PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins Sweepstakes!!!!

BenFrank
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Andrew Wiggins' the highly recruited high school basketball star since, Lebron James has decided to go to Kansas! U know NBA scouts are watering at the mouth at the chance of drafting this kid..

And though It may be too early to tell, but which one of the NBA franchise's Tank to get him like the Cavs did Lebron, and like the Spurs did Duncan, it's sad but this is what NBA team do.. Or do David Stern Handpick his team, like he did for Derrick Rose..

So my question is.. who ends up with Wiggins?

Hawkeye15
05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Toronto obviously....

TeamSeattle
05-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Let's see what he does at Kansas before we label him the next Lebron James. He was "good not great" in the McDonald's All-American game against level competition. Its gonna be him and Aaron Gordon and Jabari Parker for the #1 spot in the draft.

Who gets him? Hopefully the Raptors have learned to draft American players now.

Sly Guy
05-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Toronto obviously....

lol, lotta tanking to go, and even if we did, we'd probably get screwed out of the pick in some way.

AWC713
05-14-2013, 06:17 PM
gotta feeling, if DH12 leaves LA, the lakers will end up with the #1 pick in this loaded 2014 draft

Blitzace137
05-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Raptors are too good to be a lottery pick team next season especially top 5. Maybe Stern sends him to Seattle if the Kings move there.

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Warriors. Raptors trade us bargs and their unprotected first round pick. We do this because we were able to dump Biedrens and Jefferson.

Thanks Raptors.

bucketss
05-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Warriors. Raptors trade us bargs and their unprotected first round pick. We do this because we were able to dump Biedrens and Jefferson.

Thanks Raptors.

we would probably be 9th seed at worst next season.

ACanadian
05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
This is why BC has to go, he worried about the short term instead of long term with Rudy Gay..
If the track record holds true, we (Raptors) will go through a Warriors like development season and tank for Wiggins, this is if however OKC does exercise the option to pick up our draft pick, which almost everyone is hoping they do. Also, if the track record holds true, we will get a top 2 pick (if Stern or Silver does want Raptors in Canada) to draft Wiggin's.

selassi3
05-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Let's see what he does at Kansas before we label him the next Lebron James. He was "good not great" in the McDonald's All-American game against level competition. Its gonna be him and Aaron Gordon and Jabari Parker for the #1 spot in the draft.

Um, Wiggins is actually Canadian. Thornhill, Ontario, guess you can say Toronto since it is technically considered apart of the GTA

MagicBucsSox
05-14-2013, 06:57 PM

Aaron Gordon lmaoooooooooo don't watch much bball huh? Ever hear of Julius Randle ?

RLundi
05-14-2013, 06:59 PM
I'd love for the Magic to get their hands on him. But I'll be okay with Randle, Parker or even Smart next year.

jon32
05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Toronto ........and if they dont he should just demand to play nowhere else like kobe and others

RLundi
05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Aaron Gordon lmaoooooooooo don't watch much bball huh? Ever hear of Julius Randle ?

Oh lord, here we go.

MrfadeawayJB
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Bobcats need a cant miss guy like wiggins

phlp_bj
05-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Kemba, Wiggins, MKG, Noel?? I'm sure Jordan/Cho will find a way to mess it up even if he had a chance to select Noel or Wiggins

BenFrank
05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm thinking the Wizards could be in play also..

mdm692
05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Suns got it on lock. We have Dragic and no one else lol. Our new GM wants to draft well first so I can us with a top 3 pick and if Beasley can replicate this past season no one can stand in our way, except David Stern.

mdm692
05-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Suns with a core of Dragic, Dipo or Porter and Wiggins, Parker or Gordon would be set to get back to relevance.

IversonIsKrazy
05-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Hopefully Raptors get the pick.

sportsfan222
05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
maybe i am mistaken, but dont the bulls own the bobcats 2014 draft pick? if that is the case, is it so far fetched the bulls get him somehow?

jon32
05-14-2013, 07:34 PM
i feel like it might be controlled pick

heyman321
05-14-2013, 07:36 PM
If there is a god Silver will rig it for the Raptors

THE GIPPER
05-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Colangelo already chose Rudy Gay over a chance at Andrew Wiggins.

sportsfan222
05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
i feel like it might be controlled pick

i hope for the bobcats sake it is, because if it is not, the bulls have a legitimate shot at wiggins, and considering the bulls when healthy are a top 3 team in nba when healthy, imagine adding wiggins.

Dade County
05-14-2013, 07:41 PM
He should sit out, or go play 1 game in Europe.

He doesn't have to prove anything to me on the college level.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Andrew Wiggins' the highly recruited high school basketball star since, Lebron James has decided to go to Kansas! U know NBA scouts are watering at the mouth at the chance of drafting this kid..

And though It may be too early to tell, but which one of the NBA franchise's Tank to get him like the Cavs did Lebron, and like the Spurs did Duncan, it's sad but this is what NBA team do.. Or do David Stern Handpick his team, like he did for Derrick Rose..

its adam silver now. yes he will hand pick toronto being that its wiggins home town. just like how clevland got lebron.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:49 PM
i hope for the bobcats sake it is, because if it is not, the bulls have a legitimate shot at wiggins, and considering the bulls when healthy are a top 3 team in nba when healthy, imagine adding wiggins.

why the bulls ?

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Colangelo already chose Rudy Gay over a chance at Andrew Wiggins.

the pick is protected. if its a top 3 pick we keep it.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:50 PM

+1

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:51 PM
If there is a god Silver will rig it for the Raptors

he will :)

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:53 PM
maybe i am mistaken, but dont the bulls own the bobcats 2014 draft pick? if that is the case, is it so far fetched the bulls get him somehow?

yes it is. d.rose was given to them already. its our turn for a silver platter. pun intended.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Hopefully Raptors get the pick.

thank you, and we will. :)

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Kemba, Wiggins, MKG, Noel?? I'm sure Jordan/Cho will find a way to mess it up even if he had a chance to select Noel or Wiggins

yes, exactly.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Suns got it on lock. We have Dragic and no one else lol. Our new GM wants to draft well first so I can us with a top 3 pick and if Beasley can replicate this past season no one can stand in our way, except David Stern.

adam silver.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Thanks Raptors.

you can have bargnani for a bag of basketballs guppy, and his primo pasta and sauce commercial.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:59 PM

wiggins is canadian.

ThaDubs
05-14-2013, 08:00 PM
I was so excited to hear this!!!!!! JAYHAWKS

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Hopefully they rig it for the Raps

Hawkeye15
05-14-2013, 08:06 PM
lol, lotta tanking to go, and even if we did, we'd probably get screwed out of the pick in some way.

I was coming more from the hometown kid angle, not that I think the Raps are a bottom 1-3 team next season.

phlp_bj
05-14-2013, 08:16 PM

it's "top-12 protected in the 2013 Draft, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft."

so realistically, the bulls will get the bobcats 2016 1st

PHX2daDEATH
05-16-2013, 02:21 AM
He is the savior that will bring a title to Phoenix, Suns are due..10 years since we've drafted a superstar and to be honest, my interest in the team is riding on the next two drafts..if he goes to toronto i might quit the league !

FreakaNashur
05-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Lakers will get him. you heard it here first.

TrueFan420
05-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Andrew Wiggins' the highly recruited high school basketball star since, Lebron James has decided to go to Kansas!

Not to be a dick but this sentence implies that Lebron James went to Kansas.

The "," should be after star and before since. The second "," should be after Lebron James.

Also you imply there hasn't been a highly recruited high school bball star star since Lebron James.

tp13baby
05-16-2013, 04:59 AM

Add Marcus Smart to that list for the top pick. Next years class is looking very solid though.

BenFrank
05-16-2013, 05:25 AM
Not to be a dick but this sentence implies that Lebron James went to Kansas.

The "," should be after star and before since. The second "," should be after Lebron James.

Also you imply there hasn't been a highly recruited high school bball star star since Lebron James.

Lol, yea I probably could have wrote that a little bit better, most people knew where I was going with it.. I didn't notice or read over it till I seen ur quote, appreciate the corrections

2-ONE-5
05-16-2013, 07:07 AM
cant wait to watch Jabari Parker take it to him in Chicago this season when they meet!

PhillyFaninLA
05-16-2013, 07:25 AM

Any team that Tanks should be stripped of draft picks for the year they did it.

As fans we should look down on heartless, gutless, cowarldy, weak players, and coaches that are willing to tank, and the owners that allow it should be forced to sell.

No real fan roots for losses and no professional or even respectable person would lose on purpose. That is what losers do and weak willed weak minded people.

Backstabber
05-16-2013, 09:52 AM

I whole heartedly agree. Its a shame, watching colleges ignore their charter to educate students; just so they can have the top BB player for a year. Think about it enrolling a student, just to play basketball. The NCAA is a joke, and Wiggins is no student.

He really should think about playing overseas for a hot minute, make him some money, then come back. Why not?

TheNumber37
05-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Can the Bobcats get a break? No?

Detroit would be great for the kid.
CLE would be perfect.

MiamiBoy77
05-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Toronto obviously....

Ya

urban85disciple
05-16-2013, 11:08 AM
I whole heartedly agree. Its a shame, watching colleges ignore their charter to educate students; just so they can have the top BB player for a year. Think about it enrolling a student, just to play basketball. The NCAA is a joke, and Wiggins is no student.

He really should think about playing overseas for a hot minute, make him some money, then come back. Why not?

He doesn't have to play overseas to make money. If money and fame were important, he could just sign a D-League contract instead of going to college. Then he'd get paid through endorsements.

Besides, their contracts and facilities are horrible. I could see him tearing an ACL tripping over a loose floor board, or the team bus crashes and he breaks a bone.

NYCkid12
05-16-2013, 11:12 AM

Playing 1 game wouldn't change anything, you have to be one year removed from high school to be NBA draft eligible....not sure if you meant 1 season

kingkenny01
05-16-2013, 11:16 AM
people under value jabari parker he was supposed to be the elite talent for this draft before wiggins reclassified, this like a RG3-luck draft next year
number 1 and 2 are getting elite franchise players

jon32
05-16-2013, 11:53 AM
What does Wiggins get out of going to school in the U.S anyways ? I have no clue how that stuff works but if for some reason he got a career ending injury isnt his school pretty much useless ? Wouldnt he have to go through a buncha crap like visas or whatever its called n stuff if he got his education there ?

I'd assume he'd just go back to Canada and go back to school but it seems dumb

JLynn943
05-16-2013, 12:00 PM
What does Wiggins get out of going to school in the U.S anyways ? I have no clue how that stuff works but if for some reason he got a career ending injury isnt his school pretty much useless ? Wouldnt he have to go through a buncha crap like visas or whatever its called n stuff if he got his education there ?

He gets tons of exposure and a chance to prove himself against other future NBA players (not that he necessarily needs to prove that to be drafted 1st anyway)

sammyvine
05-16-2013, 12:07 PM
will be interesting to see who gets him with the no1 pick

i have a feeling cavs will tank and pair him with irving,

king4day
05-16-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd expect the same teams in the high lottery this year be up there again next season. If the Cavs stay healthy they might be removing themselves from contention.
Probably the Magic, Bobcats, Suns as the most likely. Maybe the Kings too depending on how this offseason goes for them.

72 Wins
05-16-2013, 12:51 PM
It would be nice for Toronto to get a potential superstar, but the odds are going to be very slim with the current roster which I think in between good and bad. They could possibly tank and gut the team, but still no guarantee they will have the #1 pick.

mjt20mik
05-16-2013, 12:56 PM
I thought Andrew was a fairly smart kid. I do agree that College athletes in the states are given freebies when it comes to school. I had an ex-GF that went to Michigan where she played a sport. Her courses was a joke, plus she majored in something pretty tough like chemistry.

TrueFan420
05-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Lol, yea I probably could have wrote that a little bit better, most people knew where I was going with it.. I didn't notice or read over it till I seen ur quote, appreciate the corrections

No worries. Normally I wouldn't go out of my way to make a point but I'm in paper writing mode cause its finals week.

futureman
05-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Jabari Parker will be going to the Jazz next year because he's a Mormon.

72 Wins
05-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Jabari Parker will be going to the Jazz next year because he's a Mormon.

That's why he also picked BYU this year? ;)

Jarvo
05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Can Andrew Wiggins be the 1st Andrew Wiggins?? Don't compare him to no one because if he doesnt live up to the hype people will call him a bust.

DallasTrilla23
05-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Can Andrew Wiggins be the 1st Andrew Wiggins?? Son't compare him to no one because if he doesnt live up to the hype people will call him a bust.

That's one of the reasons people hate on Lebron so much.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-16-2013, 06:45 PM

If Noel plays like he was before the injury, that team would get 50 wins on pure talent alone towards the end of the Heat run.

JEDean89
05-16-2013, 07:42 PM
the most ridiculous would be for him to go to either the cavs, hornets, or wiz and get the chance to play with another #1 pick but of those 3 i don't think any will be bad enough to get him. the only teams i see with a real shot are the teams that aren't going in any direction, which sucks for andrew.

The Suns
The Bobcats
The Blazers (Infamous tanking team)
The Kings
The Magic
The Pistons

My guess is one of those teams will get him, of which Detroit would be the best fit. Can you imagine something like Knight, Oladipo, Wiggins, Monroe, Drummond in a couple of years? especially if they can find a real pg and move Knight to the 6th man role.

h2r09
05-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Suns have to be the worst team right now looking ahead. Dont even have any future pieces on the team. They will be depressing to watch.

alexander_37
05-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Toronto obviously....

That would be awesome, a local kid going back home. He would be Derrick Rose like before the whole injury thing.

72 Wins
05-17-2013, 01:04 PM
If Noel plays like he was before the injury, that team would get 50 wins on pure talent alone towards the end of the Heat run.

hmmm.. Noel didn't really impress me that much to be honest prior to the injury. Potential is there, but he wasn't doing too much.

mdm692
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Suns have to be the worst team right now looking ahead. Dont even have any future pieces on the team. They will be depressing to watch.
Indeed. Just 10 draft picks in the next 3 drafts along with a lot of rookie contracts and expiring contracts in the next 2 years.

Sandman
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
the most ridiculous would be for him to go to either the cavs, hornets, or wiz and get the chance to play with another #1 pick but of those 3 i don't think any will be bad enough to get him. the only teams i see with a real shot are the teams that aren't going in any direction, which sucks for andrew.

The Suns
The Bobcats
The Kings
The Magic
The Pistons

My guess is one of those teams will get him, of which Detroit would be the best fit. Can you imagine something like Knight, Oladipo, Wiggins, Monroe, Drummond in a couple of years? especially if they can find a real pg and move Knight to the 6th man role.
Any of the other 6 could end up with the #1 this year too :shrug:

5ass
05-17-2013, 02:35 PM

The Suns
The Bobcats
The Kings
The Magic
The Pistons

what does that even mean? how are the magic not going in any direction? They're rebuilding and have the best chance to get the #1 pick this year.

Sly Guy
05-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Probably the only time in his career he gets to pick his situation. For an 18 year old kid, there's no way he understands the game of basketball as well as he needs to to succeed at the NBA level. Picking a year under a great coach can go a long way in developing his fundamentals and his work habits. It's an important step in going from potential to greatness. Sucks he isn't getting paid, but he'll have lots of money coming his way soon.

mdm692
05-17-2013, 03:57 PM
what does that even mean? how are the magic not going in any direction? They're rebuilding and have the best chance to get the #1 pick this year.
I don't think he understands the concept of rebuilding.

RLundi
05-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Not to under-emphasize but I hope Orlando gets him.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Whoever loses their star this offseason.

sammyvine
05-17-2013, 04:59 PM
i would love to see him with kyrie Irving but then again i want the nba to be come competitive. everbody knows he will be at least an all star level player so i would like him to go to one of the teams that has no star in the making. cavs have irving, hornets, davis....
maybe the suns, or bobcats/