PDA

View Full Version : Are the Grizzlies a real threat to Miami?

mrblisterdundee
05-15-2013, 01:21 AM
As it stands, the Heat are going to play the Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Pacers are their biggest challenge in the east, especially with Derrick Rose out for the Bulls.
But in the West, you have the Grizzlies, who like Miami are one of the few teams not significantly affected by injuries. Oklahoma City is becoming an afterthought without Russell Westbrook. Memphis has about the perfect line-up for guarding Golden State on the perimeter. And San Antonio is too old not to fall prey to tired legs and injuries.
Like Conley said earlier, they grind it out every game and are built for the playoffs. They have three all-NBA defensive players Mike Conley, Tony Allen and Marc Gasol, the Defensive Player of the Year. They have the personnel make LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh shooters, which is of course their own main weakness.
They have go-to post scorers in Zach Randolph and Gasol who can muscle their way in the paint. Finally, they have a point guard who's taking it to another level.
Even with other teams healthy, I still think Memphis is one of the best challenges to Miami the two teams went 1-1 in the regular season. What do you think?

TrueFan420
05-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Yes they are

rex.reyesiii
05-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Yes. Any team who has legit bigs offcourse are a threat.

They have the personnel make LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh shooters, which is of course their own main weakness.

Yes but but... How about the other open shooters? Per usual response is, who would guard Bosh "jump shooting" outside? Grizz guards?

There'll be openings.

I think this is the same thing when Dwight came to the Lakers.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-15-2013, 01:40 AM
I said in the beginning of the year that Memphis was the biggest threat to Miami in the finals. Memphis's biggest issue is making it there.

As long as Miami has Lebron, I certainly wont pick against them.

raiderposting
05-15-2013, 01:42 AM
I said the grizzles will beat the heat after Westbrook went down.

Dade County
05-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Without a healthy Wade, we are looking at 6 to 7 game series (without Stern having Lbj on a leash).

ryang
05-15-2013, 01:49 AM
No. That team will not beat Miami. Give them trouble? Certainly but Miami is the superior team.

raiderposting
05-15-2013, 01:50 AM
No. That team will not beat Miami. Give them trouble? Certainly but Miami is the superior team.

I wouldn't be so sure

rex.reyesiii
05-15-2013, 01:53 AM

I thought that's what the question meant? :confused:

setman2000
05-15-2013, 01:53 AM
I'd like to think so because I want a good finals and would love Miami to lose, but in the end it's Miami in 5 or 6. Miami is WAYYYYYY better than this OKC team without Westbrook so Memphis winning this series doesn't mean much as far as a series with Miami.

85BearsDefense
05-15-2013, 01:56 AM
The defensive matchups really favor the Griz

Allen on Wade
Prince on James

or switch it... The X factor is Randolph. Memphis will pound the Heat inside.

poleandreel
05-15-2013, 01:59 AM

Allen on Wade
Prince on James

Lol, dude have you watched price? He is not even good a defense anymore. Durant is like 75% with price on him.

Bravo95
05-15-2013, 03:00 AM
If they hit 3s at a reasonable clip, the Grizz can go toe-to-toe with anybody.

ryang
05-15-2013, 03:23 AM
I thought that's what the question meant? :confused:

Give them trouble sure. Not the most trouble.

Guppyfighter
05-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Grizzlies won't get by the Spurs I believe.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-15-2013, 03:57 AM
I still think the Spurs give Miami the biggest threat, Indiana could do some damage too but they dont have the necessary scoring IMO. Spurs have experience, depth, height, defense, and plenty of options on offense. I think it would be a hell of a series but if wade is struggling I got the spurs in 6

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2013, 07:29 AM
I don't think they would win the series but they definatly are a real threat...I suspect the Griz need the Warriors to win for it matter though. I think the beat the Warriors and not the Spurs

Hustla23
05-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Randolph and Gasol are animals down low. I think the Grizzlies have a very good chance to beat the Heat.

eso
05-15-2013, 08:02 AM
The Heat have to get past Indiana first.... West and Hibbert will have a field day.

4milesperday
05-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Who told you guys the Grizzles will beat the Spurs? Have you forgotten that Tim Duncan can dominate both the Grizzles bigs? and Tony Allen will have to deal with guys that shoot 3's basically rendering him useless. Also, can Miami atleast get by the Bulls and Pacers before we start making this nonsense treads?

NYG+Braves
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Is memphis finally starting to get respect? They r a very solid team but ill hold judgement until they make it out of the weat. Im not counting out OKC yet. OkC has been here done this before. They could easily come back and win the next 3 .

koreancabbage
05-15-2013, 08:53 AM
they could be.

but lets be realistic. If Memphis goes down in the post, Miami will double team and Miami's rotation has been better in the post season.

But the only reason why Memphis would be trouble for Miami is that Wade is playing pedestrian basketball. If Wade played more consistently and not in spurts like he has the last few games, Memphis can't handle Miami.

plus the refs are probably gonna go Miami's way.

Mcdoh
05-15-2013, 08:58 AM
yup they are so thus the pacers..

mekedubs
05-15-2013, 09:21 AM
If they are allowed to play then yes they are a threat to Miami... But we all know better than that. The whistles are gonna blow like a tug boat against the Grizzlies if they play the Heat in the Finals...

blahblahyoutoo
05-15-2013, 09:29 AM
real threat? i dunno.
biggest threat? up there with the pacers due to size.

blahblahyoutoo
05-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I still think the Spurs give Miami the biggest threat, Indiana could do some damage too but they dont have the necessary scoring IMO. Spurs have experience, depth, height, defense, and plenty of options on offense. I think it would be a hell of a series but if wade is struggling I got the spurs in 6

after seeing how the spurs are being manhandled by the warriors, i'd take memphis over sa.

blahblahyoutoo
05-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Randolph and Gasol are animals down low.

that's racist.

kduce
05-15-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm holding on to hope that Indiana can either beat the Heat or at least wear them down into a game 7. I don't know IF Memphis can beat Miami and win it all, but I would love to see it. As a Detroit Pistons fan I would like to see Tayshaun play well and get himself another championship, he deserves it.

Mitch Kramer
05-15-2013, 09:54 AM
If they are allowed to play then yes they are a threat to Miami... But we all know better than that. The whistles are gonna blow like a tug boat against the Grizzlies if they play the Heat in the Finals...

This.

No way Stern lets the Small Market, no superstar Grizzlies beat his beloved heat.

Hustla23
05-15-2013, 10:12 AM
that's racist.

How is that racist?

Hustla23
05-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Also someone made a great point about the double teaming in the post.

The Grizzlies don't have anyone that can shoot worth a lick.

So yeah, definitely reconsidering their chances right now....

Slug3
05-15-2013, 10:21 AM

Allen on Wade
Prince on James

Lebron has destroyed Prince for the last few years. I really hope Memphis wouldn't try and guard Lebron with him.

lavilevi23
05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
HEAT in 6

ManRam
05-15-2013, 10:41 AM
of course. i'd still pick the heat, but they're a tremendous match up. great size. amazing defense.

the pacers are threats too.

especially if wade keeps playing like a top 50 player, and not a top 5-7.

Hawkeye15
05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Sure they are, if they make the finals. They have the strength that kills Miami, or potentially could, in having 2 interior beasts to score and protect the paint. They don't turn it over, so Miami's transition points will be hard to come by. I do worry if their offense can match Miami's though, which is why I still take Miami in 6 if they meet.

hugepatsfan
05-15-2013, 10:55 AM
If it happens sure but I'm really hoping IND can make it out of the East because Iso basketball is so boring to watch IMO.

DaBUU
05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Grizz are gonna win it all, and personally I can't wait to watch it.

BALLER R
05-15-2013, 12:53 PM
If Wade isn't healthy I can see the Grizz beating the heat. Biggest threat to the heat out of everyone left are the Pacers, Spurs and Grizzlies.

The heating facing the Pacers next round and then potentially the Grizzlies wouldn't take a toll on them. Both teams play physical. Bosh will be the x-factor. Wade clearly isn't 100% and Lebron can't do it by himself.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Without a healthy Wade, we are looking at 6 to 7 game series (without Stern having Lbj on a leash).

0 chance of any other team besides the Heat winning this year.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Sure they are, if they make the finals. They have the strength that kills Miami, or potentially could, in having 2 interior beasts to score and protect the paint. They don't turn it over, so Miami's transition points will be hard to come by. I do worry if their offense can match Miami's though, which is why I still take Miami in 6 if they meet.

The Grizz would be super scary if they had one more solid offensive player. Miami wins this year though.

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2013, 01:56 PM
As many have said SA, Memphis, and Indy have the best chance. Miami is very good this year, better than last year

SportsFanatic10
05-15-2013, 02:07 PM
If it happens sure but I'm really hoping IND can make it out of the East because Iso basketball is so boring to watch IMO.

the heat aren't an iso reliant team, they move the ball with the best of them.

ghettosean
05-15-2013, 02:25 PM
If Wade is not 100% then yes they are a threat if he is not then no

Chitownhero1992
05-15-2013, 03:30 PM
I definitely believe the Grizzlies are the answer to this years championship with the Heat. THey are built perfectly to take the Heat down, their 3 best positions are Miamis three worst...C, PF, PG...and they're two best defenders are SG, SF which are Miami's two best positions...

The threat of Randolph and Gasol should shut down Haslem/Battier and Bosh/Anderson...and Conley should mop the floor with Chalmers/Cole.

Allen can handle covering Wade especially if the knee keeps bothering Wade. Prince is one of the best defenders in the league and I think his length will give problems to LBJ on the shot and cause him to take wider routes on the drive giving Gasol enough time to slide over for the block.

lavilevi23
05-15-2013, 03:53 PM
I definitely believe the Grizzlies are the answer to this years championship with the Heat. THey are built perfectly to take the Heat down, their 3 best positions are Miamis three worst...C, PF, PG...and they're two best defenders are SG, SF which are Miami's two best positions...

The threat of Randolph and Gasol should shut down Haslem/Battier and Bosh/Anderson...and Conley should mop the floor with Chalmers/Cole.

Allen can handle covering Wade especially if the knee keeps bothering Wade. Prince is one of the best defenders in the league and I think his length will give problems to LBJ on the shot and cause him to take wider routes on the drive giving Gasol enough time to slide over for the block.

Keep "believing". LOL

Lord Leoshes
05-15-2013, 03:55 PM
It all depends on Wade's health, not any other team. In other words, only the Heat can beat the Heat.

lavilevi23
05-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Prince is crap, Gasol is as soft as Bosh and Z-Bo will be less effective when double teamed in the post. They have horrible outside shooting and struggle to score often. I dont see them keeping up with Miami's high scoring pace. Their bench is average at best. Personally Memphis is a team I'm not scared of. I'm more worried about the Pacers and the Spurs.

Caveman508
05-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Miami is a joke of a team who will win because calls will help them jump out to an early lead, I hope not but probably the case... Heat bunch of Divas who cant win without top tier player talent...

hope pacers takes em down or wade misses games or just wear em down in 6/7 games

Silvnblckatck
05-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Prince is crap, Gasol is as soft as Bosh and Z-Bo will be less effective when double teamed in the post. They have horrible outside shooting and struggle to score often. I dont see them keeping up with Miami's high scoring pace. Their bench is average at best. Personally Memphis is a team I'm not scared of. I'm more worried about the Pacers and the Spurs.

You have no idea how foolish you sound..

D-Leethal
05-15-2013, 04:38 PM
I think the Pacer series will be very telling because Pacers are basically the Grizzlies of the East. Bosh's ability to suck one of their bigs out the paint and create driving lanes will be the key. I don't think Hibbert can park under the rim all day and form a human roadblock against Miami like he can when he's matched up with Tyson.

ghettosean
05-15-2013, 04:46 PM
You know the balance of power in the league is lopsided when you see threads like this... lol

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2013, 05:07 PM

We have Marc Gasol not pau. Pau is the soft one

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2013, 05:11 PM

Keep "believing". LOL

Bro you sound scared when you make those comments. Grizz have as good of a chance as anybody to beat the heat

lakersiznumber1
05-15-2013, 05:38 PM

have you ever seen Memphis play before? how is gasol soft he won defensive player of the year this year. pau plays for the lakers his brother is a beast you should watch more games and not make yourself look foolish anymore. Memphis is Miami's biggest threat right now. the match up will give the heats a lot of problems

Hoopsadvocate
05-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Bro you sound scared when you make those comments. Grizz have as good of a chance as anybody to beat the heat

which still isnt very good chance...

I had the Grizzlies as a contender last year when they lost to OKC and when we lost in the regular season to them this year (albeit poindexter was shooting incredibly from 3pt range and scored near 20 which isnt likely most games) i knew they were a "counter team". But not more than the pacers or healthy bulls are and we had no problem whoopin both of them the past 2 years.

Reason why the Grizz are jsut like the pacers/bulls of the west:

Marc Gasol = Joakim Noah with a better shot and slightly better passer (noah is an underrated passer but both make the right play and are willing passers Marc just has the ability to have offense run through him since he has actual offensive weapons in his repetoire.

Z Bo= David west both physical pfs z bo might have a slightly better post game though.

Mike Conley is = hinrch on defense except hinrich is a certified wade stopper because he has been battling against wade since the NCAA days and he 90% of games gives him headaches meanwhile i can name many game conley has been a non factor to wade. But Conley is a better offensive option.

But they have no wing scorrer like Paul George or D rose which will hurt them. No i didnt forget tony allen he is amazing on D but as we can see in the OKC series being a great defender doesnt mean u will automatically be stopping that teams superstar (see Kevin Durant in their series) so he will not be stopping Lebron.

Bench wise we also destroy the grizzlies with at least 2 of Ray, shane, noris, and Birdman givign meaningful production while the grizzles may be lucky with Bayless or Poindexter scoring 5-10.

They are honestly one sg/sf or 6th man (like jr smith or jamal crawford) away from being a real threat. Great defensive team smart team, well coached team but not enough.

SportsFanatic10
05-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Miami is a joke of a team who will win because calls will help them jump out to an early lead, I hope not but probably the case... Heat bunch of Divas who cant win without top tier player talent...

hope pacers takes em down or wade misses games or just wear em down in 6/7 games

:dance:

lavilevi23
05-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes , Ive seen Memphis play. Gasol is soft. IDC what any1 says. I think they have a good shot at making the finals but they're not winning a title with this low of a scoring threat.

MonroeFAN
05-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I think it will be either Memphis or San Antonio who wins. Miami does not match up well with either team.

SACNYY
05-15-2013, 06:17 PM
I believe the Spurs, Grizz and Pacers could all beat Miami. No team is unbeatable.

lavilevi23
05-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Its a series bro not 1 game. Any team in the NBA could beat Miami on any given night, but I don't think any team could beat them in a best of 7 series.

justinnum1
05-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Yes. Heat in 6.

ryang
05-15-2013, 10:11 PM
No. Just stop. Okc was going to woop us last year to. How'd that one turn out? Memphis is a good basketball team. But there not good enough. If they still had Rudy gay they'd have a better shot.

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2013, 10:17 PM
No. Just stop. Okc was going to woop us last year to. How'd that one turn out? Memphis is a good basketball team. But there not good enough. If they still had Rudy gay they'd have a better shot.

False. Rudy gay is a ball stopper who hurt us. Only value was his occasional clutch shot

ryang
05-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Rudy gay leaving took you out of Miamis class regardless. Memphis can't beat Miami in a 7 game series. I hope it is Memphis. Easier series

raiderposting
05-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Rudy gay leaving took you out of Miamis class regardless. Memphis can't beat Miami in a 7 game series. I hope it is Memphis. Easier series

Gay leaving made them better. Ill sig bet you grizzles beat miami

ryang
05-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Bet goes you have to have a picture of my liking for one year. I'll do the same. Deal?

raiderposting
05-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Bet goes you have to have a picture of my liking for one year. I'll do the same. Deal?

Yes

ryang
05-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Nice. I'll be nice. It's gonna be a simple picture. Back to back champs with Lebron and wade jlholding the trophy. Gonna be a long year for you my friend. Don't go disappearing like others did last year.

naps
05-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Absolutely. Grizz are a awesome team. But it all depends on how well Conley plays. As good as your bigs are you do need a perimeter takeover guy in the 4th to win a 7 game series. Conley could be that guy but question still stands: Can he do it well enough to beat the Heat in a 7 game series? Also, Miami's shooting will be too much for the Grizz to handle IMO.

naps
05-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Nice. I'll be nice. It's gonna be a simple picture. Back to back champs with Lebron and wade jlholding the trophy. Gonna be a long year for you my friend. Don't go disappearing like others did last year.

I have a feeling he's gonna disappear if you happen to win the bet hehe

ryang
05-15-2013, 11:10 PM
I think so to. If untold you before the year started that Miami would play the bucks , a roseless bulls team, a granger less pacers team and then a gay less Memphis team you would have said yep that's another ring. Just sayin

Blitzbolt
05-15-2013, 11:15 PM
The HEAT are one of the few teams who always double and Trap that means that the pressure is going to be on Bayless,Prince and Pondexter to make shots from the outside since the Heat double and recover.

ryang
05-15-2013, 11:18 PM
It's no disrespect towards Memphis but they don't have enough to beat Miami.

rex.reyesiii
05-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes. Heat in 6.

I hope you're wrong again, just like vs the Bulls.

Understood though that Mem is healthier.

I still say Heat in 5. (vs. Pacers is 6).

justinnum1
05-15-2013, 11:25 PM

i hope im wrong too and its heat in 5 but grizz look good right now.

Avenged
05-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Marc soft Lmao. Now I've read it all.

Blitzbolt
05-16-2013, 12:58 AM
It's no disrespect towards Memphis but they don't have enough to beat Miami.No one does?That's not really the point the Heat are heavy favorites over any team left.

raiderposting
I have a feeling he's gonna disappear if you happen to win the bet hehe

I've been here for 3.5 years I'm not going to leave because ill have to use a sig for a year, plus it wont come down to that.

MrfadeawayJB
Exactly ^^^

Thread was best chance?

TeamSeattle
05-16-2013, 01:02 AM
It's no disrespect towards Memphis but they don't have enough to beat Miami.

They could easily take ya'll to 6 or 7 and win the series.

ryang
05-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Easily? Right. Look not trying to be cocky but get outta here with that non sence. Easily? I'll agree it could go 6 but nothing would be easy for Memphis. I'd say you said that cause your a knick fan but well your a knick fan.

Jarvo
05-16-2013, 01:27 AM
IF the Grizz go to be real Miami wins in 5 or 6 for Miami Cole & Allen will be the difference.

PHX2daDEATH
05-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Theyll beat the Heat..if it comes down to it..REMEMBER..Miami is heading into a tough series right.now

Guppyfighter
05-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Memphis and Spurs can beat the Heat. The Pacers can do it if Wade knee gets real bad. That's how the Pacers can do that.

sunsfan88
05-16-2013, 02:50 AM
Too many people in this thread don't understand the meaning of the word "threat".

The OP did not say that Grizzlies will beat Miami but rather he simply asked if it will be a competitive series between the Grizzlies and the Heat rather than the Heat blowing out the Grizzlies.

rex.reyesiii
05-16-2013, 03:03 AM
^ Yup there'll be no 2007 Finals this time around. :D

mightybosstone
05-16-2013, 10:39 AM
I don't like this thread for two reasons. First, the Grizzlies and Heat still have conference finals to go through before they face one another, so let's not assume anything yet because anything can happen in the NBA playoffs.

Second, I don't like the phrase "poses a threat" relating to sports. These are professional sports teams and the Grizzlies are still one of the best teams in the league. Of course they pose a threat. They could easily win multiple games in the series, and if anyone could defeat the Heat in the Finals, it's them. However, do I think they'll win the series? No. But anyone who votes no in this thread is being completely naive.

Bring The Heat
05-16-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't like this thread for two reasons. First, the Grizzlies and Heat still have conference finals to go through before they face one another, so let's not assume anything yet because anything can happen in the NBA playoffs.

Second, I don't like the phrase "poses a threat" relating to sports. These are professional sports teams and the Grizzlies are still one of the best teams in the league. Of course they pose a threat. They could easily win multiple games in the series, and if anyone could defeat the Heat in the Finals, it's them. However, do I think they'll win the series? No. But anyone who votes no in this thread is being completely naive.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

lol, please
05-16-2013, 02:58 PM
If by Grizzlies you mean Warriors, then yes. Absolutely.

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2013, 03:57 PM
If by Grizzlies you mean Warriors, then yes. Absolutely.

lets see if you guys can stay alive and get past the spurs to make the conference finals first.

Chronz
05-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Wade being hurt opens the door for everyone

Chronz
05-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Come to think about it, for all the talk of Durant being a better franchise player, it was CP3 who performed the best vs Memphis. Produced at a higher level individually and got his teams offense humming.

CP3 = GAWD

rocket
05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
The only teams that have a chance at beating the Heat are the Grizz and Pacers

Knick_Fever
05-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Easily? Right. Look not trying to be cocky but get outta here with that non sence. Easily? I'll agree it could go 6 but nothing would be easy for Memphis. I'd say you said that cause your a knick fan but well your a knick fan.

Easily? Highly unlikely. But the way the Grizz shut OKC and durant down cant be overlooked. They're extremely disciplined defensively and execute their plays with precision. Heat will get absolutely obliterated inside but shouldnt have a problem containing everyone else, including conley. I'll go w/Heat in 7 but wont be surprised if Grizz win.

Knick_Fever
05-16-2013, 04:32 PM
The only teams that have a chance at beating the Heat are the Grizz and Pacers

I agree. Spurs will get rocked, they'll win 2 games at best.

MadVillainZay
05-16-2013, 05:10 PM

Don't mean to bother you but what's your sig about?

maddBat
05-16-2013, 05:45 PM
if they can get passed the spurs... yes. they are the most complete team in the playoffs right now. including the strongest c/pf combo

girlsluvBeyonce
05-17-2013, 03:00 PM
the pacers fall apart with foul trouble did you see my knicks , the grizz can barely put up 80 on a good night they won't make it pass the spurs

TeamSeattle
05-17-2013, 03:10 PM
I agree. Spurs will get rocked, they'll win 2 games at best.

Spurs were a much better team last year and Tony P is playing on a gimp ankle. Conley will shut him down and Tony Allen would make Manu his *****.

sep11ie
05-17-2013, 03:21 PM
No, Grizzlies are more of a cold climate animal and Miami is more of a tropical climate.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-17-2013, 03:24 PM
No, Grizzlies are more of a cold climate animal and Miami is more of a tropical climate.

I can see banners now saying SHAVE THE GRIZZ

Showtime Steve
05-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Must beat up heat and keep it low scoring. If tempo speeds up they have no chance. Gotta use z Bo and gasol to get their undersized bigs in quick foul trouble.

mzgrizz
05-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Went 1-1 in regular season, and lost to the Heat on the road after changing leads until the final minute or so. Lots of trips to the line sealed the result. Won in Memphis; in fact, have played them quite well since their Big 3 club was formed. The Grizz have no worry about a Finals with the Heat. I like their chances against them.
Actually about dead even with difficulty between getting there(Spurs) and being there(?Heat)

justinnum1
05-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Must beat up heat and keep it low scoring. If tempo speeds up they have no chance. Gotta use z Bo and gasol to get their undersized bigs in quick foul trouble.

And if gasol and zbo are in foul trouble quick?

ryang
05-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Miami fans are salivating at the chance to play Memphis in the finals. I'm sure the players would be pleased as well.

SteBO
05-17-2013, 09:32 PM
I personally think the Spurs outlast them in the WCF, and Miami will have to survive their ECF matchup before we can go in-depth about any Finals matchup.

That said, should Miami come out of the east, both Memphis and the Spurs would be a handful. For the Grizz, their perimeter guys would have to hit their outside shots, and they aren't a good shooting team to begin with. San Antonio would give the Heat more issues in my honest opinion.

TmacBryant
05-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Yes. Any team who has legit bigs offcourse are a threat.

Yes but but... How about the other open shooters? Per usual response is, who would guard Bosh "jump shooting" outside? Grizz guards?

There'll be openings.

I think this is the same thing when Dwight came to the Lakers.

I think This series comes down to two things.

1. D-wade's health
2. Heat bigs being able to handle Randolph/Gasol.

jerellh528
05-17-2013, 09:42 PM
whatever this finals ends up, its going to be a tough series for both teams.

Showtime Steve
05-17-2013, 09:59 PM
And if gasol and zbo are in foul trouble quick? haslem is gonna do that? They had battier on boozer. No way they get away with him on z Bo. Grizzlies biggest advantage is their strength in miami's weakness. Bosh is only big that can make them work on def side of ball.

ztilzer31
05-17-2013, 10:01 PM
I picked Memphis Vs. Miami at the beginning of the season!!! Memphis is the best matchup vs Miami IMO, but I think Miami will win the series in 7.

Can't count the Spurs out though. They definitely have the experience to beat up Memphis. Memphis can look really sloppy sometimes, and Spurs eat that **** up.

justinnum1
05-17-2013, 10:04 PM
haslem is gonna do that? They had battier on boozer. No way they get away with him on z Bo. Grizzlies biggest advantage is their strength in miami's weakness. Bosh is only big that can make them work on def side of ball.

Wade and lebron can't attack and get them in foul trouble? Don't be so naive.

Swift Game
05-17-2013, 10:29 PM
By the way I hope Memphis gets into the Finals and give Miami all they can handle and pull of the upset...I am rooting for the Griz to win the title this season...that would be a nice consolation since the Lakers never really had a chance this season. Everyone seems to want to hand Miami the title, not if the Griz have something to do with it.

Zebo and Gasol will destroy they front line...Conley and Tony allen are pretty good players...not to mention if prince can give them some valuable minutes they can win the title this season...Don't think San Antonio has enough to beat Miami...Both teams do however present problems for Miami.

Swift Game
05-17-2013, 10:30 PM
I think This series comes down to two things.

1. D-wade's health
2. Heat bigs being able to handle Randolph/Gasol.

Miami cannot deal with #2....Book it.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-17-2013, 10:30 PM
All 3 good teams in the playoffs (Indiana, Spurs and Grizzlies) are threats to beat Miami. Bosh would get abused by Hibbert, Duncan, Randolph and Gasol.

Heat will probably go to 6-7 games agaist Roy Hibbert and the Pacers and if they win, will go 6-7 games against the Spurs or Grizzlies. Heat don't have an answer for Gasol/Randolph so Lebron would have to play lights out while Wade comes to all star form.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-17-2013, 10:31 PM
All 3 good teams in the playoffs (Indiana, Spurs and Grizzlies) are threats to beat Miami. Bosh would get abused by Hibbert, Duncan, Randolph and Gasol.

Heat will probably go to 6-7 games against Roy Hibbert and the Pacers and if they win, will go 6-7 games against the Spurs or Grizzlies. Heat don't have an answer for Gasol/Randolph so Lebron would have to play lights out while Wade comes to all star form.

Swift Game
05-17-2013, 10:37 PM
The Grizz would be super scary if they had one more solid offensive player. Miami wins this year though.

They did have a star offensive player in Rudy Gay....And guess what they are a much better team without him..they also had a guy named oj mayo which did not get them into the finals either...

thanks for playing...this Griz team is the real deal.

Knick_Fever
05-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Wade and lebron can't attack and get them in foul trouble? Don't be so naive.

You sure you're not the one being naive? Lebron is the only one that can attack, wade's attacking days are over for the season. Thats what makes the heat so vulnerable in that potential series.

MrfadeawayJB
05-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I picked Memphis Vs. Miami at the beginning of the season!!! Memphis is the best matchup vs Miami IMO, but I think Miami will win the series in 7.

Can't count the Spurs out though. They definitely have the experience to beat up Memphis. Memphis can look really sloppy sometimes, and Spurs eat that **** up.

Grizz may look sloppy at times, but they don't turn it over. Miami strength (fast break) will be hard to come by cause the grizz protect the ball

Knick_Fever
05-17-2013, 10:46 PM
But to answer the OP's question, of course the Grizzlies are a legitimate challenge for the heat. They play smart basketball, and pose a problem inside with their size. Somebody tell heat fans the Grizz/Spurs arent the thunder.

MrfadeawayJB
05-17-2013, 10:49 PM
But to answer the OP's question, of course the Grizzlies are a legitimate challenge for the heat. They play smart basketball, and pose a problem inside with their size. Somebody tell heat fans the Grizz/Spurs arent the thunder.

Exactly. Okc had ibaka and Perkins who are not scaring anybody! Brooks then decided to go small, unfortunately that will not work vs Miami. They are the best small ball team in the league,

justinnum1
05-17-2013, 10:59 PM
You sure you're not the one being naive? Lebron is the only one that can attack, wade's attacking days are over for the season. Thats what makes the heat so vulnerable in that potential series.

Keep counting wade out.

carlthack
05-17-2013, 11:22 PM
The Grizzlies are a team almost specifically designed to beat a team like the Heat. You have Tony Allen who will stymie Wade, Marc Gasol can shut down Bosh and the length of Prince can bother Lebron. Besides this, Memphis are a team that features no superstars, no egos. They are just a bunch of hard working lunch pail-type guys who go out and give it 110 percent every night and play cohesively together for one common goal.

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Despite all of the injuries this year, the playoffs have been exciting to me. I love this showing by Memphis, but I would still be surprised if they beat the Spurs. Yes, the Spurs might become fatigued during the series, but I think their shooters and defense will keep Memphis down. I say SA wins in 5 or 6.

I don't think the Spurs can beat Miami. Their defense is great, but Miami is faster, has better shooting and it seems only Duncan can be effective down low. What happened to Splitter? I say Miami wins in 6 with LBJ getting revenge for being swept by SA when he was with Cleveland.

I think Memphis would stand a better chance against Miami because of Gasol & Randolph, but SA will prevent it.

OceanSpray
05-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Why are you guys counting out the Spurs? Honestly, Memphis can beat them but let's not count Spurs out so fast. Also, counting the Pacers/NYK out is also a huge mistake. The biggest threat are Spurs and Memphis. Tony Allen is going to have a tough time with James or Wade. To me, the difference maker will have to be Bosh. If he can rebound and get Gasol/ZBO out of the paint, things will go well.

kobe4thewinbang
05-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Why are you guys counting out the Spurs? Honestly, Memphis can beat them but let's not count Spurs out so fast. Also, counting the Pacers/NYK out is also a huge mistake. The biggest threat are Spurs and Memphis. Tony Allen is going to have a tough time with James or Wade. To me, the difference maker will have to be Bosh. If he can rebound and get Gasol/ZBO out of the paint, things will go well.I don't want to reignite the Knicks/Heat flame war, but I see no way that NY can beat Miami. And I don't see them winning 2 more straight games against Indy either. They are struggling with everything it seems. I think it would be shocking as hell if Indy beat Miami.

Daze9900
05-17-2013, 11:39 PM
That Rudy Gay trade really haunting them slow; they can't beat Miami because of their inability to get easy baskets. Miami has too much scoring for them and if they get helped by the refs the free throws just add on. Tough task for anyone to match.

Knick_Fever
05-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Keep counting wade out.

Who's counting him out? I never count him out. He still plays an important role for that team, and put up decent numbers. He'll come through when his team needs him to, and thats all that matters. But in terms of attacking, its just something thats not gonna happen the rest of the way for obvious reasons.

Knick_Fever
05-18-2013, 12:00 AM
That Rudy Gay trade really haunting them slow; they can't beat Miami because of their inability to get easy baskets. Miami has too much scoring for them and if they get helped by the refs the free throws just add on. Tough task for anyone to match.

The trend now is with the refs giving big men the leverage in these playoffs. You see that with Noah, Hibbert, Gasol, Duncan. It was a rare occasion when any of them got into foul trouble. Again, refs are allowing physicality inside. Do you think the refs are gonna call anything against the DPOY?

ryang
05-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Who's counting him out? I never count him out. He still plays an important role for that team, and put up decent numbers. He'll come through when his team needs him to, and thats all that matters. But in terms of attacking, its just something thats not gonna happen the rest of the way for obvious reasons.

It will happen. Just sit back and you'll see.

ryang
05-18-2013, 12:04 AM
If Memphis plays Miami the Heat win period. Any bets that want to be placed let me know when that matchup becomes official.

ohreally
05-18-2013, 01:00 AM

Grizz in 3 and a forfeit.

shep33
05-18-2013, 01:14 AM
I say Heat in 6

carlthack
05-18-2013, 01:17 AM
>