PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the credit for Chi-town?

JasonJohnHorn
05-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Last season when Rose when down, the Bulls, despite having played well without Rose during the regular season, fell to the 76ers. The heart seemed to fall out of the team when Rose went down. This season many though the Bulls would struggle to make the playoffs without Rose, but the team played at a high level for the first half of the season and remained in contention for the division title up until around the All-Star break.

When the playoffs rolled around they not only found themselves without homecourt advantage int eh first round, but they ended up playing a game seven on the road. And not only was Rose still out, but so to was this past season's leading scorer Deng, who also happens to be the team's third best rebounder. Their primary ball handler was also out at the end of the series. And despite being without the guy who ran their offence last year (Rose) and this year (Hinrich) and being without their leading scorer (Deng), the Bulls still managed to go in to BK on the road in game seven and come away with a big win. They will now be heading into the second round of the playoffs, something I think few people thought would be happening without Rose suiting up.

Everybody seems to be eager to speak to the Nets' failure (I think that team has a great roster and just needs to make a good coaching change before contending, while perhaps adding a role player or two or perhaps a trade), but I think the real story here is the Bulls success in the face of adversity. People often down play great accomplishments like this by saying the other team just sucked, but the bottom line is the Bulls pulled out an amazing feat considering their prospects at the beginning of the season and the injuries they played with this series.

So who do you think is the primary reason for the Bulls' success? Thibs' coaching? Noah defence? Great team effort/chemistry? Or all of the above? What do you think made the difference for the Bulls?

Avenged
05-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Noah without a doubt.

LakersIn5
05-05-2013, 03:29 AM
definitely rip hamilton

ThaDubs
05-05-2013, 03:34 AM
I don't see them succeeding without all three of those things... obviously Thib is an outstanding coach... Noah has been terrific... the team's chemistry is great and Nate is really pumping the team up...

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Thibs. Without Rose, Deng, Hinrich, the only player on that team who actually has a recognizable name is Noah and they just beat a Nets team with 2 stars and some quality pieces.

Noah is key but I don't think the Bulls win if they had any other coach other than Thibs in this series.

Shkelqim
05-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Nets have two stars? I dont think do...

c.c.
05-05-2013, 04:42 AM
N and N!!! Nate and Noah

KnicksorBust
05-05-2013, 10:57 AM
The main reason is Thibs. Not only with his defensive schemes but also how he can turn unexpected players into quality performers is astounding. Nate Robinson - Jimmy Butler being the prime examples here. It reminds me of someone like Pop who maximizes the potential of players like Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Tiago Splitter, etc. Thibs is already sitting comfortably with the elite coaches of the game.

DR_1
05-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Thibs

DR_1
05-05-2013, 11:12 AM
definitely rip hamilton

:laugh2:

Ezio
05-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Before the playoffs, the top 3 coaches were debatable, after the playoffs, Thibs and Pop are the top 2.

R. Johnson#3
05-05-2013, 11:15 AM
The whole team.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Thibs and the Demons exorcised DMF's;)

D-Leethal
05-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Thibs deserves a TON of credit. But not at the expense of Noah. People overlook how much of an impact he makes by giving Thibs all the credit.

I'd take Noah over any C of the league. Most coaches need a PG to be an extension of themselves on the floor. Thibs preaches a different game - he needs a blood thirsty defensive quarterback to set the tone of the game and Noah does that better than anyone.

torocan
05-05-2013, 11:56 AM
The Bulls would like to thank Thibs, Noah, and most importantly the entire Nets roster.

Losing to the Bulls is one thing, losing to a crippled team missing multiple key players? That's pretty embarassing...

KingPosey
05-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I give the credit to the players as a whole. They played short handed, injured, sick, throwing up, all of that.

I also give credit to the Nets for playing tight and clamming up.

ModernDaySavage
05-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah Thibodeau did an amazing job coaching, but I give Noah mad props. Dude went beast mode after guaranteeing game seven. That is where it's at. I don't even like Noah's personality, but he's one of my favorite to watch play just because of his hustle/heart.

I Rock Shaqs
05-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't get why nobody is talking about Boozer he was a beast that whole series, so I would say the combo of Boozer/Noah.

Oh yeah and Joe Johnson.

BKLYNpigeon
05-05-2013, 12:16 PM
team defense and rebounding.

SLY WILLIAMS
05-05-2013, 12:33 PM
This is great. Noah is impressive as well but don't forget about what Nate has done despite playing with the flu.

pd1dish
05-05-2013, 12:45 PM
i would have added Nate Robinsons explosiveness on offense as well, but it was all of those factors combined. Bulls lose the series if Noah cant play and if Nate Robinson isnt scoring (whos averaging 17ppg in the post season).

Thibodeau, i think, brings the best out in all of the players and his defensive scheme has proven itself, so they all deserve credit. that was a real team effort to win that series.

D1JM
05-05-2013, 12:46 PM
all of the above. everyone wants to give all the credit to thibs, but you can't discrete the performances of nate, jimmy b, noah and boozer.

torocan
05-05-2013, 12:55 PM
all of the above. everyone wants to give all the credit to thibs, but you can't discrete the performances of nate, jimmy b, noah and boozer.

This. Great teams need great talent. Talent needs great coaching to bring the best out of them.

And when you don't have the best Talent, you need the great Coach even more.

The whole team and roster deserves credit, however I don't think it happens without Thibs either. Tom Thibodeau is just scary as a coach. Thibs, Pops and Doc Rivers are three coaches you never want to be playing against as a team.

ChicagoJ
05-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I voted all of the above, but very tempted to vote thibs. There is no way the bulls would have been at a game 7, let alone the playoffs if it weren't for the coach. Noah is the obvious #2. His game 7 performance was amazing. The rest of the team deserve credit as well. Again, there would be no game 7 if it weren't for nate's insane 4th quarter in the triple overtime game.

LakersOrNothing
05-05-2013, 01:07 PM
I think Rose gets the most credit. The team showed him he isn't needed and is just a punk

I just spoke to Noah and he said 4-0 Heats in the making. You heard it here first. Meanwhile, i'll be fishing with Kobe and his wife while helping the Spurs sweeping their arena

RiceOnTheRun
05-05-2013, 01:18 PM
The entire team, no doubt. But I gotta say, I have so much more respect for Nate Robinson now. Dude took a beating this entire series but still played with heart. Not to say I don't respect the rest of the roster, but Nate was just another role player in my mind before this series. Noah, Deng, Hinrich, Boozer, hell the whole team. They all deserve a f***ing round of applause for all the effort they put in. Wish they could give my Knicks a lesson or two.

Thibs too. The way he trained his team to persevere, is definitely admirable. I'll be honest, I had them tanking this year and 8/9th in the east. Proved me wrong. Props to the Bulls.

dtmagnet
05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Rose for his awesome sideline cheering.

Chitownhero1992
05-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Radman for team MVP! Without him we go nowhere!

Seriously without THibs and Noah this team wouldn't be the same. Thibs is Bulls coach for life! Noah will be our C for many years to come and once we get healthy look out NBA.

ohreally
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Thibs, Noah, Nate, Boozer, in that order. But I think too much is being made of this series with he Nets. Chicago was the 5 seed and the Nets were the 4 seed. Not much separation between them, and Chicago played the whole year without Rose, so he shouldn't be in the discussion. Noah was hurting a points throughout the year too. And Joe Johnson was playing with th same general injury as Noah, and I tend to think it was worse for Joe in this series.
Nets did not do themselves proud, but Chicago is still a good team. Knicks lost every game to them in the regular season, most decisively. Knicks are celebrating getting past a Celtics team that was the 7 seed, without Rondo and with Pierce not hitting anything or passing very well yet still nearly pulling it to 7th game.

sager729
05-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Thibs, Noah, Nate, Boozer, in that order. But I think too much is being made of this series with he Nets. Chicago was the 5 seed and the Nets were the 4 seed. Not much separation between them, and Chicago played the whole year without Rose, so he shouldn't be in the discussion. Noah was hurting a points throughout the year too. And Joe Johnson was playing with th same general injury as Noah, and I tend to think it was worse for Joe in this series.
Nets did not do themselves proud, but Chicago is still a good team. Knicks lost every game to them in the regular season, most decisively. Knicks are celebrating getting past a Celtics team that was the 7 seed, without Rondo and with Pierce not hitting anything or passing very well yet still nearly pulling it to 7th game.

You obviously didn't watch this series. The Bulls played w/o Deng and Hinrich multiple games. Noah was a monster and Boozer, Nate, Jimmy Buckets and even Belinelli really stepped up.