PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is the best point guard in the NBA

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 01:58 PM
He's better than Curry, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, Irving and even Chris Paul.

He's starting to get healthy now again too. It seems like every single game Parker delivers a WOW moment. His drives to the rim are simply unstoppable. He can finish or dish.

His fundamentals are flawless and the thing is no matter how much hype he doesn't receive he just always outclasses the opposing point guard.

Maybe not every night, but his consistency from night to night is unmatched.

Kashmir13579
05-11-2013, 02:00 PM
No. He has a great argument for top three though.

waveycrockett
05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
He is the best PG in the NBA atm because the better ones are all out of the playoffs.

hugepatsfan
05-11-2013, 02:07 PM

He's starting to get healthy now again too. It seems like every single game Parker delivers a WOW moment. His drives to the rim are simply unstoppable. He can finish or dish.

His fundamentals are flawless and the thing is no matter how much hype he doesn't receive he just always outclasses the opposing point guard.

What?

Avenged
05-11-2013, 02:11 PM
so where is your proof.

macc
05-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I've always thought he was underrated on here. I wouldn't say he's the best but I def think he's in the discussion. I mean the guy is a proven winner. He has titles, he can score, dish, dribble....ect. He's a PG with no weaknesses. If he's not the best then he's right there.

I know people say Paul is the best and he prob is but seriously, would you say the Spurs supporting cast is better then the Clippers? Parker is leading his team with a 70% Ginobli and a post prime Duncan. I'm suprised the guy doesn't get more praise then he does.

lol, please
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
:yawn:

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I've always thought he was underrated on here. I wouldn't say he's the best but I def think he's in the discussion. I mean the guy is a proven winner. He has titles, he can score, dish, dribble....ect. He's a PG with no weaknesses. If he's not the best then he's right there.

I know people say Paul is the best and he prob is but seriously, would you say the Spurs supporting cast is better then the Clippers? Parker is leading his team with a 70% Ginobli and a post prime Duncan. I'm suprised the guy doesn't get more praise then he does.

Exactly. Tony Parker is 30 years old. And he has BY FAR the best resume of any active point guard in the league. He's the reason they look so deadly when they play Spurs basketball. It's not like Duncan is giving you 40 minutes of MVP ball anymore.

sportsfan222
05-11-2013, 02:34 PM
parker is extremely underrated, and is deff up there, but id take rose over parker.

rose can do things as a player that no pg can do with his explosiveness, his great footwork, his passing skills, rose is the whole package.

although parker was deff the best pg in this years nba playoffs. yes, hes better than paul.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
He and Paul, until Parker got hurt, were by far and away the 2 best PG's this season. But I still have Paul ahead of him.

BklynKnicks3
05-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I have tough time putting him in my top 5

cp3/rose/curry/kyrie/dwill/rondo all better can u imagine if they had duncan smh

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 02:37 PM
He is the best PG in the NBA atm because the better ones are all out of the playoffs.

pretty much, though outside Paul, I don't think a case can be made for any other PG

THE GIPPER
05-11-2013, 02:44 PM

I actually Lol'd when I read this.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 02:45 PM

cp3/rose/curry/kyrie/dwill/rondo all better can u imagine if they had duncan smh

there is no way on earth you can make a case for Deron, Kyrie, Curry, or Rondo.

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 02:46 PM
I actually Lol'd when I read this.

Yeah. Parker only makes 52% of his shots because he's inconsistent.

KnickaBocka.44
05-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Exactly. Tony Parker is 30 years old. And he has BY FAR the best resume of any active point guard in the league. He's the reason they look so deadly when they play Spurs basketball. It's not like Duncan is giving you 40 minutes of MVP ball anymore.

Championships are team accomplishments. Outside of those and his one finals MVP, what is so impressive about his resume?

And don't get me wrong, I like and respect Parker a lot, but to say he is the best PG in the NBA when he plays for the best coach in the NBA and with possibly the greatest PF of all time.

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 02:53 PM
My top PG's go 1. Paul 2, Westbrook 3 Parker 4 D. Will 5 Curry

Chronz
05-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I suppose he has an argument as good as any but his last few playoff runs have been iffy.

THE GIPPER
05-11-2013, 02:54 PM
double

THE GIPPER
05-11-2013, 02:55 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24087323.jpg

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 02:57 PM
So what do you want Parker to do that he is not already doing? Duncan has gotten older and nobody ages well at 6'11". They don't have anybody else that can create their own shot besides Ginobili and he's been ineffective and injured a lot.

This team lives and dies off of Tony Parker drives.

tredigs
05-11-2013, 02:59 PM
"No way on earth" is a bit of a stretch. I have Curry and Parker on the same level at this point.

He was laughing at your "60% of the time it works EVERY time" logic you've got going on.

Parker's obviously very good an a highly efficient scorer, but that FG% is inflated relative to most point guards due to him rarely taking a 3pt shot. Curry's eFG% (takes into account how many 3's you're taking) is higher than Parkers.

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 03:13 PM
"No way on earth" is a bit of a stretch. I have Curry and Parker on the same level at this point.

He was laughing at your "60% of the time it works EVERY time" logic you've got going on.

Parker's obviously very good an a highly efficient scorer, but that FG% is inflated relative to most point guards due to him rarely taking a 3pt shot. Curry's eFG% (takes into account how many 3's you're taking) is higher than Parkers.

No shitt. Why do you think defenses try and protect the paint? If you can drive, drive.

rocket
05-11-2013, 03:16 PM
What?

Irony

tredigs
05-11-2013, 03:24 PM
No shitt. Why do you think defenses try and protect the paint? If you can drive, drive.

Yes obviously, but the paint is easy to protect when you have two 7 footers who know how to play D. Better question for you is, why do you think Curry is thrown so many double teams 30 feet away from the basket? Trust me, they want the Warriors to drive. Hence the 2nd part of my comment - telling you that Curry's a more efficient scorer than TP due to his outside shooting. Because, you know, 3 points is more than 2 and all.

RLundi
05-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Of course you do.

The gap has closed some but Parker is still a better player than Curry. Steph has a higher eFG%, well yeah, that's because he's a better shooter from anywhere on the floor; doesn't mean he's a better player. Parker plays to his strengths (like he's supposed to).

A lot of the numbers are VERY close but when it comes down to it, Parker does his job a little better: lower turnover percentage, higher assist rate and better WS/48min.

Parker is still the better player.

tredigs
05-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Of course you do.

The gap has closed some but Parker is still a better player than Curry. Steph has a higher eFG%, well yeah, that's because he's a better shooter from anywhere on the floor; doesn't mean he's a better player. Parker plays to his strengths (like he's supposed to).

A lot of the numbers are VERY close but when it comes down to it, Parker does his job a little better: lower turnover percentage, higher assist rate and better WS/48min.

Parker is still the better player.
I just realized this when you wrote your comment, but Assist% is shortsited in the same way FG% is relative to eFG%. Parker needs to convert 3/6 passes to Duncan (for makes) to equal the impact of 2/6 passes of Curry to Klay, for example. Not even speaking to these two in particular, but I'd like to see that stat revamped to take account for who they're passing to (if it hasn't already... probably has). eAST%, if ya will.

Turnover% was 13 to 13.7 for Curry (something he improved on drastically this year), Cp3 was at 13.6. Westbrook 14.7. Not much to see there.

Curry's the better scorer and from eye test imo the better playmaker as well, I think TP benefits greatly from the system he is in (coach that they have) and the players he's gone through his career with in that regard.

Frankly I think both are great, and TP may still have the slight edge, but it's not noticeable. Curry made the leap around January once he was fully recovered from surgery and hasn't looked back.

xxplayerxx23
05-11-2013, 03:45 PM

There is no chance for everybody besides Paul westy a healthy rosť and MAYBE curry

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 03:47 PM
lets wait till curry makes noise in the playoffs first before we compare him to parker.

xxplayerxx23
05-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I think curry this year closed the gap between him and Parker but Parker is the better player as of right now

xxplayerxx23
05-11-2013, 03:49 PM
lets wait till curry makes noise in the playoffs first before we compare him to parker.

I think he's made some noise already

tredigs
05-11-2013, 03:50 PM

Definitely. He's been whisper quiet so far in his first run (the one you're supposed to be fearful in), super disappointing. 25/9/4 on efficiency? This kid needs to WAKE UP and help his team!

(Que: Let's see it in the finals!)

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 03:51 PM
I think he's made some noise already

Down 2-1 in the Western Conference Semifinals is not noise. Isn't this his first year even making the playoffs anyways?

tredigs
05-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Down 2-1 in the Western Conference Semifinals is not noise. Isn't this his first year even making the playoffs anyways?

When Barkley's on TNT calling you the best player in the playoffs by far (I disagree), Bill Simmons is putting you at #3 behind KD and Lebron on his annual "most untradeable players" list, Sports Illustrated has you on their cover this week, and you are leading a team that had no business getting out of the first round (especially after their All Star PF went down in game 1) over a team many projected to reach the WCF, yeah - you're making noise. Just listen to Oracle when he starts hitting, there's your definition of noise.

Curry's leading a team whose 2nd best player right now is probably a 17 ppg shooting guard who finished the year with a PER of 12.7. 9 games deep this is already up there with one of the runs people will remember 5-10 years from now with clarity. I still give them a very decent chance of beating San Antonio as well. Underdogs as they were when the series started, but it's not over by any means. Unless Curry can't play of course - then we're ****ed and lose by 40.

tredigs
05-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Trinidad typing to you keeps making me think of this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEVCl76YMAY

Sorry.

COOLbeans
05-11-2013, 04:13 PM
He's a very good player but I'm taking Paul, Curry, healthy Rose, Weatbrook and Rondo over him. Then Parker..

Blitzbolt
05-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Cp3 is the best and I know he is out right now but the guy is unreal he is a top3 player in the NBA.

Parker has seen it all Olympics winning for years with Duncan ect....He is the best vet point guard left in the playoffs right now.

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 04:31 PM
It's all about winning and Parker's in with 3 Ships and 1 MVP.

SwatTeam
05-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Nah man, I'd take Bob Cousy over him any day because he's a true American. Fukk your french fries!

edit: I'm sorry but trolling is so much fun some times.

COOLbeans
05-11-2013, 04:39 PM

I think Duncan had a lot to do with that. Can't take anything away from Parker though, he's a great player, but he's not a top 3 PG in the league right now.

All of those other pgs mentioned would have those same accolades (if not more) if they played on the Spurs over the past decade.

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I think Duncan had a lot to do with that. Can't take anything away from Parker though, he's a great player, but he's not a top 3 PG in the league right now.

All of those other pgs mentioned would have those same accolades (if not more) if they played on the Spurs over the past decade.

Prior to Parker getting injured, he was in the talks for MVP. He's easily a top 3 PG, and probably #2 behind Paul.

And, your 2nd sentence is based off opinion, there's no way of knowing that .

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-11-2013, 04:44 PM
He and Paul, until Parker got hurt, were by far and away the 2 best PG's this season. But I still have Paul ahead of him.

Yup. I would probably put a fully healthy Rose ahead of Parker as well, but other than those two I don't think anyone else is better than him.

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 04:45 PM
What does Paul do that makes him (the only PG many consider better) than Parker?

sf-fanatic
05-11-2013, 04:45 PM

Robert Horry > Tony Parker

because 7 rings > 3 rings

I'd take Horry on the Warriors now over Parker because it's all about winning.

UKBronco58
05-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Paul is the best PG. Undoubtedly.
Then I have Parker and Rose and Westbrook in no order afterwards.

Then the rest.

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 04:48 PM
There is a ton of salty Golden State fans posting in this thread.

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 04:49 PM
What does Paul do that makes him (the only PG many consider better) than Parker?

Although Parker has improved a great deal, Paul is still the superior defender.

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 04:50 PM

Widely agreed this is true. Although I remember when Parker held Paul to 4 points in 3 quarters then Parker was pulled in the blowout. Meanwhile, Parker went off.

tredigs
05-11-2013, 04:53 PM

and rebounder, and playmaker. Scoring is iffy because I think Paul is better when he has to be, but I prefer Parker's aggressiveness over him.

I don't even want to think about the damage Paul would do if his career consisted of playing with a prime Duncan and Manu along with Pop as his coach.

The GS fans are not salty Trinidad, you just make consistently embarrassing arguments (though the premise are fine) and we enjoy pounding you.

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
If Chris Paul had prime Duncan, Ginobili and Pop then his game wouldn't be the same. Firstly, the offense WOULD run through prime Duncan. You'd be foolish to think not. Therefore Paul wouldn't dominate the ball as much.

Also as Duncan and Ginobili got old Paul would become the team's best player. Like Parker has become now. The system would be different because Pop would design it around his best player which would be Paul. Parker is more of a scoring PG and Paul more of a facilitator. We can't say for sure how Paul would look in the Spurs system because the system would be different.

xxplayerxx23
05-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Definitely. He's been whisper quiet so far in his first run (the one you're supposed to be fearful in), super disappointing. 25/9/4 on efficiency? This kid needs to WAKE UP and help his team!

(Que: Let's see it in the finals!)

The balls on curry to put those numbers up an show up to work

LOOTERX9
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
parker is excellent. but his city and organization is just too boring for most fans to be interested in. Parker himself can be pretty entertaining at times but the overall package in san antonio is too boring. So I say he is not the best PG in the NBA. There are others just as skilled who are more fun to watch play than Parker is

xxplayerxx23
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
There is no case what ever for Parker over paul

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 05:17 PM

let Curry show it for a while longer first. Obviously if we are asking the question, who would you want over the next 5 years, this becomes a different topic, but for now, and this year, Parker was better.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-11-2013, 05:19 PM
parker is excellent. but his city and organization is just too boring for most fans to be interested in. Parker himself can be pretty entertaining at times but the overall package in san antonio is too boring. So I say he is not the best PG in the NBA. There are others just as skilled who are more fun to watch play than Parker is

I agree that Parker's not the best PG, but your reason is pretty absurd. And how do you find the Spurs boring?

And I agree with Hawk, let's wait a little to put Curry up there with the big boys. I have him and Irving interchangeable at 5.

TylerSL
05-11-2013, 05:20 PM
If Chris Paul had prime Duncan, Ginobili and Pop then his game wouldn't be the same. Firstly, the offense WOULD run through prime Duncan. You'd be foolish to think not. Therefore Paul wouldn't dominate the ball as much.

Also as Duncan and Ginobili got old Paul would become the team's best player. Like Parker has become now. The system would be different because Pop would design it around his best player which would be Paul. Parker is more of a scoring PG and Paul more of a facilitator. We can't say for sure how Paul would look in the Spurs system because the system would be different.

So true. You can't just plug a similar player into someone else's career and say, "Well, he'd do just as good" because all players have different skill sets which may or may not work well in different systems and they have different mindsets which could cause them to clash with different players/coaches. It's just silly to play the what if game.

And where is this disrespect for Parker coming from? Barely a top 5 PG now? Come on people. He's at least #2, and IMO #1. I think he and Paul are pretty much equal, but I prefer his play style over Paul's. This talk about Curry over Parker is just silly and is a result of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately syndrome. Does anyone even remember that Parker was probably the only player who could have legitimately taken MVP votes from Lebron before he got injured (Melo's vote was a ******** pick by some Knicks homer. I'm sure).

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 05:20 PM
How is Curry with the Paul's and Parker's yet? His team is much better on defense without him, and he has a ways to go as far as distribution is concerned, or running an offense. While I agree this season was arguably one of the best shooting seasons ever, can he possibly do that year in and year out?

TylerSL
05-11-2013, 05:21 PM

Have you even ever watched a Spurs game? From your comment I would say no. GTFO of the thread because you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 05:22 PM
and rebounder, and playmaker. Scoring is iffy because I think Paul is better when he has to be, but I prefer Parker's aggressiveness over him.

I don't even want to think about the damage Paul would do if his career consisted of playing with a prime Duncan and Manu along with Pop as his coach.

The GS fans are not salty Trinidad, you just make consistently embarrassing arguments (though the premise are fine) and we enjoy pounding you.

Their rebounding numbers weren't too different this year, but he has the slight edge. Play making, well Paul's role is different than Parker's. Paul has to do a lot on the fly cause frankly there no real system in place in LA. But Parker gets his guys so many open shots with his ability to get to the basket, and with his much improved mid-range shot.

& There's no guarantees he (Paul) has the same success in SA. Personality and chemistry also need to be considered. Pop runs that team, and has no problem lashing out at anyone. Not everyone is mentally able to tolerate that.

blastmasta26
05-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Parker is great, but Paul is better. Superior in efficiency, talent, and versatility.

tredigs
05-11-2013, 06:23 PM
How is Curry with the Paul's and Parker's yet? His team is much better on defense without him, and he has a ways to go as far as distribution is concerned, or running an offense. While I agree this season was arguably one of the best shooting seasons ever, can he possibly do that year in and year out?

Defense and playmaking both made big time strides this year, I'd say he's actually a pretty phenomenal playmaker given how much attention is thrown at him. Jarret Jack is playing a bit of a Monta role in GS right now (much to all of the fans shagrin) and takes a lot of time on the ball that Curry should have (without him 10 apg is easily possible). Look at his dribbling, ball fakes and off handed driving looks to the open teammate of whoever collapses on him. No defense ever seems to know where he's going or how to stop it. Which is why they just attempt to double him 30 feet out as much as possible.

He's been breaking shooting records since his freshman year at Davidson (where he broke the all time NCAA record for 3's by a rookie - breaking the record for any grade the following year), this wasn't a fluke by any means; 2nd highest career 3pt and FT%. The guy is married with kids and older than Durant. People like to think of him as some kid, but he's proven. He just happened to improve his game even more this year after falling off the radar due to injury (and team tanking) last season.

I'd be surprised if in Parker's entire career he received as much attention from opposing defenses as Curry's been given in the last 2 series, and he's still crushing them like he's been doing since January. Only thing that will stop him is his ankles.

justinnum1
05-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Except he is not.

More-Than-Most
05-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Rip cp3

b@llhog24
05-11-2013, 06:58 PM
If you're saying that the Spurs system would be different with Paul instead of Parker. Well no **** Sherlock. However different doesn't means inferior.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Defense and playmaking both made big time strides this year, I'd say he's actually a pretty phenomenal playmaker given how much attention is thrown at him. Jarret Jack is playing a bit of a Monta role in GS right now (much to all of the fans shagrin) and takes a lot of time on the ball that Curry should have (without him 10 apg is easily possible). Look at his dribbling, ball fakes and off handed driving looks to the open teammate of whoever collapses on him. No defense ever seems to know where he's going or how to stop it. Which is why they just attempt to double him 30 feet out as much as possible.

He's been breaking shooting records since his freshman year at Davidson (where he broke the all time NCAA record for 3's by a rookie - breaking the record for any grade the following year), this wasn't a fluke by any means; 2nd highest career 3pt and FT%. The guy is married with kids and older than Durant. People like to think of him as some kid, but he's proven. He just happened to improve his game even more this year after falling off the radar due to injury (and team tanking) last season.

I'd be surprised if in Parker's entire career he received as much attention from opposing defenses as Curry's been given in the last 2 series, and he's still crushing them like he's been doing since January. Only thing that will stop him is his ankles.

Just because his defense made strides doesn't mean he is a plus on that end. And I have heard it for years, Parker is a system player (not saying you are saying that), and that he hasn't received the attention. But much of that is not true. Duncan was in a regression, and Ginoboli as well the last 4-5 years, and Parker was the main offensive weapon. His ability to score in the paint, run the offense, play in big games, his defense, and length of time in which he has been doing it make him the better player right now. The sky is the limit for Curry if healthy, but he isn't with him yet.

And statistically, Parker was with Paul, and Paul alone this season. Curry has a little ways to go, and to put some more games behind him before I put him alongside Parker.

Guppyfighter
05-11-2013, 07:05 PM

Except Jack actually scores efficiently and is good in iso situations.

Guppyfighter
05-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Just because his defense made strides doesn't mean he is a plus on that end. And I have heard it for years, Parker is a system player (not saying you are saying that), and that he hasn't received the attention. But much of that is not true. Duncan was in a regression, and Ginoboli as well the last 4-5 years, and Parker was the main offensive weapon. His ability to score in the paint, run the offense, play in big games, his defense, and length of time in which he has been doing it make him the better player right now. The sky is the limit for Curry if healthy, but he isn't with him yet.

And statistically, Parker was with Paul, and Paul alone this season. Curry has a little ways to go, and to put some more games behind him before I put him alongside Parker.

Curry is statistically a plus defender, Hawkeye.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 07:07 PM
no.

defense matters too. keep that in mind. and remind yourself that he's terrible at it.

edit: i see people have been talking about it. but his defense blows.

Green_Monster
05-11-2013, 07:07 PM

The Spurs have a pretty good supporting cast. Leonard, Splitter, Green, Diaw and Neal are all good role players.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Curry is statistically a plus defender, Hawkeye.

show me. Plus defenders don't give up over league average in PER to their man, and their team isn't 5.6 points per 100 possessions better with them sitting on defense.

What do you synergy numbers look like? My stupid account is not working.

Guppyfighter
05-11-2013, 07:09 PM
no.

defense matters too. keep that in mind. and remind yourself that he's terrible at it.

You are wrong, eye test and stats confirm this.

RAPM is good. And the Warriors are fifth in perimeter defense and allow the fourth least amount of shots at the rim. Curry is a reason why for this. Fights through screns, great lateral movement, knows when to go under or over a screen. Knows when to switch. Flys at the three point shooters in rotations.

Most people who think Curry is bad at defense are going off of reputation. Curry's been a net plus defender and it shows in traditional stats, advanced stats, and with the eye test.

smith&wesson
05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Ya he is up there for sure.. There are soo many pg's in the nba though.. Rose healthy, Paul, westy some nights even, and Parker stand out

tredigs
05-11-2013, 07:19 PM

It actually is a plus on that end, at least according to DRAPM (the best measure I know statistically for D) until they took down this years stats, meanwhile Parker's was slightly negative as usual.

Whole year, I would disagree that Parker was in another class - he was slightly ahead. From Jan. 1 on - Curry was the best. Including Paul.

Except Jack actually scores efficiently and is good in iso situations.
Which is what misleads so many into thinking he is a productive player. His whole game is one big iso-situation, and it rarely if ever results in the teams best shot. More often than not it's 20 seconds of him dribbling, everybody else watching this, and him pulling up for a deep 2 fade. He was actually much more effective in an offense that features D. Lee and more pick and pops - but he's a cancer with this offense as it's currently constructed (which is a better offense). He's also a poor defender, which doesn't help when you're guarding 2's.

sep11ie
05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Boring

DumDum
05-11-2013, 07:40 PM
waiter I'll have whatever he's having

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 07:45 PM
If you're saying that the Spurs system would be different with Paul instead of Parker. Well no **** Sherlock. However different doesn't means inferior.

So does that mean Paul has more success than Parker does hypothetically? (If you are in fact saying this towards me since I said something along those lines)

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 07:46 PM
no.

If you're talking about Parker, I think you're living in the past a little (only cause I know you've dogged him about it this year several times).... His defense has been much better over the past 2 years.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
If you're talking about Parker, I think you're living in the past a little (only cause I know you've dogged him about it this year several times).... His defense has been much better over the past 2 years.

but it's really not. it's still a huge liability. at least enough so to make CP3 the obviously superior player.

i would take him over curry, though.

Jarvo
05-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Rondo
Parker
CP3
Rose/ Westy

xxplayerxx23
05-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Rondo
Parker
CP3
Rose/ Westy

Cp3
Rosť
Parker
Westy
Curry
Deron
Irving
Rondo
I agree

Jarvo
Only reason Parker isnt in the convo about best PG's today because Spurs are the "Boring" team in The NBA smh.

NYKalltheway
funny, coz he's not even the best European point guard :) (and I'm not talking about freaking Calderon or Rubio)

Jarvo
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Cp3
Rosť
Parker
Westy
Curry
Deron
Irving
Rondo
I agree

To each his own by Rondo is better than Dwill, Kyrie & Curry

Guppyfighter
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
funny, coz he's not even the best European point guard :) (and I'm not talking about freaking Calderon or Rubio)

This is why people think Knick fans are annoying. Stop trying to turn this conversation to a back up PG on the Knicks.

ThaDubs
05-11-2013, 08:04 PM
parker is extremely underrated, and is deff up there, but id take rose over parker.

rose can do things as a player that no pg can do with his explosiveness, his great footwork, his passing skills, rose is the whole package.

although parker was deff the best pg in this years nba playoffs. yes, hes better than paul.

No way he's been better than Curry in the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
05-11-2013, 08:04 PM

Eh. I'm not a big rondo fan.. It's close between those 4 PGs. I have a man crush on kyrie and an a big curry fan so I may be biased on them haha

tredigs
05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Only reason Parker isnt in the convo about best PG's today because Spurs are the "Boring" team in The NBA smh.

Says nobody.

Parker's widely considered a top 3 PG in the NBA right now. Some have him #1, some have him #3 or possibly 4. But even in this age of elite points, he is considered among the very best. Don't turn this into a woe is me because he's a Spur thing.

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 08:06 PM
but it's really not. it's still a huge liability. at least enough so to make CP3 the obviously superior player.

i would take him over curry, though.

It really is though... It's no longer a huge liability... I said CP3 was the better defender, but what you're saying is a bit of a stretch.

I have to do some research and find more ways to prove the point, but here's 1 thing:

Opposing players register a 13.3 PER (15.0 is average) with a 43.5 effective field-goal percentage while matched up against Parker, according to 82games.com. For comparison’s sake, Memphis guard Tony Allen, , holds his opponents to a 13.6 PER on 51.6 eFG.

Now obviously this doesn't mean he's a better defender than Allen, cause Allen defends the greatest players night in and night out. But he's no longer a huge liability like you're claiming he is.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 08:08 PM
It really is though... It's no longer a huge liability... I said CP3 was the better defender, but what you're saying is a bit of a stretch.

I have to do some research and find more ways to prove the point, but here's 1 thing:

Now obviously this doesn't mean he's a better defender than Allen, cause Allen defends the greatest players night in and night out. But he's no longer a huge liability like you're claiming he is.

take a gander at some synergy stats. i'll post them later when i'm able to. but they don't paint a good picture of him at all defensively.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 08:11 PM

no he isn't. I would take the following over Rondo:

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Rose
Curry
Irving
Deron

I also wouldn't trade Lawson, Wall, Holiday, Conley, or Rubio for him at this point, I think going forward they are more valuable.

I seriously think Rondo is one of the more overrated players in the game.

NYKalltheway
05-11-2013, 08:17 PM
This is why people think Knick fans are annoying. Stop trying to turn this conversation to a back up PG on the Knicks.

Yes, I'm the ordinary Knicks fan from Europe who has a New York attitude and you're the smart person who doesn't know that Argentina is in the Americas.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 08:17 PM
rondo is amazingly talented at a lot of things, but his brand of basketball isn't terribly effective offensively.

we gotta get over this notion that to be a good PG one must struggle to score but be a tremendously (and potentially detrimentally) willing passer.

scoring PGs aren't bad things. get over the silly archaic definitions of what a PG has to be

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm Ok with scoring PG's. I don't like shooting point guards. I prefer those who can drive because then they can dish off of penetration as well.

tredigs
05-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Since I'm not sure some of you have seen Curry play or understanding his playmaking ability, a quick passing primer from this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ot69_XTmE

Trinidad
05-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Since I'm not sure some of you have seen Curry play or understanding his playmaking ability, a quick passing primer from this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ot69_XTmE

He's not as good as Parker. So why is he in this thread? It's about the best PG's in the league. So it's Parker and Paul territory.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 08:47 PM

one of two things my favorite teams PG is better at is passing haha. The shooting part, eek, not so much...

tredigs
05-11-2013, 08:50 PM
He's not as good as Parker. So why is he in this thread? It's about the best PG's in the league. So it's Parker and Paul territory.

Next few games in the series will expose the truth one way or another there. Your trolling is funny though, I'm curious what your old screen name was.

one of two things my favorite teams PG is better at is passing haha. The shooting part, eek, not so much...
No doubt about that. Rubio's actually TOO good at passing for their own good right now. I can't wait for him to get into a system for a few years with players that compliment + fully understand his game.

TylerSL
05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
take a gander at some synergy stats. i'll post them later when i'm able to. but they don't paint a good picture of him at all defensively.

If you're only relying on stats, you lose some major credibility in my book. You can't rely only on stats because they can be interpreted in many different ways. Namely, the way you want to see them. The Spurs are a team I watch a lot. Parker's defense has improved a lot over the last few years. He's about an average defender now. A little bit below it, though.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 09:05 PM
If you're only relying on stats, you lose some major credibility in my book. You can't rely only on stats because they can be interpreted in many different ways. Namely, the way you want to see them. The Spurs are a team I watch a lot. Parker's defense has improved a lot over the last few years. He's about an average defender now. A little bit below it, though.

synergy breaks it down to a level that you can't ignore. i watch plenty of spurs games; they're my favorite WC team.

he could very well be improved...i wouldn't deny that. but he's still not a plus defender. my eye test verifies that (and i love TP, i'm not saying this because i have an agenda...he's probably my second favorite PG in the league) and the stats back it up. that's how i try to go about things; form my own opinion (knowing biases aren't involved) and then seeing what the stats say. the stats, especially some of synergy's stuff, are incredible. they can tell you so damn much. it's awesome.

Guppyfighter
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Eye test confirms Parker being a bad defender and so does what Pop does with him.

Warriors were abusing parker and going to whoever he was guarding almost every game. In game 1 he was put on the guy who can't score at all once Klay fouled out and that's when the warriors stopped scoring.

Warriors have been abusing TP on the defensive side.

Guppyfighter
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Eye test confirms Parker being a bad defender and so does what Pop does with him.

Warriors were abusing parker and going to whoever he was guarding almost every game. In game 1 he was put on the guy who can't score at all once Klay fouled out and that's when the warriors stopped scoring.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Next few games in the series will expose the truth one way or another there. Your trolling is funny though, I'm curious what your old screen name was.

No doubt about that. Rubio's actually TOO good at passing for their own good right now. I can't wait for him to get into a system for a few years with players that compliment + fully understand his game.

If we can re-sign Pekovic, Budinger, and sign an average SG, and stay healthy, I think the Wolves are next years Warriors.

sportsfan222
05-11-2013, 09:15 PM
tony parker is very good, but i still think its a stretch to say best pg in the nba.

i cant wait to bump this thread next season so that all you people who say chris paul is ''without a doubt '' the best pg in the nba, can see what fools you look like when derrick rose returns next season.

and to all the people who say paul is top 3 in nba, shouldnt a top 3 nba player be able to elevate his team to the next level, rather than getting bounced in the 1st round most of the time?

people like to say he does not have enough talent, that is why, i say bs. dont tell me he is great when he leads the clippers to 50 plus wins, but then talent is an issue in the playoffs.

if he is going to be considered top 3 in the nba by most of you guys, he has got to step his playoff performance up big time. i am not even asking him to win a championship yet, or even make it to one yet, how about winning playoff series consistently, that would be a start.

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 09:17 PM

Parker doesn't have the size to defend Barnes, or Thompson so obviously that's not shocking 1 bit... Doesn't make him a bad defender. If Curry was guarding Leonard for example, they'd abuse that exploit/matchup as well. Doesn't make Curry a bad defender either, but Curry doesn't guard TP and vice versa.

Only reason it's not exploited on Curry's side is cause Danny Green is a spot up shooter, he's not someone who will back someone down.

Jets012
05-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Cp3
Rosť
Parker
Westy
Curry
Deron
Irving
Rondo
I agree

This. End of discussion, cuz this is probably the exact order I would put those guys in. Hell, I could probably even throw in Conley or Wall over Rondo. If Kyrie gets better defensively and can stay healthy and lead a team, then he'll definitely move up.

no he isn't. I would take the following over Rondo:

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Rose
Curry
Irving
Deron

I also wouldn't trade Lawson, Wall, Holiday, Conley, or Rubio for him at this point, I think going forward they are more valuable.

I seriously think Rondo is one of the more overrated players in the game.

Oh no doubt. I really don't understand why fans think Rondo is a top 5 PG. It makes no sense to me. Yes he is an unreal passer, but if any of those guys listed above looked to pass as much as he does, they could probably put up just as good assist #s. Those guys don't just pass to pass though, they actually can create for themselves. Unless you put Rondo as 3rd/4th option, you're not winning any games with him.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 09:47 PM
rose is no better or different than westbrook.

:hide:

RLundi
05-11-2013, 09:59 PM
tony parker is very good, but i still think its a stretch to say best pg in the nba.

i cant wait to bump this thread next season so that all you people who say chris paul is ''without a doubt '' the best pg in the nba, can see what fools you look like when derrick rose returns next season.

and to all the people who say paul is top 3 in nba, shouldnt a top 3 nba player be able to elevate his team to the next level, rather than getting bounced in the 1st round most of the time?

people like to say he does not have enough talent, that is why, i say bs. dont tell me he is great when he leads the clippers to 50 plus wins, but then talent is an issue in the playoffs.

if he is going to be considered top 3 in the nba by most of you guys, he has got to step his playoff performance up big time. i am not even asking him to win a championship yet, or even make it to one yet, how about winning playoff series consistently, that would be a start.

You're wrong on this point. He is top 3, that's indisputable, even if it's by default. After LBJ and Durant, who gets the third spot?

Admittedly, PSD does overrate Paul, and if Dwight was still Dwight there'd be a much better debate. But Paul right now is the third best player, hands down.

MR.TRIPDUB
05-11-2013, 10:00 PM
He may not be the best but id take him over any point guard on head to head matchups.

b@llhog24
05-11-2013, 10:26 PM
So does that mean Paul has more success than Parker does hypothetically? (If you are in fact saying this towards me since I said something along those lines)

Nah it wasn't directed at you only, there were some other people thoughts along those lines. If it wasn't only you probably would've used the quote option. My problem with this line of thinking, is even paired with Duncan Cp3 would still be the 2nd best player on my team. So basically you'd be saying "Tim Duncan can't win with Chris ****ing Paul, as his second best player." I can't see it. And we know that Cp3 functions as a No.1 better than TP so that argument gets shot down either way.

b@llhog24
05-11-2013, 10:30 PM

The person he quoted used stats...

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 10:35 PM

totally agree. Both are elite, but they are honestly redundant. Same player.

sportsfan222
05-11-2013, 10:55 PM

rose is a better defender, and he is less selfish.

rose also is a better finisher.

they both are incredibly explosive, 2 most explosive players in nba. no one gets to the rim with more explosiveness then these guys.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 10:59 PM
rose is a better defender, and he is less selfish.

rose also is a better finisher.

they both are incredibly explosive, 2 most explosive players in nba. no one gets to the rim with more explosiveness then these guys.

a better defender?

sportsfan222
05-11-2013, 11:01 PM
You're wrong on this point. He is top 3, that's indisputable, even if it's by default. After LBJ and Durant, who gets the third spot?

Admittedly, PSD does overrate Paul, and if Dwight was still Dwight there'd be a much better debate. But Paul right now is the third best player, hands down.why is it indisputable? why is it indisputable that rose is better than paul? what has paul done to make him considered hands down a top 3 player?

top 3 obviously means u r the elite of the elite, u should be held to much greater expectations. people can make all the excuses they want for paul, but bottom line is, the guy so far in 2 seasons with the clippers, 2 great regular seasons, and then in the playoffs, his play falls off. he has his games, but not at a consistent level.

the clippers have enough talent that if chris paul was this indisputable top 3 player, he should be able to propel his team to playoff wins. that is what the ''greats'' do.

last season after needing 7 games to beat memphis, the clippers get embarassed by an older spurs team in a sweep. games were not really close.

this season they win the 1st 2 games vs the grizzlies, only to lose 4 straight in non competitive action for the most part.

when is the time come where all the chris paul defenders hold him responsible?

as i said, we will bump this thread next season when rose is dominating the nba and will be without a doubt better than paul.

sportsfan222
05-11-2013, 11:02 PM
a better defender?

rose is a very good defender, why is that such a crazy statement?

girlsluvBeyonce
05-11-2013, 11:02 PM
felton allday

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 11:03 PM
rose is a very good defender, why is that such a crazy statement?

so is Westbrook.

Jarvo
05-11-2013, 11:05 PM

You're right, I think I'll take Westy over Rose also wven though he can be selfish at times.

tredigs
05-11-2013, 11:07 PM
why is it indisputable? why is it indisputable that rose is better than paul? what has paul done to make him considered hands down a top 3 player?

top 3 obviously means u r the elite of the elite, u should be held to much greater expectations. people can make all the excuses they want for paul, but bottom line is, the guy so far in 2 seasons with the clippers, 2 great regular seasons, and then in the playoffs, his play falls off. he has his games, but not at a consistent level.

the clippers have enough talent that if chris paul was this indisputable top 3 player, he should be able to propel his team to playoff wins. that is what the ''greats'' do.

last season after needing 7 games to beat memphis, the clippers get embarassed by an older spurs team in a sweep. games were not really close.

this season they win the 1st 2 games vs the grizzlies, only to lose 4 straight in non competitive action for the most part.

when is the time come where all the chris paul defenders hold him responsible?

as i said, we will bump this thread next season when rose is dominating the nba and will be without a doubt better than paul.

I remember 6 months ago when this line used to go in conjunction with "After the All Star Break!..." rather than "Next season!...".

There's no telling what Rose comes back as or what his new ceiling is. His explosiveness and dynamic cutting was his most potent weapon by far. I guess we'll find out whenever princess is mentally ready.

lol, please
05-11-2013, 11:10 PM
With a gun to my head I would take Curry over Parker.

5ass
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Rose is slightly better than westbrook imo. Rose is a better shooter and ball handler. Westrook is better at getting to the line and rose tries to avoid contact when he drives to the rim. Westbrook is a slightly better defender.

5ass
05-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Curry is probably as good as westbrook and rose. He just needs to stay healthy.

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Nah it wasn't directed at you only, there were some other people thoughts along those lines. If it wasn't only you probably would've used the quote option. My problem with this line of thinking, is even paired with Duncan Cp3 would still be the 2nd best player on my team. So basically you'd be saying "Tim Duncan can't win with Chris ****ing Paul, as his second best player." I can't see it. And we know that Cp3 functions as a No.1 better than TP so that argument gets shot down either way.

I hear you.. I think for sure Duncan could win with Paul, but obviously the dynamics change, chemistry, culture, etc.. (as you mentioned as well)

Personally, I don't like the whole "swap player A for player B" and player A is as successful or more than player B. I just don't think there's anyway to prove either scenario, so it's really just a moot point.

sportsfan222
05-12-2013, 12:21 AM
I remember 6 months ago when this line used to go in conjunction with "After the All Star Break!..." rather than "Next season!...".

There's no telling what Rose comes back as or what his new ceiling is. His explosiveness and dynamic cutting was his most potent weapon by far. I guess we'll find out whenever princess is mentally ready.no doubt man. that is deff the key.

this argument how rose is the best pg in the nba and a top player is all assuming that derrick rose comes back the derrick rose type player we saw in his mvp season 2010-2011, and 2012 season.

i am willing to assume he will because he has been very patient with his recovery, so he deff will not have come back too soon, and given his age, it is easier to recover.

that is what separates him from most players in the game, that explosiveness that few have. if he loses any of that, his stock falls dramatically and this conversation is a moot point. its based on the rose we have seen since his mvp season.

felixng2012
05-12-2013, 02:00 AM
It must be nice playing against weak defenses and being guarded by the likes of Nash, Steve Blake, Steph Curry, and Klay Thompson.... The answer is no. Tony Parker is just fortunate to play on a system that suits him perfectly with great shooters, great screen setters, a great coach, and a good defensive system to cover for his defensive deficiencies. Swap him with CP3 and I dare say the Clippers get swept or win 5 tops.

Went from being underrated to overrated very fast.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Curry is not a great PG. He is a great shooter and ball handler that lacks durability and size. He does not have a PG mentality or good PG IQ. Which is why we see Mark Jackson routinely turn to Jarret Jack to run the point at the end of games.

Trinidad
05-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Curry is not a great PG. He is a great shooter and ball handler that lacks durability and size. He does not have a PG mentality or good PG IQ. Which is why we see Mark Jackson routinely turn to Jarret Jack to run the point at the end of games.

Agree. Curry is a natural off guard, but he's too short and unathletic to create his own shot against the taller 2 guards. So he plays the point as essentially a shooting guard so he can match up against the opposing point guard. It's kind of weak if you ask me. Guys like Danny Green and taller wings lock him the *** down.

Chronz
05-12-2013, 03:18 AM
What is it you have seen that makes you think that?

Guppyfighter
05-12-2013, 04:16 AM
It must be nice playing against weak defenses and being guarded by the likes of Nash, Steve Blake, Steph Curry, and Klay Thompson.... The answer is no. Tony Parker is just fortunate to play on a system that suits him perfectly with great shooters, great screen setters, a great coach, and a good defensive system to cover for his defensive deficiencies. Swap him with CP3 and I dare say the Clippers get swept or win 5 tops.

Went from being underrated to overrated very fast.

Warriors are top five in perimeter defense. Klay being a major stopper vs Parker all year. Curry being slighly above average.

Guppyfighter
05-12-2013, 04:20 AM
Agree. Curry is a natural off guard, but he's too short and unathletic to create his own shot against the taller 2 guards. So he plays the point as essentially a shooting guard so he can match up against the opposing point guard. It's kind of weak if you ask me. Guys like Danny Green and taller wings lock him the *** down.

Uh, Curry's isolation rate for his shots this playoffs is 29 percent. That's as much as Carmelo or Kobe on average for a game. He's been creating shots all game. 40 percent on threes off the dribble too. Danny Green doesn't lock him down. It's been a fluke. Wide open misses. He got his against Iggy and Kawhi Leonard. Both better defenders than Green. The notion is malarchy and there isn't a sufficient sample size to show it's not fools gold.

Curry is 6'4 and he is an extremely high basketball IQ. The last sentence shows you don't know what you are talking about too. Jack is used to create mismatches for Curry or iso in late game situation or to give Curry a breather. It's not because Curry has a low basketball IQ.

There is also tactical reasons, Curry off the ball is deadly, creates a ton of pressure on the defense. It's not because he lacks PG IQ. That's silly.

FOBolous
05-12-2013, 05:53 AM
of all PGs in the league....Parker is...

#3 in scoring
#6 in assists...tho he's only .1 from #4 and .4 from #3,
#1 in FG%

i'd say he's among the best PGs in the league. I would actually rank him the 2nd best PG in the league...behind Chris Paul at #1 and in front of Curry at #3. Parget gets the nod at #2 because of his superior FG%

I would then rank Westbrook at #4, Rondo at #5, Deron at #6, Holidays at #7, John Wall at #8, Irving at #9, Lillard at #10.

so here are my top 10 PGs with their stats:

1. Chris Paul...17 ppg, 48% FG, 10 apg, 2 stl, 2 TO
2. Tony Parker...20 ppg, 52% FG, 8 apg, 1 stl, 3 TO
3. Stephen Curry...23 ppg, 45% FG, 7 apg, 2 stl, 3 TO
4. Russell Westbrook...23 ppg, 43% FG, 7 apg, 2 stl, 3 TO
5. Rajon Rondo...14 ppg, 48% FG, 11 apg, 2 stl, 4 TO
6. Deron Williams...19 ppg, 44% FG, 8 apg, 1 stl, 3 TO
7. Jrue Holidays...18 ppg, 43% FG, 8 apg, 2 stl, 4 TO
8. John Wall...19 ppg, 44% FG, 8 apg, 1 stl, 3 TO
9. Kyrie Irving...23 ppg, 45% FG, 6 apg, 2 stl, 3 TO
10. Damian Lillard...19 ppg, 42% FG, 7 apg, 1 stl, 2 TO

Rose doesn't deserved to get ranked because he's a *****.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Curry is 6'4 and he is an extremely high basketball IQ. The last sentence shows you don't know what you are talking about too. Jack is used to create mismatches for Curry or iso in late game situation or to give Curry a breather. It's not because Curry has a low basketball IQ.

There is also tactical reasons, Curry off the ball is deadly, creates a ton of pressure on the defense. It's not because he lacks PG IQ. That's silly.

Steph Curry is Not 6'4 lol, he measured in at 6'2 on the nose at the NBA draft camp and he is 170 lbs soaking wet which makes him undersized. He is a wet noodle with zero strength and very average athleticism. I'm not bashing Steph Curry for the sake of just bashing him. These are all reasons why he fell in the NBA draft.

He plays off ball because he has a scorers mentality not a PG mentality and Jarrett Jack is better at running an offense. Steph Curry only played 1 year at PG in college prior to coming to the NBA and it was a horror show. He just doesn't have the experience at the PG position. Curry's poor decisions were a huge reason why GSW blew that 4th quarter lead in gm 1 and nearly blew that game 2 lead also. Curry was abysmal in game 3.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Curry is probably as good as westbrook and rose. He just needs to stay healthy.

lmao no chance. For one Westbrook and Rose are huge compared to Curry. They both are also great shooters not as good as Curry but 40% from 3P is still great. Rose and WB both can post up and are million times more athletic. I think the biggest and most underrated advantage they have is that they dont wear out late in games when they are being guarded by bigger wing defenders.

kdspurman
05-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Warriors are top five in perimeter defense. Klay being a major stopper vs Parker all year. Curry being slighly above average.

So Curry is above average but Parker is a bad defender? Still waiting for a reply from you btw, wanna get your thoughts on this.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?818666-Tony-Parker-is-the-best-point-guard-in-the-NBA&p=26199794#post26199794

Becks2307
05-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Rose is slightly better than westbrook imo. Rose is a better shooter and ball handler. Westrook is better at getting to the line and rose tries to avoid contact when he drives to the rim. Westbrook is a slightly better defender.

Nope nope nope.

Derrick Rose needs to play the sport again before we rank him.

kdspurman
05-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Uh, Curry's isolation rate for his shots this playoffs is 29 percent. That's as much as Carmelo or Kobe on average for a game. He's been creating shots all game. 40 percent on threes off the dribble too. Danny Green doesn't lock him down. It's been a fluke. Wide open misses. He got his against Iggy and Kawhi Leonard. Both better defenders than Green. The notion is malarchy and there isn't a sufficient sample size to show it's not fools gold. .

It's not a fluke man, Curry is 1 of 15 in games 2 & 3 with Green defending him. No way is that a fluke, Green is doing to him what Klay did to Parker. Parker figured Klay out, so now we'll see what Curry does.

And against Kawhi, I think he's 2-6 or 2-8.

There is some wide open misses, but not many. Green is fighting through screens, staying with him while Curry dribbles, chasing him around screens, etc... He's not getting any room to operate.

The double standards on here astonish me.

Klay locks down Parker to you, but what Green is doing to Curry is a fluke.

Parker is a bad defender cause he can't guard bigger defenders like Klay or Barnes in the post, but Curry is an above average defender even though they hide him on Danny Green who is a spot up shooter...

lol, please
05-12-2013, 11:33 AM
It's a fluke, Curry will expose him today.

kdspurman
05-12-2013, 11:46 AM
It's a fluke, Curry will expose him today.

2 games in a row it's a fluke.... lol ok

Trinidad
05-12-2013, 12:31 PM
With a gun to my head I would take Curry over Parker.

Of course you would. You're from SF. It's shame because after all those 49ers titles I would expect you to appreciate titles more.

Trinidad
05-12-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm very disappointed in the Golden State coach and how he utilizes his players. He recognizes that Curry is a natural off ball player, but he puts him at point guard. Why? Because at 6'2" with little athleticism he can better match up against the opposing point guard. He doesn't run the offense and penetrate and dish which is Jarrett Jack can do. He sacrifices his teammates for the sake of his own production.

Curry would be better as a shooting guard in theory, but he can't play his natural position because he gets locked the **** down by longer more athletic wings.

Tony Parker is a natural scoring point guard. He can drive to the rim and take the high percentage shot or dish. While at the same time he's excellent off pick and roll for jumper or dish. He plays point guard better than Curry.

Put them both at the 2 guard and they both become undersized, but at least Parker has his natural position to return to.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Curry is a Rich Man's Dell Curry. A very undersized 2 guard but his father had absolutely no handles like Steph and was not nearly as good a finisher.

tredigs
05-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Curry "no handles" - when trolls get boring. Welcome to Trinidad territory and "no longer feed" territory.

ThaDubs
05-12-2013, 01:19 PM
waveycrockett's hate for Steph Curry is very strange. He has almost no knowledge at all on Curry who is actually listed at 6'3, 185. Being one of the postseason leaders in points and the leader in assists is no fluke.

Trinidad
05-12-2013, 01:22 PM
waveycrockett's hate for Steph Curry is very strange. He has almost no knowledge at all on Curry who is actually listed at 6'3, 185. Being one of the postseason leaders in points and the leader in assists is no fluke.

Listed and measured at are different things. By the way. Can Curry go the hell away in this thread? Damn. He's not in this class of players. How have Warriors fans managed to hijack this thread? It's Paul and Parker in the convo for best PG.

ThaDubs
I'm very disappointed in the Golden State coach and how he utilizes his players. He recognizes that Curry is a natural off ball player, but he puts him at point guard. Why? Because at 6'2" with little athleticism he can better match up against the opposing point guard. He doesn't run the offense and penetrate and dish which is Jarrett Jack can do. He sacrifices his teammates for the sake of his own production.

Curry would be better as a shooting guard in theory, but he can't play his natural position because he gets locked the **** down by longer more athletic wings.

Tony Parker is a natural scoring point guard. He can drive to the rim and take the high percentage shot or dish. While at the same time he's excellent off pick and roll for jumper or dish. He plays point guard better than Curry.

Put them both at the 2 guard and they both become undersized, but at least Parker has his natural position to return to.

He's leading the postseason in assists...

waveycrockett
Curry "no handles" - when trolls get boring. Welcome to Trinidad territory and "no longer feed" territory.
Somebody needs to file a lawsuit against your 1st grade teacher. NO handles? Kid cant even read lmao

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 01:24 PM
waveycrockett's hate for Steph Curry is very strange. He has almost no knowledge at all on Curry who is actually listed at 6'3, 185. Being one of the postseason leaders in points and the leader in assists is no fluke.I'm not hating on Steph Curry he is a terrific young player. Arguably best shooter in the game right now.

ThaDubs
05-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Somebody needs to file a lawsuit against your 1st grade teacher. NO handles? Kid cant even read lmao

I understood your post but the way you wrote it made it sound kinda weird. Someone quickly sweeping through your post could have read it that way.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 01:28 PM
I understood your post but the way you wrote it made it sound kinda weird. Someone quickly sweeping through your post could have read it that way.

True. To clarify I was saying Dell Curry's ball handling skills were not in the same universe as Steph. Curry is a brilliant ball handler.

ThaDubs
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Steph played almost 60 minutes in game one, then 43 the next two. In game two he missed his first FT... oh and two more. Why? Because obviously he wasn't feeling 100% after playing all those minutes. His ankle could be bothering him, he could just be sore everywhere from playing so much, hell his eye is probably still bothering him too. He is the best passer so far in the postseason and he is running our offense very well. The reason MJ's been putting JJ at the point in the end of games is because it gives Steph the chance to run off ball (which is made difficult with all this jersey grabbing) which gives him good looks, and it gives JJ, who is most likely going to be rested, a chance to run the offense and let Curry rest a little bit while still being on the court to impact the game.

tredigs
05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
True. To clarify I was saying Dell Curry's ball handling skills were not in the same universe as Steph. Curry is a brilliant ball handler.

I realize what you wrote now. That said, Curry has everything you could want in a PG. He just happens to be ridiculous off the ball in a catch and shoot and it's something the Warriors don't ignore. That said, I wish the person holding the ball in that scenario wasn't Jack.

Steph played almost 60 minutes in game one, then 43 the next two. In game two he missed his first FT... oh and two more. Why? Because obviously he wasn't feeling 100% after playing all those minutes. His ankle could be bothering him, he could just be sore everywhere from playing so much, hell his eye is probably still bothering him too. He is the best passer so far in the postseason and he is running our offense very well. The reason MJ's been putting JJ at the point in the end of games is because it gives Steph the chance to run off ball (which is made difficult with all this jersey grabbing) which gives him good looks, and it gives JJ, who is most likely going to be rested, a chance to run the offense and let Curry rest a little bit while still being on the court to impact the game.

Exactly, dude played over 100 minutes in 2 games and the Warriors series got absolutely shafted on rest. I think he's paying for it, and we might not even get to see him on the court at all tonight if the swelling hasn't gone down enough (bad enough it's 1 day rest, but it's a day game following a night game to boot. Not much HCA there).

Oh well, hopefully he can go. If not we're losing by 40.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 01:47 PM

Steph Curry looks like he's been run into the ground from the Denver series and the 1st 2 games against the Spurs thats for sure. Jackson doesn't give him nearly enough rest for a guy with bad ankles. But alot of it is that the Spurs have figured out how to stop him. His lack of PG mentality is evident in this series and you cant play a guy off ball in the NBA at that size and expect him to be effective against guys like Kawhi Leonard.

tredigs
05-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Steph Curry looks like he's been run into the ground from the Denver series and the 1st 2 games against the Spurs thats for sure. Jackson doesn't give him nearly enough rest for a guy with bad ankles. But alot of it is that the Spurs have figured out how to stop him. His lack of PG mentality is evident in this series and you cant play a guy off ball in the NBA at that size and expect him to be effective against guys like Kawhi Leonard.
What does he lack in "point guard mentality", exactly? Realize this is the guy leading the entire playoffs in assists.

I really don't think the Spurs figured much out. He was missing a ton of shots he generally drains, many of them without a hand in his face.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 01:54 PM
What does he lack in "point guard mentality", exactly? Realize this is the guy leading the entire playoffs in assists.

Steph Curry has played PG exactly 1 year in his career before coming to the Warriors. You might think I'm just saying he wasn't a real PG just to be critical but his entire career he has been a scorer 1st and he still is. You can rack up assists the same way Westbrook and Iverson did and still not be a true PG. He does not handle double teams well, he does not make smart passes in key situations, he has Jason Williams syndrome alot of the time.

Chronz
05-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Didn't Dick Vitale say Curry was the best passer that year?

tredigs
05-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Steph Curry has played PG exactly 1 year in his career before coming to the Warriors. You might think I'm just saying he wasn't a real PG just to be critical but his entire career he has been a scorer 1st and he still is. You can rack up assists the same way Westbrook and Iverson did and still not be a true PG. He does not handle double teams well, he does not make smart passes in key situations, he has Jason Williams syndrome alot of the time.
That's a half decade of pure PG play. He's older than Durant.

I disagree majorly other than him being a scorer 1st. That's exactly what he needs to be. He's the teams best scorer.

His ability to break down defenses and make the correct / often tricky pass is excellent and he has complete control of the offense when the ball's in his hands. He's a very talented passer and although may not be your prototypical ideal of what a PG should be due to the gift that he has, clearly a very effective one.

tredigs
05-12-2013, 02:08 PM
As much as I'm jocking Curry, I fully agree with those who want to see more of it and I don't think he's complete yet - not like Cp3. And not like Parker either for that matter. Parker's refined and understands both he and his systems strengths that he's robotic in his dominance. But Curry is so dangerous at what he excels at that it brings him into this conversation.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 02:10 PM
That's a half decade of pure PG play. He's older than Durant.

I disagree majorly other than him being a scorer 1st. That's exactly what he needs to be. He's the teams best scorer.

His ability to break down defenses and make the correct / often tricky pass is excellent and he has complete control of the offense when the ball's in his hands. He's a very talented passer and although may not be your prototypical ideal of what a PG should be due to the gift that he has, clearly a very effective one.

He split alot of PG duties with Monta Ellis and Jarret Jack since he's been in GSW. He's never run a team full time in large part because he's not a pure point. A team with David Lee, Andrew Bogut, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes. The PG should not be the teams leading scorer with those weapons. He should be running the offense and taking open shots. Hoisting up shots 5 feet behind the arc even if you can hit them is never the smart play and its why the Spurs are winning this series.

tredigs
05-12-2013, 02:12 PM
He split alot of PG duties with Monta Ellis and Jarret Jack since he's been in GSW. He's never run a team full time in large part because he's not very good at it. A team with David Lee, Andrew Bogut, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes. The PG should not be the teams leading scorer. He should be running the offense and taking open shots. Hoisting up shots 5 feet behind the arc even if you can hit them is never the smart play and its why the Spurs are winning this series.

We must be watching different teams and see the game entirely differently. I'll leave it at that and respect your opinion because this is getting redundant and I'm about to head out.

waveycrockett
05-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Didn't Dick Vitale say Curry was the best passer that year?

That was easily Curry's worst season at Davidson. I'm not sure what Vitale said. He also said Shane Battier should of been picked 1st overall. He's a hype man.

OceanSpray
05-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Tony Parker isn't better than CP3, c'mon now..

OceanSpray
05-12-2013, 02:18 PM
If Curry can't make threes, he's not a dangerous player. He's a great PG but as you saw, Curry isn't a threat if he ain't knocking em down. His passing is alright..

2-ONE-5
05-12-2013, 02:19 PM

this cant be serious? and u left out Westbrook, just wow

farren.louis
05-12-2013, 02:25 PM
CP3 is too little to be the best point guard , he's great at what he does but he cant get you a championship being the #1 option. With that being said , now the tony parker praise comes out when he has 1 good game. No he is nowhere near the top point guard HE CANT PLAY DEFENSE .

Drose/Westbrook/Kyrie
All 3 of these guys are unstoppable.

sunnyice
05-12-2013, 02:48 PM
I think Tony Parker and CP3 are 2 best. Both have their own strength and weaknesses. Tony attacks the basket way more, his slashing and finishing skills are unmatched. CP3 I feel is the better playmaker and passer and he's not too bad when it comes to nailing clutch shots.

ThaDubs
05-12-2013, 03:05 PM
If Curry can't make threes, he's not a dangerous player. He's a great PG but as you saw, Curry isn't a threat if he ain't knocking em down. His passing is alright..

Even though most of his FG's made aren't behind the arc?

ThaDubs
05-12-2013, 03:06 PM
CP3 is too little to be the best point guard , he's great at what he does but he cant get you a championship being the #1 option. With that being said , now the tony parker praise comes out when he has 1 good game. No he is nowhere near the top point guard HE CANT PLAY DEFENSE .

Drose/Westbrook/Kyrie

Kyrie is not a top 3 PG :facepalm:

Trinidad
Why have Warriors fans hijacked this thread?

Aapox
Don't know how no one seems to be talking about defense. TP is a total stud on offense but his on ball defense is quite weak.

Guppyfighter
05-12-2013, 03:21 PM
So Curry is above average but Parker is a bad defender? Still waiting for a reply from you btw, wanna get your thoughts on this.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?818666-Tony-Parker-is-the-best-point-guard-in-the-NBA&p=26199794#post26199794

I thought your response was "fair enough." and chose to stop responding because even though he is still a bad defender, he's not for what I listed.

Guppyfighter
05-12-2013, 03:23 PM
It's not a fluke man, Curry is 1 of 15 in games 2 & 3 with Green defending him. No way is that a fluke, Green is doing to him what Klay did to Parker. Parker figured Klay out, so now we'll see what Curry does.

And against Kawhi, I think he's 2-6 or 2-8.

There is some wide open misses, but not many. Green is fighting through screens, staying with him while Curry dribbles, chasing him around screens, etc... He's not getting any room to operate.

The double standards on here astonish me.

Klay locks down Parker to you, but what Green is doing to Curry is a fluke.

Parker is a bad defender cause he can't guard bigger defenders like Klay or Barnes in the post, but Curry is an above average defender even though they hide him on Danny Green who is a spot up shooter...

1/15 sounds exactly like a fluke. Someone being locked down isn't going to shoot 15 times. He was taking shots because they were open. 1/15 is unsustainably bad. I think it's more of a case of regression to the mean because his outstanding playoff performance so bad.

FOBolous
05-12-2013, 03:43 PM

Drose/Westbrook/Kyrie

Says the guy who's on Beverly's **** because of 3 games :rolleyes: fyi, Parker won the finals mvp before. You know what that means? He was the best player on a championship team.

Greet
05-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Says the guy who's on Beverly's **** because of 3 games :rolleyes: fyi, Parker won the finals mvp before. You know what that means? He was the best player on a championship team.

Or he played the best in the finals on his team

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I have at least 3 point guards over TP.

Guppyfighter
05-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I have at least 3 point guards over TP.

This is really inconsistent with your logic.

Let me use what you usually say about Kobe.

All Parker does is win. FOUR RINGS. PASSION, HEART, THE DESIRE TO WIN.

jerellh528
05-12-2013, 04:24 PM
nah dude. cp3 is still the best pg, has been for quite some time and probably still will be until one of irving, curry, lilliard, etc. hit their primes.

JoeDirt05
05-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Lillard is the best

sportsfan222
05-12-2013, 05:48 PM

Drose/Westbrook/Kyrie
All 3 of these guys are unstoppable.exactly. although i would not say kyrie is better than paul yet, because he has not proven anything on a consistent basis, but u r 100 percent right. although paul is good, he can not lead a team to a championship,heck cant even get to the 2nd round usually.

guys like rose, westbrook, and as i said i would not put kyrie yet because he needs to prove a lot more, those guys are game changers. those guys can take over games with their explosiveness.

paul needs a lot of talent around him to be very good.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-12-2013, 06:04 PM
This is really inconsistent with your logic.

Let me use what you usually say about Kobe.

All Parker does is win. FOUR RINGS. PASSION, HEART, THE DESIRE TO WIN.

So what is your opinion on TP being the best PG in the league?

Guppyfighter
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM

Second best PG.

seikou8
05-12-2013, 07:10 PM

Drose/Westbrook/Kyrie

epic fail

xxplayerxx23
05-12-2013, 07:18 PM
exactly. although i would not say kyrie is better than paul yet, because he has not proven anything on a consistent basis, but u r 100 percent right. although paul is good, he can not lead a team to a championship,heck cant even get to the 2nd round usually.

guys like rose, westbrook, and as i said i would not put kyrie yet because he needs to prove a lot more, those guys are game changers. those guys can take over games with their explosiveness.

paul needs a lot of talent around him to be very good.

Hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha

sportsfan222
05-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha
u can laugh all u want, but so far i have not been proven wrong. ur boy chris paul may put up solid numbers in the reg season, but when the postseason comes, the guy fails.

maybe next year he will prove me wrong, but i wouldnt count on it.

lol, please
05-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I would take Curry over TP.

BKLYNpigeon
05-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I think you forgot how good CP3 was when he was on the Hornets..

girlsluvBeyonce
05-12-2013, 08:30 PM
felton

FOBolous
05-13-2013, 01:09 AM

i have no problem with putting Parker in my top 5. the only PG i would take ahead of him is Chris Paul.

bigmac8675
05-13-2013, 01:12 AM
No... not even top 3.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Felton

RLundi
05-13-2013, 02:14 AM

That same lawsuit should be given to every English teacher that has housed you. YOU made the word choice and syntax errors. Kid can read fine; you just can't write.

RLundi
05-13-2013, 02:21 AM

I doubt he thinks TP is better than CP3. He's just exposing the inane foolishness of Lakers fans' logic when it comes to Kobe. The discussion always short-sightedly begins with rings yet you don't give Parker the same stupid and obviously-faulty luxury. Why is that?

Double standards are fun :)

ThaDubs
05-13-2013, 03:15 AM
u can laugh all u want, but so far i have not been proven wrong. ur boy chris paul may put up solid numbers in the reg season, but when the postseason comes, the guy fails.

maybe next year he will prove me wrong, but i wouldnt count on it.

You're taking the intangibles out of the equation and the fact of the matter is that teams who've succeeded with CP3 aren't **** without him. See how bad the Hornets have been since he's left? And see how good the Clippers have been since he's been on their roster? That's because he is a game changer. DJ and Blake were disgraceful in the postseason. CP3 has been cursed with playing on meh teams his whole career. What's funnier is you're trying to make a case for Kyrie being "almost there" when he's probably a top 7 PG at best.

sportsfan222
05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
You're taking the intangibles out of the equation and the fact of the matter is that teams who've succeeded with CP3 aren't **** without him. See how bad the Hornets have been since he's left? And see how good the Clippers have been since he's been on their roster? That's because he is a game changer. DJ and Blake were disgraceful in the postseason. CP3 has been cursed with playing on meh teams his whole career. What's funnier is you're trying to make a case for Kyrie being "almost there" when he's probably a top 7 PG at best.

ok u go ahead and continue ur excuses for chris paul.

so let me get this straight. the clippers are good now because of him in the reg season, but when they totally disappear in the postseason, as do most of the teams he leads, its not his fault?

people think this guy is a top 3 player, top 3 players dont let them their teams collapse in the postseason year after year. he may put up very nice numbers, and no one is denying that, but he can not win on his own, he needs great players around him, as evidenced by his lack of postseason success. i am not even talking about winning a championship or getting to one, i am talking about winning a round or 2 in the playoffs. baby steps.

chris paul is not better than derrick rose, so he is not the best pg in the nba.

2-ONE-5
05-13-2013, 09:41 AM

for starters the Hornets are rebuilding and most of the players on the roster never played with Paul. David West was an All Star in NO too by the way and he hasnt missed a beat since going to Indy for the most part. Tywson Chandler is pretty much the same player too, he might of improved since his NO days even

Guppyfighter
05-13-2013, 10:31 AM
ok u go ahead and continue ur excuses for chris paul.

so let me get this straight. the clippers are good now because of him in the reg season, but when they totally disappear in the postseason, as do most of the teams he leads, its not his fault?

people think this guy is a top 3 player, top 3 players dont let them their teams collapse in the postseason year after year. he may put up very nice numbers, and no one is denying that, but he can not win on his own, he needs great players around him, as evidenced by his lack of postseason success. i am not even talking about winning a championship or getting to one, i am talking about winning a round or 2 in the playoffs. baby steps.

chris paul is not better than derrick rose, so he is not the best pg in the nba.

Yes, the bold is exactly true. Chris Paul put up insanely good playoff numbers.

"Yo, Chris, it's your fault we didn't put a championship caliber team around you. But good job Rose in being in the EASTERN Conference and getting to play with a defensive minded genius, a bench mob, and Noah (a DPOY candidate.)

C'mon, don't be stupid. If Chris Paul was in the East and D-Rose's teams he would have had more success.

sportsfan222
05-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, the bold is exactly true. Chris Paul put up insanely good playoff numbers.

"Yo, Chris, it's your fault we didn't put a championship caliber team around you. But good job Rose in being in the EASTERN Conference and getting to play with a defensive minded genius, a bench mob, and Noah (a DPOY candidate.)

C'mon, don't be stupid. If Chris Paul was in the East and D-Rose's teams he would have had more success.
derrick rose is a better player than chris paul.

what can chris paul do that derrick rose can not? the thing that separates the 2, and its a big thing, is derrick roses explosiveness, something that makes him pretty much unstoppable 1 on 1.

they r both good defenders, rose can shoot the 3, they both have great ball skills, but the 1 thing that separates the 2 is explosiveness, which makes a healthy rose virtually unstoppable 1 on 1.

TheIlladelph16
05-13-2013, 11:13 AM
derrick rose is a better player than chris paul.

what can chris paul do that derrick rose can not? the thing that separates the 2, and its a big thing, is derrick roses explosiveness, something that makes him pretty much unstoppable 1 on 1.

they r both good defenders, rose can shoot the 3, they both have great ball skills, but the 1 thing that separates the 2 is explosiveness, which makes a healthy rose virtually unstoppable 1 on 1.

Paul is a superior defender, shooter, 3 PT shooter, and distributor than Rose. Paul pretty handedly wins this comparison imo. Parker is pretty easily Top 3 with very good argument for the #2 spot.

BKLYNpigeon
05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Best Point guards are usually the ones still playing in the playoffs. Before TP's injury he was in the MVP talk. I dont know if he's the best PG, but definitely one of them.

Tony Parker is a Future Hall of Famer. He has the Numbers and Rings to prove it.

how many rings does CP3, Rose and Westbrook have?

sportsfan222
05-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Paul is a superior defender, shooter, 3 PT shooter, and distributor than Rose. Paul pretty handedly wins this comparison imo. Parker is pretty easily Top 3 with very good argument for the #2 spot.

all we can do is wait for next year, and i can not wait. see how rose plays head to head vs the elite pgs, and see how paul does.

heck tony parker destroyed paul last year in the playoffs.

TheIlladelph16
05-13-2013, 11:40 AM
all we can do is wait for next year, and i can not wait. see how rose plays head to head vs the elite pgs, and see how paul does.

heck tony parker destroyed paul last year in the playoffs.

The only reason I responded was because you asked "what does Paul do that Rose doesn't?" Just because Rose can do some of the same things (like most elite PGs), doesn't mean he does it as well or better than CP3. We shall see I guess, but I think your reaching a bit if you think Rose will jump right back in and be MVP Rose to unseat Paul.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 12:37 PM
I doubt he thinks TP is better than CP3. He's just exposing the inane foolishness of Lakers fans' logic when it comes to Kobe. The discussion always short-sightedly begins with rings yet you don't give Parker the same stupid and obviously-faulty luxury. Why is that?

Double standards are fun :)

How many years has TP lead his team?

RLundi
05-13-2013, 01:34 PM
How many years has TP lead his team?

Seriously, you're going with that argument? Using that logic, only 2 of Kobe's rings "count" then right? The three he won with Shaq don't apply since Shaq was the "leader"?

Your grasping at straws here man.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Seriously, you're going with that argument? Using that logic, only 2 of Kobe's rings "count" then right? The three he won with Shaq don't apply since Shaq was the "leader"?

Your grasping at straws here man.

My point is Tp is not a superstar who leads his team every year. He's been number 2 his whole career.

Beltrans Mole
05-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Parker is definitely top three.

FOBolous
05-13-2013, 02:16 PM
My point is Tp is not a superstar who leads his team every year. He's been number 2 his whole career.

kobe was a #2 for 3 of his championships...your point?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 02:51 PM
kobe was a #2 for 3 of his championships...your point?

That he broke away from that and almost ran off a three peat.

2-ONE-5
05-13-2013, 02:58 PM
my point is tp is not a superstar who leads his team every year. He's been number 2 his whole career.

finals mvp...

FOBolous
05-13-2013, 03:04 PM

Parker did too. He won the Finals MVP. i don't think #2s win Finals MVP.

mp3
05-13-2013, 03:16 PM

Duncan? :eyebrow:

amos1er
05-13-2013, 03:17 PM

It happens from time to time. Parker was the number 2 that year for sure.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 03:17 PM
finals mvp...

Because he did better that Timmy in a finals series makes him an overwhelming Number one option?

b@llhog24
05-13-2013, 03:21 PM

Getting swept in the semis isn't "almost running off a three peat."

2-ONE-5
05-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Because he did better that Timmy in a finals series makes him an overwhelming Number one option?

no said overwhelming. more like 1a and 1b

nastynice
05-13-2013, 05:01 PM
He's definitely one of the top pg in the game. He's without a question an elite player, has been for a number of years, and has pretty much been underrated his entire career. His first step is as quick as anyone's, he can finish, he can dish, his spin move is :drool:

I dont know if I'd say he's the best pg in the nba right now, but I certainly wouldn't fault anyone if they did say so

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Getting swept in the semis isn't "almost running off a three peat."

Did you forget about us being 2 wins away from beating the Celtics? Try again clown.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 06:02 PM
no said overwhelming. more like 1a and 1b

That year?

b@llhog24
05-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Did you forget about us being 2 wins away from beating the Celtics? Try again clown.

Except, your ring count starts in the following year. So no, you're wrong.

RLundi
05-13-2013, 06:11 PM

How did you almost have a three-peat?? The third championship would have to be AFTER the first 2, not before. After the first 2 rings, LA got swept, hence there was no "almost 3-peat."

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Except, your ring count starts in the following year. So no, you're wrong.

Ok, let me rephrase that. If the Lakers would have won 2 more games vs the Celtics they would have won 3 in a row. Happy now smart ***?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
How did you almost have a three-peat?? The third championship would have to be AFTER the first 2, not before. After the first 2 rings, LA got swept, hence there was no "almost 3-peat."

How does that change the fact that if the Lakers were two games away from winning three in a row?

b@llhog24
05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Ok, let me rephrase that. If the Lakers would have won 2 more games vs the Celtics they would have won 3 in a row. Happy now smart ***?

But that didn't happen. Three peats start AFTER the first title. In any event, it's just your usual "Kobe is the greatest, let me slob on his knob some more" routine.

RLundi
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM
How does that change the fact that if the Lakers were two games away from winning three in a row?

Sounds like you're making excuses but I concede and see your point when you put it that way.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Sounds like you're making excuses but I concede and see your point when you put it that way.

That's all I was trying to say bro:up:

ThaDubs
05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
But that didn't happen. Three peats start AFTER the first title. In any event, it's just your usual "Kobe is the greatest, let me slob on his knob some more" routine.

:laugh:

girlsluvBeyonce
05-14-2013, 03:12 AM
FeLt0n & kįDd

Trinidad
05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Tony Parker once again proving the value of a PG who can penetrate and drive. His case is pretty damn strong.