PDA

View Full Version : Worst Fans in the NBA?

CubsBullsBucs
05-10-2013, 01:02 AM
This is obviously completely opinion based, but who are the worst fans in the league?

Criteria: stupidity, attendance, & annoyance

Dont just vote for what team you hate. Who have you noticed has the worst fans

el hidalgo
05-10-2013, 01:07 AM
stupidity: knicks
attendance: heat (lousy before the big 3)
annoyance: kobe fans

st5f5n5
05-10-2013, 01:09 AM
lakers home crowd sucks.
kobe fans r a bit arrogant
stupidity: Brooklyn fans

Guppyfighter
05-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Gotta be the Lakers. Knicks fans attendance while sucking helps them here.

DreamShaker
05-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Tough to judge. I know some really good people, and on here, really good posters of almost every team. Obviously the better teams are going to have a fair share of obnoxious fans, and teams like the Bobcats and Wizards have less to brag about. To me, fans who are stuck on certain players tend to bug me more. Guys who are biased and have no real reason why guys are better than others guys. Yaknow?

lol, please
05-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Seattle was going to be my choice, but since they aren't there I voted for Denver, seeing their arena empty during the playoffs. Then I realized I should have voted for the Lakers. :facepalm:

DreamShaker
05-10-2013, 01:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

There is the attendance numbers by years from ESPN.com. Kings dead last. But the Kings had crazy loyal fans not too long ago. The owners just screwed the fan base over and over. As a Rockets fan, I wasn't hugely impressed by the crowds I saw this year.

lol, please
05-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Rockets get a pass because WSG lives in FL. If he was able to attend, his mere presence would fill the arena.

shep33
05-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Worst fans... I can't even answer this. Every team has a bunch of idiot fans

J4KOP99
05-10-2013, 01:30 AM
You mean who has the worst home crowd? Subjects like "annoyance" are too vague and biased.

Daze9900
05-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Def agree with stupidity on the part of New Yorkers. What makes the attendance thing so bad is that it allows Dolan to continue not giving a **** and constantly raising ticket prices and making worse personnel moves. To top it all off is that New York is a melting pot of front runners so while the Knicks sucked *** the past two decades whenever big name teams came into town you could easily find the Garden filled with up to 40 percent people cheering for Kobe, Lebron KD and whoever else comes through. Then they flood them out with that organ play and music. Now that New York finally has a winning team surprise surprise everybody a Knick fan and the expectations are ridiculous.

naps
05-10-2013, 01:34 AM
This ain't gonna be pretty. Will get ugly soon.

Poll doesn't have my answer :(

b@llhog24
05-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Lakeshow.

ThaDubs
05-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Kings only fill 13k seats on average at home games? Good lord that's pathetic...

LongIslandIcedZ
05-10-2013, 01:42 AM
One of the few times the Knicks terribleness for so long actually helps their cause in a poll. All those sellouts for such terrible teams is a real testament to the fans.

Cal827
05-10-2013, 02:07 AM
This ain't gonna be pretty. Will get ugly soon.

Poll doesn't have my answer :(

Sorry Naps, Kobephiles are protected from this one :D

SugeKnight
05-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Gotta be ATL. No life in that arena.

seikou8
05-10-2013, 03:01 AM
knicks fans are the worse man

mngopher35
05-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Worst fans... I can't even answer this. Every team has a bunch of idiot fans

Pretty much this. Every team has "good" and "bad" fans, some just have more total fans so they have more of each kind.

VendettaRed07
05-10-2013, 03:26 AM
Whats the point of this thread?.. Theres no way to actually even back up any arguements that can be made for anything, and Will lead to nothing but fighting and trolling.

seikou8
05-10-2013, 03:41 AM
Whats the point of this thread?.. Theres no way to actually even back up any arguements that can be made for anything, and Will lead to nothing but fighting and trolling.

welcome to psd my friend

Guppyfighter
05-10-2013, 04:16 AM

Laker fans are by the most self-entitled, toxic fan base in the entire league.

NYYCowboys
05-10-2013, 05:43 AM
Voted for the Heat, but the Nets are a close second. Most fans just like them because they're hipsters, or wanna-be thugs who know nothing about basketball, but think are cool because they are from Brooklyn. I'm from NY, and can't say I honestly know one knowledgable Nets fan.

PhillyFaninLA
05-10-2013, 06:25 AM
I may run my mouth from time to time but I won't touch this topic...however I will say most fans are true and great fans...then you have the loud bousterious one's that make fan bases look bad.

Its the vocal minority and not the majority of any fan base that is the problem.

MackShock
05-10-2013, 06:32 AM
For some reason, I see hornets home games empty. Not to say they are the worst but I don't think they have a loyal fan base..

DaLakerz Rulz
05-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Gotta be the Lakers. Knicks fans attendance while sucking helps them here.

How can that be the deciding factor? Lakers attendance has been the same (sold out) even when they are sucking.

Knicks21
05-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Watching when Taj Gibson got ejected to see some 60 year old retiree, probably used to be a Knick fan jawing off at Taj as he is getting restrained by security is the sort of thing I hate. Fans who cant see the other side of the story, that constantly give the opposition grief and cant understand or give credit when it is due. Its delusional.

Im not going to vote because every fan base has its bad eggs. But the above example is the sort of thing I despise.

ATX
05-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Fans are fans in every city in every sport across America. Some are respectful, some are casual, some are die hard, some are a holes, some are disgusting, some are beautiful, some are obese, some are in shape, some are Arican American, some are Caucasian, some are intelligent, some are pathetic, some show up an hour before game time, some show up casually late, some like hot dogs, some like popcorn. Fans are fans man...I think it's rather ignorant trying to single out a single base.

D-Leethal
05-10-2013, 08:16 AM
How can that be the deciding factor? Lakers attendance has been the same (sold out) even when they are sucking.

You still had Kobe Bryant to sell out. We had Crawford and Curry.

D-Leethal
05-10-2013, 08:22 AM
I vote Miami, they are frontrunners, most of them weren't fans before 2010 again. They don't even show up to games until the second quarter, couldn't even sell tickets with an all star team, only get loud when prompted or a LeBron dunk goes down, talk smack like they have been with the Heat through the tough times and last but not least, they had to start a FAN UP campaign to teach their idiot ticket buyers how to properly root for a team at a sporting event:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/544/050/miami_fan_up2_display_image.jpg?1291809303

jon32
05-10-2013, 08:25 AM
why NY, Bos, Chi, Den and GS ? I hate some of those fans but not because they dont show up or are stupid.....I hate their teams and find them annoying but how does that make them the worste fanbases? wouldnt that make them the best since they get under my skin ???

jon32
05-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Also why do the Knicks always fill 96% ? or MSG I guess cuz they only fill 96% with Rangers games too......are there seats they just dont sell or somthing ? Its hard to believe that place wouldnt be at 100% capacity

koreancabbage
05-10-2013, 09:00 AM
This is like the flavour of the month. look at all those Miami Heat hates. Do they even have enough fans to hate on? Which ever team is doing well, their fanbase is going to get hated on no matter what. Thats really when the homers show up and sometimes bangwagon fans - though not all band wagon fans are bad - just the extreme ones)

Lakers - prolonged success. It will dwindle down when they decide to start a rebuild.

ATX
05-10-2013, 09:07 AM
I vote Miami, they are frontrunners, most of them weren't fans before 2010 again. They don't even show up to games until the second quarter, couldn't even sell tickets with an all star team, only get loud when prompted or a LeBron dunk goes down, talk smack like they have been with the Heat through the tough times and last but not least, they had to start a FAN UP campaign to teach their idiot ticket buyers how to properly root for a team at a sporting event:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/544/050/miami_fan_up2_display_image.jpg?1291809303

Your hate Miami agenda has been noted for years. You and your fan base is better than everyone elses, and especially Miami right!? I hope your proud of yourself, your fanbase, and in particular your bias.

BklynKnicks3
05-10-2013, 09:12 AM
New york and iam a knickfan everything is a knee jerk reaction over here. Team sucks team is beating maimi/ Lin is the chinese Jordan/trade Melo/ Melo mvp/trade melo. People change their mind like the wind not all but many in fact to many

BklynKnicks3
05-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I actually heard people say that this is jr smiths team during that tear he was on lol

JordansBulls
05-10-2013, 09:16 AM

This. Especially the part about becoming fans in 2010 in July and also the attendance.

BklynKnicks3
05-10-2013, 09:22 AM
This. Especially the part about becoming fans in 2010 in July and also the attendance.

they are not even real fans at least 90% of them. Look on psd i saw one heat fan who has a account before 2010.

ManRam
05-10-2013, 09:24 AM
who cares

Daze9900
05-10-2013, 09:26 AM
One of the few times the Knicks terribleness for so long actually helps their cause in a poll. All those sellouts for such terrible teams is a real testament to the fans.

lol read my post; no it's not. Cuz nearly 35-40 percent of the people there come to root for the other team; and the best way to show an owner you want to win is to not show up to the games. The fans that kept coming in there are the main reason why Dolan rather play music with his band than manage his organization the right way and why whether they suck or not he really doesn't care.

ghettosean
05-10-2013, 09:28 AM
There is only one fan base that had "U MAD" sigs all over this site a few years ago so I have to give stupidity and arrogance as #1 to them and i'm not surprised at all they are currently leading the polls.

Slug3
05-10-2013, 09:37 AM
they are not even real fans at least 90% of them. Look on psd i saw one heat fan who has a account before 2010.

So its safe to say you were not a Knicks fan till November 2010 correct?

Jarvo
05-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Lakers & Knicks yucckkk lol

D-Leethal
05-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Your hate Miami agenda has been noted for years. You and your fan base is better than everyone elses, and especially Miami right!? I hope your proud of yourself, your fanbase, and in particular your bias.

I don't like frontrunners. I make that very clear. I've been through the dog days with my team and felt the pain.

I am proud of my fanbase, we were voted best fans in the NBA by basketball prospectus.

BklynKnicks3
05-10-2013, 09:54 AM
So its safe to say you were not a Knicks fan till November 2010 correct?

knicks where a .500 team then if that what u want to think lol. I actually used to post on ****** for like 10 years but my account got suspended 'google jcrawford11 on real gm' n see everything that comes up.

Snakeyestx
05-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Funny how the top two are generally the two cities that probably also sell the most per-game tickets.

Per attendance, it's clearly Charlotte - that whole city seems to have given up on their team.

Slug3
05-10-2013, 10:27 AM
knicks where a .500 team then if that what u want to think lol. I actually used to post on ****** for like 10 years but my account got suspended 'google jcrawford11 on real gm' n see everything that comes up.

I am sorry, but your account here says Nov 2010. So by your standards you were not a Knicks fan till then.

OceanSpray
05-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Miami. Lots of bandwagon fans and you also have an arena filled quiet as hell.

BklynKnicks3
05-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I am sorry, but your account here says Nov 2010. So by your standards you were not a Knicks fan till then.

nothing about being a knick fan at that time says front runner we where .500

MrfadeawayJB
05-10-2013, 10:44 AM
ATL fans are the worst, so fair-weathered. Any bandwagon fans are ****ing annoying. Also fans that are ignorant

Hawkeye15
05-10-2013, 10:45 AM
going back to my theory. Every team has roughly 15% of their fans that are irrational homers that are completely annoying. Therefore, the teams that have the most fans stick out due to sheer numbers of those pathetic fans. So obviously the Knicks and Lakers take the cake, to no fault of their own, it's just that they have a ton of fans in that 15% versus a small number of fans in lets say, Cleveland's 15%.

THE MTL
05-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I dont think its a particular team but more like particular player's fanbase. Kobe Bryant has to have the most ******** fan base along with Derrick Rose's fanbase.

ManRam
05-10-2013, 10:51 AM
going back to my theory. Every team has roughly 15% of their fans that are irrational homers that are completely annoying. Therefore, the teams that have the most fans stick out due to sheer numbers of those pathetic fans. So obviously the Knicks and Lakers take the cake, to no fault of their own, it's just that they have a ton of fans in that 15% versus a small number of fans in lets say, Cleveland's 15%.

yup.

most fan bases are essentially the same, except for the size of said fan base. obviously some a bit more passionate than others, but mainly that has to do with success. give the timberwolves the knicks roster, and wolves fans on the whole would act quite similarly to knicks fans as a whole. it's not that cut and dry, but for the most part it probably is.

fans of players tend to be what drive me more nuts than fans of teams. fanboys of players kinda stink.

BigBlueCrew
05-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Damn Filomena Tobias would be so proud of this poll :nod:

still1ballin
05-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Heat fans.

They cheer when they win, when they lose, they are no where to be seen

Muttman73
05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Subjective, so many ways to go with this ...

Hawkeye15
05-10-2013, 11:22 AM
yup.

most fan bases are essentially the same, except for the size of said fan base. obviously some a bit more passionate than others, but mainly that has to do with success. give the timberwolves the knicks roster, and wolves fans on the whole would act quite similarly to knicks fans as a whole. it's not that cut and dry, but for the most part it probably is.

fans of players tend to be what drive me more nuts than fans of teams. fanboys of players kinda stink.

I do get more annoyed but fans of players than fans of teams. No doubt.

Slug3
05-10-2013, 11:24 AM
nothing about being a knick fan at that time says front runner we where .500

Well everyone seems to generalize heat fans and the date they joined. I mean I'm sorry, but I was looking all over the Internet for rumors and this seems literally like the best site so I joined a week or so before the decision. At the time I wasn't so worried about Lebron joining Miami as I was with worrying about Wade leaving. Every fan base has those few fans that are a little over the top and too much.

NYKnickFanatic
05-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Surprised Miami is leading this. Didn't know they had actual "fans".

NYKnickFanatic
05-10-2013, 11:40 AM
According to George Hill, Indiana has the worst fans.

BklynKnicks3
05-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Well everyone seems to generalize heat fans and the date they joined. I mean I'm sorry, but I was looking all over the Internet for rumors and this seems literally like the best site so I joined a week or so before the decision. At the time I wasn't so worried about Lebron joining Miami as I was with worrying about Wade leaving. Every fan base has those few fans that are a little over the top and too much.

how come you are not a laker or warriors fan or even clippers your from cali?

bucketss
05-10-2013, 12:14 PM
kobe fans.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-10-2013, 12:19 PM
This is obviously completely opinion based, but who are the worst fans in the league?

Criteria: stupidity, attendance, & annoyance

Dont just vote for what team you hate. Who have you noticed has the worst fans

Triple crown by Miami.

bucketss
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Laker fans: obnoxious when they win, remind you of the past when they lose.

Minimal
05-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Charlotte

PhillyFaninLA
05-10-2013, 12:33 PM

He could be living in Cali and from somewhere else. I lived in Cali for 7 years and I'm a Sixers fan.

BKdoubleStacker
05-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Laker fans: obnoxious when they win, remind you of the past when they lose.

lolll

Pretty sure we got a bandwagon heat fan right here. You really make your fan base on here look bad.

And yes, we do have some idiot fans ourselves.

naps
05-10-2013, 12:49 PM
lolll

Pretty sure we got a bandwagon heat fan right here. You really make your fan base on here look bad.

And yes, we do have some idiot fans ourselves.

bucketss is a Raps fan but you think anyone who doesn't fall in love with Kobe is a Heat fan and Lakers hater :laugh2:

smith&wesson
05-10-2013, 12:56 PM
fans run the business...

Kashmir13579
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
This is the correct answer, but i voted Miami because i don't like most of them i've spoken to. :cool:

ChitownBears22
05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
No fan base is really the worst. The worst fans of every team can be found on PSD though.

krazylegz
05-10-2013, 01:06 PM
picked miami because they are fair weather

ChitownBears22
05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
picked miami because they are fair weather

Really name a time period in which people didn't congregate around the best. Every team has fair weather fans. I know quite a few loyal Miami fans, its just not the greatest sports city, because you know there is **** to do in Florida, unlike OKC or other places.

Slug3
05-10-2013, 01:19 PM

I never believed in having to be a fan of the team from where you are from. I really liked Zo so when he went to Miami I became a fan then and haven been since that time. I'm also a Deteoit Lions fan. So it's clear I am not a fan of anyone in CA. Lol

ChitownBears22
05-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh and my poll selection is Chicago. Every ref is out to get them, they never foul, and they are always fouled every play. They claim they are a physical team and ***** about the refs when they get called fouling. They are illogical and they just seem bias and uneducated.

That is based off of a few members here, fans at United when I go there, and whenever I listen to Chicago sports radio.

ChitownBears22
05-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I never believed in having to be a fan of the team from where you are from. I really liked Zo so when he went to Miami I became a fan then and haven been since that time. I'm also a Deteoit Lions fan. So it's clear I am not a fan of anyone in CA. Lol

But you must be a fair weather fan because the Lions have been a dominate force for the past 30 years. lol PSD logic.

LA_Raiders
05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Heat, it's full of bandwagon

ChitownBears22
05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Heat, it's full of bandwagon

Yeah LA has zero bandwagon fans lolololololololololololololololol

Slug3
05-10-2013, 01:26 PM
But you must be a fair weather fan because the Lions have been a dominate force for the past 30 years. lol PSD logic.

Lol. We were alright in the 90s and then it was nothing but uphill and Super Bowls from there.

ChitownBears22
05-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Lol. We were alright in the 90s and then it was nothing but uphill and Super Bowls from there.

Exactly. I usually write off anyone who calls me a fair weather fan or bandwagon fan. If that was the case I would have left the Bears fanbase in 99 when they drafted Cade. I only started watching the HEAT because I lived in Florida and tickets were cheap.

SoFreshNsoClean
05-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Voted for the Laker/Kobe fans just because of how obnoxious they can be online and in real life. I have never seen a fanbase more entitled and delusional at times then Laker fans. Only other fanbase I could compare would be the New England Patriot fan base. This is not a knock on either franchise its just the fans that piss me off sometimes.

Khri
05-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I can't really takes this poll serious and neither should anyone. It's pretty obvious that the majority are voting for the Heat because of their sucess. There is no way Heat fans are worst than Knicks fans or Lakers fans.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-10-2013, 02:09 PM
bucketss is a Raps fan but you think anyone who doesn't fall in love with Kobe is a Heat fan and Lakers hater :laugh2:

Lol, both of you are Heat fans. So go away troll.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah LA has zero bandwagon fans lolololololololololololololololol

Yeah we have Bandwagon fans, but La is huge so it's going to happen no matter what. We also have the most faithful fans too, as you can see:up:

Pakman
05-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Voted for the Laker/Kobe fans just because of how obnoxious they can be online and in real life. I have never seen a fanbase more entitled and delusional at times then Laker fans. Only other fanbase I could compare would be the New England Patriot fan base. This is not a knock on either franchise its just the fans that piss me off sometimes.someone is jelly of all the winning the other fans get to experience. :)

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Voted for the Laker/Kobe fans just because of how obnoxious they can be online and in real life. I have never seen a fanbase more entitled and delusional at times then Laker fans. Only other fanbase I could compare would be the New England Patriot fan base. This is not a knock on either franchise its just the fans that piss me off sometimes.

Seems like you hate the most winning franchises in their sport the last decade.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-10-2013, 02:13 PM
someone is jelly of all the winning the other fans get to experience. :)

:laugh: :hi5:

BKLYNpigeon
05-10-2013, 02:20 PM
The Warriors have the best fans in the NBA.

TopsyTurvy
05-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Worst: 76ers (when they show up)
Best: Utah or OKC

PhillyFaninLA
05-10-2013, 02:34 PM
:laugh: :hi5:

For the record, this here is why so many people don't like Laker fans, this attitude is what is common among the vocal minority of Laker fans and makes your entire fan base look condesending and smug.

edit:

I want to add when I lived in LA I saw that same attitude from most of the fans, but now that I'm back on the East Coast the 2 Laker fans I work with are extrememly intelligent, humble, down to earth people.

bucketss
05-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Yeah we have Bandwagon fans, but La is huge so it's going to happen no matter what. We also have the most faithful fans too, as you can see:up:

most faithful to kobe.

bucketss
05-10-2013, 02:50 PM
someone is jelly of all the winning the other fans get to experience. :)

not much winning going on lately though:whistle:

Slug3
05-10-2013, 03:11 PM
For the record, this here is why so many people don't like Laker fans, this attitude is what is common among the vocal minority of Laker fans and makes your entire fan base look condesending and smug.

edit:

I want to add when I lived in LA I saw that same attitude from most of the fans, but now that I'm back on the East Coast the 2 Laker fans I work with are extrememly intelligent, humble, down to earth people.

That is how some Laker fans are, when they are good they cant shut up. When they are bad, they cant shut up about how good they use to be. They just dont shut up.

HoodedSB
05-10-2013, 03:24 PM
I think it's kind of funny when knicks fans bring up their attendance and sell outs in response to threads like these. Did you guys forget you live in the biggest city in the country? Of course you are selling out every game lol.

I don't think any teams fans are more annoying fans than any other. I think the OKC fans are dorky for wearing those stupid playoff t-shirts, I guess, but they aren't bad fans or anything. I almost voted for my teams fans, the lakers, because of all the annoying bandwagon fans who are inexplicably laker fans even though they didn't grow up in southern california.

TheIlladelph16
05-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Since this is an entirely subjective discussion, IMO....

Lakers. It's really not even close in terms of being the most arrogant, smug fans. Lakers fans are like Yankees and Cowboys fans not located near those respective cities. People simply latch onto them because they have a historic tradition. One of my best friends from rural *** PA is a Yankees, Lakers and Chiefs fan because he is simply a early 2000's bandwagon fan.

In my experience they are the worst. However, Hawk put it best in this thread with his 15% theory. It's really a numbers game, and a team like the Lakers are going to attract a huge number of fans (read: stupid, bandwagon fans) thus making their number of idiots look larger.

broncofangene
05-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Ill have to go with the heat, Nuggets are a close second though.

LA_Raiders
05-10-2013, 03:48 PM
I only started watching the HEAT because I lived in Florida and tickets were cheap.
Ok

Heatcheck
05-10-2013, 03:56 PM
stupidity: knicks
attendance: heat (lousy before the big 3)
annoyance: kobe fans

Might want to check your numbers before you just repeat what you hear

Heatcheck
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
The Warriors have the best fans in the NBA.

they are definitly top 3. they love basketball over there

Mudvayne91
05-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Ill have to go with the heat, Nuggets are a close second though.

How do you figure? I won't try to make it out like we're top 10, but there are many worse as far as annoyance, attendance and a combination of the two.

Heatcheck
05-10-2013, 04:00 PM
i know its impossible for you to understand that but he apparently doesnt equate other peoples success as his own, just because he's from the city on the jersey.

Beltrans Mole
05-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Knicks are by far the worst. They hate good basketball, won't pay money for good seats and show a lack of passion.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-10-2013, 04:04 PM

edit:

:violin:

Mudvayne91
05-10-2013, 04:05 PM
i know its impossible for you to understand that but he apparently doesnt equate other peoples success as his own, just because he's from the city on the jersey.

Is this a response in regards to my comment? And if so, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-10-2013, 04:06 PM
most faithful to kobe.
Kobe plays for what team?

not much winning going on lately though:whistle:

Yeah only 5 ships in 12 years.

broncofangene
05-10-2013, 04:19 PM
How do you figure? I won't try to make it out like we're top 10, but there are many worse as far as annoyance, attendance and a combination of the two.

I'm talking attendance and loyalty. When the lakers are in town half the arena belongs to them. You can get a ticket anytime for under face value and it doesn't get popular until after football season. I wouldn't call many nugs fans annoying but they're definitely homers with low nba IQ

JC_
05-10-2013, 04:32 PM
At this point in time..

stupidity + annoyance = Knicks
attendance = probably Atlanta

If I had to guess, I would say most of the people who voted for Miami are Knicks fans. Yes, there are some cocky Miami fans on psd but it's not completely blind homerism like some of the stuff i've seen on here.

Bruno
05-10-2013, 04:52 PM
poll results: most of the knick, bulls and laker fans voted for miami. everyone else split their votes between miami, la and NY.

Bruno
05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
not one vote for OKC.

DetroitBadBoy
05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm actually surprised Detroit doesn't have a vote lol..,Malice at the Palace and attendance is low now because the people here in Michigan only hop on the bandwagon when teams are good.

Mudvayne91
05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm talking attendance and loyalty. When the lakers are in town half the arena belongs to them. You can get a ticket anytime for under face value and it doesn't get popular until after football season.
I do agree with some of what you're saying. However, I think you're vastly underestimating that there are the same issues with many of the teams and at a worse rate. I mean, the Nuggets have essentially been middle of the pack as far as attendance #s/sell out rate is concerned. I don't see how you can overlook 10+ teams that are averaging 1,000-4,000 seats less and 10-20% less of the stadium being filled and consider those teams to be more loyal.

edit - switched it up on me! IDK, man, I think the low iq stuff is somewhat relative. For example, I know a fair amount of Laker fans here and in real life. I would say the majority of them are absolutely homers and very uniformed. I could ask them to name more than 5 players on the team and half wouldn't be able to do it, but yet, they claim to be huge fans. None of this is to say that all Laker fans are uninformed homers. You know what I mean?

broncofangene
05-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I do agree with some of what you're saying. However, I think you're vastly underestimating that there are the same issues with many of the teams and at a worse rate. I mean, the Nuggets have essentially been middle of the pack as far as attendance #s/sell out rate is concerned. I don't see how you can overlook 10+ teams that are averaging 1,000-4,000 seats less and 10-20% less of the stadium being filled and consider those teams to be more loyal.

edit - switched it up on me! IDK, man, I think the low iq stuff is somewhat relative. For example, I know a fair amount of Laker fans here and in real life. I would say the majority of them are absolutely homers and very uniformed. I could ask them to name more than 5 players on the team and half wouldn't be able to do it, but yet, they claim to be huge fans. None of this is to say that all Laker fans are uninformed homers. You know what I mean?

I agree bro I haven't checked the attendance records in a while. I went to a jazz home game back in the 90s and that place was ten times louder than Pepsi. Just get disappointed when I see Golden State's atmosphere compared to ours in the playoffs. I still believe we're bottom ten but not second worst.

goingfor28
05-10-2013, 06:06 PM
i say miami are the most fair weather, but not just for the heat. miami fans in general, heat, marlins, dolphins, the U. seem to disappear unless their team is on top

Avenged
05-10-2013, 06:13 PM
not one vote for OKC.

These guys are going off what they see on PSD. How many OKC fans are there? About 2? 1 isn't even a die hard OKC fan, and the other I'm thinking of is not active.

The top 3 in the poll are of a fan base that has a lot here on PSD so it's not a surprise. If this place had 30+ Pelican fans (for example), they would be leading the vote.

tredigs
05-10-2013, 07:56 PM
These guys are going off what they see on PSD. How many OKC fans are there? About 2? 1 isn't even a die hard OKC fan, and the other I'm thinking of is not active.

The top 3 in the poll are of a fan base that has a lot here on PSD so it's not a surprise. If this place had 30+ Pelican fans (for example), they would be leading the vote.

When I think of "best and worst fans", the only thing I think about and really all that matters is how well the city supports the team at the arena. That's the way fans affect the game. OKC fans do that tremendously well, that stadium roars.

sunnyice
05-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Laker fans are the worse, they boo their team even tho it has given their city so many championships. And also because of the ignorant kobephiles.

DumDum
05-10-2013, 08:41 PM
kobe's trashy fanbase I respect real laker fans

Heatcheck
05-10-2013, 09:11 PM
its not, I forgot to put in the quote.

Heatcheck
05-10-2013, 09:12 PM
see I did it again

Heatcheck
05-10-2013, 09:15 PM
double

Heatcheck
05-10-2013, 09:15 PM
i say miami are the most fair weather, but not just for the heat. miami fans in general, heat, marlins, dolphins, the U. seem to disappear unless their team is on top

Go check the attendance records the last 10 years...especially when we won like 17 games, and compare that to teams like Indiana (who always get their nuts pulled on because they are such great fans.)

maddBat
05-10-2013, 09:39 PM
the votes on nj/brooklyn is thanks 2 dmf lol ur presence is felt

dee279
05-10-2013, 09:48 PM
For some reason, I see hornets home games empty. Not to say they are the worst but I don't think they have a loyal fan base..

I actually live very close to New Orleans and actually dont know of many Hornets/Pelican fans. When they start winning though, everybody will be a Pelican fan. That's how it happened with the Aints. Ooopps i mean Saints. They won a SB and everybody was a Saints fan for life.

maddBat
05-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I actually live very close to New Orleans and actually dont know of many Hornets/Pelican fans. When they start winning though, everybody will be a Pelican fan. That's how it happened with the Aints. Ooopps i mean Saints. They won a SB and everybody was a Saints fan for life.

eh id actually root for the pelicans. just bc they have the best team name

dee279
05-10-2013, 10:01 PM
eh id actually root for the pelicans. just bc they have the best team name

I actually like their logo and colors. That is where the like ends though. Id probably pick them as my franchise on 2k14 and use their jersey on 2k on Blacktop though.

zn23
05-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Not surprised Lakers and Heat fans at the top.

I'll give the Lakers fans some credit though, they stay around even when their team is doing poorly. The Heat fans were MIA, no pun intended, from 2007-2010, and then all of a sudden more appeared out of nowhere.

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Miami

effen5
05-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Florida in general have terrible fans. This includes Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami.

DumDum
05-10-2013, 11:41 PM
somebody else picked Utah , I did just giggles :D

Hawkeye15
05-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Not surprised Lakers and Heat fans at the top.

I'll give the Lakers fans some credit though, they stay around even when their team is doing poorly. The Heat fans were MIA, no pun intended, from 2007-2010, and then all of a sudden more appeared out of nowhere.

when have the Lakers been bad? Please answer in relative terms, understanding that virtually every other team would cream their pants at the rosters they have had in the last 30+ years.

zn23
05-11-2013, 03:19 AM
when have the Lakers been bad? Please answer in relative terms, understanding that virtually every other team would cream their pants at the rosters they have had in the last 30+ years.

From 2005-2008 the Lakers were pretty miserable...

Smush Parker and Kwame Brown starting really says it all.

Even during that stretch the Lakers fans were still annoying, and cocky and arrogant lol.

The Heat fans are just miserable when their team is sucking.

--23--
05-11-2013, 05:01 AM
The worst fans are the bandwagon fans.

TestedWest
05-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Every team has their fair share of bad apples. The worst fans to me have to be Chicago, Miami, New York, LAL

Chicago- while the fans are loud and committed, they showed a complete lack of class yesterday. Every time Lebron falls they start cheering which is just simply heartless and classless. I'm not taking a shot at bulls fans but they need to consider Roses injury and bad karma.

Miami- considering I've been a Heat fan since 2002, I honestly can't stand all the new fans since 2010. Sure I'm glad we sell out and have the support, but that spirit is petty when I think of the many games I went before the big 3 era to where there were few fans in the stands. I can't blame the city though, as mentioned above unfortunately the state of Florida just has crappy fans in general due to the sun and an unexplained lack of support for their sports teams.

New York- ridiculously aggressive fans, extreme homerism at times. There are good fans too, but most of the Knicks fans are just blind to other teams most of the time.

LAL- classless, no respect for other teams and what they have accomplished to get to that point. They are also spoiled and some don't appreciate Kobe and his legacy yet some do the opposite and are total Kobe homers. It's bad either way.

MonroeFAN
05-11-2013, 11:47 AM
why is this topic still open?

Gators123
05-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Nothing worse than a Laker fan that lives in Cleveland and has never even been to California.

RLundi
05-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Miami has the worst fans in sports.

LA is a close second.

DumDum
05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
the worst fans are the ones who have no idea what their talking about ,i.e .....99.9 % of PSD's nba forum

RLundi
05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Florida in general have terrible fans. This includes Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami.

Orlando only has 1 team, and the Magic always do well in attendance. I agree on Miami and Jax, but don't lump them in all together.

Rush
05-11-2013, 12:20 PM
This wasn't a good idea. Another baiting thread.