they don't that's a lot of money coming off the books for 2014 . Deng /Granger/ Pierce would do good in NO but pierce lesser because who knows how he will react to playing for a losing team at the end of his caerer and why bury Rivers again by trading a SG for another SG he prob wont get playing time ? NO wouldn't do EG and a big for Deng / Teague and possible a 1st ? I think they would in a heartbeat .

Vinny642
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Deng has actually been tough the last few years and has played through alot of injuries . He's finally getting surgery on his wrist so he should return to his old self . Deng gives NO a Sf they have been needing for the longest time. Deng is I'm his prime right now , two time all star , top 10 on ball defender , good rebounder and passer at his position . Led the NBA in mins with all of those injuries . Not to mention if NO likes him they will resign him and if they don't that's a lot of money coming off the books for 2014 . Deng /Granger/ Pierce would do good in NO but pierce lesser because who knows how he will react to playing for a losing team at the end of his caerer and why bury Rivers again by trading a SG for another SG he prob wont get playing time ? NO wouldn't do EG and a big for Deng / Teague and possible a 1st ? I think they would in a heartbeat .

I know what Deng is, and he is older, we arent competing for a title this upcoming season....
Rivers will have minutes at PG, the only thing I really think is intriguing is the first rounder but considering the Bulls will be good next season, it will be a late one

RaiderKid318
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
It just makes you think 'pussay' when you think of Pelicans. How can you be proud to play for a team called the Pelicans?

Yeah I forgot about the nba team you play on lol

RaiderKid318
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
That being said no way this deal goes through without a 3rd team lol. We get bradly from celts and a young player for pierce from another team. Hopefully a SF or C!

Stunner
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
I know what Deng is, and he is older, we arent competing for a title this upcoming season....
Rivers will have minutes at PG, the only thing I really think is intriguing is the first rounder but considering the Bulls will be good next season, it will be a late one
Ok you aren't competing for a title this upcoming season but want Pierce and Bradley and no pick ? Either way in any trade based on develop you're most likely still in the lottery next year . Too many good teams you're guys aren't good enough to beat yet . In any trade dealing Gordon you would want a SF that's expiring , a young player and a pick . NO shouldn't have gave him that contract in the first place and did a sign and trade with the Suns getting another top pick for this draft before the season knowing he didn't want to be there . And Deng just turned 28 in April , he's entering his prime years . That's like saying you won't trade for Lebron because he's old and he's turning 29 this year .

Greet
05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
What makes EG THAT much better than Bradley?

Stunner
05-21-2013, 05:16 PM
What makes EG THAT much better than Bradley?

Everyone has forgotten how good EG was , he was a top 25 player healthy , top 7 SG healthy. He was efficient from the field and the 3 . Could get you 3 assist ppg and was a willing defender . He was underrated but all everyone can think about nowadays are injuries and the whole not wanting to play for NO . Yes he is better than Bradley in everything except defense .

Vinny642
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Ok you aren't competing for a title this upcoming season but want Pierce and Bradley and no pick ? Either way in any trade based on develop you're most likely still in the lottery next year . Too many good teams you're guys aren't good enough to beat yet . In any trade dealing Gordon you would want a SF that's expiring , a young player and a pick . NO shouldn't have gave him that contract in the first place and did a sign and trade with the Suns getting another top pick for this draft before the season knowing he didn't want to be there . And Deng just turned 28 in April , he's entering his prime years . That's like saying you won't trade for Lebron because he's old and he's turning 29 this year .

Lebron is older but there is a big difference between him and Deng. Deng is already in his prime, he isnt going to get better...

And I wouldnt mind Bradley and Pierce, I would love a pick with it, but Pierce's contract would either be bought out or expired at the end of the season, and teams would try to trade for him because he is serviceable for competing teams

Vinny642
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Eric Gordon is better than Bradley.... Gordon is pretty good defensively while being really good offensively, I wouldnt trust Bradley running an offense or anything

bleedprple&gold
05-21-2013, 05:49 PM
No way the Pierce is going to be happy playing for the Pelicans, and they are not going to want him at $15 mil. This is clearly a salary dump and Pierce will be bought out.

Vinny642
05-21-2013, 05:54 PM
No way the Pierce is going to be happy playing for the Pelicans, and they are not going to want him at $15 mil. This is clearly a salary dump and Pierce will be bought out.

Obviously we would either ship him to another team or buy him out

xxplayerxx23
05-21-2013, 06:21 PM
I'd bet rivers gets his way to the celtics lol

IversonIsKrazy
05-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Still hope EG goes to Chicago. Deng would be fair, while Pierce is an instant salary dump, Deng would be a $12M expiring contracct

JeffG20
05-21-2013, 11:35 PM

Maybe its because its their name

85BearsDefense
05-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Celtics can compete this year. Rondo is crucial to their playoff success.

Kyben36
05-22-2013, 12:15 AM
I dont like this for either team for a few reasons, 1, while the Pelicans need a SF, they are a young team and Peirce is on his last leg, 2 thats a lot of cap room for a SF, 3, I think that Peirce deserves beter and if he was to go anywhere it would need to be a playoff contender, the Pelicans dont make me think they are playoff bound,

I like the idea of a Luol for eric gordon and think it makes sense for both teams.

Sadds The Gr8
05-22-2013, 12:31 AM
too disrespectful to Pierce. They'll trade him to a contender

bleedprple&gold
05-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Obviously we would either ship him to another team or buy him out

I think he will be too hard to trade him unless you want to take back bad contracts from somebody. He's no longer worth the $15 mil.

maddBat
05-22-2013, 12:57 AM
where does garnet go?

maddBat
05-22-2013, 12:58 AM

its a business.

LOOTERX9
05-22-2013, 02:35 AM
I can't take any team named the pelicans seriously..lol I am laughing at their name as I type this

Sportfan
05-22-2013, 06:59 AM
I dont like this for either team for a few reasons, 1, while the Pelicans need a SF, they are a young team and Peirce is on his last leg, 2 thats a lot of cap room for a SF, 3, I think that Peirce deserves beter and if he was to go anywhere it would need to be a playoff contender, the Pelicans dont make me think they are playoff bound,

I like the idea of a Luol for eric gordon and think it makes sense for both teams.
You don't like it because it blocks the bulls

I like This deal for both sides. I've called EG overrated for years but at this point he's become underrated and his value can't drop any lower. It's an intriguing buy low option but there are some risks with health and contract and his happiness. If I'm Ainge I talk to EG first and if he is interested bring him here. Celtics can still contend. Replace Bradley/Pierce/Bass minutes with Rondo/Gordon/Sully and celtics are in the conference finals right now. Draft Schroeder and sign some big men and celtics are in solid shape

Although trjthfully i would deal out Green his value is skyrocket high and I personally don't trust him to stay there

ManningToTyree
05-22-2013, 08:28 AM
This doesn't make sense on a couple of levels. The pelicans are not ready to compete for a title why would they look to acquire a declining star?

Also The celtics wouldn't trade Pierce to a non contender out of respect. He needs to be on a team that appears to be a piece away I.e. clippers, Memphis

Sportfan
05-22-2013, 11:11 AM
NOP wants pierce not to play him but for his buyout to clear a ton of cap. Or as an asset at the deadline. He won't be playing for the pelicans by the 2014 playoffs
Avery/Davis is a really nice defensive pairing and a guy like Vazquez who can pass is ideal next to Bradley. It's a solid deal for both teams

knicksballers
05-22-2013, 11:25 AM
its a business.

trade him to the knicks with kg for Tyson, novak, camby, kidd, cope (s&t) our first this year and our first 2015.

JordansBulls
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM

Bulls need to go for Paul Pierce. I would trade Deng for Pierce.

JordansBulls
05-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Also I would do maybe a KG/Pierce for Boozer/Deng/Hinrich

ZHawk1123
05-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Also I would do maybe a KG/Pierce for Boozer/Deng/Hinrich

Yeah but the Celtics wouldn't do that... That deal in no way helps the longterm future of the franchise.

AntiG
05-23-2013, 05:50 PM
^ exactly. JB, like the responses you got on the C's board, they aren't going to take on bad contracts. PP and KG are expiring contracts as it is, the only things they will take (other than stars like Rose) are young players with potential and good draft picks. Otherwise there are no reasons to trade them, might as well let them come off the books and start over next year.

Stunner
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Bulls need to go for Paul Pierce. I would trade Deng for Pierce.

No

kobe4thewinbang
05-23-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry but every time I see something about this new Pelicans team, I think back to Tony Montana watching TV in the bathtub and saying, "C'mon, fly, pelican!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSzXR9qITI

Someone beat me to it, ha!

ClearSoulForce
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM

But Shumpert is a beast though right?

kobe4thewinbang
05-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Bulls need to go for Paul Pierce. I would trade Deng for Pierce.Deng might still die at this point. Why the hell would Boston trade him to a contender?

BSF101
05-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Out off all the names to pick they choose the Pelicans?

hugepatsfan
05-23-2013, 06:13 PM
NO gets: Luol Deng, Avery Bradley
BOS gets: Eric Gordon
CHI gets: Paul Pierce

NO gets cap relief and a young player for a guy who isn't motivated to be on their team. BOS gets a hit or miss player - if he pans out he's a potential top 5 SG but there's reason to doubt that happening (mainly injuries). CHI gets an upgrade at SF on the offensive end to take some offensive pressure off Rose when he comes back.

shep33
05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Bulls don't need Pierce in my opinion. They need Derrick Rose

c.c.
05-24-2013, 12:57 AM

Vasquez
Bradley
Pierce
Anthony Davis
Robin Lopez

+ lottery pick

The Pelicans division is so competitive though. No matter what deals they make, two of those other four teams gotta fall off to make room for them.

1. Spurs
2. Grizzlies
3. Rockets
4. Mavericks
5. Pelicans

Stunner
05-24-2013, 02:05 PM
NO gets: Luol Deng, Avery Bradley
BOS gets: Eric Gordon
CHI gets: Paul Pierce

NO gets cap relief and a young player for a guy who isn't motivated to be on their team. BOS gets a hit or miss player - if he pans out he's a potential top 5 SG but there's reason to doubt that happening (mainly injuries). CHI gets an upgrade at SF on the offensive end to take some offensive pressure off Rose when he comes back.

No

JordansBulls
05-27-2013, 03:13 PM

Along with KG. Both should go to Chicago.

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Along with KG. Both should go to Chicago.

Chicago doesn't have any intriguing young talent except Butler. Doubt they have the pieces. They can MAYBE get Pierce...doubt kg tho.

Deng and Butler for Pierce and Bradley/Lee or some ****.

xRipCity
05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Everyone is SO HIGH on this Gordon kid but he plays as much as Greg Oden.

If Ainge did this he would easily be the worst gm in the NBA.

Still isn't sold on Rondo. What a clown