PDA

View Full Version : Who are the best GM canditates right now?

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Who are the best GM candidates right now? Know of anyone in your favorite team's FO (an assistant GM, director of player personnel etc) that could turn out to be a bright GM if given the opportunity elsewhere?

ChitownBears22
05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Who are the best GM candidates right now? Know of anyone in your favorite team's FO that could turn out to be a bright GM if given the opportunity elsewhere?

Rockets, young core with cap room. They "missed" on some FA but they made some great moves. Harden and Parsons are going to give teams nightmares in the future. If they can get Dwight, they will be the best in the West imo.

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Rockets, young core with cap room. They "missed" on some FA but they made some great moves. Harden and Parsons are going to give teams nightmares in the future. If they can get Dwight, they will be the best in the West imo.

What?

WhiteSoxGod
05-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Daryl Morey- GM of the Houston Rockets

He developed a plan to reassemble the Houston Rockets by gathering cheap assets then trade some of them for a superstar in James Harden. He positioned this same team to acquire or sign another star to team with James Harden. He has a good, young, yet inexpensive core in SF Chandler Parsons, PF Greg Smith, and PG Patrick Beverly. He used his knowledge of the CBA to wrangle C Omer Asik and PG Jeremy Lin from their teams. Both who have performed good enough their first year together and definitely earned their $8 mil avg salaries. He also has a collection of cheap, young, bigs in PF Thomas Robinson, PF/C Donatas Motiejunas, PF Terrence Jones, and bat **** crazy SF Royce White.

Rockets become the most watchable, best offensive team in the NBA all while being one of THE YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE NBA. Morey got McHale to coach this young team and he has done a great job. Morey turned around a team after the Yao/McGrady era. They now have a solid foundation to become title contenders for years to come, especially if they get Dwight Howard or CP3.

justinnum1
05-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Andy elisburg is pretty good. he is # 2 in miami behind riley and is the cap guy and also does the trade calls.

He blueprinted the plan(from a salary cap perspective) to have the big 3 come together, and get UD and MM to sign too.

THE GIPPER
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Despite the 1st round exit, I think Ujiri is among the best.

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Despite the 1st round exit, I think Ujiri is among the best.

Isn't he still hired by Denver?

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Andy elisburg is pretty good. he is # 2 in miami behind riley and is the cap guy and also does the trade calls.

He blueprinted the plan(from a salary cap perspective) to have the big 3 come together, and get UD and MM to sign too.
Whose MM? Mike Miller?

justinnum1
05-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Whose MM? Mike Miller?

yea.

MiamiBoy77
05-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Andy from the heat is on the business side not really a GM candidate though. The OP is asking for candidates not current GMs for the ppl that said Morey

sunsfan88
05-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Andy from the heat is on the business side not really a GM candidate though. The OP is asking for candidates not current GMs for the ppl that said Morey

Yea what he said .^

Lake_Show2416
05-06-2013, 02:33 AM
the Rockets GM probably gets it for trading for James Harden & signing Omir Asik

LakersIn5
05-06-2013, 02:49 AM
some of you arent answering the question. the OP asked who is the best candidate to be a GM not who is the best GM.

sunsfan88
05-06-2013, 03:18 AM
some of you arent answering the question. the OP asked who is the best candidate to be a GM not who is the best GM.

Yea it really scares me that some here dont understand what the word "canditate" means...

TrueFan420
05-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Yea it really scares me that some here dont understand what the word "canditate" means...

Reading comprehension in this forum is at an all time low... I blame the schools

jerellh528
05-06-2013, 05:59 AM
funny how everyone was saying kupchak was god when he managed to bring dwight and nash to an already formidable team. but injuries make him a forgotten one.

05-06-2013, 07:40 AM

the word candidate can be used quite broadly..

People may have misread your post assuming you were talking about GM candidates for best GM's in the league (the award is coming being presented soon), rather than candidate to become a GM.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-06-2013, 09:01 AM
the word candidate can be used quite broadly..

People may have misread your post assuming you were talking about GM candidates for best GM's in the league (the award is coming being presented soon), rather than candidate to become a GM.

Hahaha this was exactly what I thought when I was going through the comments.

In relation to the actual question, I believe it's time for Phil Jackson to get a shot at building a team. It's just a question of if he wants a terrible team and start from tabula rasa, or if he wants to try to turn a middling team into a contender with minor roster changes.

WhiteSoxGod
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM

LOL Yeah I didn't read the question properly. It was just blatant lazy stupidity on my part. Ha Ha well to answer the ACTUAL question I would say that Celtics assistant GM Ryan McDonough has got to be at the top of the list. He is a dynamic numbers guy kind of like Daryl Morey but also has a good NBA foundation as well.

sunsfan88
05-07-2013, 05:44 PM
LOL Yeah I didn't read the question properly. It was just blatant lazy stupidity on my part. Ha Ha well to answer the ACTUAL question I would say that Celtics assistant GM Ryan McDonough has got to be at the top of the list. He is a dynamic numbers guy kind of like Daryl Morey but also has a good NBA foundation as well.
Ah great! Suns just hired him! :D