PDA

View Full Version : Vezina

nyr2002nyr
05-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, Niemi named Vezina finalists

SLY WILLIAMS
05-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Lundy could win but I think the CBJ guy has better numbers.

beast023
05-08-2013, 09:32 PM
I think rask should have been in the conversation too cus he had a great year, but between the three that got the nod I think lundqvist gets it. Bob didn't make the playoffs and niemi had slightly worse numbers. And if you look at the two conferences as a whole the east provided more offense and in particular the Atlantic division is pretty strong offensively.

nyr2002nyr
05-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Lundy could win but I think the CBJ guy has better numbers.

Since the Vezina trophy was changed in 1981 (used to be the goalie on the team with the least goals against, which is now the award for the Jennings trophy), no goalie from a non-playoff team has won the award.

puckhead54
05-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Hank GP 43 Wins 24 GAA 2.05 SV PCT 9.26
niemi GP 43 wins 24 GAA 2.16 SV PCT 9.24
Bob GP 38 wins 21 GAA 2.00 SV PCT 9.32 *played 5 less games

Winner s/b Hank had bigger workload and better #'s and carried his team to the playoffs.

bsi
05-09-2013, 06:05 PM
I think Hank deserves it, but I'd be surprised if they gave it to him two years in a row with everything being fairly even between him and the other two. Bob gets it if ya ask me.

nyr2002nyr
05-09-2013, 10:12 PM
I think Hank deserves it, but I'd be surprised if they gave it to him two years in a row with everything being fairly even between him and the other two. Bob gets it if ya ask me.

Bob would be the first ever non playoff goalie to win it

bsi
05-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Bob would be the first ever non playoff goalie to win it

Ya I realize that but I still think he gave them a chance to win every night with a roster limited in skill. Someone is likely gonna be the first non playoff goalie to win it, I don't think Bob would be a bad choice this year considering how far he came in one year and the fact that everyone was predicting the Jackets to be at the bottom of the league. Keep in mind, the Rangers only had one more point than Columbus, and they tied the Islanders in points. I don't think the trophy should be given to one or the other based on 1 point in the regular season.

beast023
05-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Hank also played on a team that was goal starved for most of the season. The last few games after the trade deadline really inflated our offensive numbers. And he also played in a conference that was better offensively. Goals per game the top teams were Pitt chi Tampa mon wash tor nyi ana phi lak respectively. Seven of those teams were in the east as were six of the first seven, and three were from the Atlantic division.

bsi
05-16-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm not saying that Bob should get it over Hendrik, I think they are both worthy but I was just pointing out that Hank won it last year, and that I wouldn't choose my winner based on one point in the regular season. I'd prefer Hank won it but I just think that the NHL might give it to someone else this time.

beast023
05-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I get what your saying but they could actually be in favor of Hank for the same reason. This is a guy that is so consistently good that he's never finished below 6th on the vezina nomination ballot in eight years but only won once. It's time to build this guys legacy because he deserves it.

bsi
05-16-2013, 09:29 PM
I get what your saying but they could actually be in favor of Hank for the same reason. This is a guy that is so consistently good that he's never finished below 6th on the vezina nomination ballot in eight years but only won once. It's time to build this guys legacy because he deserves it.

Totally agree. He's been our rock all year for sure.