PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher Fined For Flopping

heyman321
05-06-2013, 08:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9248823/derek-fisher-oklahoma-city-thunder-gets-fined-flopping

How has he only been fined once?? He has flopped at least 4 times in the Houston series alone.

ThaDubs
05-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Fishes flop when they're out of water... or something like that

Htownballa1622
05-06-2013, 08:34 PM
He should be fined a couple more times this playoff year.

TeamSeattle
05-06-2013, 08:36 PM
My only thought is about time.

Hawkeye15
05-06-2013, 08:37 PM
he should receive a lifetime flopping fine of a gillion dollars

metsrock229
05-06-2013, 08:55 PM
he should receive a lifetime flopping fine of a gillion dollars

It's a stretch, but I like it (the pun)

Minimal
05-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Why Martin wasn't fined?

gatkins11
05-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Good.

MrfadeawayJB
05-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Should have more coming too

3Th3Hard3nWay
05-07-2013, 12:24 AM
If anybody it should be Kendrick Perkins getting fined for holding back Chandler Parsons on that big three to seal game 2

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't like this. What Fisher did was take a bump on a charge. There is a big difference between taking a bump on a charge and flopping. Flopping is when a guy barely touches you and you act like you completely lost your balance, or you send your arms flailing around, or your spin around and grab your nose or head like you got hit when you didn't. On that play, Fisher and a second player both saw Asik coming down the lane, and both took position side-by-side, got hit by Asik and both took the bump. I don't see an issue with that. Unless this is a different play they are talking about.

Lake_Show2416
05-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Why Martin wasn't fined?

for real, this guys always is falling to the side with or without contact when shooting

the fact that Fisher has been the only player fined so far for flopping is a flop on the NBA's part

KniCks4LiFe
05-07-2013, 02:46 AM
yo where's Patrick Star when you need it?

JayW_1023
05-07-2013, 04:36 AM
FINALLY. This is a great day for sports.

hornetsfansydne
05-07-2013, 05:01 AM
I don't like this. What Fisher did was take a bump on a charge. There is a big difference between taking a bump on a charge and flopping. Flopping is when a guy barely touches you and you act like you completely lost your balance, or you send your arms flailing around, or your spin around and grab your nose or head like you got hit when you didn't. On that play, Fisher and a second player both saw Asik coming down the lane, and both took position side-by-side, got hit by Asik and both took the bump. I don't see an issue with that. Unless this is a different play they are talking about.

Totally agree! There was nothing in that play, nowhere near a flop!

heyman321
05-07-2013, 10:03 AM

No it isn't, flopping is exaggerating contact in an effort to decieve the referee. If you're going to take a "charge", take it like a man. What you just wrote is the DEFINITION of flopping. Asik barely touched them, in fact if you watch the video he stops on a dime, watch his feet, they stop really before he even has a chance to "barrel" them, he maybe touched them at the most. Martin and Fisher are just the two biggest floppers in the league, but Fisher especially.

MrfadeawayJB
05-07-2013, 11:05 AM

that is true. That flop is questionable, but he flopped like 20 times so i guess it makes up for it

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-07-2013, 11:13 AM
I enjoy watching okc play, but this is absolutely warranted. Minus that particular flop, there have been a multitude of questionable plays on Fisher's part, and his rep precedes him.

What's crazy is that belinelli got fined $10,000 more for the onions dance.

JayW_1023
05-07-2013, 11:15 AM
For all his ridiculous Fish Flops that were called for fouls on the other end, this is what I call JUSTICE.

He115ing
05-07-2013, 11:38 AM
If the fines started a few years earlier Fisher would be broke by now.

nastynice
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Flopping is when a guy barely touches you and you act like you completely lost your balance,.

isnt this EXACTLY what fisher did. Took slight contact and blew it way outta proportion

JiffyMix88
05-07-2013, 11:50 AM
The NBA executives were probably like heard Fisher been flopping again and were like **** it find any video of him on the ground and consider that the flop cause lord knows he's not on the ground from a hustle play

Labgrownmangoat
05-07-2013, 11:58 AM
FIFA (the governing body for soccer) does not agree with this ruling. Fining people for flops would ruin their business model.

Chavacano
05-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Long overdue.

Hardaway Here
05-07-2013, 01:20 PM
How is this the first fine he averages 8 flops a game.

Stinkyoutsider
05-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I think Fisher got fined for his reputation?

Over the years, we've seen him pull off some pretty good flops. Maybe he didn't flop this time, but the league is trying to crack down hard on it, so anything looking remotely like a flop is going to be punished.

Same for other guys who have that rep, like Blake Griffin, Cousins, and Reggie Evans.