PDA

View Full Version : I love Chris Webber as a commentator

heyman321
05-09-2013, 12:08 PM
He brings energy to the game, he actually knows what he is talking about and doesn't spew ******** or mumble like Barkley or Shaq. Plus, he makes a great duo with that other guy who he's been commentating with on TNT, the games have been consistently enjoyable. His outros when the scoreboard comes up and right before they go to commercial are just spot on.

Anyone else??

MarkieMark48
05-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Agreed, but he was one of my fav players, so I didn't know if there was some homerism on my part

BHF
05-09-2013, 12:21 PM
good player but annoying as hell as a commentator hate listening to him just hate it

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
growing on me as a commentator. But Dick Stockton is horrible...just too old. I swear he doesn't know wtf is going on half the time.

ManRam
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
stockton is way too old. he butchers a ton of stuff.

i like webber too. who would have thought 20 years ago that the fab 5 would have produced two of the better NBA color guys. i think jalen is solid for what he is asked to do as well.

MrfadeawayJB
05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
growing on me as a commentator. But Dick Stockton is horrible...just too old. I swear he doesn't know wtf is going on half the time.

I've always liked dick Stockton but I agree he's losing his touch

JiffyMix88
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I wish Dick Stockton/Hubie Brown could get some of the players name correct half the time. If they're gonna have a age limit for the drafties than the should have a age limit for the commentators(62 is my number)

D-Leethal
05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
The play by play guys are severely lacking probably more than color guys. I don't really like CWebbs delivery but he adds quality insight. Dude puts me to sleep though. Need some more energy with that crew. You can say hat about pretty much every crew though.

Minimal
05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Jeff Van Gundy is my favourite. He is a smart man with great knowledge of basketball and he always says what he thinks. You can actually learn a lot when you watch his games.

C_Mund
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
I started out hating C-Webb because at first used his position on TV to basically talk about how much he loved and hated teams. He praised all of the usual suspects while claiming that nobody cares about the small-mid markets and I'm pretty sure he alienated a lot of fans, being on a National broadcast.

But since then he's learned a lot about his craft and recognized that while there's room for opinion, you can't act like you're better than the viewers because they're the ones that determine whether or not your job is secure. As far as calling the game, he's methodical and well spoken and doesn't jump into the middle of game calling like Reggie, who I can't stand.

DreamShaker
05-09-2013, 01:05 PM
stockton is way too old. he butchers a ton of stuff.

i like webber too. who would have thought 20 years ago that the fab 5 would have produced two of the better NBA color guys. i think jalen is solid for what he is asked to do as well.

Not to mention Juwan Howard being an elder statesman for a championship team. The media kinda painted them as ignorant street thugs. Far from the truth.

Webber is great. I have enjoyed him in every role that the Turner people have put him in.

Weezy
05-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Jeff Van Gundy is my favourite. He is a smart man with great knowledge of basketball and he always says what he thinks. You can actually learn a lot when you watch his games.

Its because he should be coaching. :)

pacofunk64
05-09-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't hate Webber as an announcer but I think he's boring to be honest. He must be new right? I think once he gets comfortable it'll start to flow much better. He has the knowledge but it's just putting it all together which will come in time I think.

D-Leethal
05-09-2013, 01:24 PM
I also think its up to the play-by-play guy to provide the energy. Mike Breen is by far the best at that. Tirico is meh. Harlan is just over the top and sounds stupid. Rest all suck balls.

Kobe2324
05-09-2013, 02:07 PM
big fan of cwebb and jalen, two player I didnt really care for when they played but I really enjoy as commentators, def more so than Reggie.

lol, please
05-09-2013, 02:13 PM
He's not bad, I miss Mark Jackson though.

STAT1
05-09-2013, 02:17 PM
When going through a replay Webber rely's too much on "The defender says.... But (insert offensive player) says..." If that makes any sense.

Avenged
05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
He's good. Only ones I really can't stand are Reggie Miller and Doris Burke.