PDA

View Full Version : Thaddeus Young and Sixers First Round Pick (Proj. 11th)...What Does Your Team Give?

YouAreSoWrong
05-14-2013, 05:01 AM
I feel like thats a good package for a real good starter or a real high draft pick...Thad is an offensive contributor for any team, 11th pick has solid value, but sixers need a big name. Just curious what we can get.

SeoulBeatz
05-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Blake Griffin

MiamiBoy77
05-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Danny Granger + for a package?

2-ONE-5
05-14-2013, 09:30 AM
where the hell is this coming form?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
05-14-2013, 09:45 AM
You can have aaron afflalo

tennisoscar1
05-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Better question: What would Turner and/or Hawes, 11th bring in?

BklynKnicks3
05-14-2013, 10:21 AM
u can have tyson chandler lol

JoeBlessU
05-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Kevin Love... U have to throw in next years 1st as well though..

2-ONE-5
05-14-2013, 11:04 AM
^if we knew the deal with Bynum Id love it even with the 2014 draft being strong, not sure if our new GM is willing to give up that pick so fast tho. Jrue, Bynum, and Love would be a hell of a big 3 in the East.

PhillyFaninLA
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
There are several above average but not elite big men we could sign....we are rebuilding, rebuilding teams, don't trade lottery picks and get better.

mdm692
05-14-2013, 11:54 AM
The Morris twins xD.

YouAreSoWrong
05-14-2013, 12:02 PM
yea because so many "rebuilding" teams with a pick outside the Top 10 really pan out :rolleyes:

Look...Thad is a valuable asset to the sixers...and probably the most valuable after Jrue--but he shouldn't be a starter for a team that needs STARS. Shed his reasonable contract to a team that has an identity but could use a boost. I REALLY don't see anyone at the 11th pick that will change us in a big way...I'd much rather shop both of them and try to get a legitimate guy to pair with Jrue...between Jrue, The New Acquisition, and Turner...you will better your chances at a free agent.

In addition- we have 2 early 2nd rd picks to try and find these sleeper guys that the good teams do.

I think Thad and a lottery is a great package to get us a real good player, and if we can snag one role player in the 2nd then thats the right direction.

TheIlladelph16
05-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Better question: What would Turner and/or Hawes, 11th bring in?

If I'm another team, Hawes presence in the trade only decreases the overall value of the package. But I can't stand watching him play, unless he is rockin' that awful mullet so consider me bias on that one. Can't play defense, rebound consistently or effectively utilize his size at this point.

u can have tyson chandler lol

Slightly too much on our end considering we are essentially a rebuilding team. Taking on that contract would be slightly dumb on our part and will hurt future flexibility.

Good short-term deal, but bad long-term for the Sixers there. Knicks definitively get worse with that deal.

I'd be ok with this actually.

PhillyFaninLA
05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
I want to add, most of the Sixers players will be off contract.

Sixers only have $46,193,356 in contracts next year, could be 43 mil if the let Kwambe go. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/philadelphia.htm

Salary cap will most likely be around $60 million. They can sign a good player if one will come here, maybe try and get Bynum on a one year incentive laden deal (Larry Bird rule and a base around $7 mil or so, if not let him walk) after you sign a good player with the promise if healthy, productive and making the team better of a long term deal.

I'm ok with trading Young and I think we should but not our lottery pick.

La11
05-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Andrea Bargnani

RJ_56
05-14-2013, 12:47 PM
You can have Monta Ellis and Ekpe Udoh.

Stinkyoutsider
05-14-2013, 12:50 PM
I think Young is an underrated player but him and the 11th should not be enough to land the kind of player the Sixers need? I think the Sixers need a big who has star potential. Honestly, if Bynum doesn't take a drastic pay cut, the Sixers should let him walk. His knees can't be trusted enough for a max deal?

Young would be a great pickup for any playoff teams who need that extra firepower to get over the hump imo.

Lab Rat Robby
05-14-2013, 01:19 PM
manu or splitter?

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Andrea Bargnani

& Tross

DubbyDubbs
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM
& Tross

& The Turd :) youre welcome.

sep11ie
05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Thomas Robinson and Royce White. Done.

mngopher35
05-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Minnesota really doesn't have a need for thad. We may be looking to do the same type of thing by packagin a combination of Derrick Williams, picks 9 and 26, and a pg (ridnour or barea).

Lake_Show2416
05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
y would the 76ers consider trading their most consistent player

PhillyFaninLA
05-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Because his basketball IQ is 7. As a Sixers fan I just see him do some incredibly stupid things at crucial times. There are games we could have won if he didn't commit a stupid foul or shoot a random three. He is a phenomenal bench guy for the right team. Truth is some team would probably trade a mid to late first rounder for him but I wouldn't trade for him if he was on another team.

JoeBlessU
05-14-2013, 04:37 PM

My guess is they wouldnt unless they felt like their team would improve as a result

2-ONE-5
05-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Because his basketball IQ is 7. As a Sixers fan I just see him do some incredibly stupid things at crucial times. There are games we could have won if he didn't commit a stupid foul or shoot a random three. He is a phenomenal bench guy for the right team. Truth is some team would probably trade a mid to late first rounder for him but I wouldn't trade for him if he was on another team.

what in the world are u talking about?

TheIlladelph16
05-14-2013, 05:09 PM

If it lands them a true star player or puts them in a better position to do so, then it just makes sense. He is probably their most tradeable asset behind Jrue, and I think he would be a solid piece for the right team in a package deal. Sixers are trapped in NBA's No Man's Land. We lack a true impact player after the Bynum deal blew up in our face, and a semi-rebuild may not necessarily be a bad thing.

YouAreSoWrong
05-14-2013, 06:50 PM

Ok...you clearly don't know anything.

Thaddeus Young has the best PER on our team. He's a major bright spot...but could be MUCH more valuable on another team as a high energy 6th man, or alongside a big dominant defensive center. Sixers need to get a big name in here to pair with Jrue. With Jrue (a young all star), a bigger name from the trade, and a potential big name free agent that wants to sign with Jrue and our acquired player...we could see a swing fairly quick. That's why.

bucketss
05-14-2013, 06:56 PM
bargnani

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:23 PM

he is still young and his ball iq will improve. honestly he isnt that dumb of a player either. in fact he is one of the best and most valuable players on your team. Id def keep him.

if anythig i would be looking to trade turner.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:24 PM
& The Turd :) youre welcome.

no no, were saving him for the bulls. thibs loves that turd for some reason. they almost gave us nate robinson for him :laugh2:

thaShady
05-14-2013, 07:33 PM

Ha. Beat me to it.

thaShady
05-14-2013, 07:34 PM

Then we could draft Noel and Olidipo then Wiggins next year. Championshiiiip.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:45 PM
wiggins will be a raptor. mark my words.
:cheer:

Odominator
05-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I feel like thats a good package for a real good starter or a real high draft pick...Thad is an offensive contributor for any team, 11th pick has solid value, but sixers need a big name. Just curious what we can get.

Lakers resign Andrew Bynum, then trade to the sixers for the 11th plus Young.

bholly
05-14-2013, 07:59 PM

Thomas Robinson and Royce White. Done.

Came in expecting trash (and most of it was), but man, these are some pretty good deals for us.

tennisoscar1
05-14-2013, 09:33 PM
I would love for Hinkie to pursue Danny Granger

shen
05-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Hickson, Freeland, our two seconds, and anyone else not named Lillard, Mathews, Batum, LMA, Leonard, or Barton.

urban85disciple
05-15-2013, 04:51 PM
You can have Monta Ellis and Ekpe Udoh.

I'll take it

2-ONE-5
05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
^no way. Ellis doesnt improve us at all and will cost about the same or more than Thad. The only reason Thad would be moved is to shed salary

urban85disciple
05-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Then we could draft Noel and Olidipo then Wiggins next year. Championshiiiip.

If you're team is that bad that even with Noel and Olidipo that you still get the #1 pick next year, you're a LOOONNG way from championship even with Wiggins.

And Wiggins is staying in Canada (Toronto) cause the NBA says so.

^no way. Ellis doesnt improve us at all and will cost about the same or more than Thad. The only reason Thad would be moved is to shed salary

See, I actually think Ellis would improve us while Udoh isn't a huge downgrade. We have no scoring at all and Ellis would put fans in seats. Would you do it for Thad without the draft pick?

Shkelqim
05-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Keep Thad get Bynum healthy get rid of Hawes or Turner, sign a legit SG. This team will be on the uprise. Trust me thad is a good player, having him as a third option is not a bad thing, just need to get a legit SG.

Hawkeye15
05-15-2013, 05:03 PM

Love for Young, the 11th pick in a weak draft, and a pick in the very worst high teens next year?

puke

Green_Monster
05-15-2013, 05:29 PM

So Kevin Love for Young, the 11th pick, and 15-25 pick in next years draft? That's a terrible offer.

I'd be ok with this actually.

I'd imagine you would be okay with it. It's such a lopsided trade.

Came in expecting trash (and most of it was), but man, these are some pretty good deals for us.

That would be an amazing deal for the 76'ers, too bad the T-Wolves would never do it.

WITZ
05-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Lakers resign Andrew Bynum, then trade to the sixers for the 11th plus Young.

Underrated trade proposal :laugh2:

IgglesFanInCO
05-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Danilo Gallinari

maddBat
05-15-2013, 06:09 PM
stat

MonroeFAN
05-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Rondel Stuckey (Rodney's cousin).

But on the real, Brandon Knight, Slava Krastov and cash.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-15-2013, 06:14 PM
You are so wrong

TheIlladelph16
05-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Love for Young, the 11th pick in a weak draft, and a pick in the very worst high teens next year?

puke

We will throw in Spencer "The Mullet" Hawes to sweeten the pot.

So Kevin Love for Young, the 11th pick, and 15-25 pick in next years draft? That's a terrible offer.

I'd imagine you would be okay with it. It's such a lopsided trade.

That would be an amazing deal for the 76'ers, too bad the T-Wolves would never do it.

Oh we're in complete agreement. Terrible trade for the Wolves on that one.

Green_Monster
05-15-2013, 07:33 PM
We will throw in Spencer "The Mullet" Hawes to sweeten the pot.

Oh we're in complete agreement. Terrible trade for the Wolves on that one.

Yeah, I was agreeing with the 2nd and 3rd quotes. If the 76'ers added more, it could be an interesting deal.

2-ONE-5
05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
If you're team is that bad that even with Noel and Olidipo that you still get the #1 pick next year, you're a LOOONNG way from championship even with Wiggins.

And Wiggins is staying in Canada (Toronto) cause the NBA says so.

See, I actually think Ellis would improve us while Udoh isn't a huge downgrade. We have no scoring at all and Ellis would put fans in seats. Would you do it for Thad without the draft pick?

i dont think Ellis out butts in the seats, hes far from a superstar. I prefer what Thad gives us with his nonstop motor, doing the dirty work, and plus he can play and should improve more.

bholly
05-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Underrated trade proposal :laugh2:

Except the Lakers can't sign Bynum, and even if they could they couldn't S+T him elsewhere, and even if they could there's absolutely no incentive for Bynum who could get more money, and keep the Sixers better, by signing with them outright.

If the Lakers want Thad or a pick (or both) they're going to need to find some tradeable assets first.

bholly
05-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Huge no to Monta.

sunnydayin'zona
05-15-2013, 08:03 PM
If I were the sixers, I'd try to bring Iggy back, get Josh Smith, keep Bynum, and draft Oladipo with the 11th overall pick.

Jrue
Iggy
Oladipo
Smith
Bynum

Nobody would score on that team.

Corey
05-15-2013, 08:22 PM
If I were the sixers, I'd try to bring Iggy back, get Josh Smith, keep Bynum, and draft Oladipo with the 11th overall pick.

Jrue
Iggy
Oladipo
Smith
Bynum

Nobody would score on that team.
Good luck paying everyone and still having Oladipo around at pick #11. He'll go top 7 without a doubt.

yungincome
05-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Mike Woodson

Lakers Ghost
05-18-2013, 03:39 PM
lakers can always trade Gasol.:cool: