PDA

View Full Version : Where Does Brooklyn Go From Here?

CubsBullsBucs
05-04-2013, 10:38 PM
This was ridiculous.

*The Bulls, without Rose, Hinrich, and Deng, beat a fully healthy Brooklyn team.
* As Kenny, Shaq, and Charles said, the Nets play with no heart. They play like its their 'job'. Yes, basketball is a business, but the players shouldnt show that on the court. I personally find Brooklyn one of the most boring teams to watch in the NBA.
* They have 3 max contracts on their team, and they couldnt beat a depleted Bulls squad. How can they ever beat a healthy Bulls team, Miami, Indiana or New York? They are only getting older. Being another year older will only hurt that team.
* Arguably their MVP this year was a 32 year old on a $1 million dollar contract, when they have 4 huge contracts on their team.
* They are the Miami Marlins of the NBA. They signed all of these older players to huge contracts, they move into a new stadium, and their season is considered a complete failure. There is no argument to suggest that next year or their future in general will be any better.
*This thread can also serve as a memorium for DoMeFavors, who vowed to resign from PSD if Brooklyn went down.
*In my opinion, its time to blow it up. Damion Lilliard Dwight Howard sounds great to me, but they went this route and I dont think it will get them anywhere. They are the new Atlanta Hawks of the Eastern Conference. This middle feeders who will always be there but never do anything.

TeamSeattle
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
They go back to being irrelevant

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
lol joe Johnson's contract is staying there, no one will want it

Sandman
05-04-2013, 10:43 PM
golfing

CubsBullsBucs
05-04-2013, 10:43 PM
They go back to being irrelevant

sad but most likely true.

if i had a heart id almost feel bad for them

Gators123
05-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Blow it up.

Cal827
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
They will be irrelevant until DoMeFavors becomes the next GM

onlythisfar41
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
This was ridiculous.

*The Bulls, without Rose, Hinrich, and Deng, beat a fully healthy Brooklyn team.
* As Kenny, Shaq, and Charles said, the Nets play with no heart. They play like its their 'job'. Yes, basketball is a business, but the players shouldnt show that on the court. I personally find Brooklyn one of the most boring teams to watch in the NBA.
* They have 3 max contracts on their team, and they couldnt beat a depleted Bulls squad. How can they ever beat a healthy Bulls team, Miami, Indiana or New York? They are only getting older. Being another year older will only hurt that team.
* Arguably their MVP this year was a 32 year old on a $1 million dollar contract, when they have 4 huge contracts on their team.
* They are the Miami Marlins of the NBA. They signed all of these older players to huge contracts, they move into a new stadium, and their season is considered a complete failure. There is no argument to suggest that next year or their future in general will be any better.
*This thread can also serve as a memorium for DoMeFavors, who vowed to resign from PSD if Brooklyn went down.
*In my opinion, its time to blow it up. Damion Lilliard Dwight Howard sounds great to me, but they went this route and I dont think it will get them anywhere. They are the new Atlanta Hawks of the Eastern Conference. This middle feeders who will always be there but never do anything.

Most important thing out of all of this. Unfortunately it probably wont happen and excuses will be made.

NYKalltheway
05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
change the coach and upgrade the PF position.

THE MTL
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Hope that brook Lopez comes into dominance. He's going to have to become 25ppg scorer for this team to win

DallasTrilla23
05-04-2013, 10:56 PM
They need to get Rid of Joe Johnson or they'll become the new hawks.

NYKNYGNYY
05-04-2013, 10:56 PM
josh smith

pray to get rid of joe Johnson hopefully for them they can trade him for a little bit of cap relief with some other mediocre players

smith&wesson
05-04-2013, 10:57 PM
they should retool. if they can trade d.williams, g.wallace, & joe johnson, that would be a start... or amnesty one of them if its an option.

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:02 PM
trade deron

bigbeardaboss
05-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Back to NJ

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Right where they are right now. A 5 seed first round exit.

DR_1
05-04-2013, 11:07 PM
They will be irrelevant until DoMeFavors becomes the next GM

:laugh:

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Deron + Wallace for Nash + Pau :)

Bad trade both ways

THE MTL
05-04-2013, 11:12 PM
they should retool. if they can trade d.williams, g.wallace, & joe johnson, that would be a start... or amnesty one of them if its an option.

I don't think they can use amnesty. They used it on Travis outlaw already

netsgiantsyanks
05-04-2013, 11:12 PM
fire pj, find a starting pf, not ****ing reggie evans either.

netsgiantsyanks
05-04-2013, 11:14 PM
but the nets aren't winning a championship anytime soon. that i know.

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Get rid of PJ and find a PF like mentioned above

Chronz
05-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Humphries+Marshon are their only tradeable assets. Thats pretty ******, they should hope Chicago wants to get out of Boozer's contract and go all in on former stars.

LAC supposedly wanted Marshon, how about for JC?

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Humphries+Marshon are their only tradeable assets. Thats pretty ******, they should hope Chicago wants to get out of Boozer's contract and go all in on former stars.

Does that even work financially?

Chronz
05-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Does that even work financially?

Which one? Boozer or Brooks? You would have to add some filler for both but that shouldn't be too hard.

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Which one? Boozer or Brooks? You would have to add some filler for both but that shouldn't be too hard.

Oh, I meant the Jamal Crawford for Marshon Brooks deal. Unless I misread your quote.

VendettaRed07
05-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Hire Jeff Van Gundy

Move Lopez over to being a PF. Get a Center that can rebound and block shots and play defense. Hes too soft to anchor the paint on a winning team.

Upgrade the bench, get another shooting guard to bench Joe Johnson when he plays terrible

ohreally
05-05-2013, 12:27 AM

I still think Teletovic and Shengelia will be players in this league, and they have Bogdanovich and Karaman in Euro league. If they can trade Hump and Marshon it would help. But I don't see why they fall off. They definitely need a coach though.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Hire a hit man to take out Joe Johnson. I'm sure Prokhorov knows some good ones that'll get the job done.

Outside of that idea, um, maybe go after some more overpaid contracts to go all-in on former stars like Chronz said.

shep33
05-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Lopez is fine at the center spot. Their weakness is on offense. They are a terrible jump shooting team. They just have trouble scoring in the worst ways.

Kyben36
05-05-2013, 12:52 AM
I think this thread is on the verge of being closed from the original post, but here is my opinion.

I definitly think that they needs alot of youth brought in, I think that Gerald Walace is on his last leg, and not really a great fit for them unless he was 5 years younger. Joe Johnson is highly over rated, takes some really ill advised shots. and their PF spot is basically irrelevant. I think they need to start from where they were a few years back with D will and Lopez, becasue those two are the staples of that team, Joe Johnson and Gerrald walace dont put them over the edge, and like they said durring the game they need hustle athletic players and they realy need to improve defensivly.

RaJAxTWa
05-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Deron + Wallace for Nash + Pau :)

Bad trade both ways

Get rid of PJ and find a PF like mentioned above

As a nets fan...i hope your kidding lmao

RaJAxTWa
05-05-2013, 12:56 AM
, i sort of want them to take the celtics rebuilding plan...the celtics will be set in two years and have an amazing 10 man rotation with a core of
rondo-bradley-green-sullinger-bass etc

DragonJaii
05-05-2013, 12:59 AM
they need to start over. they messed up big time.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-05-2013, 01:00 AM
, i sort of want them to take the celtics rebuilding plan...the celtics will be set in two years and have an amazing 10 man rotation with a core of
rondo-bradley-green-sullinger-bass etc

I would hardly call that amazing or their 10 man rotation. Thats a fringe playoff team at best and only because they're in the east.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 01:05 AM
It was the first year they keep getting better...

this thread is way to early

RaiderLakersA's
05-05-2013, 01:20 AM
On the one hand, they made the playoffs. That has to count for something. I don't think you should ever completely demolish a playoff team. They need better coaching and some young, talented, underpaid, hungry players who want to put Brooklyn on the map in a big way.

JasonJohnHorn
05-05-2013, 02:24 AM
The Nets have a solid roster. What they need is a better coach.

First thing I would look into doing is bringing in Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson, and then when free agency hits I would call up CP3 and try to work a sign-and-trade for him, moving D-Will to LAC. If CP3 does want to bolt from LAC, the Clipper would be happy, I'm sure, to get something back and D-Will would be a great consolation prize. If they don't want to take on the long contract, I'm sure they can get a third team involved that would take D-Will.

But even with D-Will, this is still a great core. They got a solid starting line-up under contract (D-Will, JJ, Wallace, Evans/Humph and Lopez. Bringing in a coach like Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan would do wonders for this team. No disrespect to PJ-C, but he has not proven himself to be among the best coaches in the league and Thibs frankly out-coached him.

The Nets have the talent required to win. They should explore potential trade options, as every team should, but a coaching up grade is what they desperately need.

Phenomenonsense
05-05-2013, 02:35 AM

this thread is way to early

So is this the second time you've said "I'll leave forever if blank" and not done it?

Dade County
05-05-2013, 02:40 AM
I will forever dislike the Nets now... I wanted the HEAT to face the Nets, so we could easily brake their will and win the series 4-0 or 4-1.

Now I have to deal with the bulls, I can admit that I can't stand them... Every point is going to have to be earned, the games are going to be so taxing. I can admit, I wanted the HEAT to have a cake walk, now they are in for a mini size WAR ( if rose was playing, then it would be a all out war )!

I cant stand the Nets!!!!

oak2455
05-05-2013, 02:43 AM
What they need to do if find page 53 of "the blueprint for success" and then they'll win countless championships!!! Book it bytches!! Nets are Back!!

JEDean89
05-05-2013, 02:46 AM
nets should trade g-wallace, jj and kardashian and build around Deron Williams, Marshon Brooks and Brook Lopez. They would wings but they are gettable even late in the draft. Maybe throw something at corey brewer for some energy? They need more dominant wings and Joe Johnson has underperformed his entire contract and you guys are stuck with it for 3 more year not to mention that he is owed 25 milion in the last year. it is virtually and untradeable contract and Billy King should have known that. The nets rushed to build a pretender instead of building organically. If you can't get a real superstar you shouldn't be paying the money. They could have

Lopez
D-Favors
Klay Thompson
Marshon Brooks
Lillard

with all the cap room in the world but prokhorov thinks money can cut through patience. they should look to how the knicks and heat brought help in around their stars this year after being over the cap. they're gonna have to get real creative.

JEDean89
05-05-2013, 02:46 AM
nets should trade g-wallace, jj and kardashian and build around Deron Williams, Marshon Brooks and Brook Lopez. They would wings but they are gettable even late in the draft. Maybe throw something at corey brewer for some energy? They need more dominant wings and Joe Johnson has underperformed his entire contract and you guys are stuck with it for 3 more year not to mention that he is owed 25 milion in the last year. it is virtually and untradeable contract and Billy King should have known that. The nets rushed to build a pretender instead of building organically. If you can't get a real superstar you shouldn't be paying the money. They could have

Lopez
D-Favors
Klay Thompson
Marshon Brooks
Lillard

with all the cap room in the world but prokhorov thinks money can cut through patience. they should look to how the knicks and heat brought help in around their stars this year after being over the cap. they're gonna have to get real creative.

sunsfan88
05-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Move Lopez to PF and sign Bynum and hope that he actually will try and play instead of being a POS and an idiot like he was with Philly.

cubs1st
05-05-2013, 03:12 AM
Who really would trade for JJ's contract though? There are still 3 years left on the deal.

Bravo95
05-05-2013, 03:27 AM
Lopez is fine at the center spot. Their weakness is on offense. They are a terrible jump shooting team. They just have trouble scoring in the worst ways.
FT shooting was an issue. But they try to mask deficiencies on both ends by slowing the game down, keep it low-scoring. Woodson tried that with the Hawks for years, flaws eventually got exposed by elite defensive teams... like tonight.

Rndy
05-05-2013, 04:26 AM
They go home and prepare for the 5th seed next year in basketball hell.

c.c.
05-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Back to NJ

New Jersey Nets > Brooklyn Nets

jam
05-05-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm still shocked this team won 49 regular season games. With some retread college basketball coach. I guess they're better than I thought. Or, maybe the EC is such a turd, it wasn't such a surprise after all.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
05-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Honestly, if they mess up with who they hire as a coach here, they will be mired in mediocrity for an extended period of time. They got a solid group of guys to build around, but what are they gonna do about that PF position? and also, their bench is BAD, like really bad. They have no backup C, the only guy that consistently did anything off the bench was Blatche and hes a headcase. They need to find a way to utilize and maximize Marshon Brooks' ability better, because if used correctly and confidently he could be a great 6th man off the bench for them who could spell Wallace. Overall, the Nets are probably headed towards many years of 1st-2nd round playoff exits, but if they make the perfect decision with their coaching vacancy you just never know what may happen..

The goods
05-05-2013, 05:59 AM
That's easy trade D.Will to the Lakers for Gasol, problem solved...... wait did you say help them or help us? lol

The goods
05-05-2013, 06:03 AM
They need a more fast paced offense their pick and roll game should be flawless with Lopez and Williams, get a new coach drop G force and try to go after Iggy.

archdevil84
05-05-2013, 06:50 AM

this thread is way to earlyyou arent allowed to talk anymore dude!

Munkeysuit
05-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Brooklyn got the kind of problems, Charlotte, Washington, Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas, Sacramento, Orlando, New Orleans and Utah with they had.

~Iggy~
05-05-2013, 07:16 AM
It's going to take a lot for them to improve past the Heat, Bulls, Knicks and Pacers in the coming seasons.

PhillyFaninLA
05-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I've never questioned that Dwight and Deron will end up together in Brooklyn so I think that the plan...not sure who they do it but I think that's the plan...maybe a sign and trade with the Lakhers.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Where we go?

1)Get Deron back to 100% and playing at an allstar level

2)Get a coach in here who knows what he's doing

3)Develop Lopez more

4)Develop our Euro talent.

JordansBulls
05-05-2013, 09:06 AM

Boozer has been great for us this year. Wish he played this well the past two seasons.

nycericanguy
05-05-2013, 09:12 AM
I mean the Nets are pretty much what everyone here (except DMF) thought they'd be... a good 45-50 win team that could possibly win a 1st round series.

But I don't see them getting much better. I know Net fans want to blame it on coaching all the time (first it was Avery's fault, now it's PJ's). But the truth is they are just not that good. They were very fortunate this year injury wise compared to the rest of the East, and they still couldn't win a series.

Next year you have Wallace & JJ a year older and further in decline. And can Brook stay healthy another year? Can they keep Blatche who was their only good bench player?

I think they need more guys like Evans who play with fire and emotion. Watching this Nets team its like they don't even like each other or don't want to be on the court.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 09:15 AM

Actually not true. Our best asset are our Euros. Bogdanovic, Toko and Mirza. We will add to that with picks in this draft. Marshon Brooks value was torpedoed by bad coaching. Expect it to rise back up next season because making him part of the rotation will be a priority for the next coach.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 09:25 AM
I mean the Nets are pretty much what everyone here (except DMF) thought they'd be... a good 45-50 win team that could possibly win a 1st round series.

But I don't see them getting much better. I know Net fans want to blame it on coaching all the time (first it was Avery's fault, now it's PJ's). But the truth is they are just not that good. They were very fortunate this year injury wise compared to the rest of the East, and they still couldn't win a series.

Next year you have Wallace & JJ a year older and further in decline. And can Brook stay healthy another year? Can they keep Blatche who was their only good bench player?

I think they need more guys like Evans who play with fire and emotion. Watching this Nets team its like they don't even like each other or don't want to be on the court.

Coaching so bad DAN GILBERT called PJ out on twitter lol. When the NBA owner of another team calls you out.... Bad coaching is bad coaching there is no way around it. PJC was an interim coach nobody was expecting miracles but you have to be better than that. JJ and Wallace are not in decline. Wallace showed that last night when the lights were brightest. JJ won a bunch of games for us this season with his play in the 4th quarter. Bottom line is we need a system that works and then we can figure out what players do and dont fit.

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Coaching so bad DAN GILBERT called PJ out on twitter lol. When the NBA owner of another team calls you out.... Bad coaching is bad coaching there is no way around it. PJC was an interim coach nobody was expecting miracles but you have to be better than that. JJ and Wallace are not in decline. Wallace showed that last night when the lights were brightest. JJ won a bunch of games for us this season with his play in the 4th quarter. Bottom line is we need a system that works and then we can figure out what players do and dont fit.

this i agree with. but i still believe that hoe johnson can't be trusted in big games.

nycericanguy
05-05-2013, 09:37 AM
There are only a few Thibs, Docs or Popovich's in the league... every other team will complain about coaching. Heck even some Celtic fans were complaining about Doc when BOS lost this year... it's always easy to blame the coach when you're losing no matter who that coach is.

The Lakers said it was Brown's fault and everyone wanted him gone so bad, they got what they wanted... and now they all want D'antoni gone too. It's a vicious cycle to always blame the coach. Avery won 67 games in DAL, 60 games another year, started 18-2 another year... but it was his fault in BK and they got him fired.

Now it's PJ's fault... I'm sure he'll be fired soon, and we'll see what happens with coach #3. at some point players have to take responsibility.

Wallace & JJ are not just in decline, they are in serious decline, a couple of good Wallace games doesn't change that. He averaged 7ppg, less than 5rpg shot under 40%, had a PER Wayyyy under league average... his production fell off 100% this year and instead of becoming more efficient playing with better players, his efficiency nose dived...bad sign.

JJ is just a jumpshooter at this point in his career, a low % one at that. He almost never gets to the FT line, and needs 15 shots to score 16 points. His PER says he was a below average NBA player this year. I don't see that improving, he's been declining in every facet of his game for several years now.

nycericanguy
05-05-2013, 09:41 AM
The 40/40 Club ‏@The4040 36m

Cam Newton, JR Smith, CC Sabathia, CJ Watson, Andre Blatche and Joe Johnson in the building! The lineup is serious tonight NY!

Blame the coach though of course.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 09:48 AM
The 40/40 Club ‏@The4040 36m

Cam Newton, JR Smith, CC Sabathia, CJ Watson, Andre Blatche and Joe Johnson in the building! The lineup is serious tonight NY!

Blame the coach though of course.

What does that have to do with anything? The 40/40 club is IN BARCLAYS CENTER lol. They invited ALL THE FANS to attend after the game. CC, Cano, Rhiannan and Cam Newton were there last night also.

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 09:48 AM
There are only a few Thibs, Docs or Popovich's in the league... every other team will complain about coaching. Heck even some Celtic fans were complaining about Doc when BOS lost this year... it's always easy to blame the coach when you're losing no matter who that coach is.

The Lakers said it was Brown's fault and everyone wanted him gone so bad, they got what they wanted... and now they all want D'antoni gone too. It's a vicious cycle to always blame the coach. Avery won 67 games in DAL, 60 games another year, started 18-2 another year... but it was his fault in BK and they got him fired.

Now it's PJ's fault... I'm sure he'll be fired soon, and we'll see what happens with coach #3. at some point players have to take responsibility.

Wallace & JJ are not just in decline, they are in serious decline, a couple of good Wallace games doesn't change that. He averaged 7ppg, less than 5rpg shot under 40%, had a PER Wayyyy under league average... his production fell off 100% this year and instead of becoming more efficient playing with better players, his efficiency nose dived...bad sign.

JJ is just a jumpshooter at this point in his career, a low % one at that. He almost never gets to the FT line, and needs 15 shots to score 16 points. His PER says he was a below average NBA player this year. I don't see that improving, he's been declining in every facet of his game for several years now.

it would be different if we had a competent coach and we were complaining. but carlesimo is ***.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Joe Johnson is a clown ... He trolled the Nets lastnight like some of their posters do regularly :)

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 09:52 AM

a good coach will utilize jj and wallace for what they're worth. if jj is merely a jump shooter, then there should be a system where he only catches and shoots, not bring the ball up court half the time.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 09:53 AM

Dead Wrong. There are a a handful of coaches in the NBA who know EXACTLY what buttons to push and WHEN to push them. Rick Adelman, George Karl, Mark Jackson, Lionel Hollins are all damn good coaches that could do this and shoot I think you could even add Mike Woodson to this list considering what he's done to the Knicks defense.

Bottom line is that you aren't a good coach unless you can squeeze every ounce of talent that your team has out of it. And with the check book our owner has we should get one of those guys easily now.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 10:00 AM
The Yanks were there because of Yes and that's that ... rihanna was there because she had no place to go, lol( should've had the concert instead). You guys can blame coaches all you want which I agree with, but they lost to who exactly on the Bulls? Tons of talent watched on the sidelines , what was Brooklyn's excuse ?

RaJAxTWa
05-05-2013, 10:01 AM
They will not be able to keep the core together, they ****ed up in office.

I said it multiple times that they should of traded Blatche at the deadline because they simply do not have the cap space to resign him. If they could of got a draft pick then they would be looking solid going into next year.

Dieng-C from Louisville ----> That guy will bring the defensive intensity that this club needs. I think this guy will be the one of the gems in this draft and he will provide the much needed toughness.

our draft pick = Shane Larkin-PG from Miami----> This guy will bring us a much needed spark and can learn behind Deron Williams. We can start our future with a core of Larkin, MarShon, Lopez, and Dieng.

Note: I would trade the world to get into the top 5 next year since there is so many good fricken players coming out. Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Julius Randel, and GR3.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 10:04 AM
The Yanks were there because of Yes and that's that ... rihanna was there because she had no place to go, lol( should've had the concert instead). You guys can blame coaches all you want which I agree with, but they lost to who exactly on the Bulls? Tons of talent watched on the sidelines , what was Brooklyn's excuse ?

I know a Knicks fan is not criticizing the Bulls right now. When you get a win against them you can start criticizing their roster again.

RaJAxTWa
05-05-2013, 10:06 AM
plus we have a sleeper prospect in Tyshawn Taylor, that dude can play.

Blow up everything trade Deron while his stock is at his highest in a long time. Try to amesty Joe Johnson or Wallace. Try to trade Hump. MAYBE CONSIDER trading Lopez, hes so raw on offense and defense but hes to damn soft on the boards and he would be hard to build around.

RaJAxTWa
05-05-2013, 10:13 AM
IMHO i would love to see them blow it up completely.

To summarize it haha

Draft Larkin, Tim Hardaway from Michigan, Gorgui Dieng(this year)
Keep young players- Tyshawn Taylor and Marshon Brooks

Trade Deron Williams and Brook Lopez for draft picks for next year and young players.

Try to rid the contracts of Hump, Joe Johnson, and Gerald Wallace.

What do you guys think?

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 10:13 AM
plus we have a sleeper prospect in Tyshawn Taylor, that dude can play.

Blow up everything trade Deron while his stock is at his highest in a long time. Try to amesty Joe Johnson or Wallace. Try to trade Hump. MAYBE CONSIDER trading Lopez, hes so raw on offense and defense but hes to damn soft on the boards and he would be hard to build around.

We could use the stretch provision on Gerald Wallace and basically only pay him $3-4 Million a year on the cap. Package Lopez with Joe Johnson to any team that really needs a Big Man like Portland, Boston or Philly to get JJ off the books or just keep JJ on the books and trade Lopez for picks while we tank. Trading Deron for young players and picks would be easy as pie. That the rebuild in a nutshell.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 10:19 AM
I know a Knicks fan is not criticizing the Bulls right now. When you get a win against them you can start criticizing their roster again.

Who played for the Bulls last night exactly ? Kirk ? Deng? We're the Nets healthy ? Enjoy the day ,because the Knicks are in the 2nd round ... ohhhh and our coach makes some really bad moves himself ... End of the day at home & healthy Nets should win that game..... With Jooooeeeeeey running wild

IndyRealist
05-05-2013, 10:20 AM
The Nets have a nice core of players. Deron has been playing closer to his Utah days, Lopez was better this year than he ever has, etc. The problem is that they overpaid for all those players. Every single position has an overpaid player (Williams, Johnson, Wallace, Humphries, Lopez), without a single one deserving of the size deal they got. There are simply no moves to make. They are locked into large, long term deals at every position, with no flexibility to make trades or bring in a 6th man.

They could pull an Atlanta and trade their starters for scraps and picks just to get out from under their deals. But that would mean admitting they were wrong to build this team in the first place, and I doubt they're going to admit that.

What they should NOT do is "upgrade" their PF. Reggie Evans, as the OP noted, is their MVP. He is a perfect compliment to Brook Lopez and covers up his deficiencies. If anything, Evans' replacement is already on the roster. Humphries may be a PR nightmare, but he's talented, athletic, and tougher than people give him credit for.

Offense is not the problem. Although they could use better 3pt shooting to space the floor, they finished the season 9th in offensive efficiency. Their slow pace was not covering up the offense it was hiding the defense, which ended the season 18th. The only team to advance that's not in the top half of the league defensively was the Knicks, who are better both defensively (16th) and offensivelly (3rd) than the Nets. In fact, 6 of the 8 teams to advance rank in the top 8 defenisvely (with the other outlier being the Warriors at 13th).

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Who played for the Bulls last night exactly ? Kirk ? Deng? We're the Nets healthy ? Enjoy the day ,because the Knicks are in the 2nd round ... ohhhh and our coach makes some really bad moves himself ... End of the day at home & healthy Nets should win that game..... With Jooooeeeeeey running wildDeng was their worst player this series lol. Typical Knicks fan blindly hating. Unfortunately Joey couldn't "run" wild on a bum foot. Dont worry We'll be saving a seat for you on the fishing boat.:)

lvlheaded
05-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Unfortunately for the Nets, they are most likely mired into a 4 or 5 seed with the core as it is. They have talent, but I'm not so sure it's ever gonna be enough to win a title. Especially since Wallace and Johnson are only going to continue to decline as they move through their 30's.

The Nets messed up. They made a desperate move to try and keep up with the other East teams by over paying Wallace and trading for an overpaid Johnson. Unless they find a way to open cap and get Dwight without giving up Lopez, they are pretty much locked into where they are

KnicksorBust
05-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Look at the Grizzlies blueprint for patience and success.

2009-2010 = won 48% of their games with Conley-Zbo-Gasol and Lionel Hollins
2010-2011 = won 56% with the same core
2011-2012 = won 62% with the same core
2012-2013 = won 68% with the same core

Deron Williams is 28.
Brook Lopez is 24.

They finally had a healthy season together and went 49-33 winning 60% of their games. If Nate Robinson doesn't have one of the flukiest hot quarters in NBA History then they make it to the 2nd round. Damn how good did they have to be for people to actually call it a successful season? Ridiculous. Let them play together for a few years before you blow the damn thing up!

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Look at the Grizzlies blueprint for patience and success.

2009-2010 = won 48% of their games with Conley-Zbo-Gasol and Lionel Hollins
2010-2011 = won 56% with the same core
2011-2012 = won 62% with the same core
2012-2013 = won 68% with the same core

Deron Williams is 28.
Brook Lopez is 24.

They finally had a healthy season together and went 49-33 winning 60% of their games. If Nate Robinson doesn't have one of the flukiest hot quarters in NBA History then they make it to the 2nd round. Damn how good did they have to be for people to actually call it a successful season? Ridiculous. Let them play together for a few years before you blow the damn thing up!

Exactly. I guess people dont realize that teams actually improve the more they play with each other. People said the same stuff about the Mavs 4 years ago. "Treadmill" team, they said the same thing about Grizzlies 2 years ago and the Knicks last season. Nets will definitely improve.

oak2455
05-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Deng was their worst player this series lol. Typical Knicks fan blindly hating. Unfortunately Joey couldn't "run" wild on a bum foot. Dont worry We'll be saving a seat for you on the fishing boat.:)

you forgot Kirk? like usual you forgot:D

JEDean89
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM
wavey crocket is desperately flailing his arms trying to grab something to hold afloat to. the nets cannot build a contender if they owe 20+ mil to Joe Johnson. i wouldn't blow it up, but i would make it so that everyone is tradeable except Deron and Lopez. Having a star Center and PG makes it really easy to rebuild a team but you need cap space.

Rndy
05-05-2013, 03:22 PM

And apparently Deng could't possibly turn it around like he did game 2! Sometimes people are so upset after losses they blindly forget how sports actually work.

ohreally
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM

The Knicks were very near going to a 7th game against a Celtics team that was a 7 seed, no point guard, and a plain burnt Pierce who couldn't shoot throughout the series. It's not like the Knicks' accomplishment was all that much superior to the Nets' failure. I have a hell of a lot of respect for he Celtics, but I think it was much more hey just couldn't find enough to win than it was the Knicks beating them.

DallasTrilla23
05-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Exactly. I guess people dont realize that teams actually improve the more they play with each other. People said the same stuff about the Mavs 4 years ago. "Treadmill" team, they said the same thing about Grizzlies 2 years ago and the Knicks last season. Nets will definitely improve.

I don't think the Nets will get that time to improve tho, The owner of the team guaranteed a title by 2015 or something like that and he doesn't seem like the patient dude.

murphturph
05-05-2013, 09:06 PM
They trade Watson and humphries for bargnani and Kleiza.... Can't really get better with no cap I guess

JOSKOMANG4
05-05-2013, 09:13 PM
IMO, work out a S&T w/the Lakers to acquire Dwight Howard. After the year Brook Lopez had, the Lakers would be willing to acquire the young center from the Nets.

D12 to the Nets in exchanged for Brook Lopez & 2-1st rd picks.

Nets:

C- Howard PF-Evans SF-Wallace SG-Johnson PG- D.Williams

As for the Lakers, after acquiring Lopez from the Nets, I would love for them to amnesty Kobe's Deal. I honestly believe Michael Jordan would acquire Kobe thru waivers. But with over 30mill for one player, the Lakers could use that money to acquire youth thru free agency and the draft.

OceanSpray
05-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Let's be honest, as long as Joe Johnson is there, the Nets are screwed. Worst contract signing in awhile... Even worse than Bynum.

DallasTrilla23
05-05-2013, 09:26 PM
IMO, work out a S&T w/the Lakers to acquire Dwight Howard. After the year Brook Lopez had, the Lakers would be willing to acquire the young center from the Nets.

D12 to the Nets in exchanged for Brook Lopez & 2-1st rd picks.

Nets:

C- Howard PF-Evans SF-Wallace SG-Johnson PG- D.Williams

As for the Lakers, after acquiring Lopez from the Nets, I would love for them to amnesty Kobe's Deal. I honestly believe Michael Jordan would acquire Kobe thru waivers. But with over 30mill for one player, the Lakers could use that money to acquire youth thru free agency and the draft.

Teams over the cap can't do sign and trades bruh

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Let's be honest, as long as Joe Johnson is there, the Nets are screwed. Worst contract signing in awhile... Even worse than Bynum.

Definitely not worse than Amare. Joe Johnson hit a ton of clutch shots for the Nets this year at the very least.

waveycrockett
05-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Teams over the cap can't do sign and trades bruh
Actually it's teams over the tax line, not the cap bruh

CubsBullsBucs
05-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Definitely not worse than Amare. Joe Johnson hit a ton of clutch shots for the Nets this year at the very least.

one of his biggest knocks is that he doesnt show up come playoff time. as was shown in game 7 big time. and if you make the argument that he wasnt healthy, ok, then he isnt clutch in the playoffs or he cant stay healthy. any way you slice it, he isnt worth all that money come playoff time

kobe4thewinbang
05-05-2013, 11:00 PM
LOL, Nets just fired their coach. Who's next on the chopping blocK?

jmoney85
05-05-2013, 11:03 PM
the nets will be fine... will they be a championship contender? no, but neither are any other team in the east not named the heat

Sinattle
05-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Wait for Dwight to come like he promised :rolleyes:

NoahH
05-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Un-trade Crash for Damian Lillard?

SportsFanatic10
05-06-2013, 10:04 AM
the near future ain't that bright, but they should have a few more 1st or 2nd round exits to look forward to at least...

ManningToTyree
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
They remain in NBA hell as a team who will consistently make the playoffs and get bounced in the first two rounds. They should try to blow it up and start fresh.

AlexTmz2
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
They need to get Rid of Joe Johnson or they'll become the new hawks.

+1

ghettosean
05-06-2013, 10:53 AM
one of his biggest knocks is that he doesnt show up come playoff time. as was shown in game 7 big time. and if you make the argument that he wasnt healthy, ok, then he isnt clutch in the playoffs or he cant stay healthy. any way you slice it, he isnt worth all that money come playoff time

Pretty much this...

Most people new Joe was overpaid when he got his contract the above quote says it all. Beyond that I'll just add in that I'm shocked that the nets lost to a team without Rose and in the last game without there 2nd best player as well in Deng :pity:

Getting torched by Belinelli has got to hurt a bit.

ghettosean
05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
the nets will be fine... will they be a championship contender? no, but neither are any other team in the east not named the heat

This is a good point as well... Read my sig if you need more info on that...

Sandman
05-06-2013, 11:58 AM
they need to trade Joe Johnson to a stupid over anxious team like the Nets

waveycrockett
05-06-2013, 01:24 PM
They remain in NBA hell as a team who will consistently make the playoffs and get bounced in the first two rounds. They should try to blow it up and start fresh.
At least we'll have the Knicks to keep us company there! lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-06-2013, 01:39 PM
:laugh: DMF probably committed suicide already.

Pistol_Pete
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Brooklyn couldn't have a losing team coming into their first year. They needed to make the moves they did. Lopez is playing like a top center, and the dude seems to be as nice and agreeable as they come. Deron had a bad stretch but played phenomenal after the all-star break. Joe Johnson is a problem though, like everyone said. A healthy JJ helps the team, even though he's definitely overpaid. He's not being moved though. No one will take him.

Lopez needs to step up his rebounding too. A 7ft guy who's the #1 option can't average 7-8. With a little improvement you could conceivably have a C putting up 22/10/2(blocks) and a PG putting up 20/10(assists). That's pretty good. The Nets need a shooter, and I think they ned some tough defense. I also think a vertan like Derek Fisher would have been invaluable this season.

They won 49 games, made the playoffs, and came within a few points of winning a playoff series. That's a pretty good upgrade for a team. Of course they need to retool a bit, and I think they'll at least do something, but they're not doing terrible.

torocan
05-06-2013, 07:44 PM
they need to trade Joe Johnson to a stupid over anxious team like the Nets

The irony here is that I've thought for year that Joe Johnson was an immovable contract. Not as bad as Amare, but not that far off.

Then the Nets took him last off season.

Is there another Brooklyn Nets out there to take Joe Johnson off their hands? That might be too much to hope for...

CubsBullsBucs
11-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Okay so this was a hot topic at the end of last year, but then they hired Jason Kidd and acquired KG and Pierce, and everyone shut up. Now I'm not already writing them off after 11 games(3-8), but does anyone seriously consider them championship contenders? Kidd has zero coaching experience, KG and Pierce are so old, D Will is inconsistent and injury prone, and Joe Johnson is Joe Johnson. If they dont win it this year, I have no idea what they are going to do. They are in a bad spot right now imo. Their ownership was extremely impatient. I love KG and Pierce, but cashing it all in for a single year seems silly. They will probably turn it up soon, but I'm not sold that they are championship contenders.

ATX
11-20-2013, 10:32 PM
:laugh: DMF probably committed suicide already.

At least his contributions were well contributions and not just..well comments like the one you just made.

Still very early in the season, but Kidd just looks as if he hasn't a clue. He's not ready to be a NBA coach by the early looks of it.

krisxsong
11-20-2013, 10:44 PM
The Nets future is a big question mark. They will have cap space soon when KG and PP come off the books, followed by JJ.

In 2015, only 2 years from now, the Nets will only have Deron Williams Brook Lopez Mason Plumlee, and Joe Johnson left. That will be Johnson and Lopez's final years of their contracts and Williams will have only 1 year left.

Big market, big arena, deep pockets = potential FA success, but we have to wait and see.

As for this Nets team now, they are trash. Worst record in the NBA is VERY fitting for them.

Here's the problems with this team.

1) Health. A lot of people said health will be an issue with this team, but nobody saw health being an issue with their two healthiest, and youngest, players in their starting lineup. Deron Williams post AS break last year was phenomenal. 22 and 8 on 48% from the field and 41% from deep. That DWILL is gone until he recovers 100%. He can't beat a center off the dribble right now.

2) Roles. Those idiots don't know their roles. Kevin Garnett thinks he's Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce forgot how to score. JJ is just about the only one who knows what he's supposed to do out there, along with Lopez but Lopez is gone. KG continues to take stupid long range shots, Paul Pierce can't hit an open shot to save his life, JJ is inconsistent, and DWILL+LOpez are hurt.

3) Execution. These morons couldn't execute a successful play in practice. Every time it's the same thing. DWILL goes around a KG pick, kicks it to KG. KG then kicks it back to DWILL with 10 seconds left on the clock. Is this on Kidd? Maybe, maybe not but it needs to be fixed. DWILL is also not being allowed to take over games. He is required to pass the ball everytime he touches it. He's too passive, he needs to be more aggressive.

THe guys have the same issues that they've had since Jason Kidd left New Jersey as a player. Stupid turnovers, unforced errors, inability to hit FTs in the clutch, piss poor defense. This is why I have abandoned them.

Think about it. They've played 6 lottery bound teams and lost them all, some of them being blow outs. They beat Miami who isn't off to a hot start, they beat Utah who might challenge Brooklyn for worst team in the NBA, and they beat a Suns team.

Yes I'm writing them off. My prediction is that they end up being 3rd in the draft and lose their pick to Boston. I honestly just don't see any reason to think they might turn this ship around. If the Nets had their pick I'd suggest tanking, but they don't...maybe they should just tank so Lopez and Williams can be healthy next year.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-20-2013, 11:16 PM
^ I'm not optimistic at all but it's literally been 11 games. It's okay to hit the panic button but calm down.

krisxsong
11-20-2013, 11:20 PM
^ I'm not optimistic at all but it's literally been 11 games. It's okay to hit the panic button but calm down.

I've gone far past panic.

TheMightyHumph
11-20-2013, 11:40 PM

Have you been watching the games?

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Have you been watching the games?

Obviously, and I'm just as pissed as the both of you are, but I'm not at the point where I've just thrown away this season.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-20-2013, 11:54 PM

Agreed. I wasn't impressed when we beat the Heat and I'm not panicking after losing to the Bobcats and starting off horribly. Unless Lopez or Dwill get a season-ending injury, we'll still get back. Looong ways to go.

And yes, I've watched a majority of the games and at least parts of all but one.

TheMightyHumph
11-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Obviously, and I'm just as pissed as the both of you are, but I'm not at the point where I've just thrown away this season.

Hey, it's one game at a time, but they are becoming difficult to watch.

mets100%
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
The will probably figure it out and reach the playoffs but they won't win the championship and the future looks really bad they have 61 million tied to 3 players(Deron,Joe,Brook) that are not superstars plus they don't have trade assets. Also they don't have they're own pick until 2019.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-21-2013, 12:05 AM
The will probably figure it out and reach the playoffs but they won't win the championship and the future looks really bad they have 61 million tied to 3 players(Deron,Joe,Brook) that are not superstars plus they don't have trade assets. Also they don't have they're own pick until 2019.

Incorrect. 2015, 2017 first round picks. Plenty of 2nd rounders and we always end up buying picks from the $3 million each team has to use.

TheMightyHumph
11-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Incorrect. 2015, 2017 first round picks. Plenty of 2nd rounders and we always end up buying picks from the $3 million each team has to use.

Not at all guaranteed they will have their own pick in '15 or '17

krisxsong
11-21-2013, 12:15 AM

You made yourself look really, really stupid.

Deron and Brook come off the books in 2 years, JJ in 3. Nobody else is signed past that.

I don't think you understand NBA rules. You can't trade consecutive 1st rd picks so we do a good amount of 1st round picks till 2019.

D-Leethal
11-21-2013, 12:16 AM
In all reality, Knicks and Nets are still tied for first in the division. As sorry as that is, nobody else is winning it.

mets100%
11-21-2013, 12:22 AM

Deron and Brook come off the books in 2 years, JJ in 3. Nobody else is signed past that.

I don't think you understand NBA rules. You can't trade consecutive 1st rd picks so we do a good amount of 1st round picks till 2019.

Deron expires after the 16-17 season JJ and Brook expire after 15-16 season. And the 2015 and 2017 pick has swap rights with Hawks and Celtics that mean they don't have they're own pick guaranteed until 2019.

krisxsong
11-21-2013, 12:23 AM
In all reality, Knicks and Nets are still tied for first in the division. As sorry as that is, nobody else is winning it.

I'd rather miss the playoffs and save myself embarrassment if I were a Nets fan.

EL_MACHETE
11-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm shocked about this team. I thought that they'll be one of the top teams with all of that experience players on their squad.. But they play with no passion, no heart. Brooklyn should rebuild but I doubt they'll give up on this team just yet

krisxsong
11-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Deron expires after the 16-17 season JJ and Brook expire after 15-16 season. And the 2015 and 2017 pick has swap rights with Hawks and Celtics that mean they don't have they're own pick guaranteed until 2019.

Well you know what, if the Hawks are actually gonna be pretty good then yeah I could def see a swap but that doesn't mean they don't have a 1st round pick till 2019. It means the Hawks can swap picks with them two years.

I actually think the Nets and Hawks will be perennial lottery teams so I don't think it matters too much.

mets100%
11-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Well you know what, if the Hawks are actually gonna be pretty good then yeah I could def see a swap but that doesn't mean they don't have a 1st round pick till 2019. It means the Hawks can swap picks with them two years.

I actually think the Nets and Hawks will be perennial lottery teams so I don't think it matters too much.

No the Nets will reach the playoffs this year and next year then they will start rebuilding.

krisxsong
11-21-2013, 12:30 AM
No the Nets will reach the playoffs this year and next year then they will start rebuilding.

No they won't trust me.

krisxsong
11-21-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm shocked about this team. I thought that they'll be one of the top teams with all of that experience players on their squad.. But they play with no passion, no heart. Brooklyn should rebuild but I doubt they'll give up on this team just yet

I don't get why people keep talking about heart. There is no such thing as heart. That's just a word to glorify the perceived effort level of a player.

They won't give up on the team yet, but it doesn't matter they suck big time

TheMightyHumph
11-21-2013, 12:31 AM

JJ & Lopez come off the books in 2016. Deron off in 2017.

Nets have '15 and '17 1st rd picks, which Celtics have option of swapping their pick for.

mjt20mik
11-21-2013, 12:38 AM

Raptors are first bud, with Philly second.

therealwd27
11-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Wait so your telling me the Nets didn't win the Finals? I thought when they beat the Heat that game and all those threads by such knowledgeable basketball fans they won. Smh guess not.

krisxsong
11-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Wait so your telling me the Nets didn't win the Finals? I thought when they beat the Heat that game and all those threads by such knowledgeable basketball fans they won. Smh guess not.

It was one guy.

Avenged
11-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Lets not bump old threads. Just create a new one.