PDA

View Full Version : Masai Ujiri will be named the NBA's executive of the year.

spreadeagle
05-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Great move of my Raps to let this guy slip away :eyebrow: good for him though, hes been a great GM so far

Masai Ujiri will be named the NBA's executive of the year.

Ujiri, general manager of the Denver Nuggets, put together a roster that won 57 games.

The Nuggets were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs in six games by the Golden State Warriors.

Ujiri became GM of the Nuggets in 2010 after a stint with the Toronto Raptors as their Director of Global Scouting.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_23202657/masai-ujiri-be-named-nba-executive-year-nuggets

D-Leethal
05-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Just glad it wasn't Morey. Masai had as good a case as anyone. Hopefully Grunwald got some love.

Weezy
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Well deserved. Congratz!

justinnum1
05-08-2013, 10:34 PM
It was either him or morey. No one else was deserving.

D-Leethal
05-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Based on how the award is given out, Morey wasn't deserving either. You don't win this award for setting yourself up with a future, you get it based on results.

Swashcuff
05-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Just glad it wasn't Morey. Masai had as good a case as anyone. Hopefully Grunwald got some love.

Why?

smith&wesson
05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
A lot of love for a coach and gm whos team just lost to a lower seeded team in the first round lol

THE MTL
05-08-2013, 11:05 PM

Shut the hell up. That was clearly a shot against the Knicks. To say grunwald is not deserving or even for consideration is ignorant. STFU.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2013, 11:07 PM
A lot of love for a coach and gm whos team just lost to a lower seeded team in the first round lol

It's a regular season award dude. He deserves it. Not his fault that Gallo went down, Faried suffered an ankle sprain right before the playoffs, and that Bogut was taken off the vagina list, and Curry decided to become the love child of Jimmy Chipwood and Larry Bird for a week.

Well deserved.

Mudvayne91
05-08-2013, 11:09 PM

Although I don't feel like Karl winning is that preposterous, Masai Uriji winning this one is absolutely fair and deserved. But yeah, it's a bit odd..... I will say by the way the Warriors are playing the Spurs right now, it doesn't appear losing to the Warriors is such a blackeye after all.

bholly
05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
I would've preferred Morey, but can def live with Ujiri. Great GM so far.

AWC713
05-08-2013, 11:22 PM
def. think award shouldve gone to morey for THIS YEAR.

i mean...all the wheeling and dealing he did to land harden? asik for 8 mil a year? lin has exceeded expectations in his 1st full pro year...PICKING UP PATRICK BEVERLY FROM GREECE?

and picking up delfino when no one else did?

he lead the youngest team in 2013 to the playoffs....despite the tragedy behind sasha mchale...

however, this award is 100% joke. spurs GM has NEVER won it, and they're the most winning sports franchise in the past 15 years.......

GiantsSwaGG
05-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Well deserved. Him and Grunwald were my top 2. Heat fans saying Riley should be considered it laughable lol

king4day
05-08-2013, 11:55 PM

Former Suns GM Lance Blanks and his signing of Beasley and hiring of 'no head coach experience' Lindsey Hunter says hello :)

WhiteSoxGod
05-09-2013, 01:13 AM

Cuz Morey enjoys ****ing the Knicks like the Yale Dean on an 18 yr old cheerleader applicant

Daryl Morey probably should have gotten it but Ujiri did a great job as well. Grunwald......LOL

dalton749
05-09-2013, 02:11 AM
lol silly raptors keeping colangelo over him

Guppyfighter
05-09-2013, 02:13 AM
Good choice, finally.

Him and Lebron are the only correct choices so far.

akesh99
05-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Shut the hell up. That was clearly a shot against the Knicks. To say grunwald is not deserving or even for consideration is ignorant. STFU.

You are stupid.

naps
05-09-2013, 02:35 AM
My pick was Daryl Morey but I can live with Ujiri winning it.

Well deserved. Him and Grunwald were my top 2. Heat fans saying Riley should be considered it laughable lol

Where did a Heat fan say that? Man, you are always looking for a fight.

VendettaRed07
05-09-2013, 02:57 AM
I love me some Grunwald but didn't deserve to win this year imo. Close but no cigar. He made a couple of poor moves that took him down a bit.

Bringing back Felton was a great move, Prigioni has been great, Kidd gave the team a lot during the regular season.

The Lin situation was a disaster. Why he just never gave lin an offer, Ill never know.. Saying lets wait for someone to make an offer and test the market and then not match when someone did was incredibly stupid. He should have sucked it up and matched because it was his own fault that the offer ever got nearly as high as it did. If he gave a similar deal to him that he gave to Novak he would have signed it instantly. There was no reason to choose between Lin and Felton.

Novak, Camby and Kidd got too many years on their deals. Held onto hoping that Sheed and Thomas would make a comeback, but ended up cutting them and we missed out on a lot of great players that could have filled their roles and got us more wins.

Overall, to knicks fans, Grunwald is good, but he only looks better because of how incompetent every GM we've had for over a decade has been. Walsh sucked too I don't care what anyone says. Grunwald is the first in a long time of making logical decisions and not a bunch of nonsense or easily getting ****ed in trade offers, or w/e

5ass
05-09-2013, 02:58 AM
It's a regular season award dude. He deserves it. Not his fault that Gallo went down, Faried suffered an ankle sprain right before the playoffs, and that Bogut was taken off the vagina list, and Curry decided to become the love child of Jimmy Chipwood and Larry Bird for a week.

Well deserved.

The warriors' second best player (Lee) was injured for most of the series, and so was curry for a few games, so every injury excuse the Nuggets have is almost irrelevant, especially considering how the Nuggets are praised for their depth. Maybe its just me, but I never saw the Nuggets as legit contenders in the west.

sunsfan88
05-09-2013, 03:28 AM
How did Morey not win this? Him signing Harden, Asik, acquiring Beverely, etc all triumph anything the Nuggets move did this year.

The only move the Nuggets did this season was trading Nene for McGee...and even that was like done a while back.

If this award is based on what a GM did this year (hence Exective of the "Year") then Morey should have won it cause Morey did more this year than Nuggets GM.

dalton749
05-09-2013, 03:48 AM
iggy..

UKBronco58
05-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Well done, Masai. Well deserved.

Now give this man a long *** extension.

Knicks21
05-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Cuz Morey enjoys ****ing the Knicks like the Yale Dean on an 18 yr old cheerleader applicant

Daryl Morey probably should have gotten it but Ujiri did a great job as well. Grunwald......LOL

I dont see how its laughable.

He did a ripper job, id like to see you provide a weak argument stating otherwise.

Green_Monster
05-09-2013, 08:06 AM

What did Grunwald do to be deserving of this award?

Greet
05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Wow, really thought Morey should have won this. Ujiri a close second though.

I can see if Grunwald was maybe a name thrown around a little bit, but not a real contender for this award.

Vinylman
05-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Based on how the award is given out, Morey wasn't deserving either. You don't win this award for setting yourself up with a future, you get it based on results.

so Denver had better results? Last time I checked they both lost in the first round of the playoffs. Of course, Houston played a better team while Denver lost to a lower seed...

solid logic

as for longer term, I would much rather have morey's roster and more importantly his cap

KnickFanSince91
05-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Who knew trading for Iggy could you win you Exec of the year?

Vinylman
05-09-2013, 09:57 AM
The warriors' second best player (Lee) was injured for most of the series, and so was curry for a few games, so every injury excuse the Nuggets have is almost irrelevant, especially considering how the Nuggets are praised for their depth. Maybe its just me, but I never saw the Nuggets as legit contenders in the west.

bingo... isn't it interesting how the losing team always makes excuses yet ignores that the winning team had just as many injury problems

BklynKnicks3
05-09-2013, 10:02 AM
well deserved he got iggy for nothing. agree with all the awards except mvp

Hawkeye15
05-09-2013, 10:03 AM

again, its a regular season award, you have to remember that. He lost a so called superstar in a trade, and was able to build a team that finished 3rd in the west quickly.

29$JerZ
05-09-2013, 10:05 AM
My vote would of been for Grunwald but he is just as deserving.
Morey loss his shot when the draft pick he stole from the Knicks turned into a bust Royce.

KnickFanSince91
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
again, its a regular season award, you have to remember that. He lost a so called superstar in a trade, and was able to build a team that finished 3rd in the west quickly.

So is the award retro active now?

29$JerZ
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
What did Grunwald do to be deserving of this award?

Jason Kidd, Pablo Prigioni, K-Mart, Copeland, Raymond Felton
Along with the fact the Knicks went from a slightly above .500 team to a 54 win team.
He deserved it the most out of every team in the East.

lamzoka
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM

Grunwald's team is still in the playoffs, while Ujiri and Morey are both playing golf right now. so i dont see why u LOLing here.

all that being said well deserve by Ujiri.

BklynKnicks3
05-09-2013, 10:36 AM
So is the award retro active now?

so called? lol Not everyone can be a true superstar like Kevin love

ManningToTyree
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Well deserved. Grunwald had a case but this was a good choice. Morey made a ton of moves but that doesn't earn you this award. The team overall didn't improve all that much. He set up the rockets for a bright future but this is an annual award and can't be given out based on future expectations.

FYL_McVeezy
05-09-2013, 11:48 AM
the thread is about the nugs GM winning GM of the year (Congrats) but this thread will turn into Morey vs Grunwald...

:facepalm:

sunsfan88
05-09-2013, 12:30 PM
So Morey acquires James Harden....and Ujiri acquires Igoudala and yet Ujiri deserves it?

Do people actually think Igoudala is better than Harden?

BklynKnicks3
05-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Harden is better but he got iggy for nothing.

Greet
05-09-2013, 01:28 PM
My vote would of been for Grunwald but he is just as deserving.
Morey loss his shot when the draft pick he stole from the Knicks turned into a bust Royce.

Of course you would have voted for Grunwald lol

5ass
05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Harden is better but he got iggy for nothing.

well he's also either about to lose him for nothing or overpay him for a long time.

Clippersfan86
05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Clippers GM runner up two years in a row. Not bad for a team that supposedly doesn't care about winning. Last year Bird got it over Olshey, this year Denver's guy who's only significant move was the Iggy trade got it over our guy who brought in 7 new quality players.

I personally feel Morey deserved it. He pulled off a FAR bigger trade than what Masai did AND he did a great all around job getting guys like Asik.

1. Morey
2. Sacks
3. Ujiri

Should have been the results.

blahblahyoutoo
05-09-2013, 02:53 PM
ygpm.

Clippers GM runner up two years in a row. Not bad for a team that supposedly doesn't care about winning. Last year Bird got it over Olshey, this year Denver's guy who's only significant move was the Iggy trade got it over our guy who brought in 7 new quality players.

I personally feel Morey deserved it. He pulled off a FAR bigger trade than what Masai did AND he did a great all around job getting guys like Asik.

1. Morey
2. Sacks
3. Ujiri

Should have been the results.