PDA

View Full Version : Damian Lillard's entourage beat up innocent civilians for taking a photo of him

sunsfan88
05-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Two brothers are alleging that associates of Damian Lillard beat them up early Saturday morning in a dispute over a photograph.

KGW.com reports that the two men, who have been identified as Jermaine and Phil Ulinwa, claim that the 2013 Rookie of the Year took exception to having his photograph taken and that served as the trigger point of a fight.

One brother told KGW the beating happened as a result of a picture that he snapped with his cell phone after he spotted the basketball star walking toward a parking lot with several other people.

“And his entourage just turned around too and they’re like ‘Did you just take a picture of Damian Lillard?’ And I was like … ‘Yeah, I did.’ And so I saw that he was clearly upset, they were upset and I was like, ‘Can I apologize to him? Like I’ll go up right now and apologize to him,’” the brother said.

Within minutes, he says the discussion became an all-out fight which did not involve Lillard but did involve others that the brothers believe were part of Lillard’s group. When the second brother stepped in to help his brother, he says he was punched and kicked repeatedly, enough to break his nose and require stitches in his lip.

A Portland Police spokesman has confirmed that the incident is being investigated but stated Monday that the Blazers guard is not a suspect and that it has not yet been determined whether the suspects “are or are not” associated with Lillard, according to The Oregonian.

The Blazers issued a statement to KOIN, who also reported further details of the late-night incident.

The incident reportedly occurred at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the area of Northwest 4th Avenue and Davis Street.

“We are aware of the alleged incident,” the Blazers said in a brief statement Monday. “Based on preliminary reports, none of our players is considered a suspect in this case.”

Portland police detectives are continuing to investigate. No charges have been filed.

Aaron Goodwin, Lillard’s agent, issued a statement to The Oregonian.

Aaron Goodwin, the agent for Lillard, said Lillard was “not involved” in the incident.

Lillard, 22, was the unanimous 2013 Rookie of the Year and a unanimous selection to the 2013 All-Rookie First Team. He was also named the NBA’s Community Assist Award winner for March in recognition of his “Respect Pledge” anti-bullying campaign.

“It’s an honor to receive this award and I hope that it will bring even more attention to the Respect campaign,” Lillard said in a statement. “I’ve seen too many of the negative effects that bullying has on people, especially kids. Now that I’ve learned how many people look up to us as NBA players, I want to make the most of it by getting behind positive initiatives like anti-bullying.”

Lillard is expected to represent the Blazers at the 2013 NBA draft lottery drawing on Tuesday.

http://nba.si.com/2013/05/20/damian-lillard-beating-portland-blazers/

Wow the respect I have for Lillard will disappear if this is true. I know Lillard wasn't involved in it directly but he could have told his people to stop the fight and if he was so offended about them taking his pic, he could have just told them to delete it instead of kicking their *****. This is what's wrong with people becoming millionaires at such a young age...they use the money for stupid things like hiring goons.

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 12:00 AM
typical example of why players need to ditch their ghetto *** thug friends when they go from the hood to the pros.

DoMeFavors
05-21-2013, 12:00 AM
This is why our black community gets such a bad reputation because of idiots like this

CityofChaos
05-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Lillard is from Oakland what'd you expect? He takes pride in coming from the "ghetto" and fighting on the basketball court growing up so theres no surprise in his tough guy attitude

LayBraun
05-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Wow the respect I have for Lillard will disappear if this is true. I know Lillard wasn't involved in it directly but he could have told his people to stop the fight and if he was so offended about them taking his pic, he could have just told them to delete it instead of kicking their *****. This is what's wrong with people becoming millionaires at such a young age...they use the money for stupid things like hiring goons.

More than likely very close friends to him that he now pays to "protect him". I doubt he hired "goons". Wouldn't be surprised if alcohol was involved as well so poor decisions were made.

jerellh528
05-21-2013, 12:46 AM
This is why our black community gets such a bad reputation because of idiots like this

Also because 1 in 3 black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime. Such a sad statistic.

b@llhog24
05-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Hasty generalizing ftw!

Sadds The Gr8
05-21-2013, 01:34 AM
At first I thought the entourage were ****in morons but this is just one side of the story. The brothers could've been talkin mad **** and are just acting like they were so innocent. Need to hear more.

Kobes a Killer
05-21-2013, 01:52 AM
At first I thought the entourage were ****in morons but this is just one side of the story. The brothers could've been talkin mad **** and are just acting like they were so innocent. Need to hear more.
Why is everyone so quick to judge when they've only heard one side of the story?

AWC713
05-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Hasty generalizing ftw!

^^^this. why are people even FOCUSING on race? i dont care if lillard's friends are chinese or white, this is unacceptable though the other side has not been presented yet.

with that said, lillard can learn from this and move on.

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Lillard is from Oakland what'd you expect? He takes pride in coming from the "ghetto" and fighting on the basketball court growing up so theres no surprise in his tough guy attitude

You obviously no nothing about Oakland. A lot of it is a great and safe place with the inner areas being the bad places. And for all you know Lillard was telling them to stop the fight to no avail. I mean he seems like a great kid from what I've seen and he won the community assist award so I doubt he would see someone take a photo of him (which I can guess happens a lot) and tell his entourage to beat the **** out of them.

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Also because 1 in 3 black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime. Such a sad statistic.

That's because white men rule the world. Black people are forced to live in poor areas where people resort to gang violence to feel like part of something and sell illegal drugs to make money. Also many households in neighborhoods like that lack a father most likely due to him walking out on the mother to find a better life, leaving her to raise her children alone. With the mother constantly working to make money, she has even less time to spend with her kids, causing them to become drug addicts and gang members.

sunsfan88
05-21-2013, 03:57 AM
That's because white men rule the world. Black people are forced to live in poor areas where people resort to gang violence to feel like part of something and sell illegal drugs to make money. Also many households in neighborhoods like that lack a father most likely due to him walking out on the mother to find a better life, leaving her to raise her children alone. With the mother constantly working to make money, she has even less time to spend with her kids, causing them to become drug addicts and gang members.
White men rule the world?

Whose the president of the #1 nation for the past decade or so?

Goose17
05-21-2013, 04:41 AM

#1 nation? LOL.

tmacsc2
05-21-2013, 06:44 AM
I honestly find their story horsecrap. He took a picture of me while i was out in public, kick that guys' ***....makes no sense at all.

GrumpyOldMan
05-21-2013, 07:42 AM
There has to be more to this story. It doesn't make any sense. We shouldn't be so hasty to judge anybody until more facts are available. For all I know these men deserved to be smacked around a little.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 12:10 PM
He must have been blasting rails of coke all night.

KnickaBocka.44
05-21-2013, 12:49 PM
He must have been blasting rails of coke all night.

Next thing you know....

"J.R. Smith, high on cocaine, beats up little white child for taking a picture of Damian Lillard railing lines. Lillard and Smith are best friends. Lillard is coming to NY!"

Pistol_Pete
05-21-2013, 01:13 PM
If this is true I hope they sue him for the maximum amount possibly, and press charges against him and all his friends. Stuff like this is ridiculous and too many players/celebrities are seemingly above the law. Pay and pay hard.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 01:22 PM

Read up on Robert Moses and you will start to understand why the Ghetto's are filled with blacks and suburbs filled with Whites. Its by design.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
next thing you know....

"j.r. Smith, high on cocaine, beats up little white child for taking a picture of damian lillard railing lines. Lillard and smith are best friends. Lillard is coming to ny!"

looool.

D1JM
05-21-2013, 01:29 PM
He supports the anti-bully campaign but has a bunch of bullies in his entourage. Who cares if they took a picture of him. He's a public figure and has to understand that or are they going to beat everyone that does?

NYCkid12
05-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Everyone has choices, to feel a part of something you can join a sports team, a club at school, etc. You don't HAVE to resort to gang viloence to feel like you are part of community. If that's a choice you make then so be it but there are other opportunities and choices, just because someone doesn't take the time or effort to find them doesn't mean there aren't any.

NYCkid12
05-21-2013, 01:58 PM

First, most fathers who walk out on their family (regardless of race) do it because of there immaturity level. Not to "find a better life." If they did so for a better life that would involve there family because when you have children they are your life.

Second, being a child of a single parent household does not cause you to be a gang member or drug addict. Most of the time you are a product of the household you grow up in, regardless of how much time a mother/father spends with their kids (which I admit DOES contribute to how a child turns out) the foundation of the type of behavior that is acceptable and unacceptable is laid out. Most of the time if parents present an example of how to act and behave, that is the road the children will follow.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 02:00 PM
typical example of why players need to ditch their ghetto *** thug friends when they go from the hood to the pros.

Both of you lost account bets are still posting on here:laugh: At least DmF is entertaining. El hidalgo is just a fail troll that tries to hard.

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Both of you lost account bets are still posting on here:laugh: At least DmF is entertaining. El hidalgo is just a fail troll that tries to hard.

considering you quote me every chance you get, sounds like you're the one trying too hard

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 02:02 PM
You obviously no nothing about Oakland. A lot of it is a great and safe place with the inner areas being the bad places. And for all you know Lillard was telling them to stop the fight to no avail. I mean he seems like a great kid from what I've seen and he won the community assist award so I doubt he would see someone take a photo of him (which I can guess happens a lot) and tell his entourage to beat the **** out of them.

Lol, Oakland is trash dude.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 02:07 PM
considering you quote me every chance you get, sounds like you're the one trying too hard

Well if you were a man that had pride or honor, you would know why I laugh at you. Your sig is stupid btw. Jordan is way ahead of Wilt if you add all those three together. Just know you're the laughing stock of PSD.

D-Leethal
05-21-2013, 02:11 PM
So is DMF a black male or a white female?

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Well if you were a man that had pride or honor, you would know why I laugh at you. Your sig is stupid btw. Jordan is way ahead of Wilt if you add all those three together. Just know you're the laughing stock of PSD.

you just proved that you are a kobe fan, not a laker fan.

from a site that cannot be named here~

- Strength and power

Wilt's bench press was reportedly up to 500 pounds, in high school he also did shot put where he was throwing 53 feet.
Chamberlain stood tall at 7'1'', and was 275 lbs at the beginning of his career, reaching more than 300 lbs in his later years. He had a standing reach of 9'7'' and a wingspan around 7'9".
Always known to be a really big strong guy, critics tried to put him down stating he could only dominate due to his size, he tooked it to heart and always tried to show and improve his skill.
There are countless reports about his unbelievable strength by players and experts but they also say he tried to be a nice guy and never went all out because he didn't want to hurt anyone, you can see it clearly that most of the time he used to hold back when playing.

- Stamina

In his career Wilt played 45.8 minutes per game in the regular season and 47.2 in the Playoffs, that alone proves he had all the stamina in the world. This was a guy that never seemed tired and played with injuries in his final years.

- Speed

Wilt ran track and field in high school where he ran the 440 yards in 49.0 seconds and the 880 yards in 1:58.3. He easily outran guards in the fastbreak and used his speed in many ways on the basketball court.

- Jumping ability

Reportedly, Wilt had a vertical leap higher than 45'', that's as high as players like Michael Jordan. In high school he high jumped 6'6'' and broad jumped 22 feet. This was a 7'1'', 275 lbs guy with tremendous hops which gave him a really great advantage playing basketball.
Also keep in mind that Wilt had no access to modern privileges such as techniques, training, conditioning, equipment, medicine and so on. That makes it even more impressive

kthxbye

jamesdiego
05-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Didn't Obama and his wife both give speeches last weekend to black graduates about not making excuses and being responsible for your own actions? Maybe you should look up those two speeches and take in those words

t_money25
05-21-2013, 02:30 PM
While I don't agree with the brothers being beat up if this entire story is true, something needs to be done in order to protect celebrities from random people taking their pictures. No one knows what the intent is for taking their pictures without permission.

ThaDubs
05-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Didn't Obama and his wife both give speeches last weekend to black graduates about not making excuses and being responsible for your own actions? Maybe you should look up those two speeches and take in those words

That doesn't make what I said untrue. He pulled out some stat that served no relevance to anything.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 02:54 PM
you just proved that you are a kobe fan, not a laker fan.

from a site that cannot be named here~

Also keep in mind that Wilt had no access to modern privileges such as techniques, training, conditioning, equipment, medicine and so on. That makes it even more impressive

kthxbye

Obviously Wilt would be stronger because of his size, but Jordan benched over 400 pounds him self, so pound for pound Jordan is stronger. Jordan was also faster and has the highest vertical ever in the nba. Jordan had the ability to jump in the air absorb contact and still finish at the hoop. You can not do that unless your power and athleticism is un real. Keep reading stats from someone online. You're going based off of the internet when you have never seen the guy play. All you can do is look up videos of him picking on 6 foot white guys.

yaswaggin
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM

:laugh2:

Those who become gang members are part of natural selection, they get weeded out.

Those who are gang members choose their path in life, there have been many european immigrants in the 1800s who lived very cruddy lifes before labors were instituted.

They worked hard and rose out of the "ghetto" aka tenants back then (in which multiple families lived in a cruddy apartment)

Now black people have the opportunity to leave the "ghetto", and some do because they work hard and do what it takes necessary.

Oh by the way, if they graduate high school and keep working hard, they are given financial aid and affirmative action to get into college and rise to the middle class.

The simple truth is this, many people in the "ghetto" whether they are black, white, chinese, purple are lazy.

Then once they get old enough they join a gang and go to jail or work a very labor-stressed job because they didnt put the time in and hit the books during school.

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Obviously Wilt would be stronger because of his size, but Jordan benched over 400 pounds him self, so pound for pound Jordan is stronger. Jordan was also faster and has the highest vertical ever in the nba. Jordan had the ability to jump in the air absorb contact and still finish at the hoop. You can not do that unless your power and athleticism is un real. Keep reading stats from someone online. You're going based off of the internet when you have never seen the guy play. All you can do is look up videos of him picking on 6 foot white guys.

You realize it is harder for guy with long arms to bench, right? Wilt's unbelievable strength is well documented. Don't even try to compare Jordan's strength to his lmao. You didn't even post anything credible. All you posted was opinion.

Wilt had the ability to jump up in the air and CARRY GUYS WITH HIM while he dunked.

6 foot white guys? it has been well documented that this is a myth. There was large players during that era. Learn NBA that doesn't have to do with kobe please.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 03:21 PM
You realize it is harder for guy with long arms to bench, right? Wilt's unbelievable strength is well documented. Don't even try to compare Jordan's strength to his lmao. You didn't even post anything credible. All you posted was opinion.

Wilt had the ability to jump up in the air and CARRY GUYS WITH HIM while he dunked.

6 foot white guys? it has been well documented that this is a myth. There was large players during that era. Learn NBA that doesn't have to do with kobe please.

I'm not credible, but some turd who made an account bet with me and lost is.:laugh: Do you not have problems sleeping knowing what a failure you are? Name me the top 10 players wilt played against. Then name me 50 players from that era... I'll wait.

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm not credible, but some turd who made an account bet with me and lost is.:laugh: Do you not have problems sleeping knowing what a failure you are? Name me the top 10 players wilt played against. Then name me 50 players from that era... I'll wait.

Nah, you aren't worth it. You just posted a ton of crap in response to what I said to you, and now your asking me to post more proof? You're wrong, I'm right. Until you can post a worthy retort proving that MJ has a better combination of strength, speed, and athleticism than Wilt, I'm done with you. You've proved everything I need to know about you. You're a Kobe fan, not a Laker fan.

TheIlladelph16
05-21-2013, 03:49 PM
:laugh2:

Those who become gang members are part of natural selection, they get weeded out.

Those who are gang members choose their path in life, there have been many european immigrants in the 1800s who lived very cruddy lifes before labors were instituted.

They worked hard and rose out of the "ghetto" aka tenants back then (in which multiple families lived in a cruddy apartment)

Now black people have the opportunity to leave the "ghetto", and some do because they work hard and do what it takes necessary.

Oh by the way, if they graduate high school and keep working hard, they are given financial aid and affirmative action to get into college and rise to the middle class.

The simple truth is this, many people in the "ghetto" whether they are black, white, chinese, purple are lazy.

Then once they get old enough they join a gang and go to jail or work a very labor-stressed job because they didnt put the time in and hit the books during school.

So you don't see a systematic issue here...? It simply boils down to the fact they are lazy? I have lived in two of the worst parts of Philly over the last 6 years, and to an extent, I can agree with you. There are lazy ****s in the hood just like there are lazy ****s in the suburbs. If you can't at least admit that a lot or most of these people are immediately born into a disadvantaged situation with external factors that will slowly erode their lives away, then that's an issue.

There is a huge systematic racism problem in our country that very few people actually want to discuss or actually try to solve. We simply want to call out racist individuals.

Also what you described is Social Darwinism to a degree and that concept is utter bull****.

Tony_Starks
05-21-2013, 04:19 PM
So they take a pic, some guy says "did you just take a pic of Damien Lillard!" he humbly offers to apologize for the offense, and they proceed to senselessly beat them.

Yeah, sounds very believable. Not that they could be looking for a payday or anything. Lets just assume Lillard is the team captain of a crew of ghetto thugs, possibly gang bangers.

Surprised nobody got shot.

PleaseBeNice
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM

There ya go. Throwing around some insults oughta help your case right? Face it, you post uneducated words all the time, and you don't admit when you're wrong because of your INCREDIBLE bias. It's blinding you.

NYCkid12
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
So you don't see a systematic issue here...? It simply boils down to the fact they are lazy? I have lived in two of the worst parts of Philly over the last 6 years, and to an extent, I can agree with you. There are lazy ****s in the hood just like there are lazy ****s in the suburbs. If you can't at least admit that a lot or most of these people are immediately born into a disadvantaged situation with external factors that will slowly erode their lives away, then that's an issue.

There is a huge systematic racism problem in our country that very few people actually want to discuss or actually try to solve. We simply want to call out racist individuals.

Also what you described is Social Darwinism to a degree and that concept is utter bull****.

I don't see the connection to the post you quoted and Social Darwinism. If you are saying that Social Darwinism is that people who work hard should be given more of an opportunity than those who don't put in the effort I guess it is. But than the alternative is that everyone should have the same amount of success/money/opportunity regardless of effort and that is communism/socialism.

While I agree that people are born into a situation that immediately puts them at a disadvantage, there are ways to tip the scale back to your favor. Education is something that is taken very lightly in a lot of areas in this country whether it be in inner-cities or the suburbs. When people work hard in school, opportunities for higher education arise. That's one of the few institutions who actually do not discriminate against race or your social status (for the most part). With financial aid, grants, loans, and scholarships avaliable, students who work hard at their education find a way to finish school.

That work ethic stays with you if you do it in your educational career. The rate at which kids drop out of school these days is unacceptable and the school systems have some blame, but the kids themselves and their parents deserve a big part in the blame also. It shouldn't be acceptable to skip school, students should be held accountable.

The bottom line is I agree there are factors than contribute to a disadvantage a person is put in, especially in urban areas (or "ghetto") but the fact is that a person CAN work hard enough to put themselves in better situations to succeed.

ACanadian
05-21-2013, 05:10 PM

Damn lmao you got dumped!
:laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Nah, you aren't worth it. You just posted a ton of crap in response to what I said to you, and now your asking me to post more proof? You're wrong, I'm right. Until you can post a worthy retort proving that MJ has a better combination of strength, speed, and athleticism than Wilt, I'm done with you. You've proved everything I need to know about you. You're a Kobe fan, not a Laker fan.

Keep posting as if you're a valid user. All you did is look up some guys article on the internet. Go look at Jordans highlights and you'll see why he's the greatest player ever. No one was fast, strong, or athletic enough to keep up with his dominance. Jordan is the epitome of the human body. Wilt only won two rings in a watered down league for a reason.

el hidalgo
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Keep posting as if you're a valid user.
LOL, okay

All you did is look up some guys article on the internet.
Yeah... I researched it... You just pulled stuff out of your *** with no backing :laugh:

Go look at Jordans highlights and you'll see why he's the greatest player ever. No one was fast, strong, or athletic enough to keep up with his dominance. Jordan is the epitome of the human body. Wilt only won two rings in a watered down league for a reason.
When did I ever say Wilt was a better player than Jordan? Jordan is the GOAT. Did you really just tell me to look up youtube videos as proof that Jordan is more fast, strong, and athletic than Wilt? :laugh2: I guess I'll chalk this up as a win.

GiantsSwaGG
05-21-2013, 05:32 PM
thug

NYK|NYY
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
While I blame Lillard for being around such people, this is the same mistake that young guys seem to make across sports. Has nothing to do with race, just ignorance and immaturity.

mike_noodles
05-21-2013, 06:31 PM
What a douche. He better get used to people taking his picture. It's gonna happen alot if he's that good.

TheIlladelph16
05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't see the connection to the post you quoted and Social Darwinism. If you are saying that Social Darwinism is that people who work hard should be given more of an opportunity than those who don't put in the effort I guess it is. But than the alternative is that everyone should have the same amount of success/money/opportunity regardless of effort and that is communism/socialism.

While I agree that people are born into a situation that immediately puts them at a disadvantage, there are ways to tip the scale back to your favor. Education is something that is taken very lightly in a lot of areas in this country whether it be in inner-cities or the suburbs. When people work hard in school, opportunities for higher education arise. That's one of the few institutions who actually do not discriminate against race or your social status (for the most part). With financial aid, grants, loans, and scholarships avaliable, students who work hard at their education find a way to finish school.

That work ethic stays with you if you do it in your educational career. The rate at which kids drop out of school these days is unacceptable and the school systems have some blame, but the kids themselves and their parents deserve a big part in the blame also. It shouldn't be acceptable to skip school, students should be held accountable.

The bottom line is I agree there are factors than contribute to a disadvantage a person is put in, especially in urban areas (or "ghetto") but the fact is that a person CAN work hard enough to put themselves in better situations to succeed.

I consider the idea of Social Darwinism simply "Survival of the fittest" applied to social issues, which is essentially what I interpreted the point of what I quoted to be.The people who work hard and rise above the rest will succeed, while the lazy and disadvantaged simply fail or die off, which at face value is a valid concept. It fails to seriously address external factors that will in fact prevent a person from truly succeeding with very little to no possibility of overcoming it. The American Dream is a great idea and all, but it truly is bull in my eyes.

Yes. There are people who are born into disadvantaged situations, work their butts off and end up succeeding, and I wish everyone could be like that. That just simply isn't the case for everyone even when they do everything they can in their power to rise above their situation. Those people are still thrown in with the dregs of society by the general public's view because without proper context, that what they appear to be. That to me is wrong.

The education system in general is falling apart at the seams, and inner-city schools are the ones who suffer the most. They lack the funding to begin with. I agree that everyone should be accountable that the dropout rate is so high, but the core of education itself is what is truly failing our students. When the school are ****, they're parents are deadbeats and everyone around them is involved in crime to get by, I'm not sure what people expect a kid to do.

My overall point is that people fail to put themselves in other people's shoes and take a serious look at their situation. They just automatically assume that person is simply lazy, and therefore deserves whatever bad comes his way.

WestCoastSportz
05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
You can take a guy out of Oakland, but you can't take Oakland out of the guy.

yaswaggin
05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
I consider the idea of Social Darwinism simply "Survival of the fittest" applied to social issues, which is essentially what I interpreted the point of what I quoted to be.The people who work hard and rise above the rest will succeed, while the lazy and disadvantaged simply fail or die off, which at face value is a valid concept. It fails to seriously address external factors that will in fact prevent a person from truly succeeding with very little to no possibility of overcoming it. The American Dream is a great idea and all, but it truly is bull in my eyes.

Yes. There are people who are born into disadvantaged situations, work their butts off and end up succeeding, and I wish everyone could be like that. That just simply isn't the case for everyone even when they do everything they can in their power to rise above their situation. Those people are still thrown in with the dregs of society by the general public's view because without proper context, that what they appear to be. That to me is wrong.

The education system in general is falling apart at the seams, and inner-city schools are the ones who suffer the most. They lack the funding to begin with. I agree that everyone should be accountable that the dropout rate is so high, but the core of education itself is what is truly failing our students. When the school are ****, they're parents are deadbeats and everyone around them is involved in crime to get by, I'm not sure what people expect a kid to do.

My overall point is that people fail to put themselves in other people's shoes and take a serious look at their situation. They just automatically assume that person is simply lazy, and therefore deserves whatever bad comes his way.

sorry i didnt reply to your previous post since already commented on it, but:

1. I agree that they can't do anything about being born into a poor family versus a kid being lucky and being born into a rich family

2. I also agree that funding is a big problem in the "ghetto" areas, mainly because being in a poor area= bad funding.

3. I agree that a **** school and druggie parents can definetly steer a kid towards the "bad crowd"

4. I DISAGREE that the kid cant do anything about it. His school may be crappy.

But simply all a kid has to do from the ghetto is:

1. stay off the streets and graduate high school
2. go to a local community college with financial aid taking care of all payments and work his/her *** off.

If they suck at math, they can start at arithmetic math and work all the way up.

if they suck at lit, they have workshops, and a tutoring center.

3. Once they graduate CC, they go to a state school that will be much cheaper then most colleges, and again financial aid will pay for most of their tuiton

4. Graduate and look for a job. Boom done

SportsFanatic10
05-21-2013, 07:35 PM
nba cares...

Lakers Ghost
05-21-2013, 09:55 PM
what a B****.

Lakers Ghost
05-21-2013, 09:57 PM
While I don't agree with the brothers being beat up if this entire story is true, something needs to be done in order to protect celebrities from random people taking their pictures. No one knows what the intent is for taking their pictures without permission.
I know, dont you hate it when random people take a photo of you.:cool:

NYCkid12
05-21-2013, 10:59 PM

I couldn't agree more with this comment. People are very quick to judge without knowing any of the circumstances surrounding an individuals life and it's very sad that our society has come to that.

I also agree to a certain extent that school systems quality have definitely deteriorated and it is to funding issues. However, I do believe education is what you make of it. A person who attends an Ivy League school and cheats his/her way through or just simply does the bare minimum to graduate as opposed to a student who attended a less prestigious school and worked extremely hard in every class, did more than expected, participated in internships and graduated at the top of there class; who had the better education ?

I don't think that an model of society is flawless but I do think democracy and capitalism is the least flawed.

NYK|NYY
05-21-2013, 11:04 PM

2. go to a local community college with financial aid taking care of all payments and work his/her *** off.

If they suck at math, they can start at arithmetic math and work all the way up.

3. Once they graduate CC, they go to a state school that will be much cheaper then most colleges, and again financial aid will pay for most of their tuiton

"Simply" Lol =P. There is nothing simple about doing any of those in most situations that we are talking about here. Sure it sounds easy from where you and I are sitting but there are a lot more factors present in stopping children/teens from seeking such things. If it was so easy and obvious it wouldn't be a problem, I assure you.

NYCkid12
05-21-2013, 11:05 PM
sorry i didnt reply to your previous post since already commented on it, but:

1. I agree that they can't do anything about being born into a poor family versus a kid being lucky and being born into a rich family

2. I also agree that funding is a big problem in the "ghetto" areas, mainly because being in a poor area= bad funding.

3. I agree that a **** school and druggie parents can definetly steer a kid towards the "bad crowd"

4. I DISAGREE that the kid cant do anything about it. His school may be crappy.

Although I agree with the basic concept of your argument, I don't think it should be made out to be very simple and easy. It is not easy to graduate with a degree regardless of your situation. It takes a lot of will and a very strong work ethic to succeed, especially for someone who is in a tough situation.

I believe your parents/parent figures is what is ultimately the biggest factor in how a person lives there life.

NYCkid12
05-21-2013, 11:06 PM
"Simply" Lol =P. There is nothing simple about doing any of those in most situations that we are talking about here. Sure it sounds easy from where you and I are sitting but there are a lot more factors present in stopping children/teens from seeking such things. If it was so easy and obvious it wouldn't be a problem, I assure you.

Agreed

I just posted a very similar response lol

blahblahyoutoo
05-21-2013, 11:51 PM

lol? no one is forcing blacks to live anywhere but themselves. first off, ghetto thugs turned the neighborhood to ****. secondly, they're free to leave on their own (and infest another neighborhood - section 8 housing).

blahblahyoutoo
05-21-2013, 11:53 PM

there are laws in place. cameras are not allowed on private property. public domain is fair game.