PDA

View Full Version : Did the Nets make a mistake?

GiantsSwaGG
05-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Trading for an overpaid Joe Johnson and a lottery pick for an aging Gerald Wallace? Joe, although plays well in the regular season, he plays notoriously bad in the post season. Wallace was an aging player with an expiring contract? Did the Nets make a mistake trading for those guys?

Thoughts

LAKobeBryant
05-04-2013, 10:33 PM
how many bricks did jj throw up

stawka
05-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Joe is the most overrated and overpaid bum in the world. He makes Kobe's contract look like a vets minimum

Jenceman
05-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Hell yeah they were mistakes.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-04-2013, 10:37 PM
They pushed a bulls team that is a challenge to the heat Knicks etc. That was one good outcome

But in the long run joe Johnson's overpaid contract will hurt them, cause not one team will want it. And they really have no legit threats except d will. Wallace is a wild card and joe Johnson is ok when he's feeling it

Phenomenonsense
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
They pushed a bulls team that is a challenge to the heat Knicks etc. That was one good outcome

But in the long run joe Johnson's overpaid contract will hurt them, cause not one team will want it. And they really have no legit threats except d will. Wallace is a wild card and joe Johnson is ok when he's feeling it

A bulls team without Deng and Rose wouldn't challenge the Heat.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
They made the JJ deal I think the keep Deron Williams there, and it worked. He had a tough shooting night (tonight), he's not healthy, and it's their first season together with 2 different coaches.

Sure they need to make a couple tweaks, but when you look at what they did last year, and compare to this year.... They're at least on the right track.

Cubby
05-04-2013, 10:41 PM
The only mistake they made was even trotting out on the court. They have no heart.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-04-2013, 10:46 PM
If the bulls face the heat in the playoffs it will go to game 7 even without deng or rose lol dat versatility and defense

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 10:56 PM
DWill handcuffed them. Forced them into short term desperation mode and now their team is a capped out Atlanta Hawks.

Jets012
05-04-2013, 10:57 PM
The only mistake they made was even trotting out on the court. They have no heart.

Please stop with foolishness. I'm assuming you didn't see Wallace or Evans play tonight. You guys beat us in 7 and deserved to win, but when you make dumb comments like this, you make your fan base look bad.

OP: You seem to know the answer, don't see why you are starting a thread when you know what the reactions are going to be. They needed to trade for JJ to keep D-Will. No one thought Lopez would play this well.

DWill handcuffed them. Forced them into short term desperation mode and now their team is a capped out Atlanta Hawks.

Disagree. This team has much more talent then those Hawks team. The won 49 games just on talent this year. IF they retool a bit (trade Humph and Brooks) to get a roster that fits together (someone like Korver to stretch the floor at the 3) and sign a better coach, the Nets are going to be a threat next year. This was their first season together. Lopez should only get better and I truly believe this is the real D-Will

DoMeFavors
05-04-2013, 10:59 PM
No it was coaching and lack of end of bench depth that cost us the win. Joe was fine

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 10:59 PM
They made the JJ deal I think the keep Deron Williams there, and it worked. He had a tough shooting night (tonight), he's not healthy, and it's their first season together with 2 different coaches.

Sure they need to make a couple tweaks, but when you look at what they did last year, and compare to this year.... They're at least on the right track.

Yea but the track stops here. How do they improve? They are locked in to Dwill-JJ-Crash-Lopez. They need a serious facelift because that core is not winning anything significant. They need an emotional leader in the worst of ways, and I think that guy needs to be more than a role player vet. They need a significant player to lead this team.

Cubby
05-04-2013, 11:03 PM

Please stop with foolishness. I'm assuming you didn't see Wallace or Evans play tonight. You guys beat us in 7 and deserved to win, but when you make dumb comments like this, you make your fan base look bad.

OP: You seem to know the answer, don't see why you are starting a thread when you know what the reactions are going to be. They needed to trade for JJ to keep D-Will. No one thought Lopez would play this well.

Then don't blow game 7 at home against a team absolutely DECIMATED by injuries. Any team with any sense of urgency wouldn't let that happen and that's not even talking about being down by 15+ at the half.

Even if other fans, Bulls or not, aren't saying it, most of them are sure as hell thinking it.

Jets012
05-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Then don't blow game 7 at home against a team absolutely DECIMATED by injuries. Any team with any sense of urgency wouldn't let that happen and that's not even talking about being down by 15+ at the half.

Even if other fans, Bulls or not, aren't saying it, most of them are sure as hell thinking it.

I guess Boston has no heart too and fans love to say KG/Pierce play with heart. Same with the Clippers and Nuggets. None of those guys must have cared. You're seriously downplaying the Bulls. Even with those injuries they are still a great team (probably the 2nd best team in the East) and a tough matchup for the Nets. Just because the Nets don't have the most outgoing guys in the world doesn't mean they don't care. I swear 1 analysts says it and people swarm on it.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 11:09 PM
The Nets made a ton of mistakes the past year. I said before the season starts, this is your core for the next 2-3 years Nets fans, enjoy at best making it to the second round. Johnson actually had his best playoff numbers since leaving Phx, that is how bad he has been in the playoffs over his career. Deron is just not a top tier PG, and Lopez is their best player. The Crash trade made zero sense when it happened, seems even worse now. They are stuck with what they have basically, as a core, for a couple more seasons. The new owner had a knee jerk reaction to stay relevant instead of really building a team.

I don't mean this to bash the Nets, simply stating what should be the obvious. There just isn't any upside with this team.

BKLYNpigeon
05-04-2013, 11:10 PM
not really, the Nets are a good solid team. I dont think they were built to win a championship right away, but they were built to be competitive and be in the playoffs every year. keeps the fan base happy, alive and in the conversation.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Yea but the track stops here. How do they improve? They are locked in to Dwill-JJ-Crash-Lopez. They need a serious facelift because that core is not winning anything significant. They need an emotional leader in the worst of ways, and I think that guy needs to be more than a role player vet. They need a significant player to lead this team.

Yea, without a doubt. Brooklyn feared losing Deron so they got JJ, they couldn't risk making this huge move to NYC with a ****** team.

I am agreeing with everything you are saying though in terms of what they need. They don't need to make anymore blockbuster moves, just a couple tweaks, I think adding a shooter like Kerr/Barkley were saying would be a good start. Just someone who can knock down the open 3.

I guess we'll see what happens, this team will continue to be a playoff team, but to get to that next level they will of course need some changes. Brook's continuing development will be big, and we'll see if he can turn into more of a "quiet" lead by example kind of leader.

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 11:12 PM
To those making Hawks analogies: 3 years ago, Atlanta won 53 games (#3 seed) plus one playoff series in a deeper Eastern Conference.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2010.html

The Nets better HOPE they can accomplish at least that much after all of the key inured players in the East get healthy.

29$JerZ
05-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't like their core at all.
It's a solid Regular season core, playoffs are different though.

Deron/JoeJ can work but you need a serious upgrade at PF and you need Crash to rebound from his awful season.

They have very little pieces/trade assets to add to the team.
They have a 1st round pick I believe, and have to hope they can get a good PF for Hump/Brooks.
That's it, this is their roster for the next few years.

What's worse is this was possibly the very best season they could put together. They were as healthy as they could be, got the 4th seed with Chicago having no Rose all year, Washington missing Wall most of the season, Boston losing Rondo, Philly losing Bynum/Richardson, and they still couldn't get pass the first round. It will not get any easier from here, they blew their best chance to make some noise this year.

They really need to strike gold this offseason.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Lots of people said they essentially became the treadmill Hawks, seems like they were right. But I suppose its better than losing Deron.

They were in a lose lose situation. CP3/Blake did something similar with us and DJ. Really wish GS took him.

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:21 PM
I wish they hadn't wasted so much money on mediocre players. Johnson and Wallace are pretty unmovable.

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 11:25 PM
What's worse is this was possibly the very best season they could put together. They were as healthy as they could be, got the 4th seed with Chicago having no Rose all year, Washington missing Wall most of the season, Boston losing Rondo, Philly losing Bynum/Richardson, and they still couldn't get pass the first round. It will not get any easier from here, they blew their best chance to make some noise this year.
I agree.

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Johnson and Wallace are pretty unmovable.
I disagree.

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:26 PM
I disagree.

Really?

Joe Johnson is making 21.3 mill next year, 23.2 mill the year after, and 25 mill the year after that.

Pretty much the definition of unmovable

LayBraun
05-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Absolutely. The whole roster management has been an absolute debacle.

lamzoka
05-04-2013, 11:27 PM
No it was coaching and lack of end of bench depth that cost us the win. Joe was fine

Wasn't u the one saying the nets was the deepest team in the NBA?

Chronz
05-04-2013, 11:28 PM
I disagree.

What kind of deal can you see happening with him?

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Lots of people said they essentially became the treadmill Hawks, seems like they were right. But I suppose its better than losing Deron.

They were in a lose lose situation. CP3/Blake did something similar with us and DJ. Really wish GS took him.

That was pretty much my thinking as well

Chronz
05-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Only guy dumb enough to trade for JJ might be Jordan, but hes got Cho running things I think.

Still, if anyone takes JJ, its gotta be a bad team.

Gordon+Tyrus Thomas for JJ? Thats such an overpay for nothing tho.

I really cant see JJ going anywhere. Who else has a gargantuan contract?

lamzoka
05-04-2013, 11:34 PM
The only positive thing in his team is Brook Lopez

AI
05-04-2013, 11:35 PM

But I thought Miami was the only team who could beat you with your current coach and lack of end bench? Always a new excuse with you. They are overrated, always were.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Just ran through the teams again, JJ aint going anywhere man. This is the new age of the cap and analytics .

Houston is showing the league how to rebuild without sucking and without tying up all your cap space at once.

Maybe if Kahn was still around.

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah, JJ is not going anywhere, lets just stop with him being a trade asset. Solid player, but his contract is just insane

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Really?

Joe Johnson is making 21.3 mill next year, 23.2 mill the year after, and 25 mill the year after that.

Pretty much the definition of unmovable
Just saying he already got dealt when Hawks fans thought he was unmovable.

Then the celestial clouds opened up... and Billy King appeared.

Sota4Ever
05-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Just ran through the teams again, JJ aint going anywhere man. This is the new age of the cap and analytics .

Houston is showing the league how to rebuild without sucking and without tying up all your cap space at once.

Yeah because Kahn loves trading for overpriced old talent..:facepalm:

shep33
05-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Just saying he already got dealt when Hawks fans thought he was unmovable.

Then the celestial clouds opened up... and Billy King appeared.

:laugh:

True, but it was a desperation move to keep Deron. Just such a weird situation that eventually brought him to Brooklyn.

likemystylez
05-04-2013, 11:52 PM

THIS!!!.... The Nets came out with no energy, they didnt have any urgency until the 3rd quarter. This is a game 7 against a Bulls team missing 3 rotation players. Yet, the bulls players looked like they were going for the throat early. Sitting hear and critiquing trades, wondering if gerald wallace is a good fit, and evaluating Joe Johnsons contract are not the things that the Nets front office should be most concerned with right now.

They didnt lose this game and series because they dont have the right pieces. They lost this game and this series because they didnt have the hunger to win. They were outworked by players like Nate Robinson and Jimmy Butler. The Bulls dont have a bunch of superstars. The nets are capable of destroying them (as shown in game one).

Bravo95
05-04-2013, 11:55 PM
:laugh:

True, but it was a desperation move to keep Deron. Just such a weird situation that eventually brought him to Brooklyn.
See this could have all been avoided if Joe just accepted the Hawks' 4-year/$60M offer before hitting FA 3 yrs ago.

He turned it down and that set off a chain of events that led to two fan bases hating him, and Jay-Z becoming an agent.

ragee
05-05-2013, 12:15 AM
No. Those moves were made to lure Deron into resigning with them. Without those moves, there was a chance for the Mavs to steal Deron away from them.

sportsfan222
05-05-2013, 12:36 AM
the nets are pretty much screwed long term.

while they may have lots of talent on paper, as we all know, games are not won or lost on paper, but on the court. watching the nets, like many have stated, they dont really have a lot of heart, something a team like the bulls do.

this year the nets finished 4th in the east, and got a matchup with a bulls team, that yes they do give it their all every game, and deff deserve a ton of credit for that, but when u r missing derrick rose, have noah playing on one foot, no kirk hinrich for 3 games, and deng who is arguably there best all around player without rose playing, missing the final 2 games, and yet u still can not win the series, then when exactly is this team going to win a playoff series?

they have no cap room, so they will not really be able to improve their roster dramatically, they will prob finish lower in the conference next season, so they will not get that home court like they did in this series, and the top teams in the east will only be better next season, with rose back for the bulls, and the pacers will get granger back, who should give them a lift offensively.

bottom line is the nets should have won this series to prove they were a good team, but as many people have stated, despite having lots of talent on paper, and clearly more than the bulls without rose, they lack the heart on the court, and therefore lose a series to a completely depleted chicago bulls team.

nets are in deep trouble long term. they will make playoffs yearly because it is the east, but will not be seeing the 2nd round for a while barring major injuries to top east teams.

ohreally
05-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Wallace was a bad move. Though I can see why they thought they should do it. Joe will be Joe, and that's ok.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Trading for an overpaid Joe Johnson and a lottery pick for an aging Gerald Wallace? Joe, although plays well in the regular season, he plays notoriously bad in the post season. Wallace was an aging player with an expiring contract? Did the Nets make a mistake trading for those guys?

Thoughts

Is the sky blue? Why ask a question you and everyone else already know the answer too?

Even though they did it to keep Deron, why, just why would you trade for JJ's contract? Deron or no Deron, they aren't going to win a championship with JJ on payroll.

DragonJaii
05-05-2013, 12:55 AM
so will domefavors leave the site forever?

shep33
05-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Add some shooters and they'll be okay. Brook will only get better, but their perimeter guys need to help him out. They are horrid shooters.

RLundi
05-05-2013, 03:23 AM
I love how at the time of the Wallace trade Nets fans were trying to justify it by saying they were in win-now mode and needed a veteran like Wallace and not a rookie. How did that work out for you?

Dumb trades, terrible management, shoddy coaching and a boring on-court product. This team is about as captivating as their logo and uniform. Everything about the Nets just screams mediocrity.

c.c.
05-05-2013, 07:48 AM
They will be blowing this team up in a couple years

torocan
05-05-2013, 11:53 AM
The Nets are screwed.

Their roster is packed full of mediocre players making absurd money. Their cap is fubar and they can't even offer a mini-MLE or do a S&T in the off season.

They have multiple players on crazy contracts that no team in their right minds would take without robbing the Nets blind in a trade. And many of those players are at the tail end of their prime, so it will only get worse from here.

They went deep into the hole to hold on to Deron, and now they have a mish mash mess of a Roster without any real synergy, lacks offensive punch, plays mediocre defense and can barely rebound to save their lives.

The Nets are the new Knicks when it comes to cap hell. Sure, the Knicks have the albatross contract of Amare, but add it all up I'd rather be the Knicks than the Nets any day of the week.

Tough place to be in. Shiny new arena and the only thing Shiny on the court this year is the turd they laid in the Play offs.

nycericanguy
05-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Keep in mind they wanted a competitive team to open up their new arena, and a 49 win team is competitive.

But as far as elite, title contender they made a mistake. They gave up a TON to obtain and appease Dwil.

Kantor
Favors
Lilliard

That's just off the top of my head. They could have had those guys and not taken on JJ and Wallace. It would be Lopez, those 3 guys and a ton of cap space. That team would have much more long term potential.

AntiG
05-05-2013, 12:06 PM
They made the playoffs after having an impressive season in their first year in BK. no, not a mistake. Did u want them start their Brooklyn tenure as a bottom feeder?

KnicksorBust
05-05-2013, 12:10 PM
No. They made those moves for a reason and with those moves they won 60% of their games and have plenty of time to keep their centerpieces together.

Bruno
05-05-2013, 02:16 PM

no he wasn't.

kobe4thewinbang
05-05-2013, 02:22 PM
I can't believe the Bulls won. It was looking bad for them having lost 2 in a row, one at home, and having to play with Hinrich & Deng. I will say the Nets are better than they were before acquiring Wallace, Williams & Johnson, but they still need time and tinkering to be a real threat in the Eastern Conference.

netsgiantsyanks
05-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I can't believe the Bulls won. It was looking bad for them having lost 2 in a row, one at home, and having to play with Hinrich & Deng. I will say the Nets are better than they were before acquiring Wallace, Williams & Johnson, but they still need time and tinkering to be a real threat in the Eastern Conference.

now that pj is gone, we just need a good coach and actual shooters.

DoMeFavors
05-05-2013, 03:59 PM
no he wasn't.

You are right he was really injured and could hardly walk

2-ONE-5
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM

what? they pushed a hobbled and worn down bulls team that was missing 4 key players in game 7 on the road and WON

THE MTL
05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Look at the time, it looked like Deron Williams was leaving for Dallas. The Nets did what they had to do. They re-up and showed their star that they were serious about competing. Had it not have been for Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace being signed, I HIGHLY doubt D-Will would have stayed and then the Nets would have been eliminated from playoff contention a few months ago as opposed to a first-round playoff loss.

Nets just got it build on this roster.

Cracka2HI!
05-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Long term they made terrible moves. That wasn't their goal. They wanted to keep Williams an open their new arena with a winner. They did succeed with that. Much like with my Clippers fans/posters just rip teams for not winning it all. Well only 1 team does that every year. Can you tell me the Nets did not improve? I can't say that. I do think the Wallace trade was terrible like I did when they made it but they hoped they were getting a much better player than they got. They improved their team this year with the Johnson trade. I don't think that can even be debated.

Greet
05-06-2013, 08:36 AM

They really need to strike gold this offseason.

Please explain to me how this is going to be our very best season? Lets not forget that Deron Williams played the whole first half of the season injured, Joe Johnson missed 12% of the season, Gerald Wallace missed a handful of games. Lets not forget that Brook Lopez just turned 25, and he can only get better.

With new coaching, development with our players and maybe a new face or two on the court next year. I think it's very fair to say that this was far from our best season yet.....

Johnson actually had his best playoff numbers since leaving Phx, that is how bad he has been in the playoffs over his career. Deron is just not a top tier PG, and Lopez is their best player. The Crash trade made zero sense when it happened, seems even worse now. They are stuck with what they have basically, as a core, for a couple more seasons. The new owner had a knee jerk reaction to stay relevant instead of really building a team.

Johnson had his best playoff #s while playing injured the whole time. Even being quoted saying "I feel like I'm playing on one leg." I think it's a fair assumption that Joe Johnson would have been much better healthy. Deron was probably the best (or second best) PG for the second half of the season, he is getting surgery this off-season and should be 100% healthy for the first time in years. I agree with the Crash trade, that one really sucks considering we could have had Lillard or Barnes...... (Even though I'm certain PJ would have ****ed over their development anyways)

The only way JJ could be traded is if the Nets eat up some of the contract (Which I don't know if that is allowed in the NBA honestly)

THIS!!!.... The Nets came out with no energy, they didnt have any urgency until the 3rd quarter. This is a game 7 against a Bulls team missing 3 rotation players. Yet, the bulls players looked like they were going for the throat early. Sitting hear and critiquing trades, wondering if gerald wallace is a good fit, and evaluating Joe Johnsons contract are not the things that the Nets front office should be most concerned with right now.

They didnt lose this game and series because they dont have the right pieces. They lost this game and this series because they didnt have the hunger to win. They were outworked by players like Nate Robinson and Jimmy Butler. The Bulls dont have a bunch of superstars. The nets are capable of destroying them (as shown in game one).

No heart??? Are you kidding me..... How the hell does a team with no heart bring a 3-1 series into game 7? Did every team that lost in the first round have no heart....? They lost this game because they got out coached, out hustled and out played. Simple as that. Telling me that a team down 3-1 bringing it to a game 7 has no heart is nonsense.

while they may have lots of talent on paper, as we all know, games are not won or lost on paper, but on the court. watching the nets, like many have stated, they dont really have a lot of heart, something a team like the bulls do.

this year the nets finished 4th in the east, and got a matchup with a bulls team, that yes they do give it their all every game, and deff deserve a ton of credit for that, but when u r missing derrick rose, have noah playing on one foot, no kirk hinrich for 3 games, and deng who is arguably there best all around player without rose playing, missing the final 2 games, and yet u still can not win the series, then when exactly is this team going to win a playoff series?

they have no cap room, so they will not really be able to improve their roster dramatically, they will prob finish lower in the conference next season, so they will not get that home court like they did in this series, and the top teams in the east will only be better next season, with rose back for the bulls, and the pacers will get granger back, who should give them a lift offensively.

bottom line is the nets should have won this series to prove they were a good team, but as many people have stated, despite having lots of talent on paper, and clearly more than the bulls without rose, they lack the heart on the court, and therefore lose a series to a completely depleted chicago bulls team.

nets are in deep trouble long term. they will make playoffs yearly because it is the east, but will not be seeing the 2nd round for a while barring major injuries to top east teams.

I seriously don't understand what goes through your guys head when you post. This lack of heart **** is ridiculous. Just because they don't have high character guys (Like Robinson, Noah, Boozer), doesn't mean they don't have heart. Especially for a team that has Gerald Wallace, who puts his whole body into every possession of every game, I want to see you tell that guy he has no heart. I want you to go watch tape of D-Will throughout his whole career, and tell me that guy has no heart. Just because they don't show emotion on the court, doesn't mean they have no heart.

Are you telling me that the Nets are lazy too? They just decide when they want to try.... Those players gave it all they had every game of the series, and they just got outplayed.....

As I pointed out before, the Nets are going to improve next year. Players will get healthy, people will develop, and we will actually have a coach that knows how to run an offense. I would love to see the % of ISO plays the Nets run vs the rest of the league. Probably has to be top 5, maybe even top 3.

The Nets are the new Knicks when it comes to cap hell. Sure, the Knicks have the albatross contract of Amare, but add it all up I'd rather be the Knicks than the Nets any day of the week.

Tough place to be in. Shiny new arena and the only thing Shiny on the court this year is the turd they laid in the Play offs.

The Nets accomplished a **** load more in their first year in NY with D-Will then the Knicks did with Melo. The Nets won 3 playoff games this year, Melo won 1 in his first two years. Melo got swept by a rival in his first year, that's embarrassing. He sure as hell must of not shown any "heart" that series. Or the next season when they where able to win one game. Him, Amar'e and Tyson must have lacked the "heart" to win games, I mean clearly by the way Tyson Chandler plays....he must have enough "heart" for everyone.

This **** is just getting old now

No. They made those moves for a reason and with those moves they won 60% of their games and have plenty of time to keep their centerpieces together.

Thank you!!

torocan
05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
The Nets accomplished a **** load more in their first year in NY with D-Will then the Knicks did with Melo. The Nets won 3 playoff games this year, Melo won 1 in his first two years. Melo got swept by a rival in his first year, that's embarrassing. He sure as hell must of not shown any "heart" that series. Or the next season when they where able to win one game. Him, Amar'e and Tyson must have lacked the "heart" to win games, I mean clearly by the way Tyson Chandler plays....he must have enough "heart" for everyone.

And I suppose you're just going to ignore the multiple seasons of Crap that Deron served up since he signed with the Nets? Oh yah... ZERO play offs prior to Brooklyn. Or does Deron get a pass because they changed Arenas?

This was the first year Melo has had a relatively healthy and competitive team to make a run at the play offs. Same goes with the Nets. This is what you saw in the seeding. The clock didn't start when they signed, the clock started once they both had a competitive team on the floor in the play offs.

And yes, the Knicks got knocked out in the first round last year... without a starting or back up PG (Lin with surgery, Baron Davis blew out his ACL), lost their best perimeter defender due to ACL injury (Shump), lost Amare for 2 games (Hello fire extinguisher), and Chandler entering the series with the Flu (on IV before game 1). And oh yah, they were playing against the Miami Heat, the #1 seed, the future NBA Champions and presumptive favorites to repeat.

The Knicks last year were the underdogs going against Miami Before the injuries. Once they hit the play offs they were dead men walking. In other words, they were the Bulls THIS year.

As for the Nets? The Nets got their clocks cleaned by a crippled Bulls team that had No Rose, and lost Boozer and Hinrich mid series with a hobbled Noah and STILL beat the Nets.

Let's see, which version of the Bulls was better than the Nets in the play offs?

With Rose? Given.
Without Rose? Check.
Injured Noah? Check.
Without Hinrich? Check.
Without Boozer? Check.

See the difference? The Knicks lost the series they were Supposed to lose. The Nets lost the series they were Supposed to Win.

Keep hugging those Nets jerseys, but a turd is still a turd no matter how you polish it. The Nets played like crap the first half of the season, they played well the 2nd half, and then lost to a team they had NO business losing 2 games to, let alone the series. And blowing it while playing in Brooklyn? An outrage.

Sorry, no comparison. No comparison at all.

Lim
05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't know but I see that you like fat black women.

I am Smart
05-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't know but I see that you like fat black women.

Lmao. That sig is disgusting.

Rndy
05-06-2013, 05:10 PM
They screwed up bad they tried to get an easy ring while taking all these contracts without ever actually realizing none of those players are superstar talent. Should have built through the draft if Deron wanted to leave fine trade his *** and build around Lopez and the draft.

Pistol_Pete
05-08-2013, 02:20 PM
No. They didn't make a mistake. They needed to have a winning team when they moved to Brooklyn. A team that can win and get to the playoffs was more important at the time than a losing team that you can build up. They simply could not have moved to Brooklyn in a new arena, with a losing team, or a team that missed the playoffs. They did what they had to do to stay competitive. The business decision trumped the basketball decision.

Yes, it's going to hurt them a bit because they are locked into JJ, Wallace is overpaid, and while I love D-Will, he shouldn't be a max player. But they had to do it. And guess what? They won 49 games. They made the playoffs. The extended the series to a game 7. Talk about the losing to the Bulls who were missing Rose, Deng, and Hinrich, and giving up points to Nate Robinson, but the defending champions and repeat favorite did the same thing.

The Nets getting bumped in the first round of the playoffs 3 years in a row is better for them business wise, than missing the playoffs for 3 years and making the conference finals in the fourth year.

It make look like a mistake on paper, but no, no mistake.

blahblahyoutoo
05-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Wasn't u the one saying the nets was the deepest team in the NBA?

Weren't.
Apologies if English is not your native tongue.

BklynKnicks3
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Nets are the new hawks

FYL_McVeezy
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
And I suppose you're just going to ignore the multiple seasons of Crap that Deron served up since he signed with the Nets? Oh yah... ZERO play offs prior to Brooklyn. Or does Deron get a pass because they changed Arenas?

This was the first year Melo has had a relatively healthy and competitive team to make a run at the play offs. Same goes with the Nets. This is what you saw in the seeding. The clock didn't start when they signed, the clock started once they both had a competitive team on the floor in the play offs.

And yes, the Knicks got knocked out in the first round last year... without a starting or back up PG (Lin with surgery, Baron Davis blew out his ACL), lost their best perimeter defender due to ACL injury (Shump), lost Amare for 2 games (Hello fire extinguisher), and Chandler entering the series with the Flu (on IV before game 1). And oh yah, they were playing against the Miami Heat, the #1 seed, the future NBA Champions and presumptive favorites to repeat.

The Knicks last year were the underdogs going against Miami Before the injuries. Once they hit the play offs they were dead men walking. In other words, they were the Bulls THIS year.

As for the Nets? The Nets got their clocks cleaned by a crippled Bulls team that had No Rose, and lost Boozer and Hinrich mid series with a hobbled Noah and STILL beat the Nets.

Let's see, which version of the Bulls was better than the Nets in the play offs?

With Rose? Given.
Without Rose? Check.
Injured Noah? Check.
Without Hinrich? Check.
Without Boozer? Check.

See the difference? The Knicks lost the series they were Supposed to lose. The Nets lost the series they were Supposed to Win.

Keep hugging those Nets jerseys, but a turd is still a turd no matter how you polish it. The Nets played like crap the first half of the season, they played well the 2nd half, and then lost to a team they had NO business losing 2 games to, let alone the series. And blowing it while playing in Brooklyn? An outrage.

:clap::clap::clap:

Nice ownage right here sir...everything said here was on the money!

Knick_Fever
05-08-2013, 04:02 PM

JJ was 1-9 from 3pt, 2-14 for the game and most of his 3's he was wide open on. Yeah Im sure he was just fine.:rolleyes:

waveycrockett
05-08-2013, 11:32 PM

With Rose? Given.
Without Rose? Check.
Injured Noah? Check.
Without Hinrich? Check.
Without Boozer? Check.

LMAO that team just took Home Court Advantage away from Miami AKA Defending CHAMPS ya CLOWN on LeBron's MVP Night. Keep acting like their bums. Thats why the Knicks got SWEPT by the Bulls this season.

And LOL @ calling Deron's past 2 season crap. When he's averaged 20 and 8 the past 2 seasons. With those CRAP numbers he'd still have better numbers than any Knick PG since Walt Frazier LOL. And did it shooting a better fg% than JR Smith. The guy ur fellow fans love to slobber over.

Gritz
05-08-2013, 11:48 PM
They sold tickets

maddBat
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
the worst thing we did this season was get wallace. BUT the reason was it was the worst it that he was misused badly. hes a transition hustle player. we averaged like 5-8 fast break points at most all season. we had no plays for him and used him as a kick out 3 point shooter.

we have a good team. its just the coach doesnt know how to use them correctly. it still angers me to know how he wasted a year for marshon brooks. the kid has cobwebs in his fro from sitting on the bench all season. we all know his d isnt that great. but to play stackhouse/bogans over him is absurd.

the biggest nets mistake choosing the wrong coach. hopefully the next 1 doesnt suck as bad and have 90% iso plays