PDA

View Full Version : Rose should he play tonight

mgsports
05-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I say Yes even if it's off the Bench. Also Deng should come off the Bench to.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah he should, That little punk cost the Bulls a chance to beat the Heat. I love Drose, but I'm pretty mad at the guy for not even trying.

Snakeyestx
05-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I've been preaching he plays 5 minutes a night since there was 10 games left in the regular season. Now that he let that opportunity to work on muscle memory slip by, and couple that with today's article that he's out for the Heat/Bulls series - it's obvious that it means that he's not playing this season at all knowing full-well that the Bulls will not advance past this round.

D1JM
05-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah he should, That little punk cost the Bulls a chance to beat the Heat. I love Drose, but I'm pretty mad at the guy for not even trying.

what if he came back and re-injued himself?

effen5
05-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Dengs done for the series and so is Kirk. Rose should just sit the rest of the year.

D1JM
05-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I say Yes even if it's off the Bench. Also Deng should come off the Bench to.

deng lost over 15 pounds. he's been through a lot.

Snakeyestx
05-13-2013, 02:11 PM

That would speak volumes about his actual longevity and durability if that were the case.

sixers247
05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
None of them should play. I think even if they did they wouldn;t be at their best and would probably hurt the chemistry the bulls have going right now.

D1JM
05-13-2013, 02:16 PM
That would speak volumes about his actual longevity and durability if that were the case.

just because he got cleared to play, doesn't mean he feels good. every acl injury is different. how many people are cleared to go back to work and still feel pain with their injury or get re-injured? a lot.

there is a reason why he hasn't came back. he wants to make sure he doesn't become another Roy. i dont blame him

yaswaggin
05-13-2013, 02:18 PM
theres really no point in rose coming back

1. he'll be so rusty

2. if he came back, it should have been after the all-star break to give him months to get right mentally before the playoffs

3. even if the bulls win game 4, they'd still lose this series because their roster is depleted.

4. if rose re-injures himself, he'll be scarred for life in fear of cutting to the basket

Cal827
05-13-2013, 02:18 PM
I feel really, really bad for Deng. All he wants to do is help this team, and he gets sick. I hope he returns next year at full force. Ditto for Noah, he's playing his heart out.

As for Rose, I don't think he should play until next season, but I said that before. I don't get why the Bulls cleared him to play if he wasn't actually ready to... For his sake, I wish they could've kept it under wraps. Might as well sit out; even if he was out there, Miami would take them out. Consider how the team would change around with him on the team.

yaswaggin
05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
just because he got cleared to play, doesn't mean he feels good. every acl injury is different. how many people are cleared to go back to work and still feel pain with their injury or get re-injured? a lot.

there is a reason why he hasn't came back. he wants to make sure he doesn't become another Roy. i dont blame him

roy's situation is COMPLETELY different. He lost all the cartilidge in his knee, while rose only tore his ACL. Yes a torn ACl is very bad, but having no cartilidge in your knee is MUCH worse.

MTL_123
05-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Softest player in the league

yaswaggin
05-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Softest player in the league

actually that would be spencer hawes

also lebron seemed pretty soft in game 3 when he scared to take it to the hole

pacofunk64
05-13-2013, 02:28 PM
At this point he should not come back. It should have been a month ago if anything. He would be too rusty for one so in all honesty he probably wouldn't give us the best chance to win right now. I guess if it was off the bench for 15 minutes then I'd be ok with that. But even with Rose we would not win this series...now if we could get Rose, Deng & Captain Kirk then **** ya.

sep11ie
05-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Well, sense you say they should then I guess they should.

yaswaggin
05-13-2013, 02:33 PM
also i think rose's taste in suits is pretty damn good

he's keeping it simple

bowieinspace
05-13-2013, 02:35 PM
MTL_123... Why are you bringing up Bosh?

http://youtu.be/pKc7H9Mp_xs

Pistol_Pete
05-13-2013, 02:36 PM
No. The Bulls weren't going to beat the Heat this season anyway. Not without a healthy Rose on the team. They have injuries and Rose hasn't played a game with them in a year. Throwing him in this series isn't going to help them win. Sure, you can't think that way if you're Chicago, but look at all the other nagging injuries. Try to win as you are not and keep him healthy.

nyballa1991
05-13-2013, 02:46 PM

That sig is funny as hell

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 02:47 PM

He's had plenty of time bro. Would you rather not have him on the court? be honest.

rhd420
05-13-2013, 02:48 PM
STOP it already with the Rose coming back game ... or ...

How many fans would NOT be surprised if he's not in the opening day line up next season much less this series
This is more a situation where the organization is permitting a player to decide his return. Why not go ahead and let it play out, the funny part with practice is that there is always a undercurrent where he "can come back" but chances are not. Rose's heart should be questioned ... I'm sorry, you can be injured when deemed "fully healthy" next season, you see a team under staffed and your watching them get beat like game 2, if that doesn't say hey let me give it a shot ... if he is injured, let the Bulls full take responsibility for it and say shut him down, right now Rose is useless now and next season at this pace

2-ONE-5
05-13-2013, 02:49 PM
enough already theres one these threads for every game. he IS NOT playing

LakersIn5
05-13-2013, 02:50 PM

what if he comes back next year and re injured himself? or 2 years from now or 3 years from now? if you get injured you get injured.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-13-2013, 03:01 PM
No, he shouldnt play tonight. He should have came back, if he was actually ready, much sooner than tonight but it is a moot point now. The ONLY scenario I see Rose having to play at this point would be the very unlikely scenario in which the Bulls win games 4 and 5. If the bulls were to somehow go up 3-2 coming back to chicago, he would need to play, even if it was for 5 minutes just to get the crowd going and give the team a huge emotional boost.

JordansBulls
05-13-2013, 03:03 PM
It's pointless now because Bulls still need to win again in Miami which won't happen. If Rose was going to come back, game 3 was the game.

BKLYNpigeon
05-13-2013, 03:05 PM
NO, not worth the risk.

Slug3
05-13-2013, 03:10 PM
At this point if he was to come back and re injure himself it wont be because he hasnt healed. At this point it is mental and that is all him to figure that out. He could see how chippy and physical this series is going and not want to join in on that.

But really all that is left is for him to figure it out in his head.

Snakeyestx
05-13-2013, 03:35 PM
NO, not worth the risk.

What risk? As others have already pointed out... he is nothing like Brandon Roy ... Roy has a degenerative knee condition - not to mention Roy tried to do everything in his power to come back and play the game he loves.

Look, I know why it's a mental thing... ask anyone who had a broken leg in a contact sport and they'll tell you, it's the complete lack of trust in the bone, or in Rose's case, the ligaments. There's only one thing that'll bring back that confidence, and that's floor-time. You can practice all you want, you can full contact practice all you want, but until it actually counts towards your stats, you're not giving it your all on the floor.

He's got to have the most understanding teammates in history to be able to continue to be themselves - the walking wounded, potentially shortening their own careers just so they can turn a blind eye to someone who's been medically cleared for 3 months now. See ya in da club!

Slug3
05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
What risk? As others have already pointed out... he is nothing like Brandon Roy ... Roy has a degenerative knee condition - not to mention Roy tried to do everything in his power to come back and play the game he loves.

Look, I know why it's a mental thing... ask anyone who had a broken leg in a contact sport and they'll tell you, it's the complete lack of trust in the bone, or in Rose's case, the ligaments. There's only one thing that'll bring back that confidence, and that's floor-time. You can practice all you want, you can full contact practice all you want, but until it actually counts towards your stats, you're not giving it your all on the floor.

He's got to have the most understanding teammates in history to be able to continue to be themselves - the walking wounded, potentially shortening their own careers just so they can turn a blind eye to someone who's been medically cleared for 3 months now. See ya in da club!

you hear it all the time, they had to get that first contact and see everything was fine to let them know everything is fine. He cant do that in practice.

mgsports
05-13-2013, 03:46 PM
He could be the third PG just in case Robinson or Teague gets Injured or in Fowl trouble and also Hamilton needs to play.

Snakeyestx
05-13-2013, 03:52 PM
He could be the third PG just in case Robinson or Teague gets Injured or in Fowl trouble and also Hamilton needs to play.

"Fowl" trouble? This team has NO issues being chicken... they're about as tough and gritty as they come. :p

KnickaBocka.44
05-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Rose should have come back before the playoffs but at this point, there's no point.

Iron24th
05-13-2013, 03:57 PM
If Rose doesn't feel it, he might not even help them on the court, I think it's better for him to wait next season.

monzternipz12
05-13-2013, 04:06 PM
"Fowl" trouble? This team has NO issues being chicken... they're about as tough and gritty as they come. :p

lmfao

Vinny642
05-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Smh at how this thread was constructed

MTL_123
05-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Half his team is fighting through injuries yet he wont play because his MUSCLE MEMORY isnt back smh. Rose is the softest player in the league

TheLegend
05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
No. The Bulls weren't going to beat the Heat this season anyway. Not without a healthy Rose on the team. They have injuries and Rose hasn't played a game with them in a year. Throwing him in this series isn't going to help them win. Sure, you can't think that way if you're Chicago, but look at all the other nagging injuries. Try to win as you are not and keep him healthy.

Beating the heat isn't the point, it's about completing the rehab Which is playing in games. If that's the attitude then he might as well sit next year to.

The problem I have with Rose is not sitting out, but simply saying he was done when he had the opportunity. It's been nothing but excuses every week with him when all he had to do was say he was done this year.

mjt20mik
05-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Pointless to comeback now.

Snakeyestx
05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Pointless to comeback ever, since Nate Robinson can handle the job.

FTFY.. OOH! I went there! :p

Laidback_Scrapp
05-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Should've been came back doesn't really make a difference now. I do believe if he was asked to give it a go he would. The whole situation doesn't make any sense

utl768
05-13-2013, 08:52 PM
he should but he has already decided to quit on the team so i cant see him reconsidering

LJEATON26
05-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Rose is the exact opposite of Allen iverson. Where iverson ranted about who cares about practice if I do good in games, rose has turned into an all nba practice player who doesn't play in games.

6cadi6
05-13-2013, 10:06 PM
:laugh2: D-Rose is just scared, that's all.

king4day
05-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Closing since the game is over and....here's the shocker....it's become another Rose bashing thread.