PDA

View Full Version : Need more out of Nash & Richards!

liltedspop
05-06-2013, 11:49 AM
If you equate Nash's season #'s over a 82 game season he's got 40 goals & pushing 80 pts which are both very respectable however he's about as streaky a player as I've ever seen & streaky players are rarely big time playoff performers. We need HUGE games tonight from both Richards & Nash not to mention a few other key players. When your brought here to be the answer & dont rise to the occasion Ranger fans can be tough!

nyr2002nyr
05-06-2013, 01:36 PM
If you equate Nash's season #'s over a 82 game season he's got 40 goals & pushing 80 pts which are both very respectable however he's about as streaky a player as I've ever seen & streaky players are rarely big time playoff performers. We need HUGE games tonight from both Richards & Nash not to mention a few other key players. When your brought here to be the answer & dont rise to the occasion Ranger fans can be tough!

1. He is not nearly as streaky as Gaborik was!
2. He has been getting chances but 1 goal between 2 games you can point that finger at everyone
3. I dont even remember Richards at all in game 2 which say enough

NYR_NYJ
05-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I like Richards but he's been a shell of a player this year and with his contract it won't work.

I hate to quote Mike Milbury but Nash needs to get to the dirty areas more, for his size he needs to be more of a physical presence. Hopefully Clowe comes back and can make some room for Nash down low.

NYR_NYJ
05-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Double post

nyr2002nyr
05-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I like Richards but he's been a shell of a player this year and with his contract it won't work.

I hate to quote Mike Milbury but Nash needs to get to the dirty areas more, for his size he needs to be more of a physical presence. Hopefully Clowe comes back and can make some room for Nash down low.

Not trying to be mean but just because he is big doesnt mean anything he has never been that kind of player

NYR_NYJ
05-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Not trying to be mean but just because he is big doesnt mean anything he has never been that kind of player

Don't worry you can be mean we're all friends. :cheers:

I am not expecting him to go around throwing big hits just dominate a little more and get to the net like he started to do last game.

liltedspop
05-06-2013, 04:53 PM

I am not expecting him to go around throwing big hits just dominate a little more and get to the net like he started to do last game.

Big game players dont hit posts with the game on the line they hit net! no more posts tonight no excuses Nash needs to win us this game tonight or wtf good is he.

runnermjr1296
05-08-2013, 08:21 AM
I think there must be something wrong with Nash,he seems to be avoiding all traffic,you just can't be that bad in a playoff series

nyr2002nyr
05-08-2013, 08:32 AM

You know where im coming from lots of people see his size and expect him to crust people and he has never been that kind of player. That being said i agree with you its either he is trying to do to much and ****ing it all up or he might be hurt

bsi
05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
He's come to play tonight.

liltedspop
05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
He's come to play tonight. i must have missed it because Nash looks virtually invisible on the ice...

bsi
05-09-2013, 06:23 PM
i must have missed it because Nash looks virtually invisible on the ice...

He was good in the first 10 minutes....but he trailed off after that, guess I spoke too soon.

runnermjr1296
05-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I seriously think there is something wrong with him,he's invisible,I hate to repeat myself but you just CAN'T be that bad,he looks like a shell of himself

NYR_NYJ
05-10-2013, 09:28 AM
You guys may be right. If you remember at the end of the period in game 3 he tried to throw a hit and banged up his knee and limped off.

bsi
05-12-2013, 07:56 PM
There's speculation that he's got a bad knee and wrist.

NYSPORTS98
05-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Before Richards was even signed I made mention we're going to hear "it just hasn't been a Richards type year". This isn't a shocker, the guy was done before he got here.

oak2455
05-22-2013, 10:27 AM
I think their both hurt... I hope that's the case

bsi
05-22-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm of the opinion that Richard's year was hampered by the lockout, I think he showed up out of shape and hasn't been able to catch up. I'm pretty sure they'll move him or buy him out with Brassard replacing him on the depth chart and Miller likely being the 3rd or 4th center here. I think we'll be rebuilding on the fly, and I think we'll be alright for the next bunch of years if we do, hopefully with some new life behind the bench, especially someone who can figure out a powerplay.

MJL80
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm of the opinion that Richard's year was hampered by the lockout, I think he showed up out of shape and hasn't been able to catch up. I'm pretty sure they'll move him or buy him out with Brassard replacing him on the depth chart and Miller likely being the 3rd or 4th center here. I think we'll be rebuilding on the fly, and I think we'll be alright for the next bunch of years if we do, hopefully with some new life behind the bench, especially someone who can figure out a powerplay.

I agree... I think we're seeing the last of richards in a ranger uni

fingerbang
05-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Rangers are going to have money if Richards is off the books. Sather's going to have to go and sign/trade for someone. Yandle?

NYSPORTS98
05-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm of the opinion that Richard's year was hampered by the lockout, I think he showed up out of shape and hasn't been able to catch up. .

So half a season isn't enough time to catchup? Last year he was mediocre too. Hoping he gets bought out.