PDA

View Full Version : Clippers want Howard?

Cracka2HI!
05-15-2013, 01:36 AM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-could-the-clippers-be-going-after-dwight-howard/2013/05/14/comment-page-1/

I'm using a Lakers site as a source LOL! I've been saying this is a possibility since my Clipps got eliminated and I started to focus on the offseason(again). I've heard CP3 to the Lakers and CP3 to the Knicks...if that kind of crap can fly around here than how about a scenario that can actually happen that has a source? If the Clippers can shed DJ and Caron's contract they have the cap space to sign both CP3 and Howard. If CP3 and Howard really want to play together why wouldn't they want the Clippers? I'm not talking about history, just talking about todays NBA where the Clippers are a top team with a well run organization.

raiderposting
05-15-2013, 01:41 AM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-could-the-clippers-be-going-after-dwight-howard/2013/05/14/comment-page-1/

I'm using a Lakers site as a source LOL! I've been saying this is a possibility since my Clipps got eliminated and I started to focus on the offseason(again). I've heard CP3 to the Lakers and CP3 to the Knicks...if that kind of crap can fly around here than how about a scenario that can actually happen that has a source? If the Clippers can shed DJ and Caron's contract they have the cap space to sign both CP3 and Howard. If CP3 and Howard really want to play together why wouldn't they want the Clippers? I'm not talking about history, just talking about todays NBA where the Clippers are a top team with a well run organization.

Once a Donald Sterling, always a Donald Sterling.

Dade County
05-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Please don't put the Clippers organization into this.

The league/power's to be, should not be upset if the Clips could pull this off. If the Lakers can't be on top, why not the 2nd best thing in the same arena.

But I have to ask... If they would let this happen, why not let the Lakers keep their trade (veto Cp3), the Lakers was in the middle of pulling off a big power play move ( Kobe, Cp3, Howard ).

So know if this actually goes down, how would that look?

These idiot owners and stern forever changed the league history... fake *** league.

Cracka2HI!
05-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Haha just 2 posts, already the responses I expected. This isn't about the Lakers or how horrible Donald Sterling was/is...it's about the Clippers only having to cut 2 contracts to have enough cap space to sign both Howard and CP3. The owners have no way to veto this.

bholly
05-15-2013, 01:53 AM
But I have to ask... If they would let this happen, why not let the Lakers keep their trade (veto Cp3), the Lakers was in the middle of pulling off a big power play move ( Kobe, Cp3, Howard ).

Are you serious? Because it was awful for the Hornets.

Odominator
05-15-2013, 02:00 AM

I disagree, The hornets had a bucket of picks plus would be able to stay competitive with the proposed trade. The league was against it only because the Lakers were able to shed Odom's contract while holding onto Bynum for a potential Dwight trade. Meaning, they would have gotten Cp3 while clearing up cap space.

Dade County
05-15-2013, 02:02 AM

Their GM gave the OK; and now look what might happen, Gordon might be traded back to the clippers... It's a ****in joke.

bholly
05-15-2013, 02:13 AM

Haha just 2 posts, already the responses I expected. This isn't about the Lakers or how horrible Donald Sterling was/is...it's about the Clippers only having to cut 2 contracts to have enough cap space to sign both Howard and CP3. The owners have no way to veto this.

Neither contract is going to be easy to move at all - each are a lot of money for a team to take on without sending anything back. Chances are you'd be giving up Bledsoe and some first rounders, and even then I'm not sure it gets done.

Even if they got the trades done and got down to just Blake and Jamal Crawford, plus 8 min salary holds, that's $25,548,940. If there's a $60m cap that leaves $34,451,060 for CP3 and Dwight, whose maxes combine to $39,181,609 - so they'd be looking at about a $5m salary cuts between them in the first year. If they split that evenly and get maximum raises that's over $14m lost for CP3 over 5 years and over $10m lost for Dwight.

That's a lot of money to give up. If it came to that they might be better off going somewhere without Blake (Atlanta?).

If it comes to that, my guess is the Clippers would happily give up Crawford, but that's another salary to dump without taking anything back, and would leave them with CP3+Dwight+Blake and a bunch of min salaries for the next few years (although they'd get the MLE back next year).

Or they could trade Blake away, in which case they could get Dwight no problem and the salary thing becomes pretty much moot.

Overall, I think the prospect of them cutting salary and signing Dwight is a pretty big long shot. They'll try, of course, and it'll likely become a real story, but it's going to be really hard to get it done.

bholly
05-15-2013, 02:24 AM
I disagree, The hornets had a bucket of picks plus would be able to stay competitive with the proposed trade. The league was against it only because the Lakers were able to shed Odom's contract while holding onto Bynum for a potential Dwight trade. Meaning, they would have gotten Cp3 while clearing up cap space.

Yeah, because it makes a huge amount of sense for the league to turn down a good deal and thus reduce the value of the franchise they're trying to sell, just to prevent their biggest cash-cow franchise from being good and making a tonne of money. That's a real solid interpretation of the league's incentives.

Either that, or they just didn't think it was a good deal for the franchise. Which is more likely?

The package they were getting was Martin (28), Scola (30), Odom (31), Dragic, and a Knicks pick that looked like it was going to be mid to late first round. That package sucks big time (particularly compared to just keeping the superstar they had under contract for another year and not taking on all that salary, or trading him for the kind of assets that lend themselves to a proper rebuild - which is what they end up getting), and I'd have turned it down in a second as well.

Cracka2HI!
05-15-2013, 02:24 AM
^^Completely agree with everything...it's a real long shot. It's not like CP3 to the Lakers or Knicks. There is a possible way it could happen. The Clippers will certainly do it if possible and all players involved are probably talking about it.

sep11ie
05-15-2013, 02:30 AM
why is this thread worthy?

Chronz
05-15-2013, 10:30 AM

A bucket of picks? They got a lotto pick from the Clips. And that trade would have given them a bunch of old/declining players. They most definitely wouldn't have competed, only they wouldn't have been bad enough to get the #1 pick either. Why become a treadmill 10th seed when you can rebuild properly?

Chronz
05-15-2013, 11:42 AM
On topic, its impossible to free up the cap bro. Nobody is taking them for free

numba1CHANGsta
05-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Here come the "(insert NBA team here) want Howard" threads :)

oak2455
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Here come the "(insert NBA team here) want Howard" threads :)

:laugh: well done

TylerSL
05-15-2013, 03:28 PM
they deserve him.

Asik's better
05-15-2013, 04:57 PM
If the clippers were smart and wanted clear up some cap, they would trade Griffin to the rockets.

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Shedding Caron and Jordan is a tough task. I knew when lac gave Jordan that contract it would handicap them in the future

2-ONE-5
05-15-2013, 05:08 PM
how is trading him within the West smart?

kobe4thewinbang
05-15-2013, 05:09 PM
You're dreaming if you think the Lakers are giving their baby brother Dwight Howard for their birthday.

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2013, 05:18 PM
You're dreaming if you think the Lakers are giving their baby brother Dwight Howard for their birthday.

Technically it would be out if the lakers hands. The decision would be solely Dwight's since he is a fa

Method28
05-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Honestly at this point....im not so sure id want him anymore. Hes a lil *****. Plus how would Howard n Griffin fit.together down low

RLundi
05-15-2013, 05:30 PM

Dwight is a free agent, smart man.

Cracka2HI!
05-15-2013, 05:36 PM
On topic, its impossible to free up the cap bro. Nobody is taking them for freeDJ only has 2 years left and is 24. He is the most athletic Center in the game. I think Clippers fans underrate him as a prospect because we don't need a prospect right now. If you pair Caron's salary with Bledsoe and give away the package for free I have no doubts someone would swoop in on that. I don't think it's going to happen but it's not nearly as impossible as people think. Especically if CP3 and Howard really want to play together.

You mean the baby brother who is now all growed up and moping the floor with the sad old washed up pathetic fat out of shape loser older brother...right? Also you showed a failure in comprehension skills. This thread has nothing to do with the Lakers trading him.

Cracka2HI!
05-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Honestly at this point....im not so sure id want him anymore. Hes a lil *****. Plus how would Howard n Griffin fit.together down lowA hell of a lot better than Blake and DJ, Hollins or Odom. I hate Howard as well but if we could get him I'd have to be all for it.

Chronz
05-15-2013, 06:19 PM
DJ only has 2 years left and is 24. He is the most athletic Center in the game. I think Clippers fans underrate him as a prospect because we don't need a prospect right now. If you pair Caron's salary with Bledsoe and give away the package for free I have no doubts someone would swoop in on that. I don't think it's going to happen but it's not nearly as impossible as people think. Especically if CP3 and Howard really want to play together.
What kind of teams have the cap space to absorb contracts that huge? Those kind of salary dumps are rare

SACNYY
05-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Lakers would be smart to not re-sign Howard. He's a joke. Orlando was perfect for him, he's dumb for leaving.

Iron24th
05-15-2013, 06:59 PM
You mean the baby brother who is now all growed up and moping the floor with the sad old washed up pathetic fat out of shape loser older brother...right? Also you showed a failure in comprehension skills. This thread has nothing to do with the Lakers trading him.

Be classy man.

Your 4 regular season wins against us gave you nothing, you're a first round exit as well.

kobe4thewinbang
05-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Technically it would be out if the lakers hands. The decision would be solely Dwight's since he is a faCan the Clippers offer as much money as the Lakers? That seems to be the deciding factor between him choosing the Lakers over other teams. All reports I have seen and heard is that the Lakers can offer him up to 15 or 30 million more than Dallas, Houston and Atlanta.

I don't understand how, though, because the Lakers are waaaaaaay over the cap even without Dwight's monster contract. Frankly, I would like for Dwight to actually develop some post moves first before getting a huge payday.

HouRealCoach
05-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Anthony Davis>>>>>>Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom

RLundi
05-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Be classy man.

Your 4 regular season wins against us gave you nothing, you're a first round exit as well.

Did you also tell your fellow Laker fan to be classy as well?

bholly
05-15-2013, 09:08 PM
DJ only has 2 years left and is 24. He is the most athletic Center in the game. I think Clippers fans underrate him as a prospect because we don't need a prospect right now.

The problem is he's paid a huge amount. When he got that contract his hype was at its peak and other teams (except the Warriors, obv) were still shocked how much it was. Since then he's only gotten older, and hasn't improved much, if at all. It's a real tough sell to really anyone.

Can the Clippers offer as much money as the Lakers? That seems to be the deciding factor between him choosing the Lakers over other teams. All reports I have seen and heard is that the Lakers can offer him up to 15 or 30 million more than Dallas, Houston and Atlanta.

I don't understand how, though, because the Lakers are waaaaaaay over the cap even without Dwight's monster contract. Frankly, I would like for Dwight to actually develop some post moves first before getting a huge payday.

The Lakers can offer him a starting salary of 5% higher than his current salary, and then raises of 7.5% (of the starting amount) per year over a 5 year contract.
The Clippers can offer him a starting salary of 5% higher than his current salary, and then raises of 4.5% (of the starting amount) per year over a 4 year contract.

Using storytellers' salary figure for this year ($19,536,360), that means the Lakers can offer annual salaries of:
$20,513,178; $22,051,666; $23,590,155; $25,128,643; $26,667,131 - for a total of $117,950,774 over 5 years.
The Clippers (or anyone else, including a sign and trade) can offer:
$20,513,178; $21,436,271; $22,359,364; $23282457 - for a total of $87,591,270 over 4 years.

So the Lakers can offer $30,359,503 more over the life of the contract. $3,692,372 of that comes from the first 4 years, where they can offer bigger raises, and $26,667,131 comes from being able to offer the extra year.

Of course, these amounts also affect what happens on his next contract, too. If Dwight signed for 4 years somewhere and then got another max after that (in 2017 when he's 31) then that 5th year with the Lakers is only $2,220,552 more than he'd be getting elsewhere, so the difference in earnings over the 5 years is $5,912,924.
But if signing with the Lakers would lead to another max in 2018 then that would also start at a higher amount (than his 2017 contract if he goes to the Clippers first) and there'd be higher raises, meaning differences of about $1.7m; $2m; $2.3m; $2.5m; etc, in years 6-9, and possibly an extra year if they wanted to give him a 5-year max until he was 37 (which seems unlikely).

Of course, the CBA could expire as soon as 2017 (and likely will), so it's likely there'll be new rules by the time he re-signs, and all the numbers in the last paragraph are therefore approximations based on the current rules.

So, in short, it comes down to how much Dwight values a few million here and there, and how much security he needs against injuries and a new CBA and whatever.

At one extreme, if he thinks there's a good risk he's out of the league in 5 years time and this is his last contract, then the Lakers' offer gives him an extra $30,359,503 of lifetime earnings.

At the other extreme, if he thinks he's getting a max now and then will still be a max player afterwards, the Lakers offer gives him about $6m more over the next 5 years, then probably a few million more per year (and maybe an extra year) on his next contract, depending on the new CBA - maybe a total extra of $10-15m over his career, but there are a lot of unknown variables.

If he thinks he'll still be playing but won't get a max on his next contract then the difference in 2017-18 will be $26,667,131 minus whatever he gets on the first year of his post-Clippers contract, but some of that difference would likely be made up in later years given that he could likely command a better contract in 2017 as a 31 year old than in 2018 as a 32 year old, especially if he's declined from being a max player already.

Chuck Taylor
05-15-2013, 09:27 PM
He needs a well rounded team and the clippers are just that. The lakers will be bare bones now that Kobe's out. If Dwight wants a championship, he'll leave. If he wants endorsements and huge paycheck, he'll stay with the lakers. As a laker fan I hope he leaves. However, if he goes to the Clips, the joke will be on us because they have the perfect supporting cast. damn, it's so frustrating in Lakerland nowadays.

bleedprple&gold
05-15-2013, 09:33 PM

It's called Bird Rights i.e. you can go over the cap to re-sign your own players and no one else can offer as much as the Lakers, not even in a sign-and-trade (new CBA rules).

Cracka2HI!
05-15-2013, 10:52 PM
What kind of teams have the cap space to absorb contracts that huge? Those kind of salary dumps are rareTeams with the cap in need of a Center are; Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Dallas, Milwaukee, Phoenix and Portland. Portland makes sense to me. I can see Cleveland being interested. Screwing the Lakers over could be an added bonus to some of these teams. I can see Washington taking EB and Caron off our hands. They like Butler and would get Bledsoe for paying his salary.

Be classy man.

Your 4 regular season wins against us gave you nothing, you're a first round exit as well.I was only responding man. I will never just randomly bash the Lakers for their sorry season and situation. However I ain't taking any baby brother or banner pointer ****, because the fact is the Clippers are a better team. With Jimbaco running the show they are a better run organization as well. I think some Laker fans are naive to what their team really is now.

Iron24th
05-16-2013, 02:50 AM
Teams with the cap in need of a Center are; Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Dallas, Milwaukee, Phoenix and Portland. Portland makes sense to me. I can see Cleveland being interested. Screwing the Lakers over could be an added bonus to some of these teams. I can see Washington taking EB and Caron off our hands. They like Butler and would get Bledsoe for paying his salary.

I was only responding man. I will never just randomly bash the Lakers for their sorry season and situation. However I ain't taking any baby brother or banner pointer ****, because the fact is the Clippers are a better team. With Jimbaco running the show they are a better run organization as well. I think some Laker fans are naive to what their team really is now.

No we're not, come to the Lakers forum and you'll see what we think about our team right now, and being without our top player didn't help, I wondering what Clippers would have looked without CP3.

Iron24th
05-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Did you also tell your fellow Laker fan to be classy as well?

He is a lakers/celtics fan, ask him.

Cracka2HI!
05-16-2013, 03:32 AM
No we're not, come to the Lakers forum and you'll see what we think about our team right now, and being without our top player didn't help, I wondering what Clippers would have looked without CP3.I'm not saying ALL Laker fans. I'm saying some. If a Laker fans calls me out with little brother or banner BS, I'm striking back. I know MOST Laker fans know they are in a low point. There are SOME that still talk ****.

Iron24th
05-16-2013, 04:14 AM
I'm not saying ALL Laker fans. I'm saying some. If a Laker fans calls me out with little brother or banner BS, I'm striking back. I know MOST Laker fans know they are in a low point. There are SOME that still talk ****.

Of course there is always some arrogants fans in every fanbase.

Chronz
05-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Teams with the cap in need of a Center are; Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Dallas, Milwaukee, Phoenix and Portland. Portland makes sense to me. I can see Cleveland being interested. Screwing the Lakers over could be an added bonus to some of these teams. I can see Washington taking EB and Caron off our hands. They like Butler and would get Bledsoe for paying his salary.

With regards to DJ:
Atlanta will go after Dwight with their cap space, possibly even CP3. Dont see them helping us at all.
Charlotte is the best hope, doubt any major star wants to go there but they still got a few youngsters they might resign first.
Cleveland tried to trade for DJ at the start of last year but that was when they were unloading AV. Absorbing him with AV still under contract is prolly the last option for a team looking to pair another star for its budding superstar while it can.

Not sure about Milwaukee.

Dallas?? Not sure Cuban would go for it to help us get the player he covets.

Washington/Phoenix/Portland don't really have the cap

rhd420
05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
You do know Sterling is still the owner right?
It wouldn't surprise me at just the comment - many teams INCLUDING the Clippers are going to look at Howard

Right now, Lakers can pay the most for Howard, he knows that ... the league knows that, if he leaves then so be it, nothing as a fan I or any fan can do about it. The Lakers will literally have 1 player against the cap the following year in a free agent class which will include LeBron James and if the front office doesn't do anything stupid, they can rebuild quickly and have a down year next year.

Not like they didn't do it before ... they'll do it again

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm not saying ALL Laker fans. I'm saying some. If a Laker fans calls me out with little brother or banner BS, I'm striking back. I know MOST Laker fans know they are in a low point. There are SOME that still talk ****.

The Lakers low point is the Clippers high point.

gatkins11
05-16-2013, 02:47 PM
The Clippers want Howard and people in hell want ice water.

Goose17
05-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I would like to see D12 in a Clips uniform but I don't think it's likely. If anything I feel like he's more likely to end up in Houston or wherever J-Smoove ends up. But that's only as an option B, I think the Lakers have the best chance of signing him.

Chronz
05-16-2013, 02:51 PM
The Lakers low point is the Clippers high point.

Cute catch phrase but not accurate

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Cute catch phrase but not accurate

It is close enough.

Cracka2HI!
05-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Let me start by saying what I've said almost every post. I DON'T THINK IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. However there have been CP3 to Knicks and Lakers threads and there is at least a possible way Howard ends up on the Clippers. The thread is more about whether the Clipps can actually clear any cap space.

Of course there is always some arrogants fans in every fanbase.Unfortuantley our team has one too. The few Clippers fans on here don't like ours either.

With regards to DJ:
Atlanta will go after Dwight with their cap space, possibly even CP3. Dont see them helping us at all.
Charlotte is the best hope, doubt any major star wants to go there but they still got a few youngsters they might resign first.
Cleveland tried to trade for DJ at the start of last year but that was when they were unloading AV. Absorbing him with AV still under contract is prolly the last option for a team looking to pair another star for its budding superstar while it can.

Not sure about Milwaukee.

Dallas?? Not sure Cuban would go for it to help us get the player he covets.

Washington/Phoenix/Portland don't really have the capAccording to my research on storytellers site all the teams I mention have enough cap to absorb DJ and Butler/Bledsoe. Once again I don't think it's likely. Just possible. CP3 and Howard would also have to take less money for this happen which may make it moot anyway.

The Lakers low point is the Clippers high point.I beleive the Lakers low point is still to come while the Clippers will keep ascending. Once again this is just a Laker fan talking about the past and not saying anything about basketball. BTW we were 4-0 against the Lakers this year and won the division. The Lakers are not on the same level as the Clippers right now. Again I will dismiss your point about banners before you make it. I don't care.

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Let me start by saying what I've said almost every post. I DON'T THINK IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. However there have been CP3 to Knicks and Lakers threads and there is at least a possible way Howard ends up on the Clippers. The thread is more about whether the Clipps can actually clear any cap space.

Unfortuantley our team has one too. The few Clippers fans on here don't like ours either.

According to my research on storytellers site all the teams I mention have enough cap to absorb DJ and Butler/Bledsoe. Once again I don't think it's likely. Just possible. CP3 and Howard would also have to take less money for this happen which may make it moot anyway.

I beleive the Lakers low point is still to come while the Clippers will keep ascending. Once again this is just a Laker fan talking about the past and not saying anything about basketball. BTW we were 4-0 against the Lakers this year and won the division. The Lakers are not on the same level as the Clippers right now. Again I will dismiss your point about banners before you make it. I don't care.

The Lakers lost in the 1st round of the playoffs the same as the Clippers. The Lakers have shown to rebuild on the fly and should be back in 2 to 3 years. The Clippers have shown they can make the playoffs and then go back to being the Clippers. Im glad you are getting to see what it feels like for your team to make the playoffs, but let me know when the Clippers do something.

Cracka2HI!
05-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Fair enough. I am proud of the season sweep and 1st ever Division Championship. I am not a frontrunner. That is not nothing IMO. 2 years ago most would have said the Clippers will never win the division or sweep the Lakers. However I do see your point. Although history has been kind to the Lakers I don't think you guys will just rebuild/retool this time. The new CBA makes it very hard to do what the Lakers have always been able to do. Obviously we can only speculate at this point but looking at the situation objectively the Lakers are now the team with a horrible owner and an organization that seems to have no clue what they are doing. The Clippers on the other hand have a committed owner who has proven he will spend the money it takes to win. With or without CP3 the Clippers still look fine moving forward. With or without Howard the Lakers look like a mess IMO. I'm all for having conversations like that. Saying "the Lakers have shown to rebuild on the fly and should be fine in 2 or 3 years" has nothing to do with the present state of affairs.

Gibby23
05-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Fair enough. I am proud of the season sweep and 1st ever Division Championship. I am not a frontrunner. That is not nothing IMO. 2 years ago most would have said the Clippers will never win the division or sweep the Lakers. However I do see your point. Although history has been kind to the Lakers I don't think you guys will just rebuild/retool this time. The new CBA makes it very hard to do what the Lakers have always been able to do. Obviously we can only speculate at this point but looking at the situation objectively the Lakers are now the team with a horrible owner and an organization that seems to have no clue what they are doing. The Clippers on the other hand have a committed owner who has proven he will spend the money it takes to win. With or without CP3 the Clippers still look fine moving forward. With or without Howard the Lakers look like a mess IMO. I'm all for having conversations like that. Saying "the Lakers have shown to rebuild on the fly and should be fine in 2 or 3 years" has nothing to do with the present state of affairs.

The Clippers owner is committed to what and what has he won since this so called spending?

The Clippers are garbage without CP# and if he walks, it will be a long time before a big time free agent comes to the Clippers.

The present state of affairs is both LA teams lost in the 1st round.

Cracka2HI!
05-17-2013, 12:59 AM
The Clippers owner is committed to what and what has he won since this so called spending?

The Clippers are garbage without CP# and if he walks, it will be a long time before a big time free agent comes to the Clippers.

The present state of affairs is both LA teams lost in the 1st round.Now we're kind of getting somewhere. Sterling has done enough to make us a solid playoff team. I disagree with your opinion. The Clippers are still a playoff team without CP3. If CP3 walks it will be this off-season before we get another Free Agent. There aren't really any big time FA's, but there is enough out there for us to remain a playoff team. Long term the Clipps may be better off with Bledsoe than CP3 on a max deal.

The present state of affairs is not the same. The Clipps lost to possibly the hottest team in the NBA while the Lakers or Bucks were the worst team in the playoffs. I know it's easy for a fan of a team with 16 titles to just first round loss, it's the same thing but as a fan of the worst franchise ever...it's not.

Gibby23
05-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Show me results instead of speculation. We can revisit in a year.

Cracka2HI!
05-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Word!

strokeman
05-17-2013, 02:40 AM
i think CP3 knows that Blake have a lot of developing to do if they are going to win a championship; problem is the clippers gave Blake a huge contract and IMO he isn't worth it.
i wont be surprise if CP3 goes elsewhere.

todu82
05-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Would make sense for Howard to go the Clippers, might entice CP3 to stay there as well.

Chronz
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
According to my research on storytellers site all the teams I mention have enough cap to absorb DJ and Butler/Bledsoe. Once again I don't think it's likely. Just possible.
I go by Hoopshype but it appears that they still count amnestied players against the cap.
That said, using your source, Washington still has 57M unless Emeka opts out. The rest are in better position than I thought.

Stinkyoutsider
05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
I honestly think Howard should have made the Clippers his number 1 option as far as a team he wanted to play for?

I'm not sure if Orlando and the Clippers could have done this, but the Clippers could have sent 2 young and valuable players in Jordan and Bledsoe to the Magic as part of a package deal.

Howard still could have been the number 1 option and could have let Paul run the team. Griffin could have focused on what he does best, which is offensive rebound and the transition game. Howard would be the defensive anchor and he could have been the face of the franchise (Blake is a quiet guy imo).

I still don't think Howard would accept going to the Clippers and would rather hold out for the Lakers in case they get rid of D'Antoni? No way he's making it to Brookland with Lopez having a great season.

Dade County
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I honestly think Howard should have made the Clippers his number 1 option as far as a team he wanted to play for?

I'm not sure if Orlando and the Clippers could have done this, but the Clippers could have sent 2 young and valuable players in Jordan and Bledsoe to the Magic as part of a package deal.

Howard still could have been the number 1 option and could have let Paul run the team. Griffin could have focused on what he does best, which is offensive rebound and the transition game. Howard would be the defensive anchor and he could have been the face of the franchise (Blake is a quiet guy imo).

I still don't think Howard would accept going to the Clippers and would rather hold out for the Lakers in case they get rid of D'Antoni? No way he's making it to Brookland with Lopez having a great season.

OKC is his best option out west. And BK doesn't want to trade Lopez anymore, they want them both (Howard & Lopez).

And I don't see Howard waiting for the Lakers to free up money; that's years off of his career.

Best options for Howard in order (talent wise!)

OKC: West-KD-Howard
Houston: Cp3-Harden-Howard
Clippers: Cp3-Blake-Howard
Bulls: Rose-Cast of thugs-Howard
Portland: Lillard-Aldridge-Howard
Dallas: Cp3-Dirk-Howard ( Dirk is Old )
Nets: Williams- Lopez-Howard ( really can't happen, salary wise )

And finally, if Lbj informs Pat that he is going to go back to the Cav's when he can opt out (2014... No hard feelings ). Pat and Lbj will setup a team (sometime near the beginning of next season "after season tickets are sold of course"), get most of their good talent (3 to 4 team trade); still allowing the HEAT to make it to the 2013-2014 finals...

And the reason why I bring this up, if Pat can talk to Howard and let him in on the plan; he can sale to Howard that he would be the man in Miami (Wade injury problems), with a loaded roster that the HEAT got from the Lbj trade (I know wishful thinking).

HEAT:
Upgrade at pg from the Lbj trade- Cole
Wade- Ray ray
Athletic young sf from the Lbj trade- battier-...etc
Bosh- UD
Howard- Birdman- upgrade over Joel

Lakers Ghost
05-18-2013, 03:29 PM
The Lakers lost in the 1st round of the playoffs the same as the Clippers. The Lakers have shown to rebuild on the fly and should be back in 2 to 3 years. The Clippers have shown they can make the playoffs and then go back to being the Clippers. Im glad you are getting to see what it feels like for your team to make the playoffs, but let me know when the Clippers do something.

+1:cool: