PDA

View Full Version : If I am A Long Lost Seattle Supersonics Fan

RocketLoc80
05-15-2013, 06:35 AM
I`d absolutely give up on getting them back in Seattle because the league is only concerned using Seattle as leverage to put pressure on other teams to build new arenas. You can forget about the Kings and taking the Bucks from Milwaukee wouldn`t just be right. Seems like all is lost because Stern and Clay Bennett has a grudge and an ax to grind with Seattle and seems like the entire league does. And at the end of the day this Chris Hansen guy seems like he busted his chops to get the team back but he may just have been jacked for his entire investment with no kind of refund so basically he got robbed by some grimy and shady owners who basically new of their intentions from the beginning.So really he was fighting a losing battle and still is.So I think in all Seattle should just give the middle finger to the NBA and never deal with them again.

bholly
05-15-2013, 07:13 AM
That's a lot of conclusions to jump to based on not much.

Sinattle
05-15-2013, 11:34 AM
It might open the door for an expansion in Seattle.

RocketLoc80
05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
It might open the door for an expansion in Seattle.

Get real that`s not happening

DallasTrilla23
05-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I bet that Seattle will get an expansion team after the TV deal if they don't get one of the existing teams. There's just too much support for them to not get another team. Plus they already have an arena plan and a buyer.

Six-8-TheWizard
05-15-2013, 11:22 PM
They'll get a team eventually but not before Stern milks them for everything they are worth first. This is not the last time they'll use Seattle for leverage to get what they want

luzxkm
05-15-2013, 11:50 PM
It might open the door for an expansion in Seattle.http://www.gqtt.info/5j1.jpg

Sactown
05-16-2013, 02:52 AM
I don't get why people are saying "Using Seattle", What do you mean? to build a new arena? that's been in place for 2 years, but the owners don't have the money, Hate Sacramento and want to sell to someone else... They didn't "Use Seattle" The Maloofs worked out a deal with Seattle, but the League thought it would be better to keep a team that has a valuable market, with potential owners, and a great fanbase there... this had less to do with Seattle and more to do with Sac.

Guppyfighter
05-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Seattle could get the Bucks by 2017.

ccg34
05-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Only losers quit. We need to keep fighting to get a team. I believe the NBA will come back. When is anyone's guess. I would like to think we will get an expansion team or the Bucks within 3 years but nothing is guaranteed. We got a top notch ownership group in Hansen, Balmer, and Nordstrom, a state of the art arena deal, and a hungry fans. David Stern is our only roadblock to get a team. He will be gone hopefully by next year.

RocketLoc80
05-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Only losers quit. We need to keep fighting to get a team. I believe the NBA will come back. When is anyone's guess. I would like to think we will get an expansion team or the Bucks within 3 years but nothing is guaranteed. We got a top notch ownership group in Hansen, Balmer, and Nordstrom, a state of the art arena deal, and a hungry fans. David Stern is our only roadblock to get a team. He will be gone hopefully by next year.

Keep making that pipe dream up at this point if I was the city of Seattle I wouldn`t want to have anything to with the NBA anymore after I been buttf**ked twice in 5 years.

kpak76
05-16-2013, 04:30 PM
That's a lot of conclusions to jump to based on not much.

Did you hear Sperms opening comment? If that wasn't a sucker punch to Seattle, I don't know what is!!!

The Bradley
05-16-2013, 04:49 PM
The thing I have never understood from 2008 is why most Seattle fans think the NBA screwed them over and their local government gets a free pass. This article written by a Sonics fan is pretty spot on.

http://www.sonicsrising.com/2013/5/12/4324702/lets-be-honest-about-what-happened-here-and-what-is-happening-in

slaker619
05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
They should bring in 2 more teams Seattle & a Kansas team

kpak76
05-16-2013, 05:36 PM
The thing I have never understood from 2008 is why most Seattle fans think the NBA screwed them over and their local government gets a free pass. This article written by a Sonics fan is pretty spot on.

http://www.sonicsrising.com/2013/5/12/4324702/lets-be-honest-about-what-happened-here-and-what-is-happening-in

You obviously don't know how things went down here. The local leadership did not get a free pass, Mayor Nipples got booted when his election came up and Frank Chop who was the other opponent of the Sonics has not been heard from since we voted him out also. The real person who got a free pass was the biggest villain of them all, Howard Shultz, the former Sonics owner who sold to the Okie group.

I call all former Sonics fan to start a Starbucks boycott.

alexander_37
05-17-2013, 09:24 AM
There will be no expansion, the NBA is already a watered down product.

RocketLoc80
05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
There will be no expansion, the NBA is already a watered down product.

So you agree with me that the Seattle Supersonics are basically dead right?

alexander_37
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
So you agree with me that the Seattle Supersonics are basically dead right?

Probably, unless they stick around to by the bobcats or bucks.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-17-2013, 10:43 AM
wouldnt they need a team by this year to become the sonics again? because after this year OKC owns the history

BKLYNpigeon
05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
They should bring in 2 more teams Seattle & a Kansas team

haha, they should subtract 4 teams.

RocketLoc80
05-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Upping