PDA

View Full Version : We Should Boycott Any Team That Signs Jason Collins

NetsFan6969
05-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Jason Collins was clearly on his way out of the NBA and into retirement because nobody in the league would want him. He's so bad now he can't even get minutes on the horrible Wizards. Now he makes his little announcement and you just know he's gonna get an NBA job for next year that he doesn't deserve because the LGBT community and Liberal America would freak out if he didn't get a job claiming some sort of anti-gay bias. My solution is to boycott whatever team inevitably signs him for stealing a job from a more deserving player. By boycott I mean don't go to any games of that team or watch them on TV. Let the gay guy play in front of empty arenas. Are we even totally sure he's gay or could this all be a plan to stay in the league a little longer?

joshhorvath
05-18-2013, 08:17 PM
wow, this is pretty rude actually.. hope a mod removes this thread. Why boycott if he gets a job, if he fits into a teams plan, then he deserves it. And boycotting just because he's a homosexual, no sir, just pure ignorance by you.

JeffG20
05-18-2013, 08:22 PM
How about No, Bigot.

its people like this that players are afraid to come out. Couldn't care less about his timing or circumstances of it

JeffG20
05-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Probably a dupe as well

flea
05-18-2013, 08:25 PM
This guy is pretty angry that someone is gay.

NetsFan6969
05-18-2013, 08:27 PM
This guy is pretty angry that someone is gay.

I would have no problem with a gay NBA player. Jason Collins is no longer an NBA player skill wise.

ManRam
05-18-2013, 08:27 PM
i'm sure this is the same guy who's already been banned for making accounts to blast collins.

poor fella. his parents must have done a terrible job raising him. it must really such having so much hatred towards people who just want to love who they want to love that they resort to this.

he's hung around for a reason. if he's signed, it's because someone values his size, leadership and dedication. if he's not signed, it because he wasn't good enough. pretty simple.

NetsFan6969
05-18-2013, 08:28 PM
i'm sure this is the same guy who's already been banned for making accounts to blast collins.

poor fella. his parents must have done a terrible job raising him. it must really such having so much hatred towards people who just want to love who they want to love that they resort to this.

he's hung around for a reason. if he's signed, it's because someone values his size, leadership and dedication. if he's not signed, it because he wasn't good enough. pretty simple.

Jumping to some conclusions there. Your last paragraph is totally wrong. He'll stick around, not because of his size, leadership or dedication.

Tony_Starks
05-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Actually it's the opposite, if he doesn't get a job the NBA will get boycotted. They'll say nobody signed him because he's gay.

ManRam
05-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Jumping to some conclusions there.

which parts of it?

the dupe?

the parents?

the "i feel sorry that you care so much"?

maybe i am, but probably not.

your PSD half life is probably about 10 minutes.

JLynn943
05-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Jumping to some conclusions there. Your last paragraph is totally wrong. He'll stick around, not because of his size, leadership or dedication.

It's just simple logic. No one is going to sign him unless it's beneficial to them. This is a business. You don't hire someone unless you perceive that they will help you in some way.

b@llhog24
05-18-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm far from a gay rights activist, but man this is a stupid thread.

bagwell368
05-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Jason Collins was clearly on his way out of the NBA and into retirement because nobody in the league would want him. He's so bad now he can't even get minutes on the horrible Wizards. Now he makes his little announcement and you just know he's gonna get an NBA job for next year that he doesn't deserve because the LGBT community and Liberal America would freak out if he didn't get a job claiming some sort of anti-gay bias. My solution is to boycott whatever team inevitably signs him for stealing a job from a more deserving player. By boycott I mean don't go to any games of that team or watch them on TV. Let the gay guy play in front of empty arenas. Are we even totally sure he's gay or could this all be a plan to stay in the league a little longer?

I'm surprised you took time out from reading "Mein Kampf".

Tony_Starks
05-18-2013, 08:43 PM
It's just simple logic. No one is going to sign
him unless it's beneficial to them. This is a business. You don't hire someone unless you perceive that they will help you in some way.

True but the part you're missing is the op is saying the benefit is from the PR perspective. The team that signs him will no doubt be praised by the gay community, sports world, and the media in general for paving the way for teams to accept a openly gay player.

Tmath
05-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Don't care for this thread but... I think players should keep their personal lives personal, gay or not gay.

I don't need to know if an athlete is gay, I don't need to know if an athlete is straight. I watch them to be entertained, not aroused.

natelpete
05-18-2013, 08:46 PM

Wow lol

ManRam
05-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Don't care for this thread but... I think players should keep their personal lives personal, gay or not gay.

I don't need to know if an athlete is gay, I don't need to know if an athlete is straight. I watch them to be entertained, not aroused.

so he has to stay in the closet?

what does this post even mean? in today's world with social media what it is and the huge attention we pay to athletes, well, we know who everyone is dating.

athletes are public figures, even scrubs like jason collins. their lives are very much public. you can google anyone pretty much and find out who they're dating, who've they've dated, who they're married to etc.

unless you're getting at "sexual orientation shouldn't matter, and we shouldn't care"...well, i agree with that. except that's talking about some utopian world that doesn't exist.

SportsFanatic10
05-18-2013, 08:55 PM
lol

maddBat
05-18-2013, 08:57 PM
wow. terrible thread. if the celtics actually kept him he would have helped alot against the knicks in the 1st round

alexander_37
05-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Hell to the no.

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Netsfan6969... I will keep that name in mind and will be sure to boycott all future threads made by you. Though I'm sure you won't be making any once you get banned.

AWC713
05-18-2013, 10:17 PM
lol @ dumb ppl

sportscrazed
05-18-2013, 10:32 PM

This is very ignorant. Collins coming out was a plus for young children everywhere who want to play sports but are not of the "right path." What he did took courage and I commend him for that. So yeah, unlike you I really applaud Collins for having guts.

Tmath
05-18-2013, 10:51 PM
This is very ignorant. Collins coming out was a plus for young children everywhere who want to play sports but are not of the "right path." What he did took courage and I commend him for that. So yeah, unlike you I really applaud Collins for having guts.

Its not ignorant at all. All I'm am saying is, I could care less if an athlete is gay or straight. Unless I know someone personally, I don't need to know what they do in their personal lives.

The word "Gay" is just a label, just like "black or "brown". I like to think of them as just people, without putting a label on them.

The world doesn't need to know he is gay, just the people close to him.

Not everyone is going to ever except gay people, but I like to think most of the world is evolving enough to except it and respect it.

Tony_Starks
05-18-2013, 10:58 PM
wow. terrible thread. if the celtics actually
kept him he would have helped alot against the knicks in the 1st round

Did you see him with the Celtics this year? He didn't play a whole lot. Doc said he was basically a "good locker room guy." With the Wizards he couldnt even get on the floor. I don't doubt he can go somewhere and be a players coach like Sam Cassel or Lue but his days as a productive basketball player have long been over.....

Raps18-19 Champ
05-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Don't think he has enough to offer a team next year, but wouldn't be surprised if a team signed him because it can bring publicity.

DreamShaker
05-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Duperiffic.

LAKobeBryant
05-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Mod just release this guys ip address :D

3Blueforyou
05-18-2013, 11:10 PM
I knew it that's the reason all gays come out of the closet! to get more money and work longer! Thanks for pointing it out.
/thread smh

justinnum1
05-18-2013, 11:10 PM
stfu

king4day
05-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Closing the thread. Just based on your created user name and number of posts.