PDA

View Full Version : Celtics' 20-0 run was outrageous and incredible!Were there similar examples?

Chrisclover
05-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Though the celtics failed at last, they actually started a 20-0 run in the 4th quarter and cut the Knicks' lead to 6
what a blast!!!!i haven't seen a crazy play like this before!
Can anybody name some previous playoff games like this?

justinnum1
05-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Last season in the playoffs, clippers had a crazy. Forgot the amount but it was up there.

kdspurman
05-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Spurs went on a 24-0 run against the Clippers last year in the 3rd quarter. (Game 3)

FreakaNashur
05-04-2013, 10:39 AM
hype up the celtics....any team can do that against a non attacking jump shooting team

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 10:45 AM
hype up the celtics....any team can do that against a non attacking jump shooting team

Than why are the Celtics the only ones that did it all year?

Thats exactly the way everyone should have expected the Celtics to go out. Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champ, those dudes weren't going to bend over and take it. I learned my lesson.

torocan
05-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Thats exactly the way everyone should have expected the Celtics to go out. Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champ, those dudes weren't going to bend over and take it. I learned my lesson.

This.

Old or not, it's always a mistake to underestimate the Celtics in the play offs.

You can beat them, but don't ever think they'll roll over in the play offs when they have Pierce, Garnett and Doc Rivers running the show.

Take them lightly at your own peril.

oak2455
05-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Who cares tell Paul Pierce take up golf .....

TeamSeattle
05-04-2013, 11:47 AM
The NBA: where momentum reffing happens. Cool run though and good heart.

Guppyfighter
05-04-2013, 11:52 AM
The Clippers had the best come back of all time. Of all time.

Green_Monster
05-04-2013, 12:09 PM
The NBA: where momentum reffing happens. Cool run though and good heart.

:laugh2:

Momentum reffing? During this run, the Knicks played horrible, it wasn't the refs.

Avenged
05-04-2013, 12:32 PM
It was so outrageous they had some Knicks fan saying they were enjoying "history in the making" watching their team nearly choke like that. Smh.

kblo247
05-04-2013, 12:43 PM
It was so outrageous they had some Knicks fan saying they were enjoying "history in the making" watching their team nearly choke like that. Smh.

Reminded me of that old rs game a decade ago with kobe and Shaq v Dallas, down 30.

Spurs are the only recent team I can think had those playoff spurts though but Boston had me watching and hoping it was close cause you felt this was the end of their core

marvILLous
05-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Clippers last yr with nick young was even more insane lol and they actually pulled off the comeback

KniCks4LiFe
05-04-2013, 12:52 PM
for the first time since the live broadcast I re-watched that little comeback play for play. And I came away while drinking my coffee to the same conclusion.

The whole comeback was cuz' of one guy. Who I wish the Celtics didn't have. Avery Bradley. That guy was in every play. All the sudden he went from sucking all postseason, which he did. To owning the whole ****ing court. So no I've never seen an amazing comeback like that in the playoffs when a team is left for dead since the Lakers first run against Portland. 26 pt. lead evaporated almost cuz' of that one guy.

CostanzaNumba0
05-04-2013, 01:33 PM
:laugh2:

Momentum reffing? During this run, the Knicks played horrible, it wasn't the refs.

The first charge on tyson which was an and1 was particularly outrageous

Green_Monster
05-04-2013, 01:56 PM
The first charge on tyson which was an and1 was particularly outrageous

And then Carmelo got a makeup call on the other end, which was an and one. That slowed down the momentum.

NYKNYGNYY
05-04-2013, 02:04 PM
u mad bro^^ just playin,,,that was one of the craziest things ive ever seen...most upsetting and really hurts my confidence in them for the rest of the playoffs

NYKNYGNYY
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM
seems like the knicks can never put a team away, we had so many opportunities , the Celtics dug there own grave and we couldn't throw the dirt on them

JesusNYY_Savior
05-04-2013, 02:39 PM

false it was sparked by great on ball D from Avery Bradley. I dont know what lit the spark under his *** but if played like that all series we would have been in deep ****.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-04-2013, 02:41 PM
And then Carmelo got a makeup call on the other end, which was an and one. That slowed down the momentum.
refs were heavily in the celtics favor for that game, and I watched the whole game

oak2455
05-04-2013, 02:58 PM
refs were heavily in the celtics favor for that game, and I watched the whole game

most fans did:confused:

Clippersfan86
05-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Clippers were down 24 with 8 minutes left in the game and made the biggest comeback in NBA history. They were down 27 at one point early 4th too. The biggest single run they made in that game was something like 22-3 I believe. Held Memphis to over 9 minutes without a field goal. In fact I think Memphis scored like 10 total 4th quarter points and 6 were from the free throw line. They were held to like 2 or 3 field goals the ENTIRE 4th quarter.

YoungOne
05-04-2013, 03:54 PM
celtics had two 20-0 runs in one game against miami in 2010 first playoff round I believe

D-Leethal
05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
false it was sparked by great on ball D from Avery Bradley. I dont know what lit the spark under his *** but if played like that all series we would have been in deep ****.

Ray Felton was too busy making him his personal doughnut delivering *****.

DragonJaii
05-05-2013, 01:02 AM
that was just very careless basketball by the knicks. i thought they would lose at a point lol, and you can also see the refs calling fouls for celtics easily.

bosox3431
05-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Than why are the Celtics the only ones that did it all year?

The heart of champ? They'll be sitting at home watching the second round. A lot of good that heart did them.