PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Staying With The Clippers?

Clippersfan86
05-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Steve Kyler of Hoopsworld is reporting that CP3 has already made it known among players in the league. Not a surprise or anything but when combined with teammates saying they are sure he's staying it adds up. Now the Clippers just need to fill some holes and find a new coach. 5 more years of Blake and CP3 at least.

Sactown
05-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Good decision on his part

heyman321
05-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah Elton Brand did too, until he didn't and then forced you guys to sign the Baron.

Aust
05-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah Elton Brand did too, until he didn't and then forced you guys to sign the Baron.

Didn't he then proceed to jump ship?

What were the other potential destinations for Paul?

Cracka2HI!
05-19-2013, 04:45 PM
I googled it and found a tweet. Doesn't seem that reliable. Still just sepculation. I do think most have always thought he would come back but you never know. My opinion is that he would want some assurance that there will be a new coach and that would try to move DJ and Bledsoe for something to help the team this year. He probably comes back no matter what but I do think the team needs a bit of a make over. Adding a piece or 2 may not be enough...especially if VDN is still coach.

gatkins11
05-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Not surprising if he stays, but this is still very premature.

Clippersfan86
05-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Elton Brand's situation is WAY different. He was only giving up 5 mill to go back east where he's from and going to a more respectable franchise. Remember the Clippers sank fast after 06-07. Plus Donald Sterling ****ed up in how he negotiated. Not saying I don't blame Brand at all but totally different.

Strumpy
05-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Sources and reports have been insanely unreliable for the past few years. Anything from free agency in 2010 to Derrick Rose's potential return. Not to say that he won't stay, but I'll believe it when he puts pen to paper.

NYKNYGNYY
05-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Where's the link?

amos1er
05-19-2013, 05:38 PM
He should sign with the Lakers and put right what Stern put wrong.

flea
05-19-2013, 05:42 PM
This looks like some homer believing what he wants to. Please close or change the title.

king4day
05-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Adding a question mark since this isn't official

east fb knicks
05-19-2013, 08:03 PM
lmao he's gone

Iron24th
05-19-2013, 08:07 PM
It's expected, it would be surprising to see him going elsewhere.

sammyvine
05-20-2013, 07:01 AM
he wont win anything imo..just can't see the clippers beating okc, memphis, and even the up and coming golden state in cp3's prime

will be another ''great player'' that couldnt win a ring as the main man...

Heediot
05-20-2013, 07:22 AM

Greet
05-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I don't believe this is the smartest thing for Chris Paul...at the time.

JiffyMix88
05-20-2013, 09:45 AM
G.O.N.E. gone

ambisme56
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
CP3 and Howard will be joining Dirk in Dallas.

Cracka2HI!
05-20-2013, 05:24 PM
he wont win anything imo..just can't see the clippers beating okc, memphis, and even the up and coming golden state in cp3's prime

will be another ''great player'' that couldnt win a ring as the main man...Where can he go that would give him a better chance? He would have to team with Howard or another superstar anyway, so wouldn't that make him "not the man" even if he wins? If he stays with the Clippers at least he stays the man. Blake can still become a SuperStar despite what PSD thinks.

I don't believe this is the smartest thing for Chris Paul...at the time.I don't beleive this sentence makes any sense? What does "at the time" mean? It sounds like you are using a statement about current events but then ending it by bringing up the past?

CP3 and Howard will be joining Dirk in Dallas.Only Atlanta has the cap. CP3 and Howard have to take HUGE pay cuts to play with Dirk. One of them can go there and benefit from no state tax but Dallas only has cap to pay them like $12 million in year 1 if they both go there.

KingPosey
05-20-2013, 05:40 PM

No be talked Baron into signing AND THEN bailed.

Cracka2HI!
05-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Felton also promised Clippers fans he was staying. CP3 has handled the situation like a professional no matter what decision he makes. But yea promising a team you are staying, convincing them to sign a bum like Baron and bolting was up there on the douche bag totem pole.

Dade County
05-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Where can he go that would give him a better chance? He would have to team with Howard or another superstar anyway, so wouldn't that make him "not the man" even if he wins?

But your starting pg can't be the man (in a way), and lead you to a title. Cp3 needs to be with another star player, to set him up, and control the offense.

If he stays with the Clippers at least he stays the man.

Like how Barkley was the man? Like how Reggie was the man? Like how Ewing was the man?

Blake can still become a SuperStar despite what PSD thinks.

He is a cash cow.

Only Atlanta has the cap. CP3 and Howard have to take HUGE pay cuts to play with Dirk. One of them can go there and benefit from no state tax but Dallas only has cap to pay them like $12 million in year 1 if they both go there.

Both might be willing to take less to play on a loaded team.

Honestly, I feel that both of them are gone, and joining stack teams ( Discounted ). Fans are just going to have to deal with it.

Cracka2HI!
05-21-2013, 01:21 AM
But your starting pg can't be the man (in a way), and lead you to a title. Cp3 needs to be with another star player, to set him up, and control the offense.

Like how Barkley was the man? Like how Reggie was the man? Like how Ewing was the man?

He is a cash cow.

Both might be willing to take less to play on a loaded team.

Honestly, I feel that both of them are gone, and joining stack teams ( Discounted ). Fans are just going to have to deal with it.

I could see what you're saying if there were teams that could offer both players a better chance at a title if they move teams. The only 2 teams that have a chance to land either player are Atlanta(both) and Houston IMO.

BenFrank
05-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Daryl Morey has gone after every All-Star player in the past 3 or 4 years! He's quiet on CP3 now, but something tell's me he's gonna try to go after him too.. If reports are true about Dwight's interest in Houston and he sign's there, I can see Paul on Morey's radar.. If i'm not mistaken.. cut all non-guaranteed contracts, trade Lin at the draft for a mid to high 1st, Trade Asik for a power forward..

Howard,Harden,Parsons,Paul' best team n the west for atleast 4 years