PDA

View Full Version : Playoff scheduling... AGAIN?!?!?!

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
How is it that there are three nights in between games for Indy (the MIA series starts tomorrow), but the Spurs had two nights?

The second game of the Western conference finals will be completed before game one of the Eastern conference finals stars. In between Indy's last game, the Spurs and Grizzlies will have played two games!

I know playoff schedules are always messed up, but this seems odd to me. Maybe somebody in MIA can explain this to me. Was there a concert last night and tonight in Miami?

It just seems odd for the west to be two games into the series while the east hasn't even started yet. You could have an issue now where if the Spurs sweep the Memphis and the Heat got to seven games, where one team has literally a week and a half off.

kdspurman
05-21-2013, 11:44 AM
I "think" it was because if the Knicks/Pacers went to 7 games, it would've been yesterday, and thus the ECF would've started on Wednesday. Spurs/Grizz after tonight don't play again till Saturday, so they'll sort of even out.

Saturday is Game 3 of the WCF
Sunday is Game 3 of the ECF

PhillyFaninLA
05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
I think what kdspurman is a great point but I want to add maybe there was some event in the arena.

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Well, they want Wade to get as healthy as possible, duh.