PDA

View Full Version : Rose and the NBA

DeeJay
05-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Derrick Rose said his status for the rest of the playoffs is "up in the air," but Adrian Wojnarowski contends that Rose has decided not to play this season.
Wojo cites "sources with the direct knowledge" who claim Rose has made a choice to rest his surgically-repaired left knee for the duration of the playoffs. The Bulls are used to playing without their resident MVP and they're simply hoping to have Kirk Hinrich (calf) and Luol Deng (illness) in uniform for Game 1 on Monday.
Related: Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng
Source: Yahoo! Sports
May 5 - 9:46 AM

Why they keep updating a situation, that aint really aint one, I mean they update the Rose` situation,:mad::mad: daily and it seems all is a big fat lie,why they keep on saying he might play tomorrow, but it aint happening, why they keep updating the situation, while Shumpert is already playing on a high level for weeks, The NBA is one big fat lie, it makes me sick. :mad:

Dade County
05-05-2013, 01:03 PM
NBA = Entertainment

The media machine is trying to put pressure on rose, because if he plays this series rating go through the rough... And they league will force a game 6 or 7.

but all parties involved will know the ending outcome... Lbj will get all the glory, and rose wants no part of that.

DeeJay
05-05-2013, 01:07 PM
I understand, but it still makes no sense. Its not a movie,

Dade County
05-05-2013, 01:11 PM
I understand, but it still makes no sense. Its not a movie,

Yes it is!

It's a mans soup opera...it's scripted somewhat.

rose sees it for what it is; he wants the bulls to add star power, so the league can show some love to the bulls too. and not only Lbj.

DeeJay
05-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I mean I love the game, but its becoming too political to me, and I dont like that trend..... AT ALL.

DeeJay
05-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Thank u for your honest reply, it makes sense.

Sactown
05-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Rose has physically be cleared to play for months.. At this point the only rational is, Derrick Rose has the mental strength that is equivalent to 9 year old little girls....

mgsports
05-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Just use him off the Bench or just in the last seconds of a game.

kenzo400
05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Yes it is!

rose sees it for what it is; he wants the bulls to add star power, so the league can show some love to the bulls too. and not only Lbj.

Yeah, but why would the Bulls management be doing that? I understand Stern because he wants more people watching the games. The Chicago arena will be sold out every game anyway and i'm sure just as many local fans will be watching it (with or without Rose)

Added- My bad, I think I replied to the wrong person. Either way though, I would like to state this point.

Chitownhero1992
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes it is!

This maybe the first and only time I've ever agreed with 100% of what a Miami fan has ever said...but you're correct, the NBA is a mans soap opera and very scripted. I've said for years it is rigged and that some things are made up and the Rose drama storyline is just another one for the NBA to cash in.

BULLSFAN0810
05-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't wanna say its rigged, but it is"helped along" imho the "Star Treatment" which includes all things under the rules you shouldn't do is not subject to those outside of being a star. The Refs/NBA no known system of checks and balancing. And I do think the Ref scandal was wide spread... Just One ref effected the outcome of games without others knowing or complaining about crazy calls!? LOGIC. The allowance of Super Teams (revenue) we can even go back and call out games that EVERYONE thought was rigged.. The phoenix series, The King Series..etc . Even Lebron James imho is/was being marketed by the NBA and when you see his games, the call tend to fall there way... Ie James not commiting a foul for a month or so. Its either a big scam or people are inept.

Max.This
05-05-2013, 05:26 PM
The NBA is rigged. Run by lawyers, its all about money. Anyone that thinks its not rigged or the outcomes aren't influenced by the NBA needs to work a little in the corporate world. Welcome to the real world

tredigs
05-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Combined IQ of the above posters? Over/under is set at 212.

Cano4prez
05-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Push

smiddy012
05-05-2013, 05:49 PM

I'm going to have to go with under.

If Rose really has made up his mind, then this is all smoke and mirrors from Thibbs. Thibbs is very Belicheck-ish when it comes to dealing with "injuries."

Funny how every other PSD member thinks they know what Derrick Rose is going through right now. I think many PSD members here enjoy ******** on nba players because it makes them feel better about themselves. And when it comes to Rose, Bulls fans are just as guilty, if not moreso.

If you want to see a bunch of grown men spaz out like teenage girls, then the PSD basketball forum is the place for you!

CubsBullsBucs
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
heres my issue with the whole Rose situation. I dont think its fair to the Bulls players if he came back at this point. Yes im sure every one of them would say that they are thrilled to have him back, but is it fair to guys like Butler, Nate, Kirk, and Marco? Rose would be playing at least 20 minutes a night, if not more if he came back. It looks really crappy of him if he came back for the spot light when his teammates have been grinding it out all year. Also, i think he knows if he comes back now, he will be really rusty. I dont think its a good idea to come back vs Miami, and then lose to Miami in the series. It would take a lot of hype out of his return for next year. I say sit out the year, and lets get Deng and Kirk back and give Miami a serious fight. If were lucky enough we can snatch game 1 because Miami is so rusty from resting over a week, and then all of the pressure is on them. The Bulls arent expected to beat Miami without Rose, so let them play freely and maybe they'll shock the world. If theres a team in the East that will do it, its Chicago. #GOBULLS #SeeRed

likemystylez
05-05-2013, 06:48 PM
heres my issue with the whole Rose situation. I dont think its fair to the Bulls players if he came back at this point. Yes im sure every one of them would say that they are thrilled to have him back, but is it fair to guys like Butler, Nate, Kirk, and Marco? Rose would be playing at least 20 minutes a night, if not more if he came back. It looks really crappy of him if he came back for the spot light when his teammates have been grinding it out all year. Also, i think he knows if he comes back now, he will be really rusty. I dont think its a good idea to come back vs Miami, and then lose to Miami in the series. It would take a lot of hype out of his return for next year. I say sit out the year, and lets get Deng and Kirk back and give Miami a serious fight. If were lucky enough we can snatch game 1 because Miami is so rusty from resting over a week, and then all of the pressure is on them. The Bulls arent expected to beat Miami without Rose, so let them play freely and maybe they'll shock the world. If theres a team in the East that will do it, its Chicago. #GOBULLS #SeeRed

You are aware that the NBA is not a YMCA youth league for 7 and 8 yr olds right. These are grown men playing in the most competitive basketball league in the world. I dont think anybody is concerned with how "fair" it would be to certain players. If they think rose can help the team win games- it makes sense for him to be back. LMAO.....@ "you dont think its fair"

flclfanman
05-05-2013, 06:59 PM
You are aware that the NBA is not a YMCA youth league for 7 and 8 yr olds right. These are grown men playing in the most competitive basketball league in the world. I dont think anybody is concerned with how "fair" it would be to certain players. If they think rose can help the team win games- it makes sense for him to be back. LMAO.....@ "you dont think its fair"

What he's saying is his team has been playing at a high level w/o him (as demonstrated with their 1st round series) and coming back now would 1) take minutes from the guys that got you this far (Nate, Marco, Hinrich,etc.) and 2) Would be impractical to start him in his first action in a year versus the leagues best team and their MVP.

Although I partially disagree with CubsBullsBucs (Rose should play a little given the ridiculous amount of injuries) I see his point.

BULLSFAN0810
05-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Rose will be ready game one.

OceanSpray
05-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Rose knows he's not going to play and doesn't admit it.

Oblivious
05-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Nba=entertainment.
Marc Gasol

BULLSFAN0810
05-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm going to have to go with under.

If Rose really has made up his mind, then this is all smoke and mirrors from Thibbs. Thibbs is very Belicheck-ish when it comes to dealing with "injuries."

Funny how every other PSD member thinks they know what Derrick Rose is going through right now. I think many PSD members here enjoy ******** on nba players because it makes them feel better about themselves. And when it comes to Rose, Bulls fans are just as guilty, if not moreso.

If you want to see a bunch of grown men spaz out like teenage girls, then the PSD basketball forum is the place for you!
But yet you're the only people out of a few that come in calling names insulting. If that isn't being low iq- like, I don't know what is. It would be different if people were just insulting but they aren't, its just you. The few who know nothing or know barely enough to play basic ball, not basket ball. So when you call out people be sure they insulted you first and even then be cool, because what you few are doing its called trolling, but In this new age of *****assness you can say what you want over the net without issue and may get away with it, but really your not saying much.. Enjoy your day.