PDA

View Full Version : Was the Bosh hate in Toronto justified?

Chronz
05-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Some say he left Toronto on just as bad terms as VC did. I know it was based on the injury thing but is that really enough to tarnish his stay? They didn't accomplish much but is it really justified to hate on the guy? I cant help but think how Hakeem would have been remembered if his career unfolded in the digital age. Cleared to play but sits out during a crucial playoff run that utlimately cost them a chance at the post season.

RLundi
05-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Do people really hate him as much? I don't think so. For supposedly being so polite, Canadians can get downright nasty. They spit at T-Mac once when he came back with Orlando. I don't think Chris Bosh has acquired spit-worthy hate.

Cal827
05-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Nah, unfortunately he was a scapegoat for BC's failure as a GM. He said that he wanted to make the playoffs or else he would test the market. We missed them, and he checked into MIA. He played very hard, but the team around him wasn't enough. If he did resign, we probably would end up hating him even more because we would just look at him and blame him for our constant stagnant at the 6-8 seed in the East.

I had no issues with him here, and had no issues when he left. He played hard here, he was good in the community.

So to answer your question, I don't think so.

bucketss
05-08-2013, 07:24 PM
one of the main reasons i dislike him, is that he was a attention seeker. after he signed with miami he came back on canadian national tv for interviews, and he would always bring up how he hated the fact he was never on national tv. and now he is happy that he can finally be "watched".

bucketss
05-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Nah, unfortunately he was a scapegoat for BC's failure as a GM. He said that he wanted to make the playoffs or else he would test the market. We missed them, and he checked into MIA. He played very hard, but the team around him wasn't enough. If he did resign, we probably would end up hating him even more because we would just look at him and blame him for our constant stagnant at the 6-8 seed in the East.

I had no issues with him here, and had no issues when he left. He played hard here, he was good in the community.

well he did pretty much quit on the team after the allstar break, to me it looked he was making sure toronto doesn't trade him, than he just quit his mind was on the crazy 2010 free agency.

Cal827
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
"Making sure Toronto doesn't trade him" is a terrible excuse to me. If he hadn't resigned by then, then BC should have been shopping him. I'm sure some teams were offering good players, without the assurance that he would resign. Even before the contract year, I believe a few teams like Golden State, and Chicago were interested.

And I've never really understood that he quit on the team. Looking at his stats in the 17 games from the Injury against Memphis (Feb 17, 2010) to That Golden State Game (Didn't include the Cleveland game after cause he suffered the facial fracture in the first minute), he averaged 24.0ppg, 9.6rpg, and 2.6apg on around 50% shooting. He was doing his job (at least in my opinion), to try and get this team into the playoffs. Explain to me how that's quitting. I do understand the rebounds per game was a little low, compared to how he ended. I know that missed lay-up is stuck in many of our minds, but he can't be blamed for the team absolutely choking in the final games that allowed Chicago to pass us.

He didn't act like a Baby while being here. He resigned here when he thought we were moving in a winning direction. I can't blame him for leaving after BC constantly was dropping the ball. He saw an opportunity to join another star with Cap Space to make movement to Improve. Even if Miami didn't sign Lebron, they had cap space to build some good players Around Wade and Bosh. They were heading to contention either way. I'm glad he went to a team that was going to contend, than to some bottom feeder team with cap space that would only marginally be better.

JC_
05-08-2013, 09:10 PM

I agree with this for the most part. The guys who dislike Bosh are the gossip queens who judge everyone by what they read on twitter. Bosh played his *** off for Toronto.

koreancabbage
05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
no, I still like him as a player. BC did a bad job in surrounding him with good two way wing players and an actual decent center.

Tony_Starks
05-08-2013, 09:28 PM
If Torronto couldn't figure out there was no way in hell he was going to stick around there and be mired in mediocrity then they should be mad at themselves...

bucketss
05-08-2013, 09:31 PM
"Making sure Toronto doesn't trade him" is a terrible excuse to me. If he hadn't resigned by then, then BC should have been shopping him. I'm sure some teams were offering good players, without the assurance that he would resign. Even before the contract year, I believe a few teams like Golden State, and Chicago were interested.

he was making it seem like he was going to resign, its hard to trade a guy that says this.

“I don’t want to be mentioned as an addition to a team,” Bosh recently told NBA Entertainment. “I want to be mentioned as the guy that people want to center their team around.”

“I’m not an addition. I’m a centerpiece,” he said. “I have to have that confidence in myself, and I want people to know that, because I’m not somebody that helps out. I’m the guy you get like, ‘Yo, we’re going to win a championship, you’re gonna take us there.’

“I want to hold onto that because I think every kid when they dream about playing basketball, they don’t dream about being a role player. They dream about being the man. I have that position in Toronto and to give that up and go somewhere else to be an addition would kinda defeat the purpose of my dreams.”

bucketss
05-08-2013, 09:33 PM
And I've never really understood that he quit on the team. Looking at his stats in the 17 games from the Injury against Memphis (Feb 17, 2010) to That Golden State Game (Didn't include the Cleveland game after cause he suffered the facial fracture in the first minute), he averaged 24.0ppg, 9.6rpg, and 2.6apg on around 50% shooting. He was doing his job (at least in my opinion), to try and get this team into the playoffs. Explain to me how that's quitting. I do understand the rebounds per game was a little low, compared to how he ended. I know that missed lay-up is stuck in many of our minds, but he can't be blamed for the team absolutely choking in the final games that allowed Chicago to pass us.

He didn't act like a Baby while being here. He resigned here when he thought we were moving in a winning direction. I can't blame him for leaving after BC constantly was dropping the ball. He saw an opportunity to join another star with Cap Space to make movement to Improve. Even if Miami didn't sign Lebron, they had cap space to build some good players Around Wade and Bosh. They were heading to contention either way. I'm glad he went to a team that was going to contend, than to some bottom feeder team with cap space that would only marginally be better.

watching him you could see he wasn't himself, he was taking some many jumpers and just taking it easy. bryan colangelo also said he was milking injuries and was sitting out when he was cleared to play.

dtmagnet
05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
You said it yourself Chronz, he was cleared to play but he sat out even though we were fighting to hold onto our playoff spot. It's obvious to me he had already talked with Wade and Lebron at the all-star weekend about teaming up and decided not to risk his big chance to get out of Toronto with a max contract.

ghettosean
05-08-2013, 10:08 PM
You said it yourself Chronz, he was cleared to play but he sat out even though we were fighting to hold onto our playoff spot. It's obvious to me he had already talked with Wade and Lebron at the all-star weekend about teaming up and decided not to risk his big chance to get out of Toronto with a max contract. Lol... This but still i have next to no hate for Bosh... He played out his contract and left which is more than I can say for VC.

Slug3
05-08-2013, 10:15 PM
God Bosh is on Miami and I hate him.

DallasTrilla23
05-08-2013, 10:20 PM
he was making it seem like he was going to resign, its hard to trade a guy that says this.

“I don’t want to be mentioned as an addition to a team,” Bosh recently told NBA Entertainment. “I want to be mentioned as the guy that people want to center their team around.”

“I’m not an addition. I’m a centerpiece,” he said. “I have to have that confidence in myself, and I want people to know that, because I’m not somebody that helps out. I’m the guy you get like, ‘Yo, we’re going to win a championship, you’re gonna take us there.’

“I want to hold onto that because I think every kid when they dream about playing basketball, they don’t dream about being a role player. They dream about being the man. I have that position in Toronto and to give that up and go somewhere else to be an addition would kinda defeat the purpose of my dreams.”

well he mad gave up on his dreams.

Avenged
05-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Agree with the guy that said he was an attention seeker. I remember when he was making those stupid video's of himself trying to get people to vote for him as an all-star starter.

I never really hated him though, and still don't. He's actually under appreciated.

DumDum
05-08-2013, 10:31 PM
nah

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm a Raps fan. VC was a bum. That was extremely unprofessional. McGrady leaving bothered me, because I felt like the team had invested a lot in him and that he owned them something in return. Drafting him that high out of highschool and giving him the ball as much as they did, and putting him on the floor when he wasn't ready to develop. That said, though it did leave a bad taste in my mouth, I wasn't upset about that the way I was upset with VC's exit.

No Bosh, I had absolutely no problem with. He busted his @$$ off when he was here, he worked out hard in the offseason, worked the glass (harder than he does for Miami) and he didn't make any promises about staying. He was very clear that he was going to test the market and see what was available for him. Coangelo failed to put a contender around Bosh (he could have had Hibbert and Granger playing with Bosh but he made the wrong moves) and Bosh went onto a better opportunity. I mean, you get a chance to play with LBJ and Wade in Miami? It's hard to pass that up. Plus, I understand it is hard for some Americans to adjust to life in Canada, even though Toronto is about as great as any US city outside of perhaps Chi-town, LA and NY.

Bosh is good in my book. If I was a Heat fan I'd be p!$$ed he's not rebounding as well as he should though... lol.

ThuglifeJ
05-09-2013, 01:24 AM
it's justified, and I dont think Toronto fans dwell on it a ton so it's not a big deal.
Honestly I always thought they 'over-hated' him at first because they wanted to move on from hating VC..but we/they realized that's not the same.

VC will always be Raptor fans favorite player and also least favorite player.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-09-2013, 01:54 AM

He was cleared to play. So why didn't he?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-09-2013, 01:55 AM

I think MLSE was pushing to resign Bosh, not trade him.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Can't say I blame him for leaving so can't really boo him for that. But people in Toronto boo everyone that underperforms or doesn't want to be here.

DumDum
05-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Agree with the guy that said he was an attention seeker. I remember when he was making those stupid video's of himself trying to get people to vote for him as an all-star starter.

I never really hated him though, and still don't. He's actually under appreciated.

didn't chris paul do the samething ?

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Some say he left Toronto on just as bad terms as VC did. I know it was based on the injury thing but is that really enough to tarnish his stay? They didn't accomplish much but is it really justified to hate on the guy? I cant help but think how Hakeem would have been remembered if his career unfolded in the digital age. Cleared to play but sits out during a crucial playoff run that utlimately cost them a chance at the post season.
/thread.

LeperMessiah
05-09-2013, 02:38 AM
He should have at least played- whether they make the play offs or not that was still his contract to complete.

It's not enough to hate him for what he did do for the team during the years he was here.

R. Johnson#3
05-09-2013, 05:38 AM
I never had a problem with Bosh until he went on his social media frenzy. The guy is an attention whore and wants everyone to talk about him. The tweets such as "Where should I go?" and what not. He teased at the thought of staying in Toronto when he had absolutely no intention of doing so. If he would have just kept his mouth shut and had a quiet, respectful exit then I would have nothing bad to say about him.

BALLER R
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
He was cleared to play. So why didn't he?

Most Raptor fans already figured out the reason he didn't play was because he had already made up his mind that he would play with wade and lebron. So he didn't want to risk any injuries. I honestly don't think they planned that when the season was over. I think they had been thinking it either before the season or during.

GrumpyOldMan
05-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Bosh played 7 seasons for us and fulfilled his contract. I don't dislike the guy at all to be honest. He earned unrestricted status and took advantage of it to move to a team that he felt was the best fit for him. It's not like he pulled a blindside trade demand like Vince did.

Sly Guy
05-09-2013, 09:16 AM
If Torronto couldn't figure out there was no way in hell he was going to stick around there and be mired in mediocrity then they should be mad at themselves...

Agreed. But the thing is I think a lot of Toronto fans understand that already, so I don't think the hate is all there.

greg_ory_2005
05-09-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't hate him at all. He left a meh team to team up with Wade and Lebron. What's the problem with that? He played here a bunch of years and we couldn't get the right pieces around him.

Chronz
05-09-2013, 01:37 PM
/thread.

Would you have traded Hakeem for it?

PleaseBeNice
05-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Hows bosh doing this post season?

Chronz
05-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Hows bosh doing this post season?

Miami as a whole hasn't looked very good IMO. Everyone except Ray Allen is playing below their regular season norm. Bron is essentially the same, but Bosh/Wade aint.

Greet
05-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Miami as a whole hasn't looked very good IMO. Everyone except Ray Allen is playing below their regular season norm. Bron is essentially the same, but Bosh/Wade aint.

I think Bosh will eventually get back to his regular season form. Match-ups didn't really help against the Bucks... (I think Larry Sanders is probably the best young big defensively in the league), and he will have trouble against Noah/Boozer. If the Heat win this series, I think the Heat overall and especially Bosh would rather play the Knicks.

lol, please
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Absolutely justified. Any self respecting fan who suffers the same from a former player of their franchise would do the same.

JC_
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Absolutely justified. Any self respecting fan who suffers the same from a former player of their franchise would do the same.

Yes, any self-respecting fan who is blinded by douche goggles would. This isn't Vince Carter. Bosh played harder than everyone else on the court his last year until he got injured and honestly his teammates looked like they couldn't care less a lot of the time. I remember watching Bosh beasting to help win games and seeing his teammates giving 60% effort.

smith&wesson
05-09-2013, 04:48 PM

its was a stem off of lebrons hate. Fans felt like bosh and lebron left to join wade and create a super team. Alot of the hate was simply jelousy.

bosh gave us a s&t option but tied our hands to do that s&t with miami even though they werent offering any assets that were desirable in return. what we got for bosh was a 14 million dollar tpe which we use a couple million of.

Also the hate for bosh wasnt nearly as bad as the hate for carter. I think the anger simply came from the fact that we were basically forced to help miami create a super team while our franchise had to start from scratch.

I dont hate the guy for leaving to join a team of d.wade and lebron. Its common sense. any one in his shoes would have done the same.

smith&wesson
05-09-2013, 04:53 PM

I agree, bosh averaged 24 & 12 for a good stretch of the season before he went to miami. But those were inflated stats anyways. he wasnt taking our team any where as a number 1 option. I think he made the best choice for himself and our franchise. We were going to have to rebuild at some point anyways. Although B.C hasnt done a very good job of that. lol

bucketss
05-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Yes, any self-respecting fan who is blinded by douche goggles would. This isn't Vince Carter. Bosh played harder than everyone else on the court his last year until he got injured and honestly his teammates looked like they couldn't care less a lot of the time. I remember watching Bosh beasting to help win games and seeing his teammates giving 60% effort.

he only played hard for half the season than he continued to milk injuries and pretty much check out on the team. the rest of the team was playing their arse off but they were over matched on most night without him.

smith&wesson
05-09-2013, 04:54 PM

+1 he is a goofy guy... does and says things that you can laught at sure. But I dont think it warrants any hate.

He is a smart player and works pretty hard.

smith&wesson
05-09-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't hate him at all. He left a meh team to team up with Wade and Lebron. What's the problem with that? He played here a bunch of years and we couldn't get the right pieces around him.

thats it.

smith&wesson
05-09-2013, 04:59 PM
he only played hard for half the season than he continued to milk injuries and pretty much check out on the team. the rest of the team was playing their arse off but they were over matched on most night without him.

milk injuries ? he broke a bone in his face lol ...

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?473028-Chris-Bosh-Sustains-Broken-Bone-in-Face

Jamiecballer
05-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Nope. Our fans are just very insecure and take rejection really, really, bad.

smith&wesson
05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Nope. Our fans are just very insecure and take rejection really, really, bad.

pretty much.... i

its hard for us to attain talent, so when we lose the talent we get through the draft it stings i guess.

bucketss
05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
milk injuries ? he broke a bone in his face lol ...

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?473028-Chris-Bosh-Sustains-Broken-Bone-in-Face

not that, the ankle injury, colangelo has said he was cleared to play for a while. but chose not to play, thats why i find it annoying that he got mad during the exit interviews for the team not making the playoffs. he refused to take any blame.