PDA

View Full Version : Has this postseason altered your view of any team/indivual?

DreamShaker
05-14-2013, 12:28 AM
The postseason is the time of year where goats and heroes are made. Granted, we are not done yet, but some teams are, and some guys have either raised or lowered their stock in many folks eyes.

So what, if any, changes have been made as to how you view players/teams or anything else this playoffs, so far?

mightybosstone
05-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Steph Curry and Klay Thompson both have made monumental leaps before my eyes in this postseason, but I have an entirely different view of Golden State altogether. Also, I've always though Mike Conley was underrated, but watching him this offseason has been eye opening. The guy has been a complete stud, and it's very clear that they did the right thing by keeping Conley and letting Gay walk.

On the flip side, I kinda hate Durant's guts now. As a UT guy who I always respected on the floor, I went into the series with my Rockets as a huge Durant fan. But between his constant *****ing, his unnecessary trash talking and that whole "Hack-a... whatever his name is" comment, I can't stand the guy anymore. I never thought I would dislike him, but those six games turned me into a huge Durant hater.

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 12:55 AM
**** the Nuggets is all I have to say.

b@llhog24
05-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Nah.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 01:10 AM
I kinda look at the bulls and rose different now. the bulls are almost as good with out him :shrug:

mdm692
05-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Okc's FO.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Durant ,giffen, and rose the cover of 2k13

Longhornfan1234
05-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Chris Paul is no rondo. Wade is done.

Dade County
05-14-2013, 01:35 AM
I honestly think about health & contraction.

I just don't know how to get pass a city losing their team... And teams/organizations should be forced by some creative rule, to use their bench more.

Like players cant go over this amount a minutes per 2weeks; I know they get millions but use your 15man roster dammit (at least twice a month).

EDIT**
I would like to see more stack teams in the playoffs... More star power on each team, or 4 to 5 talented guys on 1 team.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-14-2013, 01:39 AM
I kinda look at the bulls and rose different now. the bulls are almost as good with out him :shrug:
Nah, we are a title contender with him. Granted, we did have a pretty successful season behind hard work and Thibs

OliveMyPrivates
05-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Parity is good for the NBA. Look at the Eastern Conference: It's a cakewalk for the Heat. Might as well roll out the red carpet to the Finals. It's no guarantee they'll win it all with whoever comes out of the west, but goddamn the Eastern Conference is PATHETIC outside one super team - The Heat. I would rather see the talent spread out.

AI
05-14-2013, 04:17 AM
My answer? **** yeah. The GSW have a significantly bright future and I enjoy watching them play.

JC_
05-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Jimmy Butler has really impressed me. Norris Cole has matured a lot for the Heat. I think having a guy like Westbrook to shoulder much of the burden really helped KD and not having him is making KD feel a kind of pressure that he's not accustomed to.

Jarvo
05-14-2013, 07:53 AM
1. Westbrook isnt overrated and means more to OKC than I thought.
2. Clippers are overrated and should trade Blake & DJ quick!
4. Jimmy Butler is the ****ing Truth!
5. Curry and The Warriors are a good young team :worthy:
6. I think real different about Rose :hide:
7. Something is up with Wade and it's gotta be more than his knee.
8. The Knicks are the same Knicks.
9. Conley is good like I knew he was and folks are now starting to notice.
10. OKC ****ed up keeping Ibaka over Harden :facepalm: knew it would comeback to hurt them.

NYJ - NYY
05-14-2013, 08:44 AM
10. OKC ****ed up keeping Ibaka over Harden :facepalm: knew it would comeback to hurt them.

knicks havent made it out of the first round in quite some time... i think its the opposite of the same old knicks... dont get me wrong right now they need to all step up though

Jarvo
05-14-2013, 09:03 AM
knicks havent made it out of the first round in quite some time... i think its the opposite of the same old knicks... dont get me wrong right now they need to all step up though

Indeed, But I just thought they will be better than this, idk if they're tired from last round or what. I know Melo is hurting for damn sure.

NYJ - NYY
05-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Indeed, But I just thought they will be better than this, idk if they're tired from last round or what. I know Melo is hurting for damn sure.

melo going against west is hurting melo... JR not taking any pressure off him is adding to it, we need to come out firing and run them out of their own building tonight if we want this series!!

sager729
05-14-2013, 09:09 AM

This is a very good list here.

All I know, being a Bulls fan, Rose better be ****ing ready to come in next season and really be almost back to his old self. Should have been playing this year.

nycericanguy
05-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Bulls and Rose.

Not to say Rose isn't a great player, but CHI, had they kepy Asik & Korver, I think they could have been title contenders w/o Rose.

They are dead tired now, but MIA is at full strength and has HCA. I think it's a different series if Hinrich, Deng, Asik & Korver were there. Guys wouldn't have to be playing 48m.

I still think MIA wins, but had CHI kept those guys I think they are a 50+ win team.

And Rose... I was stunned that he left his teammates out to dry... def changed my opinion on him. He put himself on a pedestal as if his career was more important that anyone else on the team.

nycericanguy
05-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Oh and CHI really messed up paying Taj 8-9m per and letting Asik walk.

Taj is so overrated, and he's a very old 4th year player, will be 28 next month...

Blitzbolt
05-14-2013, 09:21 AM
kawhi Leonard-Spurs try too make him the next Lebron but he is nothing but a role player.
Jack-Glad he finally got a team that wants him.
Thibs-His rotations have to be the worst in the NBA.
JR Smith-Dislike him even more.

kdspurman
05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
kawhi Leonard-Spurs try too make him the next Lebron but he is nothing but a role player.

Would love to know where any comparison was to Lebron... Considering he's in his 2nd year and averaging nearly a double double in the playoffs, I'd say he's a dam good role player.

Then again, you'd rather have Chalmers over Irving so the stuff you say should surprise no one at this point

FYL_McVeezy
05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Steph Curry is trending up for me....didnt watch much Warriors games this season....along with Patrick Beverley, Paul George

D12, Tyson Chandler, Joe Johnson, Avery Bradley, Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings all trending down for me......

NYKnickFanatic
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM

No excuses, we shouldn't be playing so badly. :( Everyone is hurting and tired.

Jarvo
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM

Whaaaat?? :facepalm:

ManRam
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Steph Curry is more than just potentially the best shooter ever. He's shown me a good deal defensively and play-making too. I'll admit I didn't watch much of him this regular season. However, I think people are getting slightly carried away. He's not magically the third best player in the NBA or anything.

If Jimmy Butler ever gets a somewhat consistent offensive game he'll be a great two-way player. Love his defense and hustle. I think most knew this, but seeing him in a huge role is fun, even if offensively he hasn't put up crazy numbers.

Shump, Beverley, Jack (gonna get paid well) and Hibbert trending up as well.

LeBron, KD and CP3 are still the three best players. That shouldn't change in anyone's eyes, assuming you were smart enough to have it at that in the first place. CP3's team got bounced, but he played about as flawless of basketball as you could. Winning matters, but sometimes there's only so much even a great player can do.

Durant without Westbrook isn't going to be as amazingly efficient, we know that. Durant also hasn't been ultra clutch in the playoffs like some tend to believe. Nothing here should shock people, and nothing really should knock him down. He's still putting up ridiculous numbers. I had the gap between him and Bron relatively big, so nothing's changed there either.

Nothing's changed on the Westbrook front. I've always been a huge defender of his. He has a few flaws, but they are grossly outweighed by his other abilities and grossly overblown. He helps out Durant a tremendous amount.

Down-trending are Blake, who was terrible.

Not going to say anything about Wade. He was a top 3 player last season, then was banged up in the playoffs. He was great this regular season, but looks banged up again. When healthy he's still top 5-7. Crawford shat the bed. JR I genuinely felt turned a corner, but he's his same old self. Joe Johnson was terrible. Tyson doesn't seem to be his normal self.

Even Melo, a guy who I'm hard on, has disappointed me. The three best Knicks players really have flopped. Hopefully they figure it out.

My opinion on Klay hasn't changed, but holy hell are people getting way too hyped over him. I love the guy, but he really hasn't been great.

Jarvo
05-14-2013, 09:44 AM
No excuses, we shouldn't be playing so badly. :( Everyone is hurting and tired.

You're right but he's hurt, I won't be suprised if he let it been known after the playoffs are over.

alexander_37
05-14-2013, 09:57 AM
On the flip side, I kinda hate Durant's guts now. As a UT guy who I always respected on the floor, I went into the series with my Rockets as a huge Durant fan. But between his constant *****ing, his unnecessary trash talking and that whole "Hack-a... whatever his name is" comment, I can't stand the guy anymore. I never thought I would dislike him, but those six games turned me into a huge Durant hater.

100000% agree with everything said here. I used to love Durant as well.

Jarvo
05-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Oh yeah I love My Spurs but we NEED! A big bad I'm hoping we get Al Jeffrson or some kind of center because we need one.

JiffyMix88
05-14-2013, 10:16 AM
The way Steph and the Warriors have played during this post season has got me psyched to watch each Warriors game like it's Davidson all over again.

Bulls have surprised the hell out of me with being able to compete with the adversity that they have had to go through this post season and should only help them get better next year.

Knicks need a real 4 Melo is no LeBron.

Indiana has been a lot better defensively than I gave credit for.

Dwight isn't **** and Stan Van Gundy really made him look good.

I thought Memphis would have to only get by the Thunder to win the championship and starting to think they will win it more and more as the post season has progressed.

Spurs need to get rid of Manu while they can get something in return.

Best post season in sometime hope it continues to be as entertaining as it as been.

TrueFan420
05-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Steph Curry is more than just potentially the best shooter ever. He's shown me a good deal defensively and play-making too. I'll admit I didn't watch much of him this regular season. However, I think people are getting slightly carried away. He's not magically the third best player in the NBA or anything.

My opinion on Klay hasn't changed, but holy hell are people getting way too hyped over him. I love the guy, but he really hasn't been great.

Currys been doing this for more than just the playoffs this year. However, agreed he isn't top 3 but a lot people thought he was noting more than a shooter and that's just off. He was robbed of an allstar spot.

What did you think of Klay? Most thought he was shooter and nothing more. I think he's proven that he can shoot, go to basket and play good d. The dude has improved a lot from last year and I believe he will take another step again next year.

OceanSpray
05-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Miami surprised me. I knew they were tough when they had to be but the fact that they outtoughed the Bulls and turned it to their own advantage proved a lot. Miami is one of those teams that struggle against teams that aren't afraid to push them around, but not this time.

JordansBulls
05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah to me this is the 3rd year in a row where a #1 seeded team lost a star player to injury. Westbrook in 2013, Rose in 2012 and Manu in 2011.

LakerfaninKY
05-14-2013, 11:39 AM
OKC - Questionable front office since the last 2 trades (Green for Perkins - the trade that was horrible for both teams involved, and trading Harden instead of either Westbrook or Ibaka), has really put the future of this team in question

Bulls - Tough as nails, much respect

Derrick Rose - Take a cue from the rest of your team - man up

Steph Curry - Superstar if the ankle holds up

Melo and the Knicks - They are the Nuggets from a few years ago, too much attitude and ego to ever go far

Paul George - Quiet underrated superstar in the making

Clippers - Their best season ever ends the same way as the Lakers worst season ever - perspective

Lebron - Amazing

Memphis - It ain't pretty, but it is effective

Spurs - One last run

Lakers/Celtics - Time is not on your side, huge question marks going forward

ManRam
05-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Currys been doing this for more than just the playoffs this year. However, agreed he isn't top 3 but a lot people thought he was noting more than a shooter and that's just off. He was robbed of an allstar spot.

What did you think of Klay? Most thought he was shooter and nothing more. I think he's proven that he can shoot, go to basket and play good d. The dude has improved a lot from last year and I believe he will take another step again next year.

how can you say he was "robbed" when the other guards that made it were kobe, paul, westbrook, harden and parker?

i like klay a lot, but he really hasn't played well these playoffs. the reality is that he doesn't attack or score in the paint enough. his scoring efficiency is respectable, but considering how good of a shooter he is it's lower than it should be. he doesn't provide enough elsewhere to make his shot selection OK. he's no ineffecient necessarily, he just can do better. just look at his shot charts lately; lots and lots of deep twos.

i think he'll continue to take more steps forward as well. i hope/think he'll make a few all-star games.

OceanSpray
05-14-2013, 12:33 PM
In order for someone to get robbed, they'd have to have possession of such. Curry isn't better than parker, kobe, harden, chris paul, or westbrook. The competition of guards in the nba is tough; especially in the west. I personally think david lee deserved it more. He's been amazing for the entire regular season but i can see why curry would deserve it as well considering he's their star player.

RaiderLakersA's
05-14-2013, 12:53 PM
The most consistent player by FAR in these playoffs has been #0. Last name: Bug. First name: Injury. Street names: Dream-Denied, The Reaper, Badbreaks, Dun-Sun (as in "Your season is done, son.") and countless others.

I want league-wide contraction. Some of these franchises need to close up shop anyway. I want deeper benches as a result of said contraction.

I want the season reduced by 15-20 games and the first round of the playoffs rolled back to a 5 game format.

For teams that do not make the playoffs, I want free agency to begin for their terminated players at the end of the season, with a chance for said players to be picked up by a playoff team according to seeding via waiver wire. The contract lasts for only the playoffs and the players are paid the per game equivalent of what they earned under their previous contract. And yes, I want the newly acquired players to be eligible for playoff competition as soon as they're signed by the new squad. Oh, and for the duration of the playoffs the cap is soft, but the luxury tax is enforced with all proceeds going to the pool of non-playoff teams that lost players to playoff teams. Additional compensatory draft picks are also given to the non-playoff squads.

Yes, some crazy notions here, and maybe it will turn the Finals into a mercenary for hire fest, but I want to see the best compete against the best. And I'm sick of injuries.

utl768
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM
the bulls outside of rose are bunch of tough sob's

major props to that team for stepping up in the face of all sorts of adversity

beliges
05-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Memphis is for real.

Lakers are nothing without Kobe (still).

Steph curry is elite.

No team in the league can match Miami's talent.

RLundi
05-14-2013, 05:12 PM
How about Russell Westbrook is more important than he's given credit for?

Monta is beast
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
In order for someone to get robbed, they'd have to have possession of such. Curry isn't better than parker, kobe, harden, chris paul, or westbrook. The competition of guards in the nba is tough; especially in the west. I personally think david lee deserved it more. He's been amazing for the entire regular season but i can see why curry would deserve it as well considering he's their star player.

Curry is better than Parker and Westbrook, in all reality he's better than Kobe, and I would take him over Harden

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Curry is better than Parker and Westbrook, in all reality he's better than Kobe, and I would take him over Harden

Let Curry play like this for longer than the playoffs and then maybe he could be better than Parker and Westbrook. He'll always be a great shooter, but Westbrook is great on both ends on the floor and Parker was an MVP candidate until he got injured.

Bravo95
05-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Not really. My respect for Scott Brooks couldn't get much lower. Everything else is going the way I figured it would.

ManRam
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM

you're entitled to your opinion, so long as you realized that it's based in some immense bias

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Parker is better than Curry.

Westbrook and Curry are tied.

Curry has Westbrook beat offensively, but Westbrook is an elite defender.

I could be biased, but that's the risk you take with being a fan.

smith&wesson
05-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Nah, we are a title contender with him. Granted, we did have a pretty successful season behind hard work and Thibs

the furthest the bulls have gone with rose is the ECF's. they just made it to the 2nd round with out him. only they were missing deng and noah was playing injured. So really how much worse are they with out rose, honestly? thats why i stated the bulls are almost as good with out him.

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 07:38 PM
the furthest the bulls have gone with rose is the ECF's. they just made it to the 2nd round with out him. only they were missing deng and noah was playing injured. So really how much worse are they with out rose, honestly? thats why i stated the bulls are almost as good with out him.

No. They aren't.

MTL_123
05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Yes
GS is legit
Rose is the softest player in the league
Durant's stock has fallen a bit - he really cant carry a team by himself
Westbrooks stock went up okc is such a different team without him
KNicks-JR TC and Kidd smh these 3 pulled 1 hell of a disappearing act kinda feel bad for melo

koreancabbage
05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Melo is overrated. Knicks fans will start saying that his teammates are old and the supporting cast was bad even though they were raving about their team at the beginning of the season. Its about time to recognize Melo is gonna be known as a loser for his career.

Splash brothers are awesome and Raptors ex point guards are awesome 6th men (Jack for GS and Bayless for Memphis)

Vee-Rex
05-14-2013, 09:06 PM

I disagree. I think it's the same old Knicks. If the Celtics had Rondo the Knicks would be fishing right now.

The Knicks aren't a bad team, don't get me wrong. They just aren't a championship contender and mainly because the Amare/Melo combination didn't work (don't play well together and Amare stays injured).

If Amare lived up to what was expected then they'd be a contender no doubt.

The only two playoff teams the Knicks could've beat in the East were the Bucks and the Hawks (obviously a Rondo-less Celtics team). They would lose to any playoff team in the West... though maybe they could've taken the Rockets. Not bashing the Knicks or their fans, it's just reality.

arkanian215
05-14-2013, 09:15 PM

lol, please
05-14-2013, 09:17 PM
I think less of the Lakers and Heat.

I also learned Curry is a top 3 PG and Bogut is a top 3 C.

ManRam
05-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I think less of the Lakers and Heat.

I also learned Curry is a top 3 PG and Bogut is a top 3 C.

what...the....

huh?

lol, please
05-14-2013, 10:55 PM
I would love to hear an argument for 3 Centers better than a healthy Bogut. Don't worry, i'll wait.

DreamShaker
05-14-2013, 11:12 PM
I would love to hear an argument for 3 Centers better than a healthy Bogut. Don't worry, i'll wait.

I would take Noah, Howard, and Gasol over him. I could also see an argument for Brook Lopez and Hibbert. But I agree he is up there, if healthy. You think he's better than those guys?

TrueFan420
05-14-2013, 11:27 PM
I would take Noah, Howard, and Gasol over him. I could also see an argument for Brook Lopez and Hibbert. But I agree he is up there, if healthy. You think he's better than those guys?

Gasol is the best... An argument could be made for Howard but he's been bad this year and in the playoffs. Bogut is a two way player. He changed the warriors d. He is a much better passer then any of your list other than maybe gasol. He can score from the post and remember he is still coming back from his injury.

TrueFan420
05-14-2013, 11:35 PM
how can you say he was "robbed" when the other guards that made it were kobe, paul, westbrook, harden and parker?

i like klay a lot, but he really hasn't played well these playoffs. the reality is that he doesn't attack or score in the paint enough. his scoring efficiency is respectable, but considering how good of a shooter he is it's lower than it should be. he doesn't provide enough elsewhere to make his shot selection OK. he's no ineffecient necessarily, he just can do better. just look at his shot charts lately; lots and lots of deep twos.

i think he'll continue to take more steps forward as well. i hope/think he'll make a few all-star games.

It was close between all of them including curry but i think he deserved it.

He slashes enough. Barnes is the slasher. Klays shooting percentage took a hit cause he put a great deal of work into being a better defender. It will rise again.

NYK|NYY
05-14-2013, 11:55 PM
I think some people thought the Knicks would be better, others aren't surprised. I think you can chalk some of that up to the Knicks have a strong regular season. But, anyone who has watched them enough would notice the team has some bad habits that have made coming back in the playoffs an insurmountable task. Worse, it makes falling behind a lot easier. Boxing out, running back, mental toughness. If a team does not have discipline in these areas, they have no hope to overcome the laughable slumps they have had from JR/Kidd. A lot of people may have thought the Knicks were a better than average team coming into the playoffs because of the 2nd seed, but in context, the Eastern Conference is terrible. Anything short of the second seed would be kind of embarrassing considering the roster in that conference. I knew the Indy series was going to be really tough when the Celtics took 2 games off of us in the first round. Because, lets face it, the Celtics were pretty awful as is AND got nothing from Pierce. With the way the current series has gone, cannot say I'm surprised.

As far as who I blame, the players played as bad as you can expect. This is literally the worst case scenario in terms of performance. Everyone wants to blame Melo but even if he played better, it might not have mattered considering how many players have flat out sucked.

And, really, all of these mental errors, the laziness, getting away from the game plan etc, can be thrown on Woodson's shoulders for not instilling discipline during the regular season. I won't even bother with any substitutions he could have or did not make, because a team that lacks a strong foundation to begin with it isn't going far. So, ya. I don't think firing Woodson for the sake of change is the answer but if we can get a better Coach, I think we have to.

Vee-Rex
05-15-2013, 12:22 AM
I think some people thought the Knicks would be better, others aren't surprised. I think you can chalk some of that up to the Knicks have a strong regular season. But, anyone who has watched them enough would notice the team has some bad habits that have made coming back in the playoffs an insurmountable task. Worse, it makes falling behind a lot easier. Boxing out, running back, mental toughness. If a team does not have discipline in these areas, they have no hope to overcome the laughable slumps they have had from JR/Kidd. A lot of people may have thought the Knicks were a better than average team coming into the playoffs because of the 2nd seed, but in context, the Eastern Conference is terrible. Anything short of the second seed would be kind of embarrassing considering the roster in that conference. I knew the Indy series was going to be really tough when the Celtics took 2 games off of us in the first round. Because, lets face it, the Celtics were pretty awful as is AND got nothing from Pierce. With the way the current series has gone, cannot say I'm surprised.

As far as who I blame, the players played as bad as you can expect. This is literally the worst case scenario in terms of performance. Everyone wants to blame Melo but even if he played better, it might not have mattered considering how many players have flat out sucked.

And, really, all of these mental errors, the laziness, getting away from the game plan etc, can be thrown on Woodson's shoulders for not instilling discipline during the regular season. I won't even bother with any substitutions he could have or did not make, because a team that lacks a strong foundation to begin with it isn't going far. So, ya. I don't think firing Woodson for the sake of change is the answer but if we can get a better Coach, I think we have to.

I agree completely with you. A lot of the Knicks problems seem to be mental and just not good fundamentals. Woodson could've done a better job at that.

I think NY might fire back and take game 5 but I think the Pacers will win the series back at home. NY is like one great scorer and better coaching away from being a serious threat to Miami so I guess we'll see what happens in the offseason.

I'm not too impressed with Miami either... I honestly think whoever comes out the West will win the championship.

RiceOnTheRun
05-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Parity is good for the NBA. Look at the Eastern Conference: It's a cakewalk for the Heat. Might as well roll out the red carpet to the Finals. It's no guarantee they'll win it all with whoever comes out of the west, but goddamn the Eastern Conference is PATHETIC outside one super team - The Heat. I would rather see the talent spread out.

Well obviously alot of the current star-power is out west..
In a few years, there'll be the Wizards and Cavs stepping up to fight for those 2-4 spots in the East.
We could easily see

Heat
Cavs
Bulls
Wizards
Pacers
Sixers
Magic
All of em in the playoffs in the next 4-5 years as they all have nice young talent.
That being said, parity would ruin the NBA. Nobody wants to see the Bucks in the finals against the Jazz. The superstar matchups are what makes the NBA so successful. Lebron v Bulls. Durant v Harden. Melo v KG/PP. So on and so on. Tell me how much you know about the Pacers/Hawks series. It had less fanfare hyping it up and was definitely the low-point of any of the first round matchups.

OT: The entire active Bulls lineup. Nate Robinson especially. Dude is a trooper. Even though they're down 1-3 I applaud them for the effort they put out every single game.

Conversely, I'm starting to take back my opinion on the Knicks after these past 2 series. I haven't changed my view on Melo much, but this just sealed the deal that he could never be the same type of player as Lebron imo. Melo from the first 10 games of the season had given me some hope that he could be similar to the whole 'drawing double team/pass out/efficient' player thing Lebron has. In the end, he's a scorer, a very good one but nonetheless a scorer that relies on his teammates to pull the same weight as him. I don't blame him for our playoff troubles, it's just the way he plays his game. He can score 30 on will, but if the rest of his team doesn't show up, the Knicks are down and out whereas Lebron can score 0 points and still have a positive impact on the rest of his team (defensively and creating open shots for teammates).

Also, the Warriors team for sure and definitely the Rockets. Most of their games were close and if only a few shots went down differently, it could've been a first round upset.

Guppyfighter
05-15-2013, 04:42 AM
Rockets will be a top sixth seed next year. That's what I learned. They are good.

R. Johnson#3
05-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Golden State

I started watching Steph Curry highlights this year but finally watched the team play in the playoffs. Once Biedrins and RJ's contracts are gone this team is going to own the west.

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Not really...maybe Golden State a bit...Memphis has 3 bigs, Durant is now down 2 stars from last years playoffs with the injury to Westbrook, I've said multiple times (and get grilled hard everytime I do) that you don't win titles with guys like Melo, without Rose the Bulls are just another team that is overchieving because of the coach, the Spurs are the Spurs and the Heat is the Heat.

Last year after the playoffs I felt the Sixers and Pacers where to up and coming team, while I was clearly incredibly wrong about the Sixers, I may have been right about the Pacers.

edit:

The Lakers I was wrong about, I think they need to sign and trade Dwight to the Nets and try and get what they where offering last offseason. I thought Kobe, Nash, and Dwight would work in the playoffs.

MonroeFAN
05-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Steph Curry impressed, Carmello looked like crap.

eso
05-15-2013, 08:12 AM

Well they should trade him and Boozer to the Lakers for Pau and Metta

jam
05-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I used to have the utmost respect for thibs, but with his players acting like thugs and goons and with noah acting like a frikkin' five year old, that's no longer the case. Thibs moaning about the officiating doesn't help either.

I know the man wants to win, but this low class thuggery and childish whining have been a total embarrassment.

kmo429
05-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Melo and Smith are not postseason clutch, sadly.

SouthSideRookie
05-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Golden State

I started watching Steph Curry highlights this year but finally watched the team play in the playoffs. Once Biedrins and RJ's contracts are gone this team is going to own the west.

LOL Both Westbrook and Durant are not only younger than Curry but also better than anyone on GS.