PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Andris Biedrins?

NeverSayNevur
05-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I remember he used to be so good back then. Now he doesn't even get minutes. What happened in between?

Leandres_sf
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
No confidence.

ThaDubs
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
He's a worthless piece of **** who makes an unbelievable amount of money while doing absolutely nothing but practice basketball with some of the greatest players and athletes on earth and getting courtside views of NBA games.

sf-fanatic
05-09-2013, 12:29 AM
He stopped going to the strip club with ODP

bigmac8675
05-09-2013, 12:37 AM
He kept getting injuries, then lost his confidence. Now he is merely a guy who is just happy/content collecting his paycheck and never seeing a minute on the court. He is too scared to play in a real game, so he just sits there quietly and doesn't ask for minutes because all he cares about at this point is the paycheck and living the lifestyle of an NBA player without actually being one.

winwarriorslose
05-09-2013, 12:56 AM
He got an ankle injury...it all went down from there...he had a double doulbe in the third quarter he got the injury in too...then ya, lost all confidence. He's a seven footer who won't even put up a shot under the basket lol

MackShock
05-09-2013, 12:57 AM
He gets head in the back of cars.

Guppyfighter
05-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Lock this.

lol, please
05-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Beans. :laugh2:

TrueFan420
05-09-2013, 03:16 AM
He stopped going to the strip club with ODP

I think you mean started

bigmac8675
05-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Lock this.

You mean lock this like Beans is a lock down defender? Sure.... lol

TrueFan420
05-09-2013, 03:25 AM
You mean lock this like Beans is a lock down defender? Sure.... lol

Naw lock this like ODP started it

bigmac8675
05-09-2013, 03:27 AM
But why? We haven't had a good "rip on Andris" thread in a while. It's due...

winwarriorslose
05-09-2013, 03:28 AM
**** you andris we want you to opt out of your stupid *** contract...BE GONE so we can hit the finals next year and win it...if not this year. yolo dubs, yolo.

MackShock
05-09-2013, 03:35 AM
beans up!

bigmac8675
05-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Andris "The Machine" Biedrins>>>>> ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

WestCoastSportz
05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Andris had the benefit of playing with guys that actually passed him the ball like Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson. Both penetrated and passed to Biedrins to give him easy buckets. They both knew that keeping the big man involved would help this team. As soon as Jackson left and Monta took over, AB didn't get to see the ball at all. Then you throw in Stephen Curry. There wasn't anyone that can make plays like Davis or Jackson on this roster. He went from a 12 point, 11 rebound guy to 5 points and 5 rebounds.

lol, please
05-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Guppy is right, this should be locked merely based on the fact that this is a thread created for Beans. He doesn't deserve that.

NeverSayNevur
05-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Wow, I'm rather surprised at the hostility you guys show towards him.

lol, please
05-09-2013, 11:56 PM
You're right. We should be grateful for the payroll he is consuming and the moss that has grown around his seat on the bench that continues onto his shorts because he is in it more often than he isn't. Thanks Beans, we don't want someone better than you and more productive than you, we want you, in fact we should pay you more to do what you do. Beans is a hypeman like bazemore, except not funny, and with less skill and potential. Plus he kicks it with Over da Pence at stripclubs. Enough said.

MackShock
05-10-2013, 12:10 AM
N we all praised him during the few game stretch... Made ODP look like a genius lol. But all the hype died down n things returned to normal. I guess you can say that was an outlier

lol, please
05-10-2013, 12:14 AM
lol not even. He wasn't dropping double doubles or anything. If he dropped a triple double I would call it an outlier.

MackShock
05-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Well it was an outlier compared to his play for the whole season

lol, please
05-10-2013, 01:20 AM
What play. :laugh: Playing Angry Birds Rio on his cell phone on the bench?

MackShock
05-10-2013, 01:59 AM
yeah hahaha exactly

Guppyfighter
05-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Mibs said the team was better with Biedrens on the floor compared to Bogut. He based this off of 30 minutes of one game.

I think that's thread worthy in itself. Can we make a thread dedicated to Mibs saying that?

MackShock
05-10-2013, 04:38 AM
No..

lol, please
05-10-2013, 05:00 PM
lol better with beans over Bogut? That's like wwl saying we are better without Lee. :laugh2:

MackShock
05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Leave the guy alone. Chances are he was high AF when he made that comment.. And no matter how functional one can be in that state of mind, they will still say some stuff they don't mean from time to time.

Everyone has to remember at that point we only saw Bogut for like four games. And that was at the beginning of the season.. So for that short stretch that biedrins had good play, of course it looked better than Bogut at the time.

Guppyfighter
05-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Leave the guy alone. Chances are he was high AF when he made that comment.. And no matter how functional one can be in that state of mind, they will still say some stuff they don't mean from time to time.

Everyone has to remember at that point we only saw Bogut for like four games. And that was at the beginning of the season.. So for that short stretch that biedrins had good play, of course it looked better than Bogut at the time.

Everyone else knew but him that Bogut was obviously better.

lol, please
05-11-2013, 07:45 PM
There exists an alternative universe where the Dubs are always tanking, Monta is a star, Lee and Bogut suck, and Beans is an All-Star.

MackShock
05-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Everyone else knew but him that Bogut was obviously better.

agreed...except bogut couldnt even play..so of course biedrins was going to make more of an impact just by sheerly being on the floor.

bigmac8675
05-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Andris for 2014 All Star game... I'm starting that campaign and following now!

BKLYNpigeon
05-12-2013, 11:49 PM
He's a worthless piece of **** who makes an unbelievable amount of money while doing absolutely nothing but practice basketball with some of the greatest players and athletes on earth and getting courtside views of NBA games.

haha,

you guys were all about Biedrins in 2007-2008, and defended that contract. I remember you guys even saying he was better then Amare at the time. this is what you Warriors fans do...

Gush over Warriors Rookies the first few years, overrate them, and when they dont pan out. you hate them.

ie, Anthony Randolph,

BKLYNpigeon
05-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Heres what really happened to Biedrins,

- He got injured
- lost his confidence
- Don Nelson is to be blamed a bit.

I think the main reason was Baron Davis. BD really kept Biedrins involved in games with his dribble penetration and dish of for the easy dunks. etc. Biedrins best year as a warrior was in 2008. Last year of BD.

Guppyfighter
05-13-2013, 12:04 AM
haha,

you guys were all about Biedrins in 2007-2008, and defended that contract. I remember you guys even saying he was better then Amare at the time. this is what you Warriors fans do...

Gush over Warriors Rookies the first few years, overrate them, and when they dont pan out. you hate them.

ie, Anthony Randolph,

Biedrens actually used to be good.

I remember an article way back from Hollinger complaining about Don Nelson not playing him enough.

Guppyfighter
05-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Heres what really happened to Biedrins,

- He got injured
- lost his confidence
- Don Nelson is to be blamed a bit.

I think the main reason was Baron Davis. BD really kept Biedrins involved in games with his dribble penetration and dish of for the easy dunks. etc. Biedrins best year as a warrior was in 2008. Last year of BD.

He was good in 09 too actually. This is wrong.

bigmac8675
05-13-2013, 12:59 AM
The Beans made an appearance today!!! What a boss! lol

winwarriorslose
05-13-2013, 01:49 AM
BEANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS he easily has one of THE sauciest/premier haircuts in the entire league.

Leandres_sf
05-13-2013, 05:00 AM

ie, Anthony Randolph,

I'm not sure what this has to do with Biedrins? He was develop for a few years, years 3-6 in his career he was a very good center in the league, and then he fell off the face of the planet. The situation you described above didn't actually happen. He was no longer a rookie, or a prospect. He went from very good, to very bad quickly.

MackShock
05-13-2013, 06:30 AM
leave it to beaver

BigWheel
05-13-2013, 11:40 AM
haha,

ie, Anthony Randolph,

I only checked into the forum to agree with the quote below because it has legs.
So true how some GSW fans act like they know it all, but when it comes to actual real facts you show your immaturity and lack of basic team knowledge with every post.

Having followed the 1975 Championship team, and a season ticket holder for 2007 Season and Playoff games I have as much insight as any of the fantasy GM's out there.

Andris Biedrins was a huge part of the 2007 Playoff run - using his soft hands to drop in more BDiddy and Stack Jack pick-and-roll dunks than most players get a chance at. During the early stages of his career he played very good basketball and EARNED LESS THAN $600,000 a year (which is chump change for an NBA player). Andris busted his ***, got pounded by the opposition as our only big man, and never complained once. It was the crappy GSW management that over-payed him the huge contract...... but the franchise (and its bandwagon fan base) were afraid of losing him. Many of the more astute NBA fans gasped at the contract, and crossed our fingers in hope. The rest of the story is how he suffered several injuries including an Appendectomy, and serious back issues. From there Andris let his confidence dwindle and performance hit the tank.
Now the real kick in the butt for the AB haters - your new leadership (Lacob, meyers) had every opportunity to cut Andris and his contract via the amnesty clause in 2011... but elected to get rid of Charlie Bell for a mere $10Million dollars on a Two-Year contract. OOOPS!
So if you are *****ing about Andris still being on the team - it is not entirely his fault!

Supporting Article:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-steinmetz/nba-mailbag-amnesty-charlie-bell-still-hurts

On a positive note:
From the same time frame..... Lets cheer on the PSD Forum fans who relentlessly called for GSW management to trade for DAVID LEE - they made a great case for him then, and it has certainly panned out. MANY of the same forum fans blasted the idea of the David Lee trade because he was slow, over rated, and un-sexy from a fan perspective.

If you want people to respect your Basketball IQ - than be a front runner on an issue like the David Lee trade.... and quit dredging up old news like Andris Biedrins, which is the fault of your management team... not the player or person you are *****ing at!!!

Maybe all Andris is now is a good practice partner - but that is so much better than being a tempermental diva and team cancer like GSW has had so many times in the past (SJackson, BDiddy, Monta, etc).... and they all made just as much money dragging us down.

Go Warriors!

Chromehounds
05-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Hey we're 1 -0 with Biedrins in the playoffs! Take that to the bank.:dance:

lol, please
05-13-2013, 10:03 PM
My browser or PSD STILL will not let me quote, and no restarting is not an option because I will lose all my tabs even with the correct settings, but great post BigWheel, thanks for sharing.

MackShock
05-13-2013, 11:23 PM
@BigWheel

It was Larry Riley's call when he was GM. If you don't know the situation, we would have NO CENTER ON OUR ROSTER at all if we amnestied him.

Put it this way: you needed to amnesty somebody in order to make a run at Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan. They were both considered longshots at best, so why would you get rid of the only center on your roster in order for just the chance to sign another? It virtually makes no sense. Also, Bell was more expendable since he was 3rd point guard vs 1st string center.

yes, I know we could have amnestied Biedrins and signed Kwame Brown anyways, but they had to take a shot at two top free agent centers with as little risk as possible.

Scenario: amnesty Biedrins, Chandler goes to NY and Jordan gets matched by Clips, we sign Kwame, then he gets injured. Now what? The fact is, Biedrins gave us the best chance to win, even though it was a tank season, but it didn't start out that way.

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 01:12 AM
I would have been okay with no centers on our roster if it mean amnestying Biedrens.

lol, please
05-14-2013, 01:31 AM
^ Agreed.

MackShock
05-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Then we would have had no shot at the playoffs even though Mark Jackson guaranteed them. He wasn't going to let that happen.

winwarriorslose
05-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Beans is getting five boards tomorrow. BEANS IS GOING TO STEP UP...or at least, when somebody makes a shot...he'll be shooting ODP's texts about what titty bar to hit up after the game while standing up. He's a true professional. Handles both the business on and off the court at ALL times. Again, I must say, BEANS has THE $@uC13$T H@1RD00$ in the GAME.