PDA

View Full Version : Hawks after Van Gundy...actually help with Dwight?

GThawks
05-11-2013, 12:44 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9263591/atlanta-hawks-target-stan-van-gundy-coach-report

Slug3
05-11-2013, 12:52 AM
So is Howard playing that song "you don't know what you got...... Till its gooooone!"

dhopisthename
05-11-2013, 12:59 AM
I thought dwitght got him fired?

dhopisthename
05-11-2013, 12:59 AM

JasonJohnHorn
05-11-2013, 01:20 AM
Even if the two are on good terms now, it was less than a year ago that SVG was fired and little more than a year ago when SVG announced that Dwight had requested he be fired. I can't imagine that the two would look forward to working with each other. I can see SVG willing to do it, but I think both would be hesitant about it.

KniCks4LiFe
05-11-2013, 01:24 AM
:laugh2:

stawka
05-11-2013, 06:34 AM
Who the ****'s that in your sig now K4L?!

ragee
05-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Even if the two are on good terms now, it was less than a year ago that SVG was fired and little more than a year ago when SVG announced that Dwight had requested he be fired. I can't imagine that the two would look forward to working with each other. I can see SVG willing to do it, but I think both would be hesitant about it.

This but SVG is perfect for Dwight.

HouRealCoach
05-11-2013, 09:37 AM
They just need to go ahead sign CP3 & Dwight and then they will be stacked enough for Phil Jackson to coach them

ManRam
05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
the great mr. west once said, and I quote:

"They claim you never know what you got 'til it's GONE"

maybe dwight gets it now. SVG is a top 5 coach in the NBA and knew how to get the most out of dwight.

*Silver&Black*
05-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Either this comes with Dwight or not, I'm glad if the Hawks could get SVG.

waveycrockett
05-11-2013, 01:41 PM
This does the exact opposite of helping them

hugepatsfan
05-11-2013, 02:19 PM
SVG is a ****** coach IMO. He's great at knocking guys off their high horse when they need to be but he sucks at calming them down when things are going bad. Both are equally important.

Lake_Show2416
05-11-2013, 04:06 PM
the Hawks already have a slim to none chance of getting Dwight so i think getting Stan Van would be a great move for them even if it assures Dwight not going there, Stan Van's a good coach that could add some heart into a team that seems to have been very forgotten year after year

Minimal
05-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Well getting Stan is a great move for Hawks even if they don't get Dwight. Stan actually led his team to the Finals just a couple of years ago, and the team wasn't that elite I would say. So if they somehow get Dwight and CP3 in the package with Stan, they might be the new super team.

Bonus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rztY0oxObXI

ATL-ALL-DAY
05-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Obviously I'm a Hawks fan so HOPEFULLY it all works out. I'm hoping SVG does manage to bring in D12 which I would then hope Ferry could tell Josh "look, we can't sign you to a max contract, BUT, we got Dwight and we're gonna make a push for CP3 and we'd love to keep u in a Hawks uniform"

CP3
????
Josh Smith
Al Horford (at his REAL #4 spot)
D12

But you may have noticed the many uses of the word "HOPE"... And being a Hawks fan my whole life it's all I've had... Hope

Lol

ManRam
05-11-2013, 09:45 PM
SVG is a ****** coach IMO. He's great at knocking guys off their high horse when they need to be but he sucks at calming them down when things are going bad. Both are equally important.

:laugh:

salmonleg
05-11-2013, 09:53 PM
The Hawks are making a mistake in forgetting that Dwight is as chock-full of crap as anyone on this planet. He never wants to be viewed as the bad guy so he takes whatever position with the press that he thinks will make him look more mature. Then he always screws it up because he's just not smart enough to pull off the act. I'm guessing he truly hates Stan and, using his 10-year old mentality, is gonna decide he never wants to team up with him again. If they have any kind of success Stan gets credit for Dwight pulling his act together and Dwight ain't gonna let that happen. Of course, all we'll ever hear when someone sticks a mic in his face is what a solid dude SVG is...

hugepatsfan
05-12-2013, 01:23 AM
:laugh:

I don't see what's so funny. His own players have called him out for it.

Vinny642
05-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Smith has to go if you want CP and Dwight

rockbottom2010
05-12-2013, 01:56 AM
stan made dwight howard into a star...and i guess they peaced it out....

*Silver&Black*
05-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Obviously I'm a Hawks fan so HOPEFULLY it all works out. I'm hoping SVG does manage to bring in D12 which I would then hope Ferry could tell Josh "look, we can't sign you to a max contract, BUT, we got Dwight and we're gonna make a push for CP3 and we'd love to keep u in a Hawks uniform"

CP3
????
Josh Smith
Al Horford (at his REAL #4 spot)
D12

But you may have noticed the many uses of the word "HOPE"... And being a Hawks fan my whole life it's all I've had... Hope

Lol

No way we get all 4 of those guys contract-wise. If anything Smith walks, and I'm ok with that. No way we give up Horford just to bring back Smith. CP3, Howard, and Horford would be a nice 3.

Then again, I don't see any of this happening, just letting it play out.

naps
05-12-2013, 03:19 AM
I would love to see both in Atlanta. Even if Dwight doesn't come Stan will be a great move going forward for the Hawks. Stan is a very good coach.