anybody who wants to make $15-$20 Million a year

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Jeff Van Gundy is top target Per WOJ

NYK4L
05-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Who would want the job?

Your right I don't mind embarrasing myself for 15mil.

NYK4L
05-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Jeff Van Gundy is top target Per WOJ

Stan van gundy maybe. Maybe.

lvlheaded
05-05-2013, 01:16 PM
For 15 mil I'd coach a team of Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry as the "stars"

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Your right I don't mind embarrasing myself for 15mil.

Might as well Knicks fans been doing it for free the past 10 years

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:20 PM
damn those Russians don't play. The day after? not even after the playoffs? a week after? the exact day after, you can tell the organization didn't believe in him. But rightfully so.

mgsports
05-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Jerry Sloan because he knows Deron Williams?
Brian or Bob Hill?
I. Thomas?
Sam Mitchell?
a former Net?

DeeJay
05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Might as well Knicks fans been doing it for free the past 10 years

What is your point?

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
I have a top 6 candidate list.

1. Phil
2. Vinny Del Negro
3. Jerry Sloan
4. Byran Scott
5. Stan Van Gundy
6. Patrick Ewing

Chronz
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
JVG better stay away, come to LA baby

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:23 PM
damn those Russians don't play. The day after? not even after the playoffs? a week after? the exact day after, you can tell the organization didn't believe in him. But rightfully so.
I love this owner. 1st round exits? He aint about that life.

effen5
05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't think Phil or Sloan would coach that team...hell I know Sloan won't.

waveycrockett
JVG better stay away, come to LA baby

You guys already made your bed with Dumbtoni. Thats why I'm glad we let PJC ride the rest of the season out. Didn't get stuck with someone like Mike Brown.

DoMeFavors

1. Phil
2. Vinny Del Negro
3. Jerry Sloan
4. Byran Scott
5. Stan Van Gundy
6. Patrick Ewing

Nets would never hire Patrick Ewing he has zero expierence, and Del Negro is a sorry excuse for a coach.

waveycrockett
I don't think Phil or Sloan would coach that team...hell I know Sloan won't.

Yea they must hate money.

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I love this owner. 1st round exits? He aint about that life.

you gotta love and respect an owner like that. He reminds me of George.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:25 PM

1. Phil
2. Vinny Del Negro
3. Jerry Sloan
4. Byran Scott
5. Stan Van Gundy
6. Patrick Ewing
hahahahahahahahhahahhahahahaha I'd rather stick with Carlissimo

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:26 PM
you gotta love and respect an owner like that. He reminds me of George.

Exactly.

29$JerZ
05-05-2013, 01:27 PM
You could at least add a link...
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9244143/brooklyn-nets-fire-coach-pj-carlesimo-day-playoff-ouster

The Brooklyn Nets have fired interim coach P.J. Carlesimo a day after the team's ouster from the playoffs in seven games by the Chicago Bulls.

Nets Blog
Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"The Brooklyn Nets organization would like to thank P.J. for his efforts with the team in his roles as both head coach and assistant, and for his contributions to the team's success both on and off the court," general manager Billy King said Sunday in a news release.

King, talking to reporters after the announcement, would not rule out making a push at Phil Jackson to fill the coaching vacancy and said he plans to call Jackson to gauge his level of interest.

Carlesimo and the Nets finished the team's first season in Brooklyn 49-33 after the 99-93 loss to the Bulls. They placed second in the Atlantic Division and werer the No. 4 playoff seed in the Eastern Conference.

Carlesimo had been promoted in December when the team fired Avery Johnson after a 14-14 start to the season but was never hired as the permanent coach.

"We wish P.J. and his family only the best in the years to come," King said in the statement.

CaptainClutch
05-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Stefan Bondy tweeted out that the Nets aren't as high on JVG as Woj reported. Interesting start to the offseason only about 15+ hours into it

NYK4L
Sloan and D.williams reunion? No way just keep him out of the conversation.

29$JerZ
It's not fair to PJ but the coach will always get the blame before the players.
If Joe J has even a decent game or series for that matter Nets would be playing Miami now.

They better hope Sloan comes through or they are going to be a revolving door for coaches like Charlotte has become. You either build with what you have or bring in a coach and make decisions based on his system.

effen5
Yea they must hate money.

Yeah because they don't have any? You think Phil would take orders from king? If Phil went to nj, king would be Phil's *****.

And I doubt Sloan cares about money at his age. He's coached and made more money then he knows what to do with it. Why would he go back and coach deron anyway.

dtmagnet
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Not sure who's worse, waveycrocket or domefavors.

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Nets would never hire Patrick Ewing he has zero expierence, and Del Negro is a sorry excuse for a coach.

Vinny has had his team in 1st place. And created an all out hustle and defense first squad. The issue w/ the Clips was a bad mix and terrible work attitudes. Vinny has been a damn good coach, he can't make Blake score in the post.

Ewing is 6th on that list of mines, Jackson got his shot in Golden State and look at them. Ewing has been waiting for an oppurtunity. It's slim but it's there.

effen5
05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Thibs was a long time assistant too with no head coaching experience kinda dumb just to rule out someone for that. Please keep rehashing old coaches.

netsgiantsyanks
If Joe J has even a decent game or series for that matter Nets would be playing Miami now.

They better hope Sloan comes through or they are going to be a revolving door for coaches like Charlotte has become. You either build with what you have or bring in a coach and make decisions based on his system.

to be fair pj was a crappy coach.

waveycrockett

They've both come out and said no bad blood exists, Dwill didnt get him fired and Williams said Sloan was the best coach he's played for.

sager729
05-05-2013, 01:32 PM
You deserved to be fired after letting that Bulls team beat you. Everyone was sick or hurt.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah because they don't have any? You think Phil would take orders from king? If Phil went to nj, king would be Phil's *****.

And I doubt Sloan cares about money at his age. He's coached and made more money then he knows what to do with it. Why would he go back and coach deron anyway.
So you think rich people just like to stop getting $$$$? How the hell do you think they stay rich? lmao

KnickaBocka.44
05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
So it's Carlesimo's fault they couldn't beat a hobbled Bulls team?

29$JerZ
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
to be fair pj was a crappy coach.

I agree with that but he wasn't the main reason Brooklyn loss.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM

You have absolutely no clue what your talking about. This would be like me saying Dantoni was not the reason for the Knicks being horrible during his time with Melo.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 01:35 PM

He had no defensive system and his offense was all isolation plays

justinnum1
05-05-2013, 01:35 PM

Of course not, but it is his fault that the wrong players were playing. Would be interesting what a coach like JVG can do with a healthy nets roster.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:36 PM

He wasn't the reason Joe Johnson was hurt I will give you that.

NYK4L
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM

They've both come out and said no bad blood exists, Dwill didnt get him fired and Williams said Sloan was the best coach he's played for.

Thats BS. They hate eachother

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM

he was good in spurts but there are a lot of issues w/ him.

1. The lack of developing MarShon Brooks and Tayshawn Taylor
2. Putting Reggie Evans and Gerald Wallace on the floor at the same time
3. His team never really spoke to ea. other on switches on defense
4. His offensive play calling at best is average
5. Kris Humphries getting more mins. in a gm. 7 than Blatche or Evans?
6. Joe Johnson had plantar I'm not attempting to spell that, how is he getting more mins than Brooks? I mean he couldn't throw the ball in the ocean
7. The collapse in Chicago and no TO? no defensive strategy to keep the ball out of Nate's hands?

He was ok. But not great. Not what a team looking to make noise has.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I love Knicks fans coming in here and saying "DONT BLAME THE COACH!!"

When thats all they did under Dantoni, Isiah Thomas and Larry freakin Brown! lol

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 01:39 PM

I don't really have anything against you but is it true that you said you banish yourself from PSD if the Nets were to lose 1st round?

29$JerZ
05-05-2013, 01:39 PM
You have absolutely no clue what your talking about. This would be like me saying Dantoni was not the reason for the Knicks being horrible during his time with Melo.

He was a part of it but not the main problem.
What coach will succeed when Melo/Amar'e are having career worst years shooting the ball?

Coach is the easiest scapegoat, it doesn't matter now though.
Brooklyn is a win now team, they need a big coaching change anyway.

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM

I don't really have anything against you but is it true that you said you banish yourself from PSD if the Nets were to lose 1st round?

KnickaBocka.44

He was much better than Avery though, right?

waveycrockett

And you know this how? All reports that surfaced when the Nets were looking for Avery's replacement say the opposite.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 01:41 PM
players didnt have room to work on offense the other team left a poor 3 point shooter like Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans a very poor offensive player open. PJ just kept them in

KnickaBocka.44
05-05-2013, 01:41 PM

It is true. He is saying a Bulls fan reported him and got him banned so now the agreement is null and void (even though the 2 things have nothing to do with each other.) If you didn't have anything against him/her, now you do.

29$JerZ
05-05-2013, 01:42 PM
he was good in spurts but there are a lot of issues w/ him.

1. The lack of developing MarShon Brooks and Tayshawn Taylor
2. Putting Reggie Evans and Gerald Wallace on the floor at the same time
3. His team never really spoke to ea. other on switches on defense
4. His offensive play calling at best is average
5. Kris Humphries getting more mins. in a gm. 7 than Blatche or Evans?
6. Joe Johnson had plantar I'm not attempting to spell that, how is he getting more mins than Brooks?
7. The collapse in Chicago and no TO? no defensive strategy to keep the ball out of Nate's hands?

He was ok. But not great. Not what a team looking to make noise has.

Well I agree he isn't a good coach, it's just real premature to solely blame him for all of Brooklyn's problems this post season.

They blew out Chicago game 1. After that Joe J pretty much went ghost and Lopez (their best player) couldn't do much against Noah. You can make adjustments all you want but it was so clear Chicago was just simply superior to Brooklyn despite the injuries and talent gap.

They may need a new coach but they need better production from their stars who take up 90% of their entire CAP. You know you've hit rock bottomg when Crash/Evans are keeping you in the game and not Joe J/Lopez.

SteBO
Exactly. The team has enough talent to make the conference finals, but the players have gotta be committed to the cause....there's only so much PJ could do.

John Walls Era

1. Phil
2. Vinny Del Negro
3. Jerry Sloan
4. Byran Scott
5. Stan Van Gundy
6. Patrick Ewing

LOL

Phil only goes to places where he knows he can coach them to a championship.

The other 3 suck.

KnickaBocka.44
And you know this how? All reports that surfaced when the Nets were looking for Avery's replacement say the opposite.

That could have just been an attempt to put things to rest between them. I highly doubt Sloan is the coach of the Nets next season.

BigBlueCrew
05-05-2013, 01:43 PM
well that was quick. Well he should be proud of the job he did with those collection of losers.

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:44 PM

When thats all they did under Dantoni, Isiah Thomas and Larry freakin Brown! lol

Ngl it's just that 2 coachs in year were dropped and that same collection of players are responsible. Some of are fans are in troll mode. Some are giving you the stark reality of maybe it's not just the coach, which you obviously should know by now. Me, I think PJ was exposed these last 2 mths. Good in spurts, not head coach material in the NBA.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Well I agree he isn't a good coach, it's just real premature to solely blame him for all of Brooklyn's problems this post season.

They blew out Chicago game 1. After that Joe J pretty much went ghost and Lopez (their best player) couldn't do much against Noah. You can make adjustments all you want but it was so clear Chicago was just simply superior to Brooklyn despite the injuries and talent gap.

They may need a new coach but they need better production from their stars who take up 90% of their entire CAP. You know you've hit rock bottomg when Crash/Evans are keeping you in the game and not Joe J/Lopez.

Billy said they plan to get more athletic next season

NYK4L
05-05-2013, 01:45 PM

Thats sugarcoating a bad situation. But in reality they hate eachother.

29$JerZ
players didnt have room to work on offense the other team left a poor 3 point shooter like Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans a very poor offensive player open. PJ just kept them in

What's the alternative?

The nets depth chart consist of Watson/Stackhouse/Bogans/Brooks/Tele as far as shooting goes.
Are any of those guys going to replace Crash energy/defense while also hitting 3's?

He even had Watson playing with Deron and they still barely had any floor spacing for Lopez/Crash.

Nets have a ton of problems. Need a new coach, need an upgrade at PF, need to bolster their bench because after Brooks/Blatche that bench is anemic, and you guys need Crash to rebound back from his awful regular season. Coaching is just 1 of many problems for Brooklyn.

waveycrockett
well that was quick. Well he should be proud of the job he did with those collection of losers.

Hater in the house!

BKLYNpigeon
Stan Van Gundy would be their best option since the team is all about getting the attention.

I think their best option would be to get a new up and coming assistant coach. like, Thibideau, Brooks, Mark Jackson etc.

Rndy
I wonder what two coaches Deron will have next year.

D-Leethal
05-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Welcome to NY. You news results to keep your job here. Nets have major fundamental flaws that for way beyond the coach.

BigBlueCrew
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Hater in the house!

You still can logon with that sig after that performance last night?

Ballsy ;)

Chitownhero1992
05-05-2013, 01:48 PM
I wonder what two coaches Deron will have next year.

I've always been a D-Will fan but something must be wrong with him off the court because he goes through coaches quicker than the Bulls get injuries.

All that being said I don't think PJ should've been fired, he did great with the team during the regular season....they just lost to a Bulls team that was not your average 5 seed.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 01:48 PM
What's the alternative?

The nets depth chart consist of Watson/Stackhouse/Bogans/Brooks/Tele as far as shooting goes.
Are any of those guys going to replace Crash energy/defense while also hitting 3's?

He even had Watson playing with Deron and they still barely had any floor spacing for Lopez/Crash.

Nets have a ton of problems. Need a new coach, need an upgrade at PF, need to bolster their bench because after Brooks/Blatche that bench is anemic, and you guys need Crash to rebound back from his awful regular season. Coaching is just 1 of many problems for Brooklyn.

Andray Blatche was the best PF on the team and he hardly played. Reggie played and started most minutes. He was never a starter.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
What's the a; alternative?

The nets depth chart consist of Watson/Stackhouse/Bogans/Brooks/Tele as far as shootig goes.

Nets have a ton of problems. Need a new coach, need an upgrade at PF, need to bolster their bench because after Brooks/Blatche that bench is anemic, and you guys need Crash to rebound back from his awful regular season. Coachig is just 1 of many problems for Brooklyn.
You can start by playing your best option at PF more than 18 Minutes per game

JOhnnyTHaJet
Here's my prediction, Nets push for Sloan but Sloan signs with the Clippers, JVG decides he doesn't want to coach anymore, Stan Van takes another job like Milwaukee, and the Nets ultimately sign Shaw or Sampson.

Clippersfan86
I like how the Nets fire their coach first day.. yet we have to "wait a week". Wake the fu** up Clippers front office!

waveycrockett
I've always been a D-Will fan but something must be wrong with him off the court because he goes through coaches quicker than the Bulls get injuries.

All that being said I don't think PJ should've been fired, he did great with the team during the regular season....they just lost to a Bulls team that was not your average 5 seed.

Avery what his coach the past 2 years...

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:51 PM

Here's the thing. You're Prokhov. You spent millions on that organization. You promised your fans a team that will fight. That didn't happen in game 7. You're made a fool of. Someone has to go there to know you mean business. The message is mediocrity is not accepted there anymore. Which is what I was talking about before the series began. In NJ that is accepted. In NY. It's not.

They did blowout Chicago in gm.1 we know this. Lopez was 20/8 during the POs. He wasn't the issue. Chicago is a better athletic and team w/ heart.

There's the thing. The CAP and what is accepted and not. What can they do. It starts w/ the coach. Players are next.

CaptainClutch

I think it would've been Nets in 5 or 6 if they played Atlanta. The Bulls wanted to expose the Nets' weakness of grit, heart and passion for loose balls, rebounds and tough-nosed defense. Regardless, I think PJ should've been fired / not re-signed (however you want to put it) even if they made the 2nd round and lost to Miami in 4 or 5

29$JerZ
You can start by playing your best option at PF more than 18 Minutes per game

Would that have won the series for Chicago?
you still have the problem of JJ sucking and Lopez being outworked by Noah. Plus you lose 5 extra possessions from Reggies offensive rebounding.

Nets win if Joe J has a decent game shooting. He didn't and PJ gets fired.
That's literally what happened here.

waveycrockett
Here's my prediction, Nets push for Sloan but Sloan signs with the Clippers, JVG decides he doesn't want to coach anymore, Stan Van takes another job like Milwaukee, and the Nets ultimately sign Shaw or Sampson.
Dont forget Larry Brown or Mike Fratello. If we end up with Shaw I would be fine with that.

nycericanguy
05-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Not sure who's worse, waveycrocket or domefavors.

DMF is at least funny...

waveycrockett
Would that have won the series for Chicago?
you still have the problem of JJ sucking and Lopez being outworked by Noah. Plus you lose 5 extra possessions from Reggies offensive rebounding.

Nets win if Joe J has a decent game shooting. He didn't and PJ gets fired.
That's literally what happened here.

Lets see we had losses of 8/3/6 (triple OT)/6

and Blatche/Lopez combo had an absurd +/- of something like +68 this series. Safe to say yes it would have.

Rndy
Sloan would never take that job over LAC having CP3 and Blake in P&R with shooters is his system much better situation.

BigBlueCrew
Here's the thing. You're Prokhov. You spent millions on that organization. You promised your fans a team that will fight. That didn't happen in game 7. You're made a fool of. Someone has to go there to know you mean business. The message is mediocrity is not accepted there anymore. Which is what I was talking about before the series began. In NJ that is accepted. In NY. It's not.

They did blowout Chicago in gm.1 we know this. Lopez was 20/8 during the POs. He wasn't the issue. Chicago is a better athletic and team w/ heart.

There's the thing. The CAP and what is accepted and not. What can they do. It starts w/ the coach. Players are next.

So you give the GM an extension though? whats the deal there?

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-05-2013, 01:55 PM
For anyone who wants to say PJ was a "good" coach, go back and watch some of our recent games. Terrible rotations, terrible defensive mentality, couldn't call a play out of a timeout for his life (all Iso plays), he was beyond stubborn, the list just goes on and on and on.

He wasn't what we needed, we need a vocal tough leader, not someone who is dead from the neck up during games.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Tim Bontemps ‏@TimBontemps 4m
Deron says he'd "love to play for Coach Sloan" again.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:56 PM
For anyone who wants to say PJ was a "good" coach, go back and watch some of our recent games. Terrible rotations, terrible defensive mentality, couldn't call a play out of a timeout for his life (all Iso plays), he was beyond stubborn, the list just goes on and on and on.

He wasn't what we needed, we need a vocal tough leader, not someone who is dead from the neck up during games.

Dan Gilbert RIPPED PJ last night LOL? Says Thibs draws up easy dunks out of timeouts, PJ draws up back court violations LOL. Sad but true!

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Dont forget Larry Brown or Mike Fratello. If we end up with Shaw I would be fine with that.

The Zar probably wants to stay retired and I think Brown likes his SMU Job. I don't think they'll be candadites honestly.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Sloan would never take that job over LAC having CP3 and Blake in P&R with shooters is his system much better situation.

LMAO Sloan would never a take job over working under Donald Sterling?!?!?! LMFAO

DoMeFavors
PJ/Avery's system consisted of taking turns in isolation plays, that wont work in the playoffs. If one of the players score on the isolation they got it again next turn down.

JOhnnyTHaJet
Dan Gilbert RIPPED PJ last night LOL? Says Thibs draws up easy dunks out of timeouts, PJ draws up back court violations LOL. Sad but true!

It truly is, during the game last night I was literally calling out the plays PJ would call out of a timeout. A fan like myself shouldn't be doing so.

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 01:59 PM
So you give the GM an extension though? whats the deal there?

depends how long the extension is. The GM's job is to get the talent there, which he did. His worst move was bringing Joe Johnson's contract there. But in the brand scheme they were moving to Brooklyn and needed that 2nd guy to sell to it's new fans. So you could say if D-Will didn't want JJ, the Nets needed him.

But there were better options.

OJ Mayo was 1 they would have been better off getting but not a star yet.

GiantsSwaGG
How is it the coaches fault when Joe Johnson was the one choking like a pornstar on her knees

JOhnnyTHaJet
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh

He's not coming here, I'm already convinced. the Clippers job is just more appealing.

Rndy
05-05-2013, 02:00 PM
LMAO Sloan would never a take job over working under Donald Sterling?!?!?! LMFAO

How much do you actually know about Sloans system? Even an average fan realizes Clippers have much better pieces for that system then Brooklyn.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM
How is it the coaches fault when Joe Johnson was the one choking like a pornstar on her knees
Damn where were you when Mike Dantoni needed saving?!?!?!

GiantsSwaGG
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM
And it's funny how PJ gets fired but King doesn't since he traded for an overpaid Johnson and a lottery pick for an aging Wallace

GiantsSwaGG
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM

I was there. Oh btw he quit, we didn't fire him brah. Nice try thou

BigBlueCrew
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Everyone got cleaned out...Isiah, Danphony...everyone. Not just the coach.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
How much do you actually know about Sloans system? Even an average fan realizes Clippers have much better pieces for that system then Brooklyn.

That maybe true but first things first. Get a coach who knows how to coach. Worry about the X's and O's after that.

Rndy
05-05-2013, 02:04 PM
And it's funny how PJ gets fired but King doesn't since he traded for an overpaid Johnson and a lottery pick for an aging Wallace

Yep I'm sure Sloan would love to join that team!!

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 02:07 PM

that's the part that doesn't make sense. Why did King bring Joe Johnson and help the Hawks?

why does Brooklyn keep him after that? Another thing. Brooklyn had chances to make deals. But they kept trying to trade MarShon and Hump. I understand Hump but not MarShon. And they reject a straight up Hump for Ben Gordon deal. Gee... I wonder w/ Joe's legs shot and them not using MarShon, couldn't Ben Gordon have knocked a few open shots? wouldn't he have helped them make the 2nd round drawing the defense away from Deron and the clamped doubles and traps off Lopez?

BigBlueCrew
05-05-2013, 02:07 PM
depends how long the extension is. The GM's job is to get the talent there, which he did. His worst move was bringing Joe Johnson's contract there. But in the brand scheme they were moving to Brooklyn and needed that 2nd guy to sell to it's new fans. So you could say if D-Will didn't want JJ, the Nets needed him.

But there were better options.

OJ Mayo was 1 they would have been better off getting but not a star yet.

Look I know your a fan of this team/setup. Whatever you wanna call it. But it sux. When one coach, who happened to win a chip with the Spurs, failed, then another :confused: another fails. Which he really didnt BTW he was above .500 for what its worth. Maybe just maybe its the losers on the court. No matter what Chuck says.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 02:09 PM
I was there. Oh btw he quit, we didn't fire him brah. Nice try thou

Haha you were holding up your little "Save Dantoni" Sign too???

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Look I know your a fan of this team/setup. Whatever you wanna call it. But it sux. When one coach, who happened to win a chip with the Spurs, failed, then another :confused: another fails. Which he really didnt BTW he was above .500 for what its worth. Maybe just maybe its the losers on the court. No matter what Chuck says.

I don't even know what you mean by that. I talk about every team. It just so happens this team plays in NY. So I talk about them too. Also I think they underachieved and the coach wasn't that great. We know what the players are. :shrug:

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Again, none of you must have watched the Nets this year if you truly think PJ deserved to keep his job. We won off talent while having NO system.

2-ONE-5
05-05-2013, 02:11 PM

lol

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 02:12 PM
that's the part that doesn't make sense. Why did King bring Joe Johnson and help the Hawks?

why does Brooklyn keep him after that? Another thing. Brooklyn had chances to make deals. But they kept trying to trade MarShon and Hump. I understand Hump but not MarShon. And they reject a straight up Hump for Ben Gordon deal. Gee... I wonder w/ Joe's legs shot and them not using MarShon, couldn't Ben Gordon have knocked a few open shots? wouldn't he have helped them make the 2nd round drawing the defense away from Deron and the clamped doubles and traps off Lopez?

King brought in JJ to get DWILL to stay. DWILL himself said its why he reupped. It worked. JJ hit some nice game winning shots for us. Now Once we develop Brooks next season like we should have this season Amare and JJ can form the $100 Million bums club together.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 02:12 PM
So its ok to say when a team fails you shouldnt blame the coach, so coaches that win championships dont deserve credit? You put PJ on any of the last 10 championship teams I doubt they win a championship/

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 02:13 PM
King brought in JJ to get DWILL to stay. DWILL himself said its why he reupped. It worked. JJ hit some nice game winning shots for us. Now Once we develop Brooks next season like we should have this season Amare and JJ can form the $100 Million bums club together.

D-Will wanted him that badly? what was D-Will thinking?

NYJ - NYY
05-05-2013, 02:15 PM
So its ok to say when a team fails you shouldnt blame the coach, so coaches that win championships dont deserve credit? You put PJ on any of the last 10 championship teams I doubt they win a championship/

I thought u were leaving and the nets lost? You should know not following through with a bet makes u and everything u say irrelevant and everyone if they didn't before look at u as a clown

2-ONE-5
05-05-2013, 02:16 PM
doesnt matter who coaches the Nets its not a championship roster. Taking on JJ's sorry excuse for a contract was a huge mistake

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I thought u were leaving and the nets lost? You should know not following through with a bet makes u and everything u say irrelevant and everyone if they didn't before look at u as a clown

discuss the topic, I already said that deal is off because Bulls fans and a bull fan mod got me banned after Nets won game 1.

GiantsSwaGG
05-05-2013, 02:18 PM
JJ makes 108 million
Wallace makes 40 million

:laugh:

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 02:20 PM
JJ makes 108 million
Wallace makes 40 million

They were both all star players they get paid the big bucks.

raiderposting
05-05-2013, 02:20 PM
How can anyone be a nets hater? What is there to hate? Everything about the nets is just dull.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 02:21 PM

1. Phil
2. Vinny Del Negro
3. Jerry Sloan
4. Byran Scott
5. Stan Van Gundy
6. Patrick Ewing
Stan out of the whole pack , I hope he gets the blueprint

raiderposting
05-05-2013, 02:22 PM
discuss the topic, I already said that deal is off because Bulls fans and a bull fan mod got me banned after Nets won game 1.

Don't make bets if you just are going to make up some ********.

oak2455
How can anyone be a nets hater? What is there to hate? Everything about the nets is just dull.

Check the few fans that troll end of discussion , but you're correct they are dull

oak2455

He lies on a constant basis

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 02:23 PM

I can do whatever I want.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 02:23 PM
They were both all star players they get paid the big bucks.

Yesterday they couldnt beat the Liberty

29$JerZ
05-05-2013, 02:24 PM

You had no intention of leaving so quit lying.
No one got you banned but yourself.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Well they have tons of time.... I'm sure they'll pick a great coach to fit that Allstar roster

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM
amare makes 108 million
camby/kidd/felton makes 40 million

fify

Rndy
05-05-2013, 02:27 PM

Posting on PSD is a huge part of who he is though! God forbid he lives up to his bet that would mean he actually has a back bone.

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 02:28 PM

so you did nothing to get yourself banned? Com'on homie. :laugh2:

NYKNYGNYY
05-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Breaking!:
@What_They_Should_Do
Jerry Sloan to the Nets, Source: My prediction

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 02:30 PM

No actually I would have left but Bulls fans couldnt help themselves too upset after game 1 loss.

k.smith904
05-05-2013, 02:30 PM
lol at Jerry Sloan.

He retired because of Deron's attitude, why would he come back for him?

NYKNYGNYY
05-05-2013, 02:33 PM
lol at Jerry Sloan.

He retired because of Deron's attitude, why would he come back for him?

wow I feel like a retart hahahahaha I COMPLETLEY forgot

NYKNYGNYY
05-05-2013, 02:34 PM
if only deron and him had no negative past it would be a great fit IMO but who knows what would of happened if they didn't have that

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Stefan Bondy ‏@NYDNInterNets 37m
Deron Williams said he'd love to play for Jerry Sloan again.

and I'm sure Jerry Sloan wouldn't mind cashing a $15 Million check.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 02:38 PM

15 million is like a penny to the Nets. I could see Nets offer Phil Jackson a 4 year 600 million dollar contract.

Bruno
05-05-2013, 02:42 PM
No actually I would have left but Bulls fans couldnt help themselves too upset after game 1 loss.

doubt it.

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Stefan Bondy ‏@NYDNInterNets

Deron Williams said he'd love to play for Jerry Sloan again.

homie STFU :laugh2:

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 02:44 PM

not all the blame is on him, but a good coach would have chewed the team out for not playing with heart. pj just looked content.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Honestly down the stretch PJ coached like a guy who knew he had no shot of keeping his job which was pathetic.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-05-2013, 02:47 PM
wow I feel like a retart hahahahaha I COMPLETLEY forgot

"Retart", nice.

JOhnnyTHaJet
not all the blame is on him, but a good coach would have chewed the team out for not playing with heart. pj just looked content.

A good coach could have won us that 3 OT game as well. The fact that they didnt deny Nate the ball was a bit absurd.

NYJ - NYY
Honestly down the stretch PJ coached like a guy who knew he had no shot of keeping his job which was pathetic.

That's what happens when your 100 million dollar man builds a brick house

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 02:48 PM
A good coach could have won us that 3 OT game as well.

basically. deron played all 3 overtimes. :laugh:

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 02:49 PM
That's what happens when your 100 million dollar man builds a brick house

what would you do when a player is struggling? sit him down right? not in pj's mindstate.

NYJ - NYY
05-05-2013, 02:50 PM
In a win or go home game you stick with the players who got you there and hopefully they show up like they're paid too

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM

ok honestly I get where you coming from. But we went through this w/ D'Antoni, w/ Zeke and w/ Larry. How do you, put yourself in the owners and gm's shoes. You can't do much w/ the players right now. How do you as the GM or owner expect a fanbase to believe in a team who saw it's head leader which was PJ, saw him in a game 7 setting in Brooklyn. Robi Cano in the stands, CC, Joe Torre, Jay-Z, Rihanna and whoever else. Gm. 7 do or die gm.7, Saturday night, lights, stage, setting. Your team let the C squad, that 4 or 5 combos the Bulls threw out there was a summer league roster that came out and dropped 60 in the first half.

You're gonna keep that coach employed in New York City?

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
In a win or go home game you stick with the players who got you there and hopefully they show up like they're paid too

that's stupid as hell. what about when they don't ala joe johnson? he NEVER shows up in big games like this, but all of a sudden he's going to do what he's barely done in the playoffs and execute? :rolleyes:

NYJ - NYY
05-05-2013, 02:57 PM

that's stupid as hell. what about when they don't ala joe johnson? he NEVER shows up in big games like this, but all of a sudden he's going to do what he's barely done in the playoffs and execute? :rolleyes:

May be stupid but coaches ride or die with their "stars"

KniCks4LiFe
05-05-2013, 03:04 PM

Joe couldn't even move side to side. Homie I would have fired him on that same qtr. just for that. 1 for 11, he couldn't move at all. Gave them nothing. What would you do if Woody played Stat over Tyson or K-Mart and we loss a gm. 7 w/ him limping around? :laugh2:

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 03:04 PM
lets put it this way, if kevin durant couldn't shine under this guy, what makes you think a team of underachieving pricks could? dude tried to make KD a spot up shooter in seattle/oklahoma city. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Joe couldn't even move side to side. Homie I would have fired him on that same qtr. just for that. 1 for 11, he couldn't move at all. Gave them nothing. What would you do if Woody played Stat over Tyson or K-Mart and we loss a gm. 7 w/ him limping around? :laugh2:

^^^

NYJ - NYY
05-05-2013, 03:09 PM

I would have had derron and Lopez win the game for me ... And stat is offense Tyson and k mart are defense

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 03:13 PM
I would have had derron and Lopez win the game for me ... And stat is offense Tyson and k mart are defense

deron and lopez were getting paid attention to more, you need more than 2 go to guys. joe johnson obviously wasn't a go to guy last night.

NYJ - NYY
05-05-2013, 03:15 PM

deron and lopez were getting paid attention to more, you need more than 2 go to guys. joe johnson obviously wasn't a go to guy last night.

This is my point though who else did pj have to go to when the players who were supposed to be winning games in the playoffs for them were either not effective or were completely guarded?blatche maybe but he's was nervous at the line

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
This is my point though who else did pj have to go to when the players who were supposed to be winning games in the playoffs for them were either not effective or were completely guarded?blatche maybe but he's was nervous at the line

brooks could have been used. you gotta try anything at that point.

arkanian215
05-05-2013, 03:37 PM
0a

arkanian215
05-05-2013, 03:41 PM
0a

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Del Negro had a better season than PJ/AJ Del Negro had like almost 20 straight wins

arkanian215
05-05-2013, 03:42 PM
0a

arkanian215
05-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Del Negro had a better season than PJ/AJ Del Negro had like almost 20 straight wins

And just like PJ, couldn't get through round 1. I supposed he doesn't deserve any blame.

GiantsSwaGG
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM

I'm pretty sure he's made way more than 15 million thru out his career with the Utah Jazz. 15 mill is nothing to him at this point!

krisxsong
05-05-2013, 04:54 PM
For any of you, especially D-Lethal, who made fun of Nets fans for blaming PJ for so many of their issues and said that we were just soft fans that don't want to blame the players, here is PROOF that we're not the only ones who thought that way.

The Nets ownership and management had long seen Carlesimo as nothing more than an interim coach and had continuing problems with his rotation patterns and more importantly, his development strategy. The decision to move now, rather than wait, was the smart move, said a league source, adding, "May as well start attracting potential candidates!"

Over the past several months, both had used the words, "baffling," "mystifying" and "predictable" when discussing his substitution patterns. As for his management style, officials in and out of the Nets organization saw him as "stubborn," and not willing to change. There was also problems with communications as well.

The most consistent complaint though was with his development of young players, particularly Mirza Teletovic and MarShon Brooks, but also Tyshawn Taylor and Toko Shengelia. In comparing the strategy of Carlesimo and Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, one league official said Thibodeau was playing chess while Carlesimo was playing checkers. He cited Thibodeau's trust in players like Nate Robinson, Marco Belinelli, Nazr Mohammed and Marquis Teague while Carlesimo kept Teletovic, Brooks and Shengelia mostly nailed to the bench.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/5/5/4302656/nets-fire-p-j-carlesimo

This firing makes last nights loss a LOT easier.

RLundi
05-05-2013, 04:58 PM
"Retart", nice.

The comma should go inside the quotation mark.

b@llhog24
05-05-2013, 05:06 PM
DMF is at least funny...

This.

krisxsong
05-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh, and I think Thunder fans can attest to how horrible PJ is.

LOOTERX9
05-05-2013, 06:36 PM
PJ is horrible at substitutions. That 4th quarter substitution pattern in game 7 is what got him fired. That was atrocious

flclfanman
05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Sad that PJ is jobless given the turnaround performance he did with this Nets team post-Avery Johnson and bums like VDN and Brooks still have jobs :facepalm:

Seriously, how is VDN coaching ANYTHING right now? cant draw up half-court offense, can coach defense and cant corral NBA egos. Worthless...

Kashmir13579
05-05-2013, 07:17 PM
lol nets

ohreally
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM

As for the Nets losing the series, I pretty much agree with this. People making out like losing to Chicago is the worst travesty of all time. But really, without Rose and with health problems, they were a 5 seed and won every game they played against the Knicks.

It's also true that the Nets are lacking reliable bench.

But there wasn't much to the Nets gameplay or play calling, and PJ did too often have two guys on he floor that did not need to be covered. And I still think that if Teletovic had got some consistent minutes he would have been much of hat the Nets needed.

xxcubs22xx
05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Even if PJ wasn't the right coach, he still turned team 180 degrees from where they were headed with Avery Johnson.

And the Nets have A LOT of personnel problems in general. Teammwork, hustle, play calling and execution doesn't just fall on the guy with the clipboard.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Even if PJ wasn't the right coach, he still turned team 180 degrees from where they were headed with Avery Johnson.

And the Nets have A LOT of personnel problems in general. Teammwork, hustle, play calling and execution doesn't just fall on the guy with the clipboard.

yeah and those are going to be addressed aswell. PJ is gone is the first step. cant shape roster untill July.

OceanSpray
05-05-2013, 07:42 PM
pJ carlesimo is gone.. now it's time for DoMeFavors to begone as well!

imagesrdecievin
05-05-2013, 11:58 PM
All this "PJ turned the team around" talk ignores the fact that Avery's losing streak and PJ's success coincided with Lopez's injury. For all intensive purposes Avery and PJ were the same coach imo.

Knicks21
05-06-2013, 12:28 AM
For 15 mil I'd coach a team of Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry as the "stars"

For 150k i would coach a team of Marbury and Curry as the stars.

Greet
05-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Even when the Nets did good, PJ was still coaching terribly. It was just the talent. I'm excited to find out who our next coach is going to be.

Lim
05-06-2013, 03:33 PM
after not being able to beat team hospital aka the bulls, well deserved.

KnickaBocka.44
05-06-2013, 05:18 PM
ok honestly I get where you coming from. But we went through this w/ D'Antoni, w/ Zeke and w/ Larry. How do you, put yourself in the owners and gm's shoes. You can't do much w/ the players right now. How do you as the GM or owner expect a fanbase to believe in a team who saw it's head leader which was PJ, saw him in a game 7 setting in Brooklyn. Robi Cano in the stands, CC, Joe Torre, Jay-Z, Rihanna and whoever else. Gm. 7 do or die gm.7, Saturday night, lights, stage, setting. Your team let the C squad, that 4 or 5 combos the Bulls threw out there was a summer league roster that came out and dropped 60 in the first half.

You're gonna keep that coach employed in New York City?

Why couldn't JJ hit a shot again? Thanks.

KnickaBocka.44
05-06-2013, 05:26 PM
For any of you, especially D-Lethal, who made fun of Nets fans for blaming PJ for so many of their issues and said that we were just soft fans that don't want to blame the players, here is PROOF that we're not the only ones who thought that way.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/5/5/4302656/nets-fire-p-j-carlesimo

This firing makes last nights loss a LOT easier.

The players mentioned in those quotes and the situations of the teams couldn't be more different.

Bellineli, Robinson and Mohammed are all veterans while 3 of the 4 players mentioned for the nets are rookie second round picks.

Thibs was playing those guys out of necessity because of injury. He didn't want to trust them, he had to trust them.

WAYNEBO
05-08-2013, 02:42 AM
Why isn't B-Knuckle being considered? Vogel would be pissed, but Shaw would be a good fit in BKN.

effen5
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
So you think rich people just like to stop getting $$$$? How the hell do you think they stay rich? lmao

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9252085/source-phil-jackson-not-interested-brooklyn-nets-vacancy

Looks like money doesn't talk.

NYKnickFanatic
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9252085/source-phil-jackson-not-interested-brooklyn-nets-vacancy

Looks like money doesn't talk.

WHOMP WHOMMMP! :laugh2:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz