PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the Pacers

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2013, 11:58 AM
We have a bunch of Knicks and Melo topics so I think we need this one. This forum compared to the other forums on this is site is a lot more negative so here is something postive.

The Pacers have shown the past few years they are growing into a really nice team and they should only be getting better. I want to give credit to the Pacers for a nice playoff run so far and say I'm looking forward to seeing this team grow and hope they can stay together.

Kudos Pacers.

VCaintdead17
05-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I think we've proved we're not a team like Atlanta(no offense to ATL) whose just there, making the playoffs every year but not doing anything. In the past three years we've gone from sneaking into the playoffs with a losing record as an 8 seed and losing in the first round, to jumping to the 3 seed making it to the second round, to finally winning the division and making it to the ECF. That's progression if I've ever seen it and we certainly have not reached our peak as a team yet.

R. Johnson#3
05-19-2013, 12:25 PM
The Pacers always seem to capitalize on draft day but not by drafting. By trading. Acquiring George Hill and Roy Hibbert was huge for this team.

SeoulBeatz
05-19-2013, 12:25 PM
We have a bunch of Knicks and Melo topics so I think we need this one. This forum compared to the other forums on this is site is a lot more negative so here is something postive.

The Pacers have shown the past few years they are growing into a really nice team and they should only be getting better. I want to give credit to the Pacers for a nice playoff run so far and say I'm looking forward to seeing this team grow and hope they can stay together.

Kudos Pacers.

yup, Pacers are a class organization that built their team the right way and have such a bright future.

god it sucks being a Sixers fan.

Hustla23
05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
The Pacers have done a great job of building a team with longevity. It's scary to think that they're already ECF contenders and their best players aren't even close to their prime yet. They can effectively ride out the Miami Heat dynasty and overtake the #1 spot, IMO. A healthy Bulls team is better than the Pacers but a lot of their core players are also older.

Bring The Heat
05-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Pacers are for real and are a threat. The heat know this and should be ready come Wednesday. Going to be a great series

jacquewho?
05-19-2013, 01:04 PM
The Pacers always seem to capitalize on draft day but not by drafting. By trading. Acquiring George Hill and Roy Hibbert was huge for this team.

Good point. PG24 and Lance Stephenson were draft picks from the same year.

I was a big hater on the Roy Hibbert deal, but the last two seasons he's finally taken that step and manned up. The George Hill deal was a favorite of mine, he's not the most electric PG out there (I'd say 10th-12th best PG in the league) but he has such a terrific understanding for the game and really knows how to run this offense that makes him so important for this team.

JLynn943
05-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Not surprised one bit that it's Miami vs Indiana in the ECF. I've expected it all season because the Pacers are a very good, tough team built for playoff success. Very excited to see this series. I think they are a very real threat to the Heat.

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 01:12 PM
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 3m
The Pacers' highest-drafted player is D.J. Augustin, a No. 9 overall pick by the Bobcats.

Proof that Free Agency and lottery picks are overrated.

smith&wesson
05-19-2013, 01:23 PM

Kudos Pacers.

two seasons ago I predicted that the pacers would be contenders in the raps forum lolI was laughed at.

but I really admire the way the pacers play like a team and their toughness. I like their formula of sharing the ball and having balance. They are really growing in to a team that can have some longevity.

jacquewho?
05-19-2013, 01:24 PM
To waveycrockett's post, I don't think they are completely overrated but I do agree that it is a bit overrated. I mean, David West was a FA pickup and look what he's meant for the team.

Paul George was 10th, Roy Hibbert 17th (part of the Jermaine O'Neal trade), Lance Stephenson 41st, Danny Granger 16th...

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 01:25 PM
To waveycrockett's post, I don't think they are completely overrated but I do agree that it is a bit overrated. I mean, David West was a FA pickup and look what he's meant for the team.

Paul George was 10th, Roy Hibbert 17th (part of the Jermaine O'Neal trade), Lance Stephenson 41st, Danny Granger 16th...
Dont forget Geroge Hill 26th and they actually lost that trade bad when they traded Kawhi Leonard for him. They should be so much better now.

Everyone seems to think you need 3 max contract free agents or a top-2 pick to build a contender.

JLynn943
05-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Dont forget Geroge Hill 26th and they actually lost that trade bad when they traded Kawhi Leonard for him. They should be so much better now.

Everyone seems to think you need 3 max contract free agents or a top-2 pick to build a contender.

Yeah, I guess when you have both Memphis and Indiana in the conference finals, as well as the recent successes of teams like Detroit, Dallas, and to some extent the Spurs (I say this only because they have had 3 star players despite having a very team-oriented approach), it proves that a well-rounded defensive-oriented team can be and often is successful.

D-Leethal
05-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Pacers, like the Bulls, embody everything that is great about team sports. They straight whooped our ***. Knicks seemed to focus so hard on Miami they didn't even think about power teams like Indy and Chicago and have obvious issues they need to address for these teams.

Glad to see the NBA is reverting back towards depth to build contenders now that the '3 superstars to win' mentality that came on the scene after Boston in '08 is slowly going out the window. You will see more teams build around depth and size like the old days after seeing the success of Indy, Memphis and Chicago this year.

KniCks4LiFe
05-19-2013, 04:37 PM

actually that's just proof how Michael Jordan is the worst talent evaluator in the game.

JasonJohnHorn
05-19-2013, 06:03 PM
I've been loving what they've been doing. I wish the Raptors had Indy's front office, then we'd have Granger Bosh and Hibbert and who knows who else. Instead we got... ?!?!?!??

The Raptors gave Hibbert away to the Pacers and let Granger drop to the Pacers in the draft.

I thought with Granger out this team would struggle, but Paul George really blossomed this year. This will be an important off season for the Pacers though. They have West up as a free agent. They may have a problem keeping him because they don't have Bird rights to him. If that is the case they may have to look into who they are going to go with at SF: George or Granger? Of course, they may be able to move one to SG? I dunno... but if West leaves, while I'm sure Hansborough can develop into a quality PF, they will still need some sort of depth at that position.

But they've been making good moves all along the way for a while now, so I expect they should get better this off season.

I got my fingers crossed for them again the Heat. I'm pulling for them. I thought they could have gotten it done last year. It seemed like their best shot with Bosh out half the series.

odiz
05-19-2013, 06:38 PM

I was a big hater on the Roy Hibbert deal, but the last two seasons he's finally taken that step and manned up. The George Hill deal was a favorite of mine, he's not the most electric PG out there (I'd say 10th-12th best PG in the league) but he has such a terrific understanding for the game and really knows how to run this offense that makes him so important for this team.

George Hill is a solid player but 10th best PG in the league? Come on. Hes not really even a PG.

jacquewho?
05-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I agree with him not being a PG, he's more of a combo.

But I feel like we judge a PG's talent level on PPG/APG. It's been crazy seeing this offense run w/ Hill in and when he's out, the guy just has a terrific feel for the game and understands defenses so well. He had the 7th best Assist-Turnover ratio this year, ahead of notable PGs such as Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, and Russell Westbrook. I think if people took into how much he meant to this team, then they would consider him a very solid player/PG.

Maybe that's just the homerism in me. But again, the way he controls the offense means so much to this team.

R. Johnson#3
05-19-2013, 09:08 PM

I didn't like the Hibbert deal when it happened and I'm furious with it now. Although hopefully Valanciunas will help me forget about it.

blahblahyoutoo
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
i said all along that the pacers were the biggest scare to the heat. of course knicks fans disagreed and look where we are now.
both knicks players and fans alike disrespected them and they let their play do the talking.
no nonsense team that doesn't whine about calls. they just go about their business and play the game.

MonroeFAN
05-20-2013, 02:12 PM

er? What about Miami dude.

and yes, IND is a serious threat, they play the game the way it should be played.