PDA

View Full Version : James Harden Plans To Recruit Free Agents For Rockets

JordansBulls
05-04-2013, 01:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9241237/oklahoma-city-thunder-get-houston-rockets

On his way out of the building, furthermore, Harden told ESPN.com that he intends to be an active member of the Rockets' recruiting efforts this summer.

"Hell, yeah," Harden said. "There's a lot of good options out there."

Asked specifically about the Lakers' Howard, with the Rockets widely regarded as the team with the best shot of stealing him away from L.A., Harden broke into a smile and added: "Maybe. Possibly."

waveycrockett
05-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I dont think HOU is a desirable place for guys like CP3 and D12. They aren't going from living in LA to living in HOU. He might help them with 2nd tier free agents tho.

b@llhog24
05-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Get Pek

astrosmaniac
05-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I dont think HOU is a desirable place for guys like CP3 and D12. They aren't going from living in LA to living in HOU. He might help them with 2nd tier free agents tho.
that's not very sound logic. If that's true then why do so many current and former nba players live here year round? also when you consider no state income tax and lower cost of living, it's very possible they could actually make MORE in houston than LA despite the bird rights

TeamSeattle
05-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Hou is only one PF away really. Should be interesting come FA time. Millsap, Jefferson, Pekovich etc.

waveycrockett
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
that's not very sound logic. If that's true then why do so many current and former nba players live here year round? also when you consider no state income tax and lower cost of living, it's very possible they could actually make MORE in houston than LA despite the bird rights

HOU is not a desirable location. These guys get paid hundreds of millions. They dont give a **** about a few measley millions when instead they could live off a 25 mile stretch of beaches, tropical weather and hot women.

sunsfan88
05-04-2013, 01:54 PM

No way in hell that they will ever make more in Houston than in LA simply because of endorsements and such.

Endorsements in LA>>>>>>>>> Endorsements in Houston

astrosmaniac
05-04-2013, 01:54 PM
HOU is not a desirable location. These guys get paid hundreds of millions. They dont give a **** about a few measley millions when instead they could live off a 25 mile stretch of beaches, tropical weather and hot women.

you've obviously never been to Texas then if you think there's a dearth of hot women. And that's YOUR opinion that Houston isn't desirable. Obviously it is to NBA types, otherwise they wouldn't already be living here

waveycrockett
05-04-2013, 01:55 PM
you've obviously never been to Texas then if you think there's a dearth of hot women. And that's YOUR opinion that Houston isn't desirable. Obviously it is to NBA types, otherwise they wouldn't already be living here

If Josh Hamilton left a Championship caliber team in Texas for LA there aint no way in HELL 2 superstars in LA are taking LESS money to come play in HOUSTON.

astrosmaniac
05-04-2013, 01:56 PM
No way in hell that they will ever make more in Houston than in LA simply because of endorsements and such.

i was talking about simply off of their contracts, but this is CP3 and Dwight we're talking about. They are already 2 of the top 5 biggest names in the NBA regardless of LA. They are the faces of the NBA, they will get endorsements anywhere

astrosmaniac
05-04-2013, 01:58 PM
If Josh Hamilton left a Championship caliber team in Texas for LA there aint no way in HELL 2 superstars in LA are taking LESS money to come play in HOUSTON.

Different sports, and if you actually knew anything about it you'd know that LA paid him way more than the Rangers were ever willing to offer.

And i'm not talking about both. I'm talking about one of them signing a max FA contract. The only thing they lose out on is 1 extra year, but i highly doubt this is the last big contract for either anyway.

but yes i would expect them to leave if it meant a better shot at a championship (more so dwight than CP3)

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 01:59 PM

Yeah it's so funny all these posters here, many that have never even been to Texas, let alone Houston, seem to think that Houston is some ****-hole place to live. The houses in areas like Sugarland and the Woodlands are just as nice, if not nicer than in L.A. Add that to the fact the houses are much cheaper in Houston than L.A. Many professional athletes reside in Houston and have homes here because of the low taxes, beautiful homes, and great surroundings.

To be honest L.A. isn't that great, let alone California. The massive problems the state of California face every year just don't meaningfully exist in Texas.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2013/02/12/california-texas-moving/

As you can read people are massively migrating to Texas from California. If you don't think the Super Wealthy care about economics then you're kidding yourself. Texas is a great landing spot for free agents.

CavsYanksDuke
05-04-2013, 02:00 PM
lol at the snobs mocking Houston. It's the fastest growing city in America full of beautiful women, great restaurants, and no income tax DOES make a big difference. Millions of dollars don't matter to guys making tens? What world do you live in? Wouldn't your rather make $45 million than 38? Hell, I'd spend the money I saved on something fun, but I guess you wouldn't know anything about that...

Also, unlike a lot of franchises, they have actually won a title.

NYKNYGNYY
05-04-2013, 02:00 PM
don't see them getting a cp3 or a howard but definitely a josh smith possibility

astrosmaniac
05-04-2013, 02:04 PM
if people just dont think CP3 or Dwight will like the fit of houston as a team i can buy that argument and it's just something you have to wait and see when FA ends. It's the people who say that because it's Houston they wont go there that irk me cause they obviously don't know what they're talking about

waveycrockett
05-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah it's so funny all these posters here, many that have never even been to Texas, let alone Houston, seem to think that Houston is some ****-hole place to live. The houses in areas like Sugarland and the Woodlands are just as nice, if not nicer than in L.A. Add that to the fact the houses are much cheaper in Houston than L.A. Many professional athletes reside in Houston and have homes here because of the low taxes, beautiful homes, and great surroundings.

To be honest L.A. isn't that great, let alone California. The massive problems the state of California face every year just don't meaningfully exist in Texas.

As you can read people are massively migrating to Texas from California. If you don't think the Super Wealthy care about economics then you're kidding yourself. Texas is a great landing spot for free agents.

There are nice houses in EVERY state. Dude. You think a guy making $200 Million over his career cares how much he pays for a house LOL

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 02:09 PM

i was talking about simply off of their contracts, but this is CP3 and Dwight we're talking about. They are already 2 of the top 5 biggest names in the NBA regardless of LA. They are the faces of the NBA, they will get endorsements anywhere

Why do people assume Howard can't get endorsement deals in Houston? Houston is a top 10 market and one of the fastest growing cities in America. Actually Texas dominated (AGAIN) the list of the fastest growing cities in America:
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj45hfdf/americas-fastest-growing-cities/

I don't see a lack of endorsements for Kevin Durant and he is a city that is only the 28th largest market in the U.S., but Howard or CP3 would have a problem in a top 10 market?

That makes absolutely no sense.

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
There are nice houses in EVERY state. Dude. You think a guy making $200 Million over his career cares how much he pays for a house LOL

WOW you must be really young probably in your teens or early 20's. I'm in my 30's if you don't think athletes manage their finances (or have financial management teams that do so) and ensure they look at every aspect of the economic decisions they make you're kidding yourself. We are talking millions of dollars and these athletes won't play forever. Financial management plays a huge role in their decisions.

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Well I have said this before but looks like i need to explain again. Let's look at the cases for each team (speaking of L.A. vs Houston):

The two teams that seem most likely to land Howard long-term are his current team, the Lakers, and the team that would most love to have him, the Houston Rockets. First, The Lakers have been swept in the opening round of the playoffs for the first time since 1967. Kobe is probably not going to come back for next season and even if he does, will he be the Kobe we know, especially at his age. Steve Nash has declining skills but is still getting handsomely rewarded. Is D'Antoni the coach that can maximize Howard's value? We all have seen when Dwight is at odds with his coach. We just heard Dwight Howard call this season "a nightmare that he couldn't wake up from." The Lakers are overtaxed and will be writing a big luxury tax bill. If they continue to stay in the luxury tax territory after next season it will be worse. The Lakers have little chance of improvement and development. They have very few draft picks in the future and the lack to use the majority of the exceptions or sign-and-trades. The Lakers future is at-best, uncertain.

The Rockets, however, could have the cap space to sign him and they offer arguably the best supporting cast to put around him. James Harden has emerged as one of the best shooting guards in the NBA, Chandler Parsons is one of the most underrated players and is the ultimate X-factor, and Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik have been solid this season.

They have beaten OKC, albeit in a weakened state (though you could say San Antonio was just as vulnerable), in a playoff series. Lakers, as mentioned, were swept. The Rockets have even had a close series. They could be tied 2-2 if a lucky bounce on a 3-point shot by Durant doesn't happen. The last 3 games have bee decided by 8 points TOTAL.

The arguments for the Lakers are much more straightforward. First and foremost, they are the Lakers, the gold standard of basketball around the world, the most popular NBA team of all time. Playing for the Lakers means playing in the brightest spotlight in a world of bright spotlights, and that is not something to be walked away from lightly. And then there’s the money factor. On the surface the Lakers can pay Howard quite a bit more money than anyone else, but in the case of the Rockets, that’s not quite true, all things considered.

Here are the salary comparisons, thanks to HOOPSWORLD’s Eric Pincus:

Approximate Yearly Salary with the Lakers:

Year 1: $20,513,178.00
Year 2: $22,051,666.35
Year 3: $23,590,154.70
Year 4: $25,128,643.05
Year 5: $26,667,131.40

TOTAL: $117,950,773.50

Approximate Yearly Salary with the Rockets (or any other team):

$20,513,178.00
$21,436,271.01
$22,359,364.02
$23,282,457.03

TOTAL: $87,591,270.06

Yes, when looking at the numbers alone, the Lakers clearly have the advantage over any other team looking to lure him away. In the case of a Texas team like Houston, however, there are some significant factors that have to be considered. Texas has no state income tax, and for someone making better than $20 million a year, that’s a huge consideration. Just look at how the California income tax breaks down over the first four years of the contract:

Year 1: $1,075,666.03
Year 2: $1,156,340.98
Year 3: 1,237,015.93
Year 4: 1,317,690.88

If we look at the first four years of the contract, Howard would make $3,692,371.44 more with the Lakers than he would with the Rockets. Adjusting that number for California’s state income tax, however, Howard would actually make $1,094, 342.38 more as a Rocket playing the majority of his games in a state with no income tax because he would save $4,786,713.82 in taxes.

As for the fifth year, the Lakers certainly have an advantage in being able to offer Dwight more long-term security, but unless he suffers a career-ending injury he is going to sign a contract after this one, meaning he will get paid for that fifth year wherever he plays. He would most likely have an opt-out, anyway, meaning the fifth year is not really a major bargaining point, again, barring injury. For what it’s worth, Howard would pay $1,398,365.83 in state income tax in California if he were to play out the end of that deal.

The other factor involves where games are played. NBA players pay 1/82nd of their income tax to the states where they play, providing those states have state income tax. As a member of the Rockets, Howard would play all of his home games and the highest possible number of his away games in states with no income tax. Texas is obvious, with the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks in the same division, but there are also two games in Tennessee and two games in Florida, the other NBA states without income tax for a total of 49 games each season. As a Laker, Howard would only play ten games in those states.

The comparison doesn’t end with state income tax, however; the cost of living must be considered, as well. Manhattan Beach is the place to live in LA, and high end houses in that posh part of California runs $1,101 per square foot. How does that compare to, say, The Woodlands in Houston, the correspondingly cool place to live? A high end house in The Woodlands would run just $108.00 per square foot, or roughly one-tenth the cost of its counterpart in Manhattan Beach. Additionally, the salary indicator based on cost of living demonstrates that in order to make the equivalent of $20 million in Houston you have to make $30,330,020 to live comparably in Los Angeles.

That’s a staggering difference!

The other argument that people like to make in favor of the Lakers is that Howard could potentially make a great deal more money through endorsements in Los Angeles than he could elsewhere, and while there might be a little bit of truth to that, it’s not as big as people think. The national brands like adidas will find him wherever he is, like they found him in Orlando. The smaller local endorsements are just as plentiful in Houston as they are in Los Angeles, and again, no state income tax comes out of the Houston deals. Additionally, a company looking for a Lakers endorsement are still going to call Kobe Bryant first; in Houston, Dwight would own the space. He would also get to spend time working with and learning from Hakeem Olajuwon, who still calls Houston home.

Howard could enjoy success in Houston and still get paid. There's less uncertainty. Morey proves he will always look to improve the team, as Kuchak and Buss will do but as I said their hands are a little tied. We will see but it looks good for the Rockets.

ThunderousDemon
05-04-2013, 02:19 PM
:yawn:

BenFrank
05-04-2013, 02:21 PM
This Endorsements if he doesn't play here argument is starting to get old, It depends on the player not the city, if Howard comes to Houston and win championship, him, Harden, and Possibly CP3 will get Endorsements, **** if they make the finals they will get Endorsements..

As a matter of fact, Howard been in LA for a Yr now, how many new Endorsements did he get? That's a real question

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 02:26 PM
This Endorsements if he doesn't play here argument is starting to get old, It depends on the player not the city, if Howard comes to Houston and win championship, him, Harden, and Possibly CP3 will get Endorsements, **** if they make the finals they will get Endorsements..

As a matter of fact, Howard been in LA for a Yr now, how many new Endorsements did he get? That's a real question

Exactly most of the posters here arguing about LA do not understand the complexities in the financial world. They just see movie stars and say oh wow California must be better, ha ha ha.

If these mega-millionaires want to see California they can fly there with the extra tax money they will save by playing in Houston. Dwight Howard has not received any extra exposure, financially, by being there. The only arguments are the ones I presented. Now it will be up to Dwight to make his choice.

RLundi
05-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Wow you are definitely a kid who's never had a real source of income before. Of course athletes care about a few "measley millions," that's why players usually go to the team that offers them the most money.

By the way, Houston is as desirable a city as any in the NBA. Have you ever been there? I'm gonna guess no. Have you ever been to LA? Again, I'm gonna guess no. Stop watching MTV and actually travel and you'd see LA is not as glitzy as The Hills portrays it to be. Some parts are beautiful, but a lot of it is a cesspool, just like most cities. I love how people get caught up in a hype but in actuality have no idea about anything besides seeing it on Real Housewives of Los Angeles.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Totally. Who would want to go from paying ridiculous prices on anything, paying tons in state taxes, to the 4th largest market (people act like Houston is small), with $1 million buying you a mansion, no state income taxes, and the cost of living exponentially lower, along with an hip hop music scene and plenty of young african american women?

Houston is a viable option for Dwight. He is from the south remember. Not everyone wants to live in either NY or LA.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:38 PM

You have obviously never been to Texas...

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:39 PM

What's interesting is that a ton of athletes that have played for Houston in their careers, and end up on another team, both buy and keep a home here, and retire here.

FOBolous

Houston's the 4th largest freakin' city in the United States...the energy capital of the world and home of the world's foremost cancer research centers. Why do people act like Houston's some backward, backwater, small market hick town? It's so annoying.

WhiteSoxGod
Wow you are definitely a kid who's never had a real source of income before. Of course athletes care about a few "measley millions," that's why players usually go to the team that offers them the most money.

By the way, Houston is as desirable a city as any in the NBA. Have you ever been there? I'm gonna guess no. Have you ever been to LA? Again, I'm gonna guess no. Stop watching MTV and actually travel and you'd see LA is not as glitzy as The Hills portrays it to be. Some parts are beautiful, but a lot of it is a cesspool, just like most cities. I love how people get caught up in a hype but in actuality have no idea about anything besides seeing it on Real Housewives of Los Angeles.

Totally. Who would want to go from paying ridiculous prices on anything, paying tons in state taxes, to the 4th largest market (people act like Houston is small), with $1 million buying you a mansion, no state income taxes, and the cost of living exponentially lower, along with an hip hop music scene and plenty of young african american women?

Houston is a viable option for Dwight. He is from the south remember. Not everyone wants to live in either NY or LA.

:clap::cheers::up: EXACTLY I could not have said it better myself.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:40 PM
the only reason it makes sense to stay in LA is that fifth year, if we are talking financially only. Otherwise Houston is easily the smarter choice.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Houston's the 4th largest freakin' city in the United States...the energy capital of the world and home of the world's foremost cancer research centers. Why do people act like Houston's some backward, backwater, small market hick town? It's so annoying.

Haven't you noticed that those on the east/west coast who haven't traveled much call all the other states the "fly over" states? Ignorance dude. If you haven't been somewhere, what the hell do you know about it? Unless you have taken a large amount of time to study the city and not just roll with the stereotypes...

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 02:45 PM
the only reason it makes sense to stay in LA is that fifth year, if we are talking financially only. Otherwise Houston is easily the smarter choice.

But if you read my post, that advantage really is minimal. It is going to come down to where he wants to play, with what team.

Hawkeye15
Well I have said this before but looks like i need to explain again. Let's look at the cases for each team (speaking of L.A. vs Houston):

The two teams that seem most likely to land Howard long-term are his current team, the Lakers, and the team that would most love to have him, the Houston Rockets. First, The Lakers have been swept in the opening round of the playoffs for the first time since 1967. Kobe is probably not going to come back for next season and even if he does, will he be the Kobe we know, especially at his age. Steve Nash has declining skills but is still getting handsomely rewarded. Is D'Antoni the coach that can maximize Howard's value? We all have seen when Dwight is at odds with his coach. We just heard Dwight Howard call this season "a nightmare that he couldn't wake up from." The Lakers are overtaxed and will be writing a big luxury tax bill. If they continue to stay in the luxury tax territory after next season it will be worse. The Lakers have little chance of improvement and development. They have very few draft picks in the future and the lack to use the majority of the exceptions or sign-and-trades. The Lakers future is at-best, uncertain.

The Rockets, however, could have the cap space to sign him and they offer arguably the best supporting cast to put around him. James Harden has emerged as one of the best shooting guards in the NBA, Chandler Parsons is one of the most underrated players and is the ultimate X-factor, and Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik have been solid this season.

They have beaten OKC, albeit in a weakened state (though you could say San Antonio was just as vulnerable), in a playoff series. Lakers, as mentioned, were swept. The Rockets have even had a close series. They could be tied 2-2 if a lucky bounce on a 3-point shot by Durant doesn't happen. The last 3 games have bee decided by 8 points TOTAL.

The arguments for the Lakers are much more straightforward. First and foremost, they are the Lakers, the gold standard of basketball around the world, the most popular NBA team of all time. Playing for the Lakers means playing in the brightest spotlight in a world of bright spotlights, and that is not something to be walked away from lightly. And then there’s the money factor. On the surface the Lakers can pay Howard quite a bit more money than anyone else, but in the case of the Rockets, that’s not quite true, all things considered.

$20,513,178.00
$21,436,271.01
$22,359,364.02
$23,282,457.03

Yes, when looking at the numbers alone, the Lakers clearly have the advantage over any other team looking to lure him away. In the case of a Texas team like Houston, however, there are some significant factors that have to be considered. Texas has no state income tax, and for someone making better than $20 million a year, that’s a huge consideration. Just look at how the California income tax breaks down over the first four years of the contract:

If we look at the first four years of the contract, Howard would make $3,692,371.44 more with the Lakers than he would with the Rockets. Adjusting that number for California’s state income tax, however, Howard would actually make $1,094, 342.38 more as a Rocket playing the majority of his games in a state with no income tax because he would save $4,786,713.82 in taxes.

As for the fifth year, the Lakers certainly have an advantage in being able to offer Dwight more long-term security, but unless he suffers a career-ending injury he is going to sign a contract after this one, meaning he will get paid for that fifth year wherever he plays. He would most likely have an opt-out, anyway, meaning the fifth year is not really a major bargaining point, again, barring injury. For what it’s worth, Howard would pay $1,398,365.83 in state income tax in California if he were to play out the end of that deal.

The other factor involves where games are played. NBA players pay 1/82nd of their income tax to the states where they play, providing those states have state income tax. As a member of the Rockets, Howard would play all of his home games and the highest possible number of his away games in states with no income tax. Texas is obvious, with the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks in the same division, but there are also two games in Tennessee and two games in Florida, the other NBA states without income tax for a total of 49 games each season. As a Laker, Howard would only play ten games in those states.

The comparison doesn’t end with state income tax, however; the cost of living must be considered, as well. Manhattan Beach is the place to live in LA, and high end houses in that posh part of California runs $1,101 per square foot. How does that compare to, say, The Woodlands in Houston, the correspondingly cool place to live? A high end house in The Woodlands would run just $108.00 per square foot, or roughly one-tenth the cost of its counterpart in Manhattan Beach. Additionally, the salary indicator based on cost of living demonstrates that in order to make the equivalent of $20 million in Houston you have to make $30,330,020 to live comparably in Los Angeles.

The other argument that people like to make in favor of the Lakers is that Howard could potentially make a great deal more money through endorsements in Los Angeles than he could elsewhere, and while there might be a little bit of truth to that, it’s not as big as people think. The national brands like adidas will find him wherever he is, like they found him in Orlando. The smaller local endorsements are just as plentiful in Houston as they are in Los Angeles, and again, no state income tax comes out of the Houston deals. Additionally, a company looking for a Lakers endorsement are still going to call Kobe Bryant first; in Houston, Dwight would own the space. He would also get to spend time working with and learning from Hakeem Olajuwon, who still calls Houston home.

Howard could enjoy success in Houston and still get paid. There's less uncertainty. Morey proves he will always look to improve the team, as Kuchak and Buss will do but as I said their hands are a little tied. We will see but it looks good for the Rockets.

I am impressed you broke it down that hardcore dude haha

DallasTrilla23
Hou is only one PF away really. Should be interesting come FA time. Millsap, Jefferson, Pekovich etc.

This. Josh Smith is always an option too

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:46 PM
But if you read my post, that advantage really is minimal. It is going to come down to where he wants to play, with what team.

Of course it is. Does he want to spend the last part of his peak (assuming his body holds up) rebuilding on the fly, or be the last piece of an up and coming contender that he would help push into that status?

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Get Pek

Leave Non alone, he needs to stay in Minny

waveycrockett
05-04-2013, 02:48 PM
HOU is the ENERGY CAPITAL of the world? Maybe if Dwight and CP3 were angling for a job with General Electric that might matter. Maybe they might relocate to the Bay area to get a job working in Silicon Valley.

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Of course it is. Does he want to spend the last part of his peak (assuming his body holds up) rebuilding on the fly, or be the last piece of an up and coming contender that he would help push into that status?

But you see that's my point. The Lakers are the Lakers, dripped in tradition. But which team would be poised to make a stronger run at a championship next year? And where would Dwight be heralded more? If he brings Houston to the finals Rockets fan and the city will LOVE him. If he does it in LA he has to bring in 4 or 5 to get his proper kudos. That has to factor into as well.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:50 PM
HOU is the ENERGY CAPITAL of the world? Maybe if Dwight and CP3 were angling for a job with General Electric that might matter. Compared to LA, Houston is a backwater town.

Again, why are you even commenting something like that when you obviously haven't been to Houston? Have you been to LA? What part? Because there are major dumps in the city as well, just like any city dude.

General Electric? They reside up by you bud. They are one of the hundreds of companies down here as well.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:51 PM
But you see that's my point. The Lakers are the Lakers, dripped in tradition. But which team would be poised to make a stronger run at a championship next year? And where would Dwight be heralded more? If he brings Houston to the finals Rockets fan and the city will LOVE him. If he does it in LA he has to bring in 4 or 5 to get his proper kudos. That has to factor into as well.

I am totally agreeing with you. Basketball wise, Houston makes more sense. And despite some ignorant people thinking Houston is still stuck in the wild wild west and Dwight could be chased down by hooded rednecks, athletes love the city.

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I am impressed you broke it down that hardcore dude haha
I love me some economics. Getting my PhD in economics field right now. Plus, I graduated fro U.F. Levin School of Law with my JD in contracts, liens, and torts so it goes hand in hand.

HOU is the ENERGY CAPITAL of the world? Maybe if Dwight and CP3 were angling for a job with General Electric that might matter. Maybe they might relocate to the Bay area to get a job working in Silicon Valley.

LOL How so? If this were the case then why the mass exodus form California to Texas? Why is Texas dominating the United States with the fastest growing cities? Don't worry I know you probably won't respond to me, or if you do you won't have a logical answer.

FOBolous
05-04-2013, 02:54 PM

GE along with all the fortune 500 companies that calls Houston home. More fortune 500 companies call Houston home than any city in the US except for NYC

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 02:54 PM
I love me some economics. Getting my PhD in economics field right now. Plus, I graduated fro U.F. Levin School of Law with my JD in contracts, liens, and torts so it goes hand in hand.

LOL How so? If this were the case then why the mass exodus form California to Texas? Why is Texas dominating the United States with the fastest growing cities? Don't worry I know you probably won't respond to me, or if you do you won't have a logical answer.

well, you just explained why the mass exodus. As the economy shriveled, and jobs dried up, one of the few areas whose economy stands strong (as strong as it gets anyways) is the oil and gas industries, and their cities.

CluTcH_c1tY
05-04-2013, 03:04 PM

$20,513,178.00
$21,436,271.01
$22,359,364.02
$23,282,457.03

Thank you for taking the time to break the financial scenario out, although you clown on Schaub as much as you do, i kid i kid. Anyways as far as endorsements go, i think Durant and Westbrook are doing just fine playing for OKC. Kyrie Irving has had a few commercials as well, dont forget that Dwight had a few spots here and there playing for the Magic. People forget that these athletes only play till their 40 or so. They need a fall back plan, there are plenty of business oppurtunities that these athletes can venture into. Hakeem seems to be doing just fine with his realty business here in Houston, Robert Horry as well has a few business down here as well.

Pakman
05-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Please. Take Howard from us. Dont need to waste money on that clown.

RiceOnTheRun
05-04-2013, 03:11 PM
lol at the snobs mocking Houston. It's the fastest growing city in America full of beautiful women, great restaurants, and no income tax DOES make a big difference. Millions of dollars don't matter to guys making tens? What world do you live in? Wouldn't your rather make $45 million than 38? Hell, I'd spend the money I saved on something fun, but I guess you wouldn't know anything about that...

Never actually been to Houston, but it's hilarious seeing all these people hype up LA as if it was some magical place nobody would ever want to leave. It's not the life for everyone. Personally, I'd rather have a nice ranch mansion than a (relatively) small house near the beach for 3x the price.

Pakman
05-04-2013, 03:14 PM

Never actually been to Houston, but it's hilarious seeing all these people hype up LA as if it was some magical place nobody would ever want to leave. It's not the life for everyone. Personally, I'd rather have a nice ranch mansion than a (relatively) small house near the beach for 3x the price.weather >>>>>>>

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 03:15 PM
weather >>>>>>>

Houston weather isn't bad at all. Little hot for 2 months, but it never gets cold.

ThaDubs
05-04-2013, 03:18 PM
It's hot pretty much all over California. I live just outside of the bay and it's been 90+ all week.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2013, 03:20 PM
It's hot pretty much all over California. I live just outside of the bay and it's been 90+ all week.

no offense, but California is not hot, and the Bay Area sure as hell isn't hot, in comparison.

ThunderousDemon
05-04-2013, 03:20 PM

It's 69 degrees outside.

Pakman
05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
weather >>>>>>>

Houston weather isn't bad at all. Little hot for 2 months, but it never gets cold.I always got the impression the whole state of Texas was humid as ****. Guess I'm wrong

Chronz
05-04-2013, 03:25 PM
If Im Dwight I hitch my wagon to CP3 and tell the Lakers to trade him to the Clippers, if not hes bolting to Houston and they get nothing.

ThunderousDemon
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
If Im Dwight I hitch my wagon to CP3 and tell the Lakers to trade him to the Clippers, if not hes bolting to Houston and they get nothing.

:laugh2:

tredigs
05-04-2013, 03:32 PM
no offense, but California is not hot, and the Bay Area sure as hell isn't hot, in comparison.

Well we do pretty much have every climate Monsieur Hawk. Death Valley's the hottest in the world, So-Cal is consistently mild at worst, and even the Bay Area outside of SF (sometimes there too) is warm to scorching (90+ is common) in spring/summer. Not Texas hot, but it does get hot even in the Bay.

**** I live in South Lake Tahoe right now and I've spent the past few days getting burnt on the beach. And it's barely May.

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Houston weather isn't bad at all. Little hot for 2 months, but it never gets cold.

Hey I'll show you some pictures where Houston got 5 feet of snow. I was living in webster and built an 8 foot snowman. I dubbed him Yao Ming. Then the bastard snowman broke his foot and fell over.....

lakersiznumber1
05-04-2013, 03:41 PM

mitch is the best gm in the game hes not that dumb we don't want anybody on the clips no thxs rather make him walk

WhiteSoxGod
05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I would argue Morey is right up there with Mitch. A little of the glitz surrounding Mitch Kuchak has been tarnished this year after all the terrible decisions, even though they all have them from time to time.

tredigs
05-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I would argue Morey is right up there with Mitch. A little of the glitz surrounding Mitch Kuchak has been tarnished this year after all the terrible decisions, even though they all have them from time to time.

Not to mention, easier to be a great GM when the job you got was the LA Lakers and your owner was as great as you could ask for. With boss gone and LAC stepping it up, we'll get to see a more clear picture of what he's capable of (still, not like he's working any of this in Charlotte).

TheNumber37
05-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't see them Landing a Howard or Paul.

But I can see them getting Josh Smith

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Smith
Asik

Rockets have trade pieces and cap room and their on the rise.
You could have much worse... Asik and Parons and Lin could net Howard... or Lin and Parsons for Pau Gasol..

They could just get jarret Jack and David West/Josh Smith/Paul Milsap/Al Jefferson.

The Rockets will be a top 6 team in the west next year... and as GS has shown us, that's not a bad place to be.

Trueblue2
05-04-2013, 04:08 PM

California is pretty hot man. It cools down closer to the coast but the ie gets just as hoy as texas.

THE MTL
05-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I dont think Houston even needs to go that big for CP3 or Howard. They just need a good interior post presence. Someone like Al Jefferson comes to mind.

Or if they want to keep up the fast pace. Bring in Josh Smith at PF.
Lin-Harden-Parsons-Smith-Asik. Pretty sick lineup. Fun to watch

OceanSpray
05-04-2013, 04:14 PM
CP3 in Houston is pointless. Harden makes great passes and Parsons has shown he can handle the ball as well. Terrible fit. All in all, Houston should pursue a legitimate center who can score.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 04:19 PM

California is pretty hot man. It cools down closer to the coast but the ie gets just as hoy as texas.
The IE ain't california, to athletes it may as well be another state. Depends how far youre talking about but theres nothing but crack heads out there

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Just imagine Howard and Millsap on that squad.

Chronz
05-04-2013, 04:22 PM

:laugh2:
Wat would you do?

HoodedSB
05-04-2013, 04:23 PM
The future is looking bright for that team. Lots of cap space, good young players. Good depth, just would like to see them sign another quality big, preferably one without stone hands with some semblance of an offensive post game, and ideally I'd like to see lin traded, but that won't happen with that contract for another year. I'm not a rockets fan but i'm kind of on the bandwagon at the moment, I like how they play.

The IE ain't california, to athletes it may as well be another state. Depends how far youre talking about but theres nothing but crack heads out there
Ugh, that area is a smoggy pit of despair. At least big bear is just up the road.

JordansBulls
05-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Then why the hell are many of them soo broke after the NBA?

Chronz
05-04-2013, 04:26 PM

mitch is the best gm in the game hes not that dumb we don't want anybody on the clips no thxs rather make him walk
I dont think mitch is very good at all. Why would you rather get nothing? Now that would be dumb

Pakman
05-04-2013, 05:09 PM

The IE ain't california, to athletes it may as well be another state. Depends how far youre talking about but theres nothing but crack heads out thereignorance at it's finest. San Bernardino doesn't make up the whole IE u *****!

3RDASYSTEM
05-04-2013, 05:22 PM

HOU isn't a desirable place?

are you serious?

once again mediahype at its finest when it comes to living area

I've had up and close encounters with NBA players who said they all value LA/MIA/HOU/NYC as equal, and they shocked me and said because of house value they prefer HTOWN,women-clubs included

From DREAM-SAMPSON-BARKELY-PIPP-SAM-HORRY-SMITH-MAX-DREXLER and more have all seemed to enjoy HOU, I heard they all have a home or two there and/or visit frequent, and from that group, its a mix of top notch HOF style to your so called 2nd tier type, but what do I know

with no state tax TX is a super big market to come to, its not just HOU city, its the entire TX market and entire South for that matter, and since he had shoe deal and other stuff, global

so it doesn't matter if he played in JAZZ or RAPTORS market, he's global as a DH brand

if he signs for 4yrs he can reup easily for another max deal,especially if he can get a opt out after 3 so he can secure a 5 yr max to pay him til 35yrs of age

its open season come free agent period, from LA to DAL to HOU to any team with enough cap space

raiderposting
05-04-2013, 05:28 PM
California weather is overrated. The past few years there is no such thing as a season in the Bay Area. One day its hot as **** and literally the next day its so cold and you can't stand outside with a tshirt without shivering.

topdog
05-04-2013, 05:33 PM
I think Big Al is the best fit (and highly attainable) with Asik bringing some nice defensive balance and Parsons stretching the D. I don't really see Howard or Paul going to Houston and either one would likely mean moving either Asik or Lin (though Lin should be replaced if possible).

I will add though that I think it's silly to suggest that Houston's lack of beaches and hot women would prevent free agents from signing. There is an offseason during the summer after all. Personally, I just don't think that there is much interest at the top of the league in playing for Houston when there are more relevant and historic franchises happy to build around them. The LAs and Dallas look most logical to me to keep or acquire Howard and Paul.

sep11ie
05-04-2013, 05:39 PM
These threads are so tired and played out. Same posters post the same ******** and nobody really has any clue what really will happens.

raiderposting
05-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Breaking news
@realtalk Chris Paul is signing with the Bobcats

Chronz
05-04-2013, 08:31 PM
ignorance at it's finest. San Bernardino doesn't make up the whole IE u *****!

Might wanna read the part where I say depends on how far into it you go. But yes thats the main area Im talking about, you noticed it too huh.

Jtirado16
05-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately for him he won't get a legit superstar to play with him in Houston.

c.c.
05-05-2013, 05:55 AM
All you dummies that keep saying "Howard and Paul not coming to Houston because everybody love the LA lifestyle" sound really dumb. You really think these guys rather live the LA lifestyle than go somewhere else and actually win championships? They can do all that BS when they retire, becoming a champion and being legendary is every NBA player dream. These guys are veterans and ready to win, you think at the end of they career they wanna be like "I never won a championship but I hung out with a lot actors/actress in LA though"

alexander_37
05-05-2013, 11:21 AM
All you dummies that keep saying "Howard and Paul not coming to Houston because everybody love the LA lifestyle" sound really dumb. You really think these guys rather live the LA lifestyle than go somewhere else and actually win championships? They can do all that BS when they retire, becoming a champion and being legendary is every NBA player dream. These guys are veterans and ready to win, you think at the end of they career they wanna be like "I never won a championship but I hung out with a lot actors/actress in LA though"

Good point.

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Cap also comes into play.......You guys overpaid Lin and Asik, not 100% sure how much cap you guys have in the offseason but you can't just expect to sign everyone like it doesn't exist lol

DR_1
05-05-2013, 11:24 AM
You heard it here first: Houston will have a big 3 of CP3-Harden-Dwight next year.

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 11:27 AM
They only have room for 1 max contract I believe

KnicksorBust
05-05-2013, 11:39 AM
I think Howard is the perfect fit for that team. I want it to happen. It just seems very unlikely unless they man up and make LAL a deal. Knicks could have held out and tried to signed Melo but Melo wanted the big contract. Dwight doesn't seem like the type of guy to leave guaranteed money on the table... which means... it has to be a S&T with Lakers. Now how you can replace a defensive center like Dwight Howard and entice the Lakers for the future? Asik + Parsons. Houston is the best trade partner and can easily afford to give away both Asik and Parsons. Yes you lose something by trading Parsons but you get a prime superstar center to pair with a prime superstar wing. You don't risk missing out on that to be cute and trying to keep ALL your quality players. Besides, your PG would immediately get a huge boost because Lin's biggest strength is the PnR and he and Howard would develop chemistry together instantly. Plus there is nothing easier in the NBA than finding the Delfino/Pietrus/Barnes/etc. role playing SF who can shoot and defend. Plus it would get them another year to develop these young talented forwards (T-rob, mont, etc.) and see what they got. If one of them pans out they will be a threat in the West for the next decade.

John Walls Era
05-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Its only Harden who plans to do this. No other NBA player ever plans to recruit free agents. This is truly groundbreaking.

Thanks JB.

torocan
05-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Cap also comes into play.......You guys overpaid Lin and Asik, not 100% sure how much cap you guys have in the offseason but you can't just expect to sign everyone like it doesn't exist lol

The Rockets have $39M in guaranteed salary counting towards the cap going into next year. So ~$18-19M in cap room going into next year just waiving non-guaranteed players.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/houston-rockets-team-salary

Lin and Asik each count as $8.3M/year in cap despite their 5/5/15 contracts due to the way the CBA is structured. This is due to the Gilbert Arena's rule and limitations of RFA.

They can easily sign one max contract with a few minor moves, or two max contracts if they're willing to move Asik and Lin (which would make sense if they somehow managed to get Dwight + CP3).

And if you think Asik (10.1ppg/11.7reb)was overpaid, you're delusional. Even Lin's contract while not a bargain for on the court production is a decent contract (13ppg/6ast, $8.3M/year) and easily movable given it's a bargain when you include off the court production.

That of course doesn't mean they'll get CP3 or Dwight, but they certainly can sign them if they're willing to go to Houston.

Heediot
05-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Sign Paul and Milsap.

shep33
05-05-2013, 12:39 PM
I think Smith goes to Houston. Honestly, do they even need Dwight? Asik does an outstanding job while never demanding the ball. I'd go all in for CP3, but I doubt he leaves, I think he stays in LA for the rest of his career.

If they're trying to steal a player from LA, you easily go all in for Paul. Don't think it happens, but it'd be amazing if Houston got CP3.

shep33
05-05-2013, 12:48 PM
You heard it here first: Houston will have a big 3 of CP3-Harden-Dwight next year.

Dwight better be ready to be a #3 option on offense, or #4 some nights when Parsons is hot. To me, Houston is better off signing CP3 + Smith/Milsap and a bench.

If your Houston, why bother with Howard? Yeah he's a great player, but without a doubt he and CP3 would clash. He'd get upset for a lack of shot attempts too.

Also the Supertax is going to kill them in a couple years with 3 max deals plus Lin's contract.

All that being said, I still think CP3 stays

Verbal Christ
05-05-2013, 12:58 PM
:horse:

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 01:02 PM
The Rockets have $39M in guaranteed salary counting towards the cap going into next year. So ~$18-19M in cap room going into next year just waiving non-guaranteed players.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/houston-rockets-team-salary

Lin and Asik each count as $8.3M/year in cap despite their 5/5/15 contracts due to the way the CBA is structured. This is due to the Gilbert Arena's rule and limitations of RFA.

They can easily sign one max contract with a few minor moves, or two max contracts if they're willing to move Asik and Lin (which would make sense if they somehow managed to get Dwight + CP3).

And if you think Asik (10.1ppg/11.7reb)was overpaid, you're delusional. Even Lin's contract while not a bargain for on the court production is a decent contract (13ppg/6ast, $8.3M/year) and easily movable given it's a bargain when you include off the court production.

That of course doesn't mean they'll get CP3 or Dwight, but they certainly can sign them if they're willing to go to Houston.

I don't think I'm delusional at all, while Asik has showed he deserves the contract he got I'm basing it off of the offseason. What was his production when getting the contract. Looking at that you have to say they could have paid less for him and still got the same amount of production.

Maybe I think differently but I think it's stupid to overpay someone hoping it pans out rather than paying less, leaving room to bring in other guys while also looking smart bringing in a guy who improved MAJORLY from prior seasons for cheap or at least cheaper

torocan
05-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I don't think I'm delusional at all, while Asik has showed he deserves the contract he got I'm basing it off of the offseason. What was his production when getting the contract. Looking at that you have to say they could have paid less for him and still got the same amount of production.

Basing it off the offseason? When nobody except Morey and co. KNEW that Asik was worth the contract? When a lesser offer was not guaranteed to NOT be matched by the Bulls?

That's like claiming you overpaid for that Picasso you found at a garage sale because nobody else but you knew it was a Picasso and didn't bother to negotiate the price to make sure you got it. Now that everyone knows how good Asik is, that Morey managed to snag him for $8.3M/year is by definition a steal.

There just aren't that many really good Centers in the NBA. And they certainly don't go for $8.3M/year in free agency.

If Free Agency happened again and Asik was unrestricted, how much do you think Asik would command on the open market? If your answer is $8.3M/year or less, you really are delusional.

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Basing it off the offseason? When nobody except Morey and co. KNEW that Asik was worth the contract? When a lesser offer was not guaranteed to NOT be matched by the Bulls?

That's like claiming you overpaid for that Picasso you found at a garage sale because nobody else but you knew it was a Picasso and didn't bother to negotiate the price to make sure you got it. Now that everyone knows how good Asik is, that Morey managed to snag him for $8.3M/year is by definition a steal.

There just aren't that many really good Centers in the NBA. And they certainly don't go for $8.3M/year in free agency.

If Free Agency happened again and Asik was unrestricted, how much do you think Asik would command on the open market? If your answer is $8.3M/year or less, you really are delusional.

I suppose if Kwame Brown can still command 2-3 Mil then Asik looking at his CURRENT numbers is a steal at 8.3/yr but as I said before you cannot base it on anything but the off season because nobody in this business can predict the future. His stats were 3.3 PPG and 5.3 RPG. Looking at his stat line going into the off season he wasn't worth the money which is why most teams didn't offer it. Luckily it paid like it did but you are highly basing your thoughts on what he's producing now when he was offered the contract based on last season's stat lines

Let me put it this way. Would you offer anyone a max contract deal solely on hope? Because it's almost the same thing. You pay guys based off the production they have proven they could provide. At the time he signed his contract I can honestly say it was based on hope it would pan out

Chronz
05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
I suppose if Kwame Brown can still command 2-3 Mil then Asik looking at his CURRENT numbers is a steal at 8.3/yr but as I said before you cannot base it on anything but the off season because nobody in this business can predict the future. His stats were 3.3 PPG and 5.3 RPG. Looking at his stat line going into the off season he wasn't worth the money which is why most teams didn't offer it. Luckily it paid like it did but you are highly basing your thoughts on what he's producing now when he was offered the contract based on last season's stat lines

Let me put it this way. Would you offer anyone a max contract deal solely on hope? Because it's almost the same thing. You pay guys based off the production they have proven they could provide. At the time he signed his contract I can honestly say it was based on hope it would pan out
I trust Morey's ability to interpret and project statistics more than someone who uses such an amateur approach. I mean, why should we believe you over an actual MIT grad level statistician?

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I trust Morey's ability to interpret and project statistics more than someone who uses such an amateur approach. I mean, why should we believe you over an actual MIT grad level statistician?

Believe me about what? I don't think I was trying to prove anything. The point I was making was that he could have been had slightly cheaper to have extra money available. I'm guessing guys don't bother to read around here before blindly attacking someone

The idea is flawed. You overpay and risk a person not paying off or you spend a bit less for said player, he pays off similar to Asik but now you have extra money to spend to better the team. What would you rather? THAT's the point I was making it's not that hard to understand

Chronz
05-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Believe me about what?
About the signing being based on hope rather than educated statistical/objective analysis. Which is what Morey did in order to bring in Asik. Lin was more of a hope based acquisition than Asik was.

I don't think I was trying to prove anything.
You were trying to prove that the Asik signing was to some extent erroneous, you used a flawed statistical assessment in order to prove it, not a single statistician would grade a players value on such an amateur premise.

The point I was making was that he could have been had slightly cheaper to have extra money available.
They needed to give him that deal so that Chicago wouldn't match. Chicago was hoping more GM's were ignorant to his talent, Morey wasn't and he got a bargain.

I'm guessing guys don't bother to read around here before blindly attacking someone
Im guessing people with nothing to stand on take valid questioning as an attack. LMFAO

Becks2307
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM

haha this!

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 01:52 PM
About the signing being based on hope rather than educated statistical/objective analysis. Which is what Morey did in order to bring in Asik. Lin was more of a hope based acquisition than Asik was.

You were trying to prove that the Asik signing was to some extent erroneous, you used a flawed statistical assessment in order to prove it, not a single statistician would grade a players value on such an amateur premise.

They needed to give him that deal so that Chicago wouldn't match. Chicago was hoping more GM's were ignorant to his talent, Morey wasn't and he got a bargain.

Im guessing people with nothing to stand on take valid questioning as an attack. LMFAO

No when you come in here sounding like an ******* is when it's an attack. You can question someone and have a DISCUSSION without calling someone delusional, amateur, etc. I don't really talk to many of you guys in the NBA forum so maybe it's the norm here but that's not how I do discussions/debates.

I also agree with the Lin part that was a bigger stretch because there was only a small sample size. Asik while providing 5 boards a game I do feel at the time he signed his deal he was overpaid. Obviously that thought is null and void now given how much he provides but look at his production during last years regular season and post season and honestly tell me you would have paid him that not knowing if he would get any better.

alexander_37
05-05-2013, 01:56 PM

Maybe I think differently but I think it's stupid to overpay someone hoping it pans out rather than paying less, leaving room to bring in other guys while also looking smart bringing in a guy who improved MAJORLY from prior seasons for cheap or at least cheaper

Asik ... overpaid? :laugh: Howard is making more than double that and only putting up an extra 6 point a game. Worst player ever right?

alexander_37
05-05-2013, 01:58 PM
No when you come in here sounding like an ******* is when it's an attack. You can question someone and have a DISCUSSION without calling someone delusional, amateur, etc. I don't really talk to many of you guys in the NBA forum so maybe it's the norm here but that's not how I do discussions/debates.

I also agree with the Lin part that was a bigger stretch because there was only a small sample size. Asik while providing 5 boards a game I do feel at the time he signed his deal he was overpaid. Obviously that thought is null and void now given how much he provides but look at his production during last years regular season and post season and honestly tell me you would have paid him that not knowing if he would get any better.

Hell yes I would have. He only played 14 minutes per game and was arguably the best post defender in the league in those limited minutes. 5.3 boards and a block a game in 14 minutes????

flea
05-05-2013, 02:05 PM
That wavycrockett guy is full of it.

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Hell yes I would have. He only played 14 minutes per game and was arguably the best post defender in the league in those limited minutes. 5.3 boards and a block a game in 14 minutes????

Nobody figured he would be a double double guy, I guess except for Morey which is why so many other teams passed on offering him that type of deal and why Chicago didn't match. What I'm saying in here is not that farfetched looking at how that off season went. Like I said obviously he has proved to be worth the money but I feel he could have been snagged for slightly cheaper taking a peek at his stat lines. While it doesn't give you the full story it gives you SOME insight on a player

Chronz
05-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Apparently you like to exaggerate, when did I call you delusional? I called your approach AMATEUR, which is exactly what it was. If you're taking offense to a factual remark, then maybe you should stick to the Heat forum.

Thats what youre not getting, he was already worth the contract based on the statistical evaluation Morey and his geek squad applied. Its why everyone in Chicago said they already knew he could play, it was the uninformed who were surprised by his season. Obviously he improved somewhat, that tends to happen when your a bigman in his mid 20's. But his defensive impact and rebounding numbers were apparent from the get go. Any other improvement was just gravy.

Chronz
05-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Nobody figured he would be a double double guy, I guess except for Morey which is why so many other teams passed on offering him that type of deal and why Chicago didn't match. What I'm saying in here is not that farfetched looking at how that off season went. Like I said obviously he has proved to be worth the money but I feel he could have been snagged for slightly cheaper taking a peek at his stat lines. While it doesn't give you the full story it gives you SOME insight on a player
Except that you taking a peek at his stat line isn't more convincing than the IMMENSE statistical analysis Morey and his chronies put forth. Chicago not matching had to do with the CONTRACT, that was Morey's genius. They didn't want to lose Asik, Thibs will tell you how confident they were in his abilities, but their owner was too cheap to spend money for a backup in a year in which Rose wouldn't be available.

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Apparently you like to exaggerate, when did I call you delusional? I called your approach AMATEUR, which is exactly what it was. If you're taking offense to a factual remark, then maybe you should stick to the Heat forum.

Thats what youre not getting, he was already worth the contract based on the statistical evaluation Morey and his geek squad applied. Its why everyone in Chicago said they already knew he could play, it was the uninformed who were surprised by his season. Obviously he improved somewhat, that tends to happen when your a bigman in his mid 20's. But his defensive impact and rebounding numbers were apparent from the get go. Any other improvement was just gravy.

I'm not a Heat fan, never have been. Heat was just the name I used online (Xbox, Forums, etc) Nothing to do with the team whatsoever. As far as Asik read the post above. All I have been saying in here is that he could have been had slightly cheaper looking at his stat lines when he was offered the deal. I think you guys are so ready to jump on trolls around here you don't exactly pay attention to every thing that was said because I've been arguing the same thing for awhile now. At the time of his deal I feel they overpaid, while he has proved to be worth it, I think they could have got him for a bit cheaper with the same production. That's all I've been trying to say lol

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Except that you taking a peek at his stat line isn't more convincing than the IMMENSE statistical analysis Morey and his chronies put forth. Chicago not matching had to do with the CONTRACT, that was Morey's genius. They didn't want to lose Asik, Thibs will tell you how confident they were in his abilities, but their owner was too cheap to spend money for a backup in a year in which Rose wouldn't be available.

Okay that makes more sense. So it was similar to the Lin situation where they knew the team wanted to retain so had to offer a "poison pill" so to speak

alexander_37
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM

That and they already had Noah. There would be almost 30 million in the C position alone. Then you sign Rose and That's all she wrote in terms of cap space.

Chronz
05-05-2013, 02:21 PM
As far as Asik read the post above. All I have been saying in here is that he could have been had slightly cheaper looking at his stat lines when he was offered the deal. I think you guys are so ready to jump on trolls around here you don't exactly pay attention to every thing that was said because I've been arguing the same thing for awhile now. At the time of his deal I feel they overpaid, while he has proved to be worth it, I think they could have got him for a bit cheaper with the same production. That's all I've been trying to say lol
Thats what youre not getting, he was already worth the contract based on the statistical evaluation Morey and his geek squad applied.

When you say, "looking at his statline", you're essentially saying that you know more about his value based on his stats than an ACTUAL STATISTICIAN turned GM.

Looking at his stat line, he was already a steal . I know what you've been TRYING to say, its an amateurish approach that will not sway anyone when the guy you're questioning is an MIT level stat head. Why should we trust your opinion over his? I dont trust your ability to interpret stats when the alternative is Morey. THATS what we are saying.

Lake_Show2416
05-05-2013, 03:01 PM
doesnt every high profile player try to recruit for their team?

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
I hope out of any FA they get it's Dwight. I think he is the piece they need and he will also help Lin play a bit better. Tyson was a huge reason on why Lin was successful for those 20+ games. Ran a lot of screens and PNR sets that helped him out a ton.

As far as Chris Paul I can't see him leaving LA. Sure they lost in the first round but he has to see the potential there. You aren't gonna win on your first try. He needs to get his mind right, get his teammates together in the summer for some reps and try it again next year. One thing I do hate about the stars nowadays is that they are looking for the easy route a lot more than stars of the past did. Especially Dwight Howard.

HeaTxRipZz
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Double post.

3Th3Hard3nWay
05-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Houston should be a nice destination spot for a lot of FA's but i'm leaning toward Asik over Dwight

Trueblue2
05-05-2013, 05:07 PM

Oh I'm well aware of that, I once dated a girl from the 909, not something I'd recommend.

Auseranami
05-05-2013, 05:35 PM
I've lived in Houston for the last 10 years and its not that great here. I've been to California a few times and like it much better, in fact I may move out there this summer. Texas in general sucks. The only team any superstars would be willing to go to here would be the spurs, mainly because of pop. When was the last time a big name player chose to sign with a Texas team? There's been several opportunities but I don't recall any such occurrences in the last decade. The ONLY reason players would choose to live here is because of no state taxes.

yaswaggin
05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
houston doesnt need Dwight

get CP3 at PG, and a PF like milsap or let one of your young PFs develop like that euro guy or t-rob

PG: CP3

SG: Harden

SF: Parsons

PF: Millsap

C: Asik:

bench: Lin, Beverley, Delfino, etc

WhiteSoxGod
05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
I've lived in Houston for the last 10 years and its not that great here. I've been to California a few times and like it much better, in fact I may move out there this summer. Texas in general sucks. The only team any superstars would be willing to go to here would be the spurs, mainly because of pop. When was the last time a big name player chose to sign with a Texas team? There's been several opportunities but I don't recall any such occurrences in the last decade. The ONLY reason players would choose to live here is because of no state taxes.

You are one of the few, most people leave California for Texas:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/economics/item/13723-latest-u-haul-index-shows-californians-leaving-for-texas

Chronz
05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
It was cold as **** today after a hellacious day on Friday. Reminded me of this thread

SouthSideRookie
05-05-2013, 10:51 PM
doesnt every high profile player try to recruit for their team?

well according to reports D Rose wasn't too fond on the idea of Wade or Lebron joining him in Chicago a few years back.

njnets
05-05-2013, 10:54 PM
My guess is josh smith to HOU. maybe dwight or cp3 would but smith filling in that PF spot is a necessity. they also would probably dish out a lot of money for him.

astrosmaniac
05-06-2013, 12:46 AM

asik definitely idn;t overpaid at 8.3 mil/year. lin you could say yeah, but you had to overpay to get NYK to not match. and for the cap he still only counts as 8.3 mil/year. This offseason we will have max cap space (after options on players) or at least close enough that they could dump one of their PFs for a pick to free up that space

sagemania
05-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Why do people assume Howard can't get endorsement deals in Houston? Houston is a top 10 market and one of the fastest growing cities in America. Actually Texas dominated (AGAIN) the list of the fastest growing cities in America:
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj45hfdf/americas-fastest-growing-cities/

I don't see a lack of endorsements for Kevin Durant and he is a city that is only the 28th largest market in the U.S., but Howard or CP3 would have a problem in a top 10 market?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Houston has the biggest foothold in the Asian Market and China in particular. Plus the Rockets are in the top 7 biggest Markets in the entire NBA

Hellcrooner
05-06-2013, 12:54 AM
why not?

i mean Dwight probably changes of idea 6 or 7 times an hour.
If they are lucky maybe they can offer him innk and a paper in a momento where he thinks Houston.

RollingWave
05-06-2013, 05:37 AM
The problem is that given their cap space they probably need to trade Omer before even making the offer to Dwight, which is risky risky business, as noted, Dwight probably changes his mind all the time, if they end up without either they're screwed.

jerellh528
05-06-2013, 05:56 AM
lol nobody cares what harden wants. he hasn't been in the league long enough to warrant superior recruiting credentials.

c.c.
05-06-2013, 07:24 AM
lol nobody cares what harden wants. he hasn't been in the league long enough to warrant superior recruiting credentials.

Long enough to be a (if not the) top player in his position

sep11ie
05-06-2013, 08:17 AM

U bitter?

Legitimate
05-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Where else is cp3 and dwight going to go? there best chance to win a title is with James Harden.

c.c.
05-06-2013, 09:08 AM
U bitter?

He's very bitter lol

Swashcuff
05-06-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't even live in America and I've never even even to the state of Texas let alone Houston and I find it astonishing that at the start of this thread there were posters who are so ignorant to places in their own country. I mean honestly shouldn't knowing and understanding basic things like there is no state income tax in Texas (major reason Bron and Bosh went to Miami and even though they took less than they could have gotten from other teams they're still making more per year) and that even though its not LA it's still a damn good city. One in which has one of the biggest worldwide fan bases (largely thanks to Yao Ming) and by no means shape or form would they see considerably less endorsement opportunities.

Then when you look at the basketball side of things why wouldn't Dwight want to go to Hosuton. At this very moment the Lakers future (and present) is no where near as bright as the Rockets, now we know how the Lakers roll so this could all change in a matter of minutes but as of right now anyone debating that is probably a blatant homer. Houston is more attractive right now to any FA let alone Dwight and CP3.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
05-06-2013, 09:23 AM
James Harden is going to recruit free agents???

Bob Ley with reaction:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zB41HpWzT6A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzB41HpWzT6A

ATX
05-06-2013, 09:56 AM

Huh? Houston has a great thing going, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a major upgrade there this offseason.

SportsFanatic10
05-06-2013, 09:59 AM
He's very bitter lol

in his mind if you haven't played on a stacked team long enough to accumulate 5 rings you don't matter...

ElevatorMoshPit
05-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Lock down Milsap! His style of play fits in well with the up pace style they like to run.

WhiteSoxGod
05-06-2013, 05:30 PM
I love Millsap, I posted a write-up showing why he fits our system perfectly shortly before the trade deadline.

enitialdee
05-06-2013, 06:27 PM
<------- born and raise in SoCal and now residing in Houston, and loved it here. For all the poster dissing Houston like its a ----hole, y'all must be some teenage girls stuck on The Hills or the kardashians, falling for that LA media hype. Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S., home to a bunch of fortune 500 companies, that's pretty impressive for a ----hole city, don't you think. LA does have the glitz and glamor of Hollywood, but last time I check this is the National Basketball Association not Hollywood. Dwight n CP3 are superstars in LA, come to Houston they'll become instant local deity. And for the endorsement argument, it's more about the player themselves then the location they play in, just ask Kevin "doodle jump " Durant, he doing pretty good on endorsement, playing in small market OKC..

Asik's better
05-06-2013, 07:08 PM
I guarantee either Smith or Millsap will be at the rockets next season. Also there's a great article explaining the rockets plans this off season:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/05/rockets-qa-a-fans-guide-to-the-offseason/

ElevatorMoshPit
05-06-2013, 07:57 PM
I wish Milsap still belonged with the Jazz. But when he didn't sign the extension last offseason the Jazz started making plans without him. He.is perfect for Houston.

jerellh528
05-06-2013, 10:02 PM
U bitter?

He's very bitter lol

in his mind if you haven't played on a stacked team long enough to accumulate 5 rings you don't matter...

WHAT?! what do i have to be bitter about? And no, i just find it hard to believe any big name free agent is going to houston because harden wants them to..

Swashcuff
05-06-2013, 10:20 PM
WHAT?! what do i have to be bitter about? And no, i just find it hard to believe any big name free agent is going to houston because harden wants them to..

If a top 15 player WANTS to play with another top 15 player they'd sure as hell put great consideration into it. Same with Wade and Bron. In many ways your theory makes NO sense. Hayden's youth means that the player who is being recruited is going into a scenario where they'd be in a position to contend for time to come not because he's young that's a bad thing. That thinking is foolish tbh.

Bron and Bosh didn't go to Miami just because Wade wanted them to they weighed the pros and cons and made the right decision. Wade wanting them to come was of course a factor in that but at wasn't all, SAME with Harden. Dude is going to be the best SG in the game in a couple years who wouldn't want to play him?

SeoulBeatz
05-06-2013, 10:24 PM

it's not like Houston's some ****** place to live. It's a pretty good market, young rising team, i don't see why not?

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I had to stay in Houston for a week. Well a place called Sugar Land. It was nice. I dont think that the city would drive anyone away like I think Detroit, Oakland, or Cleveland would. It was hot and there were a lot of fat people. I dont know if I noticed more because I had heard that Houston was the most obese city and I was paying attention but I did notice it everywhere I went. It does get humid but it was not that bad. There were a lot of job opportunities so I could see it being a nice place to live for an average person.

But we have to remember who we are dealing with. A self centered health nut who craves attention. He belongs in L.A.

sventhedog
05-07-2013, 11:26 PM
omg. how the hell did harden come up with that idea! what a genius!

kblo247
05-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Dwight has like 100M on the line with Addidas to stay in LA, that's more than just his nba contract or an extra year.

FOBolous
05-08-2013, 01:22 AM
LA is such an overrated place forreal. i've been there 3 times before, and it isn't all that. i mean...Houston traffic is bad, but LA traffic is beyond comprehension. the traffic alone, and their uncourteous drivers, is enough to make me hate the city. there were a lot of tourist traps...yes...beyond that, the city's not that special. Houston has EVERYTHING LA has...the clubs, high end restaurants, food trucks, music scene, cultural spots, high end shopping, and luxurious gated communities...minus the high crime, congestion, and rude people who are full of themselves.

the ONLY city, imo, that can say they're truly "unique" is NYC. That city is amazing. NYC-ers live a lifestyle and culture that's different from any city I have ever been to in the US, and I love it. and I live in Vegas right now too (moved here for work). so if you're not from NYC, sit your butt down with your "oh no other cities compare to my city" crap.

sep11ie
05-08-2013, 12:11 PM

Yup, you bitter...

Blink
05-08-2013, 12:31 PM
The most enticing destination for NBA free agents is Detroit. We have the Great Lakes & Welfare. Nuff said..

NYJ - NYY
05-08-2013, 01:22 PM
la is such an overrated place forreal. I've been there 3 times before, and it isn't all that. I mean...houston traffic is bad, but la traffic is beyond comprehension. The traffic alone, and their uncourteous drivers, is enough to make me hate the city. There were a lot of tourist traps...yes...beyond that, the city's not that special. Houston has everything la has...the clubs, high end restaurants, food trucks, music scene, cultural spots, high end shopping, and luxurious gated communities...minus the high crime, congestion, and rude people who are full of themselves.

The only city, imo, that can say they're truly "unique" is nyc. That city is amazing. Nyc-ers live a lifestyle and culture that's different from any city i have ever been to in the us, and i love it. And i live in vegas right now too (moved here for work). So if you're not from nyc, sit your butt down with your "oh no other cities compare to my city" crap.

ny till i die

todu82
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah, Houston is going to be interesting to watch this summer. I've never been there but it seems like a nice market for someone to play in.

enitialdee
05-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Houston is going to be interesting to watch this summer. I've never been there but it seems like a nice market for someone to play in.
It is, the peeps hating on Houston are cocky lakers fan from SoCal, and teenage girls who worship the media hype surrounding the place.. As a person who's born n raise in SoCal (Irvine) I will tell you first hand, LA is the most overrated place ever.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Good luck with that. They'll probably get a second tier dude or two but no superstar is coming...

DumDum
05-09-2013, 01:15 AM
The most enticing destination for NBA free agents is Detroit. We have the Great Lakes & Welfare. Nuff said..

Not mention all the abandon car factories

jaji10
05-09-2013, 01:32 AM
the rockets dont need dwight or cp3.. they should just target josh smith or paul millsap, and a guard like jarett jack and they are all good..

2-ONE-5
05-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Good luck with that. They'll probably get a second tier dude or two but no superstar is coming...

way to elaborate. i mean didnt they just sign the biggest up and coming star to a extension a year ago? Did they not acquire a prime T-Mac in the past?

2-ONE-5
05-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Not mention all the abandon car factories

dont forget about American Jewlery!

Tony_Starks
05-09-2013, 11:03 AM
way to elaborate. i mean didnt they just sign the biggest up and coming star to a extension a year ago? Did they not acquire a prime T-Mac in the past?

No they didn't because that would be Steph Curry. But yeah they did get Harden, who was looking strictly for max money. They did sign Tmac who thought he could get a Shaq/Kobe situation teaming with Yao.

But now what? CP3 and Dwight aren't going anywhere. J Smith? Their not going to want to pay him max money. Same with Iggy. Brandon Jennings? They already have a "franchise" pg.

So where does that leave them? The Al Jeffersons of the world? Maybe Nate for firepower off the bench? Ok have at it.

2-ONE-5
05-09-2013, 11:09 AM
No one knows what howard and paul will do. Paul is likely to stay but Howard is a toss up espcailly with the way the season ended. Im not saying Houston lands either of em but you cant rule it out

JLynn943
05-09-2013, 11:26 AM
The hate on the city of Houston in this thread is absurd :laugh2: It's a massive market with even more reach than normal when factoring in its huge Chinese following.

FOBolous
05-09-2013, 12:39 PM
No they didn't because that would be Steph Curry. But yeah they did get Harden, who was looking strictly for max money. They did sign Tmac who thought he could get a Shaq/Kobe situation teaming with Yao.

But now what? CP3 and Dwight aren't going anywhere. J Smith? Their not going to want to pay him max money. Same with Iggy. Brandon Jennings? They already have a "franchise" pg.

So where does that leave them? The Al Jeffersons of the world? Maybe Nate for firepower off the bench? Ok have at it.

we also signed Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, and Scottie Pippen before. you act like Houston never signed 1st tier stars before. and how do you know what Dwight Howard would do? i don't think even he knows what he's going to do. and Jennings is not a "franchise" PG :laugh2: and wouldn't Dwight signing with Houston to play with Harden get both of them into a similar Shaq/Kobe type of situation? the best center in the league teaming up with one of the best...if not the best...SG?

Tony_Starks
05-09-2013, 12:45 PM
No one knows what howard and paul will do.
Paul is likely to stay but Howard is a toss up espcailly with the way the season ended. Im not saying Houston lands either of em but you cant rule it out

I can't see Howard taking less money to leave LaLa land. Especially with the way he went out in the playoffs.

You're right he is extremely wishy washy but I just don't see it happening. Especially to go to a team where he still isn't going to be the man, at least Kobe is on the way out....

enitialdee
05-09-2013, 12:47 PM
The hate on the city of Houston in this thread is absurd :laugh2: It's a massive market with even more reach than normal when factoring in its huge Chinese following.

It's mainly from, Lakers fan from the perfect city of Los Angeles. They put that overrated place on a pedestal, every other city in the US is dog s--t compare to that perfect city of LA.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
we also signed Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, and Scottie Pippen before. you act like Houston never signed 1st tier stars before. and how do you know what Dwight Howard would do? i don't think even he knows what he's going to do. and Jennings is not a "franchise" PG :laugh2: and wouldn't Dwight signing with Houston to play with Harden get both of them into a similar Shaq/Kobe type of situation? the best center in the league teaming up with one of the best...if not the best...SG?

The reason I'm saying they won't sign 1st tier guys its because basically Howard, CP3, and J Smith. Those are the only prime all stars out there. Maybe Iggy too if you want to call him 1st tier.

I don't see Dwight or Paul leaving and I don't think they want Smith. But I'm not saying they "can't" sign a star because a lot of players love H-Town. Just the free agent market isn't that big this year...

FOBolous
05-09-2013, 12:53 PM
The reason I'm saying they won't sign 1st tier guys its because basically Howard, CP3, and J Smith. Those are the only prime all stars out there. Maybe Iggy too if you want to call him 1st tier.

I don't see Dwight or Paul leaving and I don't think they want Smith. But I'm not saying they "can't" sign a star because a lot of players love H-Town. Just the market isn't that big...

Houston is the 4th largest city in the US behind NYC, LA, and Chicago. not to mention the fact that Houston is more successful than any other team at penetrating the Asian market. there's a reason why semi good players like Aaron Brooks who normally wouldn't get a shoe deal got a shoe deal in China. tell me again how Houston's market "just isn't that big?"

and Josh Smith isn't a 1st tier star. that's why Houston doesn't want to sign him with our max despite our desperate need at the 4. and again...how do you know what Howard wants? he doesn't even know what he wants.

FOBolous
05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I can't see Howard taking less money to leave LaLa land. Especially with the way he went out in the playoffs.

You're right he is extremely wishy washy but I just don't see it happening. Especially to go to a team where he still isn't going to be the man, at least Kobe is on the way out....

i think with the way he went out IS the reason why he wants to leave LA. like you said, he's wishy washy. he's not the type to stick around when the going gets tough.

Cubby
05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
It's mainly from, Lakers fan from the perfect city of Los Angeles. They put that overrated place on a pedestal, every other city in the US is dog s--t compare to that perfect city of LA.

I live here. It's insanely overrated, believe me.

enitialdee
05-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I live here. It's insanely overrated, believe me.

Totally believe you, I was born and raise there.

2-ONE-5
05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Houston is the 4th largest city in the US behind NYC, LA, and Chicago. not to mention the fact that Houston is more successful than any other team at penetrating the Asian market. there's a reason why semi good players like Aaron Brooks who normally wouldn't get a shoe deal got a shoe deal in China. tell me again how Houston's market "just isn't that big?"

and Josh Smith isn't a 1st tier star. that's why Houston doesn't want to sign him with our max despite our desperate need at the 4. and again...how do you know what Howard wants? he doesn't even know what he wants.

pretty sure he meant the FA market...

Tony_Starks
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Houston is the 4th largest city in the US
behind NYC, LA, and Chicago. not to mention the fact that Houston is more successful than any other team at penetrating the Asian market. there's a reason why semi good players like Aaron Brooks who normally wouldn't get a shoe deal got a shoe deal in China. tell me again how Houston's market "just isn't that big?"

I'm talking about the Free Agent market this year isn't that big. There's not a lot to choose from.

But trust me I'm not sleeping on H-Town at all. I have family in Texas and I always make it a point to go to Houston.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2013, 01:09 PM
i think with the way he went out IS the
reason why he wants to leave LA. like you said, he's wishy washy. he's not the type to stick around when the going gets tough.

But he's also like a little kid in the sense that he wants everyone to like him. I don't think he wants the "he couldn't take it in LA" thing on his résumé. Especially when a old man Kobe had to drag the team into the playoffs just for him to choke.

AND don't underestimate his relationship with Kobe. The media tried to create a beef but according to both guys they are pretty cool.

FOBolous
05-09-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm talking about the Free Agent market this year isn't that big. There's not a lot to choose from.

But trust me I'm not sleeping on H-Town at all. I have family in Texas and I always make it a point to go to Houston.

oh. ok. well then. lol

FOBolous
05-09-2013, 01:10 PM
But he's also like a little kid in the sense that he wants everyone to like him. I don't think he wants the "he couldn't take it in LA" thing on his résumé. Especially when a old man Kobe had to drag the team into the playoffs just for him to choke.

AND don't underestimate his relationship with Kobe. The media tried to create a beef but according to both guys they are pretty cool.

eh. we'll see what he does.

HowFit
05-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Howard and CP3 are heading to Miami this offseason, end of story....

ChiSox219
05-09-2013, 04:24 PM

If Houston misses on FA this year they can carry over their cap space to 2014 (which is supposed to be loaded) and let all of their young talent develop some more.

BKLYNpigeon
05-09-2013, 04:41 PM
he needs to recruit a new PG.

WhiteSoxGod
05-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Why Lin and Beverly are fine at the point. Only an outsider who doesn't watch Rockets games would say this.

lol, please
05-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Cool sig WSG. ;) but I think comparing their bodies of work after Tebow finishes his career will be more interesting.

WhiteSoxGod
05-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Cool sig WSG. ;) but I think comparing their bodies of work after Tebow finishes his career will be more interesting.

Not really because Elway got a fair opportunity. He worked in a world of so much less scrutiny. There was no social media, hell there was barely internet for most of his career. If the situations were the same then we could talk. It's just a shame such a good football player is being blackballed because he is too well like, popular, and influential.

Tony_Starks
05-10-2013, 02:02 AM
Why Lin and Beverly are fine at the point. Only an outsider who doesn't watch Rockets games would say this.

Beverly has got game. Him and Harden are a nice combo, Lin needs to come off the bench.

WhiteSoxGod
05-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I mean I'm OK with either. Jeremy Lin is underrated though. His defense is not as bad as people seem to think.