PDA

View Full Version : NBA Board of Governors vote against the relocation of the Kings to Seattle

sacgiants1213
05-15-2013, 05:56 PM
The NBA Board of Governors has voted down the relocation bid to move the Kings to Seattle, @USATODAYsports has learned

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/334789018812309506

DerekRE_3
05-15-2013, 06:01 PM
**** the Maloofs.

And this is amazing.

GrandDaddyPurp
05-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Still have yet to hear on sale of team. That's most important.

sacgiants1213
05-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Stern Press Conference coming soon.

Celticsfan2007
No Seattle Supersonics :(

GrandDaddyPurp
Waiting to hear Vivek as new owner of the Kings..

Infamous916
05-15-2013, 06:06 PM
The City of Sacramento rejoices at the Maloof's failure.

ManRam
05-15-2013, 06:06 PM
No Seattle Supersonics :(

that is sad. i wish they had a team.

but the kings shouldn't lose theirs to achieve that goal.

akesh99
05-15-2013, 06:08 PM
^agree completely

SACNYY
05-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Good. Now the Kings just need a legit owner that is focused on winning.

RLundi
05-15-2013, 06:20 PM
I was pulling for Seattle :(

No offense to Kings fans.

justinnum1
05-15-2013, 06:23 PM
No surprise here

xnick5757
05-15-2013, 06:25 PM
lawsuit incoming in 3, 2, 1

TeamSeattle
05-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I think I might quit with the NBA after this year.

Stern is f***king a**hole and helped Sacramento every step of the way. Seattle never even had a chance.

KingPosey
05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Hansen and that group do not want a long drawn out lawsuit. I would bet that's not In The cards, especially if they want a shot at an expansion team, don't pull that ****.

KingPosey
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM

Stern is f***king a**hole and helped Sacramento every step of the way. Seattle never even had a chance.

You shouldn't have had a chance to get the KINGS to begin with man. Another team or an expansion team? Yeah you guys deserve a team for sure.

Sacramento was duped and pushed back.

NYKnicksAllDay
05-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Glad the Kings are staying in Sacramento. I still hope that Seattle will get a team back soon. It sounds as if expansion might be a legitimate option in the next few years.

hyphy king 88
05-15-2013, 06:48 PM

Its not about Seattle losing. Its about Sacramento Staying and not leaving. You guys will get a team just not ours.

Baller1
05-15-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't want an NBA team after this whole thing. Keep this scum of a league out of Seattle.

kingsdelez24
05-15-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't want an NBA team after this whole thing. Keep this scum of a league out of Seattle.

Dude are you kidding me? This is so hypocritical coming from a Seattle fan. I bet you're gonna jump for joy when Seattle gets an expansion team.

i'myourdaddy
05-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Dude are you kidding me? This is so hypocritical coming from a Seattle fan. I bet you're gonna jump for joy when Seattle gets an expansion team.

He was jumping for joy a few weeks back lol. I do hope NBA never come back to Seattle.

imbetterthanyou
05-15-2013, 07:10 PM

Hes been hypocritical through every step of the way. Its funny that he calls the NBA scummy because its doing the right thing and not ripping a team away twice. What happened to Seattle was wrong. If the Kings left it would also have been wrong. NBA learned from its first mistake and does the right thing this time, but somehow theyre scummy.

JLynn943
05-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Hes been hypocritical through every step of the way. Its funny that he calls the NBA scummy because its doing the right thing and not ripping a team away twice. What happened to Seattle was wrong. If the Kings left it would also have been wrong. NBA learned from its first mistake and does the right thing this time, but somehow theyre scummy.

It's not even just that. Sacramento had a complete, viable alternative and arena plans in place while Seattle didn't. The NBA didn't want to set a precedent where a city is defenseless even if it has enough support.

Quinnsanity
05-15-2013, 07:17 PM
I have to say I've really been disturbed by this whole situation, especially Kevin Johnson. It seems like his massive push to keep the Kings has occupied far too much of his time, and it's hard not to be annoyed by that as he's a former NBA player. What about California's crumbling economy? Or their horrible public education? A new arena is money wasted. These are the Kings, not the Lakers. I don't like how much of an emphasis Kevin Johnson has placed on this, I don't like a state in such a bad economic position spending this kind of money, and overall I just think this team should have been moved to Seattle.

JLynn943
05-15-2013, 07:21 PM
I have to say I've really been disturbed by this whole situation, especially Kevin Johnson. It seems like his massive push to keep the Kings has occupied far too much of his time, and it's hard not to be annoyed by that as he's a former NBA player. What about California's crumbling economy? Or their horrible public education? A new arena is money wasted. These are the Kings, not the Lakers. I don't like how much of an emphasis Kevin Johnson has placed on this, I don't like a state in such a bad economic position spending this kind of money, and overall I just think this team should have been moved to Seattle.

As far as I know, the arena is part of a huge downtown development project that should bring a lot of jobs. Besides, KJ's job is mayor of Sacramento, not governor of California. The state economy is not his concern.

DerekRE_3
05-15-2013, 07:22 PM

Eh...Government usually makes those issues worse anyways. Take the economy...California seems to do everything possible to stop businesses from wanting to do business in this state.

kpak76
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM

I couldnt agree with you more. ****** the NBA!!! Have Balmer recruit Allen and they take their billions and create a new league.

xk4
05-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Charlotte moves to Seattle

Memphis moves to Southeast Div (Eastern Conf)

OKC to Southwest Div

everyone is happy. Except the 2 Bobcats fans.

dtmagnet
05-15-2013, 07:24 PM
There should definitely NOT be an expansion team, look how watered down the talent is in the league already.

kpak76
05-15-2013, 07:25 PM

hey putz be glad that you didn't get your team ripped out of your city. We Sonics fans can feel hurt as much as we want because when the chairs are all sat in, Seattle has to be the left standing. And we are still standing.

kpak76
05-15-2013, 07:28 PM
It's not even just that. Sacramento had a complete, viable alternative and arena plans in place while Seattle didn't. The NBA didn't want to set a precedent where a city is defenseless even if it has enough support.

Did you actually follow whats happening in Seattle? Hansen has bought the land the new arena is suppose to be built on. The City has agreed to give their share of the loan and moneybags Ballmer and Hanson will fork over the rest. It's about as sweet of a deal a city can get on a building plan. Ours was in place far before Sac town even thought about yours. Also we don't have any groups sueing the city to stop the new arena like they are experiencing in Sac town right now. Is that new arena really on solid footing there, or is this vote going to come again next year when it falls apart?

NYKnicksAllDay
05-15-2013, 07:30 PM
There should definitely NOT be an expansion team, look how watered down the talent is in the league already.

I highly doubt adding 15 more players to the league would make that much of a difference.

NYKnicksAllDay
05-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Did you actually follow whats happening in Seattle? Hansen has bought the land the new arena is suppose to be built on. The City has agreed to give their share of the loan and moneybags Ballmer and Hanson will fork over the rest. It's about as sweet of a deal a city can get on a building plan. Ours was in place far before Sac town even thought about yours. Also we don't have any groups sueing the city to stop the new arena like they are experiencing in Sac town right now. Is that new arena really on solid footing there, or is this vote going to come again next year when it falls apart?

I think he was referring to Seattle not having a viable arena plan when they moved to OKC back in 2008. But that has a lot to do with the OKC ownership group screwing Seattle over.

i'myourdaddy
05-15-2013, 07:35 PM

Yawn, and you think the NBA didn't weighed both side carefully? Yeah a multi-billion league will miss all the facts that you just mention in your post and still allow Sacramento to keep the Kings even with all the problems you're pointing out. Maybe you have an inside source that the NBA don't, please give them a call.

cubfan23
05-15-2013, 07:44 PM
I have a question....how can the league block the sale of a team that wants to relocate after they have the financial backing to do that?

DerekRE_3
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM
I have a question....how can the league block the sale of a team that wants to relocate after they have the financial backing to do that?

It wasn't about Seattle. It was about whether Sacramento can support an NBA franchise. They decided that it could and should not be moved.

JLynn943
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM

I was talking about when Seattle moved. They obviously had a viable plan and group this time.

The lawsuits for the Sac arena supposedly have no legal standing and were clearly not a concern to the BOG.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-15-2013, 07:57 PM
It wasn't about Seattle. It was about whether Sacramento can support an NBA franchise. They decided that it could and should not be moved.

yeah, but its the Maloof's team.. Cant they sell who they want to?

kpak76
05-15-2013, 07:58 PM
I think he was referring to Seattle not having a viable arena plan when they moved to OKC back in 2008. But that has a lot to do with the OKC ownership group screwing Seattle over.

IC, actually it was that and also the local leadership rolling over for the OKC group and the NBA at the time. See what following the rules with the NBA gets you?

kpak76
05-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Yawn, and you think the NBA didn't weighed both side carefully? Yeah a multi-billion league will miss all the facts that you just mention in your post and still allow Sacramento to keep the Kings even with all the problems you're pointing out. Maybe you have an inside source that the NBA don't, please give them a call.

They obviously didn't, one side had more money (by A LOT), a better arena plan that was much further ahead. Move to the 12th largest media market in the US and they guarantee to be a payor into the revenue sharing plan. Tell me how the NBA can tell the Maloofs they can't sell to that group?

I can easily pick up a newspaper and get all this info, maybe you should call the NBA owners to pick up said newspaper and save me a whole lot of trouble.

kpak76
05-15-2013, 08:02 PM

Thats exactly what this whole debaucle was, a way to force Sac town to give the NBA a new arena. It was never about Seattle getting a team, once again the people that live in Southern Alaska are used as examples for ****bag Sterns!!!

kpak76
05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
I was talking about when Seattle moved. They obviously had a viable plan and group this time.

The lawsuits for the Sac arena supposedly have no legal standing and were clearly not a concern to the BOG.

Actually even then if the NBA had waited another year they would have gotten their new arena and this whole saga would have never happened. The dustbowl known as OKC would still be teamless and Durant would be sporting green and gold right now. Ballmer came in on the 11th hour to try and save the team, but a whole bunch of douchebags (starting primarily with Howard Schultz) all plotted to move the team to OKC. Back then it was never about Seattle keeping their team, it was all about how do we move the Sonics to a dustbowl?

You see why we are so pissed at the NBA up here? Personally I want nothing more than see the NBA fold and Stern put away for violating anti-trust laws.

Baller1
05-15-2013, 08:09 PM

Explain the hypocrisy.

You guys are right, I should love the NBA for giving Seattle a big middle finger for over five years now.

Chucky Woods
05-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Good Sacremento deserves THEIR team, but some new ownership please.

JLynn943
05-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Actually even then if the NBA had waited another year they would have gotten their new arena and this whole saga would have never happened. The dustbowl known as OKC would still be teamless and Durant would be sporting green and gold right now. Ballmer came in on the 11th hour to try and save the team, but a whole bunch of douchebags (starting primarily with Howard Schultz) all plotted to move the team to OKC. Back then it was never about Seattle keeping their team, it was all about how do we move the Sonics to a dustbowl?

You see why we are so pissed at the NBA up here? Personally I want nothing more than see the NBA fold and Stern put away for violating anti-trust laws.

I definitely understand being angry. The Thunder shouldn't exist. Seattle got screwed by a lot of people when that happened.

hyphy king 88
05-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Chris Hansen:

While we are obviously extremely disappointed with today's relocation vote and truly believe we put forth both a significantly better offer and Arena plan, we do thank the league and the owners for their time and consideration and look forward to hearing back on our agreement to join the Maloofs as Limited Partners in the Kings.

But most of all I would like to thank everyone in Seattle who has been a part of our effort and supported our cause. Words simply can't express how much your support has meant to me personally and to our City. I truly believe we did everything possible to put our best foot forward in this process and you all should be proud and hold your heads high today.

Our day will come...and when it does it will just be that much sweeter for the struggle.

I love you Seattle!

óChris Hansen

:confused:

Kyle N.
05-15-2013, 08:59 PM

Could the Maloofs sell the team to me? I think I would be a good owner.

JLynn943
05-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Chris Hansen:

I don't know. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot doing this. Expansion sounded like a very real possibility in Stern's press conference.

JLynn943
05-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Could the Maloofs sell the team to me? I think I would be a good owner.

Certainly better than what we've got now

Quinnsanity
05-15-2013, 09:21 PM
At least it seems like the Seattle ownership group can get this done with another team. Whether it's Milwaukee or Indiana or Charlotte or whoever, Seattle will get a team.

PleaseBeNice
05-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Who's ready for the Kings to be competitive again!? Me!!

hyphy king 88
05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
At least it seems like the Seattle ownership group can get this done with another team. Whether it's Milwaukee or Indiana or Charlotte or whoever, Seattle will get a team.

Highly doubt Pacers will leave Indiana. They are a basketball town.

KingPosey
05-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Did you actually follow whats happening in Seattle? Hansen has bought the land the new arena is suppose to be built on. The City has agreed to give their share of the loan and moneybags Ballmer and Hanson will fork over the rest. It's about as sweet of a deal a city can get on a building plan. Ours was in place far before Sac town even thought about yours. Also we don't have any groups sueing the city to stop the new arena like they are experiencing in Sac town right now. Is that new arena really on solid footing there, or is this vote going to come again next year when it falls apart?no it wasn't in place before we ever thought about ours because we already had an ENTIRE OTHER DEAL the Maloofs AGREED to, and lied about.

We have asked REPEATEDLY if the team would be for sale and for what amount and they repeatedly said no because they were hell bent on burning the city. Get the facts straight. We have been locked and loaded for here.

KingPosey
05-15-2013, 09:45 PM
I have to say I've really been disturbed by this whole situation, especially Kevin Johnson. It seems like his massive push to keep the Kings has occupied far too much of his time, and it's hard not to be annoyed by that as he's a former NBA player. What about California's crumbling economy? Or their horrible public education? A new arena is money wasted. These are the Kings, not the Lakers. I don't like how much of an emphasis Kevin Johnson has placed on this, I don't like a state in such a bad economic position spending this kind of money, and overall I just think this team should have been moved to Seattle.hes the Mayor of Sacramento, not the Governor of California. He saved a multimillion dollar business that rings revenue to the city AND the entire incorporated area in major ways. Not to mention it MEANS SOMETHING to the community. This was a BIG deal. Losing this team shrinks the city, period.

mjt20mik
05-15-2013, 09:46 PM
All these votes kinda make me scratch my head how the NBA allowed owners to move Seattle and Vancouver to their current locations.

TeamSeattle
05-15-2013, 09:49 PM

Thnx man good luck with whoever your team maybe.

BKLYNpigeon
05-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Jordan should sell the Bobcats to Seattle. he would make 100% profit from his initial purchase price of the team.

dopeboy206
05-15-2013, 10:42 PM
First words Stern said to open the press conference.

"This will be a short conference, I have a game to get to in Oklahoma City"

What an F'd up thing to say at a time like this which involves Seattle. What is his beef?

Baller1
05-15-2013, 10:52 PM

What an F'd up thing to say at a time like this which involves Seattle. What is his beef?

He's a ****ing piece of ****. He's just a ****** person, all the way to his core.

RLundi
05-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I highly doubt adding 15 more players to the league would make that much of a difference.

What about 30 players? Or 60? Those numbers seem minuscule relative to the amount of players in the league but it's significant. The point is it adds another theoretic non-competitive perennial loser to the league, hence watering it down.

Vinny642
05-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Good. Now the Kings just need a legit owner that is focused on winning.

I remember the Hornets with Shinn towards the later years... pissed me the hell off

steelcityroller
05-16-2013, 12:02 AM
All these votes kinda make me scratch my head how the NBA allowed owners to move Seattle and Vancouver to their current locations.

I was reading something earlier talking about how the NBA execs got wined and dined into moving the team to Oklahoma City.

Boozerguy47
05-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Congrats to the city of Sacramento.

Hansen continues to state he won't pursue legal action. He still is waiting to hear if he will be able to purchase 20% of the Kings from the Maloof brothers.

As I said months ago, I'm content with my Mariners and Seahawks. Still would have been nice to get a team back here, but I wanted to see Stern come out on the losing end more than anything.

DerekRE_3
05-16-2013, 12:34 AM

Any sale has to be approved by the NBA. The NBA can't force them to sell the team, but they can dicate whether the team is sold or not. When the Maloofs originally bought the Kings, they agreed to the NBA bylaws, which incude any sale being approved by the Board of Governors.

CityofTreez
05-16-2013, 12:52 AM

Tell you the truth, he saved one of the worst public HS in the community, Sacramento High School. He's Alumni there, and rejuvenated it into something ALOT better.

He's done a decent job as mayor in Sac, but there is nothing disturbing about fighting to keep an NBA franchise in Sacramento.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I have to agree there should be a expansion team to Seattle. What's 15 extra players? Heck some teams in the luxury tax probably be hoping the expansion team would take some of their players. To get them out of luxury tax through expansion draft. But the league would have 31 teams. Wouldn't we need two expansion teams so every team plays 82 games? Players union wouldn't mind 15 new jobs added. Well maybe the owners wont like some of their piece of the tv deal ate up. But a new team has to pay the league as a buy in.

ManRam
05-16-2013, 11:44 AM

i think it's hypocritical for seattle fans to want the kings to lose their team so badly (essentially all because of terrible ownership/nothing about the fans) so they can have one again.

that's not how it should be. i feel bad for seattle fans and they deserve a team, but again, it absolutely shouldn't be at the expense of sacramento. seattle fans you'd think would understand that the best.

hyphy king 88
05-16-2013, 01:16 PM
i think it's hypocritical for seattle fans to want the kings to lose their team so badly (essentially all because of terrible ownership/nothing about the fans) so they can have one again.

that's not how it should be. i feel bad for seattle fans and they deserve a team, but again, it absolutely shouldn't be at the expense of sacramento. seattle fans you'd think would understand that the best.

Exactly how a lot of us fans feel. :clap:

ManRam
05-16-2013, 01:18 PM

that's pretty dumb, for sure.

but OKC is a thriving team. them having a basketball team right now is a great thing for the league.

how and why they left seattle is terrible, but the end result is working for him. it's a business :shrug:

TeamSeattle
05-16-2013, 01:33 PM

I'll just stop before I get banned replying to this guy. I've never had somebody who i've disagreed with more in my entire life; guess you can post crap like this when you have no affiliation to any team.

Baller1
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM
It's easy to say we should feel for Sacramento and not want their team, when it's from the outside looking in.

But again, you guys lose your team and let us know how much sympathy you have for other teams. I don't want Sacramento to lose their team, and I want Seattle to have a team. But I want Seattle to have a team much more than I care about Sacramento keeping their team. Simple as that.

Baller1
05-16-2013, 01:46 PM
But I've given up hope and all care of getting a team back to Seattle. Seeing OKC beginning to burn to the ground and Stern retiring is good enough for me.

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 01:48 PM
But I've given up hope and all care of getting a team back to Seattle. Seeing OKC beginning to burn to the ground and Stern retiring is good enough for me.

So you are off the OKC wagon now?

PleaseBeNice
05-16-2013, 01:57 PM

And I'm the childish one

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-16-2013, 01:59 PM
It's easy to say we should feel for Sacramento and not want their team, when it's from the outside looking in.

But again, you guys lose your team and let us know how much sympathy you have for other teams. I don't want Sacramento to lose their team, and I want Seattle to have a team. But I want Seattle to have a team much more than I care about Sacramento keeping their team. Simple as that.

Yes, but saying that Stern is currently screwing Seattle is not true.

This was more about giving Sacramento every chance to keep their team rather than "keeping one away from Seattle".

Truth is, Kevin Johnson and Sacramento's politicians have done a lot more to keep their team than Seattle did back when they lost theirs.

Sure Seattle got screwed by OKC ownership and is fighting now to get a team back, but that doesn't mean they should take Sacramento's team, especially when they are fighting so hard to keep theirs.

What kind of precedent does that set?

Bottom line is that two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't blame you for still being pissed at not having a team, but its another thing to scream and shout that the NBA is screwing you because they let Sacramento keep theirs (and deservedly so.).

Baller1
05-16-2013, 02:32 PM
So you are off the OKC wagon now?

Pretty much, I just consider myself a KD fanboy now. But I really could care less about the NBA anymore, I haven't watched one full game of these playoffs.

Baller1
05-16-2013, 02:32 PM
And I'm the childish one

How the **** was that post childish?

Baller1
05-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Yes, but saying that Stern is currently screwing Seattle is not true.

This was more about giving Sacramento every chance to keep their team rather than "keeping one away from Seattle".

Truth is, Kevin Johnson and Sacramento's politicians have done a lot more to keep their team than Seattle did back when they lost theirs.

Sure Seattle got screwed by OKC ownership and is fighting now to get a team back, but that doesn't mean they should take Sacramento's team, especially when they are fighting so hard to keep theirs.

What kind of precedent does that set?

Bottom line is that two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't blame you for still being pissed at not having a team, but its another thing to scream and shout that the NBA is screwing you because they let Sacramento keep theirs (and deservedly so.).

Which is exactly why I've stated that an expansion team would be ideal, both sides win. But if only one side wins, why does everyone expect Seattle fans to root for Sacramento to win? Makes zero ****ing sense.

ManRam
05-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I'll just stop before I get banned replying to this guy. I've never had somebody who i've disagreed with more in my entire life; guess you can post crap like this when you have no affiliation to any team.

we've disagreed on like two things here. every time you've ignored my point. it's not baiting, trolling or anything, it's called discussion.

do you disagree with my comment?

two wrongs don't make a right :shrug:

and i don't get this "don't have an affiliation with a team" stuff. we all know i have a favorite team...they just haven't played in a month and i keep tabs on a lot of things outside of just them.

ManRam
05-16-2013, 02:38 PM

it's totally understandable; i'm sure i'd feel the exact same way. it's hypocrisy from the outside looking in, but from the inside all that matters is getting a team back.

i liked the seattle franchise a hell of a lot more than the sacramento one, but i just don't want to see a city that's passionate about its team (even when they're terrible) because of a terrible ownership group who couldn't care less. that would just be terrible.

i do think seattle will get a team again, i just hope it's not sacramento's. it doesn't even have to be an expansion team...there are other teams that i think could relocate there and for all the right reasons.

TeamSeattle
05-16-2013, 03:14 PM
we've disagreed on like two things here. every time you've ignored my point. it's not baiting, trolling or anything, it's called discussion.

do you disagree with my comment?

two wrongs don't make a right :shrug:

and i don't get this "don't have an affiliation with a team" stuff. we all know i have a favorite team...they just haven't played in a month and i keep tabs on a lot of things outside of just them.

You like to disagree with people for the sake of disagreeing and I find it funny its usually with a fanbase you don't particularly care for. I don't have time for devil's advocates who stir up trouble.

kpak76
05-16-2013, 03:50 PM
no it wasn't in place before we ever thought about ours because we already had an ENTIRE OTHER DEAL the Maloofs AGREED to, and lied about.

We have asked REPEATEDLY if the team would be for sale and for what amount and they repeatedly said no because they were hell bent on burning the city. Get the facts straight. We have been locked and loaded for here.

Ok, your picking at bones here, but anyways our arena deal was set in place in the summer (I think thats right) of 2012 (the year is correct). if you really want to know who had their arena plan first it was Seattle. It's a pointless point, because ofbviously the NBA doesn't care who had it first. Also we still don't have the opposition to the arena like Sac town doesn

kpak76
05-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Chris Hansen:

It's basically him telling the world he will pull a Clay Bennett on Sac town being in cahoots with the Maloofs. This isn't over!

kpak76
05-16-2013, 03:54 PM

You missunderstand. Seattle fans do not want Sacramanto to lose their team, we want a team back. It really doesn't matter if its the Kings or an expansion team. TBO a lot of us feel like they want an expansion team so that Sac town doesn't go through what we went through 5 years ago.

Randy West
05-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Maybe since Stern said if the sonics left originally they would never have the chance at another team he meant it. Stern is also stepping down at some point and it wouldn't be going back on his word if the new commish Silver actually expanded back into Seattle or they ok'd the sale and move of another team there.

kpak76
05-16-2013, 04:07 PM
that's pretty dumb, for sure.

but OKC is a thriving team. them having a basketball team right now is a great thing for the league.

how and why they left seattle is terrible, but the end result is working for him. it's a business :shrug:

Did that douche actually say this?????? GOD F U ******** SPERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 04:57 PM
It's basically him telling the world he will pull a Clay Bennett on Sac town being in cahoots with the Maloofs. This isn't over!

It's over. The deal is close to being done with the Sac group.

Goose17
05-16-2013, 05:04 PM
This is good for Sac. I would love to see a return of the Sonics in Seattle but two wrongs don't make a right. Taking the Kings away isn't the right way to get it done.

What they really need to do is look at expanding, Canada deserve another team as well, maybe in Montreal or in Vancouver again? Would love to see Kansas City, Missouri getting a team but that's for another topic.

kpak76
05-16-2013, 05:33 PM
It's over. The deal is close to being done with the Sac group.

Source? You can't take the vote as the answer because that was a vote about the Kings moving to Seattle. It was not about the sale.

Everything I've heard is that the Maloofs still want to sell to Hanson and Ballmer.

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Source? You can't take the vote as the answer because that was a vote about the Kings moving to Seattle. It was not about the sale.

Everything I've heard is that the Maloofs still want to sell to Hanson and Ballmer.

Mayor Kevin Johnson arrived home today and said the group led by Silicon Valley executive Vivek Ranadive was close to finalizing a deal to buy the Sacramento Kings.

“It’s going to be close to being signed in the next day or two,” the mayor said at Sacramento International Airport. “I’ll be surprised if we get past the weekend. I feel very confident about that.”

Ranadive is in talks to buy the Kings from the Maloof family after the NBA on Wednesday rejected the franchise’s proposed move to Seattle. NBA Commissioner David Stern said the league was working to close the deal by the end of the week.

Speaking by phone, Kings co-owner George Maloof said negotiations with Ranadive are “going on fine.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13271

– Reported by Ryan Lillis, Dale Kasler and Tony Bizjak of the Sacramento Bee

OliveMyPrivates
05-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Kings are terrible. Seattle would seem like a better fit at this point and the fans would probably be excited to have a basketball team back.

Jenceman
05-16-2013, 06:42 PM

Ha, jumping off the OKC bandwagon now I see? Can't say I feel bad. It's like the child who demands their parent breaks their sibling's toy because their toy broke.

So yeah, absolutely hypocritical and childish way to act about the whole situation. This time it's okay for a fan base to be screwed because you'd benefit. It was wrong the first time and would have been just as wrong now.

kpak76
05-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Ha, jumping off the OKC bandwagon now I see? Can't say I feel bad. It's like the child who demands their parent breaks their sibling's toy because their toy broke.

So yeah, absolutely hypocritical and childish way to act about the whole situation. This time it's okay for a fan base to be screwed because you'd benefit. It was wrong the first time and would have been just as wrong now.

It's so easy to sit on a high horse when you have no emotional envolvement in the situation isn't it?

i'myourdaddy
05-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Kings are terrible. Seattle would seem like a better fit at this point and the fans would probably be excited to have a basketball team back.

LOL too manly to post on your real PSD account?

Boozerguy47
05-17-2013, 12:39 AM
it's totally understandable; i'm sure i'd feel the exact same way. it's hypocrisy from the outside looking in, but from the inside all that matters is getting a team back.

i liked the seattle franchise a hell of a lot more than the sacramento one, but i just don't want to see a city that's passionate about its team (even when they're terrible) because of a terrible ownership group who couldn't care less. that would just be terrible.

i do think seattle will get a team again, i just hope it's not sacramento's. it doesn't even have to be an expansion team...there are other teams that i think could relocate there and for all the right reasons.

Not to dwell on the past, but that is exactly what happened to Seattle a few years back. Schultz decided to turn down Steve Ballmer and sell it to Clay Bennett. Like Sacramento's situation, you can easily qualify the previous Sonics owner as terrible--in regards to acting in a city's best interest.

I understand your point and fully agree. Just not sure if people realize Seattle not only got screwed by Bennett, but also its prior owner. It's unfortunate Schultz didn't just sell to Ballmer back then. Oh well, all in the past but interesting to think about.

Yesterday a reporter asked Stern what he'd say to Seattle fans that believe Sacramento had much more support from the NBA than Seattle received years ago when fighting for its team (because yesterday's relocation vote was delayed an entire month allowing Sacramento to improve its position). All Stern said was "I don't know what you're talking about." Find that somewhat comical.

Sounds like a decent majority of Seattle fans don't want Hansen to purchase his minority share of the Kings. Heard a few say it is too "Bennettish"...

Gibby23
05-17-2013, 12:40 AM
And deal is done with the Sac group..

Boozerguy47
05-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Good, probably for the best. Let Hansen and his group focus elsewhere. Good luck to Sac-town.

LOOTERX9
05-17-2013, 01:32 AM
sacramento blows

TeamSeattle
05-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Good, probably for the best. Let Hansen and his group focus elsewhere. Good luck to Sac-town.

Yea it was good for em, hope for the best.

sacgiants1213
05-17-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm shocked the Maloofs sold so quickly. Thank you Kevin Johnson, Vivek and co.

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 7h
Sources said that Seattle group was compelling and that more owners were probably in favor of Seattle vote, but that Stern swayed the vote.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 7h
Sources close to the process in Dallas yesterday said that David Stern was an active participant in Seattle/Sac vote.lol

alexander_37
05-17-2013, 09:06 AM
From a business standpoint this makes 0 sense, the NBA ****ed up.

i'myourdaddy
05-17-2013, 12:00 PM
From a business standpoint this makes 0 sense, the NBA ****ed up.

Maybe you should be the new commish instead of Silver. You sound like you know what you're talking about and that Stern ****ed up.

Baller1
05-17-2013, 12:17 PM
lol

And there you have it... Stern is the scum of the earth, and I hope someone hurts him next time he tries to step foot in Seattle.

Stinkyoutsider
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I want to see both Sacremento and Seattle have teams. I miss the Sonics.

Didn't the Sonics move to OKC because of the stadium issue? If so, Stern may want to get a team there as soon as that situation is fixed.

alexander_37
05-17-2013, 02:01 PM
I want to see both Sacremento and Seattle have teams. I miss the Sonics.

Didn't the Sonics move to OKC because of the stadium issue? If so, Stern may want to get a team there as soon as that situation is fixed.

They moved because Shultz was an unbelievable tool who had no clue what he was doing. He ran the team into the ground and sold it to Sterns BFF who lied about wanting to stay in Seattle then proposed the most expensive arena in the league in the worst spot that had to be funded exclusively by the city. When the city said no he broke the lease and left town like he wanted to do all along.

So in short Seattle was basically screwed twice by Stern who pushed to have the law broken against them twice.

For the thousandth time I have no interest one way or the other I am a Rockets fan.

GrandDaddyPurp
05-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Seattle doesn't deserve a team but they'll get an expansion team one day, maybe.

Gibby23
05-17-2013, 06:54 PM
The Maloofs are keeping the 30 million dollar deposit from the Seattle group.. lol

True Sports Fan
05-17-2013, 11:08 PM
The Maloofs are keeping the 30 million dollar deposit from the Seattle group.. lol That was the whole reason for them relocating. Get the extra 2
30m then get someone to overpay them for Kings

Boozerguy47
05-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Seattle doesn't deserve a team but they'll get an expansion team one day, maybe.

And you say that because of what happened a few years back?

i'myourdaddy
05-18-2013, 01:27 AM
And you say that because of what happened a few years back?

Probably because of how some sonic fans were acting throughout this whole saga.

tapajafri
05-21-2013, 12:40 AM

and why should seattle have had a chance to begin with? The seattle group was working with the maloofs behind the NBA's back while Kevin Johnson and the Sacramento group was doing what the STANDARDS are, and that's working with the NBA. Not to mention, Sacramento kept passing every benchmark test by working with the NBA. You're mad seattle never had a chance, but that's because they put themselves in that situation. Hansen and Maloofs tried going behind the NBA's back and ended up breaking the rules. It's not the NBA/Stern's fault for siding with Sacramento. Sacramento did what they were supposed to do while Seattle was trying to be sneaky. That's your group's fault.

tapajafri
05-21-2013, 12:42 AM

hypocrite of the year right here

tapajafri
05-21-2013, 12:43 AM
As far as I know, the arena is part of a huge downtown development project that should bring a lot of jobs. Besides, KJ's job is mayor of Sacramento, not governor of California. The state economy is not his concern.

Yeah, you pretty much just owned Quinnsanity. He's someone who is clearly uneducated and doesn't have all of the facts.

tapajafri
05-21-2013, 12:45 AM
And there you have it... Stern is the scum of the earth, and I hope someone hurts him next time he tries to step foot in Seattle.

we got a madd1