PDA

View Full Version : Ejections for shoving?

JasonJohnHorn
05-11-2013, 01:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBmXbv1n7T0

The video above shows Nazr Mohamed shoving LBJ, for which he was justifiably ejected. My thing with this though is that the league is far from consistent about this and teams and players and fans have a right to expect consistency with this sort of thing.

Last year though we saw, in another Bulls/Heat game, Dwayne Wade shove Rip Hamilton to the ground, for which he received a flagrant 1 and got to stay in the game and received not further punishment from the league.

Yes, Nazr's shove was harder, but the point of the matter is that neither player was making a play at the ball. They were, in both instances, allowing emotion to get the better of them and made a violent play with the intention of shoving another player to the ground and in turn putting another player at risk for an injury. This is no allowable. Again, Nazr's shove was harder, but last time I check, if you punch a guy in the face in the NBA, it doesn't matter how hard you do it, a punch is a punch. It is not a basketball play. It is an act of violence meant to hurt the opposing player.

There should be zero tolerance for "shoving" players, regardless of what team you play for and how many All-Star appearances you made and how much you pay check is for.

Am I blowing this out of proportion? Is shoving an excusable offence? Is it only a flagrant 1? Is the league consistent on how it calls these things?

What are your thoughts?

JasonJohnHorn
05-11-2013, 01:53 AM
This is the video of the Wade/Hamilton play for those who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjh5N1zVGgU

goingfor28
05-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Ejection was BS. Double techs would've been fine then let them continue playing. Just my opinion

More-Than-Most
05-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Ejection was not enough. He should be suspended as well. The Hard foul was way over board and was frustration for the game before which in itself is ********. On top of that Lebron defended himself and tried to force Muh off of him and then he gets pushed to the ground? Its a slap in the face to basketball...That is not basketball...That is that rough house **** we use to play when we were kids...This is professional basketball and these guys should be held to high standards. It was overboard on the foul alone...Add the push to the ground as the cherry on top and he should be ejected and suspended for the next game.

The fact that Lebron actually got a tech as well is ludicrous.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Idk if Lebron deserved a T tbh, but Nazr probably deserved a T and a heavy fine. Lebron did flop, but what nazr did shouldn't be condoned nor should it be tolerated

More-Than-Most
05-11-2013, 02:15 AM
And Lebron did not flop...His head was turned away from the push.... I dont care how big you are..When your getting pushed by a dude the size of Nazr without seeing it coming you are going down.

kdspurman
05-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Eh... If Lebron doesn't fall it's probably not an ejection. So from that perspective, I think it was warranted.

Supreme LA
05-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Lebron flopped so there was no need for an ejection.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-11-2013, 02:20 AM
Damn, the more and more I watch it the more I am conflicted on if Lebron flopped or not lol. My obvious bias wants to think he flopped but I just dont know :confused:

More-Than-Most
05-11-2013, 02:21 AM
The people voting for shoves are nothing is silly... Guys have slipped just walking and pulled things...Why risk injury? That is what Shoving does. What if Lebron tears his ACL there? The Heat/James hate is in full swing...If Durant got thrown to the ground we would have 40 Nazr should get time in Prison threads for assault.

Chronz
05-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Not sure, Nazr did retaliate after already getting the right call in his favor. Thats in some ways worse than an in-game, shove

TheSportMessiah
05-11-2013, 02:52 AM
If LeBron shoved Nazr down like that i guarantee there is no way they would have ejected him from the game. Though i don't have a problem with Nazr being ejected...i know they did it for sake of controlling the game...and it warranted an ejection in the end i think.

hornetsfansydne
05-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Yep get them out of the game. These guys are role models for the young kids playing the game and they can't see their idols running around shoving players and getting away with it. If they see players getting away with this sort of play, then they will start to do it in the Junior leagues.....

FreakaNashur
05-11-2013, 03:00 AM
SMH. thibodo is full of ****.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-11-2013, 03:03 AM
Thibs was just trying to get the refs on the Bulls side from here on out. Lebron did the same thing when he whined to the world after the Bulls ended the 27 game streak. IMO, smart move by Thibs actually

TheSportMessiah
05-11-2013, 03:06 AM
SMH. thibodo is full of ****.

LeBron did flop a bit i think...you can tell by the way he goes down..after he gets shoved he takes like a slow step back and then braces himself before he realizes he has to make this look worse than it really was..nonetheless any player that shoves another player the way Nazr did to him should be tossed based upon principle....

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-11-2013, 03:14 AM
LeBron did flop a bit i think...you can tell by the way he goes down..after he gets shoved he takes like a slow step back and then braces himself before he realizes he has to make this look worse than it really was..nonetheless any player that shoves another player the way Nazr did to him should be tossed based upon principle....
This. Also, I am led to believe like others have said, that if the roles were reversed and Lebron shoved, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. Nonetheless, the punishment fits the crime and the Bulls have nobody to blame but themselves for letting this one slip tonight

JC_
05-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Nazr wayy overreacted to Lebron's ninja move. He goes for the hard foul when there's really no reason to and then full force pushes Lebron.. it's an easy ejection. Some of the guys on the Bulls are a little bit dense. They made some really boneheaded plays last night.. if they played smarter they could really be awesome.

JC_
05-11-2013, 03:29 AM
If you compare Nazr's to Wade's.. Nazr's was after play had stopped and was a two-handed full force push so it looked a lot worse than Wade's which was an excessive forearm push during play.

LayBraun
05-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Why nazr even wrapped him up at half court is beyond me. I think the ejection was warranted. LeBron didn't do anything and then got pushed out of nowhere. Completely unnecessary

jmartin80
05-11-2013, 03:42 AM
I think he should have been ejected but...

Wade's push is a primary example of it only matters what jersey the person is wearing and whose name is on the back of it. Hypocritical. Fact is, if Lebron wouldn't have over-acted the fall, Nazr might not have been ejected. If it would have been Birdman pushed, he wouldn't have been ejected. If it would have been Wade or Lebron doing the pushing they wouldn't have been ejected (as previously proven).

The league is getting softer, but that is really not what bothers me. It is the inconsistent calls that star players get. For example, in game 2 Bulls were down by 4 and Boozer got called for an offensive foul on an easy bucket for a "push off". How many times does James push off, grab the defenders arms etc. every game. But yet he rarely ever (if ever) gets called for it.

The star treatment sucks. If they want to call it tight, fine, but all I want is consistency. I voted for sometimes.

ryang
05-11-2013, 03:46 AM
There hasn't been a play like that in this series. Definitely an ejection. Anyone who argues is slow IMO.

ryang
05-11-2013, 03:47 AM
And who cares? It probably benefited the bulls considering its the playoffs and a tired Noah or boozer is better then that scrub

jmartin80
05-11-2013, 03:56 AM
So all the Heat fans supporting the ejection (which I am as well)... why wasn't D. Wade ejected? I remember asking that exact question when it happened.

naps
05-11-2013, 04:05 AM
So all the Heat fans supporting the ejection (which I am as well)... why wasn't D. Wade ejected? I remember asking that exact question when it happened.

Because D Wade got elbowed by Rip first, no call was made as the game went on, and Wade then retaliated with his elbow. In this case, LeBron got already got a T which he didn't deserve to begin with, it was a dead ball already, and Nazar went on LeBron with both hands.

jmartin80
05-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Because D Wade got elbowed by Rip first, no call was made as the game went on, and Wade then retaliated with his elbow. In this case, LeBron got already got a T which he didn't deserve to begin with, it was a dead ball already, and Nazar went on LeBron with both hands.

So it should not be an ejection to push a player whenever you want if it is not a dead ball and if you were getting elbowed previously?

the avenger
05-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Ejection was the right thing, Mohammed should be suspended too. He wrapped up James half court, very unsportsmanlike, move had nothing to do with playing ball. That alone is a flagrant foul. Then he pushed James to the floor, flipping or not, this should always be an ejection.

James his technical was also correct. Dumb move.

Star treatment: the way scrubs like Mohammed treat James is pathetic, they can't guard him, so they try to hurt him or get him injured/suspended, whatever works.

By the way: I'm a Suns fan.

jmartin80
05-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Ejection was the right thing, Mohammed should be suspended too. He wrapped up James half court, very unsportsmanlike, move had nothing to do with playing ball. That alone is a flagrant foul. Then he pushed James to the floor, flipping or not, this should always be an ejection.

James his technical was also correct. Dumb move.

Star treatment: the way scrubs like Mohammed treat James is pathetic, they can't guard him, so they try to hurt him or get him injured/suspended, whatever works.

By the way: I'm a Suns fan.

I agree with all this (except Nazr trying to injure James). My only question is how some fans say that Mohammed should be ejected (which I agree) but then say that Wade shouldn't be for the same play. I just don't get it.

the avenger
05-11-2013, 04:23 AM
I agree with all this (except Nazr trying to injure James). My only question is how some fans say that Mohammed should be ejected (which I agree) but then say that Wade shouldn't be for the same play. I just don't get it.

Well, Wade should've been ejected too. That's called consistency. The problem is the referee forgot to call a flagrant on Hamilton for the elbow move he made, so some fans take that as an argument.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-11-2013, 04:28 AM
And who cares? It probably benefited the bulls considering its the playoffs and a tired Noah or boozer is better then that scrub

Somewhat true lol. I do think Nazr was awesome in the first round but I think it was a blessing in disguise for the Bulls to have Noah out there extended minutes tonight, even though the result was still an L

nastynice
05-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Ejection was overboard. He shoulda gotten t'd up and that's it. I see players shove each other all the time. I guess they just wanted to send a message or something, who knows

haha, lebron did flop tho, you could tell cuz of how his momentum slowed down and then sped back up. Not sure if I'm mad at that, most nba players would do the same. Either way, not his fault for the ejection, that's the refs mistake, and the bulls mistake for even putting themself in that situation

More-Than-Most
05-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Ok Nobody should be arguing that Wade shouldnt have been ejected either....Wade should have been Ejected for what he did to rip and suspended as well because its silly and stupid and a slap in the face to the sport.

jmartin80
05-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Ok Nobody should be arguing that Wade shouldnt have been ejected either....Wade should have been Ejected for what he did to rip and suspended as well because its silly and stupid and a slap in the face to the sport.

Props. We 100% agree on this topic. Both players should have been ejected.

Kevj77
05-11-2013, 06:00 AM
The poll sucks. It's like in the NFL the 2nd person gets caught. LBJ started it and flopped and got a player ejected.

Jarvo
05-11-2013, 07:52 AM
The reason he got thrown out because of the dumb fouls and ejections from Game 2, The refs wasnt gonna put up with that in that Game. Like Nazr would have made any difference of The Bulls winning or not if he stayed he just did something dumb and deserved it.

tkshy
05-11-2013, 09:07 AM
As long as its consistent. If Lebron shoved Nazr he should be ejected too. Example Wade on Rip should be an ejection like Nazr was on Lebron.

Pacerlive
05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
As long as its consistent. If Lebron shoved Nazr he should be ejected too. Example Wade on Rip should be an ejection like Nazr was on Lebron.

The flopping rule sort shows that the NBA can't call anything consistent. It's always been like this and it will remain like this as long as the league values the individual over promoting the team.

netsgiantsyanks
05-11-2013, 09:35 AM
was it me or was that the biggest BS flop in history? lebron is way too big for that to happen to him.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 09:50 AM
absolutely.

but there were some inconsistencies that game which sucks. but they did get that call right.

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Hell no he shouldn't have been ejected. He should have gotten a technical foul and Miami the ball back. Same thing that Patrick Beverly got when he pushed Reggie Jackson after he went for the same kind of steal that got Westbrook hurt. Just another play where the NBA doesn't call it both ways. Now lets see if they give Lebron the $5,000 fine for flopping, cause Nazr made him look like a *****. (Especially since they are listed as the same playing weight)

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZarg1HQ8AM

This proves the NBA bias right here.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZarg1HQ8AM

This proves the NBA bias right here.

it doesn't "prove" anything. different year, different refs, different circumstances.

and the shoves weren't on equal levels. not all shoves are created equal.

DirkDiggler6
05-11-2013, 09:59 AM
The reason it looks like a flop, to some, is because james uses one leg to push of the ground and slide it off. Its pretty much avoiding a harder fall which could cause injury or be worst. Ever heard of breaking a fall?

DirkDiggler6
05-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Hell no he shouldn't have been ejected. He should have gotten a technical foul and Miami the ball back. Same thing that Patrick Beverly got when he pushed Reggie Jackson after he went for the same kind of steal that got Westbrook hurt. Just another play where the NBA doesn't call it both ways. Now lets see if they give Lebron the $5,000 fine for flopping, cause Nazr made him look like a *****. (Especially since they are listed as the same playing weight)
Yea nazr sucker pushed him while lebron wasnt paying attention, and lebrons a b*** lol you just showed your true colors. I bet if lebron retaliated you'd be calling him mentally weak, by reacting to a scrubs pushh. Yea, yea you would

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Yea nazr sucker pushed him while lebron wasnt paying attention, and lebrons a b*** lol you just showed your true colors. I bet if lebron retaliated you'd be calling him mentally weak, by reacting to a scrubs pushh. Yea, yea you would

I'd have a lot more respect if Lebron manned up and took care of himself instead of letting the nba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppCTkA4cyQk

Listen and watch the video kids, by your basis any push and shove should be ejected for and the announcers say that Lebron pushed Nazr down to the floor and then Nazr pushes him back. So if what you guys are saying is true Lebron should have been ejected as well since it is the same refs, same year, same game.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 10:40 AM
I'd have a lot more respect if Lebron manned up and took care of himself instead of letting the nba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppCTkA4cyQk

Listen and watch the video kids, by your basis any push and shove should be ejected for and the announcers say that Lebron pushed Nazr down to the floor and then Nazr pushes him back. So if what you guys are saying is true Lebron should have been ejected as well since it is the same refs, same year, same game.

:laugh:

pd1dish
05-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Ejection was BS. Double techs would've been fine then let them continue playing. Just my opinion

i agree. i think in both cases that Nazr and Wade should have just received technical fouls and leave it at that. there was no punch or elbow thrown. not to mention the fact that Lebron flopped his *** to the ground.

the problem, like the OP said, is the lack of consistency. to me, its because Wade is a superstar and Nazr simply is not. it costs the NBA more if they toss someone like Wade.

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 11:10 AM
:laugh:

If you look at a dictionary (a reference source in print or electronic form containing words usually alphabetically arranged along with information about their forms, pronunciations, functions, etymologies, meanings, and syntactical and idiomatic uses ) and this is what it calls a push:

a: to press against with force in order to drive or impel
b : to move or endeavor to move away or ahead by steady pressure without striking
a : to thrust forward, downward, or outward
b : to cause to increase : raise <push prices to record levels>
c : to try to move beyond or expand <push one's limits>
d : to hit (a ball) toward the right from a right-handed swing or toward the left from a left-handed swing — compare pull
a : to press or urge forward to completion
b : to urge or press the advancement, adoption, or practice of <pushed a bill in the legislature>; especially : to make aggressive efforts to sell <we're pushing ham this week>
c : to engage in the illicit sale of (narcotics)
: to bear hard upon so as to involve in difficulty <poverty pushed them to the breaking point>
: to approach in age or number <grandmother must be pushing 75>

So by Websters definition and your thinking that a player that pushes another player should be ejected. Lebron along with Nazr should have both been ejected.

Hangtime
05-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Are we forgetting that Lebron got a tech for his reaction to the foul. Mohammed actually got what he wanted. Then he screwed up with his own retaliation. He should of let it go. He basically got mad for a hard foul he committed in the first place.

ManRam
05-11-2013, 11:19 AM
If you look at a dictionary (a reference source in print or electronic form containing words usually alphabetically arranged along with information about their forms, pronunciations, functions, etymologies, meanings, and syntactical and idiomatic uses ) and this is what it calls a push:

b : to move or endeavor to move away or ahead by steady pressure without striking
d : to hit (a ball) toward the right from a right-handed swing or toward the left from a left-handed swing — compare pull
b : to urge or press the advancement, adoption, or practice of <pushed a bill in the legislature>; especially : to make aggressive efforts to sell <we're pushing ham this week>
: to bear hard upon so as to involve in difficulty <poverty pushed them to the breaking point>

So by Websters definition and your thinking that a player that pushes another player should be ejected. Lebron along with Nazr should have both been ejected.

i truly feel sorry for you if you think those two pushes were equals.

fadahway
05-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Flopping?? Really? Am I watching the knicks?

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 11:34 AM
i truly feel sorry for you if you think those two pushes were equals.

I never said that the pushes were of equal force because frankly who gives a **** if they were or not. It was a bad call, plain and simple. They should have given both players technicals and went on with the game but the NBA makes it look like Lebron gets preferential treatment which makes the Heat and Lebron look like a bunch of *******.

Snakeyestx
05-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Nothing to see here... just good old fashioned Bill Laimbeer era basketball :D

TeamSeattle
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM
it doesn't "prove" anything. different year, different refs, different circumstances.

and the shoves weren't on equal levels. not all shoves are created equal.

So the punishment should be given out by the severity of the flop of the player then? Lebron barely moved initially then slid by his own volition another 10 ft for dramatic effect.

SwatTeam
05-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Did you just quote Webster's dictionary? Impressive.
Unfortunately, I subscribe to Newtons law of Physics. Quote those for me.

SwatTeam
05-11-2013, 11:56 AM
People here miss the whole point of the Nazr Mohammed shoving incident.

He got exactly the reaction he wanted from Lebron and then he negated it himself by being an idiot. I don't care what your interpretation of Lebron flopping/falling is. Nazr ********d up. Lebron did what anyone would have under those circumstances to regain the advantage. Sheet, if I was Lebron I would have used a razor blade I hid in my headband to open a cut above my eye to sell it even further.

THe point is, Nazr messed it up big time. The fact that people are fixated on Lebron's flop or no flop shows your blind hate for that man. Get over it.

ryang
05-11-2013, 11:57 AM
That's an ejection every time. Not sure how old the people are who disagree but in the Nba this is an ejection every time.

DumDum
05-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Lebron trolls say he whines for every call But noah and Taj are always in the refs faces after every call, If the league had 7 ft tall refs the bulls wouldn't not whine about every play. talent less thugs

TeamSeattle
05-11-2013, 12:01 PM
That's an ejection every time. Not sure how old the people are who disagree but in the Nba this is an ejection every time.

So what happens if Lebron doesn't fall over last game, it would only be a flagrant 1 and Nazr would still be playing.

ryang
05-11-2013, 12:05 PM
So what happens if Lebron doesn't fall over last game, it would only be a flagrant 1 and Nazr would still be playing.

That's what van Gundy said. He says a lot of other things that make no sence. If Lebrun doesn't fall then he probably wasn't pushed in the manner he was. Watch the replay. If you ever see that again regardless who does the pushing that player will be ejected. It's been this way for years. You can't do that period. Stupid play but who cares. Nazr wasn't going to make a difference anyways.

ryang
05-11-2013, 12:06 PM

That's what van Gundy said. He says a lot of other things that make no sence. If Lebrun doesn't fall then he probably wasn't pushed in the manner he was. Watch the replay. If you ever see that again regardless who does the pushing that player will be ejected. It's been this way for years. You can't do that period. Stupid play but who cares. Nazr wasn't going to make a difference anyways.

SwatTeam
05-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Well, Nazr hard fouled Lebron and got him to react exactly the way he wanted him to. So why can't Lebron embellish his fall and get what he wants to regain the advantage? You can't have it both way. These are not basketball plays.

Everyone who has a brain knows Joey Crawford has the quickest whistle in the league. The stupidity of Nazr to shove Bron right in front of that specific ref after he quick whistled Lebron for a technical is probably the stupidest thing Ive ever seen.

It's like good cop/bad cop. You know you can push the limits with the good cop but you better not fukk up around the bad cop. Everyone in that arena knew who that bad cop was.

DumDum
05-11-2013, 12:07 PM
jeff van Gundy needs to coach again the league needs his balding wisdom

sep11ie
05-11-2013, 12:09 PM
3 things I got from this thread:

1. LeBron flopped
2. Wade should have been ejected
3. I thought we weren't allowed to post videos?

RLundi
05-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Bron flopped.

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Did you just quote Webster's dictionary? Impressive.
Unfortunately, I subscribe to Newtons law of Physics. Quote those for me.

You ask and you shall receive:

Newton's laws of motion are three physical laws that together laid the foundation for classical mechanics. They describe the relationship between a body and the forces acting upon it, and its motion in response to said forces. They have been expressed in several different ways over nearly three centuries,[1] and can be summarized as follows:

First law: An object at rest remains at rest unless acted upon by a force. An object in motion remains in motion, and at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force. [2][3]

Second law: The acceleration of a body is directly proportional to, and in the same direction as, the net force acting on the body, and inversely proportional to its mass. Thus, F = ma, where F is the net force acting on the object, m is the mass of the object and a is the acceleration of the object.

Third law: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body.

SwatTeam
05-11-2013, 12:19 PM
You ask and you shall receive:

Newton's laws of motion are three physical laws that together laid the foundation for classical mechanics. They describe the relationship between a body and the forces acting upon it, and its motion in response to said forces. They have been expressed in several different ways over nearly three centuries,[1] and can be summarized as follows:

First law: An object at rest remains at rest unless acted upon by a force. An object in motion remains in motion, and at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force. [2][3]

Second law: The acceleration of a body is directly proportional to, and in the same direction as, the net force acting on the body, and inversely proportional to its mass. Thus, F = ma, where F is the net force acting on the object, m is the mass of the object and a is the acceleration of the object.

Third law: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body.

hahaha thanks.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 01:41 PM
LeBron going down all but guaranteed an ejection for Nazr. People can call it a flop if they wish, but no matter how big you are, getting shoved by a man Nazr's size when you don't see it coming is going to knock you way off balance, if not down to the floor.

TeamSeattle
05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
LeBron going down all but guaranteed an ejection for Nazr. People can call it a flop if they wish, but no matter how big you are, getting shoved by a man Nazr's size when you don't see it coming is going to knock you way off balance, if not down to the floor.

Yea maybe the average man but a guy Lebron's size would still only stumble a few feet. Nazr isn't even that strong to begin with. Were talking about maybe the strongest guy in the league here in LBJ.

kozelkid
05-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Ejection was not enough. He should be suspended as well. The Hard foul was way over board and was frustration for the game before which in itself is ********. On top of that Lebron defended himself and tried to force Muh off of him and then he gets pushed to the ground? Its a slap in the face to basketball...That is not basketball...That is that rough house **** we use to play when we were kids...This is professional basketball and these guys should be held to high standards. It was overboard on the foul alone...Add the push to the ground as the cherry on top and he should be ejected and suspended for the next game.

The fact that Lebron actually got a tech as well is ludicrous.

Do you realize how outrageous you sound right now. I stopped reading after suspension. Get the hell out of here with this nonsense.

There was nothing wrong with the ejection. It was a fair call. That said, I get the OP's point, but I assume they were different officiating crews? If not, then may have a point.

This isn't to say that I have zero doubt that if this was Noah, Lebron, Wade, etc. I doubt the ejection would have been necessarily called. That said, such is the NBA; it's a star-driven league and while a lot of us hate it, that's what gets the ratings unfortunately.

All that said, I'm okay with shoving, but I prefer physical basketball.

D-Leethal
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Yea maybe the average man but a guy Lebron's size would still only stumble a few feet. Nazr isn't even that strong to begin with. Were talking about maybe the strongest guy in the league here in LBJ.

I have never been shoved to the point where I fell in my life. Obviously I've never been shoved by a 7 footer, but I'm not 6'8 265. I think I've been shoved by guys bigger than me relative to the difference between Nazr and LBJ. You don't fall when you get pushed.

D-Leethal
05-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Tyson shoved Spencer Hawes the same way and only got a T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1PXpiwdGQ

The Flash
05-11-2013, 01:55 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22227275/thibodeau-says-lebron-james-flopped-on-nazr-mohammed-shove

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 01:59 PM
After play has stopped and a hard shove occurs, ejection. If play is going on and a hard shove occurs, you should have a bit more leeway. In Wade's case, should've been ejected.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Not really. If you are unprepared for it, you won't have enough reaction time to get yourself balanced. Nazr is just as big as Lebron. Did he overact? Yea, but to say he would only stumble a few feet is laughable.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I have never been shoved to the point where I fell in my life. Obviously I've never been shoved by a 7 footer, but I'm not 6'8 265. I think I've been shoved by guys bigger than me relative to the difference between Nazr and LBJ. You don't fall when you get pushed.

If you don't get prepare for it and are offbalance, yes you do. Look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzO4gCMKfDo

Artest is heavier than Ben and he got caught off balance and almost falls.

JasonJohnHorn
05-11-2013, 02:22 PM
For me, I'm watching basketball. If a guy needs to shove another player, they need to be pulled out of the game. At that point they are not playing basketball.

For guys saying not all shoves are the same, I say: So what. No all punches are the same either. Are you going to start allowing soft punches and leave guys in, but only eject them for hard punches. To me, if you shove a guy, or throw a punch, you are clearly in an unsafe frame of mind. That is not a safe work environment and the person behaving like that needs to be removed.

People want to defend Wade and say Rip threw and elbow. Wade was getting up in his space. It's called playing defence. When guys try to create space and you get that close, there is going to be contact. It does not mean you are allowed to shove him. Period.

If you are making a play on the ball, or making a basketball play (like wrapping your arms around a guy to prevent him from making the shot on a foul to get an "and one"), that is fine. You are punching somebody, or slapping somebody, or shoving them, you aren't playing basketball and you need to be taken out of the game.

Slug3
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Tyson shoved Spencer Hawes the same way and only got a T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1PXpiwdGQ

as crappy as it may be, but with 9 techs and a flagrant in game 2 and like 5 techs in game 1, I am pretty sure this series is going to be reffed way different that a regular season game. These teams are trying to really go at each other.

Slug3
05-11-2013, 02:26 PM
For me, I'm watching basketball. If a guy needs to shove another player, they need to be pulled out of the game. At that point they are not playing basketball.

For guys saying not all shoves are the same, I say: So what. No all punches are the same either. Are you going to start allowing soft punches and leave guys in, but only eject them for hard punches. To me, if you shove a guy, or throw a punch, you are clearly in an unsafe frame of mind. That is not a safe work environment and the person behaving like that needs to be removed.

People want to defend Wade and say Rip threw and elbow. Wade was getting up in his space. It's called playing defence. When guys try to create space and you get that close, there is going to be contact. It does not mean you are allowed to shove him. Period.

If you are making a play on the ball, or making a basketball play (like wrapping your arms around a guy to prevent him from making the shot on a foul to get an "and one"), that is fine. You are punching somebody, or slapping somebody, or shoving them, you aren't playing basketball and you need to be taken out of the game.

I was surprised Wade didnt get ejected.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 02:33 PM

Oh I have no problem with someone saying they viewed a flop. I only meant that if LeBron did flop, he simply took advantage of a pretty easy circumstance to indeed flop. A guy shoves you when you aren't looking, and you go down? Happens to almost everyone who has that happen to them.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 02:34 PM

A lot of people fall when they are pushed without seeing it, they are not braced for impact at all.

LJEATON26
05-11-2013, 02:41 PM

Lebron and Nazr are almost the exact same size. Lebron is listed as 6'8", 250 lbs and Nazr is listed as 6'10" 250. I'm just happy to see that they are picking on someone of the same size.

Kyben36
05-11-2013, 03:10 PM
here is my honest non homer opinion, I dont think that a shov is worthy of an ejection period, if it was a forearm or a punch 100% ejection, but the fact that he shoved him after getting throne to the ground is IMO not worthy of an ejection, technical yes.

that being said I was not upset when nazi was ejected, because I understood it, nazi should have kept his head on strait and not done that. I just think that a shov is not worthy of an ejection, I think shovs happen all the time and plenty of the time nothing is done about it, I also wish that the league would fine lebron for floping, im sorry but not way a 280 lb guy goes flying like that either.

kozelkid
05-11-2013, 03:13 PM
here is my honest non homer opinion, I dont think that a shov is worthy of an ejection period, if it was a forearm or a punch 100% ejection, but the fact that he shoved him after getting throne to the ground is IMO not worthy of an ejection, technical yes.

that being said I was not upset when nazi was ejected, because I understood it, nazi should have kept his head on strait and not done that. I just think that a shov is not worthy of an ejection, I think shovs happen all the time and plenty of the time nothing is done about it, I also wish that the league would fine lebron for floping, im sorry but not way a 280 lb guy goes flying like that either.

It's Nazr, he is not a Nazi.

That said, I completely agree with you. Shoving is not a big deal in my opinion. Punching or throwing bows is another story obviously. But that's more of a problem with the rule than this game itself. So I guess we are in full agreement.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 03:30 PM
A hard, unnecessary shove when play is not going on is worthy of an ejection IMO. The last thing we need is another Ben Wallace/Ron Artest incident. A simple shove can knock down a lot of dominos.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 03:34 PM

Lol 280? Also, shoves are worthy of an ejection if it had the intent to hurt someone after play has stopped.

Also, reported for posting an offensive word.

D-Leethal
05-11-2013, 03:36 PM
If you don't get prepare for it and are offbalance, yes you do. Look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzO4gCMKfDo

Artest is heavier than Ben and he got caught off balance and almost falls.

Well thats what I said - you backpeddle, or 'almost fall'.

A lot of people fall when they are pushed without seeing it, they are not braced for impact at all.

My original post was based on my recollection of it last night which I saw at the bar. I think it was legit, but I do think he sold it. The guy that posted the Wallace-Artest push pretty much shows what happens when your not braced for impact. You backpeddle, it takes a sell (or flop, whatever you prefer) to fall on your *** like that.

I'm not really calling that a flop though, I do think he could have prevented a fall but he let it happen to sell the call.

The flop when Noah fought thru the screen in game 2 was way worse.

D-Leethal
05-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Lol 280? Also, shoves are worthy of an ejection if it had the intent to hurt someone after play has stopped.

Also, reported for posting an offensive word.

Nazi is a real life term. Is communist offensive too? Kamikaze? Al Queda?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Well thats what I said - you backpeddle, or 'almost fall'.

No you didn't. You said stumble a few feet.

Falling down and backpedalling like 15 or so feet and almost falling is basically the same thing in terms or getting pushed since it's just whether or not how prepared you are and how well you can recover balance.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Nazi is a real life term. Is communist offensive too? Kamikaze? Al Queda?

Nah, sure he purposely did that to try and be racist.

D-Leethal
05-11-2013, 03:43 PM
No you didn't. You said stumble a few feet.

Falling down and backpedalling like 15 or so feet and almost falling is basically the same thing in terms or getting pushed since it's just whether or not how prepared you are and how well you can recover balance.

I think LeBron chose to fall, he could have backpeddled like Artest did. Either way, he was shoved and didn't see it coming, he wasn't able to prep himself and stand his ground, it was legit whether you choose to brace the impact by falling on your *** or backpeddling 15 feet.

D-Leethal
05-11-2013, 03:44 PM

Thats how the guys name is pronounced. Not everyone knows its spelled ****ing Nazr.

kozelkid
05-11-2013, 03:46 PM

First of all, clearly you have no idea what the word racist means. I suggest you start with that.

Second of all, as a fellow Bulls fan who has seen Kyben post PLENTY of times, he is one of the worst spellers this world has seen. Believe me, knowing him, that's a typical misspelling for him.

And finally, I have no idea how from the context of his post where he was being respectful, you got the notion that he was trying to label Nazr as a Nazi. You're not a mod; stop acting like one.

ajgmc59
05-11-2013, 04:19 PM
The only reason I agree with the ejection is because of him intentionally fouling LeBron first. I think this act combined with the push warranted an ejection.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 11:14 PM
First of all, clearly you have no idea what the word racist means. I suggest you start with that.

Second of all, as a fellow Bulls fan who has seen Kyben post PLENTY of times, he is one of the worst spellers this world has seen. Believe me, knowing him, that's a typical misspelling for him.

And finally, I have no idea how from the context of his post where he was being respectful, you got the notion that he was trying to label Nazr as a Nazi. You're not a mod; stop acting like one.

:laugh2:

1. I was clearly joking with that Nazr/Nazi crap.
2. How was I acting like a mod? I never once made a notion in this thread that suggest I am one.

Try again my man. Need to improve your internet skills.

kozelkid
05-11-2013, 11:14 PM
:laugh2:

1. I was clearly joking with that Nazr/Nazi crap.
2. How was I acting like a mod? I never once made a notion in this thread that suggest I am one.

Try again my man. Need to improve your internet skills.

Funny cause no one else thought you were joking nor was it funny.

I suppose that's the fall back option when you come off as a pompous ***.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Funny cause no one else thought you were joking nor was it funny.

I suppose that's the fall back option when you come off as a pompous ***.

Doesn't mean I was serious about it. Doesn't have to be funny to be someone joking/messing around. If I'm an ***, so be it. Just like you and half the people in this forum.

Still waiting on how I was acting like a mod in this thread.

kozelkid
05-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Doesn't mean I was serious about it. Doesn't have to be funny to be someone joking/messing around. If I'm an ***, so be it. Just like you and half the people in this forum.

Still waiting on how I was acting like a mod in this thread.

The notion that you were "reporting" him.

That said, if you were indeed "joking," I apologize for assuming otherwise. Stupid joke, but whatever.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2013, 11:24 PM
The notion that you were "reporting" him.

That said, if you were indeed "joking," I apologize for assuming otherwise. Stupid joke, but whatever.

If I was reporting him, that would mean I am acting like a regular user because I am looking to turn to a mod and not doing the action myself.

If I said I was banning him, that would mean I am acting like a mod.

girlsluvBeyonce
05-11-2013, 11:25 PM
grow up lebron we push and shove on these mean streetz and thats just to get to the buz ztop

kozelkid
05-11-2013, 11:27 PM
If I was reporting him, that would mean I am acting like a regular user because I am looking to turn to a mod and not doing the action myself.

If I said I was banning him, that would mean I am acting like a mod.

No, a regular user reports without needing to tell a user that he reported him. Someone who backseat mods feels the need to inform and reprimand that individual as you did.

Again, if you were "joking," this shouldn't even matter to you at this point as I was clearly wrong to make the accusation that I did.

chi-townlove1
05-11-2013, 11:46 PM
The people voting for shoves are nothing is silly... Guys have slipped just walking and pulled things...Why risk injury? That is what Shoving does. What if Lebron tears his ACL there? The Heat/James hate is in full swing...If Durant got thrown to the ground we would have 40 Nazr should get time in Prison threads for assault.

That's because Kevin Durant is a class act. Lebron is punk *** ***** who deserves the hate. Bottom line.. Not saying what naz did was acceptable. But I also would have done the same thing tbh. 1) Lebron flopped 2) he deserved the tech he got for the angry elbow and **** he did to naz 3) nazr fully deserved to be thrown out.

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Double standards. Heat should be thanking their lucky stars they aren't playing a healthy Bulls team.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-12-2013, 02:32 PM

This is what the nba has turned into. What a joke.

ChitownBears22
05-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Lol. People say the Beverly play was dirty, a basketball play. And then think Lebron should "man up it is only a shove" in this thread. Yeah he should be injected, he was looking to be tough and start a fight. Nazr is just another punk Bull, they are the Lions of the NBA. Lot of bark, but huge *******.

ChitownBears22
05-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Double standards. Heat should be thanking their lucky stars they aren't playing a healthy Bulls team.

Yeah I remember when they did 2 years ago 4-1 /series.

The Bulls are easier to beat with wittle baby Rose, he plays horrible defense and is a chucker. These guys are playing like a team with heart. They won game 1 congrats, but game two showed who they really were, and after they were humiliated they didn't show up game 3. This series is over.

JasonJohnHorn
05-12-2013, 05:20 PM

The Bulls are easier to beat with wittle baby Rose, he plays horrible defense and is a chucker. These guys are playing like a team with heart. They won game 1 congrats, but game two showed who they really were, and after they were humiliated they didn't show up game 3. This series is over.

Not sure if you noticed this, but the Bulls have been playing without Hinrich and Deng as well. It's not jsut Rose. And Deng is famous for playing great D on LBJ. If Deng was in the series, it may very easily be 2-1 or 3-0 for the Bulls. Deng is their leading scorer after all, and Hinrich if their top playmaker. To think the absesne of those two doesn't carry a huge impact on the game is to underestimate what they bring to the team.

JC_
05-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Not sure if you noticed this, but the Bulls have been playing without Hinrich and Deng as well. It's not jsut Rose. And Deng is famous for playing great D on LBJ. If Deng was in the series, it may very easily be 2-1 or 3-0 for the Bulls. Deng is their leading scorer after all, and Hinrich if their top playmaker. To think the absesne of those two doesn't carry a huge impact on the game is to underestimate what they bring to the team.

If the Bulls were completely healthy the dynamics would be different and the Heat could "very easily" be up 3-0 right now. When players are injured it can change the identity and dynamics of a team. For all we know, the Heat might have come into the series playing completely different against a healthy Bulls team. Yes, the Bulls would "technically" be better than they are now but as we've seen before, the Heat play a lot different depending on the people on the floor for the other team.

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2013, 11:40 PM

The Bulls are easier to beat with wittle baby Rose, he plays horrible defense and is a chucker. These guys are playing like a team with heart. They won game 1 congrats, but game two showed who they really were, and after they were humiliated they didn't show up game 3. This series is over.Herp derp

True Sports Fan
05-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Yep get them out of the game. These guys are role models for the young kids playing the game and they can't see their idols running around shoving players and getting away with it. If they see players getting away with this sort of play, then they will start to do it in the Junior leagues..... I agree here, but whose idol is Nazr :laugh2: