PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James takes exception with comments from Frank Vogel

ombada
05-19-2013, 11:14 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20130519/SPORTS04/305190029/Pacers-playoffs-LeBron-James-takes-exception-comments-from-Frank-Vogel

Vogel was asked about facing the Heat after the Pacers eliminated the New York Knicks in six games on Saturday.

“It’s exciting, but this is not about getting back at Miami,” Vogel said as his two daughters sat on his lap. “If you’re in the final four you’re competing for a championship. And they’re just the next team that’s in our way. That’s how we’re approaching it.”

James took Vogel’s words to mean he was calling Miami just another team.

“We’re not just another team,” James told Miami reporters on Sunday. “I don’t understand what he’s saying. But we’re not just another team. That’s not true. He said we’re just another team in their way. We’re a great team. If we’re just another team, you really don’t prepare for just another team. You have to prepare for us.”

I think Lebron needs a lesson in reading comprehension...

SportsFanatic10
05-19-2013, 11:16 PM
when he was asked he wasn't given the full quote, the reporter tried to get a reaction by the way he posed the question and it worked.

Krizzle88
05-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Oh my ****ing god Lebron just stop being a damn baby & just play who gives a damn what Vogel says

kdspurman
05-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Lebron definitely got a little defensive. Sometimes it's cool to just shrug off other comments. Not totally surprsing cause he's been a guy to voice his opinions... but he's also a guy who usually plays with a bigger edge too after something like this that he takes personal. This should be a fun series

Btw, I don't think Vogel was saying that in attempt to slight Miami, but show as the leader they're a confident bunch.

ombada
05-19-2013, 11:21 PM
when he was asked he wasn't given the full quote, the reporter tried to get a reaction by the way he posed the question and it worked.

yeah the media will do that. I still think since he didnt have the quote in front of him he should have just said something like "I dont care what Vogel said, bring on the Pacers."

4milesperday
05-19-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't get why bron is tripping.

Ezio
05-19-2013, 11:23 PM

Yeah that's what most reporters do. Look at that Bradley Beal article on Rose.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 11:23 PM
LeBron's biggest fault off the court is his non existing ability to be an average speaker.

Just mow through Indy, and shut up.

Krizzle88
05-19-2013, 11:24 PM
LeBron's biggest fault off the court is his non existing ability to be an average speaker.

Just mow through Indy, and shut up.

This

Teeboy1487
05-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Lebron is a moron. This is nothing.

ombada
05-19-2013, 11:28 PM
I really dont understand his response. Name a team in the NBA you don't have to prepare for. How does that separate Miami, or make them any different?

ryang
05-19-2013, 11:29 PM
What do you think Jordan would have said? Probably something like. The pacers are a joke and I'm gonna burn there house down. Good for Lebron. But really who cares? Last year Vogel started complaining before game 1.

Tony_Starks
05-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Not Lebrons fault. The reporter switched "there just the next team" to "just another team" and said Vogel said it over and over like he was going out of his way to insult them.

I don't fault Bron for taking exception to that. Jordan used to actually go looking for quotes to pump him up, Lebron just got baited.

Teeboy1487
05-19-2013, 11:39 PM
I really dont understand his response. Name a team in the NBA you don't have to prepare for. How does that separate Miami, or make them any different?

That's what I'm thinking. I saw nothing wrong in what Vogel said. I don't even see the issue at all. I guess Lebron is trying to motivate his teammates?

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 11:41 PM
For someone considered the greatest player in the game today he sure does snap quickly and subsequently provide quick fodder for the media.

Hope he doesnt own a gun :speechless:

SportsFanatic10
05-19-2013, 11:41 PM
yeah the media will do that. I still think since he didnt have the quote in front of him he should have just said something like "I dont care what Vogel said, bring on the Pacers."

yeah i agree, but this also goes back to last year when vogel started the trash talking before the series began. probably thought he was taking a shot at them because of that when presented with the choice parts of the quote by a reporter.

naps
05-19-2013, 11:42 PM
LeBron didn't say anything that's not true. But Vogel probably didn't mean any slight to Miami by saying what he said. LeBron didn't know the quote when he was asked. Reporters in the press can do that to you.

ryang
05-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Vogel talks crap it's all good. Lebron talks and we should tar and feather him.

Sadds The Gr8
05-19-2013, 11:56 PM
what a clown.

--23--
05-19-2013, 11:58 PM
What's there to take exception of? Vogel said nothing wrong the Heat are "just the next team that's in their way" same in vice versa.

i.got.the.nutz
05-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Who cares what Lebron says. He will average 30/8/8, and Indiana will have no chance this series.

bucketss
05-20-2013, 12:01 AM
lebron is not a very smart guy, i wish these reporters would stop trolling him lmao.

ryang
05-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Jordan would have replied the same or worse but you didn't see anyone complaining about it. We get it everyone hates Lebron. Good it makes it that much sweeter when we win.

ghettosean
05-20-2013, 12:11 AM
I could be wrong but I think he's a little worried about indy... Honestly when Jennings talked smack like they were going to win in the 1st round he barely had a reaction and now with this he's super defensive.

Should be an interesting series!

Avenged
05-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Wah wah wah. Miami is winning the series regardless so who cares, Bron.

mngopher35
05-20-2013, 12:16 AM
The reporter clearly tried to get a response from Lebron and it worked. I'm sure this will be made a big deal when it's actually nothing. Vogel didn't mean disrespect and Lebron should have kept quite.

stawka
05-20-2013, 12:17 AM
I don't see the big deal in what Vogel said, but if it's gonna motivate LeBron to demolish Indiana as quickly as possible, then Vogel is an *******, ********, *******, and everything else. Get angry Bron!

TestedWest
05-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Just shut up and let Ur playing do the talking. Smh I'm a heat fan and this sorta banter is why folks hate him. I know he's trying to create a competitive spirit around this series, but basing it off something as petty as Vogels comments is just irrational.

Doogolas
05-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Jordan would have replied the same or worse but you didn't see anyone complaining about it. We get it everyone hates Lebron. Good it makes it that much sweeter when we win.

At most Jordan would have said, "I don't give a ****." And then been pissed behind closed doors.

All he had to do was brush it off. That or at least be an ******* about it. His response LEGITIMATELY sounds like a 10 year old.

WITZ
05-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Seriously lebron... what an idiot :facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2013, 01:02 AM
He didn't go to college.

ryang
05-20-2013, 01:02 AM
At most Jordan would have said, "I don't give a ****." And then been pissed behind closed doors.

All he had to do was brush it off. That or at least be an ******* about it. His response LEGITIMATELY sounds like a 10 year old.

Were you around in the Jordan days? He would have ripped Vogel. To Jordan Vogel would have been considered a joke. Jordan would talk to Vogel during games and in the press conference.

jerellh528
05-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Seems like lebron feels a false sense of entitlement or something. Technically vogel said the right things.

thaShady
05-20-2013, 01:38 AM
he didn't go to college.

lol

thaShady
05-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Lebron is scared. Pacers in 6.

Supreme LA
05-20-2013, 02:53 AM

You're a clown.

majmarcus
05-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Why hasnt anyone pointed out Vogel saying the heat are the NEXT team in their way. he didnt say they were just another team.

Supreme LA
05-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Were you around in the Jordan days? He would have ripped Vogel. To Jordan Vogel would have been considered a joke. Jordan would talk to Vogel during games and in the press conference.

Are you ********? Or do you really think you KNOW MJ personally? I doubt you know anything about the "Jordan days" because you reply to everything like a teenage kid. MJ was full of class and charisma. Quit being so defensive about your boy Lebron. He's a sensitive baby who was baited by a reporter.

Supreme LA
05-20-2013, 02:58 AM
He didn't go to college.

This is true and he probably didnt go to English class much either. It basically shows everytime Lebron opens his mouth.

ryang
05-20-2013, 03:43 AM
Are you ********? Or do you really think you KNOW MJ personally? I doubt you know anything about the "Jordan days" because you reply to everything like a teenage kid. MJ was full of class and charisma. Quit being so defensive about your boy Lebron. He's a sensitive baby who was baited by a reporter.

What the hell are you talking about? You obviously are very young. No I don't know Jordan personally. Yes I watched him play. I also watched press conferences. Per game shows. Everything Jordan said was on tv. He would have trashed Vogel. Then he would have talked up and down the court with Vogel. Maybe a head shake. Maybe a laugh. Jordan talked more then anybody. Maybe not throwing his hands in the air. Or acting like a thug. But he was one of the biggest trash talkers of all time. And I'm ********. Lmao. Get a clue. You hate Lebron I get it but you have no clue

JC_
05-20-2013, 03:53 AM
lol at this thread.

AWC713
05-20-2013, 04:05 AM
lol @ ppl calling out for lebron for the way he replied.

100% stirred by the media by asking a leading, and semi-false, loaded question.

FreakaNashur
05-20-2013, 04:58 AM

All he had to do was brush it off. That or at least be an ******* about it. His response LEGITIMATELY sounds like a 10 year old.are you in jordan's brain? lol.

sammyvine
05-20-2013, 06:53 AM
lebron isnt the smartest tool in the box.

kobe or wade would never have said that. still, it is what it is

lavilevi23
05-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Lol at the guy that said he used to watch Jordan and he was full of class. LMAO.. Obviously he didnt watch ***** to know MJ was the biggest trash talker in the history of basketball. Just another LeBron hater making up reasons to hate

sammyvine
05-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Lol at the guy that said he used to watch Jordan and he was full of class. LMAO.. Obviously he didnt watch ***** to know MJ was the biggest trash talker in the history of basketball. Just another LeBron hater making up reasons to hate
You mad? It's not that emotional

Big Zo
05-20-2013, 07:44 AM

MJ got his dad killed because of his gambling problems. Class, and charisma.

Big Zo
05-20-2013, 07:48 AM
This is true and he probably didnt go to English class much either. It basically shows everytime Lebron opens his mouth.

Using an apostrophe "T" must not have been a huge deal in your English class. :)

ATX
05-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Even on Mike & Mike this morning, Greeny was saying that the reporter didn't pose the Vogel comments correctly, and thus you get the defensive reaction from James. His comments weren't based entirely on the facts of what Vogel said. Vogel didn't say anything warranting a defensive reaction, and this thread is pointless. Why argue about comments that came out of a reporter just trying to get a reaction?

cubbiefan_est88
05-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Lebron is not a very educated man lol

ThaDubs
05-20-2013, 09:28 AM
What do you think Jordan would have said? Probably something like. The pacers are a joke and I'm gonna burn there house down. Good for Lebron. But really who cares? Last year Vogel started complaining before game 1.

No way in hell MJ would respond anywhere along the lines of this. And if he did he'd have a good reason considering his team went 72-10 in the regular season and was coached by PJ. LeBron just sounds like an idiot in this quote. Like an angry 4th grader.

3RDASYSTEM
05-20-2013, 09:30 AM
It goes with the small rivalry brewing between these 2 in the postseason

didn't VOGEL say they are the biggest floppers ever last postseason or something of that nature?

now its just more Hollywood to add to it since we all know who has the best player/mvp

plus being the defending champs makes you just that, the rest are the other teams or the next

the HEAT are the bullseye and current champ, that matters in this sport

NYCkid12
05-20-2013, 09:41 AM
I really don't see the issue with what either one of them said.....

It seems everyone in here is ripping lebron for his comments? Why? It's not like he went overboard at all...he just said we're a great team and not just another team....and I gurantee he comes out with a chip on his shoulder bc of this all...ppl just love getting on Lebron for everything he says/doesn't say

ManRam
05-20-2013, 09:53 AM
definitely took the comments too seriously.

definitely doesn't matter either.

neither one said anything out of line.

ManRam
05-20-2013, 09:54 AM
MJ was full of class and charisma.

not sure if serious...

actually, i know you are. so... WOW

TheIlladelph16
05-20-2013, 10:28 AM
No way in hell MJ would respond anywhere along the lines of this. And if he did he'd have a good reason considering his team went 72-10 in the regular season and was coached by PJ. LeBron just sounds like an idiot in this quote. Like an angry 4th grader.

I get what you're trying to say here, but you do realize that the Heat won 66 games this year, right? I'm not sure there's that much of a difference where 72 wins you can say something justifiably, but good god not at 66 wins that's just out of line haha.

The continual infatuation with MJ not being a complete POS is funny to me. I would have loved to see Jordan try and fail to make it through the social media era unscathed.

justinnum1
05-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Great, just what lebron needed. More motivation. Thanks vogel, even if thats not what you really said.

jerellh528
05-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Great, just what lebron needed. More motivation. Thanks vogel, even if thats not what you really said.

As if lebron plays better angry lol, he plays flustered when he is mad. Which is exactly why vogel probably said what he did, good strategy getting lbj upset.

Slug3
05-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Seriously, why are any of what Vogel or Lebron said bad? I mean can't people/teams not like each other? Why does someone have to worship the other as to not upset them or something.

Max.This
05-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Using an apostrophe "T" must not have been a huge deal in your English class. :)

why do people like to correct grammar on a forum that has nothing to do with being grammatically correct. My baby cousins are more educated than these NBA players and thats just how the world works around athletes, but from person to person on a forum. How flawed is your character to walk around forums saying you missed this comma, or you spelt this incorrectly. Hey do you know how much income people with perfect grammar make? Why don't you ask your school teachers and college professors, they make squat.

SteBO
05-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Even on Mike & Mike this morning, Greeny was saying that the reporter didn't pose the Vogel comments correctly, and thus you get the defensive reaction from James. His comments weren't based entirely on the facts of what Vogel said. Vogel didn't say anything warranting a defensive reaction, and this thread is pointless. Why argue about comments that came out of a reporter just trying to get a reaction?
The....end. That said, I actually love this. Vogel's actual comments are easy to take as being dismissive, but he's suppose to say what he said. As for LeBron, he took up for his team and is probably just trying to fire himself up an his team up. Nothing to really see here people....

kdspurman
05-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Fwiw (just heard on ESPN radio from someone who was there), Lebron said he "heard" the quote, so I don't necessarily know it was the reporter who worded it incorrectly to try and "spice" it up. Lebron didn't appreciate the quote from Vogel, but he may have took it the wrong way.

SwatTeam
05-20-2013, 01:16 PM
The Heat are the dragon that has yet to be slayed. They're a dragon that will burn your @$$ alive and eat your hopes and dreams. Ask New York fans, Chicago fans, and anyone else here who's still butt-hurt. A dragon that blows flames up these fan bases butts so extreme that preparation H cannot cure it. A burn of the @$$hole so extreme that even Lakers fans feel it nearly 3 years later. Maybe they should try some Vagisil?

This post was brought to you by Vagisil.

DirkDiggler6
05-20-2013, 01:51 PM

Hes probably 16 and what hes seen of jordan are his youtube highlights. Give him a break. Everyone knows Jordan loved to talk sh**

JiffyMix88
05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Well Mr LeBron according to Vogel and the Indiana Pacers you are just another team in there way to their goal just like they are to you.

Vogel should respond by saying "Yeah I said it and I'll say it again"

dee279
05-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Nigguhs promotin vagisil and shiznit? Wtf! Ha! dat ish cray

SwatTeam
05-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Nigguhs promotin vagisil and shiznit? Wtf! Ha! dat ish cray

I got kidz to feed!!!!!!!

Chronz
05-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Bron got trolled

b@llhog24
05-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Not Lebrons fault. The reporter switched "there just the next team" to "just another team" and said Vogel said it over and over like he was going out of his way to insult them.

I don't fault Bron for taking exception to that. Jordan used to actually go looking for quotes to pump him up, Lebron just got baited.

Good post.

Lmao.

definitely took the comments too seriously.

definitely doesn't matter either.

neither one said anything out of line.

:nod:

I get what you're trying to say here, but you do realize that the Heat won 66 games this year, right? I'm not sure there's that much of a difference where 72 wins you can say something justifiably, but good god not at 66 wins that's just out of line haha.

The continual infatuation with MJ not being a complete POS is funny to me. I would have loved to see Jordan try and fail to make it through the social media era unscathed.

Yea people think that Kobe's a douche, MJ would've been slaughtered. Lol.

As if lebron plays better angry lol, he plays flustered when he is mad. Which is exactly why vogel probably said what he did, good strategy getting lbj upset.

Got any series in mind?

mjt20mik
05-20-2013, 04:13 PM
lol... the media contorts and skews words to get more of a viewing for themselves.

jmoney23
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
LeBron later clarified the statement "we are no ordinary team" by saying we have the refs and David Stern on our side, so we are extraordinary.

Leach11
05-20-2013, 05:00 PM

MJ classy? You're kidding, right? Inhuman athlete, godlike talent, insane competitor...yes, without question. But classy? One only has to watch his Hall of Fame speech or listen to Chamillionaire's rant about his childhood hero to know that MJ is the furthest thing from classy. Not to mention his immense trash talk and his well-known adultery.

IKnowHoops
05-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Just shut up and let Ur playing do the talking. Smh I'm a heat fan and this sorta banter is why folks hate him. I know he's trying to create a competitive spirit around this series, but basing it off something as petty as Vogels comments is just irrational.

His play on the floor gives him the right to say what ever he wants to say, because him backing it up is a forgone conclusion. Lebron had a problem with what a reporter told him a coach said about his team. Now the loosers of PSD have a problem with Lebron saying something about what the coach said. Everyone on here complaining about Lebron should look in the mirror and slap yourself for being a hypocrite. Take your own advice and shut up. What's funnier is at least he's answering about something part way directed at him. You loosers got something negative to say and Lebrons statements have nothing to do with you. Pathetically hipocritical.

amos1er
05-20-2013, 06:23 PM
LeBron later clarified the statement "we are no ordinary team" by saying we have the refs and David Stern on our side, so we are extraordinary.

lol

IKnowHoops
05-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Good post.

Lmao.

:nod:

Yea people think that Kobe's a douche, MJ would've been slaughtered. Lol.

Got any series in mind?

Jordan was not the douche that Kobe is. When Kobe got caught in Denver cheating, he then ratted out Shaq on the spot, saying " I should of done what Shaq does?" Who does that crap. Jordan never would of done something so ********. Anyway Jordan was an *** at times, but he was also cool as heck too. Thats why him and Barkley were best friends. Who is Kobe's friend? Nobody wants to hang with Kobe.

amos1er
05-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Jordan was not the douche that Kobe is. When Kobe got caught in Denver cheating, he then ratted out Shaq on the spot, saying " I should of done what Shaq does?" Who does that crap. Jordan never would of done something so ********. Anyway Jordan was an *** at times, but he was also cool as heck too. Thats why him and Barkley were best friends. Who is Kobe's friend? Nobody wants to hang with Kobe.

Ya, we know you hate Kobe...ya ya ya.

amos1er
05-20-2013, 06:33 PM

Edit.

PacersForLife
05-20-2013, 06:34 PM
If LeBron was smart he would have just said "and Indiana is just another team in our way, next question."

Delrayhc
05-20-2013, 06:40 PM
I dont know if the reporter gave lebron vogels exact statement or not but if he did then Lebron should shut the F up. Who the hell cares what Vogel says , he confident in his team. If i were a Pacers fan I would want my coach to have that mindset. Its not like vogel was running his trap or anything.

SACNYY
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Waaahhh we're not a regular team! We're a great team dammit! Wahhhh Cry some more Lebron.

ryang
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Only crying I hear is on this forum. Didn't hear Lebron cry. Heard him say we're gonna show them who we are an they should prepare accordingly.

ThaDubs
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM

And we all know you hate LeBron...

sammyvine
05-20-2013, 06:54 PM
erm carmelo Anthony and kobe are close friends...
also how do you who kobe hangs out with? you know him personally?

IKnowHoops
05-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Huh? Is that not the biggest b----- move ever to rat out your boy when you got caught for no apparent reason other than to bring him down cause your caught up? Please dude, I don't hat Kobe but that was the biggest punk move I seen. Seriously shut up with that "you hate kobe bs". Kobe was a huge chump in that instance. Deal with it and stop your crying.

IKnowHoops
05-20-2013, 07:10 PM
erm carmelo Anthony and kobe are close friends...
also how do you who kobe hangs out with? you know him personally?

Once you rat, your always looked at as a rat. He has garnished a lack of respect for that one. No I don't know him personally. You sound like you do though. Do you?

TheIlladelph16
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM

Nah man. Jordan was have been crucified by today's media. I don't think Kobe is a particularly great person and the alleged rape scandal didn't help that, but Jordan takes the cake on that one. There's a reason most of his team was literally terrified of him at times.