PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry

Source
05-05-2013, 12:31 AM
I predict he gets shut down by the Spurs and will finally learn what playoff defense is all about.

4-1 at the least, no Cinderella story here.

SugeKnight
05-05-2013, 12:35 AM
K

LAKobeBryant
05-05-2013, 12:38 AM
cool

shep33
05-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Watch him go off for 40

stawka
05-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Source: Source

Awesome

jrap2
05-05-2013, 01:57 AM
lol

bigmac8675
05-05-2013, 02:36 AM
lol
Cool story bro....

iFYouSeekAmy
05-05-2013, 03:09 AM
So this is where Chris Broussard gets his information...

Method28
05-05-2013, 03:22 AM
I like turtles!

ThaDubs
05-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Steph Curry with have an easier time with the Spurs than the Nuggets. But I agree with 4-1.

sf-fanatic
05-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Your prediction made my night

MackShock
05-05-2013, 03:55 AM
His predictions are realistic..

as a Warriors fan I'd have to reluctantly agree to 4-1. But they might surprise. They showed lots of grit vs the Nuggets. Wouldn't be surprised if they do.

c.c.
05-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Steph Curry with have an easier time with the Spurs than the Nuggets. But I agree with 4-1.

I seriously doubt that statement but his confidence is on cloud 9 now so who knows

tredigs
05-05-2013, 06:33 AM
I gave up doubting Stephen Curry a long time ago, Let's Gooo!!!

NYKNYGNYY
05-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Phew now I don't have to waste my time watching the series

elledaddy
05-05-2013, 07:54 AM
I predict he gets shut down by the Spurs and will finally learn what playoff defense is all about.

I think u meant to write 4-1 AT THAT MOST

blastmasta26
05-05-2013, 10:20 AM
There's no shutting down Curry. You could blindfold him, tie his hands behind his back, and he'll still knock down 3s.

KnicksorBust
05-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Maybe if you had the Grizzlies pitbull backcourt but he'll be fine against SAS.

GSRaider
05-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Great

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't know if he'll have an easier time with SA than Denver like I've seen in here... Pop knows how to game plan for 1 person very well. But someone like Steph you can't shut down, but just make their life difficult.

THE MTL
05-05-2013, 11:54 AM
You cant shut down someone who can shoot from anywhere once he passes the half court line.

ThaDubs
05-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I seriously doubt that statement but his confidence is on cloud 9 now so who knows

I think that the Warriors as a group may have lots of trouble with the Spurs but they do not have great off-ball defenders which Steph is going to absolutely love now that we've been starting Jarrett at 1.

mp3
05-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Warriors in 2

Meaze_Gibson
05-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Steph cant guard tp and tp cant guard steph lol..but I do think steph will tire tp out. While the spurs are a better defensive team, The nuggs had more personnel to contain curry with a fast pg in lawson, long athletic defenders (in iggy, brewer, chandler), physical and athletic shot blockers( in faried and mcghee). The spurs dont have those options so I still think curry will have a terrific series.

BKLYNpigeon
05-05-2013, 12:30 PM
who cares,

This is all Extra Gravy and Cherries on top for the Warriors.

If the Warriors can shoot 55% they can beat anyone. Warriors are an above average Defensive team, ranked 13th in the league and they're #4 team in the league in rebounding. They split the regular season series with the Spurs. they just need to keep pushing the ball and run!

Id give the Warriors a good shot, I wouldnt be surprised if they lost 4-1 or win in 7. either way it should be fun to watch.

R. Johnson#3
05-05-2013, 12:33 PM
This series will go to game 7 with the Warriors winning.

rocket
05-05-2013, 12:40 PM
I bet you he has one of the best stretches in his career in this series...

Nah but I see him draining 3's

ThaDubs
05-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Steph cant guard tp and tp cant guard steph lol..but I do think steph will tire tp out. While the spurs are a better defensive team, The nuggs had more personnel to contain curry with a fast pg in lawson, long athletic defenders (in iggy, brewer, chandler), physical and athletic shot blockers( in faried and mcghee). The spurs dont have those options so I still think curry will have a terrific series.

^

tredigs
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
We split the season series with SAS this season - including a win at their home for the first time in a decade or so; that was important for them. Bogut+Curry did not play in one loss, and they sat their guys in another. Curry averaged about 27/4/7 as he does, and I don't anticipate him having much trouble with TP and company. GS are clear underdogs, but the series is winnable. Can't wait.

TrueFan420
05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
We split the season series with SAS this season - including a win at their home for the first time in a decade or so; that was important for them. Bogut+Curry did not play in one loss, and they sat their guys in another. Curry averaged about 27/4/7 as he does, and I don't anticipate him having much trouble with TP and company. GS are clear underdogs, but the series is winnable. Can't wait.

Any series is when we shoot 50%+ from 3

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Spurs have defenders like Green & Leonard they can use as well. And Duncan is one of the best shot blockers/rim protectors in the league.

Don't let a team full of athletes perceive you as a better defensive team. The Spurs team defense is one of the best in the league, third in DefEFF only behind Memphis and Indiana. They know how to scheme with the best of them. And while you can't shut Curry down, they can definitely make him work for everything. (As I'm sure they'll do with TP)

And in regards to tiring out TP, it is possible. But Curry said his toughest covers are Westbrook and Parker, and Parker because he runs around so many screens in a half court set. Not to mention Parker has been off for 7-8 days already, so I wouldn't be surprised if Curry is the one who shows signs of fatigue first.

Also (not related to your post) but the Warriors last win, the Spurs were without Parker, Ginobili, Duncan, & Leonard. It's tough to use the regular season matchups as any sort of barometer. Their first win against SA, they were coming off a B2B. I believe Curry/Bogut were out in one of SA's meetings... So that 2-2 matchup record between the 2, especially with the various lineups is really pointless to bring up in this scenario

tredigs
05-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Spurs have defenders like Green & Leonard they can use as well. And Duncan is one of the best shot blockers/rim protectors in the league.

Don't let a team full of athletes perceive you as a better defensive team. The Spurs team defense is one of the best in the league, third in DefEFF only behind Memphis and Indiana. They know how to scheme with the best of them. And while you can't shut Curry down, they can definitely make him work for everything. (As I'm sure they'll do with TP)

And in regards to tiring out TP, it is possible. But Curry said his toughest covers are Westbrook and Parker, and Parker because he runs around so many screens in a half court set. Not to mention Parker has been off for 7-8 days already, so I wouldn't be surprised if Curry is the one who shows signs of fatigue first.

Also (not related to your post) but the Warriors last win, the Spurs were without Parker, Ginobili, Duncan, & Leonard. It's tough to use the regular season matchups as any sort of barometer. Their first win against SA, they were coming off a B2B. I believe Curry/Bogut were out in one of SA's meetings... So that 2-2 matchup record between the 2, especially with the various lineups is really pointless to bring up in this scenario

Get your rational analysis and know-how outta here!

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Get your rational analysis and know-how outta here!

:)

Curry said he's going to watch some film on how the Spurs defended CP3 in last year's playoffs to get an idea. They took Paul out of that series, but the problem with that is, Paul is nowhere near the shooter Curry is... I'm just anxious for this thing to start already, I think it's going to be a really fun series.

Meaze_Gibson
05-05-2013, 01:20 PM

I understand what you are saying but neither green or leonard are anywhere near igoudala. Also, I can def agree on tp tiring steph. Lawson was giving steph hell on those screens so you can imagine what parker will do. However, Duncan though, While a great shot blocker, is not the athletic shot blocker those two are. My emphasis is on athletic because those two could move around the court yet still protect rim. Duncan, at this stage cannot do both. Nugs always had an athletic shot blocker on the floor while Spurs are sure to have stretches. With all that said, I still think Spurs in six or seven but I'm thinking Curry will still get his.

tredigs
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
:)

Curry said he's going to watch some film on how the Spurs defended CP3 in last year's playoffs to get an idea. They took Paul out of that series, but the problem with that is, Paul is nowhere near the shooter Curry is... I'm just anxious for this thing to start already, I think it's going to be a really fun series.
Curry's deal is that he will rely on game intensity/turnovers and subsequent defensive lapses to find a squeak of daylight to start launching (1st halfs aren't generally his forte' for that fact. Teams are still too locked in). They just can't EVER let up in their rotations and anticipation if he's on the floor (and really Klay too, to a lesser extent), which makes every moment of the action exciting.

Spurs are the organization I respect the most, so for me it's just kind of a treat to see GS play them in the 2nd round while Duncan is still there. I hope and expect some awesome games.

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
I understand what you are saying but neither green or leonard are anywhere near igoudala. Also, I can def agree on tp tiring steph. Lawson was giving steph hell on those screens so you can imagine what parker will do. However, Duncan though, While a great shot blocker, is not the athletic shot blocker those two are. My emphasis is on athletic because those two could move around the court yet still protect rim. Duncan, at this stage cannot do both. Nugs always had an athletic shot blocker on the floor while Spurs are sure to have stretches. With all that said, I still think Spurs in six or seven but I'm thinking Curry will still get his.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd take a smart High IQ defender, over an athletic defender 10/10. That's like taking McGee over Duncan in terms of defense ability and rim protection. He doesn't need to move around like McGee would cause he's a much smarter player.

And your right Leonard or Green aren't Iggy. But the Spurs team defense is better than the Nuggets. What good is having great perimeter defenders, if your teammates don't understand rotations, help, close-outs, etc... I've seen the Spurs virtually shutdown great PG's like CP3, Irving, etc... Without having the athletes you speak of, and it's because they're a very smart defensive team. Proof of that, is they're first in the league in terms of fouls per game. So they defend well, and do it without fouling.

Saying all that, I can still see Curry getting his, my thing was, athletic players do not always mean better defenders, especially from a team perspective. It's more about philosophy. You can even look at this Bulls team or the Grizzlies. Not a lot of athletes on those teams, but it's the philosophy their coaches have in place that make them play the way they do.

BKLYNpigeon
05-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Curry shoots 63% in the 3rd period.

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Curry's deal is that he will rely on game intensity/turnovers and subsequent defensive lapses to find a squeak of daylight to start launching (1st halfs aren't generally his forte' for that fact. Teams are still too locked in). They just can't EVER let up in their rotations and anticipation if he's on the floor (and really Klay too, to a lesser extent), which makes every moment of the action exciting.

Spurs are the organization I respect the most, so for me it's just kind of a treat to see GS play them in the 2nd round while Duncan is still there. I hope and expect some awesome games.

Yea, and definitely Klay too. That's why from our point of view, taking care of the ball will be very important.

He has guarded TP well in previous meeting, TP has struggled with bigger defenders so I'd imagine Jackson goes to that if not from the tip, then at some point throughout Game 1.

Jarrett Jack was starting in the last series, you think Jackson goes back to bringing him off the bench for this series?

tredigs
05-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'd take a smart High IQ defender, over an athletic defender 10/10. That's like taking McGee over Duncan in terms of defense ability and rim protection. He doesn't need to move around like McGee would cause he's a much smarter player.

And your right Leonard or Green aren't Iggy. But the Spurs team defense is better than the Nuggets. What good is having great perimeter defenders, if your teammates don't understand rotations, help, close-outs, etc... I've seen the Spurs virtually shutdown great PG's like CP3, Irving, etc... Without having the athletes you speak of, and it's because they're a very smart defensive team. Proof of that, is they're first in the league in terms of fouls per game. So they defend well, and do it without fouling.

Saying all that, I can still see Curry getting his, my thing was, athletic players do not always mean better defenders, especially from a team perspective. It's more about philosophy. You can even look at this Bulls team or the Grizzlies. Not a lot of athletes on those teams, but it's the philosophy their coaches have in place that make them play the way they do.

It's not just you, although there's one play, the "elevator" double screen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spap2mBdAag) that has been virtually unstoppable in freeing up Curry in a bind, and I have a feeling they'll start implementing it in this series again. It will be interesting to see how they counter the calculated Spurs D.

Yea, and definitely Klay too. That's why from our point of view, taking care of the ball will be very important.

He has guarded TP well in previous meeting, TP has struggled with bigger defenders so I'd imagine Jackson goes to that if not from the tip, then at some point throughout Game 1.

Jarrett Jack was starting in the last series, you think Jackson goes back to bringing him off the bench for this series?

I'm hoping Jack starts on the bench but there's no indication one way or another yet. He's a ball stopper in the same vein as Monte, and infuriating to me for that fact. I love his intensity and willingness to step up, but he goes too far too often.

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 01:54 PM
It's not just you, although there's one play, the "elevator" double screen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spap2mBdAag) that has been virtually unstoppable in freeing up Curry in a bind, and I have a feeling they'll start implementing it in this series again. It will be interesting to see how they counter the calculated Spurs D.

That's a dam good play lol... Maybe with a zone, but SA doesn't use a lot of zone if ever,

I'm hoping Jack starts on the bench but there's no indication one way or another yet. He's a ball stopper in the same vein as Monte, and infuriating to me for that fact. I love his intensity and willingness to step up, but he goes too far too often.

Yea I would think he goes back to the bench, just cause with Manu playing well, you want to have his intensity and play maker off the bench to try and counter what Manu does.

tredigs
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Yea I would think he goes back to the bench, just cause with Manu playing well, you want to have his intensity and play maker off the bench to try and counter what Manu does.

I want Klay on Manu as much as possible. His defense has become dirty, I actually think he'll play him well. I anticipate a lot of 40+ minute games out of Klay+Curry. Hopefully 30-33 out of Jack but that's wishful on my end. Can this series start already? OKC just played!

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 02:07 PM
I want Klay on Manu as much as possible. His defense has become dirty, I actually think he'll play him well. I anticipate a lot of 40+ minute games out of Klay+Curry. Hopefully 30-33 out of Jack but that's wishful on my end. Can this series start already? OKC just played!

Tell me about it... GS ended their series on Thursday yet don't play till Monday. OKC & Memphis ended theirs on Friday and play today.

raiderposting
05-05-2013, 02:12 PM
I have the warriors beating the spurs. I see them losing to the grizz who will move on to be champs and beat the heat.

Lake_Show2416
05-05-2013, 02:23 PM
y is this a thread, it was started up by a random persons opinion who just made a PSD profile

/thread

lol, please
05-05-2013, 03:15 PM
So this is where Chris Broussard gets his information...

:laugh2:

lol, please
05-05-2013, 03:17 PM
You cant shut down someone who can shoot from anywhere once he passes the half court line.
:clap:

I think that the Warriors as a group may have lots of trouble with the Spurs but they do not have great off-ball defenders which Steph is going to absolutely love now that we've been starting Jarrett at 1.
This.

who cares,

This is all Extra Gravy and Cherries on top for the Warriors.

If the Warriors can shoot 55% they can beat anyone. Warriors are an above average Defensive team, ranked 13th in the league and they're #4 team in the league in rebounding. They split the regular season series with the Spurs. they just need to keep pushing the ball and run!

Id give the Warriors a good shot, I wouldnt be surprised if they lost 4-1 or win in 7. either way it should be fun to watch.Agreed.

b@llhog24
05-05-2013, 03:34 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417806_629953090366552_559786466_n.jpg

Maybe if you had the Grizzlies pitbull backcourt but he'll be fine against SAS.

Yea Tony/Bradley are really the only guys I can see making life hard for Steph.

b@llhog24
05-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Also, Manu is gonna go off against the Warriors.

lol, please
05-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Also, Manu is gonna go off against the Warriors.

:laugh2: Ok.

kdspurman
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM

You don't think it's possible? It's not like he said Corey Joseph was gonna go off...

tredigs
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Hall of Famer still still in his elite years. Laughable? Hah. You're a funny one, Phillies.

Manu's going to get his, but Klay will play him very tough, and I would not be entirely shocked if he wins the matchup. Could be the make or break of the series actually.

lol, please
05-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Hall of Famer still still in his elite years. Laughable? Hah. You're a funny one, Phillies.

Manu's going to get his, but Klay will play him very tough, and I would not be entirely shocked if he wins the matchup. Could be the make or break of the series actually.
Shh, i'm just bumping the thread silly. Throwing some jabs in before the series starts.

tredigs
05-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Shh, i'm just bumping the thread silly. Throwing some jabs in before the series starts.

One of the most contentious dudes around lmao. I can't wait bud.

ThaDubs
05-05-2013, 04:43 PM
There is some damn good debate going on in here... page three was a good read.

lol, please
05-05-2013, 05:00 PM
There is some damn good debate going on in here... page three was a good read.

Not as good as the read the GDT will be after the game we clinch the series in. :drool: Warriors.

SugeKnight
05-05-2013, 05:30 PM
I want Klay on Parker

yaswaggin
05-05-2013, 06:02 PM
curry is the worst pg in the nba, guy cant even make 8 threes a game

he should hang up his nikes and call it a career

ThaDubs
05-05-2013, 08:32 PM
curry is the worst pg in the nba, guy cant even make 8 threes a game

he should hang up his nikes and call it a career

I know... :pity: He needs to work on his outside shooting a BUNCH. Even then he probably belongs in the D League.

lol, please
05-05-2013, 09:39 PM
:facepalm:

TrueFan420
05-06-2013, 12:17 AM
:facepalm:

You do know he was being sarcastic

ColtsSpursTerps
05-06-2013, 12:51 PM

This. kdspurman saving me a lot of time w the great posts. Curry will score, there's no denying that, but I am pretty confident we win this in 4-5.

Missing56&33
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Stephen Curry , if he can remain healthy, lead the Warriors past the Spurs.

ThaDubs
05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Warriors could lose in 4 or win in 7. I wouldn't be surprised with either. As long as Steph is on his game.

DreamShaker
05-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Who is going to stop him? I know Pop is a great coach, and he might not go for 40 every night like he is tonight, but Bruce Bowen ain't walking through that door. They ain't the same team they were in the championship years on the defensive end, that is why Pop switched the focus to offense.

benzni
05-07-2013, 12:06 AM
lol going off for 40

Caveman508
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
lol OP go hide under a rock

QueensG_718
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
The op must feel like the only idiot right now lmao

sunsfan88
05-07-2013, 12:12 AM
The mods better ban OP right now LMAO!

Yea bro, definitely don't go around predicting anything anymore...your done!

Victimize
05-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Never doubt the GOAT shooter Stephen Curry

Caveman508
05-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Never doubt the GOAT shooter Stephen Curry

lol don't get ahead of yourself

gatkins11
05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Watch him go off for 40

Good call.

waveycrockett
05-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Manu just retire

Pakman
05-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Watch him go off for 40This is why he's one of the more intelligent posters on PSD.

Doogolas
05-07-2013, 12:49 AM
At this point it's taken him 33 shots. It's still a great game, but it was way more impressive when he was at, what, 35 on 25 shots. :)

Phenomenonsense
05-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Manu just retire

Lol

ThaDubs
05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Can't believe we lost. We outplayed them the whole damn game.

KniCks4LiFe
05-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Jack and Barnes went to Parker. Leaving Manu wide open :pity:

ThaDubs
05-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Jack and Barnes went to Parker. Leaving Manu wide open :pity:

Ur sig :drool:

Chrisclover
05-07-2013, 01:18 AM
He did it but the game was stolen by Ginobili with his wide-open 3

Watch him go off for 40

ThaDubs
05-07-2013, 01:19 AM
And yeah that was a brain neutral play... I forgot who's fault it was but that was ****ing ******** by them.

lol, please
05-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Can't believe we lost. We outplayed them the whole damn game.warriors are the better team and will win this series.

Guppyfighter
05-07-2013, 01:29 AM
We aren't better.

lol, please
05-07-2013, 01:30 AM
:dance:

ThaDubs
05-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Like your confidence but I can tell that's the alcohol talking ahaha

ThaDubs
05-07-2013, 01:38 AM
We lost a heartbreaker in SA in our first game in the second round... :pity:

*Rocky themesong*

*beat starts*

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

t0nyg11
05-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Watch him go off for 40

Nostradamus