PDA

View Full Version : Who could we get for Klay?

Goose17
05-17-2013, 09:52 AM
First of all; What's up DubNation?

Not that we're looking to trade or anything, but I was interested to see in what people think Klay is worth in a hypothetical situation. There were rumours during the trade deadline of a potential deal that would have had Klay sent to the Pelicans in exchange for Gordon, obviously other stuff would have been moved around as well. But I'm really glad that didn't amount to anything, because personally, I think he's worth more than Gordon.

So anyway, what do you think he's worth and if we were to trade him what should we be looking for in return?

MackShock
05-17-2013, 10:36 AM
this should be interesting.

AlexTmz2
05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
outstanding series you guys. i really wish you guys the best next season. Mark Jackson did an amazing job with this young team and he has a bright future with all this talent. stay humble and positive, your team will be a headache for the west these upcoming years, no doubt.

COOLbeans
05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
outstanding series you guys. i really wish you guys the best next season. Mark Jackson did an amazing job with this young team and he has a bright future with all this talent. stay humble and positive, your team will be a headache for the west these upcoming years, no doubt.

Cool. I'm rooting for the Spurs the rest of the playoffs. I've never been a Spurs fan but after seeing the meticulous defeat of my Warriors by that team, I was impressed and they deserve the championship after this series. Good luck and see you next season guy..

COOLbeans
05-17-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't think Klay should be moved. But if he were, then I think he could be packaged in a deal with Beans for a Josh Smith kind of player..

L.A. Media wants Klay in Los Angeles and during the Denver series were having daily discussions on wanting and prying him away from the bay.

I also think Klay could be moved for several players of lesser value that can help our overall team. Now with that, I don't think Klay should be moved, but should definitely be discussed and considered by the FO

WestCoastSportz
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm probably one of the few that would want them to move Klay. Not because he isn't a good player, but this team needs more athleticism, speed and versatility. Klay is a nice shooter and defender, but so much of what he does on offense is a mirror of what Curry does, which is shooting the 3. He's able to score 25 points on one night and 2 or 4 points the next, which he has done a few times this season. I've heard people call Klay the next Ray Allen, but c'mon. Ray Allen, in his younger days, was a well above average athlete that was quick and able to attack the rim as well as shoot the 3. Even in his older years, he's still able to get up there.

Klay will have a nice NBA career, but I'm not sure it would be on this team. He needs to play with an athletic PG that can attack the rim and dish while Curry needs an athletic SG that can do the same thing. Its not a matter of Klay being bad or good, but its a matter of what this team needs and what it will take to get it. Klay in Chicago with a healthy Derrick Rose would be a nightmare for opposing teams. Or in Cleveland with Irving.

Monta is beast
05-17-2013, 02:05 PM
So after all the improvements he made to his game over just one off-season, let's trade him.

Goose17
05-17-2013, 02:44 PM
So after all the improvements he made to his game over just one off-season, let's trade him.

That's not what I said. It's just a hypothetical situation based on rumors from earlier in the season. Just for kicks, if he was traded who would we get, what's he really worth.

Not a serious thread, just intrigued to see what others think he's worth.

PatelJ1010
05-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Players don't always become All-Stars overnight and for a player like Klay Thompson, he may developed in 16-20PPG type of player & become an elite defender.

If I had to trade Klay I would try to work out a deal with Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge & Nicolas Batum.

Guppyfighter
05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Josh smith has gotten worse for the last three years. A stendy trend down usually predicts a further trend down. Do not want Smith.

As for trades, I'd try to center something around getting Love.

bgdreton
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Umm I don't think there is a deal out there that I would like other than harden but that obviously has a zero percent chance. Maybe i make the trade for a low post dominate scorer like zbo. But even then it's a long long shot. At this point I don't think there is a trade out there that would be worth anything. We should hold until the season after next where all the nba stars are free agents and Jefferson and beans are off the books imo

bgdreton
05-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Btw if Kay just works on his drive game and post up he would be a very very good player.i dont really think people understand how vaulable he is on the defensive side of the ball. If he works on those things he could prob a top five in the league. If he isn't already actually now that I think about who would your guys top five be? And where would Klay stand right now?

Bowman53
05-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I have no idea what Klay is worth. I do know I wouldn't trade him.

COOLbeans
05-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm probably one of the few that would want them to move Klay. Not because he isn't a good player, but this team needs more athleticism, speed and versatility. Klay is a nice shooter and defender, but so much of what he does on offense is a mirror of what Curry does, which is shooting the 3. He's able to score 25 points on one night and 2 or 4 points the next, which he has done a few times this season. I've heard people call Klay the next Ray Allen, but c'mon. Ray Allen, in his younger days, was a well above average athlete that was quick and able to attack the rim as well as shoot the 3. Even in his older years, he's still able to get up there.

Klay will have a nice NBA career, but I'm not sure it would be on this team. He needs to play with an athletic PG that can attack the rim and dish while Curry needs an athletic SG that can do the same thing. Its not a matter of Klay being bad or good, but its a matter of what this team needs and what it will take to get it. Klay in Chicago with a healthy Derrick Rose would be a nightmare for opposing teams. Or in Cleveland with Irving.

I was going to say..Waiters for Klay?

MackShock
05-17-2013, 05:17 PM
For Kawhi straight up..

COOLbeans
05-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Kawahis tough man. I wanted him all along. But no I wouldn't make that trade, I think Leonard's ceiling is lower, though I wouldn't be mad. I compared them the entire series and clearly Leonard played better.

SugeKnight
05-17-2013, 05:27 PM
S&t for iggy. Denver has Fournier, brewer, chandler and gallo tho

Chromehounds
05-17-2013, 05:33 PM

I'm not taking anything away from the Spurs win, a bunch of classy players, maybe not Manu. The Spurs deserve to win to some extent. The luck of the draw I guess, the Basketball god gave the Spurs a depleted Lakers for Round 1, then the Wounded Warriors in Round 2. If the W's were healthy the Warriors would have won the series. Good luck to the Spurs in Round 3 and hope to see them again in the Playoffs next year.

MackShock
05-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't think health had anything to do with the game 1 collapse.

curtcocaine
05-17-2013, 06:18 PM
If we had a healthy Lee and Rush diffrent seriers. But thats why good teams R deep. Were pretty deep but guys like rich and beans come on son

WestCoastSportz
05-17-2013, 06:22 PM
The key of trading Klay Thompson would be to make this team better and not for his deficiencies that he may or may not work out. Definitely not for the hell of it. If they can get a player that will significantly improve this team, then by all means, trade him. Especially if that means the ability to attach a contract like Biedrins', Jeffersons' or both, to gain back less salary to avoid the luxury tax.

sfattahian
05-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Josh smith has gotten worse for the last three years. A stendy trend down usually predicts a further trend down. Do not want Smith.

As for trades, I'd try to center something around getting Love.

Wow if we get Kevin Love, it's over! He'd be a great fit, trade Lee and thompson for Love.

sfattahian
05-17-2013, 10:19 PM

This. Doubt Denver would do it, but if we cold get Iggi and Love(as Guppy suggested) I'd be willing to let Klay and Barnes go (despite Barnes breaking out like no other, I'd sell high, his handle will limit him long term imo).

Gotta make bold moves to be a contender. Iggi and Love would get us to the line more and give us more beef.

Trade Lee and Klay for Love, then trade Barnes for Iggi.

Curry/Jack
Rush/________/Bazemore
Iguodala/Green
Love/Landry
Bogut/________/Ezeli

Or just keep the team in tact and ride their improvement, which I'd be perfectly happy with. I'd be happy letting Lee and Rush come back from injury, not to mention Curry and Bogut and make another run.

sfattahian
05-17-2013, 10:19 PM

This. Doubt Denver would do it, but if we cold get Iggi and Love(as Guppy suggested) I'd be willing to let Klay and Barnes go (despite Barnes breaking out like no other, I'd sell high, his handle will limit him long term imo).

Gotta make bold moves to be a contender. Iggi and Love would get us to the line more and give us more beef.

Trade Lee and Klay for Love, then trade Barnes for Iggi.

Curry/Jack
Rush/________/Bazemore
Iguodala/Green
Love/Landry
Bogut/________/Ezeli

Or just keep the team in tact and ride their improvement, which I'd be perfectly happy with. I'd be happy letting Lee and Rush come back from injury, not to mention Curry and Bogut and make another run.

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Bogut and Klay for T-Ross and Bargnani.

Pakman
05-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Straight up for Pau.

Guppyfighter
05-18-2013, 12:11 AM
No to Iggy. Great player but he doesn't fill a need is 29 or 30 and has gotten worse on offense every single year for the last three years.

His age and offensive decline makes this a no-no for any good deal for us. I am also more against trading Barnes. You don't trade young cheap athleticism with high upside. Barnes for Iggy straight up doesn't make any sense for us. And the fact Iggy is a free agent.

I believe Klay to be the far better player right now with a lower ceiling than Barnes. I'd do the Lee/Klay trade for Love.

Would not do the Barnes for Iggy trade.

iFYouSeekAmy
05-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Tyreke Evans ;)

Monta is beast
05-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Na to Love. Stats lie

bigmac8675
05-18-2013, 03:09 AM
I highly doubt we trade Klay... our front office would have to be blown out of the water with an offer to trade him

Guppyfighter
05-18-2013, 03:09 AM
Na to Love. Stats lie

That's right, if you are the 8th best player in the league statistically you are really not if you are on a bad team and that you are a **** player.

I swear to god it feels like I am talking to child when I talk to you.

Monta is beast
05-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Tell me how the dude averaged 26 & 13, and his team still went 26-40. Na stats don't lie, shut the **** up

Monta is beast
05-18-2013, 05:26 AM
I think Jack is going to leave in free agency, but Landry stays with the money we would have used to re-sign Jack. Then if we can bring in someone like Sebastian Telfair (Great on ball defender, quick, energy player), to stabilize the second unit we should be koo. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, and Bogut will all be improved next year if everything goes the way it should.

PG: Curry//Telfair//Bazemore
SG: Thompson//Rush//Bazemore
SF: Barnes//Rush//Green
PF: Lee//Landry//Green
C: Bogut//Ezeli//Biedrins

]

MackShock
05-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Love is injury prone now isnt he?

MackShock
05-18-2013, 08:10 AM
cmon man..mibs is a solid poster. you only have 17 posts...i highly doubt you know anything about his basketball knowledge so quit judging the guy when youve only been here for two seconds.

3 months and youre already insulting people lol..leave him alone. hes not stupid just because he has a favorite player.

BKLYNpigeon
05-18-2013, 12:24 PM
NO.

you dont trade Klay unless the offer is too good to pass up and thats not going to happen. Klay just finished his 2nd year and still on his rookie deal for another 2-3 years. you dont really know what you have with him yet.

The Warriors Biggest advantage in the NBA is that they have 2 great shooters. if it were just Curry he would be smothered by the best defenders of each team.

Goose17
05-18-2013, 01:38 PM
cmon man..mibs is a solid poster. you only have 17 posts...i highly doubt you know anything about his basketball knowledge so quit judging the guy when youve only been here for two seconds.

3 months and youre already insulting people lol..leave him alone. hes not stupid just because he has a favorite player.

1. Maybe I don't know all that I need to about his basketball knowledge. But he describes Monta Ellis as a beast, that isn't a good sign.

2. He's not stupid for having a favourite player he's stupid for using a teams record to judge an individuals talent, those two things have literally no connection, are D12, Nash and Kobe not capable of more than what they accomplished this season?

COOLbeans
05-18-2013, 03:23 PM
1. Maybe I don't know all that I need to about his basketball knowledge. But he describes Monta Ellis as a beast, that isn't a good sign.

2. He's not stupid for having a favourite player he's stupid for using a teams record to judge an individuals talent, those two things have literally no connection, are D12, Nash and Kobe not capable of more than what they accomplished this season?

Not saying i dont agree with your point about Love. But doesnt Your name pay homage to Andris Biedrins though? That's a lot worse than Monta dude..

Goose17
05-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Not saying i dont agree with your point about Love. But doesnt Your name pay homage to Andris Biedrins though? That's a lot worse than Monta dude..

lol Biedrins? Nah. 17 was Mullins number and Goose is my nickname.

COOLbeans
05-18-2013, 04:33 PM
lol Biedrins? Nah. 17 was Mullins number and Goose is my nickname.

Oh ok lol

Goose17
05-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Biedrins is a beast though haha.

winwarriorslose
05-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Biedrins is a beast though haha.

Mos def.

COOLbeans
05-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Biedrins Is beast though haha.

LRPG
05-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Would trade him to the pistons for Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond not sure DET would do that but that would be awesome.
DET: Klay Thompson, Festus Ezeli.
GS: Greg Monroe/ Drummond

Then sign Tyreke Evans and resign Jarret Jack. Let Laundry and Rush walk.
Roster:
PG: S.Curry, J. Jack
SG: T.Evans, K. Bazemore
SF: H.Barnes, D. Green, R. Jefferson
PF: D. Lee, G. Monroe
C: A. Bogut, A. Biedrins

Lol this will never happened but would congrat the FO if they did. We would have our future SG and PF/C set.
Back to the topic would only trade Thompson if we get something equal or better value in return.

BayAreaSportF@n
05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
If we were going to trade Klay Thompson it should have been for James Harden, can't believe we declined that trade but anyways I'm glad we did decline trades for Eric Gordon & Rudy Gay as those would be mistakes Klay's more valuable than that. Honestly best bet is to keep him & let him develop, he needs to become more consistent but he has lots of talent & can shoot with the best of them. Originally I would have suggested trading him for SF help but Barnes showed future star potential & with Green behind him that position is filled. Only trade I would do would be if we could combine Thompson with some bad contracts like David Lee, Jefferson, & Biendrins.

BayAreaSportF@n
05-18-2013, 05:46 PM
No to Iggy. Great player but he doesn't fill a need is 29 or 30 and has gotten worse on offense every single year for the last three years.

His age and offensive decline makes this a no-no for any good deal for us. I am also more against trading Barnes. You don't trade young cheap athleticism with high upside. Barnes for Iggy straight up doesn't make any sense for us. And the fact Iggy is a free agent.

I believe Klay to be the far better player right now with a lower ceiling than Barnes. I'd do the Lee/Klay trade for Love.

Would not do the Barnes for Iggy trade.

Agreed before the playoffs I would have considered it but Barnes showed star potential we need to keep him. Only trade Klay for a lockdown defender who can rebound and get down and dirty.

Monta is beast
05-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Cause you know if stats don't lie, Kevin Love is undoubtedly a top 3 player. But somehow he can't get his team anywhere near .500.

Monta is beast
05-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Do you literally even watch ball? Like damn it's sorry how little you know bruh

MackShock
05-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Mibs, for years monta averaged 25 5 & 5, or something close to that, and his teams on the Dubs were nowhere near 500

MackShock
05-18-2013, 07:24 PM
I have to agree undoubtedly that a players individual average shouldn't reflect a teams record, but if one player is putting up good numbers, it suggests he is at least a decent player and should somewhat translate into wins.

OliveMyPrivates
05-18-2013, 08:44 PM
No one. Klay is in his second year and has made HUGE strides from his rookie year. Why would we even trade him?

TrueFan420
05-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Players don't always become All-Stars overnight and for a player like Klay Thompson, he may developed in 16-20PPG type of player & become an elite defender.

If I had to trade Klay I would try to work out a deal with Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge & Nicolas Batum.

They'd laugh

Monta is beast
05-19-2013, 01:36 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Lacob goes after Dwight Howard again. We have the assets to get him through a sign & trade, and you know he wants to get that player to put the Warriors into title contention. And in my opinion Dwight would want to play here now. If we do get involved in talks for him, I think we would be one of his preferred destinations. The combination of Curry & Howard would be one of the best tandems in the game. And with the development of Barnes through the off-season, and Lee getting healthy, that would be a contending team in the West. Then re-sign Carl Landry, and sign Sebastion Telfair.

GSW Trades:
Klay Thompson $2,222,160
Andrew Bogut $13,000,000

LAL Trades:
Dwight Howard Max Contract Extension
Jodie Meeks $1,500,000

SG: Rush//Meeks//Bazemore
C: Howard//Ezeli//Biedrins

Bayareaboy
05-19-2013, 03:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Lacob goes after Dwight Howard again. We have the assets to get him through a sign & trade, and you know he wants to get that player to put the Warriors into title contention. And in my opinion Dwight would want to play here now. If we do get involved in talks for him, I think we would be one of his preferred destinations. The combination of Curry & Howard would be one of the best tandems in the game. And with the development of Barnes through the off-season, and Lee getting healthy, that would be a contending team in the West. Then re-sign Carl Landry, and sign Sebastion Telfair.

GSW Trades:
Klay Thompson $2,222,160
Andrew Bogut $13,000,000

LAL Trades:
Dwight Howard Max Contract Extension
Jodie Meeks $1,500,000

SG: Rush//Meeks//Bazemore
C: Howard//Ezeli//Biedrins

I was actually just talking about this with someone at work and how I feel we might do this. If Howard finds a place he feels is better then LA I can see him leaving but if he can't he stays. I don't feel he really wants to tho. I don't know of I'd give klay in that trade tho, maybe bogut, rush and cash for Dwight? He's shown he's a big baby but if he's on a solid team and he gets along with everyone ain't nobody stoppin him

Monta is beast
05-19-2013, 03:26 AM
I don't know how teams would be able to stop Dwight inside, and contain Curry, Rush, & Barnes on the outside.

Goose17
05-19-2013, 03:53 AM
Wouldn't trade Klay for D12. Think about it. If we had D12 you would want your best 3pt shooters. With him on the inside kicking it back out the splash brothers would have a feast from outside.

Move some young talent and a future pick. The trio of Curry, Klay and Dwight would be great to see.

Goose17
05-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Mibs, for years monta averaged 25 5 & 5, or something close to that, and his teams on the Dubs were nowhere near 500

What he said^

Monta is beast
05-19-2013, 03:56 AM
you think i dont know monta isnt a beast aha

Goose17
05-19-2013, 04:02 AM
you think i dont know monta isnt a beast aha

So is your name trying to be ironic or something?

Still your logic doesn't hold up. Individuals don't win games, teams do. Look at the Lakers, three future hall of famers and they barely made it above .500 and what about Kyrie in Cleveland? Hell even Damien and LaMarcus in Portland?

MackShock
05-19-2013, 04:11 AM
well he was the warriors best player and was a fan favorite..so of course he's likeable.

reputation and championships aside, it would be like a bulls fan creating an account with the name MJ4Life or JordanPippenDuo.

just simply means they are MJ or pippen fan's..

Goose17
05-19-2013, 04:48 AM
Fair point. Although despite being a Dubs fan I was never that high on Monta if I'm honest.

MackShock
05-19-2013, 05:34 AM
ehh..i just accepted it. i always saw him as an undersized shooting guard, and gave him praise because he was a Warrior. Never really thought about how he was detrimental/beneficial to us though.

Monta is beast
05-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Ok so if teams win games, yet teams with good players win more games. Your saying Kevin Love is a good player, stats suggest he's a great player, yet 14 games below .500

Goose17
05-19-2013, 03:52 PM
How is he not a great player? He's supposed to win games on his own? No player has ever done that. It doesn't matter if a team has 82 wins or 1 win, their win/loss record isn't a reflection of individual talent it's a reflection of team work, depth and coaching.

Think about this logically. Did anyone really believe that Kobe, Nash and D12 would struggle to finish above .500? No. Did they struggle because they're not individually talented? No.

Monta and Jennings didn't finish above .500, what do you say to that?

Why is it you think that great players have to be winning a lot of games? Demarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving, Lillard & Aldridge all finished below .500 are they not talented enough?

Individuals don't win games. Teams do.

winwarriorslose
05-19-2013, 05:34 PM
How is he not a great player? He's supposed to win games on his own? No player has ever done that. It doesn't matter if a team has 82 wins or 1 win, their win/loss record isn't a reflection of individual talent it's a reflection of team work, depth and coaching.

Think about this logically. Did anyone really believe that Kobe, Nash and D12 would struggle to finish above .500? No. Did they struggle because they're not individually talented? No.

Monta and Jennings didn't finish above .500, what do you say to that?

Why is it you think that great players have to be winning a lot of games? Demarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving, Lillard & Aldridge all finished below .500 are they not talented enough?

Individuals don't win games. Teams do.

Good luck arguing with MIBS...everything you said here makes perfect sense yet he'll somehow revert back to you being wrong lol

Monta is beast
05-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Dwight did the same thing in Orlando, take him off Orlando, look what you have. SMDH

winwarriorslose
05-19-2013, 07:43 PM
To go on, for you to say Lebron didn't have a supporting cast is remedial MIBS...come on dude look some **** up. They had two seven footers at one time with big Z and Shaq for a year. Mo Williams ain't no joke he's a starter in this league lol. Varejao is always solid...Delonte West played solid D...they had Hickson and Danny Green for a couple years too albeit they were just starting their careers. Don't say Lebron didn't have a supporting cast I ****ing hate that **** because it's incorrect. You lose again MIBS.

MackShock
05-19-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree that teamwork wins games..but everybody has to agree that more individual talents, or "weapons" makes a team better. Remember this is just in theory/on paper.

The output on the court is determined alot by coaching. The Kings suck because Smart isn't that good of a coach. The Lakers sucked because D'Antoni had them run run run with 7 man rotations, which wore them out quickly. Not to mention they were senior citizens which didn't help. The point is, they werent constructed to run, and D'Antoni ran them. Again, goes back to coaching.

I agree with WWL. Lebron is a special talent. As I remembered it, Lebron was 35-47 his rookie year, and 42-40 his sophomore year. Then, they got Mike Brown and started adding new pieces every year since then, which has lead to 40 50 and 60 win seasons..Lebron certainly didn't do it alone.

As far as Love..he's a great player..but I'm not sure the team constructed around him let's him succeed. He might do better in the right situation.

Lee for Love straight up.

COOLbeans
05-19-2013, 09:03 PM
I love Lee and Love would be great as a Warrior, but I don't think Minni does it..

MackShock
05-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Lee already shoots 18 footers and grabs boards...Love would grab boards, shoot 3's and play D

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry that in my opinion your team has to be somewhat good for me to consider you a superstar. I aint gonna call some dude who's teams consistently under .500 a superstar, crazy right?

lol, please
05-20-2013, 02:17 AM
Rondo.

Goose17
05-20-2013, 02:45 AM
I'm sorry that in my opinion your team has to be somewhat good for me to consider you a superstar. I aint gonna call some dude who's teams consistently under .500 a superstar, crazy right?

Are you just being difficult on purpose or are you really this stupid?

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 02:45 AM

Not crazy. But he's definitely a superior basketball player and an elite scorer and rebounder. Probably could be one of the best rebounders ever, top 3 all time if he stays healthy.

MackShock
05-20-2013, 02:59 AM
Stop trolling mibs dude.. It's one thing to disagree with someone, and another to constantly call him stupid.

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 03:34 AM
I'm not saying Love isn't a good player. But no way in hell is he an elite basketball player, and if you think so your wrong. Then your going to try and say it doesn't matter that his team is terrible, as long as he puts up stats. That's a ****in joke. Like I said you lack basic basketball knowledge.

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 03:37 AM
Elite basketball players win games. You trade Love for Zach Randolph, the Timber-wolves would be the same team. Is Randolph a superstar? ****** handin out the title of superstar like it's the ****in thing to do.

winwarriorslose
05-20-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm not saying Love isn't a good player. But no way in hell is he an elite basketball player, and if you think so your wrong. Then your going to try and say it doesn't matter that his team is terrible, as long as he puts up stats. That's a ****in joke. Like I said you lack basic basketball knowledge.

I can agree with that. I must ask though, how many players in the league DO YOU consider to be elite?

P.S. Lol this kid always talks about people lacking 'basic basketball knowledge' when this kid clearly lacks basic knowledge ha. ***** can't even spell you're correctly.

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 04:44 AM
I can agree with that. I must ask though, how many players in the league DO YOU consider to be elite?

P.S. Lol this kid always talks about people lacking 'basic basketball knowledge' when this kid clearly lacks basic knowledge ha. ***** can't even spell you're correctly.

You can agree with something you were disagreeing with earlier in the day? There are three elite players in the game right now, LeBron, CP3 (when healthy), & KD. And I'm done with goin back in forth with you, pathetic that you try nd start **** every single day. Do sumin with ur life already.

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 04:46 AM
Nd weren't you the one that tried to put me on spot about my spelling, and in the same post spelled something wrong? My grammers koo dont know bout urs tho

Bayareaboy
05-20-2013, 05:08 AM
Hahahahahahaha get em mibs

winwarriorslose
05-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Nd weren't you the one that tried to put me on spot about my spelling, and in the same post spelled something wrong? My grammers koo dont know bout urs tho

It ain't that koo, BRUH...and I can sit at my computer or by my phone and do more than you in a week lol

winwarriorslose
05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
You can agree with something you were disagreeing with earlier in the day? There are three elite players in the game right now, LeBron, CP3 (when healthy), & KD. And I'm done with goin back in forth with you, pathetic that you try nd start **** every single day. Do sumin with ur life already.

The ole "do somethin with your life already" stuff is overused lol. It's not really even an insult anymore people just try to say that because they're takin a jab at the other person when I know you talk about **** but I'm really livin it

lol, please
05-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Elite basketball players win games. You trade Love for Zach Randolph, the Timber-wolves would be the same team. Is Randolph a superstar? ****** handin out the title of superstar like it's the ****in thing to do.

:clap: get him mibs!

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
:clap: get him mibs!

:laugh2:

Goose17
05-20-2013, 02:29 PM

I never said he was as good as Lebron or Durant but he's quite clearly a top 15 player, arguably top 10. And he would be significant upgrade over Lee.

Name 3 power forwards in the game right now that are better than Love. You've got Timmy and then who? Blake Griffin? Aldridge? Lee? K-Love is better than all of those guys with the exception of Timmy, who has about 2-3 years left in him.

Stop trolling mibs dude.. It's one thing to disagree with someone, and another to constantly call him stupid.

If somebody is being stupid I'm going to call them out for it. Are you trying to say he's not being stupid by using a teams record to define an individuals talent? That isn't stupid? Seems stupid to me.

I call it how I see it.

WestCoastSportz
05-20-2013, 03:03 PM
I blame the Wolves losing ways on the front office. They have just not drafted well. They had the 4th and 5th picks in the 2009 draft and ended up selecting 2 point guards (Rubio and Flynn). Flynn has pretty much, more or less, been a bust thus far. In 2010, they drafted another bust in Wesley Johnson. Derrick Williams is struggling. Just not very smart picks in the last 4 years. Take away the trade for Kevin Love, in which they selected OJ Mayo, their draft picks for the past 10 years have pretty much sucked.

As for Kevin Love, he's a nice player and whether its right wrong, fans seem to point their fingers at the team's best player when they struggle. Its a responsibility that comes with the territory. The bottom line is, and there isn't any way of disputing the fact is, that he's putting up great numbers on a bad team. I think thats all people were trying to say. He's also injury prone and was able to only average 51 games a season in his last 4.

MackShock
05-20-2013, 03:36 PM
goose, I'm saying you can't constantly call people stupid on here because insults aren't tolerated.

I get that you're calling him out but try to find another way that isnt insulting.. or respectfully disagree.

at the end of the day it's just going to cause unnecessary headaches and beef that could have easily been avoided

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 04:03 PM
I never said he was as good as Lebron or Durant but he's quite clearly a top 15 player, arguably top 10. And he would be significant upgrade over Lee.

Name 3 power forwards in the game right now that are better than Love. You've got Timmy and then who? Blake Griffin? Aldridge? Lee? K-Love is better than all of those guys with the exception of Timmy, who has about 2-3 years left in him.

If somebody is being stupid I'm going to call them out for it. Are you trying to say he's not being stupid by using a teams record to define an individuals talent? That isn't stupid? Seems stupid to me.

I call it how I see it.

How quick everyone is changing their story. You were just arguing with me about Love being an elite player, now he's only a top 10-15 player? I don't know if your new to basketball or whatever it is, but stats clearly lie. Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, Brandon Jennings, the list could go on and on. Guys put up stats, but their teams don't win games. I don't give those dudes credit sorry. You could average 50 & 10, if your team aint winning games, you can't be considered an elite player. What I've been saying for the last week is that if stats didn't lie, Love's numbers would suggest he could be the number one option on a bad team, and still lead them to playoff contention.

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 04:04 PM
You could be surrounded by scrubs, and if you legitimately put up 26 & 13 your team should still be competitive. All I'm saying.

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Love is an elite rebounder and scorer

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Here we go again. Would you consider Lee an elite rebounder? Because for his career his team rebounds the ball at a more efficient rate when he's off the floor. Love is a good player, but has way too many faults to be considered anywhere near elite.

WestCoastSportz
05-20-2013, 04:54 PM
There are a lot of ways a guy can get a lot of rebounds and still not be considered "elite" in that category. Not saying Kevin Love is or isn't, but there are many things that factor in on getting those numbers. Troy Murphy, as a Warrior, averaged 11 rebounds in a season. He did it again in Indiana, virtually as a center. He got his numbers because not only did they play a lot of zone, but there wasn't anyone else on that roster that can grab a rebound. He also stole a lot of rebounds from his own team mates and admitted to trying to pad his rebounding stats.

Bayareaboy
05-20-2013, 05:47 PM

I call it how I see it.

Blake is all commercial there is nothing about his game other then dunking that's says he's good. Aldridge fell off last season but is a solid all star PF. D lee is an all star pf. The only think that love does better then lee is he can shoot 3's. really there isn't a elite PF in the league but there is all star caliber ones. Lee fights for boards we were one of the best rebounding teams this year and lee led the way. I

Monta is beast
05-20-2013, 06:14 PM
To be honest I have to agree with ^. There are no great power forwards in the game right now. A bunch of fringe all-stars.

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Love is a far better rebounder than Lee. And shooting 3s effectively isn't overrated..

Bayareaboy
05-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Not saying its over rated in fact I feel it stretches the floor but love has not proven he's a way better rebounder then lee. I'm not saying lee is better I'm just saying neither has proven to b significantly better then the other

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Not saying its over rated in fact I feel it stretches the floor but love has not proven he's a way better rebounder then lee. I'm not saying lee is better I'm just saying neither has proven to b significantly better then the other

How so?

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 07:13 PM

I'm not saying Lee is a worse player, but Love is significantly an upgrade at rebounding and stretching the floor. It's not a competition, I wish guppy were here with the advanced stats. KLove gets offensive rebounds wayyy more effectively.

3.9 offensive rebounds per game for his career verses Lee's 2.6. Love averaged 14 rebounds last year lol and the years before, he averaged 13 and 15 rebounds. Whereas Lee averaged 11 this year and 9 and 9 rebounds the years Love averaged 14 and 15.

Now how is Love not significantly better than Lee at rebounding? And I'm telling you, the advanced stats will further prove my point.

lol, please
05-20-2013, 07:49 PM
lol. I wouldn't care for grabbing Love, I want to see lee and Bogut a full season together. I don't really see the need to change our starting 5 with the exception of maybe Klay. People really underrate our 5 around here, I think all we need is a deeper bench and health. We finally have some chemistry now everyone wants to break it up when we overachieved without key players.

Bayareaboy
05-20-2013, 08:17 PM

I'm not saying Lee is a worse player, but Love is significantly an upgrade at rebounding and stretching the floor. It's not a competition, I wish guppy were here with the advanced stats. KLove gets offensive rebounds wayyy more effectively.

3.9 offensive rebounds per game for his career verses Lee's 2.6. Love averaged 14 rebounds last year lol and the years before, he averaged 13 and 15 rebounds. Whereas Lee averaged 11 this year and 9 and 9 rebounds the years Love averaged 14 and 15.

Now how is Love not significantly better than Lee at rebounding? And I'm telling you, the advanced stats will further prove my point.

Although that's solid points I'm taking about who else on that team grabs boards besides love? Pek? He seems soft at times and other then that there is no one. Lee has Barnes, klay, Landry, bogut (when he plays). There's a list of people that rebound well on our team.

Ill give u the offensive boards I agree love is better and 3 point shooting if course cuz lee doesn't shoot that. But lee I believe (could b wrong) is a better Jump shooter and post player then love.

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love Lee and think we should keep him. But what about the years Lee averaged 9? There was no Barnes, Green, Bogut or Landry on the squad..

Bayareaboy
05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
That's just him improving his game man. His rebounding total went up this year, in a year where we added a lot if talent to rebound. That speaks volume, also if love continues to go down that's a huge problem. I wouldn't personally do the trade for love but if it happened I wouldn't b mad about it either. As long as we don't give up our core n klay, curry and Barnes

Bayareaboy
05-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Also another key is lee is a terrific passer. Love not so much so they both have there ups n downs

COOLbeans
05-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Also another key is lee is a terrific passer. Love not so much so they both have there ups n downs

You're right. lee is a great passer but so is Bogut. But Love is a knockdown shooter so it depends on what you value more.. And the fact that Love and Lee are injured, and Love has way better rebounding numbers makes me think he's a superior player, but I love Lees attitude and work ethic.

Goose17
05-21-2013, 04:53 AM
How quick everyone is changing their story. You were just arguing with me about Love being an elite player, now he's only a top 10-15 player? .

I guess we have different definitions of elite. There's over 300 players in the league, if you're in the top 10, in my opinion, you're elite. 10 out of 300+ ? That's pretty impressive.

I don't know if your new to basketball or whatever it is, but stats clearly lie. Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, Brandon Jennings, the list could go on and on. Guys put up stats, but their teams don't win games.

First of all, you conduct yourself like a ****ing 12 year old, so I'm guessing I've been around longer than you and therefore been into basketball for longer than you.

Secondly, stats don't lie. They're scientific fact, stop being stupid. Ignoring stats completely is just as ignorant is the pricks that rely on them and ignore everything else.

On top of that, using Monta Ellis is a bad example considering he is statistically one of the worst players in his position, Jennings isn't that impressive either.

Love's numbers would suggest he could be the number one option on a bad team, and still lead them to playoff contention.

No. They don't. How can you be this stupid? Seriously, I've never in my entire life met someone as idiotic as you. Between the health issues, coaching issues, management issues and lack of decent role player you could put any active player onto that team instead of Love and they wouldn't make the playoffs.

Love is an incredible talent, and you never answered my question. Give me three, no scratch that, give me TWO power forwards that are better than Love.

A teams record is not a reflection of individual talent. Does the Lakers record this season reflect Kobe's talent? D12's talent? Or Nash's talent? Does Clevelands record reflect Irvings talent? Does Portlands record reflect the talent of Aldridge and Lillard? Does Sacramento's record reflect the talent of Cousins? Does New Orleans record reflect the talent of Anthony Davis? Does Bostons record reflect the talent of Pierce and Garnett?

What about the 2009-10 Phoenix Suns, does their record reflect the talent of Nash? What about the 2009-10 Memphis Grizzlies record, does that reflect that talent of Gasol? What about the 2010-11 Warriors record, does that reflect the talent of Curry and Lee?

Jesus christ, what about the Chicago Bulls record for the first three years of Michael Jordans career? They didn't clear .500 until he was in his fourth season and he's the greatest player of all time.

The list goes on and on and on.

The record of a team does not reflect the talent of individuals.

Goose17
05-21-2013, 05:32 AM
I'm not saying Lee is a worse player, but Love is significantly an upgrade at And I'm telling you, the advanced stats will further prove my point.

Let me help, I'm going to compare Love's last "healthy" season (2010-11) to David Lee's most recent season (this season). No point on comparing them when Love has been injured right? And I see no point in comparing the lockout season either.

First of all look at David Lee's on/off numbers, the Warriors are actually more effective at rebounding when Lee is on the bench (let me see your surprised faces everyone). When Lee is off the court the Warriors ORB% improves by .5% and their DRB% improves by 1.7%

Meanwhile, looking at Love's 10-11 season, the Timberwolves rebounding really suffered when he was off the court, their DRB% dropped by 2.1% and their ORB% fell by 4%

Then you can compare their offense.

The Warriors were +7.3 in Pts scored per 100 Possesion with Lee on the floor and the Wolves were +4.4 with Love on the floor.

The Warriors eFG% was +5.1% with Lee on the floor, while the T'Wolves were only +0.8% with Love on the floor.

The Warriors were +11% in assisted field goals with Lee on the floor and the T'Wolves were +3% with Love on the floor.

The Warriors are -3 in free throws made and -5 in free throws attempted with Lee on the floor, while the T'Wolves were +1 in free throws made and +1 in free throws attempted with Love on the floor.

The offense is just a case of pick your poison as far as the on/off numbers go, but what about defense?

When Lee is on the floor, the opponents eFG% is +1.6%, when Love is on the floor the opponents eFG% is -1.5%.

When Lee is on the floor the opponents points per 100 is +1.3, when Love is on the floor the opponents points per 100 is +0.9

When Lee is on the floor the Dubs scoring is better, but their free throw opportunities are slightly worse, while their rebounding and defense suffers.

When Love is on the floor, the T'Wolves defense is better, their rebounding is much improved and their offense is better in terms of getting to the line and points made per possession and their eFG% is marginally better.

This is just on/off numbers obviously and there's more to it than that but it's a good indicator.

Now for individual stats, in 2010-11 Love's TRB% 23.6% compared to Lee's 16.8% this year, that's also 3.6% better than David Lee's career best (sophomore year with the Knicks).

Love's 2010-11 TOV% is 9.8% compared to Lee's 13.7% from this year (also worth noting Lee's TOV% has neve been below 11.8).

Love's 2010-11 True Shooting% was .593% while Lee's TS% this year was .561% (worth noting that Lee's Career TS% is 2% higher than Love's)

And now the most used stat, and the best stat to get a look at an individuals impact and efficiency... Love's PER in 2010-11 was 24.3, Lee's PER this season was 19.2. (Worth noting that Lee's Career PER is 19.2 compared to Love's career PER of 22.1)

Now stats aren't everything, there's a lot of intangibles that the stats just can't measure, at least imo. But they're still a solid insight into what a player has been capable of and what they might be capable of in the future.

COOLbeans
05-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Let me help, I'm going to compare Love's last "healthy" season (2010-11) to David Lee's most recent season (this season). No point on comparing them when Love has been injured right? And I see no point in comparing the lockout season either.

First of all look at David Lee's on/off numbers, the Warriors are actually more effective at rebounding when Lee is on the bench (let me see your surprised faces everyone). When Lee is off the court the Warriors ORB% improves by .5% and their DRB% improves by 1.7%

Meanwhile, looking at Love's 10-11 season, the Timberwolves rebounding really suffered when he was off the court, their DRB% dropped by 2.1% and their ORB% fell by 4%

Then you can compare their offense.

The Warriors were +7.3 in Pts scored per 100 Possesion with Lee on the floor and the Wolves were +4.4 with Love on the floor.

The Warriors eFG% was +5.1% with Lee on the floor, while the T'Wolves were only +0.8% with Love on the floor.

The Warriors were +11% in assisted field goals with Lee on the floor and the T'Wolves were +3% with Love on the floor.

The Warriors are -3 in free throws made and -5 in free throws attempted with Lee on the floor, while the T'Wolves were +1 in free throws made and +1 in free throws attempted with Love on the floor.

The offense is just a case of pick your poison as far as the on/off numbers go, but what about defense?

When Lee is on the floor, the opponents eFG% is +1.6%, when Love is on the floor the opponents eFG% is -1.5%.

When Lee is on the floor the opponents points per 100 is +1.3, when Love is on the floor the opponents points per 100 is +0.9

When Lee is on the floor the Dubs scoring is better, but their free throw opportunities are slightly worse, while their rebounding and defense suffers.

When Love is on the floor, the T'Wolves defense is better, their rebounding is much improved and their offense is better in terms of getting to the line and points made per possession and their eFG% is marginally better.

This is just on/off numbers obviously and there's more to it than that but it's a good indicator.

Now for individual stats, in 2010-11 Love's TRB% 23.6% compared to Lee's 16.8% this year, that's also 3.6% better than David Lee's career best (sophomore year with the Knicks).

Love's 2010-11 TOV% is 9.8% compared to Lee's 13.7% from this year (also worth noting Lee's TOV% has neve been below 11.8).

Love's 2010-11 True Shooting% was .593% while Lee's TS% this year was .561% (worth noting that Lee's Career TS% is 2% higher than Love's)

And now the most used stat, and the best stat to get a look at an individuals impact and efficiency... Love's PER in 2010-11 was 24.3, Lee's PER this season was 19.2. (Worth noting that Lee's Career PER is 19.2 compared to Love's career PER of 22.1)

Now stats aren't everything, there's a lot of intangibles that the stats just can't measure, at least imo. But they're still a solid insight into what a player has been capable of and what they might be capable of in the future.

two solid posts Goose, I guess you do know something about basketball. Im curious to read some of the responses to the stats displayed in your posts. I think the defensive numbers make the strongest case, and of course the rebounding..

WestCoastSportz
05-21-2013, 12:36 PM
When Lee comes out, its usually the second unit out there for both sides and the Warriors have guys like Carly Landry coming into rebound. Who do the Wolves have? Nobody. Amundson? So of course the Wolves are going to suffer on the boards when Love is on the bench. Landry can probably out-rebound the entire bench of the Wolves.

Chromehounds
05-21-2013, 12:50 PM
I would not trade Klay, not yet anyway. He needs at least another year or two. And I believe Love can walk in the summer of 2015. Like I proposed a couple of weeks ago, I would only trade Lee and Rush for Love not Klay. And regarding Power Forwards, Timmy is still pretty good, at least this year he is. Dirk is still doing his things. The one intrigue here is Pau Gasol, this guy can still play in spots. With his value somewhat lower now, maybe the W's can make a move. Then again the W's is over the cap next year so not sure how but would be nice to have Gasol for a couple of years. Amnesty?

Monta is beast
05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
If you consider the top 10 players in the nba elite, nuff said imo

COOLbeans
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Im not being a dick to you mibs. But I do want to post the definition of elite because top 10 players in a league are always elite.

a. A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status: "In addition to notions of social equality there was much emphasis on the role of elites and of heroes within them" (Times Literary Supplement).

AND

b. The best or most skilled members of a group: the football team's elite.

Monta is beast
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
It seems like people just throw the term elite around now. If you consider the top 10 players in the NBA elite, in my opinion your wrong. To be an elite player, you need to be able to lead your team to a championship as the number one option. LeBron is elite, Durant is elite, Paul is elite, Howard when healthy is borderline elite, Love is not elite. It's laughable that people think he is.

Monta is beast
05-21-2013, 03:07 PM
I mean I get what your saying, to be in the top 10 out of 300+ players is elite by definition. But not in NBA terms.

COOLbeans
05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
If you consider the top 10 players in the nba elite, nuff said imo

Of course, being elite is related to money (so how much they get paid is a factor), intellectual as well as physcal superiority. you cant have a professional league of this size without having elite players.. and The top 10 out of 300 players in the NBA are and always will be considered elite

In no order: Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Paul, Dirk, Anthony, Durant, Parker, Rondo..

You can also put Westbrook in there as an elite player in the league..

Then you have specialty elite players..

Love, Curry, Howard, Marc Gasol, Ibaka (blocks), Harden, Bogut (when healthy), D Williams, Pau, Griffin (athleticism), Kyrie, Noah, Rose and Randolph.

The second group have unique skills that are pretty much unmatched by anyone else in the league other than the top 10 and some are even better thus making them elite at those skills.

COOLbeans
05-21-2013, 03:24 PM
It seems like people just throw the term elite around now. If you consider the top 10 players in the NBA elite, in my opinion your wrong. To be an elite player, you need to be able to lead your team to a championship as the number one option. LeBron is elite, Durant is elite, Paul is elite, Howard when healthy is borderline elite, Love is not elite. It's laughable that people think he is.

You just contradicted yourself mibs. You said 'to be an elite player you need to lead your team to a championship as a number one option.' Then you said, 'Durant, Paul and Howard are elite' even though they haven't won any championships. And maybe never will...

So are you saying that Scottie Pippen wasn't elite as a number 2 option? What about Clyde Drexler or John Stokcton? They were all number two options and Stockton didn't even win a championship.

The players I mentioned as tip 10, elite players dominate the league.

If we look at elite monetarily, it's like comparing a multi-millionaire to a billionaire saying well, 'since the millionaire isn't a billionaire then he's not elite under my definition..'

COOLbeans
05-21-2013, 03:24 PM

You just contradicted yourself mibs. You said 'to be an elite player you need to lead your team to a championship as a number one option.' Then you said, 'Durant, Paul and Howard are elite' even though they haven't won any championships. And maybe never will...

So are you saying that Scottie Pippen wasn't elite as a number 2 option? What about Clyde Drexler or John Stokcton? They were all number two options and Stockton didn't even win a championship.

If we look at elite monetarily, it's like comparing a multi-millionaire to a billionaire saying well, 'since the millionaire isn't a billionaire then he's not elite under my definition..'

Goose17
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
I mean I get what your saying, to be in the top 10 out of 300+ players is elite by definition. But not in NBA terms.

Oh no for sure I get what you're meaning, this entire disagreement between us just seems to be due to different perspectives on what is elite and what isn't.

Out of the hundreds of millions of people that are playing basketball around the entire world right now, and there's only 300-ish people playing in the NBA, and if you're in the top 10 out of those 300, that's unreal, to me anyway.

I guess we just see it differently. To me, guys like Lebron are beyond elite, they're on a whole other level, it's just sheer dominance.

I would class Love, D12, Tony Parker, D.Wade, Bosh, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose, Curry, Irving, Duncan, Harden, Kobe and about 4 or 5 other guys as being "elite" (note; Duncan's overall career is above elite)

Durant and CP3 are on that next level.

Lebron is a place that very few reach, the pinnacle of greatness.

That's just the way I see it.

Monta is beast
05-21-2013, 03:57 PM

I said you need to have the ability to lead your team to a championship as a number one option. Those guys IMO have that ability. I don't think a team lead by Love will ever win a championship. I don't think a team lead by Bosh will ever win a championship.

COOLbeans
05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't think Bosh is elite, but Love as a number 2 option could go to a championship with the right players around him. Put Love on the Lakers, Houston, Memphis, GS, Knicks, Brooklyn, Chicago, and he makes those teams better.

Each of those teams have very good PFs other than Brooklyn and Houston, and I think Love as the 2nd option with those rosters helps those teams go further in the playoffs or even advance to a championship series.

Take Pau off the Lakers and put a healthy Love on then we're talking about a totally different playoffs this year..

bigmac8675
05-21-2013, 10:51 PM
If we traded Klay we would regret it for years to come!

MackShock
05-21-2013, 10:54 PM
remember we traded franchise SG J-Rich for caproom to sign KG? lol..i wonder if well trade our franchise SG again...

COOLbeans
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM

The Los Angeles sports radio banter, namely John Ireland, Mychal Thompson, and Steve Mason have been talking about getting the Lakers grubby hands on Klay. Like they really want to steal him, and they're claiming Klays dad, Mychal's going to help convince him.

bigmac8675
05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
The Los Angeles sports radio banter, namely John Ireland, Mychal Thompson, and Steve Mason have been talking about getting the Lakers grubby hands on Klay. Like they really want to steal him, and they're claiming Klays dad, Mychal's going to help convince him.

:laugh: Silly los Angeles people....

bigmac8675
05-21-2013, 11:05 PM
remember we traded franchise SG J-Rich for caproom to sign KG? lol..i wonder if well trade our franchise SG again...

That trade still pisses me off... ****ing Brandon Wright. I loved J-Rich too... by far my favorite Warrior.

John408
05-22-2013, 01:55 AM
That trade still pisses me off... ****ing Brandon Wright. I loved J-Rich too... by far my favorite Warrior.

Yup, thats probably one of the reasons why Mullin is no longer the GM. Mullin is one of my all time favorite warriors, but he F'd this team up with that silly trade and silly contracts...most notably Beans, Foyle, Murphy...who else, I cannot remember...?

He did do some great things though like build the We Believe Team..Davis trade, Jackson..It was short lived though.

But yes, Jrich was one of my favorite players too. When he was traded, thats when everything went south for the Warriors.

Leandres_sf
05-22-2013, 02:20 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no interest in trading Klay.

Goose17
05-22-2013, 05:22 AM

Nobody is saying we should trade him. Read the first post again.

We're just discussing what his worth would be on the market, what could we realistically get for him.

Goose17
05-22-2013, 05:24 AM

J-Rich was good but he was never a franchise player. I doubt Klay ever will be either. Second options at best, or a very good third.

COOLbeans
05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I agree J Rich is a very good role player but not a 1st or 2nd option on a playoff team

WestCoastSportz
05-22-2013, 03:21 PM
I agree J Rich is a very good role player but not a 1st or 2nd option on a playoff team

I'd probably add the word "anymore" to that statement. He's clearly not the same player he was 6 years ago, but in the 2007 playoffs, he was a very great #2 option behind Baron Davis. He averaged 19 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2 assists. Some could argue that he was probably the #1 option in that series. When Baron Davis was in GS, he made it no secret that he knew that this was JRich's team. He deferred to him quite a bit and played second fiddle to JRich throughout the season.

COOLbeans
05-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I'd probably add the word "anymore" to that statement. He's clearly not the same player he was 6 years ago, but in the 2007 playoffs, he was a very great #2 option behind Baron Davis. He averaged 19 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2 assists. Some could argue that he was probably the #1 option in that series. When Baron Davis was in GS, he made it no secret that he knew that this was JRich's team. He deferred to him quite a bit and played second fiddle to JRich throughout the season.

Ok one year he was a good # 2 option. You say Baron might've played second fiddle, ok.. but for the majority of the time that Richardson was with the Warriors we lost, and we only made the playoffs once. He was an exciting player but Im sorry, like Monta he didn't really get it done.

Goose17
05-22-2013, 03:27 PM

Being the first option on a team isn't the same as being capable of being a first option.

Who's the first option in Orlando right now? Are they a legitimate first option just because they're the first option on that team? Hell no.

As I previously said, J-Rich was never a franchise player. He was a very good player, but calling him a franchise player is severely overrating him.

COOLbeans
05-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Being the first option on a team isn't the same as being capable of being a first option.

Who's the first option in Orlando right now? Are they a legitimate first option just because they're the first option on that team? Hell no.

As I previously said, J-Rich was never a franchise player. He was a very good player, but calling him a franchise player is severely overrating him.

Some people are super homers for J Rich and Monta in here there's no getting around it. I liked Richardson, but you're right, he was not a franchsise player by any means.

Goose17
05-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he was a great player and a very solid second option when he was at his best. But a franchise player he certainly never was.

John408
05-23-2013, 12:31 PM
J-Rich was good but he was never a franchise player. I doubt Klay ever will be either. Second options at best, or a very good third.

At least Jrich was good. Brandon Wright was not very good...at all. Basically a wasted trade.

COOLbeans
05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
At least Jrich was good. Brandon Wright was not very good...at all. Basically a wasted trade.

Except it gave us the money to sign Monta and Biedrins which were good signings at the time.

But I would've found another way..

bigmac8675
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Yup, thats probably one of the reasons why Mullin is no longer the GM. Mullin is one of my all time favorite warriors, but he F'd this team up with that silly trade and silly contracts...most notably Beans, Foyle, Murphy...who else, I cannot remember...?

He did do some great things though like build the We Believe Team..Davis trade, Jackson..It was short lived though.

But yes, Jrich was one of my favorite players too. When he was traded, thats when everything went south for the Warriors.

Agreed.... Mulling dug his own grave with those contracts and terrible trade. Was he the one behind the Marcus Williams trade too? Or was that Rowell?

Also,the other terrible contract you forgot was the Dunleavy contract.

:nod:

Also, for the record while J-Rich was never a franchise player in terms of ability/skills/whatever... he was the face of the franchise and leader of the team. So to trade him was stupid... and to trade him for garbage (aka brandon Wright) was even more stupid

lol, please
05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Klay is literally the only starter I wouldn't mind seeing traded.

bigmac8675
05-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Klay is literally the only starter I wouldn't mind seeing traded.

So you'd rather trade Klay than D. Lee?

lol, please
05-24-2013, 03:08 AM
So you'd rather trade Klay than D. Lee?

I┤d rather trade Klay than anyone. Other than Beans and Jefferson obviously.

bigmac8675
05-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Damn, you must really dislike him. IMO here is the list of guy's I would not trade in order.
1. Curry
2. Barnes
3. Klay
4. Draymond
5. Lee
6. Bogut
7+ Whatever, trade away lol

I'm not saying any of the guys listed are un-tradeable (well maybe Curry IMO) but it would take a really sweet deal to part with them

lol, please
05-24-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't dislike him, he is just the starter I would rather give up, besides he's good trade bait. I wouldn't mind one bit if we just kept them intact. I have said before we can win with this team healthy. As I said before, Dwight is one of the few/only players I would consider trading for at all.

Monta is beast
05-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Pairing Dwight with Steph would make us a championship team for sure. Plus Howard will be healthy next season, and he would definitely enjoy playing here (locker room, fans, coach, winning)

sfattahian
05-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Pairing Dwight with Steph would make us a championship team for sure. Plus Howard will be healthy next season, and he would definitely enjoy playing here (locker room, fans, coach, winning)

I disagree with ya mibs. Dwight was with Kobe and Gasol and couldn't even make the playoffs. While I think he'd make a good fit with the warriors on paper, I hate Howard and I don't think he'd fit our team identity of humble, hard-working skilled players.

He's a me-me-me guy and team later. He just likes to smile into the camera and try to imitate Shaq's charisma, but he can't pull it off. He's an LA guy, and I'd rather see him rot with the Lakers. Plus Bogut is a far better team player, and it's a team sport. The Spurs are showing what teamwork and cohesion can do in a team sport. Too much emphasis is put on getting stars like the Lakers and Yankees. But teams who foster a good clubhouse and chemistry like the warriors, Spurs and SFGiants are the true winning franchises.

I'm praying every night that Bogut comes back healthy...ish.

sfattahian
05-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Bogut put up 14pts 21rbs 4asts and 3 blks in the game 6 clincher vs. Denver then backed it up with a great game 1 vs. the spurs. Howard couldn't do any better himself.

The center position is solved... If he can get healthy...

sfattahian
05-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Don't you guys think we already are a championship team if healthy? I think we proved that vs the Spurs.

Goose17
05-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Don't you guys think we already are a championship team if healthy? I think we proved that vs the Spurs.

lol, no. Not even close.

Anything is possible, but there's a difference between things being possible and things being probable.

We're still at least one piece away, either one elite piece (a la Dwight Howard) or two very high caliber pieces. It's possible that Klay and Barnes will eventually become those two high caliber pieces, hell, Barnes might even end up as that one elite piece (doubt it though), but even then that won't happen for another three or four years at least.

As for what you said about Bogut, I would be more than happy to have a healthy Bogut, when he's 100% he's one of the top 4 big men in the league. But Howard is head and shoulders above every other center, in fact, he's probably better than the other 3 in the top 4 combined. He is definitely the most dominant big man since Shaq, not just physically but in terms of his skill. He struggled this season but that was a combination of culture shock, injuries, lack of chemistry and coaching issues.

D12 has had seven seasons with a PER well above 20, Bogut has had one season where he barely got over 20. Boguts career high in TRB% is comparable to Dwight's career low. Bogut's career high in eFG% is comparable to Howards career low. Dwight has had five seasons with a defensive win share above 5.0, Bogut has had one season with a defensive win share above 5.0

I would happily stick with Bogut if the only other option was a trade involving Barnes or Curry. But there's no doubt Dwight is the vastly superior player.

lol, please
05-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Bogut also has a history of injuries which prevented him a PER above 20.

Goose17
05-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Bogut also has a history of injuries which prevented him a PER above 20.

Right, but having "a history of injuries" isn't exactly a good thing.

Bogut has never even been close to Dwight, aside from Shaq (who was undeniably better), I can't think of any big man in the last few years that has been.

COOLbeans
05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Right, but having "a history of injuries" isn't exactly a good thing.

Bogut has never even been close to Dwight, aside from Shaq (who was undeniably better), I can't think of any big man in the last few years that has been.

In terms of impact on the game when healthy

Howard > Gasol >Bynum > Bogut > Hibbert > Chandler

lol, please
05-25-2013, 10:22 PM
In terms of impact on the game when healthy

Howard > Gasol >Bynum > Bogut > Hibbert > Chandler

Sorry but I disagree. Swap Bynum with Bogut and it would be more accurate.

sfattahian
05-26-2013, 04:28 AM
Sorry but I disagree. Swap Bynum with Bogut and it would be more accurate.

If completely healthy, I'd take Bogut over any center except Duncan. Bynum is great when healthy too.

Keeping in mind this is "when completely healthy" I'd go:

Duncan<Bogut<Bynum<Noah<Lopez<Howard<Gasol<Hibbert<Horford<Chandler

Goose17
05-26-2013, 06:13 AM
If completely healthy, I'd take Bogut over any center except Duncan. Bynum is great when healthy too.

Keeping in mind this is "when completely healthy" I'd go:

Duncan<Bogut<Bynum<Noah<Lopez<Howard<Gasol<Hibbert<Horford<Chandler

LOL.

Wow.

WestCoastSportz
05-27-2013, 02:01 AM
Skill is one thing, but what a guy actually brings to a team in terms of leadership, hard work and other facets have to be considered. Duncan is the epitome of what a star should be. Were the Lakers a better team with Howard this season? Even though their record suggest that they are, I think it could still be debated. He takes the ball away from guys like Kobe and Gasol, with not a lot of offensive skills to do so. Guys like Noah, Chandler, Hibbert, and M. Gasol have no illusions of what they are and they play their role to a point that they make their team better.

Goose17
05-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Skill is one thing, but what a guy actually brings to a team in terms of leadership, hard work and other facets have to be considered. Duncan is the epitome of what a star should be. Were the Lakers a better team with Howard this season? Even though their record suggest that they are, I think it could still be debated. He takes the ball away from guys like Kobe and Gasol, with not a lot of offensive skills to do so. Guys like Noah, Chandler, Hibbert, and M. Gasol have no illusions of what they are and they play their role to a point that they make their team better.

What? Their record was awful. But playing with the Dubs would be an entirely different experience.

We would destroy the West if we retained the splash bros and grabbed D12.

COOLbeans
05-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Howard's being underrated in this forum. If we retain our core bench players, Lee, Curry and one of Thompson or Barnes, I can't think of a better team in the West.

Monta is beast
05-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Exactly

bigmac8675
05-28-2013, 12:23 AM
I still don't see us trading Klay

WestCoastSportz
05-28-2013, 12:58 AM
What? Their record was awful. But playing with the Dubs would be an entirely different experience.

We would destroy the West if we retained the splash bros and grabbed D12.

The Lakers won 45 games this year. Not sure I would call that "awful". If it is, then what would the warriors record be considered with just 2 more wins? Bad? Almost awful?

R. Johnson#3
05-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Although I don't want to see Klay moved from this team I would definitely try to get him on the Raptors.

Klay + Bogut

for

T.Ross + Bargnani

I don't know how Warrior fans value Bogut after the playoffs but he is injury prone. Raptor fans hate Bargnani and that's no secret. I think Bargnani could fit your system though. Plus both contracts expire after the upcoming season.

T.Ross has a load of potential. He's quick, athletic and can shoot. He needs to work on his game off the dribble though. It was a lot of catching and shooting this past season. Klay has already started to show his potential. Right now, Klay is the better player but I think Ross will develop into something better. Anyways, what do you guys think?

likemystylez
05-29-2013, 10:57 AM
The Lakers won 45 games this year. Not sure I would call that "awful". If it is, then what would the warriors record be considered with just 2 more wins? Bad? Almost awful?

Lakers won 45 games..... but the officiating was desperately trying to get them into the playoffs. In the last 2 or 3 weeks it actually became a joke. The games are all broken down on Youtube if you want to take a look. Id say the officials handed them atleast 4 or 5 games, and through out the season- they are probably more like a 35 win team (As shown when they arrived in the playoffs). A 35 win team in the west should not have 2 all stars.

Also the warriors had just 2 more wins, but you could see how much better of a team they were if you watched them play. (Again- look at their work in the playoffs). Also The warriors have core players that are no where near their prime. Curry, Barnes, Thompson, Green, Ezeli are all going to get better over the next 2 or 3 yrs. Hopefully bogut has a decent offseason and the front office makes some productive moves. They unload jefferson and/or biedrins at the trade deadline next yr and get another piece or two.

COOLbeans
05-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Although I don't want to see Klay moved from this team I would definitely try to get him on the Raptors.

Klay + Bogut

for

T.Ross + Bargnani

I don't know how Warrior fans value Bogut after the playoffs but he is injury prone. Raptor fans hate Bargnani and that's no secret. I think Bargnani could fit your system though. Plus both contracts expire after the upcoming season.

T.Ross has a load of potential. He's quick, athletic and can shoot. He needs to work on his game off the dribble though. It was a lot of catching and shooting this past season. Klay has already started to show his potential. Right now, Klay is the better player but I think Ross will develop into something better. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Thanks for coming in. But fortunately, I don't think anyone in the forums going to support that trade. Many view Bogut as a top flight center when healthy, and Bargnani as a soft shooter who will never reach his potential.

We all like what Klay gives us, but the difference between Bargnani and Bogut make the trade a wash from my standpoint, though I think Klay is also way better than Ross right now, so there's no point to the trade from the Warriors POV.

I like Ross, hes an exciting player, but I thought he was a shooter, and he disappeared for long stretches on offense last season.

R. Johnson#3
05-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks for coming in. But fortunately, I don't think anyone in the forums going to support that trade. Many view Bogut as a top flight center when healthy, and Bargnani as a soft shooter who will never reach his potential.

We all like what Klay gives us, but the difference between Bargnani and Bogut make the trade a wash from my standpoint, though I think Klay is also way better than Ross right now, so there's no point to the trade from the Warriors POV.

I like Ross, hes an exciting player, but I thought he was a shooter, and he disappeared for long stretches on offense last season.

His game isn't developed. Once he develops something off the dribble or a screen and roll he'll be something. I understand this trade won't happen. I was just seeing what Warrior fans thought of it and like I said, I'm not sure how much you guys value Bogut.

TrueFan420
05-30-2013, 02:46 AM
His game isn't developed. Once he develops something off the dribble or a screen and roll he'll be something. I understand this trade won't happen. I was just seeing what Warrior fans thought of it and like I said, I'm not sure how much you guys value Bogut.
I will speak for everyone in here and say its a bad trade for us and we want nothing to do with it.

Ross is interesting but Klay is better right now and will only keep getting better. A healthy Bogut is exactly what this team has needed for years. Bargnani is not a starting caliber player. I'd offer beans or Jefferson for him and nothing more. Maybe a second rounder.

lol, please
05-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Bogut is a top 3 Center when healthy.

MackShock
05-30-2013, 04:44 AM
but when will he be healthy :(

WestCoastSportz
05-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Unless a "knock your sock off" type of trade is offered, I would like to see this team play together for a season. With all the injuries to Lee, Bogut and Curry (missing a few games), the amount of time that we've seen the key players on the floor together are seldom. Maybe a Summer and camp is what a guy like Bogut needs to really gel with this team.

lol, please
05-30-2013, 04:19 PM
CallinYouOut is callin you out stylez! :laugh2:

MackShock
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM
this guy has to be a dupe of someone. hes been here for one day and hes already talking crap.

WindyCityFlyer
05-30-2013, 09:17 PM
this guy has to be a dupe of someone. hes been here for one day and hes already talking crap.

Nailed it, thanks for the reported post.

COOLbeans
05-31-2013, 12:46 AM
lol I wonder who he was?

lol, please
05-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Probably OverDaPence or chinatownbizness.

MackShock
05-31-2013, 04:24 AM
webelievegs

lol, please
05-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Klay for Rondo. Get it done!

MackShock
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Let's rip the bucks off again. Klay for Larry sanders straight up

Bayareaboy
06-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Klay for durant straight up!

lol, please
06-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Klay, Jefferson, and Beans for a prime Pippen and Rodman.

ELGUAPO408
06-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Klay for a pack of peanuts

MackShock
06-03-2013, 05:42 PM
At least mines was realistic..

4GiantWarrior9
06-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Unless a "knock your sock off" type of trade is offered, I would like to see this team play together for a season. With all the injuries to Lee, Bogut and Curry (missing a few games), the amount of time that we've seen the key players on the floor together are seldom. Maybe a Summer and camp is what a guy like Bogut needs to really gel with this team.

great post...I agree

ThaDubs
06-04-2013, 12:36 PM
I like Dion Waiters.

TrueFan420
06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I know this would never happen and I'm not saying it should just thoughts...

If a deal was on the table Paul George for Klay and Barnes do you do it

sfattahian
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM

both? no way JosÚ! I'd be hesitant to do it for either one straight up. George is a great budding star, a great all around player, but Klay gives defenses fits with his shooting and Barnes really showed he has a knack for attacking the basket. I think Klay, Barnes and George are all in the same bracket of rising stars. George got more publicity because he went further and he's a great basketball player, but he's not a guy to build your entire franchise around like Curry for example.

I think people are really high on him because he's 'en vogue' but he's not a dominant player in my opinion. Hard to find weaknesses in his game though. He could become a perennial all-star, but doubt he'll ever become a superstar or win a championship with his as the centerpiece.

MackShock
06-04-2013, 04:22 PM
In a heartbeat.

MackShock
06-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Maaaaaaaaybe throw in Stephenson too.

Monta is beast
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM

No chance of this happening. Both teams would say no.

COOLbeans
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I would trade either one for George straight up, but I'd have a harder time giving up Barnes because I think he'll be a better player than Paul in the end.

COOLbeans
06-04-2013, 04:53 PM
both? no way JosÚ! I'd be hesitant to do it for either one straight up. George is a great budding star, a great all around player, but Klay gives defenses fits with his shooting and Barnes really showed he has a knack for attacking the basket. I think Klay, Barnes and George are all in the same bracket of rising stars. George got more publicity because he went further and he's a great basketball player, but he's not a guy to build your entire franchise around like Curry for example.

I think people are really high on him because he's 'en vogue' but he's not a dominant player in my opinion. Hard to find weaknesses in his game though. He could become a perennial all-star, but doubt he'll ever become a superstar or win a championship with his as the centerpiece.

I'd say one weakness is that he can be intimidated and can appear to look scared in huge games where he's needed in every way.

He also on occasion makes multiple mistakes on defense, that I don't think Klay or Barmes would make 4 years into their careers..

***correction***
Paul George is only a 3rd year player which gives him some leeway IMO on some of those mistakes.

Monta is beast
06-05-2013, 01:10 AM
I would trade either one for George straight up, but I'd have a harder time giving up Barnes because I think he'll be a better player than Paul in the end.

no

COOLbeans
06-05-2013, 01:53 AM
no

Will you eat your words? I won't forget this..

MackShock
06-05-2013, 06:53 AM
People forget that Paul George stepped in and basically replaced Danny Granger and nobody was expecting him to do that. I admit I am probably under rating Thompson a lot , but I also know that he has made lots of strides, especially in the defensive department and penetration department. However, I also still want to note that I believe he is a one trick pony still. In contrast to George, he is defensive minded, unlike Thompson. That's why I would rather have him. Just my 2 cents. Like I said, Thompson has made strides on defense, but he isn't defensive-minded first and George is.

GSP
06-06-2013, 09:07 AM

This is the reason i do not comment often .. when u have ******** posts like this ... happy offseason folks ...

WestCoastSportz
06-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Its not that outrageous of an idea (Klay and Barnes for George). Paul George is actually younger than Klay and only 2 years older than Barnes. He fits this team more than Klay and I would hate to give up Barnes, but if they get George, then Barnes becomes a bench player. If they took an expiring contract like Biedrins' and included George Hill, then it could work out. Hill replaces the role of Jarrett Jack.

The ideal scenario would be:

Sending Thompson, Barnes and Biedrins' for George, Green and Hill.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry / George Hill
SG Brandon Rush / Kent Bazemore
SF Paul George / Draymond Green / Gerald Green
PF David Lee / Carl Landry
C Andrew Bogut / Festus Ezeli

COOLbeans
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I think Barnes plays the 4 and Lee goes to the bench if KLAY were traded for GEORGE.

NOBODY in their right mind would trade Klay Thompson and Barnes for Paul George

(Not saying you're not in your right mind or anything)

I like the other additions to the team though

TrueFan420
06-06-2013, 01:11 PM
This is the reason i do not comment often .. when u have ******** posts like this ... happy offseason folks ...

Wow piss off you prick. Hella unneeded. It's a legit question that was brought up. This thread is hypotheticsl and is about what you could get for Klay, even tho its not saying we should trade him. I brought up Klay and Barnes for George and that's within the parameters of this thread. If you wouldn't do it that's fine just state why. Same applies for if you would do it.

COOLbeans
06-06-2013, 01:53 PM
I also think Barnes or George are perfectly capable with playing the 2 guard, preferably Barnes. We would be the best rebounding team, and would be stellar defensively.

TheGoldenGuy30
06-06-2013, 06:16 PM
The best REALISTIC trade I can think of is if we move Klay and David Lee for Andre Iguodala and Kenneth Faried.

This trade allows us to become more athletic at multiple positions, allows barnes to grow as a scorer, and gives us another decent ball-handler in Iguodala when Curry runs off the ball.

Denver also gets better outside shooting with good defense, which is what they desperately need in Klay. And David Lee provides them with a low post scoring option.

WIN-WIN:win:

WestCoastSportz
06-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I think Barnes plays the 4 and Lee goes to the bench if KLAY were traded for GEORGE.

NOBODY in their right mind would trade Klay Thompson and Barnes for Paul George

(Not saying you're not in your right mind or anything)

I like the other additions to the team though

I've never been in my right mind so....

Klay's value is still based on potential. His potential be able to attack the basket and do more than just shoot the ball. Harrison's value is also based on potential. We don't know what kind of player these guys will be in 3 years or even next year. The player that George is NOW is better than either Klay or Barnes and he still hasn't reached his ceiling either while being younger than Klay (by a few months). There is a good chance the Pacers would laugh at the trade idea as they got a bonafide All-Star player that is still on his rookie contract making $3M a year and were a game away from being in the Finals.

bealzballerz
06-12-2013, 11:52 PM
The best REALISTIC trade I can think of is if we move Klay and David Lee for Andre Iguodala and Kenneth Faried.

This trade allows us to become more athletic at multiple positions, allows barnes to grow as a scorer, and gives us another decent ball-handler in Iguodala when Curry runs off the ball.

Denver also gets better outside shooting with good defense, which is what they desperately need in Klay. And David Lee provides them with a low post scoring option.

WIN-WIN:win:

Interesting idea but for it to be win-win Andre would have to age well and Kenneth would have to get more consistent offensively and improve his passing skills. Both teams would still be fun to watch, that's for sure. And if the Dubs did trade away guys I enjoy watching and rooting for then I would selfishly prefer it to be to the Nuggs since I now live in CO and they've become my 2nd favorite team.

GSP
06-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Wow piss off you prick. Hella unneeded. It's a legit question that was brought up. This thread is hypotheticsl and is about what you could get for Klay, even tho its not saying we should trade him. I brought up Klay and Barnes for George and that's within the parameters of this thread. If you wouldn't do it that's fine just state why. Same applies for if you would do it.

I say it is ******** cause have u ever heard OKC talk about trading the franchise building blocks .. think about it .... or for that matter the lakers trading Kobe when he was in his early 20's

Chromehounds
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM

The last time I checked this is a Sports Forum, idiotic comments like yours is a hindrance to good old sports discussions.

Chromehounds
06-13-2013, 01:28 PM

I would not trade both Klay and Barnes for PG, no a way. Barnes could be the next W's AllStars, Klay I would give him another year. All these trade talks are made for a good discussions, but think about it. The W's just had a/one successful year, and some are ready to blow the team up. The We Believe team, there were several reasons why the W's blew that up after the playoffs. This team, we need to keep the core intact. Curry, Barnes, Klay, these guys need to stay put and I would classify Curry and Barnes untouchables.

GSP
06-13-2013, 04:50 PM
The last time I checked this is a Sports Forum, idiotic comments like yours is a hindrance to good old sports discussions.

Next time before u open ur rear think ... don't put up vague comments without giving specifications ... what comments ?? I am saying u r welcome to put up compelling discussion not some crazy ideas ... similar to those Monte Ellis fans .... or Midget basketball fans u see u cannot have a constructive discussion with such individuals because of the vast difference in Grey Matterssssss !!!

Chromehounds
06-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Next time before u open ur rear think ... don't put up vague comments without giving specifications ... what comments ?? I am saying u r welcome to put up compelling discussion not some crazy ideas ... similar to those Monte Ellis fans .... or Midget basketball fans u see u cannot have a constructive discussion with such individuals because of the vast difference in Grey Matterssssss !!!

You're right I should be more specific, I was lumping the "types" of comment what I should have said was "this type of idiotic comment ...". There you go clear and precise.

Regarding your proposal of approved subjects/discussions, you might as well start your own forum. Since this is a public Sports Forum, don't mind if people do not comply to your specific guidelines. And for your constructive discussion comment, it's your choice to engage or not engage in such or any discussions. Rear closing.........Closed!

GSP
06-13-2013, 08:41 PM
You're right I should be more specific, I was lumping the "types" of comment what I should have said was "this type of idiotic comment ...". There you go clear and precise.

Regarding your proposal of approved subjects/discussions, you might as well start your own forum. Since this is a public Sports Forum, don't mind if people do not comply to your specific guidelines. And for your constructive discussion comment, it's your choice to engage or not engage in such or any discussions. Rear closing.........Closed!

Actually it is super idiotic ... seems u eat from ur rear and S$$t from your mouth and use ur brain for digestion thus a retarted discussion thread .. RIP .... Rear Puke !!

TrueFan420
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I say it is ******** cause have u ever heard OKC talk about trading the franchise building blocks .. think about it .... or for that matter the lakers trading Kobe when he was in his early 20's

Harden was a franchise player as well but they traded his *****. Klay and Barnes are not Kobe. I'm not saying I'd make the trade even tho PG is the best of the 3 losing two key young players for one isn't something I'm ready to do as well as wanting to give this team more time to grow. However, this is a sports forum and this is a hypothetical trade thread involving one of the player I included. You don't like the idea just say so but no need to act like a child and call me ******** cause you wouldn't do the trade.

TrueFan420
06-13-2013, 09:21 PM

Agreed

TrueFan420
06-13-2013, 09:24 PM
I would not trade both Klay and Barnes for PG, no a way. Barnes could be the next W's AllStars, Klay I would give him another year. All these trade talks are made for a good discussions, but think about it. The W's just had a/one successful year, and some are ready to blow the team up. The We Believe team, there were several reasons why the W's blew that up after the playoffs. This team, we need to keep the core intact. Curry, Barnes, Klay, these guys need to stay put and I would classify Curry and Barnes untouchables.
I agree I wouldn't do it either. Just thought I'd out it out there. PG is gonna be on another level. Klay will improve but I don't see the same ceiling for him. Barnes I'm torn on. He stepped up big in the playoffs but didnt do much in the reg season. I wanna see him delevop more tho he surprised me.

COOLbeans
06-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I thought Barnes was solid during the regular season. He did a few things spectacular and disappeared offensively on occasion, but that can be expected from a rookie on a heavy offensive team. Barnes was very good defensively and he got better every game.

I watched Barnes and Curry closer than any other NBA players this year

COOLbeans
06-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Double

GSP
06-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Harden was traded ?????? You live in another world and loosing young talent for an older player with miles on his legs .. The idea is totally ******** ..you want to trade the assets we have acquired over the last 2 seasons who have grown by leaps and bounds who almost took u 2 the western conference finals .... man u r 2 much !

lol, please
06-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Klay and Beans for Rondo. Done.

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Harden was traded ?????? You live in another world and loosing young talent for an older player with miles on his legs .. The idea is totally ******** ..you want to trade the assets we have acquired over the last 2 seasons who have grown by leaps and bounds who almost took u 2 the western conference finals .... man u r 2 much !

Yea harden was traded. Look it up. And Paul Goerge is the same age as Klay both were born in 1990. As to wanting to trade them read my first post dumbass I never said we should trade them in fact said I wouldn't but seeing as this thread is hypothetical I posted it to see what other warrior fans thought. Your reading comprehension is a joke. Also nobody is untouchable on this team other than curry. And there a few players in the league I'd trade him for but that would never go down cause they are untouchable.

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 12:46 AM

No to rondo

lol, please
06-14-2013, 12:47 AM
Curry would be gone for Dwight in a heartbeat.

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Curry would be gone for Dwight in a heartbeat.

Lakers don't have the leverage to get him included in the deal. They would take bogut and one of Klay or Barnes and like it. It's better than losing him for nothing which is most likely.

lol, please
06-14-2013, 01:05 AM
I hope you're right.

bigmac8675
06-14-2013, 01:17 AM

No thanks

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 02:28 AM
I hope you're right.

Dwight won't be coming here

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 02:29 AM
I hope you're right.

Dwight won't be coming here

GSP
06-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Yea harden was traded. Look it up. And Paul Goerge is the same age as Klay both were born in 1990. As to wanting to trade them read my first post dumbass I never said we should trade them in fact said I wouldn't but seeing as this thread is hypothetical I posted it to see what other warrior fans thought. Your reading comprehension is a joke. Also nobody is untouchable on this team other than curry. And there a few players in the league I'd trade him for but that would never go down cause they are untouchable.

OKC did not have the money to resign Harden thus they traded him (if that is what you mean), it was a payroll problem not a personnel issue. Paul George is a upcoming player however I wud stick with Klay .. TEAM CHEMISTRY !!!! likely u don't understand much of that .. the team achieved all it did this year because of that .. everyone was eager to help in whatever way they cud the team. Remember this team is like a college team going out for dinners together .. no wonder Jack and Landry want to stay here. Curry is untouchable u and others are a bloody joke on this forumm i had ppl grabbing my throat when the whole curry Vs Ellis discussion was happening. Think long term however that cud be a stretch for someone like u with little to no comprehension !!

GSP
06-14-2013, 04:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8562868/oklahoma-city-thunder-trade-james-harden-houston-rockets

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 05:51 PM
OKC did not have the money to resign Harden thus they traded him (if that is what you mean), it was a payroll problem not a personnel issue. Paul George is a upcoming player however I wud stick with Klay .. TEAM CHEMISTRY !!!! likely u don't understand much of that .. the team achieved all it did this year because of that .. everyone was eager to help in whatever way they cud the team. Remember this team is like a college team going out for dinners together .. no wonder Jack and Landry want to stay here. Curry is untouchable u and others are a bloody joke on this forumm i had ppl grabbing my throat when the whole curry Vs Ellis discussion was happening. Think long term however that cud be a stretch for someone like u with little to no comprehension !!

Well actually they could have signed him but went for ibaka instead. Hell if they were smart they'd have cut Perkins to keep both. And yes i mean they traded him when I said they traded him in reference to you saying you don't trade franchise players. I'm over this conversation with you and this will be last response to you. You have zero reading comprehension. I blame the schools but you should apply your self more education is key in life. Look at every one of my posts. I have said that I wouldn't trade them for PG or for Dwight. I want to let this team grow as a unit. I also said curry is untouchable but if the heat offered us Lebron for curry I'd do that in a second. You'd be dumb not to. I don't throw around untouchable lightly like many do around here. However, there is a small list of players that I'd trade curry for. A wise person once told me not to argue with dumb people because they will drag you down to their level. Thus I will end this argument now because its gone full circle and you have yet to comprehend anything I've said. Good day.

COOLbeans
06-14-2013, 07:20 PM
it's 4:20

TrueFan420
06-14-2013, 10:06 PM
it's 4:20

Hahaha you know I don't smoke anymore

COOLbeans
06-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Ironic though since I just posted it to post it because that was the time that I finally sat down today on this busy Friday if you catch my drift.

Good stuff on not smoking dude how did you do it?

lol, please
06-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Klay will be a laker. Dwight will be a Warrior. :horse:

TrueFan420
06-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Ironic though since I just posted it to post it because that was the time that I finally sat down today on this busy Friday if you catch my drift.

Good stuff on not smoking dude how did you do it?

I stopped for six months to train really hard for my last season. Along with drinking which was way harder. When I finished and tried smoking again it got me uncomfortably high and I didn't like it. Havent really smoked since. Unless I'm really ****ed up at the end of the night and am not getting any *****. ╬ don't remember the last time I smoked.

COOLbeans
06-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Double..

COOLbeans
06-15-2013, 04:35 PM
I stopped for six months to train really hard for my last season. Along with drinking which was way harder. When I finished and tried smoking again it got me uncomfortably high and I didn't like it. Havent really smoked since. Unless I'm really ****ed up at the end of the night and am not getting any *****. ╬ don't remember the last time I smoked.

Good ****. You probably had some fire. Growers are coming out with new strains Quarterly. You probably had some top shelf stuff on your first day back.. Either way, it helped you to kick the habit.

Oh and what sport were you training for?

MackShock
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM

TheGoldenGuy30
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I guess at this point...we could get iguodala..

TrueFan420
06-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Good ****. You probably had some fire. Growers are coming out with new strains Quarterly. You probably had some top shelf stuff on your first day back.. Either way, it helped you to kick the habit.

Oh and what sport were you training for?
Soccer. I use to smoke mad tree and train but in hs is was running every day so it didnt effect me. I smoked weed ever day in hs and still ran a 46 40 4.36 mile and 2 in 12 min. but was also training 5 out 7 days. Club I wasn't training like that so it made more of an impact. And duh I only smoke that fire don't waste time with no bammer as$ weed.

lol, please
06-16-2013, 01:03 PM
^ :clap:

Monta is beast
06-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Me and my boy killed an oz of some platinum girl scout cookies in 2 days aha..

lol, please
06-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Heck yea Mibs!!!