PDA

View Full Version : WC Finals Game 1: #5 Memphis Grizzlies @ #2 San Antonio Spurs - May 19 @ 3:30 PM ET

Pages : 1 [2]

Hangtime
05-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Nobody on this Grizz team keeps tabs on Bonner.

Jarvo
05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Want to see T Mac do a dunk :jumpy:

mzgrizz
05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Yep, they got their record

kdspurman
05-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah I expect them to play way better than this for Game 2 and ZBo won't play like this also, We have to keep focus and understand this is just 1 out of 4 which I'm sure Pop has it under control.

Yea no doubt about it. Between 2011 and last year's WCF, I don't tthink this team is not going to let up again.

Duncan and Splitter only have a combined 7 points too, so that's an area for the Spurs to look to improve. Though they did a fine job defensively.

MrfadeawayJB
05-19-2013, 05:48 PM
The Grizzlies defense is very very bad. How the hell did they have the #1 defense during the regular season?

Hope they can get their s**t together for rest of the series though. Really wanna see them in the Finals against Indiana or Miami.

It's just 1 game. Score will look worse than it was. A 20 point loss may balloon to 30 with extended garbage time. Grizz have had the bench in last 7 mins of the game

MrfadeawayJB
05-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Want to see T Mac do a dunk :jumpy:

He can still dunk :laugh:

sunsfan88
05-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Def want to see more Ed Davis over Darrell
Except at the charity stripe

If Z-Bo keeps up today's performance, maybe they should put Davis over him too.

MrfadeawayJB
05-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Def want to see more Ed Davis over Darrell
Except at the charity stripe

If Z-Bo keeps up today's performance, maybe they should put Davis over him too.

I won't go that far lol

MrfadeawayJB
05-19-2013, 05:51 PM
One good thing is the spurs had one of their best playoff games of the year the same night the grizz had their worst.

justinnum1
05-19-2013, 05:52 PM
i know its only one game, but i think grizz are in trouble.

sunsfan88
It's just 1 game. Score will look worse than it was. A 20 point loss may balloon to 30 with extended garbage time. Grizz have had the bench in last 7 mins of the game

Yea but I still think weakness to hit 3 pointers will haunt them. They only have one 3pt shooter that's better than average and that's Pondexter.

In today's NBA, it's hard to win in the playoffs without getting some help with outside shooting.

The Grizzlies need to sign a bunch of 3pt shooters in the off season that's for sure.

Jarvo
Blair now you want to play

mzgrizz
The Grizzlies defense is very very bad. How the hell did they have the #1 defense during the regular season?

Hope they can get their s**t together for rest of the series though. Really wanna see them in the Finals against Indiana or Miami.

Well, they do have usually a great defensive mindset, but I do think the first WC Finals game for almost all of the Grizz was a mind thing on them; and they always play horribly on Sundays. They haven't defended the 3 well, so if SA keeps the 3's raining, it'll be a short series.

Jarvo
05-19-2013, 05:53 PM
He can still dunk :laugh:

We will find out today if he does lol

sunsfan88
05-19-2013, 05:53 PM
I won't go that far lol

I know I'm just messing. Highly doubtful that Z-Bo shows up like this again.

mzgrizz
05-19-2013, 05:54 PM
This monstrous loss won't help Lionel with his contract extension......I mean, what is the FO waiting on if not for the Playoffs???

Jarvo
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
They want T Mac to score so bad lol

sunsfan88
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Well, they do have usually a great defensive mindset, but I do think the first WC Finals game for almost all of the Grizz was a mind thing on them; and they always play horribly on Sundays. They haven't defended the 3 well, so if SA keeps the 3's raining, it'll be a short series.

Aren't the Spurs a top 5 3pt shooting team?

Here's a list of the very good shooters they have:

Ginobili
Leonard
Neal
Green
Bonner
Parker
Diaw

List of very good 3pt shooters on the Grizzlies:

Pondexter
Maybe Conley

MrfadeawayJB
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM

Yea but I still think weakness to hit 3 pointers will haunt them. They only have one 3pt shooter that's better than average and that's Pondexter.

In today's NBA, it's hard to win in the playoffs without getting some help with outside shooting.

The Grizzlies need to sign a bunch of 3pt shooters in the off season that's for sure.

Grizz will make adjustments on the three I'm sure of it. Grizz seem to drop game 1 just to feel our their opponent. And yes we need more shooters lol

sunsfan88
05-19-2013, 05:57 PM
This monstrous loss won't help Lionel with his contract extension......I mean, what is the FO waiting on if not for the Playoffs???

Oh even if the Grizzlies get swept they would be stupid to not resign Hollins.

Actually, I hope they don't resign Hollins. And I hope the Suns go after him and get him.

MrfadeawayJB
05-19-2013, 05:58 PM
I won't go that far lol

I know I'm just messing. Highly doubtful that Z-Bo shows up like this again.

Or should we say doesn't show :mad:

Jarvo
05-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Good win Spurs, Gotta comeout firing like this for Game 2 :clap:

mzgrizz
05-19-2013, 05:59 PM

Ginobili
Leonard
Neal
Green
Bonner
Parker
Diaw

Pondexter
Maybe Conley

Yes, I think we are making the same point??

MrfadeawayJB
Horrible game from every one except pondexter. Couldn't come back from the nervous start

Hangtime

Ginobili
Leonard
Neal
Green
Bonner
Parker
Diaw

Pondexter
Maybe Conley

Grizz are like 30th in 3 point attps. They just don't shoot the rock from beyond much. They better figure out how to defend those screen plays.

mzgrizz
05-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Oh even if the Grizzlies get swept they would be stupid to not resign Hollins.

Actually, I hope they don't resign Hollins. And I hope the Suns go after him and get him.

Well something is up or they would have signed him at the end of the regular season with a franchise best number of wins

Doogolas
05-19-2013, 06:00 PM
The Spurs are pretty good.

sunsfan88
05-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Well something is up or they would have signed him at the end of the regular season with a franchise best number of wins
Eh I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chicago took forever to give Thibs an extension and he's the 2nd best HC this league has so its probably just a timing thing where they wanna get it done in the off season not during the season to avoid any distraction it may possibly bring.

Hangtime
05-19-2013, 06:03 PM
You never know what the Grizz FO is planning. If they let him go there will be plenty of suitors.

Iron24th
05-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Surprised to see how the grizz got destroyed in this game, game 2 will probably be another story.

The Spurs are so good, if you love basketball and great ball movement, you can't hate the Spurs.

tredigs
05-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Not easy to put up 105 in a route against arguably the games best D. It's only the 2nd time a teams got to 100 against them in the playoffs (including an OT game), and the other was a game that they easily handled the Clips.

Like their last 4 games against Golden State, San Antonio just looked better tonight. Their easiest game since the Laker series.

jam
05-19-2013, 11:46 PM
I agree and disagree with the notion that the spurs are a boring team to watch.

I disagree since the spurs have great scorers in manu, tony and tim. They also excel at ball movement and parker himself is a whirling dervish.

I agree however, since the spurs are basically play in 2 dimensions rather than 3. They don't have explosive dunkers, and you won't see the alley oops that puts crowds into a frenzy.

Having said that, I expect this series to be a ratings disaster. If the spurs move on, which it looks like they will after today's game, ratings will certainly be down for the finals.

Stern can't afford another referee scandal at this point in his career, which is why we see the spurs and grizz in the WC finals in the first place.

Surprised to see how the grizz got destroyed in this game, game 2 will probably be another story.

The Spurs are so good, if you love basketball and great ball movement, you can't hate the Spurs.

TRF929
05-20-2013, 01:45 AM
I agree and disagree with the notion that the spurs are a boring team to watch.

I disagree since the spurs have great scorers in manu, tony and tim. They also excel at ball movement and parker himself is a whirling dervish.

I agree however, since the spurs are basically play in 2 dimensions rather than 3. They don't have explosive dunkers, and you won't see the alley oops that puts crowds into a frenzy.

Having said that, I expect this series to be a ratings disaster. If the spurs move on, which it looks like they will after today's game, ratings will certainly be down for the finals.

Stern can't afford another referee scandal at this point in his career, which is why we see the spurs and grizz in the WC finals in the first place.

Stern doesn't care, he's already signed his way out after next season.

rgt584
05-20-2013, 07:26 PM
congrats to spurs they played good and took care of business...memphis d had a few breakdowns and turnovers that cost them in the begining and just couldnt catch up once spurs started knockin down the 3...still got memphis in 5 or 6 maybe 7