PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins playoff stats

Gators123
05-16-2013, 10:39 AM
@tomhaberstroh

Kendrick Perkins finished with a NEGATIVE PER in the playoffs. -0.7 = worst ever with 200+ mins

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2012-13 28 OKC NBA C 11 11 19.1 0.9 3.4 .270 0.0 0.1 .000 0.4 0.4 1.000 1.4 2.4 3.7 0.6 0.7 0.5 2.2 3.5 2.2

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
2012-13 28 OKC NBA C 11 210 -0.7 .310 .270 8.1 13.8 11.0 5.0 2.0 2.1 38.2 13.7 57 103 -0.7 0.3 -0.5 -0.113

Damn thats bad.

Swashcuff
05-16-2013, 10:43 AM
He did shoot 100% from the FT line :shrug: KD didn't even shoot 85%

Melo > KD

Gators123
05-16-2013, 10:43 AM
2.2 Points Per Game
2.2 Turnover Per Game

3.7 Rebounds Per Game
3.5 Personal Fouls Per Game

dhopisthename
05-16-2013, 10:47 AM
and what is the worst is that his defense wasn't even that great

mightybosstone
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
He's a thug of an NBA center who doesn't rebound well, is completely useless offensively and turns the ball over way too much for someone who hardly ever touches it. I can't think of a move overpaid NBA player than Perkins. And if Brooks wasn't an idiot, he would have given FAR more minutes to Nick Collison than to Perkins, as Collison is just a better basketball player and has more of an impact on the game when he's on the floor. I also thought it was funny how much better OKC played against Houston with a small ball lineup, yet Brooks was determined to play Perkins. WHY?!?! You're winning and it's working!!!!

Max.This
05-16-2013, 10:57 AM
The guy averages more fouls per game, then he does points. What hurts the most is that they could've had jeff green.

Swashcuff
05-16-2013, 10:58 AM
The guy averages more fouls per game, then he does points. What hurts the most is that they could've had jeff green.

Better than having Jeff Green they could have had Tyson Chandler. Too bad he didn't pass the physical.

mightybosstone
05-16-2013, 11:00 AM

That's gotta hurt if you're a Thunder fan. Imagine a small ball lineup with Westbrook, Sefolosha, Green, Durant and Ibaka on the floor or how much Green's offense could have helped this postseason coming off the bench and stepping up without Westy to score at will. Between Harden and Green, those are two big swings the Thunder took and whiffed on.

ghettosean
05-16-2013, 11:06 AM
It's been talked about before but they should probably amnesty him. Ibaka can hold the fort and they can get a free agent to fill in better than what Perkins brings... Aside from him playing very physical down low he doesn't bring much else to the table.

ManRam
05-16-2013, 11:07 AM
i genuinely think his value with boston was legit. he was a very useful player there. he was phenomenal against dwight, which primarily is what commanded my respect from him. i have no idea what's gone wrong since he moved to OKC, but since day 1 he's been terrible.

a complete and utter liability.

Swashcuff
05-16-2013, 11:11 AM
i genuinely think his value with boston was legit. he was a very useful player there. he was phenomenal against dwight, which primarily is what commanded my respect from him. i have no idea what's gone wrong since he moved to OKC, but since day 1 he's been terrible.

Biggest problem with Perk is that you'd think that against Asik (who has proven to have to worth offensively for the Rockets with the kind of free roam he has due to Houston's spacing), Duncan, Dwight and Gasol he'd at least provide some kind of value with his interior D, but he has not. His intangible value isn't enough to trump his short comings in productivity.

Celticsfan2007
05-16-2013, 11:16 AM

His knees are shot since his surgery.

What lateral quickness he had is completely gone and since he was never a big leaper, he is basically just a big body with very little to offer in terms of offensive game.

He can still bang down low and make his presence felt which will never show up on the stat sheet, but his days as a plus defender have been long gone since 09-10' finals.

JordansBulls
05-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Werent the Thunder trying to get Gortat at the trade deadline? What ever happened with that?

hugepatsfan
05-16-2013, 11:28 AM

When OKC traded for Perk he was only a couple games back from that knee injury he suffered against LA in the Finals. People assumed he would just bounce back but he hasn't been able to. Physically he's toast.

And then there's also the KG factor. I don't mean to discredit Perk's performance in BOS because he did play well, but it's just common sense that playing with KG had something to do with it. He just makes other players on his team better defenders even if they were good to begin with.

I don't think the trade itself was too bad for OKC though. Green was never going to thrive there. He's a SF not a PF. He doesn't rebound enough to be a PF and Durant's got SF on lock in OKC. Moving him for a big was the smart choice. In hindsight, Perk clearly wasn't the big to move him for but at the time he offered exactly what they needed - down low toughness and defense as well as championship experience. The trade didn't work out, but it wasn't a franchise crippling move until they refused to amnesty him.

Chronz
05-16-2013, 11:42 AM
PT like this should demand medical attention

Carey
05-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah he was historically bad in the postseason, i appreciate what he brings this team off the floor as well as the transition he helped us make defensively from a physicality and a communication standpoint, but his time has run it's course. He may not have been so much of a sore thumb if we had an actual offensive system but that's a whole other discussion lol. Time to move on, the amnesty awaits

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Better than having Jeff Green they could have had Tyson Chandler. Too bad he didn't pass the physical.

Better than all that, they could have let Green play out his contract or traded him for picks and used some of the extra money to keep Harden.

blahblahyoutoo
05-16-2013, 11:53 AM
perkins should not be in the nba.

3RDASYSTEM
05-16-2013, 12:06 PM
How can anyone say anything bad about PERK on offensive side of ball, small ball only works of the other team is doing it, MEM aint playing no small ball but neither NICK nor PERK are game changers just hustle type and NICK has more energy at this stage in they career

PERK was always a spoon fed type of big and a face scrowler on the court who would bring a lil interior toughness but nothing more than that, a rebound here and there, it was KG who fueled that BOS culture, along with RIVERS and a developing RONDO

Longhornfan1234
05-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Kendrick Perkins finished with a negative PER in playoffs. -0.7 = worst ever with 200+ mins.

Baller1
05-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Presti went from being arguably the best GM in the league to being a no doubt bottom 5 GM.

Presti had Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Jeff Green, and Serge Ibaka ON ONE ROSTER. And he managed to **** that up, massively. Say goodbye to that potential dynasty Presti.

zn23
05-16-2013, 12:32 PM

KG + System is what it was.

For him to play 19.1 minutes a game is an absolute joke. This guy doesn't even deserve 10 minutes. Collison deserved to be the starter and playing more.

You have to blame Scott Brooks for playing him, and obviously Sam Presti for trading for him cause they have to amnesty him now.

b@llhog24
05-16-2013, 01:48 PM
"Stats aren't everything"

roshan3ai
05-16-2013, 01:52 PM
They could've just amnestied him and had Russ, Harden, KD, and Ibaka...

bcc
05-16-2013, 03:27 PM

Start with no still-in-his-orime Kevin Garnett playing alongside him.
Of note, someone needs to give Danny Ainge some credit here. He was roundly criticized for trading Perk in the first place, then overpaying Jeff Green this past off season (4/$36M). But the reason he traded Perk was he didn't believe Kendrick was worth the $8M per that OKC ended up paying him.
Green had a real nice second half of the season and at age 26, with 3 years remaining on his deal (and the strong possibility Pierce will be gone), there's a good chance he'll continue to improve.
No question the Celtics got the better of that trade.

MrfadeawayJB
05-16-2013, 03:36 PM
“@d_jacks89: Kendrick Perkins has more fouls (38) in the playoffs than points, assists, and blocks combined (36)

eugene
05-16-2013, 03:39 PM

This...

netsgiantsyanks
05-16-2013, 03:41 PM
:ouch:

JiffyMix88
05-16-2013, 03:54 PM
PER -0.7!?! :speechless: you would think you could at least stand around and get a 5 jeez loueez

zn23
05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Start with no still-in-his-orime Kevin Garnett playing alongside him.
Of note, someone needs to give Danny Ainge some credit here. He was roundly criticized for trading Perk in the first place, then overpaying Jeff Green this past off season (4/$36M). But the reason he traded Perk was he didn't believe Kendrick was worth the $8M per that OKC ended up paying him.
Green had a real nice second half of the season and at age 26, with 3 years remaining on his deal (and the strong possibility Pierce will be gone), there's a good chance he'll continue to improve.
No question the Celtics got the better of that trade.

Ainge definitely deserves credit for shipping this 'BUM' of a player out. Green could end up being a really solid role player along Rajon Rondo.

jayjay33
05-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Presti went from being arguably the best GM in the league to being a no doubt bottom 5 GM.

Presti had Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Jeff Green, and Serge Ibaka ON ONE ROSTER. And he managed to **** that up, massively. Say goodbye to that potential dynasty Presti.

That's real talk right there. I don't care if you have to put them with a bunch of d-leaguers making the min, you do it. Them 5 still winning a you a chip.

hugepatsfan
05-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Couldn't they have had Tyson Chandler with that group too?

Westbrook
Thabo/Harden
Durant/Green
Ibaka/Collison
Chandler

Holy **** that team would have been loaded.

D-Leethal
05-16-2013, 06:30 PM
He was probably a bigger reason Miami smoked them in the finals than Harden's chokejob. If you don't have a back-to-the-basket post-up-on-the-block C, which very few teams do, he brings nothing but negatives to the table.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Couldn't they have had Tyson Chandler with that group too?

Westbrook
Thabo/Harden
Durant/Green
Ibaka/Collison
Chandler

Holy **** that team would have been loaded.

Chandler failed a physical though. Without knowing the inside knowledge, I wouldn't put that on him.

bagwell368
05-16-2013, 08:27 PM

Stop with this. Jeff Green is no more than a back-up to KD. He was always bound to be a FA on the way out of town for pure economics if nothing else.

bagwell368
05-16-2013, 08:29 PM

Perkins as a role player from 2007-2010 had value. But once the knees went and he was separated from KG, it was never going to be good as I posted at least 50 times in the six months following the trade.

blahblahyoutoo
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
only jason kidd is having a worse post season than perkins.

b@llhog24
05-16-2013, 09:08 PM
He was probably a bigger reason Miami smoked them in the finals than Harden's chokejob. If you don't have a back-to-the-basket post-up-on-the-block C, which very few teams do, he brings nothing but negatives to the table.

Funny thing is he embodies a handful of cliches you often hear. "Championship experience" "Veteran Presence" "Mental Toughness" "Enforcer" "He does things that doesn't show up in the box score" Lol in general he sucks though.

smith&wesson
05-16-2013, 09:19 PM
2.2 Points Per Game
2.2 Turnover Per Game

3.7 Rebounds Per Game
3.5 Personal Fouls Per Game

:laugh:

and what is the worst is that his defense wasn't even that great

What's worst is that if they didn't sign him they would have had the money for harden.

smith&wesson
05-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Stop with this. Jeff Green is no more than a back-up to KD. He was always bound to be a FA on the way out of town for pure economics if nothing else.

lol anyone not named lebron would be a back up sf to durant, doesn't mean they suck. Green has way more value then Perkins.

Plus the money it took to retain Perkins could have went towards a better contract for harden.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-17-2013, 12:04 AM
“@d_jacks89: Kendrick Perkins has more fouls (38) in the playoffs than points, assists, and blocks combined (36)
:puke:

bagwell368
05-17-2013, 05:17 AM
lol anyone not named lebron would be a back up sf to durant, doesn't mean they suck. Green has way more value then Perkins.

OKC needed a #5. Last I checked Green isn't a #5, nor even a good #4 from a rebounding and defending long and/or strong #4's POV.

The league has a salary cap, and Green's contract was coming on, and OKC wasn't going to pay big money to hang onto a guy playing either out of position (#4) or as a back-up #3.

Comparing Green and Perkins head to head is useless, because they don't serve the same function. If you want to argue OKC should have gotten more (and not got stuck with Nate Robinson's contract and losing a #1, and losing a fine small offensive center (Krstic), and then extend and brutally over pay Perkins, I'm with you all the way, in fact there is no doubt I was the most vocal critic of that trade from OKC's POV from day 1.

Plus the money it took to retain Perkins could have went towards a better contract for harden.

No doubt, and that's another point I was making when it was being discussed the first time here.

Goose17
05-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Let's take a look at what Presti has done just in the draft...

He drafted Kevin Durant, James Harden, Russel Westbrook, Jeff Green and Serge Ibaka. Those are all really solid picks, amazing picks actually when you consider three out of those five guys are probably regarded as one of the top 3 players in their position (KD and Harden for sure, Westbrook depends on who you ask).

But OKC also drafted Quincy Pondexter and Craig Brackins over Jordan Crawford, Greivis Vasquez and Lance Stephenson.

They drafted Reggie Jackson over Marshon Brooks, Jimmy Butler and Chandler Parsons.

And the jury is still out on Perry Jones III who they drafted over my Dubs very own Festus Ezeli (Owe you one Presti) and Marquis Teague. Whether or not that turns out to be a bad move we'll have to wait and see.

Personally I still think Presti is a damn good GM, one of the best in the league, you don't draft KD, Westbrook, Harden, Jeff Green and Ibaka in under five years out of sheer luck. He knows what he's doing, but like every other human on this planet, he's made his fair share of mistakes as well.

Losing Harden seemed to be out of his control to an extent. Singing Perkins to that contract was just stupid though, at least, looking back on it.

If only Captain Hindsight was around right now.

4milesperday
05-17-2013, 10:08 AM

Yea he was but not for the reason you mentioned. Perkins is the slowest player in the league and it was easy for Miami to get to the rim most of the time because it was usually 5 on 4 while Perks takes his time running back on defense.

OceanSpray
05-17-2013, 11:27 PM
He went against Gasol/ZBO, arguably the best front court.. Not ashamed but he is honestly terrible.