PDA

View Full Version : How much $ has Nate Robinson made this postseason?

chicagocubsfan
05-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Simple question really. How much money has Nate made with his incredible postseason play, and who goes after him in the offseason? For some reason I see the Mavs throwing some money at him.

VendettaRed07
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't think much has changed. He stays with the bulls and they give him as much as they can which Im guessing isn't a whole lot. 4-5 million maximum

NYKnickFanatic
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Do the Bulls have money to sign him? If so, he will probably re-sign there.

I could see him getting something around 4-6 MIL a year, for three years.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Simple question really. How much money has Nate made with his incredible postseason play, and who goes after him in the offseason? For some reason I see the Mavs throwing some money at him.

15 mill 3 years.

GiantsSwaGG
05-08-2013, 03:43 PM
He outplayed the Heat, that should be worth something

chicagocubsfan
05-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I would not be surprised to see him get 6 mill a year for 2-3 years

Lake_Show2416
05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Nate Robinson has always been unappreciated for his whole career, i can see him receiving the full mid level exception from some team but it wont surprise me at all if he gets another small contract

Shmontaine
05-08-2013, 03:54 PM
15 mill 3 years.

This is what i was thinking. some team with throw the MLE at him for a few years..

JEDean89
05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
about as much as JR Smith has lost

Pierzynski4Prez
05-08-2013, 03:58 PM
This is what i was thinking. some team with throw the MLE at him for a few years..

This

KnickaBocka.44
05-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately for Nate, and despite how well he has played, I still don't see a team signing him to be their starting point guard so that limits what he can make. I also don't think he wants to be the 6th man or starting PG on a fringe team. I would like to see him on a team like the Spurs for maybe 3 years/15 million.

BklynKnicks3
05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
If iam knicks i would look at him as a option if Jr leaves i been saying this all year

THE MTL
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Nate Robinson is worth the full midlevel but I doubt he gets it or from Chicago. Bulls are a cheap team who have NEVER paid the luxury tax, they are already committed to 73 million next year. Paying Nate Robinson as well as filling out the roster would balloon their payroll past 80 million which the Bulls def arent about to do.

kobe4thewinbang
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
There is a definitely a fire under his backside. Don't know why it sparked when it did, and one could argue it sparked way too late, but he should get a fair contract. He's still got his limitations though and shouldn't expect the moon. I say he stays with Chicago, unless he might get shoved out of the rotation when Rose comes back.

Rivera
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Not much. Probably an extra year maybe an xtra mil but not much more

He will be lucky to get a 2 + year deal with at least 3.5 mil or more

Hes still nate not much has changed

Knick_Fever
05-08-2013, 04:50 PM
I wont be suprised if he got 7-8 mil per year deal. The way he's been performing in the postseason has been nothing short of incredible. His ability to make the right play, clutch-scoring, and even good defense, as well as handle pressure has been impressive to say the least.

chitown4eva88
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
He's made enough for the Bulls not to bring him back next year.

Cal827
05-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Max Deal

KingPosey
05-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Nates flaws have always been what they are, but he has ALWAYS caught way too much ****. He can be a huge spark off the bench

Hawkeye15
05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
meh, 28 year old midget playing out of his mind, but still nothing more than a backup PG over the course of the season. 3 years, $12 million is what he should be getting.

ramsizzle
05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Nate Robinson is worth the full midlevel but I doubt he gets it or from Chicago. Bulls are a cheap team who have NEVER paid the luxury tax, they are already committed to 73 million next year. Paying Nate Robinson as well as filling out the roster would balloon their payroll past 80 million which the Bulls def arent about to do.

this isnt true at all.. theyre paying it this year.

we just simply cant afford him. he is getting the mle from someone and itll be well deserved. he has been nothing short of amazing, no pun intended. his fourth quarter numbers this playoffs rival almost anyone with superstar status.

i will hate to lose him, but he deserves the pay day.

nycericanguy
05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
crazy how this guy was almost out of the league, couldn't find a team even for the vet min.

Him & JR are interesting cases... guys that haven't really been consistent and that are known as kind of knuckleheads.

I think he gets around $4-5m per. 3/12m sounds about right.

But you never know, Landry freakin Fields got $20m outta nowhere last summer.

nycericanguy
05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
this isnt true at all.. theyre paying it this year.

we just simply cant afford him. he is getting the mle from someone and itll be well deserved. he has been nothing short of amazing, no pun intended. his fourth quarter numbers this playoffs rival almost anyone with superstar status.

i will hate to lose him, but he deserves the pay day.

Bulls could offer the full MLE if need be, but there was actually talk about CHI cutting him earlier in the year to save 400k, so I doubt they pay him that.

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2013, 05:50 PM
He won't make money. He is a liability on defense because of his size. He is a great talent and a hard worker, but teams will not pay out big bucks to a player that small. They just won't. Nate has won playoff games in the past, and has helped teams score when they need it, but that is not always enough. He's a great addition at the league minimum, but at the MLE, he simply is not worth it. I feel bad for him because he has always been underpaid, but ever NBA player who has played as long as Nate has made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives if they are smart about it.

TheNumber37
05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
If He's smart he stays with the Bulls for a modest full mid level type deal for 3 years with incentives to push to about 20 mil.

Based on his play some teams might be willing to give him 30 million for 4 years, which would be a mistake like paying J.R. Smith that much would be.

NoahH
05-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Nate has the #1 option mentality, and he definitely is not a long-term #1 option.

Victimize
05-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Bulls would be foolish to give him a multi yr deal. You could find someone better at a fair price, or hope Teague can be the third PG behind Rose and Hinrich.

Bulls do need to have a decent 3rd PG tho with injury risk Hinrich and Rose.

RLundi
05-08-2013, 07:24 PM
None. He always does this. He's a good, high-energy role player; a slightly worse, more-volatile Jason Terry. I don't think anyone ever gives him a big contract because he's a one-trick pony and a liability on the other end.

D-Leethal
05-08-2013, 07:32 PM
4 yrs 16 mill

DreamShaker
05-09-2013, 12:58 AM
If Isiah was around, he would get the max. In this market, MLE is his ceiling. He needs a team like the Bulls, Grizz, or Pacers where he can be hidden on defense and just score freely every few games.

GiantsSwaGG
05-09-2013, 01:00 AM
If Isiah was around, he would get the max. In this market, MLE is his ceiling. He needs a team like the Bulls, Grizz, or Pacers where he can be hidden on defense and just score freely every few games.

Isiah would of made him the highest paid player in the league

DumDum
05-09-2013, 08:27 AM
he gets paid then he falls off crazy big

koreancabbage
05-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Isiah would of made him the highest paid player in the league

your sig cracks me up but those quotes have nothing to do with basketball knowledge as much as homerism at its finest.

Quietmoney
05-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Wow.. so players don't get paid based on production nowadays?? Dude is balling! And this year has earned the right with the Bulls to a decent contract. Seems to me that he is one of the most important players on that team. They even got out of the first round with him leading the team. And as far as defense goes, I can name players with a lot more size that plays worse. If they had another real scoring threat on that team with him, they'd be dangerous. Outside of him, no one can really be relied on to score. Makes it kinna hard for the smallest guy in the NBA..

Tony_Starks
05-09-2013, 11:14 AM
He's the new pint sized JR Smith. Bad rep but could always get you buckets. 2 years $8 milli for a contender or 3 years $15 milli for a mediocre team sounds about right.

KingPosey
05-09-2013, 08:30 PM
he gets paid then he falls off crazy big

Why?

kozelkid
05-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately for Nate, and despite how well he has played, I still don't see a team signing him to be their starting point guard so that limits what he can make. I also don't think he wants to be the 6th man or starting PG on a fringe team. I would like to see him on a team like the Spurs for maybe 3 years/15 million.

That's fine. He's capable of being an elite 6th man and I think he realizes as much.

MLE sounds about right. Reminds me of JJ Barea cashing it in after that Finals run.

kozelkid
05-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Thing is, he's the exact type of player you want alongside Rose in the closing minutes of a close game.

Our problem has always been another player who can create his own shot and has the balls to take the big shot. Nate alone can be problematic. With Rose, where he'd play more off the ball, they can do good ****. ALA Dirk and Terry/Barea.

dalton749
05-09-2013, 09:29 PM
no

LOOTERX9
05-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Here's another Question.. How much money has JR Smith lost this post season?

KniCks4LiFe
05-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Here's another Question.. How much money has JR Smith lost this post season?

a lot. If you're a GM you can't. As much as he shoots incredible shots when on, 10-15 mil?

D-Leethal
05-10-2013, 08:29 AM
a lot. If you're a GM you can't. As much as he shoots incredible shots when on, 10-15 mil?

Hey if he can start playing decent from here on out its probably our best case scenario in retaining him. Definitely losing a ton of dough.

bagwell368
05-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Depends on finding a GM that blanks out the past: small back-up SG in the body of a PG, that gets posted, and doesn't really fit into the flow of a normal offense, but instead plays 1 on 5, and is as streaky as any "microwave" type player that there has ever been

In favor of what he's done lately. Play for a team with a strong defense that can carry his defense, that needs as much offense it can find. The problem is, Robinson's streaks are cyclical, and he always ends up being very inefficient sooner or later.

He wore out his welcome in NYK, BOS, and OKC. He'll do it again, and at a pretty step cost for his next team.

72 Wins
05-10-2013, 12:09 PM
He's not an ideal PG and not an ideal SG. Nate is somewhat of an anomaly, but I prefer him at the 2. I do think however he's been showing more restraint then at his previous stints with NY/BOS. He definitely should get paid, somewhere in the middle. If he gets overpaid, good for him.

ohreally
05-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Nate has matured a bit and he's handling the point better than I've ever seen him. By circumstance he was put into a defined role and he has more than risen to it.

Yeah, he's undersized and that's his major liability, but with his size and speed and athleticism he can break down the opposition's defense more than he upsets his own team's. Unless my team is seriously undersized and defensively inept, I'd have a hard time taking a J.R. Smith over him. I just think Nate brings a more unique aspect to a team, and this year , with a firm role, he's been more efficient than Smith. Really, the inefficiency and defensive liability is being seriously overplayed when all things are considered. I think he's earned an MLE as long as the coach would give him a real role.

Ebbs
05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Lol umm we past on J.J. barea so I doubt my mavs pay for a guy who'd perform a similar role

effen5
05-11-2013, 09:36 AM
I hope the bulls sign him back, but I don't think we will.

BALLER R
05-11-2013, 10:12 AM
15 mill are 3 years sounds right. But someone usually over pays so he will probably get 3 years 18 mill.