PDA

View Full Version : Boozer And Teague Suspended For GAme 4? Maybe

MTL_123
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Well during game 3 after Noah shoved Birdman Boozer and teague left the bench and went on the court and according to the rules if a players leaves the bench and STEPS on the court during an altercation it means a one game suspension. This happened before when amare was suspended for leaving the bench against the spurs i think during the playoffs ? So should they both be suspended

it starts at the 1:08 mark

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2013/eastseries5?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

effen5
05-11-2013, 09:22 AM
That's what the Heat need, even more advantage lol. I doubt they will get suspended though.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-11-2013, 09:31 AM
This would kill the bulls, even though theyre pretty much dead in the water as is now

MTL_123
05-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I dont think they should be suspended just for the fact half the team is dead but if it was a regular season game then i think they should be suspended

BALLER R
05-11-2013, 09:35 AM
suspend them and bulls will have 5 guys playing the entire game.

effen5
05-11-2013, 09:35 AM
suspend them and bulls will have 5 guys playing the entire game.
They basically have 6 as is lol.

SportsFanatic10
05-11-2013, 09:56 AM
i'm not sure that qualifies as an "altercation", but obviously if it does they have to suspend them. them stepping on the court is cut and dry, but the whole "altercation" part gives the league some wiggle room here since that wasn't a big dust up. i honestly don't want the bulls anymore short handed since they have enough excuses already, but it would only be fair since they did it to amare and rules are rules as dumb as some of them are.

riconek
05-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Heat needs any help they can get. Referees, league etc.

SportsFanatic10
05-11-2013, 10:06 AM

:dance:

Cromedome
05-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Suspend them like they did with the Knicks during the Charlie Ward/PJ Brown fight.

ATX
05-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Ya clearly the reigning champs, 66 win, best team in the NBA needs all the help they can get. FAIL

SwatTeam
05-11-2013, 10:47 AM
They shouldn't be suspended. Were they on the court? Yeah, but that was just a coincidence. They made no movement towards the action. They were basically a step inside the court and no one was trying to hold them back so I don't think they were going to jump in.

The league needs to let these things go in order to avoid suspicions of a fix. Although, I think the refereeing in last nights game was average to above average.

Khri
05-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Rules are there for a reason, they should be suspended because if they don't more players are going to start doing the same thing.

Jarvo
05-11-2013, 10:48 AM
If you're still crying how the refs are helping The Heat you're ***** made.

Jarvo
05-11-2013, 10:48 AM
And no they shouldn't be suspended for a Game.

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2013, 11:07 AM
They'd be doing the Bulls a favor by suspending Teague.

OceanSpray
05-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I can't wait to see what these Bulls fans will say if they do get suspended. More conspiracy theories. Look at how Miami's bench is calm and collective.. These Bulls players are like monkeys begging to start a fight. C'mon, it's basketball. If you want to fight, UFC could use some rookies.

TeamSeattle
05-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Finding any reason to hate on the Bulls...

naps
05-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Rule clearly says you can't cross line which they did. Clear violation of the rule. There is no other way around it. I want to see whether the league takes action or shows mercy.

justinnum1
05-11-2013, 11:52 AM
they wont be suspended.

KingPosey
05-11-2013, 11:55 AM
If you're still crying how the refs are helping The Heat you're ***** made.

Ya, you're ***** made dawg.

TheIlladelph16
05-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I think they definitely broke the rules here, and if they are following the rule then they should probably be suspended. I don't really want that to happen though. Amare shouldn't have been suspended when it happened to him, and neither should these guys during the playoffs.

DumDum
05-11-2013, 12:09 PM
what did teague do ? I don't remember him being out on the court at all

LAKobeBryant
05-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Chicago should bring back the WHITE MAMBA

NYKalltheway
05-11-2013, 12:15 PM
I can't wait to see what these Bulls fans will say if they do get suspended. More conspiracy theories. Look at how Miami's bench is calm and collective.. These Bulls players are like monkeys begging to start a fight. C'mon, it's basketball. If you want to fight, UFC could use some rookies.

It happened right in front of their face.... If they didn't react whatsoever they'd be idiots.

adidas2307
05-11-2013, 12:22 PM

Um, what? Teague is standing there clapping his hands after the foul call. He didn't move an inch after Noah pushed Andersen. The ENTIRE Bench is just standing there. I usually don't waste my time responding to anyone in the main forum but, holy ****, you are just being a blatant idiot. You can't even see the Heat's bench reaction to that "scuffle".

Just stop. We all know how amazing LeBron James is and how great the Heat team is but your posts are quickly becoming as dumb and annoying as justinumm's back in the day.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
The incident occurred near the Bulls bench, Im sure if it occurred near Miamis bench you woulda seen the Heat players get up from the bench as well

Kyben36
05-11-2013, 12:48 PM
I dont think they will be, I noticed it as well but the coaches were there to grab them quickly, nothing escilated.

Kyben36
05-11-2013, 12:51 PM

clearly you dont remember the good old days of backsetball with the bad boy pistons who would not let you get to the rim, fact is the game of basketball has become sad, no hand checks, no physicality at all. these are athletes and they are treated like premadonas, as far as the suspensions go, nothing is going to happen, players walk that far off the bench all the time. also, the league got into big trouble the year they did it for Amare and lost alot of fan respect, nobody will end up getting suspended, as far as the altercation goes tought, I dont suport noah in the push, think it was a bit dumb, but I do suport his attitude, how many times does nate need to get rocked before somebody does something about it.

OceanSpray
05-11-2013, 12:55 PM
clearly you dont remember the good old days of backsetball with the bad boy pistons who would not let you get to the rim, fact is the game of basketball has become sad, no hand checks, no physicality at all. these are athletes and they are treated like premadonas, as far as the suspensions go, nothing is going to happen, players walk that far off the bench all the time. also, the league got into big trouble the year they did it for Amare and lost alot of fan respect, nobody will end up getting suspended, as far as the altercation goes tought, I dont suport noah in the push, think it was a bit dumb, but I do suport his attitude, how many times does nate need to get rocked before somebody does something about it.

If you watch the game, Nate being fouled are exaggerated because of his size. Make no mistake, he's slick and quick. However, if anyone brushes off against him, it's a foul because Nate is so small. So you're telling me the NBA should reward Nate foul calls because he's smaller than everyone? This is the NBA and they shouldn't give Nate calls because he's smaller than everyone.

Slug3
05-11-2013, 02:05 PM
It is a rule, but its a very stupid rule and I dont see many people in the media or Miami talking about it so I dont think anything happens.

CHANGO
05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Nah... Don't suspend them. Just forget it.

We need entertaining games.

STAT1
05-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Suspend them. There's no doubt in my mind that the suspension cost the suns a championship that year.

bucketss
05-11-2013, 02:22 PM
well they need to be fair,.. if this was miami all of you would be crying if they didin't get suspended.

king4day
05-11-2013, 03:01 PM
I dont think they should be suspended just for the fact half the team is dead but if it was a regular season game then i think they should be suspended

As Suns fans know, playoffs have nothing to do with rules. If they left the court, they must both be suspended for game 4. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Diaw hardly took a step or 2 beyond the sideline and was suspended.

Snakeyestx
05-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Not even D. Rose stepped out on the court... oh wait.

Even if he did, it'd be like dividing by zero, you can't suspend someone who doesn't play. :sigh:

IversonIsKrazy
05-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I bet Suns fans hope they get suspended or they will be pissed for a certain incident....... BIG SHOT ROB!
But honestly, Bulls re playing like 8 players, if these 2 get suspended as well, it's just ridiculous

mdm692
05-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I dont think they should be suspended just for thje fact half the team is dead but if it was a regular season game then i think they should be suspended

That's being biased. The Suns got screwed out of a championship for worrying about their star pg so why should the Bulls be treated any different.

SteBO
05-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I doubt anything comes out of that...and rightfully so. Since the rule is nonsense to begin with.

Ezekial
05-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Lol who the **** is this ocean spray guy

More-Than-Most
05-11-2013, 06:29 PM
I doubt anything comes out of that...and rightfully so. Since the rule is nonsense to begin with.

we all thought the same with the suns and look how that went down lol

hornetsfansydne
05-11-2013, 06:55 PM

The rule isn't nonsense at all! It is there to stop the bench clearing fights like the Malice at the Palace.... A player can not come off the bench during any form of altercation and the league needed to draw a line somewhere which is why the rule is black and white, and also why diaw and amare were suspended

Vinny642
05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Suns fans get annoying quick

JC_
05-12-2013, 02:16 AM
The rule is so dumb imo but so is Boozer and Teague for stepping on the court. Suns got royally screwed because of this and it was the Spurs who instigated it that time. So eventhough the Suns were the victim they got suspended. They pretty much said "f you, rules are rules" that time, so it'll be interesting to see what happens this time.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-12-2013, 02:22 AM
They shouldn't be suspended. Were they on the court? Yeah, but that was just a coincidence. They made no movement towards the action. They were basically a step inside the court and no one was trying to hold them back so I don't think they were going to jump in.

The league needs to let these things go in order to avoid suspicions of a fix. Although, I think the refereeing in last nights game was average to above average.

"By not suspending them, they are fixing it for the Bulls by allowing them to break the rules." That's what some people would say.

No matter what the league does, they will never avoid suspicions of a fix.

Chronz
05-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Rules are rules. Players should be mentally sound during the playoffs, Bulls have not been. Hope they don't get suspended but it would be the kind of leeway that would enrage Suns fans.

Chronz
05-12-2013, 02:15 PM
clearly you dont remember the good old days of backsetball with the bad boy pistons who would not let you get to the rim, fact is the game of basketball has become sad, no hand checks, no physicality at all. these are athletes and they are treated like premadonas,.
Remember the days when defenses couldn't even zone up as freely as they can now. Athletes have gotten more athletic, defensive tactics have improved, if the league never implemented the new rules, basketball would have been beyond brutal. To me that's unfair to the current age players, for having to put up with tactics the older guys didn't, Im a fan of balance. If its brawling you want to watch, then the bad boy Pistons were weaksauce compared to the physicality that was let go in the truly olden days.

The further back you go, the more physical/less skilled it was.

as far as the suspensions go, nothing is going to happen, players walk that far off the bench all the time. also, the league got into big trouble the year they did it for Amare and lost alot of fan respect, nobody will end up getting suspended, as far as the altercation goes tought, I dont suport noah in the push, think it was a bit dumb, but I do suport his attitude, how many times does nate need to get rocked before somebody does something about it
The league got into big trouble? LOL based on what? Amare was mentally inept, its his fault he forgot the rules. If its in the rule book then you should be consistent. I would imagine they would get **** regardless of what they do, if they suspend them, people like you will complain, if they don't, fans of consistency and regulations will.

Chronz
05-12-2013, 02:16 PM
It happened right in front of their face.... If they didn't react whatsoever they'd be idiots.
So they are geniuses for breaking the rules but idiotic if they follow them?

farren.louis
05-12-2013, 02:28 PM
They're humans not robots , so what they stepped a FOOT on the court. They wasn't near the altercation thats the only thing relevant

sunnyice
05-12-2013, 02:36 PM
If they do get suspended, the Bulls completely brought this upon themselves.

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2013, 02:55 PM
RULE NO. 12-FOULS AND PENALTIES
A. Technical Foul
Section VII--Fines
c. During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game.
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html

The Suns' hopes for a lenient ruling from the league office faded quickly Tuesday night, when it was announced that Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw would indeed receive one-game suspensions for leaving "the immediate vicinity of their bench" during the altercation that followed Horry's hit on Nash in the final minute of a series-tying Game 4 victory in San Antonio.

. . .

But NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson told reporters in a conference call after announcing the suspensions that the league's longstanding policy of invoking its leave-the-bench rule without considering additional factors made the Suns' suspensions automatic.

"A precedent wasn't necessary here," Jackson said. "The rule with respect to leaving the bench area during an altercation is very clear.

"Historically, if you break it, you will get suspended, regardless of what the circumstances are."

Jackson added that Stoudemire and Diaw, in the league's estimation, were "about 20 to 25 feet away from their seats" and headed "towards the altercation" before Suns assistant coaches scrambled them back to the bench.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2871615

This "immediate vicinity" language is very troubling. Theoretically, a player can leave his seat on the bench and get involved in an altercation without ever leaving the "immediate vicinity" of his bench--if the "altercation" itself occurs in the "immediate vicinity" of the bench!

Such appeared to be the case on Friday when Boozer and Teague left the bench and walked a foot or two onto the court to where Noah shoved Andersen.

Did Teague and Boozer leave their seats on the bench to head "towards the altercation"? Yes.

Did they, at the same time, remain in the "immediate vicinity" of their bench? Yes.

So which prevails?

How far does "immediate vicinity" extend? Does it extend across the sideline nearest the bench (i.e., may a player leaving the bench step onto the court of play at all)? Does it change depending on where on the court the altercation occurs?

Lord Leoshes
05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
I obviously think it is a stupid rule, but if they don't enforce it then it is a slap in the face of all the other players that have been suspended for the exact same crap.

Slug3
05-13-2013, 06:52 PM
They didn't announce anything so close thread.

mdm692
05-13-2013, 07:29 PM
********. I knew those suspensions we got were ********.