PDA

View Full Version : What if Pippen had joined Phill in LA?

Chronz
05-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Any ramifications with regards to the Lakers dynasty or Pippen's "legacy"?

Phil wanted Pippen when he was first brought on but was too expensive. Lets say they could have added him somehow, possibly getting rid of Glen Rice.

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2013, 04:53 PM
If they could have simply added him, I think he would have helped the team. But by 03, Pippen was no longer playing at a high level, so I don't think he would have made them any better then. They won the title from 00-02, so it's not like they could have done anybetter with Pipper those seasons, and if the addition of Pippen meant the loss of Rice it might had had an adverse effect on the team. They really used Rice's 3pt shooting in 00, thought they did win on 01 and o2 without him.

What would have been interesting to me is if Jackson had managed to bring in Rodman... I know the Lakers tried that once, and it failed, but with Jackson... I think it would have been more productive, even if he was coming off the bench to provide defence and rebound as he was a little older by that time.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Any ramifications with regards to the Lakers dynasty or Pippen's "legacy"?

Phil wanted Pippen when he was first brought on but was too expensive. Lets say they could have added him somehow, possibly getting rid of Glen Rice.

Pippen was past his prime, so Idk how things would have worked out. Would have been cool to see though.