PDA

View Full Version : Did Knicks make a mistake?

DoMeFavors
05-18-2013, 11:41 PM
They went with a very old team and by the end of the year all of them had broken down and 2 of them had basically retired.
So was going old the wrong move?

SugeKnight
05-18-2013, 11:44 PM
What other choice did they have?

oak2455
05-18-2013, 11:47 PM
They didn't follow the blueprint for failure.... #azzclown

waveycrockett
05-18-2013, 11:48 PM
They screwed up when they gave JR Smith a license to do whatever the hell he wants. Ultimate team cancer that did the Knicks in

justinnum1
05-18-2013, 11:50 PM

nets have a brighter future than the knicks.

waveycrockett

That cause failing has been their area of expertise. They need no stinkin blueprint!

NYG+Braves
The whole team seems to "do w\e they want". Thats their biggest problem. Lets just pass the ball once and shoot from anywhere. Mine as well not even dribble it,just reboumd and throw it down the court.(sarcasm)

Kashmir13579
The Knicks did a lot better than any of you trolls thought they would.

Sucks going home earlier than expected but at least i don't root for the Nets.

PS what up Favors?

waveycrockett
05-18-2013, 11:52 PM

Not having James Dolan is a huge advantage for all 31 other teams too.

oak2455
05-18-2013, 11:53 PM

Dude your as clueless as anyone gets on this forum.... Go in the sun, it won't hurt :laugh:

DoMeFavors
05-18-2013, 11:54 PM

PS what up Favors?

Well to be fair to both teams the Nets have more younger talent and a future than the Knicks. Nets have a lifetime of Brook Lopez if they want. There is no young all star on the Knicks you can really look foward to for the next 10 plus years.

justinnum1
05-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Dude your as clueless as anyone gets on this forum.... Go in the sun, it won't hurt :laugh:

i'll take a core of dwill and lopez over melo and amare any day of the week :laugh:

BigBlueCrew
05-18-2013, 11:55 PM

Funny Phil Jackson didnt think so

Jets012
05-18-2013, 11:56 PM
No need to get salty Knicks fans. Two of your fans posted exact same threads when Brooklyn got eliminated. You guys are taking way too much joy in your 3 more playoff wins than Brooklyn.

DMF you lose troll points too on this thread. You would have gained some in my mind if you had only put, "Did Knicks make a mistake by trading for Melo?" That would have been a lot more effective. You're overrated DMF.

Nah but seriously. JR Smith and Melo on one team will never work. You literally need the perfect group of players to build around Melo and the Knicks aren't even close to that. I just can't see them doing anything significant as long as Melo is there. Jump shot basketball is cool and all in the regular season, but if you play even an average team in the postseason (Boston was straight trash), you're gonna have a tough time without moving the ball at all.

BigBlueCrew
05-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Well to be fair to both teams the Nets have more younger talent and a future than the Knicks. Nets have a lifetime of Brook Lopez if they want. There is no young all star on the Knicks you can really look foward to for the next 10 plus years.

Where did that get you? Except praise from that moron Charles Barkley.

JC_
05-18-2013, 11:57 PM

PS what up Favors?

Knicks should have atleast made this a 7 game series but they just keep underperforming. That team needs a brain transplant.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Where did that get you? Except praise from that moron Charles Barkley.

Barkley is a former MVP he has more of an opinion than any of us

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Barkley is a former MVP he has more of an opinion than any of us

If you want respect his opinion go ahead. I never listen to TNT pre, post or half time show.

I know you listen to him cuz "Brook got shafted from the all star game cuz Avery got fired", dont BS me

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:05 AM
If you want respect his opinion go ahead. I never listen to TNT pre, post or half time show.

I know you listen to him cuz "Brook got shafted from the all star game cuz Avery got fired", dont BS me

Those are former players talking 2 of which are among best of all time. If you want to listen to Jalen Rose, Broussard and Doris Burke go ahead.

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Those are former players talking 2 of which are among best of all time. If you want to listen to Jalen Rose, Broussard and Doris Burke go ahead.

Maybe I'll listen to Magic Johnson. Who is upset that Lebron doesnt have more commercials :D

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:07 AM
i'll take a core of dwill and lopez over melo and amare any day of the week :laugh:

Really showed how well that worked :laugh:

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:08 AM
One guy who starts a thread said he would never return if his team lost.... :laugh:

justinnum1
05-19-2013, 12:09 AM

bulls would have beat the knicks in 5:laugh:

siix
05-19-2013, 12:11 AM

true lol

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:13 AM

Things a troll says :laugh:

NYK|NYY
05-19-2013, 12:14 AM
I love how the Knicks, even when they are not even a very good team, ruffle peoples feathers. its fantastic!

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 12:14 AM
I love how the Knicks, even when they are not even a very good team, ruffle peoples feathers. its fantastic!

Mostly Miami & Nets fans :shrug:

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:15 AM

It's just a few one with 5000000000 billion post in 2 years and another who goes back on her word :laugh:

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Maybe I'll listen to Magic Johnson. Who is upset that Lebron doesnt have more commercials :D

What about Alan Hahn and Wally who will tell you exactly what you want to hear and if they say anything wrong with the Knicks they will be fired.

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 12:18 AM
What about Alan Hahn and Wally who will tell you exactly what you want to hear and if they say anything wrong with the Knicks they will be fired.

Explain first why you care when you supposedly have a team of your own. And then I will tell you my opinion on Alan Hahn and Wally.

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:18 AM

Actually they were ripping the Knicks post game tonight, surprised you missed that you being a Knick lover

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Dolan is somewhere doing an 8ball , has no idea the Knicks lost:laugh:

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Dolan is somewhere doing an 8ball , has no idea the Knicks lost:laugh:

He's probably out rocking his guitar with his crew.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Explain first why you care when you supposedly have a team of your own. And then I will tell you my opinion on Alan Hahn and Wally.

Care about what? I am a fan of basketball this is the playoffs I am commenting on a team.

NYK|NYY
05-19-2013, 12:22 AM

I don't understand.. they work for the Knicks, what the hell do you expect? You are completely ridiculous. Asinine. Some people really need to do themselves a favor and think about what exactly is they are saying and stop being blinded by some immature hate for team or their fans. The quality of PSD will improve 100fold.

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Care about what? I am a fan of basketball this is the playoffs I am commenting on a team.

Nah.....you just care when the Knicks are on. I didnt ever see you logged on when the Nets were on.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Actually they were ripping the Knicks post game tonight, surprised you missed that you being a Knick lover

They better watch what they say they would want to end up like Marv or that guy that Alan replaced last year

Knicks21
05-19-2013, 12:29 AM
I could build a mean post count if I rebutted to everything DMF says.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:29 AM
Nah.....you just care when the Knicks are on. I didnt ever see you logged on when the Nets were on.

It was a series I wanted to see, maybe I wasnt logged on because I wanted to watch the Nets game without looking at the internet or maybe I was at the game.

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:30 AM
They better watch what they say they would want to end up like Marv or that guy that Alan replaced last year

Marv bit his girlfriend .... Remember ??? Lawsuit ???? That's why Marv was replaced

GiantsSwaGG
05-19-2013, 12:33 AM

:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
05-19-2013, 12:34 AM

:laugh:

justinnum1
05-19-2013, 12:43 AM
:facepalm:

Well, knicks still dont have a #1 option, and no way to get one.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Marv bit his girlfriend .... Remember ??? Lawsuit ???? That's why Marv was replaced

Most of the teams you root for have biased people feeding you false info. Like Michael Kay one of the biggest homers in sports.

TrueFan420
05-19-2013, 12:44 AM
I didn't need to read anything other than the title to know the answer was yes

GiantsSwaGG
05-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Well, knicks still dont have a #1 option, and no way to get one.

Nets don't either, your #1 needed help. Hints Melo needs help, can't excuse his choking but he doesn't have a Wade or bosh to rely on.

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Most of the teams you root for have biased people feeding you false info. Like Michael Kay one of the biggest homers in sports.

So the question about Alan and Wally was just a ridiculous question? with no real meaning to the answer?

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 12:47 AM

I like Brook a lot as a player but he could break down physically.

If you're a Knick fan, at least we still have Shumpert, and all our bad contracts are coming off the books relatively soon. It really isn't the end of the world.

HeaTxRipZz
05-19-2013, 12:47 AM

Pretty sure there's 30 teams unless I missed 2 expansions?

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:48 AM

Yet what the fck does that matter they have heart and win ..... Yankees are a Well run machine

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Knicks should have atleast made this a 7 game series but they just keep underperforming. That team needs a brain transplant.

The Knicks took an absolute dump in the playoffs. My point is nobody thought the Knicks would win the division or get fifty-five wins. The trolls were wrong and now that we're eliminated they will attempt to pick up the pieces.

DoMeFavors

If you're a Knick fan, at least we still have Shumpert, and all our bad contracts are coming off the books relatively soon. It really isn't the end of the world.

He can defend and is athletic but already has a torn ACL. He also shoots very poor % from the floor. He needs to prove he can be a franchise type player before you say that.

oak2455

We probably figure a way to fck it up :laugh:

oak2455
05-19-2013, 12:50 AM
He can defend and is athletic but already has a torn ACL. He also shoots very poor % from the floor. He needs to prove he can be a franchise type player before you say that.

You need to watch more ball

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Yet what the fck does that matter they have heart and win ..... Yankees are a Well run machine

He defended them when they were just overpaid players who didnt care about winning 04-08. He still defends A-rod. He is never critical of that team you probably listen to his radio show the worst one on ESPN ny.

BigBlueCrew
Pretty sure there's 30 teams unless I missed 2 expansions?

yes....in his mind :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG

You have 3 more years with Joe and Wallace sucking.

HeaTxRipZz
05-19-2013, 12:52 AM

Rose, Westbrook and Rondo tore there's does that mean they are forever broken too? Or does that only apply to a player in a knicks uniform?

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 12:52 AM

He isn't a franchise type player, just an awesome athlete who plays great D.

His ACL is fine, trust me. If there was any doubt he nixed it with his awesome play at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Rose, Westbrook and Rondo tore there's does that mean they are forever broken too? Or does that only apply to a player in a knicks uniform?

I didnt know I was talking about those other teams. This is a thread about the Knicks.
Or does this thread about the Knicks apply to Rose,Westbrook and Rondo?

Knicks21
05-19-2013, 12:57 AM

Jamal Crawford, Baron Davis are success stories.

Shumpert looked great in the final game, not just looking at the box score but he had complete confidence in his knee and was very aggressive.

DMF is just having a hack.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 12:57 AM
He isn't a franchise type player, just an awesome athlete who plays great D.

His ACL is fine, trust me. If there was any doubt he nixed it with his awesome play at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

If his ACL is fine or not you really cant build around Shumpert.
He is lucky to be hidden by his offense with the talent he has around him. If he was on the Orlando Magic right now he would be shooting a horrible % and people would question if he has the ability to be good in this league.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 12:58 AM
For real though, i don't think the Knicks made a mistake with the old guys... We locked up a second seed and had a chance at a run to the ECF. Kidd was pretty much the only old player that failed us in the playoffs. JR and Chandler were the big reasons Indiana won.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 12:59 AM
He is lucky to be hidden by his offense with the talent he has around him. If he was on the Orlando Magic right now he would be shooting a horrible % and people would question if he has the ability to be good in this league.

Favors, i never said you build around Shumpert. You know i never said that.

Its my fault for trying to have a legitimate discussion with you. You can't troll me.

ewing
05-19-2013, 01:01 AM
For real though, i don't think the Knicks made a mistake with the old guys... We locked up a second seed and had a chance at a run to the ECF. Kidd was pretty much the only old player that failed us in the playoffs. JR and Chandler were the big reasons Indiana won.

It was always a worry though. No contribution from Kidd, Smith, Chandler, or Amare and i mean none is not something they saw coming

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:02 AM

Kurt and Rasheed retired at the end of the year
Kidd went 10 straight games without scoring in the post season
Pablo was good id say I say he was a good signing.
Quinten Richardson made no sense
Kmart was good but fell off a bit in playoffs
Marcus Camby I cant even remember him playing one good game this year.
Amare isnt old but has had a long career and he broke down yet again.
Tyson another old player in terms of NBA years had hurt his neck.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Favors, i never said you build around Shumpert. You know i never said that.

Its my fault for trying to have a legitimate discussion with you. You can't troll me.

I really would like to have a real discussion with you, I remember you back in the early 2011 days.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:03 AM
It was always a worry though. No contribution from Kidd, Smith, Chandler, or Amare and i mean none is not something they saw coming

It was a worry, but in the end it wasn't age that failed us.

I agree.

NYK|NYY
05-19-2013, 01:05 AM
The sad part is I think 60% of DoMeFavor's post are aimed at devaluing the Knicks. I can't believe someone wastes that much time with a franchise that hasn't had success in god knows how long. Sad.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:06 AM
The sad part is I think 60% of DoMeFavor's post are aimed at devaluing the Knicks. I can't believe someone wastes that much time with a franchise that hasn't had success in god knows how long. Sad.

I do not at all.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Kurt and Rasheed retired at the end of the year
Both players largely irrelevant to our season and playoff run.

Kidd went 10 straight games without scoring in the post season
Yep.

Pablo was good id say I say he was a good signing.
Pablo should've gotten more minutes.

Quinten Richardson made no sense
Sure it did. Rasheed retired and Richardson was available to fill out the bench.

Kmart was good but fell off a bit in playoffs
Kmart played like Kmart in the playoffs. He played his *** off.

Marcus Camby I cant even remember him playing one good game this year.Camby is irrelevant to our season. You show serious lack of perspective bringing him up. Only dullards will fall for this weak attempt at trolling.

Amare isnt old but has had a long career and he broke down yet again. Irrelevant to our season.

Tyson another old player in terms of NBA years had hurt his neck.
:laugh2:

I really would like to have a real discussion with you, I remember you back in the early 2011 days.

I remember you too, you haven't changed much lol

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Both players largely irrelevant to our season and playoff run.

Yep.

Pablo should've gotten more minutes.

Sure it did. Rasheed retired and Richardson was available to fill out the bench.

Kmart played like Kmart in the playoffs. He played his *** off.
Camby is irrelevant to our season. You show serious lack of perspective. Only dullards will fall for this weak attempt at trolling.
Irrelevant to our season.

I remember you too, you haven't changed much lol

Most of those are relavent to the season since you cant count on them to fill in for guys if they went down and the roster spot could have been used for more depth. Ronnie Brewer was treated like dirt and he would have been useful this playoff series over one of the old guys.

HeaTxRipZz
05-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Most of those are relavent to the season since you cant count on them to fill in for guys if they went down and the roster spot could have been used for more depth. Ronnie Brewer was treated like dirt and he would have been useful this playoff series over one of the old guys.

Over what old guy? Most of the old guys were PF/C's. Ronnie Brewer is a 2 guard with a terrible jump shot. Wouldn't have helped anything subbing in for JR

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Over what old guy? Most of the old guys were PF/C's. Ronnie Brewer is a 2 guard with a terrible jump shot. Wouldn't have helped anything subbing in for JR

still was starting on Knicks best stretch of season, he shouldnt have been used as a spot up shooter but a cutter. Ronnie is the type of vet that helps you that isnt 30+ years old.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:18 AM

The point is we had an unequivocally successful season. When we did falter and underperform, it wasn't our older players that cost us. (Kidd being the obvious exception)

HeaTxRipZz
still was starting on Knicks best stretch of season, he shouldnt have been used as a spot up shooter but a cutter. Ronnie is the type of vet that helps you that isnt 30+ years old.

I admit I would rather him over Q-Rich but with that said there wasn't anywhere to play him given the rotations. We screwed up not getting Tyson a back up that Woodson would actually play. We signed Camby to that crazy contract to not even play him

Kashmir13579

Brewer helped OKC a lot didn't he?

Oh Favors.....

ewing
05-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Some young legs might have helped butthe knicks have done a good job finding guys to fill out the roaster though the last couple years. Pablo, Cope, Lin, Novak, Mozzy. How many guys can you find?. i would have like lou amundson, Bird man, and Bobby brown but how much can you do? The front office did a pretty good job even in retrospect.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:21 AM
The point is we had an unequivocally successful season. When we did falter and underperform, it wasn't our older players that cost us. (Kidd being the obvious exception)

You can say that but the fact that those older players were a huge reason Knicks won 54 games especially Kidd and Rasheed early on. Later in the playoffs the lack of depth that Woodson had to use since it wasnt the team that blew out Miami early on.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:23 AM

Oh Favors.....

no but he helped Utah and Chicago and NY when he played. in OKC the coach already had his rotation. Woodson just hated the fact that Ronnie couldnt hit 3s on a 3 point shooting team. If you saw the steals that Ronnie got early on for the Knicks and the passes he assisted on to players you would understand he helped.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:28 AM
no but he helped Utah and Chicago and NY when he played. in OKC the coach already had his rotation. Woodson just hated the fact that Ronnie couldnt hit 3s on a 3 point shooting team. If you saw the steals that Ronnie got early on for the Knicks and the passes he assisted on to players you would understand he helped.
So did we.

I know you're not interested in facts, but if you look at +/- and Net48 early on in the season, Brewer was holding us back.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:30 AM
You can say that but the fact that those older players were a huge reason Knicks won 54 games especially Kidd and Rasheed early on. Later in the playoffs the lack of depth that Woodson had to use since it wasnt the team that blew out Miami early on.
Kidd was a big reason we won 54 games. Rasheed, not so much. Woodson had depth, he just chose not to use it. For instance, failing to play Copeland and Prigioni big minutes until game five when we were already in a deep hole.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Some young legs might have helped butthe knicks have done a good job finding guys to fill out the roaster though the last couple years. Pablo, Cope, Lin, Novak, Mozzy. How many guys can you find?. i would have like lou amundson, Bird man, and Bobby brown but how much can you do? The front office did a pretty good job even in retrospect.

Totally agree. As pissed off as i am about the loss, you can't overstate the job Grun did putting this team in position for a decent run. He did everything except hit JRs open shots for him.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:32 AM
So did we.

I know you're not interested in facts, but if you look at +/- and Net48 early on in the season, Brewer was holding us back.

I am but it sounds to me like you are just doing everything you can to defend your Knicks and this season. Not even admiting Ronnie helped the Knicks is pretty weird to me. The Kidd at the 2 and Ronnie at the 3 were playing good defense for your team. One was taken out of the rotation and the other just broke down. Tyson was playing good defense aswell. So the starting 5 had 3 good smart defenders and that helped Melo out.

Rndy
05-19-2013, 01:33 AM

Oh Favors.....

He would have if used right. NYK didn't use him very well and once Iman came back they really didn't need him. Hopefully he comes back to CHI at min to back up Deng.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Totally agree. As pissed off as i am about the loss, you can't overstate the job Grun did putting this team in position for a decent run. He did everything except hit JRs open shots for him.

and Kidd and Camby for 2 more years a piece and other guys only getting older. Where do you go from here? No room to improve and you are saying good job. Good job for 54 wins and a 2nd round exit is losers mentality.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:36 AM
He would have if used right. NYK didn't use him very well and once Iman came back they really didn't need him. Hopefully he comes back to CHI at min to back up Deng.

I like Ronnie. He just wasn't a great fit here.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:42 AM
I am but it sounds to me like you are just doing everything you can to defend your Knicks and this season. Not even admiting Ronnie helped the Knicks is pretty weird to me. The Kidd at the 2 and Ronnie at the 3 were playing good defense for your team. One was taken out of the rotation and the other just broke down. Tyson was playing good defense aswell. So the starting 5 had 3 good smart defenders and that helped Melo out.
Favors, you are doing everything to discredit the Knicks and this season. And you're doing a shoddy job at it. If you want to make fun of Chandler, JR, and Kidd for choking big-time, go for it, but thats as far as you'll get with me.

and Kidd and Camby for 2 more years a piece and other guys only getting older. Where do you go from here? No room to improve and you are saying good job. Good job for 54 wins and a 2nd round exit is losers mentality.
Those guys are done and will retire. Camby definitely, Kidd might have another year as a glue guy in him. (which isn't the end of the world by any means)

You are right that we'll probably hover around mediocrity for the next couple years, but that doesn't change the great job Grun did giving us a run at it this year. And like i told you earlier, we still love Shumpert, and the bad contracts are off the books in a couple years. Thats realist mentality.

You can't troll me bro.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Favors, you are doing everything to discredit the Knicks and this season. And you're doing a shoddy job at it. If you want to make fun of Chandler, JR, and Kidd for choking big-time, go for it, but thats as far as you'll get with me.

Those guys are done and will retire. Camby definitely, Kidd might have another year as a glue guy in him. (which isn't the end of the world by any means)

You are right that we'll probably hover around mediocrity for the next couple years, but that doesn't change the great job Grun did giving us a run at it this year. And like i told you earlier, we still love Shumpert, and the bad contracts are off the books in a couple years. Thats realist mentality.

You can't troll me bro.

I am not trying to troll you at all, we both agree that Grunwald has found young talent through free agency and draft picks over the last years. But the old vet thing I dont know if that was his call wasnt a great move. He can def find talent that can contribute I dont have to list the names you know who they are. But giving up MLE for Kidd and young guys plus picks for Camby wasnt a good move.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Both the Nets and the Knicks made similar mistakes. Both tried to do anything they could to keep up with Miami, and be a contender, by just throwing money around. Both are basically screwed with the same foundation the next 2-3 years, and neither is presently a contender. With such little wiggle room, they just have to hope that Miami or Indiana has internal injuries or issues to have a chance.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Both the Nets and the Knicks made similar mistakes. Both tried to do anything they could to keep up with Miami, and be a contender, by just throwing money around. Both are basically screwed with the same foundation the next 2-3 years, and neither is presently a contender. With such little wiggle room, they just have to hope that Miami or Indiana has internal injuries or issues to have a chance.

I know you dont like when people disagree with you but you are dead wrong about the Nets part. The Knicks part you have a point tho.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 01:56 AM
I know you dont like when people disagree with you but you are dead wrong about the Nets part. The Knicks part you have a point tho.

No, I am not dead wrong. Please enlighten me on how you plan on doing anything with a roster that is locked into a young, good center, a PG who hasn't been top 5 in three years, an overpaid SG who goes ghost the moment the playoffs start, and an aged SF whose best days are clearly behind him? All to the tune of $62-67 million per year for those 4 players?

You have your team. A 45-50 team that is 2nd round knockout ideally. Similar to, the Knicks.

And I don't care if someone disagrees with me, I just generally prefer they have a well thought out argument, or rebuttal, versus the norm on the NBA forum, which is insults, bringing up things that have nothing to do with the conversation, and acting like a 12 year old.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 01:59 AM
We're screwed with the same foundation for the next two years thank you very much. :D

It was worth it though. If JR and Chandler don't go ghost in the playoffs we would be playing Miami and at least made things interesting.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:59 AM
No, I am not dead wrong. Please enlighten me on how you plan on doing anything with a roster that is locked into a young, good center, a PG who hasn't been top 5 in three years, an overpaid SG who goes ghost the moment the playoffs start, and an aged SF whose best days are clearly behind him? All to the tune of $62-67 million per year for those 4 players?

You have your team. A 45-50 team that is 2nd round knockout ideally. Similar to, the Knicks.

And I don't care if someone disagrees with me, I just generally prefer they have a well thought out argument, or rebuttal, versus the norm on the NBA forum, which is insults, bringing up things that have nothing to do with the conversation, and acting like a 12 year old.

The Humphries deal can be traded, Nets can draft players that help us, also use mini MLE to get some guys here. No reason this Nets team cant get to the finals with another year together.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:00 AM
We're screwed with the same foundation for the next two years thank you very much. :D

It was worth it though. If JR and Chandler don't go ghost in the playoffs we would be playing Miami and at least made things interesting.

Well, it is the east. Getting hot at the right time can help, I just don't think the Knicks have the makeup currently. They do at least get out of their nightmare a bit quicker, no doubt.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:00 AM

Oh, Favors...

He will never learn...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-19-2013, 02:01 AM

Pretty much this. It also doesn't help that both teams have pretty unstellar coaches.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:02 AM
The Humphries deal can be traded, Nets can draft players that help us, also use mini MLE to get some guys here. No reason this Nets team cant get to the finals with another year together.

I didn't even include Humphries. What exactly do you think you can get for him?

You have what you have dude. Unless Lopez morphs into the best center in the game, you are relegated to 2nd round and out, unless you run into some luck with the other teams going through injuries, or just not showing up (Knicks in round 2, though many Knicks fans don't like to accept they just faced the best defense in the game).

markh42
05-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Of course this thread was started my do me Favors. Secret knicks crush

justinnum1
05-19-2013, 02:03 AM

dont forget chicago.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Well, it is the east. Getting hot at the right time can help, I just don't think the Knicks have the makeup currently. They do at least get out of their nightmare a bit quicker, no doubt.
You underestimated the Knicks going into the season, i think. This was our year if we were going to do anything.
Its easy to say we didn't have the make-up this year when two of our three best players took an inexplicable and monumental dump come playoff time, but things might've gone differently in a parallel universe.

Kashmir13579
Pretty much this. It also doesn't help that both teams have pretty unstellar coaches.

I didn't know just how bad Woodson was until the playoffs came around.

DoMeFavors
I didn't even include Humphries. What exactly do you think you can get for him?

You have what you have dude. Unless Lopez morphs into the best center in the game, you are relegated to 2nd round and out, unless you run into some luck with the other teams going through injuries, or just not showing up (Knicks in round 2, though many Knicks fans don't like to accept they just faced the best defense in the game).

Well I am sorry but I cannot take you seriously when you have admited you are biased against NY teams because of the way the fans are. I think you are jealous that they can afford to pay for good teams while your team is small market cheap.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:07 AM
dont forget chicago.

Not even close. They still have their amnesty, and have some dude named Rose coming back. They and Indiana are the only ones that have a chance, and a legit one, to take out Miami.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:07 AM
I am not trying to troll you at all, we both agree that Grunwald has found young talent through free agency and draft picks over the last years. But the old vet thing I dont know if that was his call wasnt a great move. He can def find talent that can contribute I dont have to list the names you know who they are. But giving up MLE for Kidd and young guys plus picks for Camby wasnt a good move.We've already done this. Despite the Camby pick-up he was irrelevant to our season and postseason woes. Starting to sound like a broken record Favors, i think you're running out of fluff.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Not even close. They still have their amnesty, and have some dude named Rose coming back. They and Indiana are the only ones that have a chance, and a legit one, to take out Miami.
Chicago is just a team that is run the right way.. I don't see them going anywhere as long as they have Thibbs at the helm.. I hate them because i have to, but deep down i really do admire the way the play.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Well I am sorry but I cannot take you seriously when you have admited you are biased against NY teams because of the way the fans are. I think you are jealous that they can afford to pay for good teams while your team is small market cheap.

checkmate

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:10 AM
We've already done this. Despite the Camby pick-up he was irrelevant to our season and postseason woes. Starting to sound like a broken record Favors, i think you're running out of fluff.

I am really trying to have a conversation just everytime someone says something you dont like its a troll to you. For the Camby thing im saying that hurts your future because the Knicks gave up assets for basically nothing.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:11 AM
You underestimated the Knicks going into the season, i think. This was our year if we were going to do anything.
Its easy to say we didn't have the make-up this year when two of our three best players took an inexplicable and monumental dump come playoff time, but things might've gone differently in a parallel universe.

I did underestimate them, but only slightly. But I didn't expect such a good year from Smith, and I didn't think the east would be that bad man. 54 wins EASILY won the #2 seed. Cmon

Hawkeye15
Chicago is just a team that is run the right way.. I don't see them going anywhere as long as they have Thibbs at the helm.. I hate them because i have to, but deep down i really do admire the way the play.

I know man, and I hate playing against them, and my team is out west. They would infuriate me if I were you.

DoMeFavors
checkmate

it is part of the conversation since that leads me to believe you are putting a biased opinion into this thread.
you state facts when you want to but other times people see you are a homer and biased.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:12 AM
I am really trying to have a conversation just everytime someone says something you dont like its a troll to you. For the Camby thing im saying that hurts your future because the Knicks gave up assets for basically nothing.
We've already done this. If this is all you got then i think this conversation has run its course.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:13 AM
I did underestimate them, but only slightly. But I didn't expect such a good year from Smith, and I didn't think the east would be that bad man. 54 wins EASILY won the #2 seed. Cmon
Thats true enough.

I know man, and I hate playing against them, and my team is out west. They would infuriate me if I were you.
lol you have no idea bro..

I don't think we beat them once this season and little Nate Robinson was running circles around us and doing the Novak belt...

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:14 AM
checkmate
haha

Got him.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:14 AM
it is part of the conversation since that leads me to believe you are putting a biased opinion into this thread.
you state facts when you want to but other times people see you are a homer and biased.

provide examples please. I take pride in being about as rational as it gets. Its just basketball man.

I am indifferent to either NY team. Why would I be biased? Now, that is a rhetorical question, so don't go hurting your head thinking too much about the next off topic post. Here, I can do it for you:

Kevin Love is a stat stuffer and overrated.

We can move on now, right?

Jarvo
05-19-2013, 02:16 AM
They ****ed up given Amare all that money.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:16 AM
provide examples please. I take pride in being about as rational as it gets. Its just basketball man.

I am indifferent to either NY team. Why would I be biased? Now, that is a rhetorical question, so don't go hurting your head thinking too much about the next off topic post. Here, I can do it for you:

Kevin Love is a stat stuffer and overrated.

We can move on now, right?

No but that is an example of some of your biased material. I like your posts that talk about non ny teams and the twolves. Except sometimes when it is so obvious when you are trying to make it seem like you arent being biased to the wolves.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:18 AM
They ****ed up given Amare all that money.

The ****ed up part about this is the guy who gave Amar'e all that money was sitting in the stands tonight as a member of the Indiana franchise..

If that isn't irony i don't know what is.

markh42
05-19-2013, 02:19 AM
No but that is an example of some of your biased material. I like your posts that talk about non ny teams and the twolves. Except sometimes when it is so obvious when you are trying to make it seem like you arent being biased to the wolves.

I'm getting dumber just reading your posts. You don't make any sense

CavsYanksDuke
05-19-2013, 02:19 AM

PS what up Favors?

LMAO for defending this team. All the stars and talent are aging and yet you think they're better than the Nets? The only guy aging on the Nets is Joe and he's not ancient.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:20 AM
The ****ed up part about this is the guy who gave Amar'e all that money was sitting in the stands tonight as a member of the Indiana franchise..

If that isn't irony i don't know what is.

Dolan did want any type of star from that free agency. Just like he wanted Melo by just giving up all those guys when it could have been easier.

Hawkeye15

please provide examples. Good luck man.

Kashmir13579
Dolan did want any type of star from that free agency. Just like he wanted Melo by just giving up all those guys when it could have been easier.

Irrelevant.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:22 AM
Irrelevant.

So was it Dolan? or was it Walsh?

NYK|NYY
DoMeFavors' posts would seem more believable if he weren't defending the Nets' roster in the same breath he ridicules the Knicks. Quite hilarious.

Kashmir13579
LMAO for defending this team. All the stars and talent are aging and yet you think they're better than the Nets? The only guy aging on the Nets is Joe and he's not ancient.

I never said anything about being "better" than the Nets..

I said at least i don't root for the Nets. I already root for two second fiddle teams in NY, i'd be cursed to have to root for three.

If you want to know what i really think than read my posts on the last few pages..

DoMeFavors
please provide examples. Good luck man.

This isnt a Im right your wrong type of thing, its just something I noticed.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:24 AM
So was it Dolan? or was it Walsh?

Don't know what you're reaching for right now but i'm sure its as easily disputable as everything else you've posted in this thread.

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:25 AM
This isnt a Im right your wrong type of thing, its just something I noticed.

Except you are more often than not wrong by committee.

I'm ducking out of here. Enjoy Favors...

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Don't know what you're reaching for right now but i'm sure its as easily disputable as everything else you've posted in this thread.

I am just commenting on your post regarding Walsh who put you in this position to have these guys when right now you could still be in the awful cap hell you were in mid to late 2000s

Kashmir13579
05-19-2013, 02:49 AM
I am just commenting on your post regarding Walsh who put you in this position to have these guys when right now you could still be in the awful cap hell you were in mid to late 2000s

LOL what is your comment then?

FreshAir84
05-19-2013, 09:51 AM

you can say that about 80% of the league. A lot of players success is dependent on role,fit,timing,luck etc.

koreancabbage
05-19-2013, 09:58 AM
unless these Knicks fans recant everything they talked about before and during the season about denying the age of the team. Realistically, only Jason Kidd played (non effectively) during the playoffs and after a long season, it would have been foolish for any Knicks fan to believe Kidd or any of the old guys could perform brilliantly in the playoffs. They boasted Eastern Conference finals but everyone knew better.

It was one or the other on what would happen first. Woodson is a regular season coach who can't coach to get past the 2nd round or Melo would be out in the first round again.

justinnum1
05-19-2013, 11:13 AM

you said "With such little wiggle room, they just have to hope that Miami or Indiana has internal injuries or issues to have a chance."

you forget to add chicago there...

smith&wesson
05-19-2013, 11:32 AM
That team needs to amnesty amare and get some better talent ... Your not gonna win with Melo and a bunch of canes and wheel chairs.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 12:43 PM
you said "With such little wiggle room, they just have to hope that Miami or Indiana has internal injuries or issues to have a chance."

you forget to add chicago there...

I touched on them later, and yes, they belong in the top tier once Rose and crew are healthy.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 12:43 PM
That team needs to amnesty amare and get some better talent ... Your not gonna win with Melo and a bunch of canes and wheel chairs.

They used their amnesty on Billups.....

hence why I said both teams are stuck financially for the near future.

quade36
05-19-2013, 12:58 PM
So I know there are 5,000 Knick threads both from Knick fans and haters. I'll say this. The expectations were for them to at least make it to the eastern conference finals. They were ranked the second best eastern conference team before the season started. So they did not live up to their expectations. The future doesn't look bright considering the Nets are getting better, the Pacers are solid, the Bulls will rebound, and the Heat are the Heat. They have to hope for Amare to rebound and Shumpert gets to the point every Knick fan assumes he will.

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 01:00 PM
They used their amnesty on Billups.....

hence why I said both teams are stuck financially for the near future.

Nets have good Euro stash, 12 Million expiring contract, the stretch provision, young players who if developed properly will be solid players/assets and Andray Blatche who has shown he has allstar level talent at the PF position just needs maturity which he has shown. Alot more flexibility than you are led to believe.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Nets have good Euro stash, 12 Million expiring contract, the stretch provision, young players who if developed properly will be solid players and Andray Blatche who has shown he has allstar level talent at the PF position just needs maturity which he has shown. Alot more flexibility than you are led to believe.

A $12 million expiring that will fetch you what? Blatche is where you are pinning your hopes on development? He isn't an all star caliber player, never will be.

You have zero financial flexibility for the next 2 years.

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 01:07 PM
A $12 million expiring that will fetch you what? Blatche is where you are pinning your hopes on development? He isn't an all star caliber player, never will be.

A 12 MM expiring can always fetch something valuable. You know this especially with teams deadly afraid of the tax penalty. Blatche Certainly has the talent. His per 36 #'s certainly show this. Pinning hopes on Blatche? Absolutely not. Allstar PG returning to full health and put in a good offensive system along with continued development of our 25 year old Allstar Center. "Financial Flexibility" is something the Nets will always have with our owner, maybe not in the FA market but FA is overrated anyway.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:17 PM

The team already proved to be basically a 50 win team in year 1, chemistry will only get better and Deron won have the first half of the season he had. Also a good coach will help aswell. The team will be better next year, id say 58-63 wins and a 1st or 2nd seed. We have much room to improve this offseason unlike the Knicks.

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 01:18 PM
The team already proved to be basically a 50 win team in year 1, chemistry will only get better and Deron won have the first half of the season he had. Also a good coach will help aswell. The team will be better next year, id say 58-63 wins and a 1st or 2nd seed. We have much room to improve this offseason unlike the Knicks.
lol your hilarious

east fb knicks
05-19-2013, 01:27 PM
well I for one am happy how far my knicks got this year and as far as the nets having a better future that's bs ALL OF OUR CONTRACTS ARE OFF THE BOOKS IN TWO YEARS LEAVING US WITH ENOUGH CAP SPACE TO FINALLY PAIR MELO UP WITH ANOTHER STAR LIKE K LOVE OR EVEN KYRIE IRVING SO ALL YOU HATERS CAN HATE ON THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:33 PM
well I for one am happy how far my knicks got this year and as far as the nets having a better future that's bs ALL OF OUR CONTRACTS ARE OFF THE BOOKS IN TWO YEARS LEAVING US WITH ENOUGH CAP SPACE TO FINALLY PAIR MELO UP WITH ANOTHER STAR LIKE K LOVE OR EVEN KYRIE IRVING SO ALL YOU HATERS CAN HATE ON THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyrie will be a RFA and Cleveland is going to match it, there are no top talent guys that can help Melo in 2 years in Free Agency. Knicks are screwed they need to set Melo free to the Clippers.

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 01:36 PM

These guys dont listen. Promising Euros :laugh:

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 01:48 PM
As opposed to promising.... 40 year olds? :laugh2:

east fb knicks
05-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Kyrie will be a RFA and Cleveland is going to match it, there are no top talent guys that can help Melo in 2 years in Free Agency. Knicks are screwed they need to set Melo free to the Clippers.

ummmmm I blatantly said KEVIN LOVE who probably would be the better pick for us because of his rebounding and being the ultimate stretch 4 his game would fit with melos perfect

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 01:53 PM
As opposed to promising.... 40 year olds? :laugh2:

that was clever :clap: no real response?

tr3ymill3r
05-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Go ahead and make fun and I'm not trolling when I say this, but the Knicks would have been better off with all of those guys from the Nuggets and Mike D'antoni.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 01:59 PM
ummmmm I blatantly said KEVIN LOVE who probably would be the better pick for us because of his rebounding and being the ultimate stretch 4 his game would fit with melos perfect

good luck on Love!

east fb knicks
05-19-2013, 02:03 PM
good luck on Love!

thank you im not saying its guaranteed it just called flexibility something the nets don't have for like 5 years :D

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:06 PM

jesus dude.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:08 PM
A 12 MM expiring can always fetch something valuable. You know this especially with teams deadly afraid of the tax penalty. Blatche Certainly has the talent. His per 36 #'s certainly show this. Pinning hopes on Blatche? Absolutely not. Allstar PG returning to full health and put in a good offensive system along with continued development of our 25 year old Allstar Center. "Financial Flexibility" is something the Nets will always have with our owner, maybe not in the FA market but FA is overrated anyway.

So you are pinning your hopes on someone sending you a productive player for Hump's expiring.
You are pinning your hopes on Blatche becoming an all star talent.
You are pinning your hopes on Deron's 20ish game sample size trumping his previous 160 games.

By all means, I am not trying to sound like an a-hole, but you are really hoping for best case scenario in every facet of your teams flexibility and development. I can only say good luck man.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:10 PM

even if they had their amnesty and used it on JJ, they are still well over the cap. I don't get how they think they have any financial wiggle room for at least 2 years, when some of the albatross contracts become expirings. And even then, those aren't what they used to be.

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 02:10 PM
So you are pinning your hopes on someone sending you a productive player for Hump's expiring.
You are pinning your hopes on Deron's 20ish game sample size trumping his previous 160 games.

By all means, I am not trying to sound like an a-hole, but you are really hoping for best case scenario in every facet of your teams flexibility and development. I can only say good luck man.
20ish games? You must be trolling.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 02:12 PM
20ish games? You must be trolling.

Did I miss 5-10? I am not trolling. Post all star break, Deron had some flashes of top 5 PG again. What about the previous 2.5 seasons? Do Nets fans really think they have a top 5 PG?

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:16 PM
thank you im not saying its guaranteed it just called flexibility something the nets don't have for like 5 years :D

Joe,Gerald,Brook and Deron if he opts out in 3 years are off the books. Thats like 75 million off the books.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:17 PM

thats exactly what it sounds like you are trying to be

BigBlueCrew
05-19-2013, 02:18 PM
thats exactly what it sounds like you are trying to be

awwww, did he hurt your feelings with the truth?

KnickaBocka.44
05-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Joe,Gerald,Brook and Deron if he opts out in 3 years are off the books. Thats like 75 million off the books.

Why would they opt-out of a dynasty? :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Why would they opt-out of a dynasty? :laugh2:

Not they, Deron. Maybe he would want more money. Thats what players do.

D-Leethal
05-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Its hard to say it was a mistake when the team was so much better than they were last year. I think it worked as a one year experiment and hopefully whatever stability the vets brought to the lockeroom can be retained when we retool around some younger guys hopefully.

Knicks have options to get better, we don't need an overhaul, we just need to make some tweaks to alleviate the problems we have with power teams like Indy and Chicago. We match up well with most teams, just not the power teams.

We will have playoff Shumpert all year next year except he will be one year better and fully healthy starting in training camp. We will have our first rounder who's hopefully a backup combo guard to add some speed to the roster. Hopefully Copeland is back with a full time role off the bench. That alone will make us better. Knicks played nowhere near their peak that we saw this season and we still had a shot to make the ECF. All you can ask for out East is a punchers chance in a series vs Miami, Knicks are capable of getting their. Road will be tougher but the East teams are built on depth, not really star power outside of Miami. Knicks will be competing again next year and the year after that.

Every year theres a freak injury, who the hell knows what it will be next year but the Knicks aren't going anywhere and will give themselves a shot to make the ECF again, it will be tougher with Chicago back to being elite next year but all you can ask for is a shot at it. Nobody besides Miami can guarantee themselves into the conference finals.

KnickaBocka.44
05-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Not they, Deron. Maybe he would want more money. Thats what players do.

He wont be getting paid like he is now ever again.

IndyRealist
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM

Not gonna read all 11 pages to see if anyone already noted it, just want to point out that the NBA has 30 teams, the NFL has 32.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-19-2013, 05:29 PM
this thread :guns:Brooklyn vs Knicks

soonabooma
05-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Tyson Chandler was the problem. The dude can't do anything to help a team. I think New York should trade him to OKC immediately so he can play with Westbrook, Durant, and Serge Ibaka.

farren.louis
05-19-2013, 08:25 PM
they just need amare

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Did I miss 5-10? I am not trolling. Post all star break, Deron had some flashes of top 5 PG again. What about the previous 2.5 seasons? Do Nets fans really think they have a top 5 PG?

Okay so we are ignoring the 4-5 years of ELITE top-10 production he had in Utah and his 1.5 years of Very good individual #'s he put in NJ surrounded by Garbage? Thats why I assume your trolling. He was CLEARLY injured 3/4 of the NBA regular season and played thru it. Every and any NBA analysts worth their weight in salt acknowledged that as the basis for his poor play the majority of the year. I know you see yourself as an NBA connoisseur which is why it puzzles me that you refuse to accept that and believe that he somehow lost all his talent during the prime of his athletic career and attribute his bump in production with career norms as a flash in the pan. Dwill has nothing to prove.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Okay so we are ignoring the 4-5 years of ELITE top-10 production he had in Utah and his 1.5 years of Very good individual #'s he put in NJ surrounded by Garbage? Thats why I assume your trolling. He was CLEARLY injured 3/4 of the NBA regular season and played thru it. Every and any NBA analysts worth their weight in salt acknowledged that as the basis for his poor play the majority of the year. I know you see yourself as an NBA connoisseur which is why it puzzles me that you refuse to accept that and believe that he somehow lost all his talent during the prime of his athletic career and attribute his bump in production with career norms as a flash in the pan. Dwill has nothing to prove.

No, I don't actually. It took me well over a year to drop Deron from #2 to #6-8 as far as PG's go. I am a man of sample size. Whether it be injury, coaching change (ding ding), or whatever you desire, Deron has not sniffed top 5 PG in well over 2 years. Therefore, I personally need to see him play as such for an entire year, not 20ish games to close the season in the easiest conference I have seen in years.

If you think he has nothing to prove, then prepare for constant disappointment from your team man. As a Nets fan, I would be screaming for Deron to prove he is the same player who once actually was mentioned in Chris Paul's category.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Thought DoMeFavors was retiring?

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 10:55 PM
No, I don't actually. It took me well over a year to drop Deron from #2 to #6-8 as far as PG's go. I am a man of sample size. Whether it be injury, coaching change (ding ding), or whatever you desire, Deron has not sniffed top 5 PG in well over 2 years. Therefore, I personally need to see him play as such for an entire year, not 20ish games to close the season in the easiest conference I have seen in years.

If you think he has nothing to prove, then prepare for constant disappointment from your team man. As a Nets fan, I would be screaming for Deron to prove he is the same player who once actually was mentioned in Chris Paul's category.

If I took what you said at face value That would make Deron the first player in NBA history to go from perennial allstar/olympian/acknowleged elite player to barely above average at his position during the prime of his athletic career without ever having suffered a major injury. He would be proof aliens exist and are stealing away the talents of NBA players.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-19-2013, 11:01 PM
And as a knick fan I am very happy with the progress we have made, and with another offseason under our belt we will only get better.. Shump will progress, if J Kidd doesnt retire his minutes will be lowered so he isnt exhausted come the playoffs. Amare will continue to play well for a month then get injured he is done. we need some bigs who can rebound this offseason and a quick pg off the bench who we should target in the draft. Also I have full faith in Grunwald to bring in some more Lin, Cope, Prig FA gems.

Krizzle88
05-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Only mistake they did was giving amare old broke down washed up *** 100 million

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 11:21 PM
If I took what you said at face value That would make Deron the first player in NBA history to go from perennial allstar/olympian/acknowleged elite player to barely above average at his position during the prime of his athletic career without ever having suffered a major injury. He would be proof aliens exist and are stealing away the talents of NBA players.

put words in my mouth much?

waveycrockett
05-19-2013, 11:23 PM
put words in my mouth much?

No just stating irrefutable facts

Hawkeye15
05-19-2013, 11:30 PM
No just stating irrefutable facts

Not really man. You completely skipped over my points, and made an assumption, and worse, an accusation. Where on earth did I say Deron was average? Please, point it out to me. I said, Deron went from a top 3 PG, to a top 7-8, with a lot to prove. If you don't think he needs to prove himself as a Nets fan, again, have fun man. If Deron were my PG, making that money, and knowing what he USED TO BE, I would expect a lot more. But please, continue putting words in my mouth, instead of responding to each sentence/thought.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Amare of 2010 could maybe take Miami down with Melo

JasonJohnHorn
05-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Well... the Knicks didn't have a lot of options for filling out the roster spots... they did what they had to do. Vets can help a lot, but I mean, even their rookies were old.... lol