PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Injury Woes: result of overplay or terrible luck?

kjoke
05-13-2013, 10:38 PM
What do you think?

HYFR
05-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Mixture of both. Can't really blame thibs for the injuries

arkanian215
05-13-2013, 10:53 PM

4milesperday
05-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Everyone that live in Chicago are usually sick during April/may. Look at all Jordan's sicknesses...something with their weather this time of year. Thibs have nothing to do with it...if you're getting 50k + per game played you might as well work for the money.

TopsyTurvy
05-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Any accountability I would assign to Thibs (not much) I transfer to the front office. Remember that all he had was this "limited roster" to begin with - the Bulls SLASHED salary this past off season.

Blitzbolt
05-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Thibs you give your Scrubs playing time in the regular season even if it means you drop a few.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Tearing an ACL and being as sick as Deng is has nothing to do with being overused.

smith&wesson
05-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Well they been short handed all season and even last season ... So naturally the other players have to log more minutes which can cause more injuries leaving your team even more short handed.

WHODAT8o8
05-14-2013, 12:00 AM
He doesnt force someone to play 48 mins a game. I feel if their body really cant handle it, theyd tell thibs give me a breather.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-14-2013, 03:08 AM
They be try in' be the Knickz and see wat hapen

JasonJohnHorn
05-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Well the more you use anything, the more it gets worn down, but at the same time, over the last twenty years, especially with the success of coaches like Pop who really tries to moderate the minutes of his starters, it has been a trend to see that teams don't play their starters as much as they used to get played back in the day. VDN gave his best players less than 36-minutes per, Pop does, Doc as well, and these teams tend to do well, but we've also seen injures plague these teams. Teams like 'Antoni's Suns and Flip Saudners' Pistons played heavy minutes and didnt get injuries, or at least no much of them, but still didnt go all the way.

A coach has certain tools and he's got to make the most of them. The bulls let Asik go, who helped to make them deep, and they didnt replace him with an equally talented player, coupled with the fact that Rose is out. But the injuries that have guys out right now aren't related to minutes. Deng has the flu, and Rose has been out all season. He hasn't played a minute. So here, it is a non-issue.

Back in the day teams used to have guys play way more minutes. When the Lakers won in 72, West and 3 other starters all averaged MORE than 37 minutes a game (three averaged over 38). That is unheard of in the league today, but these guys didnt get injuries like guys do today, or perhaps no more. Wilt was 35 and averaging 42 minutes a game!

Increased minutes increase your odds of injury, yes, but this isn't something you can blame on anybody, and proper conditioning can greatly reduce the risk of injury.

ManRam
05-14-2013, 06:39 PM
probably both. hard to blame overuse on deng and rose (perhaps a case, but no one can prove that) though. the rest? maybe. but luckily those ones aren't super serious.

i don't think you can crucify thibs for this. he put them in the best position to win this year, however unrealistic that was (a first round win means a good deal). he isn't jeopardizing the future. hopefully the front office brings in a little more depth this off season. the FO is as much to blame as the coach if we're assigning blame for things we can't prove.

CubsBullsBucs
05-14-2013, 11:49 PM
noah's injury: thibs
rose's injury: mix
deng's injury: bad luck
hinrich's injury: thibs

* i still think rose should have been out of the game when he tore his ACL. we were up by like 8 or 9 with a minute left. that was a mixture of both to me. rose should have came out, but i can see why you would leave him in

BULLSFAN0810
05-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Thibs you give your Scrubs playing time in the regular season even if it means you drop a few.
Exactly what I was saying. He played Nate too late, didn't play Teague until game 1 . basically the whole team outside of the usual starters, and kirk. He doesn't play Taj enough even though Taj outplayed Boozer... I blame Thibs.