PDA

View Full Version : Could Z-Bo make the Hall of Fame?

mightybosstone
05-14-2013, 01:11 AM
So.... Watching this Thunder/Grizzlies game tonight, a realization crossed my mind which I had never thought of before: No player has done more to pull a 180 on his legacy over the last five years than Zach Randolph. As crazy as it sounds, I think it's totally accurate.

Think about it.... In 2008-2009, Randolph was considered a selfish offensive player who put forth no effort defensively and made more splashes for his errors off the court than on the court and was considered a bit of a team cancer. He comes to Memphis in 2010 after playing for three teams in as many years and all of a sudden reinvents himself.

He suddenly emerges as an elite rebounding PF, a guy who gives a **** on defense and who his teammates love. He's now in his second deep playoff run in four years and made is second all-star game despite coming back from an injury which many thought he might not recover from. He's even elevated his game considerably for this postseason and is a big reason why Memphis could be the favorites to come out of the Western Conference.

So, now to get to the question... Can Z-Bo realistically make the Hall of Fame someday? Randolph is 31 and has already shown some signs of decline in the regular season. But there are players with worse numbers in the Hall of Fame, and he still could add to his legacy if he sticks with Memphis 3-5 more seasons, continues to put up these kind of numbers for contending teams and adds a few more All-Star appearances.

What does everyone think? Is this completely crazy, or could it have a chance of happening?

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 01:17 AM
No. He is not a hall of fame level player.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 01:17 AM
he was always pretty beastly in Portland. And the Knicks were a mess when he was there, not really because of him either..

In terms of attitude, I agree he has def matured.

MrfadeawayJB
05-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Memphis basketball hof, maybe have his #50 retired. If he gets a championship it may change though

mightybosstone
05-14-2013, 01:26 AM
If he wins a ring as the No. 2 or No. 3 guy on this Memphis team, I think he's got a legitimate shot. If he doesn't, then I think he has to put up really solid numbers for another 3-5 seasons and continue to excel in the postseason with long playoff runs the rest of his career. I'm thinking if he finished his career with 18/9, a 20 PER and .135 WS/48, 4-5 All-Star appearances and solid postseason numbers in 60-70 playoff games, he would be an excellent candidate.

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2013, 01:26 AM
I thought about this awhile ago...I highly doubt it. Maybe if he woke up and smelt the coffee 2-3 years earlier. He's getting up there in age and I think he'd need like 4-5 more dominant seasons.

Cracka2HI!
05-14-2013, 01:28 AM
He's really underrated. The Clipps dumped him for nothing when we got Griffin. To this day Z-Bo is a better player.

BKLYNpigeon
05-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Sure why not? NBA Hall of Fame is a Joke and watered down. They take 10+ people every year!!!

just look at it this way, Michael Jordan's bust is gracing the Halls of the HOF with beat writers and announcers.

MLB has a Hall of Fame that actually works.

ARMIN12NBA
05-14-2013, 01:35 AM
He probably won't have the longevity necessary to make the HOF, but he has certainly changed his legacy and its been awesome witnessing his growth. I remember how little the Clippers valued him. Now, Z-Bo can win a championship as one of the most integral parts of his team.

Avenged
05-14-2013, 02:19 AM
Well, lets take a look at this accomplishments:

2× NBA All-Star (2010, 2013)
All-NBA Third Team (2011)
NBA Most Improved Player (2004)

Nope. He needs to add a lot more hardware for himself to even be considered.

bigmac8675
05-14-2013, 02:37 AM
No... dude is a baller. But definitely not HOF caliber.

HYFR
05-14-2013, 02:43 AM
No no no. Rasheed Wallace was a better player in his prime and he doesn't make it

sep11ie
05-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Sure why not? NBA Hall of Fame is a Joke and watered down. They take 10+ people every year!!!

just look at it this way, Michael Jordan's bust is gracing the Halls of the HOF with beat writers and announcers.

MLB has a Hall of Fame that actually works.

It isn't just the NBA Hall of Fame. It's the Basketball Hall of Fame. That's why more people make it each year.

NYKalltheway
05-14-2013, 02:51 AM

it's such a joke it doesn't even exist.

OaklandsFinest
05-14-2013, 02:52 AM
I don't get all the Randolph love.. I mean he's basically Anthony Mason... He's a very good player as a starter on a balanced team. He's good nothing spectacular.

Hellcrooner
05-14-2013, 03:04 AM
If they win the ring AND he gets the finals mvp.
Maybe.

But IF they won the finals mvp should probably go to Marc or Conley.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-14-2013, 03:09 AM
NaH DOgG he DiDn't hELp New y0Rk WiŃ

Blitzbolt
05-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I said ZBO is better then Love and everyone lol at me.I Still take him over love nothing flashy but he works everygame even when the team is not winning like when he got here.

Blitzbolt
05-14-2013, 09:09 AM
NaH DOgG he DiDn't hELp New y0Rk WiŃZBO on Dantoni system -_-

LeperMessiah
05-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Hall of Very Good?

Hangtime
05-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Nah.....I don't see him in the hall of fame. I just don't see enough credentials. He would have to go beast mode in the finals and snag the Finals MVP just to even get in the conversation. We talking Moses Malone like performances.

ManRam
05-14-2013, 09:28 AM
he needs a lot more on his resume. i definitely don't think he will

let's not thin it down any more than it is.

mightybosstone
05-14-2013, 09:56 AM
If they win the ring AND he gets the finals mvp.
Maybe.

But IF they won the finals mvp should probably go to Marc or Conley.
If he won a ring and a Finals MVP, I still think he would need another three years of solid production, but that would certainly give him a shot.

Well, lets take a look at this accomplishments:

2× NBA All-Star (2010, 2013)
All-NBA Third Team (2011)
NBA Most Improved Player (2004)

Nope. He needs to add a lot more hardware for himself to even be considered.
I never said he was close now, and I admit that he would have to achieve a lot more in his career to even be in the discussion. I'm just saying that it's not impossible given how much better he's played the last four years in Memphis and how much he's improved his image.

Rivera
05-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Why not? The NBA HOF is the biggest joke of a "hall of fame" in all of the major us sports, probably the biggest joke of a "hall of fame" in the entire world

Its a nice facility but the voting process is a joke

Pierzynski4Prez
05-14-2013, 11:20 AM
I like zbo a bit, but he will fall a little short assuming he continues another 3-4 years at a decent rate (16/8 or so). Great turnaround though and could end up top 100 in points and top 50 in rebounds when he's done.

Hellcrooner
05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Why not? The NBA HOF is the biggest joke of a "hall of fame" in all of the major us sports, probably the biggest joke of a "hall of fame" in the entire world

Its a nice facility but the voting process is a joke
how can something that does NOt ExiST be a joke?