PDA

View Full Version : Who you got for the conference finals?

JasonJohnHorn
05-19-2013, 04:22 AM
I'm happy to say I picked all four match-ups in the second round correctly, though I did make a couple mistakes in the first round. Now we are onto the conference finals. So who do you got, and why do you think they are going to win?

Miami vs. Indy

SA vs. Memphis

As for Miami vs. Indy, I want to pick Indy. I think they have the roster to get this done, especially if LBJ's supporting cast fails to show up like they did against the Bulls, but LBJ is just playing at such a high level and the officials aren't going to be helping Indy out at all. I expect Miami will win this series, but I will be rooting for Indy.

SA vs. Memphis. I have to go with the Spurs here. Both teams are great defensively, and even though the Grizzlies matched up well a couple seasons back and upset the Spurs, they are going to find that they are missing Gay on the offensive end this series. I think the bottom line here is that the Grizzlies will simply not have the fire power to outscore the Spurs.

Multiple choices are allowed in the poll, so you can pick one team from each series.

LakersIn5
05-19-2013, 04:43 AM
its just amazing that the grizz won 4 straight vs lac then 4 straight vs okc.

i got mia and mem

kobe4thewinbang
05-19-2013, 05:26 AM
West: San Antonio.
Why?: Better scorers and more experience.

East: Miami.
Why?: It took 6 games for Indiana to beat New York. Miami also has LeBron James, who went into overdrive last year.

Korman12
05-19-2013, 05:59 AM
I don't get how SAS v. MEM could be a vindicating moment for Memphis not having Rudy Gay. The team reached the conference finals without him and finished the regular season better without him and have a more efficient offense since he left. The Rudy Gay argument is done no matter what happens. It's over.

If Memphis loses the series, whether by close games or by blowouts (doubtful), it won't be because they "miss" Rudy Gay. It'll be because SA played better.

ztilzer31
05-19-2013, 06:19 AM
I picked Memphis vs. Miami at the beginning of the season!!! I figured OKC would miss Harden, LA didn't have the depth, and the Spurs were old... Hopefully Memphis makes me look good! I picked Denver for WCF and New York for ECF though. Whatever still a good guess.

I think Memphis can out defend the Spurs at this point. Memphis can look really sloppy some times though, and Spurs are too good a team to get careless. We'll see, but I'm fairly confident with my Memphis pick for now.

Goose17
05-19-2013, 06:30 AM
I would love to see a Indiana - Memphis final. True battle of the underdogs. Would make for a great story.

But realistically I think it will be Miami - San Antonio.

todu82
05-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Miami and San Antonio.

SportsFanatic10
05-19-2013, 09:55 AM
ECF: Heat in 5 or 6 - too much talent for the grind it out Pacers and they won in 6 last year without Bosh.

WCF: Spurs in 6 or 7 - tough call, but I think they just have more scoring power and the Grizz will have a hard time keeping up despite their defense keeping the whole series close.

JordansBulls
05-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Would San Antonio get better finals ratings than Memphis? If it is SA and Indy or Mem and Indy which ratings would be better? This is why I think Miami will be in the finals no matter what. Now had it been Miami and NY then it wouldn't had mattered who won.

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 10:17 AM
I think Miami is going to sweep Indy. The Pacers bench is going to get slaughtered.

Jint.
05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Grizz over Miami

3RDASYSTEM
05-19-2013, 10:42 AM
STERN once again has his cake ice cream plus gifts all in 1 wrapped for him

MEM could reach 1st Finals app in history, SPURS could get revenge on them and take on BRON again this time in HEAT uni

also the DPOY could go up against the runner up, too bad GAY is in TOR or that BRON matchup would be nice to check out

HEAT could get upset which would spark the summer fun of espn and fox and everybody and they mama sources of where BRON could land

with the market of TX in it and the video game team of the HEAT, STERN is going to win regardless

money ratings and storylines is what Hollywood sports is all about these days

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Double post

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2013, 12:19 PM

MEM could reach 1st Finals app in history, SPURS could get revenge on them and take on BRON again this time in HEAT uni

also the DPOY could go up against the runner up, too bad GAY is in TOR or that BRON matchup would be nice to check out

HEAT could get upset which would spark the summer fun of espn and fox and everybody and they mama sources of where BRON could land

with the market of TX in it and the video game team of the HEAT, STERN is going to win regardless

Sounds legit. Instead of picking big market teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Bulls, Nets, Warriors or a team with a bonafied star in OKC. He went with some of the smallest markets who many consider to play some of the most boring basketball in the league. Memphis, San Antonio, and Indiana don't help anyone with the ratings they provide.

I saw your post about Iverson being up there with the greats and I thought you were just trolling. Now I just doubt your intelligence.

VCaintdead17
05-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I LOVE any of the potential match ups for the NBA finals. Pacers vs Grizzlies would be great. Spurs vs Heat would be great. Grizzlies vs Heat would also be a fun series.

jacquewho?
05-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Pullin' for my Pacers, but realistically it will be tough to stop the Heat. Regardless, would love to see a Grizzlies/Pacers finals.

Redskins10
05-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Miami in seven.

Jarvo
05-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Spurs Vs Heat was my pre seaon pick and People laughed at me when I said Indy was the 2nd best team in The East :dance: they're damn good but I dont see them beating Miami.

As an Miami native and Spurs fan people ask me who I would want to win if they play in The Finals alot now and I say Timmmmaaaaa! Go Spurs! Go!

JasonJohnHorn
05-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Spurs Vs Heat was my pre seaon pick and People laughed at me when I said Indy was the 2nd best team in The East :dance: they're damn good but I dont see them beating Miami.

As an Miami native and Spurs fan people ask me who I would want to win if they play in The Finals alot now and I say Timmmmaaaaa! Go Spurs! Go!

Great picks! I had MIA and IND as one and two in the east this season, so even though NY finished 2nd, I feel vindicated there that IND won, and IND was without Granger all year, so...

As for the Spurs... with the west, I had no clue when the season started who would be in the finals. I epexect the Spurs Thunder and Lakers to finish with around 60 wins and the Clippers as well. Ever year since 03 I have picked the Spurs to win the west, though I wasn't 100% in 09 and 10. This year, I just had no clue. I expected an OKC repeat with the Laker potentially going all the way.

I am happy for Memphis. Their fans deserve this, especially after some of the bone headed moves theri front office has made, but that said, this deep playoff run doesn't mean much at this point. They beat the Clippers without Blake and they beat the Thunder without Westbrook. They didn't prove they could hang with those guys, they proved they could beat a short handed squad. They played well and earned those wins, but those wins will mean nothing unless they beat the Spurs as well. If the Spurs win, people will just say Memphis played short handed teams and got the luck of the draw. IF they beat the Spurs, they will be validated. I expect the Spurs to win this series, but Memphis has beaten them before.

Jarvo
05-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Great picks! I had MIA and IND as one and two in the east this season, so even though NY finished 2nd, I feel vindicated there that IND won, and IND was without Granger all year, so...

As for the Spurs... with the west, I had no clue when the season started who would be in the finals. I epexect the Spurs Thunder and Lakers to finish with around 60 wins and the Clippers as well. Ever year since 03 I have picked the Spurs to win the west, though I wasn't 100% in 09 and 10. This year, I just had no clue. I expected an OKC repeat with the Laker potentially going all the way.

I am happy for Memphis. Their fans deserve this, especially after some of the bone headed moves theri front office has made, but that said, this deep playoff run doesn't mean much at this point. They beat the Clippers without Blake and they beat the Thunder without Westbrook. They didn't prove they could hang with those guys, they proved they could beat a short handed squad. They played well and earned those wins, but those wins will mean nothing unless they beat the Spurs as well. If the Spurs win, people will just say Memphis played short handed teams and got the luck of the draw. IF they beat the Spurs, they will be validated. I expect the Spurs to win this series, but Memphis has beaten them before.

I'am scared of The Grizz because Gasol and ZBo, And kinda shocked Spurs are underdogs in this series but it should be damned good.

IKnowHoops
05-19-2013, 03:33 PM
ECF: Heat in 5 or 6 - too much talent for the grind it out Pacers and they won in 6 last year without Bosh.

WCF: Spurs in 6 or 7 - tough call, but I think they just have more scoring power and the Grizz will have a hard time keeping up despite their defense keeping the whole series close.

Agree

amos1er
05-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Obviously Miami is going to beat the Pacers. Lets stop pretending like there is actually a threat here. The gap in talent is unfairly in the Heats favor. If they lost this series it would be a choke job for the ages. One that rivals where Lebron previously set the bar back in 2011.

amos1er
05-19-2013, 05:03 PM
I think the Grizz will beat the Spurs. Not because they are the better team, rather they are the easier match up for Lebron and the Heat in the finals just like the Thunder were last year when Stern helped them get past the Spurs. Stern will likely notice this as well and make sure that Lebron's biggest threat (The Spurs) don't make the finals once again.

ztilzer31
05-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I LOVE any of the potential match ups for the NBA finals. Pacers vs Grizzlies would be great. Spurs vs Heat would be great. Grizzlies vs Heat would also be a fun series.

I think any besides Pacers Vs. Grizzlies. That would be an ugly series.

Korman12
05-19-2013, 05:49 PM

So stupid it's enthralling.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-20-2013, 01:11 AM
I want miami to sweep the pacers and to the spurs to beat the grizz

NYKalltheway
05-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Miami vs Spurs